Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CLEC4M
Description: C-type lectin domain family 4 member M
Alias: CD209L, CD299, DC-SIGN2, DC-SIGNR, DCSIGNR, HP10347, L-SIGN, LSIGN, C-type lectin domain family 4 member M, CD209 antigen-like protein 1, CD299 antigen, DC-SIGN-related protein, dendritic cell-specific ICAM-3-grabbing non-integrin 2, liver/lymph node-specific ICAM-3 grabbing non-integrin, mannose binding C-type lectin DC-SIGNR
- Pohlmann S, Soilleux E, Baribaud F, Leslie G, Morris L, Trowsdale J, et al. DC-SIGNR, a DC-SIGN homologue expressed in endothelial cells, binds to human and simian immunodeficiency viruses and activates infection in trans. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:2670-5 pubmed
- Chaudhary O, Rajsekar K, Ahmed I, Verma R, Bala M, Bhasin R, et al. Polymorphic variants in DC-SIGN, DC-SIGNR and SDF-1 in high risk seronegative and HIV-1 patients in Northern Asian Indians. J Clin Virol. 2008;43:196-201 pubmed publisher..of SDF1-3'A by PCR-restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP) and repeat region polymorphisms in DC-SIGN and DC SIGNR by PCR in healthy HIV seronegative individuals, high risk STD patients seronegative for HIV, and HIV-1 ..
- Soilleux E, Barten R, Trowsdale J. DC-SIGN; a related gene, DC-SIGNR; and CD23 form a cluster on 19p13. J Immunol. 2000;165:2937-42 pubmed..The existence of a DC-SIGN-related gene calls for reinterpretation of the HIV data to consider possible DC-SIGN/DC-SIGNR hetero-oligomerization. ..
- Guo Y, Feinberg H, Conroy E, Mitchell D, Alvarez R, Blixt O, et al. Structural basis for distinct ligand-binding and targeting properties of the receptors DC-SIGN and DC-SIGNR. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2004;11:591-8 pubmed..Thus, whereas DC-SIGN has dual ligand-binding properties and functions both in adhesion and in endocytosis of pathogens, DC-SIGNR binds a restricted set of ligands and has only the properties of an adhesion receptor. ..
- Khoo U, Chan K, Chan V, Lin C. DC-SIGN and L-SIGN: the SIGNs for infection. J Mol Med (Berl). 2008;86:861-74 pubmed publisher..or CD209) and liver/lymph node-specific ICAM-3 grabbing non-integrin (L-SIGN also known as DC-SIGNR, CD209L or CLEC4M) directly recognize a wide range of micro-organisms of major impact on public health...
- Wichukchinda N, Kitamura Y, Rojanawiwat A, Nakayama E, Song H, Pathipvanich P, et al. The polymorphisms in DC-SIGNR affect susceptibility to HIV type 1 infection. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2007;23:686-92 pubmed..50 (0.27,0.90)]. These associations suggest that DC-SIGNR may affect susceptibility to HIV infection by a mechanism that is different in females and males. Further studies are warranted to investigate the mechanisms of their function. ..
- Curtis B, Scharnowske S, Watson A. Sequence and expression of a membrane-associated C-type lectin that exhibits CD4-independent binding of human immunodeficiency virus envelope glycoprotein gp120. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:8356-60 pubmed..Collectively, these data demonstrate that the gp120-binding protein is a membrane-associated mannose-binding lectin. Proteins of this type may play an important role in the CD4-independent association of HIV with cells. ..
- Mummidi S, Catano G, Lam L, Hoefle A, Telles V, Begum K, et al. Extensive repertoire of membrane-bound and soluble dendritic cell-specific ICAM-3-grabbing nonintegrin 1 (DC-SIGN1) and DC-SIGN2 isoforms. Inter-individual variation in expression of DC-SIGN transcripts. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:33196-212 pubmed..e. the immunological synapse. ..
- Snyder G, Ford J, Torabi Parizi P, Arthos J, Schuck P, Colonna M, et al. Characterization of DC-SIGN/R interaction with human immunodeficiency virus type 1 gp120 and ICAM molecules favors the receptor's role as an antigen-capturing rather than an adhesion receptor. J Virol. 2005;79:4589-98 pubmed..Our work contradicts the function of DC-SIGN as a Trojan horse to facilitate HIV-1 infection; rather, it supports the function of DC-SIGN/R (a designation referring to both DC-SIGN and DC-SIGNR) as an antigen-capturing receptor. ..
