Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CMTM3
Description: CKLF like MARVEL transmembrane domain containing 3
Alias: BNAS2, CKLFSF3, CKLF-like MARVEL transmembrane domain-containing protein 3, chemokine-like factor superfamily member 3
- Li J, Chen C, Bi X, Zhou C, Huang T, Ni C, et al. DNA methylation of CMTM3, SSTR2, and MDFI genes in colorectal cancer. Gene. 2017;630:1-7 pubmed publisher..This study was performed to analyze the methylation frequency of six candidate genes, CMTM3, SSTR2, MDFI, NDRG4, TGFB2, and BCL2L11, in fresh-frozen CRC tissues and adjacent normal colorectal tissues, from ..
- Li W, Zhang S. CKLF-Like MARVEL Transmembrane Domain-Containing Member 3 (CMTM3) Inhibits the Proliferation and Tumorigenisis in Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cells. Oncol Res. 2017;25:285-293 pubmed publisherThe CKLF-like MARVEL transmembrane domain-containing 3 (CMTM3), a member of the CMTM family, was found in several human tumors and plays an important role in the development and progression of tumors...
- Xie J, Yuan Y, Liu Z, Xiao Y, Zhang X, Qin C, et al. CMTM3 is frequently reduced in clear cell renal cell carcinoma and exhibits tumor suppressor activities. Clin Transl Oncol. 2014;16:402-9 pubmed publisherCKLF-like MARVEL transmembrane domain containing member 3 (CMTM3) is silenced in many kinds of cancers and inhibits tumor cells growth. We investigated the expression and role of CMTM3 in clear cell renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC)...
- Han W, Ding P, Xu M, Wang L, Rui M, Shi S, et al. Identification of eight genes encoding chemokine-like factor superfamily members 1-8 (CKLFSF1-8) by in silico cloning and experimental validation. Genomics. 2003;81:609-17 pubmed..The characteristics of CKLFSF2-7 are intermediate between CKLFSF1 and CKLFSF8. This indicates that CKLFSF represents a novel gene family between the SCY and the TM4SF gene families. ..
- Yuan W, Liu B, Wang X, Li T, Xue H, Mo X, et al. CMTM3 decreases EGFR expression and EGF-mediated tumorigenicity by promoting Rab5 activity in gastric cancer. Cancer Lett. 2017;386:77-86 pubmed publisherb>CMTM3 (CKLF-like MARVEL transmembrane domain containing 3), a tumor suppressor gene, is involved in multiple types of malignancies. CMTM3 knockdown promotes metastasis of gastric cancer via the STAT3/Twist1/EMT signaling pathway...
- Su Y, Lin Y, Zhang L, Liu B, Yuan W, Mo X, et al. CMTM3 inhibits cell migration and invasion and correlates with favorable prognosis in gastric cancer. Cancer Sci. 2014;105:26-34 pubmed publisherThe CKLF-like MARVEL transmembrane domain containing 3 (CMTM3) gene is a novel tumor suppressor with frequent epigenetic inactivation...
- Yuan W, Li T, Mo X, Wang X, Liu B, Wang W, et al. Knockdown of CMTM3 promotes metastasis of gastric cancer via the STAT3/Twist1/EMT signaling pathway. Oncotarget. 2016;7:29507-19 pubmed publisherb>CMTM3 (CKLF-like MARVEL transmembrane domain containing 3) possesses tumor suppressor properties in multiple types of malignancies...
- Zhong J, Wang Y, Qiu X, Mo X, Liu Y, Li T, et al. Characterization and expression profile of CMTM3/CKLFSF3. J Biochem Mol Biol. 2006;39:537-45 pubmed..Here we report the characteristics and expression profile of CMTM3/CKLFSF3. Human CMTM3/CKLFSF3 has a high sequence identity among various species and similar characteristics as its mouse ..
- Chrifi I, Louzao Martinez L, Brandt M, van Dijk C, Burgisser P, Zhu C, et al. CMTM3 (CKLF-Like Marvel Transmembrane Domain 3) Mediates Angiogenesis by Regulating Cell Surface Availability of VE-Cadherin in Endothelial Adherens Junctions. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:1098-1114 pubmed publisher..Here, we assessed the function of CMTM3 (CKLF-like MARVEL transmembrane domain 3), which we have previously identified as highly expressed in Flk1+Zhang H, Zhang J, Nan X, Li X, Qu J, Hong Y, et al. CMTM3 inhibits cell growth and migration and predicts favorable survival in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:7849-58 pubmed publisherDownregulation of CKLF-like MARVEL transmembrane domain-containing member 3 (CMTM3) has been reported in a number of human tumors. However, the role of CMTM3 in oral squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC) remains largely unknown...Shen Z, Chen X, Li Q, Zhou C, Xu Y, Yu R, et al. Elevated methylation of CMTM3 promoter in the male laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma patients. Clin Biochem. 2016;49:1278-1282 pubmed publisherCKLF-like MARVEL transmembrane domain containing 3 (CMTM3), as a tumor suppressor gene, plays an important role in the suppression of cell growth and apoptosis...