Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CHRM1
Description: cholinergic receptor muscarinic 1
Alias: HM1, M1R, muscarinic acetylcholine receptor M1, acetylcholine receptor, muscarinic 1
Publications135 found, 100 shown here
- Ansari M, Siddiqui S, Agarwal S, Vikramdeo K, Mondal N, Azam A. Metronidazole hydrazone conjugates: Design, synthesis, antiamoebic and molecular docking studies. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2015;25:3545-9 pubmed publisherMetronidazole hydrazone conjugates (2-13) were synthesized and screened in vitro for antiamoebic activity against HM1: IMSS strain of Entamoeba histolytica. Six compounds were found to be better inhibitors of E...
- Dean B, Scarr E. COMT genotype is associated with differential expression of muscarinic M1 receptors in human cortex. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2016;171:784-9 pubmed publisher..and if genotype at the four COMT SNPs was related to expression of the cortical muscarinic M1 receptor (CHRM1) because the expression of the cortical CHRM1 has been reported to be lower in schizophrenia and is important in ..
- Zheng Y, Hao X, Zheng Q, Lin X, Zhang X, Zeng W, et al. Canine Influenza Virus is Mildly Restricted by Canine Tetherin Protein. Viruses. 2018;10: pubmed publisherTetherin (BST2/CD317/HM1.24) has emerged as a key host-cell ·defence molecule that acts by inhibiting the release and spread of diverse enveloped virions from infected cells...
- Ishiyama A, Lopez I, Wackym P. Molecular characterization of muscarinic receptors in the human vestibular periphery. Implications for pharmacotherapy. Am J Otol. 1997;18:648-54 pubmed..The pharmacologic implications of these data are discussed. ..
- Warren N, Piggott M, Lees A, Perry E, Burn D. Intact coupling of M1 receptors and preserved M2 and M4 receptors in the cortex in progressive supranuclear palsy: contrast with other dementias. J Chem Neuroanat. 2008;35:268-74 pubmed publisher..We conclude from this first systematic study of cortical muscarinic receptors in PSP that functioning cortical muscarinic receptors are preserved. A further, larger trial of cholinergic therapy, such as an M1 agonist, may be warranted. ..
- Fichtner S, Hose D, Engelhardt M, MeiÃŸner T, Neuber B, Krasniqi F, et al. Association of antigen-specific T-cell responses with antigen expression and immunoparalysis in multiple myeloma. Clin Cancer Res. 2015;21:1712-21 pubmed publisher..We assessed the expression of the multiple myeloma antigen HM1.24 (reported present in all malignant plasma cells) and the CTAs MAGE-A2/A3 and NY-ESO-1 (aberrantly expressed in a ..
- Pierce H, Zhang D, Magnon C, Lucas D, Christin J, Huggins M, et al. Cholinergic Signals from the CNS Regulate G-CSF-Mediated HSC Mobilization from Bone Marrow via a Glucocorticoid Signaling Relay. Cell Stem Cell. 2017;20:648-658.e4 pubmed publisher..Here we show that muscarinic receptor type-1 (Chrm1) signaling in the hypothalamus promotes G-CSF-elicited HSC mobilization via hormonal priming of the hypothalamic-..
- Marteau J, Samara A, Dedoussis G, Pfister M, Visvikis Siest S. Candidate gene microarray analysis in peripheral blood cells for studying hypertension/obesity. Per Med. 2009;6:269-291 pubmed publisher..These genes were ALOX5, APOA2, SELL, RGS2, CD14, FPR1, CAMP, DEFA3, DEFA4, CBS, CHRM1, ICAM1, NR1H2, SCNN1B and TGFB1...
- Park Y, Cho N. EGFR and PKC are involved in the activation of ERK1/2 and p90 RSK and the subsequent proliferation of SNU-407 colon cancer cells by muscarinic acetylcholine receptors. Mol Cell Biochem. 2012;370:191-8 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that EGFR and PKC are involved in mAChR-mediated activation of ERK1/2 and RSK and the subsequent proliferation of SNU-407 colon cancer cells. ..
- Damiano S, Petrozziello T, Ucci V, Amente S, Santillo M, Mondola P. Cu-Zn superoxide dismutase activates muscarinic acetylcholine M1 receptor pathway in neuroblastoma cells. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2013;52:31-7 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the results of this study demonstrated that SOD1 could activate a transductional pathway through the involvement of M1 muscarinic receptor. ..
