Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CKLiK
Description: calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase ID
Alias: CKLiK, CaM-K1, CaMKID, CaM kinase ID, CamKI-like protein kinase, caM kinase I delta, caM-KI delta, caMKI delta, calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase type 1D
- Meta-analysis of genome-wide association data and large-scale replication identifies additional susceptibility loci for type 2 diabetesEleftheria Zeggini
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Nat Genet 40:638-45. 2008..1 x 10(-9)), ADAMTS9 (P = 1.2 x 10(-8)) and NOTCH2 (P = 4.1 x 10(-8)) gene regions. Our results illustrate the value of large discovery and follow-up samples for gaining further insights into the inherited basis of T2D...
- Genotype score in addition to common risk factors for prediction of type 2 diabetesJames B Meigs
General Medicine Division, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
N Engl J Med 359:2208-19. 2008..We tested the hypothesis that knowledge of these loci allows better prediction of risk than knowledge of common phenotypic risk factors alone...
- Clinical risk factors, DNA variants, and the development of type 2 diabetesValeriya Lyssenko
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
N Engl J Med 359:2220-32. 2008..Type 2 diabetes mellitus is thought to develop from an interaction between environmental and genetic factors. We examined whether clinical or genetic factors or both could predict progression to diabetes in two prospective cohorts...
- Characterization of the role of CaMKI-like kinase (CKLiK) in human granulocyte functionSandra Verploegen
Molecular Immunology Lab, Department of Immunology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
Blood 106:1076-83. 2005..Recently, we identified a novel Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent kinase I-like kinase, CKLiK, which exhibits restricted mRNA expression to human granulocytes...
- RNAi screening in primary human hepatocytes of genes implicated in genome-wide association studies for roles in type 2 diabetes identifies roles for CAMK1D and CDKAL1, among others, in hepatic glucose regulationSteven Haney
Target Generation Unit, Pfizer Research Technology Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e64946. 2013....
- Contribution of common genetic variation to the risk of type 2 diabetes in the Mexican Mestizo populationMarco Alberto Gamboa-Meléndez
Unidad de Biología Molecular y Medicina Genómica, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas de la Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México e Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Médicas y Nutrición Salvador Zubirán, Mexico City, Mexico
Diabetes 61:3314-21. 2012..Lack of association for the rest of the variants may have resulted from insufficient power to detect smaller allele effects...
- Association of common type 2 diabetes risk gene variants and posttransplantation diabetes mellitus in renal allograft recipients in KoreaEun Seok Kang
Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Transplantation 88:693-8. 2009..Here, we examined the association between PTDM and 17 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) located within 15 genes in a cohort of renal allograft recipients in Korea...
- Use of multiple metabolic and genetic markers to improve the prediction of type 2 diabetes: the EPIC-Potsdam StudyMatthias B Schulze
Public Health Nutrition Unit, Technische Universitat Munchen, Freising, Germany
Diabetes Care 32:2116-9. 2009..We investigated whether metabolic biomarkers and single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) improve diabetes prediction beyond age, anthropometry, and lifestyle risk factors...
- Polygenic risk variants for type 2 diabetes susceptibility modify age at diagnosis in monogenic HNF1A diabetesHana Lango Allen
Genetics of Complex Traits, Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Exeter, Exeter, U K
Diabetes 59:266-71. 2010..We investigated the hypothesis that common polygenic variants that predispose to type 2 diabetes might account for the difference in age at diagnosis...
- Gene variants in the novel type 2 diabetes loci CDC123/CAMK1D, THADA, ADAMTS9, BCL11A, and MTNR1B affect different aspects of pancreatic beta-cell functionAnnemarie M Simonis-Bik
Diabetes Center, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Diabetes 59:293-301. 2010..In this study we used hyperglycemic clamps with three different stimuli to test associations between these novel loci and various measures of beta-cell function...
- Variant near ADAMTS9 known to associate with type 2 diabetes is related to insulin resistance in offspring of type 2 diabetes patients--EUGENE2 studyTrine Welløv Boesgaard
Steno Diabetes Center and Hagedorn Research Institute, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS ONE 4:e7236. 2009....