- Gattegno L, Ramdani A, Jouault T, Saffar L, Gluckman J. Lectin-carbohydrate interactions and infectivity of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1). AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 1992;8:27-37 pubmed..These findings obtained with plant lectins may be of relevance in vivo, inasmuch as endogenous mannosyl-binding proteins, which are known to function as opsonins, have been reported to inhibit in vitro infection by HIV-1. ..
- Feinberg H, Tso C, Taylor M, Drickamer K, Weis W. Segmented helical structure of the neck region of the glycan-binding receptor DC-SIGNR. J Mol Biol. 2009;394:613-20 pubmed publisher..nonintegrin; CD209) and DC-SIGNR (DC-SIGN-related receptor, also known as L-SIGN and variously designated CD209L and CD299) are projected from the membrane surface by extended neck domains containing multiple repeats of a ..
- Rathore A, Chatterjee A, Sivarama P, Yamamoto N, Dhole T. Role of homozygous DC-SIGNR 5/5 tandem repeat polymorphism in HIV-1 exposed seronegative North Indian individuals. J Clin Immunol. 2008;28:50-7 pubmed..009). A unique genotype 8/5 heterozygous was also found in HIV-1 seropositive individual, which is not reported elsewhere. ..
- Liu H, Carrington M, Wang C, Holte S, Lee J, Greene B, et al. Repeat-region polymorphisms in the gene for the dendritic cell-specific intercellular adhesion molecule-3-grabbing nonintegrin-related molecule: effects on HIV-1 susceptibility. J Infect Dis. 2006;193:698-702 pubmed..5% in high-risk HIV-1-seronegative individuals vs. 27.6% in HIV-1-seropositive individuals; P=.0291). These findings suggest that DC-SIGNR polymorphisms may influence susceptibility to HIV-1. ..
- Nattermann J, Ahlenstiel G, Berg T, Feldmann G, Nischalke H, Muller T, et al. The tandem-repeat polymorphism of the DC-SIGNR gene in HCV infection. J Viral Hepat. 2006;13:42-6 pubmed..05). Thus, the DC-SIGNR polymorphism might affect HCV loads supporting the concept that DC-SIGNR contributes to HCV replication efficacy. ..
- Xu L, Li Q, Ye H, Zhang Q, Chen H, Huang F, et al. The nine-repeat DC-SIGNR isoform is associated with increased HIV-RNA loads and HIV sexual transmission. J Clin Immunol. 2010;30:402-7 pubmed publisher..005). HIV RNA levels in patients with the 9- or 7-repeat DC SIGNR allele were significantly higher than the levels observed in patients with the 5-repeat DC SIGNR allele (p = 0...
- Feinberg H, Guo Y, Mitchell D, Drickamer K, Weis W. Extended neck regions stabilize tetramers of the receptors DC-SIGN and DC-SIGNR. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:1327-35 pubmed
- Wang H, Hu Y, Wang C, Dong X, Li L, Liu F, et al. [Analysis of DC-SIGN and DC-SIGNR genetic polymorphism in Chinese Han population]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2006;23:466-9 pubmed..DC-SIGN and DC-SIGNR genotypes and alleles distribution in Chinese Han population are significantly different from Caucasian population and with Chinese own population genetic characteristics, compared with Caucasians. ..
- Chan V, Chan K, Chen Y, Poon L, Cheung A, Zheng B, et al. Homozygous L-SIGN (CLEC4M) plays a protective role in SARS coronavirus infection. Nat Genet. 2006;38:38-46 pubmed..L-SIGN, encoded by CLEC4M (also known as CD209L), is a SARS-CoV binding receptor that has polymorphism in its extracellular neck region ..
- Liu H, Hladik F, Andrus T, Sakchalathorn P, Lentz G, Fialkow M, et al. Most DC-SIGNR transcripts at mucosal HIV transmission sites are alternatively spliced isoforms. Eur J Hum Genet. 2005;13:707-15 pubmedThe repeat region of DC-SIGNR (CD209L) is polymorphic on the genomic level, and, in a separate study, we observed a correlation between the DC-SIGNR genotype and HIV-1 susceptibility during sexual contact...