- Klausz K, Kellner C, Derer S, Valerius T, Staudinger M, Burger R, et al. The novel multispecies Fc-specific Pseudomonas exotoxin A fusion protein Î±-Fc-ETA' enables screening of antibodies for immunotoxin development. J Immunol Methods. 2015;418:75-83 pubmed publisher..Mouse antibodies directed against CD7 and CD317/HM1.24 that previously had been used for the generation of functional recombinant immunotoxins, also showed activity in ..
- Renz B, Tanaka T, Sunagawa M, Takahashi R, Jiang Z, Macchini M, et al. Cholinergic Signaling via Muscarinic Receptors Directly and Indirectly Suppresses Pancreatic Tumorigenesis and Cancer Stemness. Cancer Discov. 2018;: pubmed publisher..These effects were mediated in part through the CHRM1, which inhibited downstream MAPK/EGFR and PI3K/AKT pathways in PDAC cells...
- Salah Uddin H, Scarr E, Pavey G, Harris K, Hagan J, Dean B, et al. Altered M(1) muscarinic acetylcholine receptor (CHRM1)-Galpha(q/11) coupling in a schizophrenia endophenotype. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2009;34:2156-66 pubmed publisher..Here we have assessed whether the receptor function of the M(1) subtype (CHRM1) is altered in a sub-population of patients with schizophrenia, defined by marked (60-80%) reductions in cortical [..
- Michal P, El Fakahany E, Dolezal V. Changes in Membrane Cholesterol Differentially Influence Preferential and Non-preferential Signaling of the M1 and M3 Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptors. Neurochem Res. 2015;40:2068-77 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, modifications in agonist-stimulated GTP-?(35)S binding in CHO-M3 membranes indicate that in this case changes in ligand-activated receptor/G-protein interaction may also play a role. ..
- Londrigan S, Tate M, Job E, Moffat J, Wakim L, Gonelli C, et al. Endogenous Murine BST-2/Tetherin Is Not a Major Restriction Factor of Influenza A Virus Infection. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0142925 pubmed publisherBST-2 (tetherin, CD317, HM1.24) restricts virus growth by tethering enveloped viruses to the cell surface. The role of BST-2 during influenza A virus infection (IAV) is controversial...
- Cardozo T, Shmelkov E, Felsovalyi K, Swetnam J, Butler T, Malaspina D, et al. Chemistry-based molecular signature underlying the atypia of clozapine. Transl Psychiatry. 2017;7:e1036 pubmed publisher..Our results implicate dopamine D4 receptors in the pineal gland and muscarinic acetylcholine M1 (CHRM1) and M3 (CHRM3) receptors in the prefrontal cortex (PFC) as significant and unique to clozapine, whereas serotonin ..
- Wang J, Bian S, Liu M, Zhang X, Wang S, Bai X, et al. Cloning, identification, and functional analysis of bone marrow stromal cell antigen-2 from sika deer (Cervus nippon). Gene. 2018;661:133-138 pubmed publisherBST-2(tetherin/CD317/HM1.24) has been identified as a cellular antiviral factor that inhibits the release of a wide range of enveloped viruses from infected cells...
- Silva F, Hummel A, Jenne D, Specks U. Discrimination and variable impact of ANCA binding to different surface epitopes on proteinase 3, the Wegener's autoantigen. J Autoimmun. 2010;35:299-308 pubmed publisher..coated with recombinant human (H) and murine (M) PR3 and 10 custom-designed chimeric human/mouse rPR3-variants (Hm1-5/Mh1-5) identifying 5 separate non-conserved PR3 surface epitopes...
- Urrunaga N, Jadeja R, Rachakonda V, Ahmad D, McLean L, Cheng K, et al. M1 muscarinic receptors modify oxidative stress response to acetaminophen-induced acute liver injury. Free Radic Biol Med. 2015;78:66-81 pubmed publisher..Age-matched wild-type (WT) and M1R-deficient (Chrm1(-/-)) male mice were injected intraperitoneally with 200mg/kg acetaminophen (APAP) and euthanized 0, 2, 4, 16, 24, ..
- Maurya M, Uprety B, Avecilla F, Tariq S, Azam A. Palladium(II) complexes of OS donor N-(di(butyl/phenyl)carbamothioyl)benzamide and their antiamoebic activity. Eur J Med Chem. 2015;98:54-60 pubmed publisher..Both the complexes and their respective ligands were screened inÂ vitro for antiamoebic activity against HM1:1MSS strain of Entamoeba histolytica by microdilution method and cell viability in response to drugs was checked by ..
