Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CLEC7A
Description: C-type lectin domain containing 7A
Alias: BGR, CANDF4, CD369, CLECSF12, DECTIN1, SCARE2, C-type lectin domain family 7 member A, C-type (calcium dependent, carbohydrate-recognition domain) lectin, superfamily member 12, C-type lectin superfamily member 12, DC-associated C-type lectin 1, beta-glucan receptor, dectin-1, dendritic cell-associated C-type lectin-1, lectin-like receptor 1
- Weck M, Appel S, Werth D, Sinzger C, Bringmann A, Grunebach F, et al. hDectin-1 is involved in uptake and cross-presentation of cellular antigens. Blood. 2008;111:4264-72 pubmed
- Mantegazza A, Barrio M, Moutel S, Bover L, Weck M, Brossart P, et al. CD63 tetraspanin slows down cell migration and translocates to the endosomal-lysosomal-MIICs route after extracellular stimuli in human immature dendritic cells. Blood. 2004;104:1183-90 pubmed..However, only CD63 would intervene in the internalization of complex antigens. ..
- Reid D, Gow N, Brown G. Pattern recognition: recent insights from Dectin-1. Curr Opin Immunol. 2009;21:30-7 pubmed publisher..Recent studies have highlighted the importance of Dectin-1 in anti-fungal immunity, in both mice and humans, and have suggested a possible involvement of this receptor in the control of mycobacterial infections. ..
- Skrzypek F, Cenci E, Pietrella D, Rachini A, Bistoni F, Vecchiarelli A. Dectin-1 is required for human dendritic cells to initiate immune response to Candida albicans through Syk activation. Microbes Infect. 2009;11:661-70 pubmed publisher..albicans leading to T cells response alteration. These effects are largely, though not completely, mediated by Syk activation. ..
- Gringhuis S, Wevers B, Kaptein T, van Capel T, Theelen B, Boekhout T, et al. Selective C-Rel activation via Malt1 controls anti-fungal T(H)-17 immunity by dectin-1 and dectin-2. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1001259 pubmed publisher..Thus, dectin-1 and dectin-2 control adaptive T(H)-17 immunity to fungi via Malt1-dependent activation of c-Rel. ..
- Underhill D, Rossnagle E, Lowell C, Simmons R. Dectin-1 activates Syk tyrosine kinase in a dynamic subset of macrophages for reactive oxygen production. Blood. 2005;106:2543-50 pubmed..The proportion of macrophages using this signaling pathway can be modulated by cytokine treatment. Thus, Dectin-1 signaling reveals dynamic macrophage heterogeneity in inflammatory activation potential. ..
- Lee H, Yuk J, Shin D, Jo E. Dectin-1 is inducible and plays an essential role for mycobacteria-induced innate immune responses in airway epithelial cells. J Clin Immunol. 2009;29:795-805 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings demonstrate the novel induction of Dectin-1 in type II airway epithelial cells and its critical role in the innate immune response against Mtb in non-phagocytic cells. ..
- Chai L, de Boer M, van der Velden W, Plantinga T, van Spriel A, Jacobs C, et al. The Y238X stop codon polymorphism in the human ?-glucan receptor dectin-1 and susceptibility to invasive aspergillosis. J Infect Dis. 2011;203:736-43 pubmed publisher..This is partly attributable to redundancy inherent in the innate immune system. Larger studies are needed to confirm these findings. ..
- Taylor P, Brown G, Herre J, Williams D, Willment J, Gordon S. The role of SIGNR1 and the beta-glucan receptor (dectin-1) in the nonopsonic recognition of yeast by specific macrophages. J Immunol. 2004;172:1157-62 pubmed..These studies have identified SIGNR1 as a major MR for fungal and other pathogens present on specific subsets of Mphi. ..
- Willment J, Marshall A, Reid D, Williams D, Wong S, Gordon S, et al. The human beta-glucan receptor is widely expressed and functionally equivalent to murine Dectin-1 on primary cells. Eur J Immunol. 2005;35:1539-47 pubmed
- Sun W, Lu X, Li X, Sun Q, Su X, Song Y, et al. Dectin-1 is inducible and plays a crucial role in Aspergillus-induced innate immune responses in human bronchial epithelial cells. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2012;31:2755-64 pubmed..Our results demonstrate the novel induction of Dectin-1 in human bronchial epithelial cells and its critical role in the innate immune response against A. fumigatus in non-phagocytic cells. ..