- Boily Larouche G, Zijenah L, Mbizvo M, Ward B, Roger M. DC-SIGN and DC-SIGNR genetic diversity among different ethnic populations: potential implications for pathogen recognition and disease susceptibility. Hum Immunol. 2007;68:523-30 pubmed
- Boily Larouche G, Iscache A, Zijenah L, Humphrey J, Mouland A, Ward B, et al. Functional genetic variants in DC-SIGNR are associated with mother-to-child transmission of HIV-1. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7211 pubmed publisher..the C-type lectin receptor, dendritic cell-specific ICAM-grabbing non-integrin-related (DC-SIGNR, also known as CD209L or liver/lymph node-specific ICAM-grabbing non-integrin (L-SIGN)), can interact with pathogens including HIV-1 and ..
- Bashirova A, Geijtenbeek T, van Duijnhoven G, van Vliet S, Eilering J, Martin M, et al. A dendritic cell-specific intercellular adhesion molecule 3-grabbing nonintegrin (DC-SIGN)-related protein is highly expressed on human liver sinusoidal endothelial cells and promotes HIV-1 infection. J Exp Med. 2001;193:671-8 pubmed..We propose that L-SIGN may play an important role in the interaction between liver sinusoidal endothelium and trafficking lymphocytes, as well as function in the pathogenesis of HIV-1. ..
- Falkowska E, Durso R, Gardner J, Cormier E, Arrigale R, Ogawa R, et al. L-SIGN (CD209L) isoforms differently mediate trans-infection of hepatoma cells by hepatitis C virus pseudoparticles. J Gen Virol. 2006;87:2571-6 pubmed..These findings provide a molecular mechanism whereby L-SIGN polymorphism could influence the establishment and progression of HCV infection. ..
- Dakappagari N, Maruyama T, Renshaw M, Tacken P, Figdor C, Torensma R, et al. Internalizing antibodies to the C-type lectins, L-SIGN and DC-SIGN, inhibit viral glycoprotein binding and deliver antigen to human dendritic cells for the induction of T cell responses. J Immunol. 2006;176:426-40 pubmed..We believe that the isolated Abs may be useful for selective delivery of Ags to DC-SIGN- or L-SIGN-bearing APCs for the modulation of immune responses and for blocking viral infections. ..
- Del Valle J, Engel P, Martin M. The cell surface expression of SAP-binding receptor CD229 is regulated via its interaction with clathrin-associated adaptor complex 2 (AP-2). J Biol Chem. 2003;278:17430-7 pubmed..These data suggest that CD229 cell surface expression on lymphocytes surface is strongly and differentially regulated within the CD150 family members. ..
- Gillespie L, Roosendahl P, Ng W, Brooks A, Reading P, Londrigan S. Endocytic function is critical for influenza A virus infection via DC-SIGN and L-SIGN. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19428 pubmed publisher..The C-type lectin receptors (CLRs) DC-SIGN (CD209) and L-SIGN (CD209L) enhance IAV infection however it is not known if they act as attachment factors, passing virions to other unknown ..
- Liu S, Weng H, Wu J, Zhang Z, Zeng Y, Tian H. [Relationship between intrauterine infection and the gene polymorphism of DC-SIGN/DC-SIGNR in the pregnant women of HBV positive]. Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi. 2011;25:331-3 pubmed..On the countrary, there were multiple genotypes of the gene DC-SIGNR in these women, and the genotype "7/5" of DC-SIGNR might be one of the susceptibility genes associated with intrauterine infection. ..
- Zhao L, Wang W, Ren H, Qi Z. Interaction of L-SIGN with hepatitis C virus envelope protein E2 up-regulates Raf-MEK-ERK pathway. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2013;66:589-97 pubmed publisher..Up-regulation of Raf-MEK-ERK pathway by HCV E2 via L-SIGN provides new insights into signaling cascade of L-SIGN, and might be a potential target for control and prevention of HCV infection. ..
- Ishibashi M, Morita N, Nomura Kawaguchi C, Shimizu Y, Wakita T, Esumi M. CLEC4M-positive and CD81-negative Huh7 cells are not susceptible to JFH-1 HCVcc infection but mediate transinfection. Arch Virol. 2014;159:2949-55 pubmed publisherC-type lectin domain family 4, member M (CLEC4M), a trans-membrane protein specifically expressed in liver sinusoidal endothelial cells, is considered a candidate receptor for hepatotropism of hepatitis C virus (HCV)...
