Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CHRDL1
Description: chordin-like 1
Alias: CHL, NRLN1, VOPT, dA141H5.1, chordin-like protein 1, neuralin 1, neuralin-1, neurogenesin-1, ventroptin
Publications137 found, 100 shown here
- Chordin-like 1, a bone morphogenetic protein-4 antagonist, is upregulated by hypoxia in human retinal pericytes and plays a role in regulating angiogenesisRosemary Kane
School of Medicine and Medical Science, UCD Conway Institute and UCD Diabetes Research Centre, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Mol Vis 14:1138-48. 2008..This study investigated the effects of hypoxia on retinal pericyte gene expression, and demonstrates a role in angiogenesis regulation for the hypoxia driven gene, chordin-like 1 (CHL-1).
- Neuralin-1 is a novel Chordin-related molecule expressed in the mouse neural plateC Coffinier
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1662, USA
Mech Dev 100:119-22. 2001..During organogenesis, neuralin-1 presents a broad expression pattern in many tissues such as dorsal root ganglia, gut, condensing cartilages of the skeleton and developing hair follicles...
- Ventroptin: a BMP-4 antagonist expressed in a double-gradient pattern in the retinaH Sakuta
Division of Molecular Neurobiology, National Institute for Basic Biology, The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, 38 Nishigonaka, Myodaiji cho, Okazaki 444 8585, Japan
Science 293:111-5. 2001..We identified chick Ventroptin, an antagonist of bone morphogenetic protein 4 (BMP-4), which is mainly expressed in the ventral retina, not ..
- Localization and orientation of subunit delta of spinach chloroplast ATP-synthase within the CF0 CF1 complex. 2. Identification of C-terminal residues of delta, exposed on the thylakoid membraneR J Berzborn
, , , Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Naturforsch C 44:480-6. 1989..Since trypsin destroys this epitope only after prolonged incubation and with at least 50 micrograms trypsin/mg Chl, residue Lys169 of delta probably is inaccessible in situ...
- Bioaccumulation of PCBs and chlorinated pesticides in seals, fishes and invertebrates from the White Sea, RussiaDerek Muir
National Water Research Institute, Environment Canada, Burlington, ON, Canada L7R 4A6
Sci Total Environ 306:111-31. 2003..including polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB) congeners, Dichlorophenyltrichloroethane (DDT)- and chlordane (CHL) related compounds, hexachlorocyclohexanes (HCH) isomers and chlorobenzenes (CBz) were determined in blubber of ..
- Humoral factors released during trauma of Aplysia body wall. I. Body wall contraction, cardiac modulation, and central reflex suppressionJ K Krontiris Litowitz
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, University of Texas Medical School, Houston 77225
J Comp Physiol B 159:211-23. 1989..hemolymphh, SHL) caused long-lasting contractions which were larger than those produced by control hemolymph (CHL) collected prior to stimulation of the donor. 6...
- The action of oxygen on chlorophyll fluorescence quenching and absorption spectra in pea thylakoid membranes under the steady-state conditionsMaciej Garstka
Department of Metabolic Regulation, Institute of Biochemistry, Faculty of Biology, Warsaw University, Miecznikowa 1, PL 02 096 Warszawa, Poland
J Photochem Photobiol B 77:79-92. 2004..Simultaneously, an increase in oxygen concentration resulted in a decline in the Chl fluorescence at 680 nm to about 60% of the initial value...
- Ultrafast transient absorption studies on photosystem I reaction centers from Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. 2: mutations near the P700 reaction center chlorophylls provide new insight into the nature of the primary electron donorAlfred R Holzwarth
Max Planck Institut fur Bioanorganische Chemie, D 45470 Mulheim an der Ruhr, Germany
Biophys J 90:552-65. 2006..is slowed down by a factor of approximately 2 in the mutant B-H656C, which lacks the ligand to the central metal of Chl PB...
- Quantitative analysis of the effects of intrathylakoid pH and xanthophyll cycle pigments on chlorophyll a fluorescence lifetime distributions and intensity in thylakoidsA M Gilmore
Photobioenergetics Group, Australian National University Research School of Biological Sciences, Canberra, ACT
Biochemistry 37:13582-93. 1998..we studied the influence of the intrathylakoid pH and the xanthophyll cycle carotenoids on the PSII chlorophyll (Chl) a fluorescence yield in thylakoids of Arabidopsis, spinach, and barley...
- Effects of enhanced UV-B on pigment-based phytoplankton biomass and composition of mesocosm-enclosed natural marine communities from three latitudesSuzanne Roy
Institut des Sciences de la Mer ISMER, Universite du Quebec a Rimouski, Canada
Photochem Photobiol 82:909-22. 2006..with time as the repeated factor, showed slight but statistically significant increases in the chlorophyll (Chl) a level with the HUVB treatment, which were especially obvious over the last 3 days of the experiment...
- Anacystis mutants with different tolerances to DCMU-type herbicides show differences in architecture and dynamics of the photosynthetic apparatus, depending on site and mode of the amino acid exchanges in the D 1 proteinF Koenig
, Frankfurt am Main, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Naturforsch C 45:446-51. 1990..Not only the molar ratio of phycocyanin (PC) to chlorophyll (Chl) is higher in all mutants compared to the respective wild type, but also the rate of synthesis of the D 1 protein...