- Lee H, Shin D, Choi D, Lee Z, Kim K, Yuk J, et al. Innate immune responses to Mycobacterium ulcerans via toll-like receptors and dectin-1 in human keratinocytes. Cell Microbiol. 2009;11:678-92 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that TLR2, TLR4 and Dectin-1 actively sense, internalize and respond in an innate way to MU in human epidermal keratinocytes. ..
- Brown G. Dectin-1: a signalling non-TLR pattern-recognition receptor. Nat Rev Immunol. 2006;6:33-43 pubmed
- Gringhuis S, den Dunnen J, Litjens M, van der Vlist M, Wevers B, Bruijns S, et al. Dectin-1 directs T helper cell differentiation by controlling noncanonical NF-kappaB activation through Raf-1 and Syk. Nat Immunol. 2009;10:203-13 pubmed publisher..Thus, dectin-1 activates two independent signaling pathways, one through Syk and one through Raf-1, to induce immune responses. ..
- Meyer Wentrup F, Figdor C, Ansems M, Brossart P, Wright M, Adema G, et al. Dectin-1 interaction with tetraspanin CD37 inhibits IL-6 production. J Immunol. 2007;178:154-62 pubmed..Taken together, these findings show that tetraspanin CD37 is important for dectin-1 stabilization in APC membranes and controls dectin-1-mediated IL-6 production. ..
- Ariizumi K, Shen G, Shikano S, Xu S, Ritter R, Kumamoto T, et al. Identification of a novel, dendritic cell-associated molecule, dectin-1, by subtractive cDNA cloning. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:20157-67 pubmed..Not only do these results document the efficacy of subtractive cDNA cloning for the identification of unique genes expressed by DC, they also provide a framework for studying the physiological function of dectin-1. ..
- Santin E, Hayashi R, Wammes J, Gonzalez Esquerra R, Carazzolle M, Freire C, et al. Phenotypic and Genotypic Features of a Salmonella Heidelberg Strain Isolated in Broilers in Brazil and Their Possible Association to Antibiotics and Short-Chain Organic Acids Resistance and Susceptibility. Front Vet Sci. 2017;4:184 pubmed publisher..and a multidrug-resistant SL476 strain revealed 11 missing genomic fragments and 5 insertions related to bgt, bgr, and rpoS genes...
- Michaelsen F, Saeed M, Schwarzkopf J, Efferth T. Activity of Artemisia annua and artemisinin derivatives, in prostate carcinoma. Phytomedicine. 2015;22:1223-31 pubmed publisher..Controlled clinical trials are required to evaluate the clinical benefit of A. annua in prostate cancer. ..
- Frank D, Naseem S, Russo G, Li C, Parashar K, Konopka J, et al. Phagocytes from Mice Lacking the Sts Phosphatases Have an Enhanced Antifungal Response to Candida albicans. MBio. 2018;9: pubmed publisher..These results suggest that phagocytes lacking Sts respond to fungal challenge more effectively and that this enhanced responsiveness partially underlies the profound resistance of Sts-/- mice to systemic fungal challenge. ..
- RomÃ¡n E, Correia I, Salazin A, Fradin C, Jouault T, Poulain D, et al. The Cek1â€‘mediated MAP kinase pathway regulates exposure of Î±â€‘1,2 and Î²â€‘1,2â€‘mannosides in the cell wall of Candida albicans modulating immune recognition. Virulence. 2016;7:558-77 pubmed publisher..All these data support a role for the Cek1â€‘mediated pathway in fungal cell wall maintenance, virulence and antifungal discovery. ..
- Peng X, Zhao G, Lin J, Qu J, Zhang Y, Li C. Phospholipase C?2 is critical for Ca2+ flux and cytokine production in anti-fungal innate immunity of human corneal epithelial cells. BMC Ophthalmol. 2018;18:170 pubmed publisher..fumigatus hyphae. Syk acts upstream of PLC?2 in the Dectin-1 signaling pathway. The expressions of proinflammatory mediators induced by A. fumigatus are regulated by the activation of Dectin-1-mediated PLC?2 signaling pathway in HCECs. ..