- Chaudhary O, Bhasin R, Luthra K. DC-SIGN and DC-SIGNR polymorphic variants in Northern Asian Indians. Int J Immunogenet. 2008;35:475-9 pubmed publisher..Further studies are warranted in a large sample size including high-risk and seropositive HIV patients to confirm the association of DC-SIGNR polymorphisms with HIV-1 susceptibility. ..
- Sanders Y, van der Bom J, Isaacs A, Cnossen M, De Maat M, Laros van Gorkom B, et al. CLEC4M and STXBP5 gene variations contribute to von Willebrand factor level variation in von Willebrand disease. J Thromb Haemost. 2015;13:956-66 pubmed publisher..WiN) study, we studied the association between eight SNPs in STXBP5, SCARA5, ABO, VWF, STAB2, STX2, TC2N, and CLEC4M, and VWF antigen (VWF:Ag), VWF activity (VWF:Act), and bleeding phenotype as assessed with the Tosetto bleeding ..
- Probert F, Mitchell D, Dixon A. NMR evidence for oligosaccharide release from the dendritic-cell specific intercellular adhesion molecule 3-grabbing non-integrin-related (CLEC4M) carbohydrate recognition domain at low pH. FEBS J. 2014;281:3739-50 pubmed publisher..DC-SIGNR), also known as liver/lymph node-specific intercellular adhesion molecule 3-grabbing non-integrin, CLEC4M, CD209L, and CD299, is a Ca(2+) -dependent lectin that has been implicated in increasing the infection rates of ..
- Zhang H, Palma A, Zhang Y, Childs R, Liu Y, Mitchell D, et al. Generation and characterization of Î²1,2-gluco-oligosaccharide probes from Brucella abortus cyclic Î²-glucan and their recognition by C-type lectins of the immune system. Glycobiology. 2016;26:1086-1096 pubmed publisher..Exploratory studies with DC-SIGN are suggestive of the recognition also of the intact CÎ²G by this receptor. These findings open the way to unravelling mechanisms of immunomodulation mediated by Î²1,2-glucans in mammalian systems. ..
- Wang H, Wang C, Feng T, Zhou H, Li L, Wang F, et al. [DC-SIGNR polymorphisms and its association with HIV-1 infection]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2008;25:542-5 pubmed..Genotype 9/5 seems to be a risk factor for HIV-1 infection in the Chinese population. ..
- Probert F, Whittaker S, Crispin M, Mitchell D, Dixon A. Solution NMR analyses of the C-type carbohydrate recognition domain of DC-SIGNR protein reveal different binding modes for HIV-derived oligosaccharides and smaller glycan fragments. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:22745-57 pubmed publisherThe C-type lectin DC-SIGNR (dendritic cell-specific ICAM-3-grabbing non-integrin-related; also known as L-SIGN or CD299) is a promising drug target due to its ability to promote infection and/or within-host survival of several dangerous ..
- Zheng R, Jégouzo S, Joe M, Bai Y, Tran H, Shen K, et al. Insights into Interactions of Mycobacteria with the Host Innate Immune System from a Novel Array of Synthetic Mycobacterial Glycans. ACS Chem Biol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..This array, the first of its kind, represents an important new tool for probing, at a molecular level, biological roles of a broad range of mycobacterial glycans, a task that has not previously been possible...
- Caparros E, Munoz P, Sierra Filardi E, Serrano Gomez D, Puig Kröger A, Rodríguez Fernández J, et al. DC-SIGN ligation on dendritic cells results in ERK and PI3K activation and modulates cytokine production. Blood. 2006;107:3950-8 pubmed..Since pathogens stimulate Th2 responses via preferential activation of ERK1/2, these results provide a molecular explanation for the ability of DC-SIGN-interacting pathogens to preferentially evoke Th2-type immune responses. ..
- Fayssel N, Bensghir R, Ouladlahsen A, Abdelghaffar H, Sodqi M, Lahlou K, et al. Association of CD209L tandem repeats polymorphism with susceptibility to human immunodeficiency virus-1 infection, disease progression, and treatment outcomes: a Moroccan cohort study. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2015;21:513.e1-5 pubmed publisherIn order to investigate the association between length variation of the CD209L neck region and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-1 susceptibility, disease progression, and treatment response outcomes, we genotyped 139 HIV-1-seropositive ..
- da Silva R, Segat L, Crovella S. Role of DC-SIGN and L-SIGN receptors in HIV-1 vertical transmission. Hum Immunol. 2011;72:305-11 pubmed publisher..This review aims to explore the involvement of the DC-SIGN and L-SIGN receptors in HIV-1 transmission from mother to child. ..