- Polymorph farming of acetaminophen and sulfathiazole on a chipTu Lee
Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, National Central University, 300 Jhong Da Rd, Jhong Li 320, Taiwan, Republic of China
Pharm Res 23:2542-55. 2006....
- Antagonistic actions of boron against inhibitory effects of aluminum toxicity on growth, CO2 assimilation, ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase, and photosynthetic electron transport probed by the JIP-test, of Citrus grandis seedlingsHuan Xin Jiang
Institute of Horticultural Plant Physiology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University, Fuzhou 350002, PR China
BMC Plant Biol 9:102. 2009..6H2O). The objectives of this study were to determine how B alleviates Al-induced growth inhibition and to test the hypothesis that Al-induced photosynthesis inhibition can be alleviated by B via preventing Al from getting into shoots...
- The effect of type of delivery and povidone-iodine application at delivery on cord dried-blood-specimen thyrotropin level and the rate of hyperthyrotropinemia in mature and normal-birth-weight neonates residing in an iodine-replete area: report of Tehran Arash Ordookhani
Endocrine Research Center, Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Thyroid 17:1097-102. 2007..To evaluate the effects of delivery type and of povidone-iodine disinfection at delivery on cord dried-blood-specimen (DBS) thyrotropin (TSH) concentrations...
- Effect of chlorophyllin-chitosan on excretion of dioxins in a healthy manKimiyoshi Kitamura
National Institute for Environmental Studies, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8506, Japan
Environ Sci Technol 39:1084-91. 2005We investigated the usefulness of chitosan and chlorophyllin-chitosan (chl-chitosan) administration for reduction of the body burden of environmental dioxins, including polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins/dibenzofurans (PCDDs/ Fs) and ..
- Interaction of exogenous quinones with membranes of higher plant chloroplasts: modulation of quinone capacities as photochemical and non-photochemical quenchers of energy in Photosystem II during light-dark transitionsNikolai G Bukhov
Departement de Chimie Biologie, Groupe de Recherche en Energie et Information Biomoléculaires, Universite du Quebec a Trois Rivieres, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1604:115-23. 2003..DBMIB), 2,6-dichloro-p-benzoquinone (DCBQ), and tetramethyl-p-benzoquinone (duroquinone), to quench chlorophyll (Chl) fluorescence photochemically or non-photochemically was studied to simulate the functions of endogenous ..
- Chlorogenic acid analogue S 3483: a potent competitive inhibitor of the hepatic and renal glucose-6-phosphatase systemsW J Arion
Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, 14853, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 351:279-85. 1998S 3483, a synthetic derivative of chlorogenic acid (CHL), was found to be a reversible, linear competitive inhibitor of the glucose-6-phosphatase (Glc-6-Pase) system in rat renal microsomes and rat and human liver microsomes...
- Winter photosynthetic activity of twenty temperate semi-desert sand grassland speciesZoltan Tuba
Faculty of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences, Institute of Botany and Ecophysiology, Szent Istvan University, Godollo, Godollo, Hungary
J Plant Physiol 165:1438-54. 2008The winter photosynthetic activity (quantified by net CO(2) assimilation rates and chlorophyll (Chl) a fluorescence parameters) of 20 plant species (including two lichens and two mosses) of a Hungarian temperate semi-desert sand ..
- Conductive hearing loss caused by third-window lesions of the inner earSaumil N Merchant
Department of Otolaryngology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Division of Health Sciences and Technology, Harvard University Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Otol Neurotol 29:282-9. 2008Various authors have described conductive hearing loss (CHL), defined as an air-bone gap on audiometry, in patients without obvious middle ear pathologic findings...
- A novel insight into the regulation of light-independent chlorophyll biosynthesis in Larix decidua and Picea abies seedlingsViktor Demko
Department of Plant Physiology, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Comenius University, Mlynska dolina, 84215 Bratislava, Slovakia
Planta 230:165-76. 2009Light-independent chlorophyll (Chl) biosynthesis is a prerequisite for the assembly of photosynthetic pigment-protein complexes in the dark. Dark-grown Larix decidua Mill...
- Whole cell and single channel analysis of the kinetics of glycine-sensitive N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor desensitizationC G Parsons
Department of Neurophysiology, Max Planck Institute for Psychiatry, Planegg Martinsried, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 109:213-21. 1993..8. The glycineB antagonist 7-chlorokynurenic acid (7-Chl-Kyn 3 and 10 microM) concentration-dependently induced an identical form of desensitization in the presence of 1 ..
- Video pneumatic otoscopy for the diagnosis of conductive hearing loss with normal tympanic membranesJae Kwon Lee
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 144:67-72. 2011To evaluate the usefulness of video pneumatic otoscopy (VPO) for the diagnosis of conductive hearing loss (CHL) with normal tympanic membranes (TM).