- Malik U, Javed A. FAM26F: An Enigmatic Protein Having a Complex Role in the Immune System. Int Rev Immunol. 2016;:1-11 pubmed
- Ribbing C, Engblom C, Lappalainen J, Lindstedt K, Kovanen P, Karlsson M, et al. Mast cells generated from patients with atopic eczema have enhanced levels of granule mediators and an impaired Dectin-1 expression. Allergy. 2011;66:110-9 pubmed publisher..Further investigations with skin-derived MCs are necessary to confirm the observed differences which could provide new insights into the pathogenic mechanisms underlying AE. ..
- Maruyama K, Takayama Y, Kondo T, Ishibashi K, Sahoo B, Kanemaru H, et al. Nociceptors Boost the Resolution of Fungal Osteoinflammation via the TRP Channel-CGRP-Jdp2 Axis. Cell Rep. 2017;19:2730-2742 pubmed publisher..These findings clearly suggest a role for Dectin-1-mediated sensocrine pathways in the resolution of fungal osteoinflammation. ..
- Omar N, Rashed R, El Hazek R, El Sabbagh W, Rashed E, El Ghazaly M. Platelet-rich plasma-induced feedback inhibition of activin A/follistatin signaling: A mechanism for tumor-low risk skin rejuvenation in irradiated rats. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2018;180:17-24 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the specific M2 macrophage subtype was found to express dectin-1 receptors which have high affinity for tumor cells thereby is expected to reduce the potential for developing tumors after radiotherapy. ..
- Lan H, Wu L, Sun R, Yang K, Liu Y, Wu J, et al. Investigation of Aspergillus flavus in animal virulence. Toxicon. 2018;145:40-47 pubmed publisher..flavus mutants in animal virulence. We hope to use this model to determine distinct A.Â flavus strains virulence in animals and study novel therapeutic methods to help control fungus diseases in the future. ..
- Yang A, Inamine T, Hochrath K, Chen P, Wang L, Llorente C, et al. Intestinal fungi contribute to development of alcoholic liver disease. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:2829-2841 pubmed publisher..marrow chimeric mice, we found that Î²-glucan induces liver inflammation via the C-type lectin-like receptor CLEC7A on Kupffer cells and possibly other bone marrow-derived cells...
- Tang C, Kamiya T, Liu Y, Kadoki M, Kakuta S, Oshima K, et al. Inhibition of Dectin-1 Signaling Ameliorates Colitis by Inducing Lactobacillus-Mediated Regulatory T Cell Expansion in the Intestine. Cell Host Microbe. 2015;18:183-97 pubmed publisher..We found that Dectin-1-deficient (Clec7a(-/-)) mice were refractory to both dextran sodium sulfate (DSS)- and CD45RB(high)CD4(+) T cell-induced colitis, ..
- Kamiya T, Tang C, Kadoki M, Oshima K, Hattori M, Saijo S, et al. ?-Glucans in food modify colonic microflora by inducing antimicrobial protein, calprotectin, in a Dectin-1-induced-IL-17F-dependent manner. Mucosal Immunol. 2017;: pubmed publisherDectin-1 (gene symbol: Clec7a) is a receptor for ?-glucans that play an important role for the host defense against fungi...
- Ruffino J, Davies N, Morris K, Ludgate M, Zhang L, Webb R, et al. Moderate-intensity exercise alters markers of alternative activation in circulating monocytes in females: a putative role for PPAR?. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2016;116:1671-82 pubmed publisher..These findings provide an alternative mechanism by which exercise may exert its anti-inflammatory effects in order to prevent insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. ..
- Yoshikawa F, Yabe R, Iwakura Y, de Almeida S, Saijo S. Dectin-1 and Dectin-2 promote control of the fungal pathogen Trichophyton rubrum independently of IL-17 and adaptive immunity in experimental deep dermatophytosis. Innate Immun. 2016;22:316-24 pubmed publisher..rubrum infection, impairing its resolution. Strikingly, neither adaptive immunity nor IL-17 response were required for fungal clearance, highlighting innate immunity as the main checkpoint in the pathogenesis of T. rubrum infection. ..