- Johnson T, McLellan J, Graham B. Respiratory syncytial virus glycoprotein G interacts with DC-SIGN and L-SIGN to activate ERK1 and ERK2. J Virol. 2012;86:1339-47 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we asked whether RSV infection involves DC-SIGN (CD209) or its isoform L-SIGN (CD299) (DC-SIGN/R)...
- Gijzen K, Raymakers R, Broers K, Figdor C, Torensma R. Interaction of acute lymphopblastic leukemia cells with C-type lectins DC-SIGN and L-SIGN. Exp Hematol. 2008;36:860-70 pubmed publisherThe C-type lectins DC-SIGN (CD209) and L-SIGN (CD299) recognize defined carbohydrates expressed on pathogens and cells. Those lectins are expressed on dendritic cells (DC) and/or on liver-sinusoidal endothelial cells...
- da Silva R, Segat L, Zanin V, Arraes L, Crovella S. Polymorphisms in DC-SIGN and L-SIGN genes are associated with HIV-1 vertical transmission in a Northeastern Brazilian population. Hum Immunol. 2012;73:1159-65 pubmed publisher..This genetic association suggests that DC-SIGN molecule may play a role in susceptibility to HIV-1 infection through vertical transmission. ..
- Cormier E, Durso R, Tsamis F, Boussemart L, Manix C, Olson W, et al. L-SIGN (CD209L) and DC-SIGN (CD209) mediate transinfection of liver cells by hepatitis C virus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:14067-72 pubmed..Capture of circulating HCV particles by these SIGN+ cells may facilitate virus infection of proximal hepatocytes and lymphocyte subpopulations and may be essential for the establishment of persistent infection. ..
- Naderi M, Hashemi M, Soroush N, Amininia S, Taheri M. Association of DC-SIGN and DC-SIGNR Repeat Regions with Susceptibility to Pulmonary Tuberculosis in Zahedan, Southeastern Iran. Acta Med Iran. 2016;54:308-12 pubmed..All subjects in cases and controls were 7/7 genotype regarding DC-SIGN VNTR polymorphism. Our data propose that DC-SIGNR VNTR, as well as DC-SIGN VNTR, were not associated with the risk of PTB in a sample of Iranian population. ..
- Kobayashi N, Nakamura H, Goto M, Nakamura T, Nakamura K, Sugiura W, et al. Polymorphisms and haplotypes of the CD209L gene and their association with the clinical courses of HIV-positive Japanese patients. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2002;55:131-3 pubmed
- Chaudhary O, Bala M, Singh J, Hazarika A, Kumar R, Luthra K. The DC-SIGNR 7/5 genotype is associated with high dendritic cell counts and their subsets in patients infected with HIV-1. J Clin Immunol. 2013;33:788-97 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to assess the DC subsets and its association with DC-SIGNR polymorphism in injecting drug users and HIV-1 infected patients and suggests the protective role of 7/5 DC-SIGNR genotypes in HIV-1 infection. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhang Q, Zhang M, Yuan M, Wang Z, Zhang J, et al. DC - SIGNR by influencing the lncRNA HNRNPKP2 upregulates the expression of CXCR4 in gastric cancer liver metastasis. Mol Cancer. 2017;16:78 pubmed publisher..And HNRNPKP2 decreased the expression of downstream target gene CXCR4. These findings indicated potential therapeutic candidates for gastric cancer liver metastasis. ..
- Jeffers S, Hemmila E, Holmes K. Human coronavirus 229E can use CD209L (L-SIGN) to enter cells. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2006;581:265-9 pubmed
- Gramberg T, Soilleux E, Fisch T, Lalor P, Hofmann H, Wheeldon S, et al. Interactions of LSECtin and DC-SIGN/DC-SIGNR with viral ligands: Differential pH dependence, internalization and virion binding. Virology. 2008;373:189-201 pubmed..Our results reveal important differences between pathogen capture by DC-SIGN/R and LSECtin and hint towards different biological functions of these lectins. ..
- Pohlmann S, Zhang J, Baribaud F, Chen Z, Leslie G, Lin G, et al. Hepatitis C virus glycoproteins interact with DC-SIGN and DC-SIGNR. J Virol. 2003;77:4070-80 pubmed..HCV interactions with DC-SIGN and DC-SIGNR may contribute to the establishment or persistence of infection both by the capture and delivery of virus to the liver and by modulating dendritic cell function. ..
