Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CI-MPR
Description: insulin like growth factor 2 receptor
Alias: CD222, CI-M6PR, CIMPR, M6P-R, M6P/IGF2R, MPR 300, MPR1, MPR300, MPRI, cation-independent mannose-6-phosphate receptor, 300 kDa mannose 6-phosphate receptor, CI Man-6-P receptor, IGF-II receptor, M6P/IGF2 receptor, insulin-like growth factor II receptor
- Brown J, Esnouf R, Jones M, Linnell J, Harlos K, Hassan A, et al. Structure of a functional IGF2R fragment determined from the anomalous scattering of sulfur. EMBO J. 2002;21:1054-62 pubmed..The structure factors and coordinates of IGF2R domain 11 have been deposited in the Protein Data Bank (accession codes 1GP0 and 1GP3). ..
- Petry C, Ong K, Wingate D, Brown J, Scott C, Jones E, et al. Genetic variation in the type 2 insulin-like growth factor receptor gene and disparity in childhood height. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2005;15:363-8 pubmed..There were no detectable differences in weights at 7 years. Allelic variation in the gly1619arg SNP of the IGF2R gene is associated with disparity in childhood stature which could reflect altered binding of IGF-II to its receptor. ..
- Carroll K, Hanna J, Simon I, Krise J, Barbero P, Pfeffer S. Role of Rab9 GTPase in facilitating receptor recruitment by TIP47. Science. 2001;292:1373-6 pubmed..Thus, a cytosolic cargo selection device may be selectively recruited onto a specific organelle, and vesicle budding might be coupled to the presence of an active Rab GTPase. ..
- Chen Z, Ge Y, Landman N, Kang J. Decreased expression of the mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor-II receptor promotes growth of human breast cancer cells. BMC Cancer. 2002;2:18 pubmed..This study also demonstrates that adenoviral delivery of the ribozyme provides a useful tool for investigating the role of M6P/IGF2R in regulation of cell growth. ..
- O Gorman D, Weiss J, Hettiaratchi A, Firth S, Scott C. Insulin-like growth factor-II/mannose 6-phosphate receptor overexpression reduces growth of choriocarcinoma cells in vitro and in vivo. Endocrinology. 2002;143:4287-94 pubmed..Overall, the findings in this study are consistent with the hypothesis that the IGF-II/M6PR suppresses tumor growth. ..
- Morgan D, Edman J, Standring D, Fried V, Smith M, Roth R, et al. Insulin-like growth factor II receptor as a multifunctional binding protein. Nature. 1987;329:301-7 pubmed..The structural and biochemical features of the IGF-II receptor appear identical to those of the cation-independent mannose-6-phosphate receptor. ..
- Williams C, Rezgui D, Prince S, Zaccheo O, Foulstone E, Forbes B, et al. Structural insights into the interaction of insulin-like growth factor 2 with IGF2R domain 11. Structure. 2007;15:1065-78 pubmed..The models reveal that the molecular interaction is driven by critical hydrophobic residues on IGF2 and IGF2R, while a ring of flexible, charged residues on IGF2R may modulate binding. ..
- Brown J, Delaine C, Zaccheo O, Siebold C, Gilbert R, van Boxel G, et al. Structure and functional analysis of the IGF-II/IGF2R interaction. EMBO J. 2008;27:265-76 pubmed..Mutagenesis analyses confirm this IGF-II 'binding-hotspot', revealing that IGF-binding proteins and IGF2R have converged on the same high-affinity site. ..
- Chu C, Tzang B, Chen L, Kuo C, Cheng Y, Chen L, et al. IGF-II/mannose-6-phosphate receptor signaling induced cell hypertrophy and atrial natriuretic peptide/BNP expression via Galphaq interaction and protein kinase C-alpha/CaMKII activation in H9c2 cardiomyoblast cells. J Endocrinol. 2008;197:381-90 pubmed publisher..The suppression of IGF2R signaling pathways may be a good strategy to prevent the progression of pathological hypertrophy. ..
- Probst O, Puxbaum V, Svoboda B, Leksa V, Stockinger H, Mikula M, et al. The mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor II receptor restricts the tumourigenicity and invasiveness of squamous cell carcinoma cells. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:2559-67 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the M6P/IGF2R status influences the metastatic propensity of squamous cell carcinomas. ..