- Bonfim C, Mamoni R, Blotta M. TLR-2, TLR-4 and dectin-1 expression in human monocytes and neutrophils stimulated by Paracoccidioides brasiliensis. Med Mycol. 2009;47:722-33 pubmed publisher..With these attributes the low virulence strain of P. brasiliensis would induce a controlled immune response beneficial to the host. ..
- Amash A, Wang L, Wang Y, Bhakta V, Fairn G, Hou M, et al. CD44 Antibody Inhibition of Macrophage Phagocytosis Targets FcÎ³ Receptor- and Complement Receptor 3-Dependent Mechanisms. J Immunol. 2016;196:3331-40 pubmed publisher..The understanding of the immune-regulatory effects of CD44 Abs is important in the development and optimization of therapeutic strategies for the potential treatment of autoimmune conditions. ..
- Jiang S, Niu S, Yao W, Li Z, Li Q. Binding activities of non-?-glucan glycoclusters to dectin-1 and exploration of their binding site. Carbohydr Res. 2016;429:148-54 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that there might be a possible new carbohydrate binding site on dectin-1. ..
- Gazendam R, van Hamme J, Tool A, Hoogenboezem M, van den Berg J, Prins J, et al. Human Neutrophils Use Different Mechanisms To Kill Aspergillus fumigatus Conidia and Hyphae: Evidence from Phagocyte Defects. J Immunol. 2016;196:1272-83 pubmed publisher..fumigatus killing. Thus, our findings reveal distinct killing mechanisms of Aspergillus conidia and hyphae by human neutrophils, leading to a comprehensive insight in the innate antifungal response. ..
- Kim Y, Kim J, Woo M, Kim T, Sohn K, Lee Y, et al. Innate signaling mechanisms controlling Mycobacterium chelonae-mediated CCL2 and CCL5 expression in macrophages. J Microbiol. 2015;53:864-74 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the present data indicate that the TLR2, MyD88, and NF-ÎºB pathways, Dectin-1 signaling, and intracellular ROS generation contribute to the Mch-mediated expression of chemokine genes in BMDMs. ..
- Karnam A, Holla S, Balaji K. Sonic hedgehog-responsive lipoxygenases and cyclooxygenase-2 modulate Dectin-1-induced inflammatory cytokines. Mol Immunol. 2015;68:280-9 pubmed publisher..Together, the current study establishes Dectin-1-arbitrated host mediators that direct the differential regulation of immune responses during fungal infections and thus are potential candidates of therapeutic intervention. ..
- Ito T, Hirose K, Norimoto A, Tamachi T, Yokota M, Saku A, et al. Dectin-1 Plays an Important Role in House Dust Mite-Induced Allergic Airway Inflammation through the Activation of CD11b+ Dendritic Cells. J Immunol. 2017;198:61-70 pubmed..Dectin-1 (gene symbol Clec7a), a C-type lectin receptor, recognizes the fungal cell wall component ?-glucan, as well as some component(s) in ..
- Bauer B, Wotapek T, ZÃ¶ller T, Rutkowski E, Steinle A. The Activating C-type Lectin-like Receptor NKp65 Signals through a Hemi-immunoreceptor Tyrosine-based Activation Motif (hemITAM) and Spleen Tyrosine Kinase (Syk). J Biol Chem. 2017;292:3213-3223 pubmed publisher..In summary, NKp65 utilizes a hemITAM-like motif for cellular activation that requires Syk, although Syk appears not to be recruited to NKp65. ..
- Van der Meer J, Joosten L, Riksen N, Netea M. Trained immunity: A smart way to enhance innate immune defence. Mol Immunol. 2015;68:40-4 pubmed publisher..TI is not only important for host defence and vaccine responses, but most probably also for diseases like atherosclerosis. Modulation of TI is a promising area for new treatments. ..
- Yokota K, Takashima A, Bergstresser P, Ariizumi K. Identification of a human homologue of the dendritic cell-associated C-type lectin-1, dectin-1. Gene. 2001;272:51-60 pubmed..Our results indicate that human DECTIN-1 shares many features with mouse dectin-1, including the generation of neck domain-lacking isoforms, which may down-regulate the co-stimulatory function of dectin-1. ..