- da Silva R, Segat L, da Cruz H, Schindler H, Montenegro L, Crovella S, et al. Association of CD209 and CD209L polymorphisms with tuberculosis infection in a Northeastern Brazilian population. Mol Biol Rep. 2014;41:5449-57 pubmed publisher..and Liver/lymph node-specific intercellular adhesion molecule-grabbing non-integrin (L-SIGN), encoded by CD209 and CD209L genes respectively, are known for binding to M. tuberculosis on human dendritic cells and macrophages...
- Zhang Q, Li J, Linag Z. [Expression of DC-SIGNR in the primary trophoblast cells and its significance]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2008;24:628-30 pubmed
- Srivastava V, Manchanda M, Gupta S, Singla R, Behera D, Das G, et al. Toll-like receptor 2 and DC-SIGNR1 differentially regulate suppressors of cytokine signaling 1 in dendritic cells during Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:25532-41 pubmed publisher..tb. These results indicate that TLR2 and DC-SIGNR1 differentially regulate SOCS1 expression during M. tb infection. This in turn regulates M. tb survival by governing key cytokine expression. ..
- Ohtani M, Iyori M, Saeki A, Tanizume N, Into T, Hasebe A, et al. Involvement of suppressor of cytokine signalling-1-mediated degradation of MyD88-adaptor-like protein in the suppression of Toll-like receptor 2-mediated signalling by the murine C-type lectin SIGNR1-mediated signalling. Cell Microbiol. 2012;14:40-57 pubmed publisher
- Wang M, Wang H, Jiang X, Lu J, Zhan Y, Han H, et al. [Genetic polymorphism of dendritic cell-specific ICAM-3 grabbing nonintegrin and DC-SIGNR's exon 4 in Chinese hepatitis C patients]. Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi. 2007;15:889-92 pubmed..9/5 genotype distribution frequency of DC-SIGNR's exon 4 in patients with hepatitis C is significantly higher and may be associated with HCV infection susceptibility. ..
- Khoo U, Chan K, Chan V, Ching J, Yam L, Chu C, et al. Role of polymorphisms of the inflammatory response genes and DC-SIGNR in genetic susceptibility to SARS and other infections. Hong Kong Med J. 2008;14 Suppl 4:31-5 pubmed
- Zhao J, Zhao G, Ma Z, Wu X, Feng T, Shi X, et al. [Analysis of the tandem-repeat polymorphisms in DC-SIGNR alleles among drug users population with or without HIV/HCV infection]. Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2008;42:901-5 pubmed..The results might indicate that DC-SIGN/DC-SIGNR polymorphism might not influence the susceptibility to HCV. Genotype 5/6 might probably have a relation with HIV infection, but still need further investigation for the low frequency. ..
- Rydz N, Swystun L, Notley C, Paterson A, Riches J, Sponagle K, et al. The C-type lectin receptor CLEC4M binds, internalizes, and clears von Willebrand factor and contributes to the variation in plasma von Willebrand factor levels. Blood. 2013;121:5228-37 pubmed publisherGenetic variation in or near the C-type lectin domain family 4 member M (CLEC4M) has been associated with plasma levels of von Willebrand factor (VWF) in healthy individuals...
- Lang S, Bynoe M, Karki R, Tartell M, Means R. Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus K3 and K5 proteins down regulate both DC-SIGN and DC-SIGNR. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58056 pubmed publisher..Together, these data emphasize the molecular complexities of K3 and K5, while expanding the repertoire of targets of these two viral proteins...
- Zhu D, Kawana Tachikawa A, Iwamoto A, Kitamura Y. Influence of polymorphism in dendritic cell-specific intercellular adhesion molecule-3-grabbing nonintegrin-related (DC-SIGNR) gene on HIV-1 trans-infection. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;393:598-602 pubmed publisher..95). Thus, our results suggest that the variation of the tested DC-SIGNR genotypes affects the efficacy of trans-infection by affecting the amounts of the protein expressed on the cell surface. ..