- Examination of all type 2 diabetes GWAS loci reveals HHEX-IDE as a locus influencing pediatric BMIJianhua Zhao
Division of Human Genetics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Diabetes 59:751-5. 2010..Our goal was to investigate if any type 2 diabetes variants uncovered through genome-wide association studies (GWAS) impact BMI in childhood...
- Investigation of type 2 diabetes risk alleles support CDKN2A/B, CDKAL1, and TCF7L2 as susceptibility genes in a Han Chinese cohortJie Wen
Department of Endocrinology, Shanghai Medical College Fudan University, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 5:e9153. 2010..In the present study, we evaluated the influence of 17 genetic variants from 15 candidate loci, identified in type 2 diabetes GWASs and the metaanalysis, in a Han Chinese cohort...
- Common variants associated with breast cancer in genome-wide association studies are modifiers of breast cancer risk in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriersXianshu Wang
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Hum Mol Genet 19:2886-97. 2010..Upon further validation, these SNPs together with other genetic and environmental factors may improve breast cancer risk assessment in these populations...
- Identification of new genetic risk variants for type 2 diabetesXiao Ou Shu
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt Epidemiology Center, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
PLoS Genet 6:e1001127. 2010..Our study provides strong evidence for a novel T2D susceptibility locus at 13q31.1 and the presence of new independent risk variants near regions (10p13 and 15q22.2) reported by previous GWAS...
- Variations in/nearby genes coding for JAZF1, TSPAN8/LGR5 and HHEX-IDE and risk of type 2 diabetes in Han ChineseDai Zhan Zhou
Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 294 Taiyuan Road, Shanghai, PR China
J Hum Genet 55:810-5. 2010..15(1.10-1.21); P=1.93 × 10(-8)). This large population-based study and meta-analysis further confirmed the modest effects of the JAZF1, TSPAN8/LGR5 and HHEX-IDE loci on type 2 diabetes in Chinese and other East Asians...
- Cdk9 T-loop phosphorylation is regulated by the calcium signaling pathwayRajesh Ramakrishnan
Department of Molecular Virology and Microbiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Cell Physiol 227:609-17. 2012....
- Genetic variants at CDC123/CAMK1D and SPRY2 are associated with susceptibility to type 2 diabetes in the Japanese populationM Imamura
Laboratory for Endocrinology and Metabolism, RIKEN Center for Genomic Medicine, 1 7 22 Suehiro cho, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 230 0045, Japan
Diabetologia 54:3071-7. 2011..The aim of the present study was to ascertain the role of these four variants in conferring susceptibility to type 2 diabetes in the Japanese population...
- Lack of significant effects of the type 2 diabetes susceptibility loci JAZF1, CDC123/CAMK1D, NOTCH2, ADAMTS9, THADA, and TSPAN8/LGR5 on diabetes and quantitative metabolic traitsD Schleinitz
Interdisciplinary Centre for Clinical Research, University of Leipzig, Leipzig 04109, Germany
Horm Metab Res 42:14-22. 2010..This is compatible with the modest effect size of these "second sweep" variants, which will require large-scale association studies on quantitative traits to clarify their role in the pathophysiology of T2D...
- Underlying genetic models of inheritance in established type 2 diabetes associationsGeorgia Salanti
Clinical and Molecular Epidemiology Unit and Clinical Trials and Evidence Based Medicine Unit, Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, School of Medicine, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
Am J Epidemiol 170:537-45. 2009..Information on the genetic model of robustly replicated association signals derived from genome-wide association studies may be useful for predictive modeling and for designing biologic and functional experiments...
- Ca(2+)/CaM-dependent kinases: from activation to functionS S Hook
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 41:471-505. 2001..Gene transcription has been chosen as the functional endpoint to illustrate the recent advances in Ca(2+)/CaM-mediated signal transduction mechanisms...
- Identification and characterization of novel components of a Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase cascade in HeLa cellsYumi Ishikawa
Department of Signal Transduction Sciences, Kagawa Medical University, 1750 1 Miki cho, Kita gun, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
FEBS Lett 550:57-63. 2003..This sustained activation of CaM-KIdelta was completely abolished by Thr180Ala mutation and inhibited by CaM-KK inhibitor, STO-609, indicating a functional CaM-KK/CaM-KIdelta cascade in HeLa cells...
