Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CLDN10
Description: claudin 10
Alias: CPETRL3, HELIX, OSP-L, OSPL, claudin-10, OSP-like protein, oligodendrocyte-specific protein-like
- Breiderhoff T, Himmerkus N, Drewell H, Plain A, Gunzel D, Mutig K, et al. Deletion of claudin-10 rescues claudin-16-deficient mice from hypomagnesemia and hypercalciuria. Kidney Int. 2018;93:580-588 pubmed publisher..mutations in CLDN16 cause familial hypomagnesemia with hypercalciuria and nephrocalcinosis, while mutations in CLDN10 impair kidney function...
- Tsukita S, Furuse M, Itoh M. Multifunctional strands in tight junctions. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2001;2:285-93 pubmed..New insights into the molecular architecture of tight junctions allow us to now discuss the structure and functions of this unique cell-cell adhesion apparatus in molecular terms. ..
- Gunzel D, Stuiver M, Kausalya P, Haisch L, Krug S, Rosenthal R, et al. Claudin-10 exists in six alternatively spliced isoforms that exhibit distinct localization and function. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:1507-17 pubmed publisher..The extent of all these effects strongly depended on the endogenous claudins of the transfected cells. ..
- Ouban A, Ahmed A. Claudins in human cancer: a review. Histol Histopathol. 2010;25:83-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, it seems that attempts to identify expression claudins in cancers are becoming increasingly useful in histologic diagnosis of tumors as well as means to assess patient's prognosis. ..
- Barros Filho M, Marchi F, Pinto C, Rogatto S, Kowalski L. High Diagnostic Accuracy Based on CLDN10, HMGA2, and LAMB3 Transcripts in Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2015;100:E890-9 pubmed publisher..An algorithm combining CLDN10, HMGA2, and LAMB3 transcripts was able to discriminate tumors from BTL samples (94% sensitivity and 96% ..
- Kubota K, Furuse M, Sasaki H, Sonoda N, Fujita K, Nagafuchi A, et al. Ca(2+)-independent cell-adhesion activity of claudins, a family of integral membrane proteins localized at tight junctions. Curr Biol. 1999;9:1035-8 pubmed..Thus, claudins are responsible for TJ-specific obliteration of the intercellular space. ..
- Kammula E, Mötter J, Gorgels A, Jonas E, Hoffmann S, Willbold D. Brain transcriptome-wide screen for HIV-1 Nef protein interaction partners reveals various membrane-associated proteins. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51578 pubmed publisher..The identified hits are GPM6B, GPM6A, BAP31, TSPAN7, CYB5B, CD320/TCblR, VSIG4, PMEPA1, OCIAD1, ITGB1, CHN1, PH4, CLDN10, HSPA9, APR-3, PEBP1 and B3GNT, which are involved in diverse cellular processes like signaling, apoptosis, ..
- Gao M, Li W, Wang H, Wang G. The distinct expression patterns of claudin-10, -14, -17 and E-cadherin between adjacent non-neoplastic tissues and gastric cancer tissues. Diagn Pathol. 2013;8:205 pubmed publisher..The virtual slide(s) for this article can be found here: http://www.diagnosticpathology.diagnomx.eu/vs/1475928069111326. ..
- Merikallio H, Paakko P, Harju T, Soini Y. Claudins 10 and 18 are predominantly expressed in lung adenocarcinomas and in tumors of nonsmokers. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2011;4:667-73 pubmed..Immunohistochemical expression of claudin 18 was seen in 12.7 % and claudin 10 in 12.5 % of lung carcinomas. Their expression significantly associated with each other (p<0.001)...
- Gonzalez Mariscal L, Betanzos A, Nava P, Jaramillo B. Tight junction proteins. Prog Biophys Mol Biol. 2003;81:1-44 pubmed
- Tsukita S, Furuse M. Claudin-based barrier in simple and stratified cellular sheets. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2002;14:531-6 pubmed..Recent advances reveal that claudins - major cell adhesion molecules in tight junctions - are directly involved in this intercellular sealing, not only in simple but also in stratified cellular sheets in vertebrates. ..