- Engering A, van Vliet S, Hebeda K, Jackson D, Prevo R, Singh S, et al. Dynamic populations of dendritic cell-specific ICAM-3 grabbing nonintegrin-positive immature dendritic cells and liver/lymph node-specific ICAM-3 grabbing nonintegrin-positive endothelial cells in the outer zones of the paracortex of human lymph node. Am J Pathol. 2004;164:1587-95 pubmed
- Van Liempt E, Imberty A, Bank C, van Vliet S, van Kooyk Y, Geijtenbeek T, et al. Molecular basis of the differences in binding properties of the highly related C-type lectins DC-SIGN and L-SIGN to Lewis X trisaccharide and Schistosoma mansoni egg antigens. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:33161-7 pubmed
- Li H, Yu X, Wang J, Hong Z, Tang N. The VNTR polymorphism of the DC-SIGNR gene and susceptibility to HIV-1 infection: a meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42972 pubmed publisher..Similar to the 32-bp deletion in the chemokine receptor-5 gene (CCR5?32), the DC-SIGNR VNTR 5-repeat allele might have a role in resistance to HIV infection, particularly in Asian populations. ..
- Dos Santos A, Hadjivasiliou A, Ossa F, Lim N, Turgut A, Taylor M, et al. Oligomerization domains in the glycan-binding receptors DC-SIGN and DC-SIGNR: Sequence variation and stability differences. Protein Sci. 2017;26:306-316 pubmed publisher..Thus, the neck domains of DC-SIGN and DC-SIGNR can contribute to the different functions of these receptors by presenting the sugar-binding sites in different contexts. ..
- Martinez M, Bialecki M, Belouzard S, Cordo S, Candurra N, Whittaker G. Utilization of human DC-SIGN and L-SIGN for entry and infection of host cells by the New World arenavirus, Junín virus. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;441:612-617 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence that hDC- and hL-SIGN can mediate the entry of Junín virus into cells, and may play an important role in virus infection and dissemination in the host. ..
- Liu H, Zhu T. Determination of DC-SIGN and DC-SIGNR repeat region variations. Methods Mol Biol. 2005;304:471-81 pubmed..This chapter describes the methods for detection of DC-SIGN and DC-SIGNR repeat region variations by polymerase chain reaction. ..
- Na H, Liu X, Li X, Zhang X, Wang Y, Wang Z, et al. Novel roles of DC-SIGNR in colon cancer cell adhesion, migration, invasion, and liver metastasis. J Hematol Oncol. 2017;10:28 pubmed publisher..These results imply that DC-SIGNR may promote colon carcinoma hepatic metastasis and could serve as a promising therapeutic target for anticancer treatment. ..
- Jeffers S, Tusell S, Gillim Ross L, Hemmila E, Achenbach J, Babcock G, et al. CD209L (L-SIGN) is a receptor for severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:15748-53 pubmed..of the human lung cDNA inserts showed that each of the cloned cell lines contained cDNA that encoded human CD209L, a C-type lectin (also called L-SIGN). When the cDNA encoding CD209L from clone 2...
- Li H, Wang J, Wu D, Wang H, Tang N, Zhang Y. The origin and evolution of variable number tandem repeat of CLEC4M gene in the global human population. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30268 pubmed publisherb>CLEC4M is a C-type lectin gene serving as cell adhesion receptor and pathogen recognition receptor. It recognizes several pathogens of important public health concern...
- Manderstedt E, Lind HalldÃ©n C, Lethagen S, HalldÃ©n C. Genetic variation in the C-type lectin receptor CLEC4M in type 1 von Willebrand Disease patients. PLoS ONE. 2018;13:e0192024 pubmed publisher..g. VWF, ABO, STXBP5 and CLEC4M. This study aims to screen comprehensively for CLEC4M variants and investigate their association with type 1 VWD ..
- Ezzikouri S, Rebbani K, Fakhir F, Alaoui R, Nadir S, Diepolder H, et al. The allele 4 of neck region liver-lymph node-specific ICAM-3-grabbing integrin variant is associated with spontaneous clearance of hepatitis C virus and decrease of viral loads. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2014;20:O325-32 pubmed publisher..9%) and the 7/5 (18.3%). The frequencies of the alleles were as follows: 7-LSIGN (56.4%), 6-LSIGN (20.2%), 5-L-SIGN (18.3%) and 4-L-SIGN (5%)...
- de Wit E, van der Merwe L, van Helden P, Hoal E. Gene-gene interaction between tuberculosis candidate genes in a South African population. Mamm Genome. 2011;22:100-10 pubmed publisher..Methods for studying gene-gene interactions are based on a multilocus and multigene approach, consistent with the nature of complex-trait diseases, and may provide the paradigm for future genetic studies of TB. ..