- Ding S, Hu J, Yang J, Liu L, Huang W, Gu X, et al. The inactivation of JAK2/STAT3 signaling and desensitization of M1 mAChR in minimal hepatic encephalopathy (MHE) and the protection of naringin against MHE. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2014;34:1933-50 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide not only a novel pathological hallmark in MHE but also a novel target in MHE therapy. ..
- Jiang L, Kosenko A, Yu C, Huang L, Li X, Hoshi N. Activation of m1 muscarinic acetylcholine receptor induces surface transport of KCNQ channels through a CRMP-2-mediated pathway. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:4235-45 pubmed publisher..Stimulation of m1 muscarinic acetylcholine receptor (also known as CHRM1) increases neuronal excitability by suppressing the M-current generated by the Kv7/KCNQ channel family...
- Ohta K, Matsumoto Y, Ito M, Nishio M. Tetherin antagonism by V proteins is a common trait among the genus Rubulavirus. Med Microbiol Immunol. 2017;206:319-326 pubmed publisherTetherin (BST-2/CD317/HM1.24) is an anti-viral factor that restricts the budding of several enveloped viruses. Most of these viruses have evolved to encode tetherin antagonists...
- Matejčeková Z, Soltészová F, Acai P, Liptáková D, Valík L. Application of Lactobacillus plantarum in Functional Products Based on Fermented Buckwheat. J Food Sci. 2018;83:1053-1062 pubmed publisher..with lactic acid cocci of the Fresco DVS 1010 culture and the human-derived isolate Lactobacillus plantarum HM1. The effect of single and coculture fermentation was studied at 30 and 37 ± 0...
- RandÃ¡kovÃ¡ A, DolejÅ¡Ã E, Rudajev V, ZimÄÃk P, DoleÅ¾al V, El Fakahany E, et al. Classical and atypical agonists activate M1 muscarinic acetylcholine receptors through common mechanisms. Pharmacol Res. 2015;97:27-39 pubmed publisher..Our data show that both classical and atypical agonists activate hM1 receptors by the same molecular switch that involves D71 in the second transmembrane helix...
- Bagde S, Singh V. Assessments of Immunomodulatory and Inflammatory effects against Induction of Entamoeba histolytica (HM1 IMS strain) crude extract Antigen in Complete Freund's Adjuvant Induced Rheumatoid Arthritis Female Wistar Rats. Antiinflamm Antiallergy Agents Med Chem. 2015;14:113-27 pubmed..This study was to evaluate immunomodulatory effects of crude Entamoeba histolytica (HM1 IMS strain) antigen in complete freund's adjuvant female wistar rats by studying the alterations in humoral and ..
- Toledano MagaÃ±a Y, GarcÃa Ramos J, Navarro Olivarria M, Flores Alamo M, Manzanera Estrada M, Ortiz Frade L, et al. Potential amoebicidal activity of hydrazone derivatives: synthesis, characterization, electrochemical behavior, theoretical study and evaluation of the biological activity. Molecules. 2015;20:9929-48 pubmed publisher..and electrochemical analysis of each compound, amoebicidal activity was tested in vitro against the HM1:IMSS strain of Entamoeba histolytica...
- Tavano B, Galao R, Graham D, Neil S, Aquino V, Fuchs D, et al. Ig-like transcript 7, but not bone marrow stromal cell antigen 2 (also known as HM1.24, tetherin, or CD317), modulates plasmacytoid dendritic cell function in primary human blood leukocytes. J Immunol. 2013;190:2622-30 pubmed publisher..The bone marrow stromal cell Ag 2 (BST2, aka HM1.24, tetherin, or CD317) is expressed by different cell types upon exposure to IFN-I and is a natural ligand for ..
- Aceves Cano A, GaytÃ¡n Ochoa R, Ramos MartÃnez E, Erosa de la Vega G, GonzÃ¡lez Horta C, TalamÃ¡s Rohana P, et al. Morphological Findings in Trophozoites during Amoebic Abscess Development in Misoprostol-Treated BALB/c Mice. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:898467 pubmed publisher..5 Ã— 10(5) trophozoites of E. histolytica strain HM1:IMSS and treated with 10(-4)â€‰M of MPL daily until sacrifice at 2, 4, and 7 days postinfection (p.i.)...