- Wang D, Gao S, Chen J, Zhao Y, Jiang Y, Chu X, et al. Dectin-1 stimulates IL-33 expression in dendritic cells via upregulation of IRF4. Lab Invest. 2018;98:708-714 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study provides new insights into the mechanisms of dectin-1-induced IL-33 expression in DCs and may provide new targets for improving DC-based cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Jellmayer J, Ferreira L, Manente F, GonÃ§alves A, Polesi M, Batista Duharte A, et al. Dectin-1 expression by macrophages and related antifungal mechanisms in a murine model of Sporothrix schenckii sensu stricto systemic infection. Microb Pathog. 2017;110:78-84 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a role for Dectin-1 in triggering the immune response during S.Â schenckii infection. ..
- Xiao Y, Tang J, Guo H, Zhao Y, Tang R, Ouyang S, et al. Targeting CBLB as a potential therapeutic approach for disseminated candidiasis. Nat Med. 2016;22:906-14 pubmed publisher..Our data also indicate that CBLB represents a potential therapeutic target for protection from disseminated candidiasis. ..
- Fernández N, Alonso S, Valera I, Vigo A, Renedo M, Barbolla L, et al. Mannose-containing molecular patterns are strong inducers of cyclooxygenase-2 expression and prostaglandin E2 production in human macrophages. J Immunol. 2005;174:8154-62 pubmed
- Du L, Chen X, Duan Z, Liu C, Zeng R, Chen Q, et al. MiR-146a negatively regulates dectin-1-induced inflammatory responses. Oncotarget. 2017;8:37355-37366 pubmed publisher..Luciferase reporter assays showed miR-146a inhibited NF-ÎºB promoter-binding activity. Together, our data suggest miR-146a may play the potent negative feedback regulator in inflammatory response following Dectin-1 stimulation. ..
- Song J, Kim Y, Han K, Yoon B, Kim J. Zymosan and PMA activate the immune responses of Mutz3-derived dendritic cells synergistically. Immunol Lett. 2015;167:41-6 pubmed publisher..Simultaneous phosphorylation of separate IKK subunits by co-treatment of zymosan and PMA resulted in cooperative activation of NF-ÎºB and TNF-Î± production. ..
- Liang N, Yang Y, Li W, Wu Y, Zhang Z, Luo Y, et al. Overexpression of NLRP3, NLRC4 and AIM2 inflammasomes and their priming-associated molecules (TLR2, TLR4, Dectin-1, Dectin-2 and NF?B) in Malassezia folliculitis. Mycoses. 2017;: pubmed publisher..05). Our observation suggests that simultaneous activation of NLRP3, NLRC4 and AIM2 inflammasomes may play an important role in the pathogenesis of MF...
- Benmoussa K, Authier H, Prat M, Alaeddine M, Lefevre L, Rahabi M, et al. P17, an Original Host Defense Peptide from Ant Venom, Promotes Antifungal Activities of Macrophages through the Induction of C-Type Lectin Receptors Dependent on LTB4-Mediated PPAR? Activation. Front Immunol. 2017;8:1650 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results identify P17 as an original activator of the fungicidal response of macrophages that acts upstream PPAR?/CLRs axis and offer new immunomodulatory therapeutic perspectives in the field of infectious diseases...
- Sobanov Y, Bernreiter A, Derdak S, Mechtcheriakova D, Schweighofer B, Düchler M, et al. A novel cluster of lectin-like receptor genes expressed in monocytic, dendritic and endothelial cells maps close to the NK receptor genes in the human NK gene complex. Eur J Immunol. 2001;31:3493-503 pubmed..We propose that this family of lectin-like genes encodes receptors with important immune and/or scavenger functions in monocytic, dendritic and endothelial cells. ..
- Dos Santos A, Mendes E, de Oliveira R, Faria A, de Sousa A, Pirovani C, et al. Trichoderma asperelloides Spores Downregulate dectin1/2 and TLR2 Receptors of Mice Macrophages and Decrease Candida parapsilosis Phagocytosis Independent of the M1/M2 Polarization. Front Microbiol. 2017;8:1681 pubmed publisher..Our data could infer that T. asperelloides spores may confer susceptibility to infection by C. parapsilosis...
