Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CHST5
Description: carbohydrate sulfotransferase 5
Alias: I-GlcNAc-6-ST, I-GlcNAc6ST, glcNAc6ST-3, gn6st-3, hIGn6ST, carbohydrate sulfotransferase 5, GST4-alpha, N-acetylglucosamine 6-O-sulfotransferase 3, carbohydrate (N-acetylglucosamine 6-O) sulfotransferase 5, galactose/N-acetylglucosamine/N-acetylglucosamine 6-O-sulfotransferase 4-alpha, intestinal GlcNAc-6-sulfotransferase
- Bernstein H, Compans R. Sulfation of the human immunodeficiency virus envelope glycoprotein. J Virol. 1992;66:6953-9 pubmed..Sulfation is a major determinant of negative charge and could play a role in biological functions and antigenic properties of HIV glycoproteins. ..
- Kitayama K, Hayashida Y, Nishida K, Akama T. Enzymes responsible for synthesis of corneal keratan sulfate glycosaminoglycans. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:30085-96 pubmed
- Bartes A, Bhakta S, Hemmerich S. Sulfation of endothelial mucin by corneal keratan N-acetylglucosamine 6-O-sulfotransferase (GST-4beta). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;282:928-33 pubmed..While I-GlcNAc6T is expressed mostly in intestinal tissue, larger C-GlcNAc6ST transcripts are found predominantly in the brain. ..
- Seko A, Nagata K, Yonezawa S, Yamashita K. Ectopic expression of a GlcNAc 6-O-sulfotransferase, GlcNAc6ST-2, in colonic mucinous adenocarcinoma. Glycobiology. 2002;12:379-88 pubmed..From these results, it was indicated that GlcNAc6ST-2 corresponds to mucinous adenocarcinoma-specific SulT-b and that expression of GlcNAc6ST-3 is down-regulated in colonic adenocarcinomas. ..
- Lee J, Bistrup A, van Zante A, Rosen S. Activities and expression pattern of the carbohydrate sulfotransferase GlcNAc6ST-3 (I-GlcNAc6ST): functional implications. Glycobiology. 2003;13:245-54 pubmed..These latter findings argue that GlcNAc6ST-3 is not involved in generating HEV-expressed ligands for L-selectin. ..
- de Graffenried C, Bertozzi C. Golgi localization of carbohydrate sulfotransferases is a determinant of L-selectin ligand biosynthesis. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:40282-95 pubmed..We propose a model in which Golgi enzyme localization and competition orchestrate the biosynthesis of L-selectin ligands. ..
- Lee J, Bhakta S, Rosen S, Hemmerich S. Cloning and characterization of a mammalian N-acetylglucosamine-6-sulfotransferase that is highly restricted to intestinal tissue. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;263:543-9 pubmed..Based on these characteristics, the novel sulfotransferase is designated I-GlcNAc6ST for intestinal GlcNAc 6-O-sulfotransferase. ..
- Shilatifard A, Merkle R, Helland D, Welles J, Haseltine W, Cummings R. Complex-type N-linked oligosaccharides of gp120 from human immunodeficiency virus type 1 contain sulfated N-acetylglucosamine. J Virol. 1993;67:943-52 pubmed..Charge analysis of the [3H]galactose- and [3H]glucosamine-labeled glycopeptides from gp120 and gp160 indicates that approximately 14% of the complex-type N-linked oligosaccharides are sulfated. ..