- Zuchner T, Schliebe N, Schliebs R. Zinc uptake is mediated by M1 muscarinic acetylcholine receptors in differentiated SK-SH-SY5Y cells. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2006;24:23-7 pubmed
- Katsube T, Murayama M, Yamaguchi K, Usuda A, Shimazaki A, Asaka S, et al. Additional Surgery After Non-curative Resection of ESD for Early Gastric Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2015;35:2969-74 pubmed..7% in group A and 14.3% in group B. Risk factors were piecemeal resection, involvement of the horizontal margin (HM1) or unclear involvement of the horizontal margin (HMX) and with ulceration...
- Mohd Shah N, Wan Abdul Wahab W, Mohd Nawi S, Mohd Zain Z, Latif B, Suhaimi R. Comparison of the Anaerocult A and the oil blocking methods for the in vitro cultivation of Entamoeba histolytica. Malays J Pathol. 2015;37:271-4 pubmed..histolytica. The trophozoites of E. histolytica HM1: IMSS strains were axenically cultivated in TYI-S-33 medium in culture incubated anaerobically by using Anaerocult ..
- Solismaa A, Kampman O, SeppÃ¤lÃ¤ N, Viikki M, MÃ¤kelÃ¤ K, Mononen N, et al. Polymorphism in alpha 2A adrenergic receptor gene is associated with sialorrhea in schizophrenia patients on clozapine treatment. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2014;29:336-41 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to find out if polymorphisms in muscarinic M1 and M3 receptor genes (CHRM1 and CHRM3), adrenoceptor alpha 2A gene (ADRA2A) or clock circadian regulator gene (CLOCK) are associated with CIS...
- SÃ¡nchez GarcÃa J, Toledano MagaÃ±a Y, Flores Alamo M, MartÃnez Klimova E, Galindo Murillo R, HernÃ¡ndez Ayala L, et al. Polycyclic ferrocenyl(dihydro)thiazepine derivatives: Diastereo-selective synthesis, characterization, electrochemical behavior, theoretical and biological investigation. J Inorg Biochem. 2017;166:141-149 pubmed publisher..Compounds 4a and 4c showed similar capacity to inhibit the proliferation of HM1: IMSS trophozoite cultures than the first choice drug for human amoebiasis treatment, metronidazole...
- Weiss S, Keren Raifman T, Oz S, Ben Mocha A, Haase H, Dascal N. Modulation of distinct isoforms of L-type calcium channels by G(q)-coupled receptors in Xenopus oocytes: antagonistic effects of G?? and protein kinase C. Channels (Austin). 2012;6:426-37 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a complex antagonistic interplay between G(q)-activated PKC and G?? in regulation of L-VDCC, in which multiple cytosolic segments of ?(1C) are involved. ..
- Brann M, Ellis J, Jørgensen H, Hill Eubanks D, Jones S. Muscarinic acetylcholine receptor subtypes: localization and structure/function. Prog Brain Res. 1993;98:121-7 pubmed..The residues that contribute to ligand binding and G-protein coupling are described, as well as the implied structures of these functional domains. ..
- Tanaka S, Kuratsune H, Hidaka Y, Hakariya Y, Tatsumi K, Takano T, et al. Autoantibodies against muscarinic cholinergic receptor in chronic fatigue syndrome. Int J Mol Med. 2003;12:225-30 pubmed..radioligand assay, we examined serum autoantibodies to recombinant human muscarinic cholinergic receptor 1 (CHRM1), mu-opioid receptor (OPRM1), 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 1A (HTR1A), and dopamine receptor D2 (DRD2) in patients ..
- Falsafi S, Roßner S, Ghafari M, Groessl M, Morawski M, Gerner C, et al. Changes of several brain receptor complexes in the cerebral cortex of patients with Alzheimer disease: probable new potential pharmaceutical targets. Amino Acids. 2014;46:223-33 pubmed publisher..Thus, the receptor deficits identified may be relevant for the design of experimental therapies. Therefore, specific pharmacological modulation of these receptors is within the pharmaceutical repertoire. ..
- Nitsch R, Slack B, Wurtman R, Growdon J. Release of Alzheimer amyloid precursor derivatives stimulated by activation of muscarinic acetylcholine receptors. Science. 1992;258:304-7 pubmed..Receptor-activated APP release was blocked by staurosporine, suggesting that protein kinases mediate neurotransmitter receptor-controlled APP processing. ..