- A case of nodular sclerosis Hodgkin's lymphoma repeatedly relapsing in the context of composite plasma cell-hyaline vascular Castleman's disease: successful response to rituximab and radiotherapyLorenzo Falchi
Section of Internal Medicine and Oncologic Sciences, Policlinico Monteluce, Perugia, Italy
Eur J Haematol 79:455-61. 2007..immunodeficiency virus-serum negative patient suffering from repeatedly relapsing classical Hodgkin's Lymphoma (cHL) associated with a histological picture of plasma cell-hyaline vascular (PC-HV) form of Castleman's disease (CD)...
- Spatial and temporal patterns of periphyton chlorophyll a related to pulp and paper mill discharges in four US receiving streamsCamille A Flinders
National Council for Air and Stream Improvement, Anacortes, Washington 982217, USA
Integr Environ Assess Manag 5:259-69. 2009Nutrients in pulp and paper mill effluent (PPME) have been implicated in increased periphyton chlorophyll a (chl a) downstream of discharges...
- Chlorophyllin protects cells from the cytostatic and cytotoxic effects of quinacrine mustard but not of nitrogen mustardB Ardelt
Brander Cancer Research Institute at New York Medical College, 19 Bradhurst Avenue, Suite 2400, Hawthorne, NY 10532, USA
Int J Oncol 18:849-53. 2001Chlorophyllin (CHL), the sodium and copper salt of chlorophyll, is capable of inhibiting the mutagenic activity of many chemical compounds...
- The rapid yellowing of spruce at a mountain site in the Central Black Forest (Germany). Combined effects of Mg deficiency and ozone on biochemical, physiological and structural properties of the chloroplastsDorothea Siefermann-Harms
Universitat Karlsruhe TH, Botanisches Institut I, Kaiserstr 12, D 76128 Karlsruhe, Germany
J Plant Physiol 161:423-37. 2004..s.l.). While at an early stage of yellowing the chlorophyll (Chl) content of the needles decreased slowly, significant changes occurred in the chloroplasts: The lability of the ..
- Mg-chelatase of tobacco: identification of a Chl D cDNA sequence encoding a third subunit, analysis of the interaction of the three subunits with the yeast two-hybrid system, and reconstitution of the enzyme activity by co-expression of recombinant CHL D,J Papenbrock
Institut fur Pflanzengenetik und Kulturpflanzenforschung, Abt für Molekulare Zellbiologie, Gatersleben, Germany
Plant J 12:981-90. 1997..The CHL D polypeptide deduced from the open reading frame encodes a protein of 758 aa (82...
- Conductive hearing loss results in changes in cytochrome oxidase activity in gerbil central auditory systemDebara Tucci
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Assoc Res Otolaryngol 3:89-106. 2002Conductive hearing loss (CHL) restricts auditory input to an intact peripheral auditory system...
- Outcomes and patient-based hearing status in conductive hearing lossM G Stewart
Bobby R Alford Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Communication Sciences, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Laryngoscope 111:1-21. 2001To study hearing status and quality of life outcomes in patients with conductive hearing loss (CHL), and to develop a prognostic disease severity staging system for use in future clinical outcomes studies in CHL.
- Differences in pigment composition, photosynthetic rates and chlorophyll fluorescence images of sun and shade leaves of four tree speciesHartmut K Lichtenthaler
Botanical Institute Molecular Biology and Biochemistry of Plants, University of Karlsruhe, Kaiserstrasse 12, D 76133 Karlsruhe, Germany
Plant Physiol Biochem 45:577-88. 2007..was comparatively determined by studying the photosynthetic rates via CO(2) measurements and also by imaging the Chl fluorescence decrease ratio (R(Fd)), which is an in vivo indicator of the net CO(2) assimilation rates...
- Selective indices on non-specific cell-mediated immunity in rabbits immunized with Chlamydophila psittaciMałgorzata Pawlikowska
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Natural Sciences, University of Szczecin, Felczaka 3c, 71 412 Szczecin, Poland
Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz) 53:534-9. 2005Studies of non-specific immunity in infection or immunization with Chlamydophila (Chl.) Psittaci in static experimental models showed changes in parameters of this immunity...
- A novel role of water-soluble chlorophyll proteins in the transitory storage of chorophyllideChristiane Reinbothe
Lehrstuhl fur Pflanzenphysiologie, Universitat Bayreuth, D 95447 Bayreuth, Germany
Plant Physiol 134:1355-65. 2004All chlorophyll (Chl)-binding proteins involved in photosynthesis of higher plants are hydrophobic membrane proteins integrated into the thylakoids...
- Assessment of chlorophyll-a as a criterion for establishing nutrient standards in the streams and rivers of IllinoisTodd V Royer
School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana Univ, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
J Environ Qual 37:437-47. 2008..Algal biomass, measured as chlorophyll-a (chl-a), is a commonly proposed criterion, yet nutrient-chl-a relationships have not been well documented in Illinois at ..
- Action of atorvastatin in combined hyperlipidemia : preferential reduction of cholesteryl ester transfer from HDL to VLDL1 particlesM Guerin
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM Unité 321, Lipoproteines et Atherogenese, Hopital de la Pitie, Paris, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 20:189-97. 2000Combined hyperlipidemia (CHL) is characterized by a concomitant elevation of plasma levels of triglyceride-rich, very low density lipoproteins (VLDLs) and cholesterol-rich, low density lipoproteins (LDLs)...