- Crump C, Xiang Y, Thomas L, Gu F, Austin C, Tooze S, et al. PACS-1 binding to adaptors is required for acidic cluster motif-mediated protein traffic. EMBO J. 2001;20:2191-201 pubmed..These studies demonstrate the requirement for PACS-1 interactions with adaptor proteins in multiple processes, including secretory granule biogenesis and HIV-1 pathogenesis. ..
- Oshima A, Nolan C, Kyle J, Grubb J, Sly W. The human cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate receptor. Cloning and sequence of the full-length cDNA and expression of functional receptor in COS cells. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:2553-62 pubmed
- Motyka B, Korbutt G, Pinkoski M, Heibein J, Caputo A, Hobman M, et al. Mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor II receptor is a death receptor for granzyme B during cytotoxic T cell-induced apoptosis. Cell. 2000;103:491-500 pubmed..These results suggest a novel target for immunotherapy and a potential mechanism used by tumors for immune evasion. ..
- De Souza A, Hankins G, Washington M, Orton T, Jirtle R. M6P/IGF2R gene is mutated in human hepatocellular carcinomas with loss of heterozygosity. Nat Genet. 1995;11:447-9 pubmed..These mutations give rise to truncated receptor protein and significant amino acid substitutions, and provide evidence that the M6P/IGF2R gene functions as a tumour suppressor in human liver carcinogenesis. ..
- De Souza A, Hankins G, Washington M, Fine R, Orton T, Jirtle R. Frequent loss of heterozygosity on 6q at the mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor II receptor locus in human hepatocellular tumors. Oncogene. 1995;10:1725-9 pubmed..These results support the hypothesis that the M6P/IGFIIr gene may function as a tumor suppressor gene in the liver. ..
- Diaz E, Pfeffer S. TIP47: a cargo selection device for mannose 6-phosphate receptor trafficking. Cell. 1998;93:433-43 pubmed..These data suggest that TIP47 binds MPR cytoplasmic domains and facilitates their collection into transport vesicles destined for the Golgi. ..
- Seaman M. Cargo-selective endosomal sorting for retrieval to the Golgi requires retromer. J Cell Biol. 2004;165:111-22 pubmed..The data presented here support the hypothesis that retromer performs a selective function in endosome-to-Golgi transport, mediating retrieval of the CI-MPR, but not furin. ..
- Puxbaum V, Nimmerfall E, Bäuerl C, Taub N, Blaas P, Wieser J, et al. M6P/IGF2R modulates the invasiveness of liver cells via its capacity to bind mannose 6-phosphate residues. J Hepatol. 2012;57:337-43 pubmed publisher..M6P/IGF2R restricts liver cell invasion by preventing the pericellular action of M6P-modified proteins. ..
- Misra S, Puertollano R, Kato Y, Bonifacino J, Hurley J. Structural basis for acidic-cluster-dileucine sorting-signal recognition by VHS domains. Nature. 2002;415:933-7 pubmed..The rigid spatial alignment of the three binding subsites leads to high specificity. ..
- Bucci C, Thomsen P, Nicoziani P, McCarthy J, van Deurs B. Rab7: a key to lysosome biogenesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:467-80 pubmed..These data demonstrate for the first time that Rab7, controlling aggregation and fusion of late endocytic structures/lysosomes, is essential for maintenance of the perinuclear lysosome compartment. ..
- Gil Krzewska A, Wood S, Murakami Y, Nguyen V, Chiang S, Cullinane A, et al. Chediak-Higashi syndrome: Lysosomal trafficking regulator domains regulate exocytosis of lytic granules but not cytokine secretion by natural killer cells. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2016;137:1165-1177 pubmed publisher..LYST functions in the regulated exocytosis but not in the constitutive secretion pathway. ..
- Deissler H, Lang G, Lang G. Fate of the Fc fusion protein aflibercept in retinal endothelial cells: competition of recycling and degradation. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2019;257:83-94 pubmed publisher..Transport inhibition of aflibercept during cultivation without FBS is likely a consequence of an attenuated exocytosis due to decreased expression of Rab11. ..