- Cheng K, Xie G, Khurana S, Heath J, Drachenberg C, Timmons J, et al. Divergent effects of muscarinic receptor subtype gene ablation on murine colon tumorigenesis reveals association of M3R and zinc finger protein 277 expression in colon neoplasia. Mol Cancer. 2014;13:77 pubmed publisher..Here we investigated the effects of Chrm1 gene ablation, alone and in combination with Chrm3 ablation...
- Russell M, Winitz S, Johnson G. Acetylcholine muscarinic m1 receptor regulation of cyclic AMP synthesis controls growth factor stimulation of Raf activity. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:2343-51 pubmed..In contrast to the m2R, stimulation of the acetylcholine muscarinic m1 receptor (m1R) does not activate the Ras/Raf/mitogen-activated protein kinase regulatory pathway in Rat 1a cells but rather ..
- Mussil B, Javed A, TÃ¶pfer K, Sauermann U, Sopper S. Increased BST2 expression during simian immunodeficiency virus infection is not a determinant of disease progression in rhesus monkeys. Retrovirology. 2015;12:92 pubmed publisherBone marrow stromal cell antigen 2 (BST2), also known as tetherin, HM1.24 or CD317 represents a type 2 integral membrane protein, which has been described to restrict the production of some enveloped viruses by inhibiting the virus ..
- Schmitt M, Hückelhoven A, Hundemer M, Schmitt A, Lipp S, Emde M, et al. Frequency of expression and generation of T-cell responses against antigens on multiple myeloma cells in patients included in the GMMG-MM5 trial. Oncotarget. 2017;8:84847-84862 pubmed publisherRaising T-cell response against antigens either expressed on normal and malignant plasma cells (e.g. HM1.24) or aberrantly on myeloma cells only (e.g...
- Svoboda P, Milligan G. Agonist-induced transfer of the alpha subunits of the guanine-nucleotide-binding regulatory proteins Gq and G11 and of muscarinic m1 acetylcholine receptors from plasma membranes to a light-vesicular membrane fraction. Eur J Biochem. 1994;224:455-62 pubmedA clone of a Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cell line expressing high levels of the human muscarinic M1 acetylcholine (Hm1) receptor undergoes a substantial agonist-specific down-regulation of both Hm1 receptors and the alpha subunits of ..
- Leeza Zaidi S, Mittal S, Rajala M, Avecilla F, Husain M, Azam A. Synthesis, characterization and antiamoebic activity of chalcones bearing N-substituted ethanamine tail. Eur J Med Chem. 2015;98:179-89 pubmed publisher..The compounds were screened against HM1: IMSS strain of Entamoeba histolytica and cytotoxicity was performed on A549 (non-small cell lung cancer cell line) ..
- Wang W, Wang J, Qu M, Li X, Zhang J, Zhang H, et al. Viral Restriction Activity of Feline BST2 Is Independent of Its N-Glycosylation and Induction of NF-ÎºB Activation. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0138190 pubmed publisherBST2 (CD317, tetherin, HM1.24) is an interferon-inducible transmembrane protein which can directly inhibit the release of enveloped virus particles from infected cells, and its anti-viral activity is reported to be related to the ..
- Venkatesan R, Shim W, Yeo E, Kim S. Lactucopicrin potentiates neuritogenesis and neurotrophic effects by regulating Ca2+/CaMKII/ATF1 signaling pathway. J Ethnopharmacol. 2017;198:174-183 pubmed publisher..the AChE activity and increased intracellular Ca2+ levels with a substantial rise in muscarinic acetylcholine receptor M1 (CHRM1) expression in N2a cells...
- Wood I, Garriga M, Palmer C, Pepitoni S, Buckley N. Neuronal expression of the rat M1 muscarinic acetylcholine receptor gene is regulated by elements in the first exon. Biochem J. 1999;340 ( Pt 2):475-83 pubmed..We show that DNA binding proteins interact in vitro with single-stranded DNA derived from these regions and suggest that topology of the DNA is important for regulation of M1 expression. ..
- Liu D, Liman E. Intracellular Ca2+ and the phospholipid PIP2 regulate the taste transduction ion channel TRPM5. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:15160-5 pubmed..TRPM5 channels are nonselective among monovalent cations and not detectably permeable to divalent cations. We propose that the regulation of TRPM5 by Ca2+ mediates sensory activation in the taste system. ..