- Effect of probucol on serum lipoprotein and apoprotein profiles in renal transplant patientsM Okubo
Department of Medicine, Sano Kohsei Hospital, Tochigi, Japan
Am J Kidney Dis 31:356-9. 1998..Twelve posttransplantation patients aged 34.2+/-2.5 years with serum total cholesterol (t-CHL) of 250 mg/dL or greater, whose serum creatinine was 2...
- Mutation of the putative hydrogen-bond donor to P700 of photosystem IYajing Li
Department Chemistry, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35487 0336, USA
Biochemistry 43:12634-47. 2004The primary electron donor of photosystem I (PS1), called P(700), is a heterodimer of chlorophyll (Chl) a and a'...
- Prochlorococcus, a marine photosynthetic prokaryote of global significanceF Partensky
Station Biologique, CNRS, INSU et Université Pierre et Marie Curie, F 29680 Roscoff
Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 63:106-27. 1999..It also possesses a remarkable pigment complement which includes divinyl derivatives of chlorophyll a (Chl a) and Chl b, the so-called Chl a2 and Chl b2, and, in some strains, small amounts of a new type of phycoerythrin...
- [Photosynthesis and oxidative stress of leaves at different positions in Amomum villosum Lour]Zhi Li
Kunming Division, Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Kunming 650223, China
Zhi Wu Sheng Li Yu Fen Zi Sheng Wu Xue Xue Bao 30:546-52. 2004..In this study we measured the variables of photosynthesis and chlorophyll fluorescence, the content of chlorophyll (Chl), Caroteniod, protein and malondialdehyde (MDA), and the activities of antioxidant enzymes of leaves at different ..
- [CHL prevent colon neoplasms in mice and its selective inhibition on COX-2]Xiao wen Ding
Department of Surgery, Zhejiang Cancer Hospital, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, 310022, P R China
Ai Zheng 23:1409-13. 2004Chlorophyllin (CHL) was proved to have strong anti-inducement effect toward many mutagens and epicarcinogens...
- Estimation of chlorophyll content and daily primary production of the major algal groups by means of multiwavelength-excitation PAM chlorophyll fluorometry: performance and methodological limitsTorsten Jakob
Biology I Plant Physiology, University of Leipzig, Germany
Photosynth Res 83:343-61. 2005..The Phyto-PAM is a 4-wavelength chlorophyll fluorometer with the functional combination of chlorophyll (Chl) estimation and assessment of photosynthetic activity, both differentiated into the main algal groups...
- Origins of plastids and glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase genes in the green-colored dinoflagellate Lepidodinium chlorophorumKiyotaka Takishita
Japan Agency for Marine Earth Science and Technology JAMSTEC, Yokosuka, Kanagawa, Japan
Gene 410:26-36. 2008The dinoflagellate Lepidodinium chlorophorum possesses "green" plastids containing chlorophylls a and b (Chl a+b), unlike most dinoflagellate plastids with Chl a+c plus a carotenoid peridinin (peridinin-containing plastids)...
- Fascin expression in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, anaplastic large cell lymphoma, and classical Hodgkin lymphomaNasir A Bakshi
Department of Pathology, Oklahoma University Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 131:742-7. 2007..Reed-Sternberg cells and has a high negative predictive value for diagnosis of classical Hodgkin lymphoma (CHL). Fascin has been used to distinguish CHL from non-Hodgkin lymphoma...
- Properties of chlorophyll and derivatives in homogeneous and microheterogeneous systemsAdriana P Gerola
Chemistry Department, State University of Maringá, Paraná, Brazil
J Phys Chem B 115:7364-73. 2011Chlorophyll (Mg-Chl) and its derivatives, zinc chlorophyll (Zn-Chl), copper chlorophyll (Cu-Chl), pheophytin (Pheo), pheophorbide (Pheid), and zinc chlorophyllide (Zn-Chld), were studied as to their acid-base equilibrium properties, ..
- The effects of experimentally induced conductive hearing loss on spectral and temporal aspects of sound transmission through the earJ Eric Lupo
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
Hear Res 272:30-41. 2011Conductive hearing loss (CHL) is known to produce hearing deficits, including deficits in sound localization ability...
- [Trophic states and nutrient output of tributaries bay in Three Gorges Reservoir after impoundment]Sheng Zhang
Chongqing Academe of Environmental Science, Chongqing 400020, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 29:7-12. 2008..the Three Gorges Reservoir storaged water in June 2003, total phosphorus (TP), total nitrogen (TN), chlorophyll a (Chl-a), potassium permanganate index and Secchi depth (SD) were determined in 12 tributaries bay in Three Gorges ..
- Identification of excited-state energy transfer and relaxation pathways in the peridinin-chlorophyll complex: an ultrafast mid-infrared studyCosimo Bonetti
Department of Physics and Astronomy, Faculty of Sciences, Vrije Universiteit, De Boelelaan 1081, 1081 HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Phys Chem Chem Phys 12:9256-66. 2010..is a water-soluble, trimeric light harvesting complex found in marine dinoflagellates that binds peridinin and Chl-a in an unusual stoichiometric ratio of 4:1...