- Kim S, Zhong X, Kim W, Kim K, Suh Y, Kim C, et al. Taurine chloramine potentiates phagocytic activity of peritoneal macrophages through up-regulation of dectin-1 mediated by heme oxygenase-1-derived carbon monoxide. FASEB J. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Suh, Y.-G., Kim, C., Joe, Y., Chung, H. T., Cha, Y.-N., Surh, Y.-J. Taurine chloramine potentiates phagocytic activity of peritoneal macrophages through upregulation of dectin-1 mediated by heme oxygenase-1-derived carbon monoxide. ..
- Qu X, Che C, Gao A, Lin J, Wang N, Du X, et al. Association of Dectin-1 and DC-SIGN gene single nucleotide polymorphisms with fungal keratitis in the northern Han Chinese population. Mol Vis. 2015;21:391-402 pubmed..The haplotypes of DC-SIGN may be susceptible to the risk of FK, whereas the analysis of Dectin-1 gene polymorphisms showed no significant association with FK risk. Further research with a larger sample is recommended. ..
- Braun B, Butterfield G, Dominick S, Zamudio S, McCullough R, Rock P, et al. Women at altitude: changes in carbohydrate metabolism at 4,300-m elevation and across the menstrual cycle. J Appl Physiol (1985). 1998;85:1966-73 pubmedWe hypothesized that, in women, the blood glucose response to a meal (BGR) would be lower after exposure to 4,300 m compared with sea level (SL) and that BGR would be reduced in the presence of estrogen plus progesterone (E+P) relative ..
- van Bruggen R, Drewniak A, Jansen M, van Houdt M, Roos D, Chapel H, et al. Complement receptor 3, not Dectin-1, is the major receptor on human neutrophils for beta-glucan-bearing particles. Mol Immunol. 2009;47:575-81 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data show that Dectin-1, although indispensable for recognition of beta-glucan-bearing particles in mice, is not the major receptor for yeast particles in human neutrophils. ..
- Harnack U, Kellermann U, Pecher G. Yeast-derived beta-(1-3),(1-6)-D-glucan induces up-regulation of CD86 on dectin-1-positive human B-lymphoma cell lines. Anticancer Res. 2011;31:4195-9 pubmed..Yeast-derived beta-glucan lacks cytotoxic effects towards B-lymphoma cells but up-regulation of CD86 suggests maturation of the cells via dectin-1 by the carbohydrate. ..
- Wester M, Lin J, Neumann A. A computational model for regulation of nanoscale glucan exposure in Candida albicans. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0188599 pubmed publisher..albicans...
- Drickamer K. C-type lectin-like domains. Curr Opin Struct Biol. 1999;9:585-90 pubmed..C-type lectin-like domains associate with each other through several different surfaces to form dimers and trimers, from which ligand-binding sites project in a variety of different orientations. ..
- Bennabi M, Delorme R, Oliveira J, Fortier C, Lajnef M, Boukouaci W, et al. Dectin-1 Polymorphism: A Genetic Disease Specifier in Autism Spectrum Disorders?. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0137339 pubmed publisher..dysbiosis in ASD and investigated, under a case-control design, the influence of DNA polymorphisms in the CLEC7A gene that encodes a pivotal fungal sensor, Dectin-1...
- de la Rosa G, Yanez Mo M, Samaneigo R, Serrano Gomez D, Martínez Muñoz L, Fernández Ruiz E, et al. Regulated recruitment of DC-SIGN to cell-cell contact regions during zymosan-induced human dendritic cell aggregation. J Leukoc Biol. 2005;77:699-709 pubmed..DC-SIGN was highly concentrated at points of cell-cell contact, suggesting a role for enhanced avidity during DC-SIGN-mediated intercellular adhesion. ..
- Xie J, Sun M, Guo L, Liu W, Jiang J, Chen X, et al. Human Dectin-1 isoform E is a cytoplasmic protein and interacts with RanBPM. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;347:1067-73 pubmed..The binding of hDectin-1E and RanBPM was further confirmed in vivo by co-immunoprecipitation assay and confocal microscopic analysis. Taken together, our data provide a clue to the understanding of the function about hDectin-1E. ..