- Tanaka Y, Suzuki G, Matsuwaki T, Hosokawa M, Serrano G, Beach T, et al. Progranulin regulates lysosomal function and biogenesis through acidification of lysosomes. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:969-988 pubmed publisher..Our study provides new insights into the physiological function of PGRN and the role of PGRN insufficiency in the pathogenesis of neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Lim P, Wert S, Tunc Ozcan E, Marr R, Ferreira A, Redei E. Premature hippocampus-dependent memory decline in middle-aged females of a genetic rat model of depression. Behav Brain Res. 2018;353:242-249 pubmed publisher..The molecular mechanisms of this early memory decline likely involve the interaction of aging processes with the genetic components responsible for the depression-like behavior in this model. ..
- Cauvin C, Rosendale M, Gupta Rossi N, Rocancourt M, Larraufie P, Salomon R, et al. Rab35 GTPase Triggers Switch-like Recruitment of the Lowe Syndrome Lipid Phosphatase OCRL on Newborn Endosomes. Curr Biol. 2016;26:120-8 pubmed publisher..We propose that the precise spatial and temporal activation of Rab35 acts as aÂ major switch for OCRL recruitment on newborn endosomes, post-scission PtdIns(4,5)P2 hydrolysis, and subsequent endosomal trafficking. ..
- Frago S, Nicholls R, Strickland M, Hughes J, Williams C, Garner L, et al. Functional evolution of IGF2:IGF2R domain 11 binding generates novel structural interactions and a specific IGF2 antagonist. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E2766-75 pubmed publisher..An evolved and reengineered high-specificity M6P/IGF2R domain 11 binding site for IGF2 may improve therapeutic targeting of the frequent IGF2 gain of function observed in human cancer. ..
- Cheng I, Stram D, Burtt N, Gianniny L, Garcia R, Pooler L, et al. IGF2R missense single-nucleotide polymorphisms and breast cancer risk: the multiethnic cohort study. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009;18:1922-4 pubmed publisher..None of these missense SNPs were significantly associated with breast cancer risk. Our findings provide no evidence that missense SNPs in IGF2R influence breast cancer susceptibility ..
- Jang H, Kang K, Choi B, Chai G, Hong S, Ha W, et al. Clinical significance of loss of heterozygosity for M6P/IGF2R in patients with primary hepatocellular carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:1394-8 pubmed..9% vs 65.5%; P=0.04) and the disease-free survival rate (17.8% vs 59.3%; P=0.03). These results show M6P/IGF2R LOH predicts poor clinical outcomes in surgically resected primary HCC patients. ..
- Mauricio R, Srichai M, Axel L, Hochman J, Reynolds H. Stress Cardiac MRI in Women With Myocardial Infarction and Nonobstructive Coronary Artery Disease. Clin Cardiol. 2016;39:596-602 pubmed publisher..Abnormal myocardial perfusion reserve index (MPRI) was defined as global average ?1.84...
- Li N, Luo H, Liu X, Ma S, Lin H, Chen R, et al. Association study of polymorphisms in FOXO3, AKT1 and IGF-2R genes with human longevity in a Han Chinese population. Oncotarget. 2016;7:23-32 pubmed publisher..001, 2.3Ã—10-26) .Therefore, the search for longevity-associated genes provides the identification of new potential targets beneficial for the treatment of diabetes. ..
- Kiess W, Blickenstaff G, Sklar M, Thomas C, Nissley S, Sahagian G. Biochemical evidence that the type II insulin-like growth factor receptor is identical to the cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate receptor. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:9339-44 pubmed..Our data support the conclusion that the type II IGF receptor and the cation-independent Man-6-P receptor are the same protein and that the IGF-II and Man-6-P-binding sites are distinct. ..
- Priya A, Sugatha J, Parveen S, Lacas Gervais S, Raj P, Gilleron J, et al. Essential and selective role of SNX12 in transport of endocytic and retrograde cargo. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:2707-2721 pubmed publisher..This study therefore provides evidence for the existence of early endosomal subpopulations that have differential roles in the sorting of the cargoes along endocytic degradative pathways. ..