- The influence of nutrients and physical habitat in regulating algal biomass in agricultural streamsMark Munn
Water Resource Division, US Geological Survey, 934 Broadway, Suite 300, Tacoma, WA 98402, USA
Environ Manage 45:603-15. 2010..Chlorophyll a was measured in three types of samples, fine-grained benthic material (CHL(FG)), coarse-grained stable substrate as in rock or wood (CHL(CG)), and water column (CHL(S))...
- The effect of decreasing temperature up to chilling values on the in vivo F685/F735 chlorophyll fluorescence ratio in Phaseolus vulgaris and Pisum sativum: the role of the photosystem I contribution to the 735 nm fluorescence bandG Agati
Istituto di Elettronica Quantistica CNR, Sezione INFM di Firenze, Florence, Italy
Photochem Photobiol 72:75-84. 2000The effect of leaf temperature (T), between 23 and 4 degrees C, on the chlorophyll (Chl) fluorescence spectral shape was investigated under moderate (200 microE m-2 s-1) and low (30-35 microE m-2 s-1) light intensities in Phaseolus ..
- Fluorescence induction in the phycobilisome-containing cyanobacterium Synechococcus sp PCC 7942: analysis of the slow fluorescence transientKostas Stamatakis
Institute of Biology, NCSR Demokritos, Aghia Paraskevi, Attikis 15310, Greece
Biochim Biophys Acta 1767:766-72. 2007At room temperature, the chlorophyll (Chl) a fluorescence induction (FI) kinetics of plants, algae and cyanobacteria go through two maxima, P at approximately 0...
- Comparison of cladribine plus prednisone with chlorambucil plus prednisone in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Final report of the Polish Adult Leukemia Group (PALG CLL1)Tadeusz Robak
Department of Hematology, Medical University of Łódź, Copernicus Memorial Hospital, Łódź, Poland
Med Sci Monit 11:PI71-9. 2005..multicenter trial on the efficacy and toxicity of cladribine (2-CdA) + prednisone (P) compared with chlorambucil (Chl) + P in previously untreated patients with progressive or symptomatic chronic lymphocytic leukemia...
- Antimicrobial susceptibility and mechanisms of resistance in Shigella and Salmonella isolates from children under five years of age with diarrhea in rural MozambiqueInacio Mandomando
Centro de Investigação em Saúde da Manhiça, Vila da Manhiça, Rua 12, P O Box 1929, Maputo, Mozambique
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:2450-4. 2009..A high proportion of Shigella isolates were resistant to chloramphenicol (Chl) (52%), ampicillin (Amp) (56%), tetracycline (Tet) (66%), and trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole (Sxt) (84%)...
- The stoichiometry and antenna size of the two photosystems in marine green algae, Bryopsis maxima and Ulva pertusa, in relation to the light environment of their natural habitatJun Ya Yamazaki
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Toho University, Miyama 2 2 1, Funabashi, Chiba 274 8510, Japan
J Exp Bot 56:1517-23. 2005..Bryopsis maxima and Ulva pertusa had chlorophyll (Chl) a/b ratios of 1.5 and 1...
- Synthesis of chlorophyll b: localization of chlorophyllide a oxygenase and discovery of a stable radical in the catalytic subunitLaura L Eggink
School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona 85287 4501, USA
BMC Plant Biol 4:5. 2004..light-harvesting complexes (LHCs) in the chloroplast of green algae and plants requires synthesis of chlorophyll (Chl) b, a reaction that involves oxygenation of the 7-methyl group of Chl a to a formyl group...
- Zooplankton structure and potential food web interactions in the plankton of a subtropical chain-of-lakesKarl E Havens
Watershed Management Department, South Florida Water Management District, West Palm Beach, FL 33496, USA
ScientificWorldJournal 2:926-42. 2002..species biomass and standard limnological attributes (temperature, pH, total phosphorus [TP], chlorophyll a [Chl a], and Secchi transparency) were quantified on a bimonthly basis from April 1997 to February 1999...
- Proliferation profile of classical Hodgkin's lymphomas. Increased expression of the protein cyclin D2 in Hodgkin's and Reed-Sternberg cellsMaria Bai
Department of Pathology, Medical Faculty, University of Ioannina, 45110 Ioannina, Greece
Mod Pathol 17:1338-45. 2004There is accumulating evidence that Hodgkin's and Reed-Sternberg cells of classical Hodgkin's lymphomas (cHL) display multiple and concurrent alterations in different pathways and checkpoints of the cell cycle...
- A comparative study of tissue distribution and photodynamic therapy selectivity of chlorin e6, Photofrin II and ALA-induced protoporphyrin IX in a colon carcinoma modelA Orenstein
Department of Plastic Surgery, Sheba Medical Centre, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Br J Cancer 73:937-44. 1996..of tissue distribution kinetics and photodynamic therapy (PDT) using 5-aminolaevulinic acid (ALA), chlorin e6 (Chl) and Photofrin (PII) was performed to evaluate the selectivity of porphyrin accumulation and tissue damage effects ..
- A survey of satisfaction and use among patients fitted with a BAHAStephane Tringali
Service d Oto neurochirurgie, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, 69495, Pierre Benite Cedex, France
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 265:1461-4. 2008..prosthesis BAHA (bone anchored hearing aid) according to the indications: conductive or mixed hearing loss (CHL) and patients with single side deafness (SSD)...