- Barbosa Lorenzi V, Peyda S, Scheynius A, Nilsson G, Lunderius Andersson C. Curdlan induces selective mast cell degranulation without concomitant release of LTC4, IL-6 or CCL2. Immunobiology. 2017;222:647-650 pubmed publisher..Since mast cells are the predominant Dectin-1 expressing cell in the human skin, this study suggests that mast cell degranulation in response to fungi is an important part of the first line of defense against these pathogens. ..
- Heyl K, Klassert T, Heinrich A, MÃ¼ller M, Klaile E, Dienemann H, et al. Dectin-1 is expressed in human lung and mediates the proinflammatory immune response to nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae. MBio. 2014;5:e01492-14 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our data suggest that the functional interaction of Dectin-1 with NTHI in human airways may have an important impact on the pathogenesis of COPD. ..
- Duan Z, Chen X, Du L, Liu C, Zeng R, Chen Q, et al. Inflammation Induced by Candida parapsilosis in THP-1 Cells and Human Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells (PBMCs). Mycopathologia. 2017;182:1015-1023 pubmed publisher..parapsilosis. Our results suggest that C. parapsilosis could stimulate the inflammatory response, increase the expression of dectin-1 and activate NF-?B and MAPKs signaling pathways in macrophages. ..
- Pires Lapa M, Tamura E, Salustiano E, Markus R. Melatonin synthesis in human colostrum mononuclear cells enhances dectin-1-mediated phagocytosis by mononuclear cells. J Pineal Res. 2013;55:240-6 pubmed publisher..Given that these cells are present in human colostrum for 4 or 5 days after birth, this mechanism may be relevant for the protection of infant health. ..
- Smith A, Graves B, Child R, Rice P, Ma Z, Lowman D, et al. Immunoregulatory Activity of the Natural Product Laminarin Varies Widely as a Result of Its Physical Properties. J Immunol. 2018;200:788-799 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that laminarin can be either a Dectin-1 antagonist or agonist, depending on the physicochemical properties, purity, and structure of the laminarin preparation employed. ..
- Zhang P, Xu X, Zhang F, Shi Y. [The changes of Dectin-1 and TLR2 in human umbilical vein endothelial cells stimulated by Aspergillus fumigatus]. Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi. 2011;34:91-4 pubmed..TLR2 was detected only on cell surface. TLR2 and Dectin-1 were expressed by endothelial cells, and may be useful in the identification of Aspergillus fumigatus. ..
- Gabrielli E, Pericolini E, Cenci E, Monari C, Magliani W, Ciociola T, et al. Antibody constant region peptides can display immunomodulatory activity through activation of the Dectin-1 signalling pathway. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43972 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that some Fc-peptides, potentially deriving from the proteolysis of immunoglobulins, may cause an unexpected immunoregulation in a way reminiscent of innate immunity molecules. ..
- Hermanz Falcón P, Arce I, Roda Navarro P, Fernández Ruiz E. Cloning of human DECTIN-1, a novel C-type lectin-like receptor gene expressed on dendritic cells. Immunogenetics. 2001;53:288-95 pubmedWe identified a new Ca2+-dependent lectin-like receptor gene, DECTIN-1 (HGMW-approved symbol CLECSF12), the human orthologue of mouse Dectin-1, coding for a putative type II transmembrane glycoprotein with an extracellular C-type lectin-..
- Roth S, Bergmann H, Jaeger M, Yeroslaviz A, Neumann K, Koenig P, et al. Vav Proteins Are Key Regulators of Card9 Signaling for Innate Antifungal Immunity. Cell Rep. 2016;17:2572-2583 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a molecular mechanism for CLR-mediated Card9 regulation that controls innate immunity to fungal infections. ..
- Grunebach F, Weck M, Reichert J, Brossart P. Molecular and functional characterization of human Dectin-1. Exp Hematol. 2002;30:1309-15 pubmed..The Dectin-1 gene is expressed during the development of DC from peripheral blood monocytes and the transfection of the splice variant 1b into HeLa cells results in the stimulation of effector functions of human T lymphocytes. ..