- Gómez Ramos A, Diaz Hernandez M, Rubio A, Miras Portugal M, Avila J. Extracellular tau promotes intracellular calcium increase through M1 and M3 muscarinic receptors in neuronal cells. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;37:673-81 pubmed publisher..Therefore blocking M1 and for M3 receptors, by using specific receptor antagonists, can prevent that tau toxic effect that could take place in tauopathies. ..
- Strauss J, Hammonds J, Yi H, Ding L, Spearman P, Wright E. Three-Dimensional Structural Characterization of HIV-1 Tethered to Human Cells. J Virol. 2016;90:1507-21 pubmed publisherTetherin (BST2, CD317, or HM1.24) is a host cellular restriction factor that prevents the release of enveloped viruses by mechanically linking virions to the plasma membrane...
- Hayat F, Wahedi H, Park S, Tariq S, Azam A, Shin D. Novel aryl carbamate derivatives of metronidazole as potential antiamoebic agents. Arch Pharm Res. 2016;39:33-42 pubmed publisher..As compared to MNZ, most of the derivatives exhibited moderate to excellent activity against the HM1:IMSS strain of Entamoeba histolytica...
- Kourelis J, van der Hoorn R. Defended to the Nines: 25 Years of Resistance Gene Cloning Identifies Nine Mechanisms for R Protein Function. Plant Cell. 2018;30:285-299 pubmed publisher..The first R gene to be cloned, maize (Zea mays) Hm1, was published over 25 years ago, and since then, many different R genes have been identified and ..
- Peng J, Vaidehi N, Hall S, Goddard W. The predicted 3D structures of the human M1 muscarinic acetylcholine receptor with agonist or antagonist bound. ChemMedChem. 2006;1:878-90 pubmed..We find that Asn 382(6) forms hydrogen bonds with selected antagonists. Tyr381(6) and Ser 109(3) form hydrogen bonds with the ester moiety of acetylcholine, which binds in the gauche conformation. ..
- Ilien B, Glasser N, Clamme J, Didier P, Piemont E, Chinnappan R, et al. Pirenzepine promotes the dimerization of muscarinic M1 receptors through a three-step binding process. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:19533-43 pubmed publisher..Fast ligand binding to a peripheral receptor site initiates a sequence of conformational changes that allows the ligand to access to inner regions of the protein and drives ligand-receptor complexes toward a high affinity dimeric state. ..
- Lin H, Wan L, Tsai Y, Chen W, Tsai S, Tsai F. Muscarinic acetylcholine receptor 1 gene polymorphisms associated with high myopia. Mol Vis. 2009;15:1774-80 pubmed..the association between high myopia and polymorphisms within the muscarinic acetylcholine receptors 1 gene (CHRM1)...
- Reina S, Sterin Borda L, Passafaro D, Borda E. Muscarinic cholinoceptor activation by pilocarpine triggers apoptosis in human skin fibroblast cells. J Cell Physiol. 2010;222:640-7 pubmed publisher..These results may contribute to a better understanding of the modulatory role of the parasympathetic muscarinic system on the apoptotic human skin fibroblast process. ..
- Daval S, Kellenberger E, Bonnet D, Utard V, Galzi J, Ilien B. Exploration of the orthosteric/allosteric interface in human M1 muscarinic receptors by bitopic fluorescent ligands. Mol Pharmacol. 2013;84:71-85 pubmed publisher..Altogether, this study illustrates the importance of a "multifacet" experimental approach to unravel and validate bitopic ligand binding mechanisms...
- Miyauchi M, Kishida I, Suda A, Shiraishi Y, Hattori S, Fujibayashi M, et al. Association of the Cholinergic Muscarinic M2 Receptor with Autonomic Nervous System Activity in Patients with Schizophrenia on High-Dose Antipsychotics. Neuropsychobiology. 2016;74:60-67 pubmed publisher..Heart rate variability (HRV) was measured as an index of ANS activity. SNPs in CHRM1 (rs542269 and rs2075748), CHRM2 (rs324640, rs8191992, rs1824024, and rs7810473), and CHRM3 (rs3738435, rs4620530, ..
- Negi B, Poonan P, Ansari M, Kumar D, Aggarwal S, Singh R, et al. Synthesis, antiamoebic activity and docking studies of metronidazole-triazole-styryl hybrids. Eur J Med Chem. 2018;150:633-641 pubmed publisher..hybrids were synthesized and evaluated for their inÂ vitro antiamoebic activity against HM1: IMSS strain of Entamoeba histolytica...