- Brandner J, Kief S, Grund C, Rendl M, Houdek P, Kuhn C, et al. Organization and formation of the tight junction system in human epidermis and cultured keratinocytes. Eur J Cell Biol. 2002;81:253-63 pubmed..The pattern of formation and possible functions of epidermal TJ and related structures are discussed. ..
- Heiskala M, Peterson P, Yang Y. The roles of claudin superfamily proteins in paracellular transport. Traffic. 2001;2:93-8 pubmed
- Kniesel U, Wolburg H. Tight junctions of the blood-brain barrier. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2000;20:57-76 pubmed..4. Recent studies were able to elucidate crucial aspects of the molecular basis of tight junction regulation. An integration of new results into previous morphological work is the central intention of this review. ..
- Li J, Zhuo M, Pei L, Yu A. Conserved aromatic residue confers cation selectivity in claudin-2 and claudin-10b. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:22790-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide new insight into how ion selectivity is achieved in the paracellular pore. ..
- Zhang Z, Wang A, Sun B, Zhan Z, Chen K, Wang C. Expression of CLDN1 and CLDN10 in lung adenocarcinoma in situ and invasive lepidic predominant adenocarcinoma. J Cardiothorac Surg. 2013;8:95 pubmed publisher..Four genes (MMP-2, c-fos, claudin 1 (CLDN1) and claudin 10(CLDN10)) were correlated with the results of microarray and real time RT-PCR analyses for the gene-expression ..
- Seo H, Rengaraj D, Choi J, Ahn S, Song Y, Song G, et al. Claudin 10 is a glandular epithelial marker in the chicken model as human epithelial ovarian cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2010;20:1465-73 pubmed..Quantitative real-time PCR was performed to investigate the fold change in CLDN1, CLDN5, and CLDN10 messenger RNA (mRNA) expression levels...
- Schumann S, Buck V, Classen Linke I, Wennemuth G, GrÃ¼mmer R. Claudin-3, claudin-7, and claudin-10 show different distribution patterns during decidualization and trophoblast invasion in mouse and human. Histochem Cell Biol. 2015;144:571-85 pubmed publisher..We here localized Cldn3, Cldn7 and Cldn10 proteins in the different compartments of murine endometrium up to day 8...
- Singh K, Matkar P, Pan Y, Quan A, Gupta V, Teoh H, et al. Endothelial long non-coding RNAs regulated by oxidized LDL. Mol Cell Biochem. 2017;431:139-149 pubmed publisher..Of these differentially expressed lncRNAs, CLDN10-AS1 and CTC-459I6.1 were the most up-regulated (~87-fold) and down-regulated (~28-fold), respectively...
- Klar J, Piontek J, Milatz S, Tariq M, Jameel M, Breiderhoff T, et al. Altered paracellular cation permeability due to a rare CLDN10B variant causes anhidrosis and kidney damage. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006897 pubmed publisher..Our study adds to the spectrum of phenotypes caused by tight junction proteins and demonstrates a pivotal role for claudin-10b in maintaining paracellular Na+ permeability for sweat production and kidney function. ..
- Christian S, McDonough J, Liu Cy C, Shaikh S, Vlamakis V, Badner J, et al. An evaluation of the assembly of an approximately 15-Mb region on human chromosome 13q32-q33 linked to bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. Genomics. 2002;79:635-56 pubmed..Overall, integration of the data from multiple sources is still needed for complete assembly of the 13q32-q33 region. (c) ..
- Hadj Rabia S, Brideau G, Al Sarraj Y, Maroun R, Figueres M, Leclerc Mercier S, et al. Multiplex epithelium dysfunction due to CLDN10 mutation: the HELIX syndrome. Genet Med. 2018;20:190-201 pubmed publisher..syndrome encompassing hypohidrosis, electrolyte imbalance, lacrimal gland dysfunction, ichthyosis, and xerostomia (HELIX syndrome), and to comprehensively delineate the phenotype...