- Lu Y, Zhong S, Meng N, Fan Y, Tang W. NLRP3 inflammasome activation results in liver inflammation and fibrosis in mice infected with Schistosoma japonicum in a Syk-dependent manner. Sci Rep. 2017;7:8120 pubmed publisher..These data shed new light on the mechanisms of NLRP3 inflammasome activation during an infection with S. japonicum, and further characterize its role in schistosomiasis-associated liver fibrosis (SSLF). ..
- Duluc D, Joo H, Ni L, Yin W, Upchurch K, Li D, et al. Induction and activation of human Th17 by targeting antigens to dendritic cells via dectin-1. J Immunol. 2014;192:5776-88 pubmed publisher..Data from this study will help us design a new and effective vaccine strategy that can promote Th17-mediated immunity against microbial pathogens. ..
- Li J, Chen D, Yu B, He J, Zheng P, Mao X, et al. Fungi in Gastrointestinal Tracts of Human and Mice: from Community to Functions. Microb Ecol. 2018;75:821-829 pubmed publisher..This review is expected to provide new thoughts for future studies on intestinal fungi and for new therapies to fungal infections in the GIT of human and animals. ..
- Usluogulları B, Gumus I, Gunduz E, Kaygusuz I, Simavli S, Acar M, et al. The role of Human Dectin-1 Y238X Gene Polymorphism in recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis infections. Mol Biol Rep. 2014;41:6763-8 pubmed publisher..The result of this study suggests that there is no correlation between this polymorphism and RVVC. ..
- Ohtani M, Iyori M, Saeki A, Tanizume N, Into T, Hasebe A, et al. Involvement of suppressor of cytokine signalling-1-mediated degradation of MyD88-adaptor-like protein in the suppression of Toll-like receptor 2-mediated signalling by the murine C-type lectin SIGNR1-mediated signalling. Cell Microbiol. 2012;14:40-57 pubmed publisher
- Li D, Dong B, Tong Z, Wang Q, Liu W, Wang Y, et al. MBL-mediated opsonophagocytosis of Candida albicans by human neutrophils is coupled with intracellular Dectin-1-triggered ROS production. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50589 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that MBL has an ability to mediate the opsonophagocytosis of Candida albicans by human neutrophils independent of complement activation, which is coupled with intracellular Dectin-1-triggered ROS production. ..
- Antova G, Angelova Romova M, Petkova Z, Teneva O, Marcheva M, Zlatanov M. Biologically active components in Madia sativa seed oil. J Food Sci Technol. 2017;54:3044-3049 pubmed publisher..phospholipids, sterols and tocopherols) from three varieties of Madia sativa seeds introduced in Bulgaria (BGR 457 and BGR 458 with German origin, and BGR 459 with US origin) were investigated...
- de Vries H, Plantinga T, van Krieken J, Stienstra R, van Bodegraven A, Festen E, et al. Genetic association analysis of the functional c.714T>G polymorphism and mucosal expression of dectin-1 in inflammatory bowel disease. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7818 pubmed publisher..The DECTIN-1 c.714T>G polymorphism however, is not a major susceptibility factor for developing IBD. ..
- Ebner S, Sharon N, Ben Tal N. Evolutionary analysis reveals collective properties and specificity in the C-type lectin and lectin-like domain superfamily. Proteins. 2003;53:44-55 pubmed..Our analysis also detected patches of conserved residues with yet unknown function(s). ..
- Castoldi A, Andrade Oliveira V, Aguiar C, Amano M, Lee J, Miyagi M, et al. Dectin-1 Activation Exacerbates Obesity and Insulin Resistance in the Absence of MyD88. Cell Rep. 2017;19:2272-2288 pubmed publisher..This suggests that Dectin-1 may have therapeutic implications as a biomarker for metabolic dysregulation in humans. ..
- Smeekens S, Gresnigt M, Becker K, Cheng S, Netea S, Jacobs L, et al. An anti-inflammatory property of Candida albicans Î²-glucan: Induction of high levels of interleukin-1 receptor antagonist via a Dectin-1/CR3 independent mechanism. Cytokine. 2015;71:215-22 pubmed publisher..These data strongly argue for the existence of an unknown Î²-glucan receptor that specifically induces an Akt/PI3K-dependent anti-inflammatory IL-1Ra response upon recognition of C. albicans. ..