- Offermanns S, Wieland T, Homann D, Sandmann J, Bombien E, Spicher K, et al. Transfected muscarinic acetylcholine receptors selectively couple to Gi-type G proteins and Gq/11. Mol Pharmacol. 1994;45:890-8 pubmed..Thus, coupling of muscarinic receptors and G protein subtypes was principally selective; however, activation of distinct G protein subtypes by different muscarinic receptors occurred with different efficacies. ..
- Courseaux A, Grosgeorge J, Gaudray P, Pannett A, Forbes S, Williamson C, et al. Definition of the minimal MEN1 candidate area based on a 5-Mb integrated map of proximal 11q13. The European Consortium on Men1, (GENEM 1; Groupe d'Etude des Néoplasies Endocriniennes Multiples de type 1). Genomics. 1996;37:354-65 pubmed..Two critical recombinants identified in two affected cases placed the MEN1 gene in an approximately 2-Mb region around PYGM, flanked by D11S1883 and D11S449. ..
- Wang H, Han H, Zhang L, Shi H, Schram G, Nattel S, et al. Expression of multiple subtypes of muscarinic receptors and cellular distribution in the human heart. Mol Pharmacol. 2001;59:1029-36 pubmed
- Rossignol T, Jones S. Regulation of a family of inwardly rectifying potassium channels (Kir2) by the m1 muscarinic receptor and the small GTPase Rho. Pflugers Arch. 2006;452:164-74 pubmed..3, implicating a role for calcium in these responses. These results indicate that all three of the Kir2 channels are similarly inhibited by m1 muscarinic receptor stimulation through calcium-dependent activation of the small GTPase Rho. ..
- Lou X, Ma J, Payne T, Beuten J, Crew K, Li M. Gene-based analysis suggests association of the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor beta1 subunit (CHRNB1) and M1 muscarinic acetylcholine receptor (CHRM1) with vulnerability for nicotine dependence. Hum Genet. 2006;120:381-9 pubmed..we selected six and five single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the muscarinic cholinergic receptor subtype M1 (CHRM1) and nicotinic cholinergic receptor beta1 (CHRNB1), respectively, to determine the association of the two genes ..
- Jiang S, Wang Y, Ma Q, Zhou A, Zhang X, Zhang Y. M1 muscarinic acetylcholine receptor interacts with BACE1 and regulates its proteosomal degradation. Neurosci Lett. 2012;515:125-30 pubmed publisher..These findings point to a novel coupling of BACE1 and M1 mAChR in AD and possibly schizophrenia. ..
- Ashkenazi A, Ramachandran J, Capon D. Acetylcholine analogue stimulates DNA synthesis in brain-derived cells via specific muscarinic receptor subtypes. Nature. 1989;340:146-50 pubmed
- Heydorn A, Søndergaard B, Ersbøll B, Holst B, Nielsen F, Haft C, et al. A library of 7TM receptor C-terminal tails. Interactions with the proposed post-endocytic sorting proteins ERM-binding phosphoprotein 50 (EBP50), N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor (NSF), sorting nexin 1 (SNX1), and G protein-coupled receptor-associat. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:54291-303 pubmed..It is concluded that the tail library provides useful information on the general importance of certain adaptor proteins, for example, in this case, ruling out EBP50 as being a broad spectrum-recycling adaptor. ..
- Schegg V, Vogel M, Didichenko S, Stadler M, Beleznay Z, Gadola S, et al. Evidence that anti-muscarinic antibodies in Sjögren's syndrome recognise both M3R and M1R. Biologicals. 2008;36:213-22 pubmed publisher..anti-MR autoantibodies in healthy donor and SS sera using MR-transfected whole-cell binding assays as well as M1R and M3R peptide ELISAs...
- Scarr E, Craig J, Cairns M, Seo M, Galati J, Beveridge N, et al. Decreased cortical muscarinic M1 receptors in schizophrenia are associated with changes in gene promoter methylation, mRNA and gene targeting microRNA. Transl Psychiatry. 2013;3:e230 pubmed publisherMany studies have shown decreased cortical muscarinic M1 receptors (CHRM1) in schizophrenia (Sz), with one study showing Sz can be separated into two populations based on a marked loss of CHRM1 (-75%) in -25% of people (Def-Sz) with the ..
- Hu S, Yin L, Mei S, Li J, Xu F, Sun H, et al. BST-2 restricts IAV release and is countered by the viral M2 protein. Biochem J. 2017;474:715-730 pubmed publisherBST-2 (tetherin, CD317, and HM1.24) is induced by interferon and restricts virus release by tethering the enveloped viruses to the cell surface. The effect of BST-2 on influenza A virus (IAV) infection has been inconclusive...