- Aluminum-induced effects on Photosystem II photochemistry in citrus leaves assessed by the chlorophyll a fluorescence transientHuan Xin Jiang
Institute of Horticultural Plant Physiology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University, Fuzhou 350002, P R China
Tree Physiol 28:1863-71. 2008..6H(2)O. Shoot growth was more sensitive to Al toxicity than root growth, gas exchange, chlorophyll (Chl) concentration, polyphasic Chl a fluorescence (OJIP) induction and related parameters...
- In vivo quantification of kleptoplastic chlorophyll a content in the "solar-powered" sea slug Elysia viridis using optical methods: spectral reflectance analysis and PAM fluorometryJoão Serôdio
Departamento de Biologia and CESAM Centro de Estudos do Ambiente e do Mar, Universidade de Aveiro, Campus de Santiago, 3810 193, Aveiro, Portugal
Photochem Photobiol Sci 9:68-77. 2010..This study evaluated the use of two optical methods, spectral reflectance analysis and in vivo Chl fluorescence, as measured by pulse amplitude modulated (PAM) fluorometry, for the in vivo quantification of ..
- Site-directed mutations at D1-Thr179 of photosystem II in Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 modify the spectroscopic properties of the accessory chlorophyll in the D1-branch of the reaction centerEberhard Schlodder
Max Volmer Laboratorium für Biophysikalische Chemie, Technische Universitat Berlin, Germany
Biochemistry 47:3143-54. 2008D1-Thr179, which overlies the reaction center chlorophyll Chl D1 of Photosystem II was replaced with His and Glu through site-directed mutation in Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803...
- Removal of magnesium by Mg-dechelatase is a major step in the chlorophyll-degrading pathway in Ginkgo biloba in the process of autumnal tintsL Tang
Department of Biotechnology, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
Z Naturforsch C 55:923-6. 2000Autumnal tints are one of the most manifest and fascinating natural phenomena, but the mechanism of chlorophyll (Chl)-breakdown in deciduous trees has not been fully elucidated...
- Melphalan, a second chemical for which specific-locus mutation induction in the mouse is maximum in early spermatidsL B Russell
Biology Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, TN 37831 8077
Mutat Res 282:151-8. 1992Melphalan (MLP), a bifunctional alkylating agent structurally related to the highly mutagenic chemical chlorambucil (CHL), was found to induce high frequencies of specific-locus mutations in postspermatogonial germ cells of the mouse, ..
- Light-dependent reversal of dark-chilling induced changes in chloroplast structure and arrangement of chlorophyll-protein complexes in bean thylakoid membranesMaciej Garstka
Department of Metabolic Regulation, Institute of Biochemistry, Warsaw University, Miecznikowa 1, PL 02 096 Warsaw, Poland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1710:13-23. 2005..Although, no change in chlorophyll (Chl) content and Chl a/b ratio in all samples was observed, overall fluorescence intensity of fluorescence emission and ..
- A clinically silent respiratory infection with Chlamydophila spp. in calves is associated with airway obstruction and pulmonary inflammationJulia Jaeger
Institute of Molecular Pathogenesis in the Friedrich Loeffler Institute Federal Research Institute for Animal Health, Naumburger Str 96a, 07743 Jena, Germany
Vet Res 38:711-28. 2007..Thirteen calves persistently infected with Chlamydophila (C.) abortus and/or C. pecorum (Chl+) were compared to 12 calves without chlamydial infections (Chl-)...
- Characterization of a plant-like protochlorophyllide a divinyl reductase in green sulfur bacteriaAline Gomez Maqueo Chew
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
J Biol Chem 282:2967-75. 2007The green sulfur bacterium Chlorobium tepidum synthesizes three types of (bacterio)chlorophyll ((B)Chl): BChl a(P), Chl a(PD), and BChl c(F)...
- [Trial for transdermal administration of sulfonylureas]Y Takahashi
Department of Pharmacy, Yokohama City University Hospital, Kanagawa, Japan
Yakugaku Zasshi 117:1022-7. 1997..Glibenclamide (GLI) or chlorpropamide (CHL) was chosen as a principal agent and ointments were prepared by mixing 5% of GLI or CHL with a FAPG ointment base...
- Isolation and characterization of a xanthophyll-rich fraction from the thylakoid membrane of Dunaliella salina(green algae)Kittisak Yokthongwattana
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, 111 Koshland Hall, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3102, USA
Photochem Photobiol Sci 4:1028-34. 2005..In the wild type, the zeaxanthin to chlorophyll (Zea/Chl)(mol : mol) ratio was as low as 0.009 : 1 under LL and as high as 0.8 : 1 under HL conditions...
- Characterization of chloramphenicol resistance in beta-hemolytic Escherichia coli associated with diarrhea in neonatal swineKenneth M Bischoff
Southern Plains Agricultural Research Center, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, College Station, Texas 77845, USA
J Clin Microbiol 40:389-94. 2002..Interestingly, 53% of swine E. coli isolates exhibited resistance to chloramphenicol (CHL), an antibiotic whose use in food animals has been prohibited in the United States since the mid-1980s...