- Jahn S, Kashofer K, ThÃ¼ringer A, Abete L, Winter E, Eidenhammer S, et al. Mutation Profiling of Usual Ductal Hyperplasia ofÂ the Breast Reveals Activating Mutations Predominantly at Different Levels of the PI3K/AKT/mTOR Pathway. Am J Pathol. 2016;186:15-23 pubmed publisher..On the basis of evidence of activating mutations, loss of heterozygosity, and a mass forming proliferation, we propose that UDH is most appropriately viewed as an early neoplastic intraductal proliferation. ..
- Yermachenko A, Dvornyk V. UGT2B4 previously implicated in the risk of breast cancer is associated with menarche timing in Ukrainian females. Gene. 2016;590:85-9 pubmed publisher..The obtained results provide evidence that UGT2B4, which was previously associated with predisposition to breast cancer, may play a role in the onset of menarche. ..
- Yun C, Tsai J, Tsai C, Mok G, Sun J, Hung C, et al. Qualitative and semi-quantitative evaluation of myocardium perfusion with 3Â T stress cardiac MRI. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2015;15:164 pubmed publisher..ROC analysis was used to determine the MPRI threshold that maximized sensitivity...
- Rose P, Bogyo M, Moses A, Fruh K. Insulin-like growth factor II receptor-mediated intracellular retention of cathepsin B is essential for transformation of endothelial cells by Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus. J Virol. 2007;81:8050-62 pubmed..In contrast to the increased cathepsin secretion observed in most other tumors, viral inhibition of CTSB secretion via induction of an M6PR is crucial for the transformation of endothelial cells. ..
- Dass S, Holloway C, Cochlin L, Rider O, Mahmod M, Robson M, et al. No Evidence of Myocardial Oxygen Deprivation in Nonischemic Heart Failure. Circ Heart Fail. 2015;8:1088-93 pubmed publisher..Signal intensity change (SIÎ”) and myocardial perfusion reserve index (MPRI) were measured from oxygenation and perfusion images, respectively...
- Ma P, De Waal E, Weaver J, Bartolomei M, Schultz R. A DNMT3A2-HDAC2 Complex Is Essential for Genomic Imprinting and Genome Integrity in Mouse Oocytes. Cell Rep. 2015;13:1552-60 pubmed publisher..These results suggest seminal roles of HDAC1/2 in establishing maternal genomic imprints and maintaining genomic integrity in oocytes mediated in part through a SIN3A complex that interacts with DNMT3A2. ..
- Xu Y, Goodyer C, Deal C, Polychronakos C. Functional polymorphism in the parental imprinting of the human IGF2R gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;197:747-54 pubmed..This is the first direct demonstration of imprinting as a polymorphic trait, a property that had been observed in transgene methylation and predicted from the behavior of certain human tumors. ..
- Gibson C, de Ruijter Villani M, Stout T. Negative uterine asynchrony retards early equine conceptus development and upregulation of placental imprinted genes. Placenta. 2017;57:175-182 pubmed publisher..We propose that this ability to 'reset' conceptus development to uterine stage is an adaptation that explains why horse embryos are unusually tolerant of asynchrony after ET. ..
- Forbe B, McNeil K, Scott C, Surinya K, Cosgrove L, Wallace J. Contribution of residues A54 and L55 of the human insulin-like growth factor-II (IGF-II) A domain to Type 2 IGF receptor binding specificity. Growth Factors. 2001;19:163-73 pubmed..Binding to the type I IGF receptor (IGF1R) and IGF binding protein-2 (IGFBP-2) is not altered. We can, therefore, conclude that residues at positions 54 and 55 in IGF-II are important for and equally contribute to IGF2R binding. ..
- Laureys G, Barton D, Ullrich A, Francke U. Chromosomal mapping of the gene for the type II insulin-like growth factor receptor/cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate receptor in man and mouse. Genomics. 1988;3:224-9 pubmed..The CIM6PR/IGF2R locus in man is asyntenic with the genes encoding IGF-II (IGF2), the IGF-I receptor (IGF1R), and the cation-dependent mannose 6-phosphate receptor (CDM6PR). ..
- Chen A, Davis B, Sitrin M, Brasitus T, Bissonnette M. Transforming growth factor-beta 1 signaling contributes to Caco-2 cell growth inhibition induced by 1,25(OH)(2)D(3). Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2002;283:G864-74 pubmed..Also, 1,25(OH)(2)D(3) sensitized Caco-2 cells to growth inhibitory effects of TGF-beta 1, contributing to the inhibition of Caco-2 cell growth by this secosteroid. ..