- Effects of PU.1-induced mouse calcium-calmodulin-dependent kinase I-like kinase (CKLiK) on apoptosis of murine erythroleukemia cellsToshiyuki Yamada
Department of Cell Genetics, Sasaki Institute, Tokyo 101 0062, Japan
Exp Cell Res 294:39-50. 2004..Because the gene exhibited about 90% homology with the human calcium-calmodulin-dependent kinase I-like kinase (CKLiK) gene, it was identified as a mouse homologue of human CKLiK...
- Prominent expression and activity-dependent nuclear translocation of Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase Idelta in hippocampal neuronsHiroyuki Sakagami
Division of Histology, Department of Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, Tohoku University, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 22:2697-707. 2005..Our present study provides the first evidence for the possible involvement of CaMKIdelta in nuclear functions through its nuclear translocation in response to stimuli that trigger intracellular Ca2+ influx...
- Spatiotemporal expression of four isoforms of Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase I in brain and its possible roles in hippocampal dendritic growthAkifumi Kamata
Division of Histology, Department of Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Neurosci Res 57:86-97. 2007....
- Genome-wide discovery of Pax7 target genes during developmentRobert B White
School of Exercise Biomedical and Health Science, Edith Cowan University, Joondalup, Western Australia, Australia
Physiol Genomics 33:41-9. 2008..This analysis gives us greater insight into the direct functional role played by Pax7 during embryonic development...
- A cascade of Ca(2+)/calmodulin-dependent protein kinases regulates the differentiation and functional activation of murine neutrophilsPeter Gaines
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Massachusetts Lowell, Lowell, MA 01854, USA
Exp Hematol 36:832-44. 2008..we have investigated the role of two members of the calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase (CaMK) signaling cascade, CaMK I-like kinase (CKLiK) and CaMKKalpha, in regulating neutrophil differentiation and functional activation.
- Association testing of novel type 2 diabetes risk alleles in the JAZF1, CDC123/CAMK1D, TSPAN8, THADA, ADAMTS9, and NOTCH2 loci with insulin release, insulin sensitivity, and obesity in a population-based sample of 4,516 glucose-tolerant middle-aged DanesNiels Grarup
Steno Diabetes Center, Copenhagen, Denmark
Diabetes 57:2534-40. 2008....
- Novel meta-analysis-derived type 2 diabetes risk loci do not determine prediabetic phenotypesHarald Staiger
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetology, Angiology, Nephrology, and Clinical Chemistry, University Hospital Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
PLoS ONE 3:e3019. 2008..e., obesity, impaired insulin secretion, and insulin resistance...
- Risk prediction of prevalent diabetes in a Swiss population using a weighted genetic score--the CoLaus StudyX Lin
Discovery Analytics, GlaxoSmithKline, Collegeville, PA, USA
Diabetologia 52:600-8. 2009....
- Testing the association of novel meta-analysis-derived diabetes risk genes with type II diabetes and related metabolic traits in Asian Indian SikhsDharambir K Sanghera
Department of Pediatrics, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
J Hum Genet 54:162-8. 2009..on three genome-wide association (GWA) scans identified six loci (NOTCH2, THADA, ADAMTS9, JAZF1, CDC123/CAMKID and TSPAN8/LGRS) highly associated with type II diabetes (T2D) in Caucasians...
- Previously associated type 2 diabetes variants may interact with physical activity to modify the risk of impaired glucose regulation and type 2 diabetes: a study of 16,003 Swedish adultsEma C Brito
Genetic Epidemiology and Clinical Research Group, Department of Public Health and Clinical Medicine, Section for Medicine, Umea University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Diabetes 58:1411-8. 2009....
- CAMK1D amplification implicated in epithelial-mesenchymal transition in basal-like breast cancerAnna Bergamaschi
Department of Genetics, Institute for Cancer Research, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Center, Oslo, Norway
Mol Oncol 2:327-39. 2008..Our findings identify CAMK1D as a novel amplified oncogene linked to EMT in breast cancer, and as a potential therapeutic target with particular relevance to clinically unfavorable basal-like tumors...