- Analysis of LhcSR3, a protein essential for feedback de-excitation in the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiGiulia Bonente
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie, Universita di Verona, Verona, Italy
PLoS Biol 9:e1000577. 2011..This mechanism prevents photodamage caused by reactive oxygen species produced by the reaction of chlorophyll (Chl) triplet states with O₂...
- Metabolism-blocked antifolates as potential anti-rheumatoid arthritis agents: 4-amino-4-deoxy-5,8,10-trideazapteroyl-d,l-4'-methyleneglutamic acid (CH-1504) and its analogsJohn J McGuire
Grace Cancer Drug Center, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, United States
Biochem Pharmacol 77:1161-72. 2009..g., methotrexate (MTX)) metabolism. Five new CH-1504 analogs (CHL-001-CHL-005) were synthesized and diastereomers of CH-1504 itself were obtained by preparative chiral HPLC; all ..
- NPQ activation reduces chlorophyll triplet state formation in the moss Physcomitrella patensDonatella Carbonera
Department of Chemical Sciences, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1817:1608-15. 2012..quenching (NPQ) is a regulatory mechanism which protects plants from oxidative stress by dissipating excess Chl singlet excitation...
- Seasonal change of persistent organic pollutant concentrations in air at Niigata area, JapanHitoshi Murayama
Niigata Prefectural Institute of Public Health and Environmental Sciences, 314 1 Sowa, Niigata 950 2144, Japan
Chemosphere 52:683-94. 2003..persistent organic pollutants (POPs), such as HCB, alpha-, beta-, gamma- and delta-HCH, trans- and cis-chlordane (t-CHL, c-CHL), DDE, DDD and DDT, in ambient air have been measured at five sampling points in Niigata area, Japan (..
- CD99 triggers upregulation of miR-9-modulated PRDM1/BLIMP1 in Hodgkin/Reed-Sternberg cells and induces redifferentiationXueping Huang
Department of Pathology, Nanfang Hospital Affiliated to Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, China
Int J Cancer 131:E382-94. 2012..Our study was carried out to examine the role of CD99 in tumor progression of classical Hodgkin lymphoma (cHL)...
- Tumor microenvironment composition in pediatric classical Hodgkin lymphoma is modulated by age and Epstein-Barr virus infectionMario Henrique M Barros
Bone Marrow Transplantation Center, Instituto Nacional de Cancer INCA, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Int J Cancer 131:1142-52. 2012Classical Hodgkin lymphoma (cHL) is characterized by a small number of neoplastic cells in a background of reactive cells...
- Summer diatom blooms in the North Pacific subtropical gyre: 2008-2009Tracy A Villareal
Marine Science Institute and the Department of Marine Science, The University of Texas at Austin, Port Aransas, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e33109. 2012..has widespread phytoplankton blooms between Hawaii and the subtropical front (∼30°N) that appear as chlorophyll (chl) increases in satellite ocean color data...
- HLA-A*02:07 is a protective allele for EBV negative and a susceptibility allele for EBV positive classical Hodgkin lymphoma in ChinaXin Huang
Department of Pathology and Medical Biology, University of Groningen, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e31865. 2012HLA-A2 protects from EBV+ classical Hodgkin lymphoma (cHL) in Western Europe, but it is unknown whether this protective effect also exists in the Chinese population...
- Triplet formation on a monomeric chlorophyll in the photosystem II reaction center as studied by time-resolved infrared spectroscopyT Noguchi
Biophysical Chemistry Laboratory, RIKEN, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Biochemistry 40:2176-85. 2001..were previously assigned to the keto C==O change upon triplet formation of the monomeric chlorophyll denoted as Chl(T) [Noguchi, T., Tomo, T., and Inoue, Y. (1998) Biochemistry 37, 13614-13625]...
- Method for resolution and quantification of components of the non-photochemical quenching (q (N))Karel Rohácek
Biology Centre of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, p r i, Institute of Plant Molecular Biology, Branisovska 31, 370 05 Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
Photosynth Res 105:101-13. 2010A new method of the chlorophyll (Chl) a fluorescence quenching analysis is described, which allows the calculation of values of (at least) three components of the non-photochemical quenching of the variable Chl a fluorescence (q (N)) ..
- Epibiosis of oxygenic phototrophs containing chlorophylls a, b, c, and d on the colonial ascidian Cystodytes dellechiajeiManuel Martinez-Garcia
División de Microbiología and Instituto Multidisciplinar para el Estudio del Medio Ramón Margalef, Universidad de Alicante, 03080, Alicante, Spain
Microb Ecol 61:13-9. 2011..liquid chromatography of the photosynthetic pigments confirmed that the phototrophic epibionts possess chlorophyll (Chl) d, as well as Chl a, b, and c, which enable them to use far-red light for photosynthesis in that peculiar ..
- Chlorophyll a self-assembly in polar solvent-water mixturesR Vladkova
Institute of Biophysics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
Photochem Photobiol 71:71-83. 2000The conversion of chlorophyll a (Chl a) monomers into large aggregates in six polar solvents upon addition of water has been studied by means of absorption, fluorescence spectroscopy and fluorescence lifetime measurements for the purpose ..