- Xhabija B, Vacratsis P. Receptor-mediated Endocytosis 8 Utilizes an N-terminal Phosphoinositide-binding Motif to Regulate Endosomal Clathrin Dynamics. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:21676-89 pubmed publisher..These results further highlight the critical role for PI(3)P in the RME-8-mediated organizational control of various endosomal activities, including retrograde transport. ..
- Progida C, Malerød L, Stuffers S, Brech A, Bucci C, Stenmark H. RILP is required for the proper morphology and function of late endosomes. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:3729-37 pubmed..We propose that RILP might coordinate the biogenesis of MVEs with dynein-mediated motility. ..
- Bairey Merz C, Handberg E, Shufelt C, Mehta P, Minissian M, Wei J, et al. A randomized, placebo-controlled trial of late Na current inhibition (ranolazine) in coronary microvascular dysfunction (CMD): impact on angina and myocardial perfusion reserve. Eur Heart J. 2016;37:1504-13 pubmed publisher..coronary reactivity testing or non-invasive cardiac magnetic resonance imaging myocardial perfusion reserve index (MPRI)]. Short-term oral ranolazine 500-1000 mg twice daily for 2 weeks vs. placebo...
- Waguri S, Tomiyama Y, Ikeda H, Hida T, Sakai N, Taniike M, et al. The luminal domain participates in the endosomal trafficking of the cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate receptor. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:4090-107 pubmedAlthough the role of the cytoplasmic tail of the cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate receptor (CIMPR) has been well established in the receptor trafficking, that of the luminal domain is still controversial...
- Saeed H, Qiu W, Li C, Flyvbjerg A, Abdallah B, Kassem M. Telomerase activity promotes osteoblast differentiation by modulating IGF-signaling pathway. Biogerontology. 2015;16:733-45 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data demonstrate that impaired IGF/AKT signaling contributes to the observed decreased bone mass and bone formation exhibited by telomerase deficient osteoblastic cells. ..
- Zhu Y, Doray B, Poussu A, Lehto V, Kornfeld S. Binding of GGA2 to the lysosomal enzyme sorting motif of the mannose 6-phosphate receptor. Science. 2001;292:1716-8 pubmed..The hinge domain of GGA2 bound clathrin, suggesting that GGA2 could be a link between cargo molecules and clathrin-coated vesicle assembly. Thus, GGA2 binding to the CI-MPR is important for lysosomal enzyme targeting. ..
- Chanprasertyothin S, Jongjaroenprasert W, Ongphiphadhanakul B. The association of soluble IGF2R and IGF2R gene polymorphism with type 2 diabetes. J Diabetes Res. 2015;2015:216383 pubmed publisher..It was found that age, sex, and BMI were associated with beta cell function. In conclusion, IGF2R gene polymorphism and circulating IGF2R are associated with T2DM. ..
- Tikkanen R, Peltola M, Oinonen C, Rouvinen J, Peltonen L. Several cooperating binding sites mediate the interaction of a lysosomal enzyme with phosphotransferase. EMBO J. 1997;16:6684-93 pubmed..On the basis of the results of this and previous studies we suggest a general model for recognition of lysosomal enzymes by the phosphotransferase. ..
- van Rahden V, Brand K, Najm J, Heeren J, Pfeffer S, Braulke T, et al. The 5-phosphatase OCRL mediates retrograde transport of the mannose 6-phosphate receptor by regulating a Rac1-cofilin signalling module. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:5019-38 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that PI(4,5)P(2) dephosphorylation through OCRL regulates a Rac1-cofilin signalling cascade implicated in MPR trafficking from endosomes to the TGN. ..
- Takahashi Y, Mimori K, Yamamoto K, Watanabe M, Tanaka J, Kudo S, et al. Genomic copy number of a carcinogenic single nucleotide polymorphism at 8q24 in non-risk allele colorectal cancer associated with insulin growth factor 2 receptor expression. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2012;27 Suppl 3:95-9 pubmed publisher..SNP at 8q24 makes diabetes a risk factor of CRC via IGF2R, especially in genetically non-risk allele cases. We speculate that the risk allele of 8q24 might be risky enough that diabetes is not necessary to worsen the risk for CRC. ..