- von Der Kammer H, Mayhaus M, Albrecht C, Enderich J, Wegner M, Nitsch R. Muscarinic acetylcholine receptors activate expression of the EGR gene family of transcription factors. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:14538-44 pubmed..The data suggest that transcription of EGR-dependent target genes, including the AChE gene, can be under the control of extracellular and intracellular signals coupled to muscarinic receptors. ..
- Simonin F, Karcher P, Boeuf J, Matifas A, Kieffer B. Identification of a novel family of G protein-coupled receptor associated sorting proteins. J Neurochem. 2004;89:766-75 pubmed..Another member of the family, GASP-2, also interacts with the carboxyl-terminal tail of several GPCRs. Therefore, GASP proteins may represent an important protein family regulating GPCR physiology. ..
- Qu J, Zhou X, Xie R, Zhang L, Hu D, Li H, et al. The presence of m1 to m5 receptors in human sclera: evidence of the sclera as a potential site of action for muscarinic receptor antagonists. Curr Eye Res. 2006;31:587-97 pubmed..The aim of this study was to identify the presence of muscarinic acetylcholine receptors (mAChRs) in human sclera in order to determine whether the sclera is a potential site of action for mAChR antagonists...
- Nelson C, Perry S, Regier D, Prescott S, Topham M, Lefkowitz R. Targeting of diacylglycerol degradation to M1 muscarinic receptors by beta-arrestins. Science. 2007;315:663-6 pubmed..Thus, beta-arrestins can serve similar regulatory functions for disparate classes of 7TMRs through structurally dissimilar enzymes that degrade chemically distinct second messengers. ..
- Mishra B, Wu T, Belfer I, Hodgkinson C, Cohen L, Kiselycznyk C, et al. Do motor control genes contribute to interindividual variability in decreased movement in patients with pain?. Mol Pain. 2007;3:20 pubmed..Similar methods might be applied a larger set of genes in animal models and human laboratory and clinical studies to understand the causes and prevention of pain-related reduction in movement. ..
- Langmead C, Austin N, Branch C, Brown J, Buchanan K, Davies C, et al. Characterization of a CNS penetrant, selective M1 muscarinic receptor agonist, 77-LH-28-1. Br J Pharmacol. 2008;154:1104-15 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that 77-LH-28-1 is a potent, selective, bioavailable and brain-penetrant agonist at the M1 mAChR and therefore that it represents a better tool than AC-42, with which to study the pharmacology of the M1 mAChR. ..
- Grant M, Noetzel M, De Lorme K, Jakubik J, Dolezal V, El Fakahany E. Pharmacological evaluation of the long-term effects of xanomeline on the M(1) muscarinic acetylcholine receptor. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15722 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the long-term effects of xanomeline on the receptor are mainly due to receptor down-regulation rather than internalization. ..
- Anisuzzaman A, Uwada J, Masuoka T, Yoshiki H, Nishio M, Ikegaya Y, et al. Novel contribution of cell surface and intracellular M1-muscarinic acetylcholine receptors to synaptic plasticity in hippocampus. J Neurochem. 2013;126:360-71 pubmed publisher..Our data thus demonstrate that M1-mAChRs function at both surface and intracellular sites in telencephalon neurons including the hippocampus, suggesting a new mode of cholinergic transmission in the central nervous system. ..
- Ansari M, Hayat F, Inam A, Kathrada F, van Zyl R, Coetzee M, et al. New antiprotozoal agents: Synthesis and biological evaluation of different 4-(7-chloroquinolin-4-yl) piperazin-1-yl)pyrrolidin-2-yl)methanone derivatives. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:460-465 pubmed publisher..The compounds were screened in vitro against the HM1: IMSS strain of Entamoeba histolytica and NF54 chloroquine-sensitive strain of Plasmodium falciparum...
- Arden J, Nagata O, Shockley M, Philip M, Lameh J, Sadee W. Mutational analysis of third cytoplasmic loop domains in G-protein coupling of the HM1 muscarinic receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;188:1111-5 pubmed..We measured dose-response curves for carbachol stimulation of phosphatidyl inositol (PI) turnover with mutants of the Hm1 muscarinic cholinergic receptor having various deletions from amino acids 219 to 358 of the large third ..