- Replication study for the association of new meta-analysis-derived risk loci with susceptibility to type 2 diabetes in 6,244 Japanese individualsS Omori
Laboratory for Endocrinology and Metabolism, RIKEN Center for Genomic Medicine, Yokohama, Kanagawa 230 0045, Japan
Diabetologia 52:1554-60. 2009..To examine further the roles of these new loci, we performed a replication study for the association of these single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) loci with the disease in three independent Japanese populations...
- Identification and characterization of CKLiK, a novel granulocyte Ca(++)/calmodulin-dependent kinaseS Verploegen
Department of Pulmonary Diseases, University Medical Centre Utrecht, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
Blood 96:3215-23. 2000..This has been termed CaMKI-like kinase (CKLiK)...
- Study to Investigate the Pathophysiology of Type 2 Diabetes in YouthSonia Caprio; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our long term goal is to generate information on both the genetics as well as the pathophysiology of Type 2 Diabetes in Youth, which ultimately might guide us towards better preventive and treatment avenues. ..
- Cohort Study of Cancer inhibitory Factors in MenXiao Ou Shu; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Cohort Study of Cancer-Inhibitory Dietary Factors in MenXiao Ou Shu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results from this study may guide new strategies in the primary prevention of common cancers in both Western and Asian men. ..
- Breast Cancer Survival: Lifestyle and Genetic DeterminantsXiao Ou Shu; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed study, built on successfully implemented cohort studies, will be extremely timely and cost-efficient. ..
- Vanderbilt-Shanghai Chronic Disease Research Training ProgramXiao Ou Shu; Fiscal Year: 2009..This program will have significant impact on chronic disease research and prevention in China, and possibly extend to other developing countries. ..
- Breast Cancer Survival: Lifestyle and Genetic DeterminantsXiao Ou Shu; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed study, built on successfully implemented cohort studies, will be extremely timely and cost-efficient. ..
- Soyfood, gene polymorphisms and endometrial cancer riskXiao Ou Shu; Fiscal Year: 2005..Consumption level of soyfood is high and hysterectomy rates are extremely low among Chinese women, providing a unique opportunity to test the hypotheses posed in the application that are difficult to be evaluated in the U.S. population. ..
- MALIGNANT GERM CELL TUMORS IN CHILDRENXiao Shu; Fiscal Year: 2001..The relatively large sample size will provide sufficient statistical power to address the hypotheses being investigated. ..
- Cohort Study of Cancer-Inhibitory Dietary Factors in MenXiao Ou Shu; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results from this study may guide new strategies in the primary prevention of common cancers in both Western and Asian men. ..
- Soyfood, gene polymorphisms and endometrial cancer riskXiao Ou Shu; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Soy Food and Coronary Heart Disease in WomenXiao Ou Shu; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Genome-wide Association Scan to Identify Risk Genes for Type 2 Diabetes in AsianDharambir K Sanghera; Fiscal Year: 2010..Identifying the susceptibility loci in a population with high diabetic/cardiovascular risk may be important beyond Indians and will increase our understanding of the disease in other groups. ..
- Common Genetic Variation and Diabetes Traits in FraminghamJames B Meigs; Fiscal Year: 2010..Expanded knowledge of genes predisposing to type 2 diabetes and their interaction with obesity is critical to identify novel strategies for prevention and control of the worldwide diabetes epidemic. ..
- Common Genetic Variation and Diabetes Traits in FraminghamJames Meigs; Fiscal Year: 2009..Expanded knowledge of genes predisposing to type 2 diabetes and their interaction with obesity is critical to identify novel strategies for prevention and control of the worldwide diabetes epidemic. ..
- Role of Lamin B Receptor in Neutrophil Maturation and Functional ActivationPeter Gaines; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results may also offer important insight into the pathogenesis of potentially fatal hematologic disorders. ..
- Phenotype-Genotype Interactions and Type 2 DiabetesJames Meigs; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results will provide a foundation for future laboratory efforts and will increase understanding of phenotype-genotype interactions in diabetes pathogenesis. ..
- Epidemiology of Precursors to Type 2 DiabetesJames Meigs; Fiscal Year: 2007..Expanded knowledge of precursors of type 2 diabetes is critical to identify novel approaches for prevention and control of the widening diabetes epidemic. ..