- Wei Y, Li J, Huang J, Zhang X, Zhao H, Cui C, et al. Elevation of IGF-2 receptor and the possible underlying implications in end-stage heart failure patients before and after heart transplantation. J Cell Mol Med. 2012;16:1038-46 pubmed publisher..Our preliminary studies suggest that elevation of IGF-2R may participate in pathological process of end-stage HF and involved in the acute cellular rejection after heart transplantation. ..
- Han Y, Luan B, Sun M, Guo L, Guo P, Tao J, et al. Glycosylation-independent binding to extracellular domains 11-13 of mannose-6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor-2 receptor mediates the effects of soluble CREG on the phenotypic modulation of vascular smooth muscle cells. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2011;50:723-30 pubmed publisher
- Kokkonen N, Rivinoja A, Kauppila A, Suokas M, Kellokumpu I, Kellokumpu S. Defective acidification of intracellular organelles results in aberrant secretion of cathepsin D in cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:39982-8 pubmed..e. the cation-independent mannose-6-phosphate receptor (MPR300), was aberrantly distributed in acidification-defective MCF-7 cells...
- Dong X, Javle M, Hess K, Shroff R, Abbruzzese J, Li D. Insulin-like growth factor axis gene polymorphisms and clinical outcomes in pancreatic cancer. Gastroenterology. 2010;139:464-73, 473.e1-3 pubmed publisher..This information may identify population subgroups that could benefit from IGF(1)R-targeted agents. ..
- Ishiwata T, Bergmann U, Kornmann M, Lopez M, Beger H, Korc M. Altered expression of insulin-like growth factor II receptor in human pancreatic cancer. Pancreas. 1997;15:367-73 pubmed
- Rojas R, Kametaka S, Haft C, Bonifacino J. Interchangeable but essential functions of SNX1 and SNX2 in the association of retromer with endosomes and the trafficking of mannose 6-phosphate receptors. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:1112-24 pubmed
- Tian Z, Yao G, Song H, Zhou Y, Geng J. IGF2R expression is associated with the chemotherapy response and prognosis of patients with advanced NSCLC. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2014;34:1578-88 pubmed publisher..IGF2R silencing significantly enhanced the chemo-resistance of NSCLC cell lines to cisplatin treatment. The IGF2R expression in tumor is associated with the chemotherapy response and prognosis of Patients with advanced NSCLC. ..
- O Dell S, Day I. Insulin-like growth factor II (IGF-II). Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 1998;30:767-71 pubmed..In the general adult population, the IGF2-INS gene cluster may also influence body weight, in which case IGF-II function could become a target for therapeutic intervention in obesity. ..
- Chang S, Tsai M, Huang F, Kung F. Expression of insulin-like growth factor (IGF), IGF receptor, and IGF-binding protein messenger ribonucleic acids in luteinized granulosa cells from different size follicles after controlled ovarian hyperstimulation. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2002;19:121-6 pubmed..037). The increased levels of IGFBP-5 transcripts in luteinized granulosa cells found with increased follicular fluid volume after COH may favor a shift toward diminished action of IGFs in larger follicles immediately prior to ovulation. ..
- Di Bacco A, Gill G. The secreted glycoprotein CREG inhibits cell growth dependent on the mannose-6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor II receptor. Oncogene. 2003;22:5436-45 pubmed
- Hawkes C, Kar S. The insulin-like growth factor-II/mannose-6-phosphate receptor: structure, distribution and function in the central nervous system. Brain Res Brain Res Rev. 2004;44:117-40 pubmed
- Vu T, Li T, Hoffman A. Promoter-restricted histone code, not the differentially methylated DNA regions or antisense transcripts, marks the imprinting status of IGF2R in human and mouse. Hum Mol Genet. 2004;13:2233-45 pubmed..We discuss these findings in light of recent progress in identifying specific components of the epigenetic marks in imprinted genes. ..
- Kumar M, Kaur S, Nazir A, Tripathi R. HIV-1 Nef binds with human GCC185 protein and regulates mannose 6 phosphate receptor recycling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;474:137-145 pubmed publisher..that Nef-GCC185 interaction disrupts Rab9 interaction resulting in delocalization of CI-MPR (cation independent Mannose 6 phosphate receptor) resulting in elevated secretion of hexosaminidase...
- Laube F. Mannose-6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor-II receptor in human melanoma cells: effect of ligands and antibodies on the receptor expression. Anticancer Res. 2009;29:1383-8 pubmed..Up-regulation of the tumour suppressor M6P/IGF-II receptor might represent an approach for anticancer therapy. In addition, results support recent data on the receptor's capability of signal transduction. ..
- Jeyaratnaganthan N, Højlund K, Kroustrup J, Larsen J, Bjerre M, Levin K, et al. Circulating levels of insulin-like growth factor-II/mannose-6-phosphate receptor in obesity and type 2 diabetes. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2010;20:185-91 pubmed publisher..No acute effect of insulin was seen. These findings indicate that the IGF-II/M6P-R is nutritionally regulated, independently of IGF-II. ..
- Zhou Q, Mao Y, Jiang W, Chen Y, Huang R, Zhou X, et al. Development of IGF signaling antibody arrays for the identification of hepatocellular carcinoma biomarkers. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46851 pubmed publisher..Our IGF signaling antibody array which can detect the expression of ten IGF family members with high sensitivity and specificity will undoubtedly prove a powerful tool for drug and biomarker discovery. ..
- Pfisterer K, Forster F, Paster W, Supper V, Ohradanova Repic A, Eckerstorfer P, et al. The late endosomal transporter CD222 directs the spatial distribution and activity of Lck. J Immunol. 2014;193:2718-32 pubmed publisher..b>CD222, also known as the cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor 2 receptor, is the central ..
- Yang E, Qin L, Zhao Y, Zhang K, Chow P. Genetic changes and expression of the mannose 6-phosphate/insulin-like growth factor II receptor gene in human hepatitis B virus-associated hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Mol Med. 2003;11:773-8 pubmed..In the development of HBV-associated HCC, M6P/IGF2R mutation may not be a major agent. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhang Y, Xiao L, Yu T, Li J, Rao J, et al. Cooperative Repression of Insulin-Like Growth Factor Type 2 Receptor Translation by MicroRNA 195 and RNA-Binding Protein CUGBP1. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that IGF2R expression is controlled posttranscriptionally by two factors that associate with Igf2r mRNA and suggest that miR-195 and CUGBP1 dampen IGF signaling by inhibiting IGF2R translation. ..
- Wan L, Molloy S, Thomas L, Liu G, Xiang Y, Rybak S, et al. PACS-1 defines a novel gene family of cytosolic sorting proteins required for trans-Golgi network localization. Cell. 1998;94:205-16 pubmed..Cell-free assays indicate TGN localization of furin is directed by a PACS-1-mediated retrieval step. Together, these findings explain a mechanism by which membrane proteins in mammalian cells are localized to the TGN. ..
- Zhou G, Roizman B. Cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate receptor blocks apoptosis induced by herpes simplex virus 1 mutants lacking glycoprotein D and is likely the target of antiapoptotic activity of the glycoprotein. J Virol. 2002;76:6197-204 pubmed..Instead, the data suggest that gD blocks the influx of lysosomal enzymes into the endosomal compartment by binding to CI-MPR. This conclusion is consistent with published reports that phosphorylated gD interacts with CI-MPR. ..
- Bartolac L, Lowe J, Koustas G, Grupen C, Sjoblom C. Vitrification, not cryoprotectant exposure, alters the expression of developmentally important genes in in vitro produced porcine blastocysts. Cryobiology. 2018;80:70-76 pubmed publisher..Vitrification protocols that incorporated propanediol or a closed device were found to be least disruptive of gene expression in IVP porcine blastocysts. ..
- Takatsu H, Katoh Y, Shiba Y, Nakayama K. Golgi-localizing, gamma-adaptin ear homology domain, ADP-ribosylation factor-binding (GGA) proteins interact with acidic dileucine sequences within the cytoplasmic domains of sorting receptors through their Vps27p/Hrs/STAM (VHS) domains. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:28541-5 pubmed..These results indicate that GGA proteins regulate the localization to or exit from the TGN of the sorting receptors. ..