- Effect of chordin-like 1 on MC3T3-E1 and human mesenchymal stem cellsHugo Fernandes
Department of Tissue Regeneration, University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands
Cells Tissues Organs 191:443-52. 2010..Our data point towards a novel, BMP-independent role of chordin-like 1 in hMSC proliferation...
- Horseradish peroxidase-catalyzed oxidation of chlorophyll a with hydrogen peroxide: characterization of the products and mechanism of the reactionPaavo H Hynninen
Department of Chemistry, Laboratory of Organic Chemistry, A I Virtasen Aukio 1, University of Helsinki, Finland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1797:531-42. 2010..peroxidase was verified to catalyze, without any phenol, the hydrogen peroxide oxidation of chlorophyll a (Chl a), solubilized with Triton X-100...
- Cladribine with prednisone versus chlorambucil with prednisone as first-line therapy in chronic lymphocytic leukemia: report of a prospective, randomized, multicenter trialT Robak
Department of Hematology, Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Blood 96:2723-9. 2000The efficacy and toxicity of cladribine (2-CdA) + prednisone (P) versus chlorambucil (Chl) + P were compared in previously untreated patients with progressive or symptomatic chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) in a randomized, multicenter ..
- Hearing in noise test in subjects with conductive hearing lossDuen Lii Hsieh
Department of Otolaryngology, National Taiwan University Hospital, Yun Lin branch, Yun Lin, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 108:937-42. 2009It has been reported that patients with pure conductive hearing loss (CHL) have remarked that their hearing is better in the presence of background noise...
- Beta-carotene redox reactions in photosystem II: electron transfer pathwayP Faller
Section de Bioénergétiques and Section de Biophysique des Protéines et des Membranes, CEA CNRS URA 2096, CE Saclay 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Biochemistry 40:6431-40. 2001A carotenoid (Car), a chlorophyll (Chl(Z)), and cytochrome b(559) (Cyt b(559)) are able to donate electrons with a low quantum yield to the photooxidized chlorophyll, P680(+), when photosystem II (PSII) is illuminated at low temperatures...
- Clinical, phenotypic and genetic similarities and disparities between post-transplant and classical Hodgkin lymphomas with respect to therapeutic targetsHeiner Adams
University of Basel, University Hospital Basel, Institute for Pathology, Schoenbeinstrasse 40, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Expert Opin Ther Targets 13:1137-45. 2009..the clinical, phenotypic and genetic similarities and disparities between ptHL and classical Hodgkin lymphoma (cHL) in immunocompetent patients and sought proteins/pathways in ptHL that might have potential as therapeutic targets.
- A meta-analysis of cytotoxic treatment for frequently relapsing nephrotic syndrome in childrenK Latta
Department of Pediatric Nephrology and Metabolic Diseases, Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Pediatr Nephrol 16:271-82. 2001For over 30 years cyclophosphamide (CYC) and chlorambucil (CHL) have been used to treat children with relapsing steroid-sensitive nephrotic syndrome (SSNS)...
- Phosphorus alleviates aluminum-induced inhibition of growth and photosynthesis in Citrus grandis seedlingsHuan Xin Jiang
Institute of Horticultural Plant Physiology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University, Fuzhou, PR China
Physiol Plant 137:298-311. 2009..2 mM AlCl(3). 6H(2)O. Thereafter, P and Al in roots, stems and leaves, and leaf chlorophyll (Chl), CO(2) assimilation, ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase (Rubisco) and Chl a fluorescence (OJIP) ..
- Low-dose irradiation improves microbial quality and shelf life of fresh mint (Mentha piperita L.) without compromising visual qualityWei Yea Hsu
Dept of Family, Youth and Community Sciences, Univ of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611 0310, USA
J Food Sci 75:M222-30. 2010..on microbial and visual quality, color values (L*, a*, b*, chroma, and hue [ degrees ]), and chlorophyll content (Chl a, Chl b, and total Chl) of fresh mint were evaluated. Samples inoculated with E...
- Role of chlorophyllase in chlorophyll homeostasis and post-harvest breakdown in Piper betle L. leafSupriya Gupta
Betel Vine Biotech Laboratory, National Botanical Research Institute, Lucknow 226 001, India
Indian J Biochem Biophys 48:353-60. 2011..More than hundred landraces having marked variation in leaf chlorophyll (Chl) content are in cultivation in India...
- The oligomeric states of the photosystems and the light-harvesting complexes in the Chl b-less mutantAtsushi Takabayashi
Institute of Low Temperature Science, Hokkaido University, N19 W8 Kita ku, Sapporo, 060 0819 Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 52:2103-14. 2011..Two types of Chls, Chl a and Chl b, both function in light harvesting and are required for the biogenesis of the photosystems...
- CHL-1 provides an essential function affecting cell proliferation and chromosome stability in Caenorhabditis elegansGeorge Chung
Department of Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia, 419 2125 East Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z4, Canada
DNA Repair (Amst) 10:1174-82. 2011..In this paper, we show that the chl-1 gene in C. elegans is required for normal development and fertility...
- Determination of physical processes influencing Chl a distribution using remotely sensed imagesA M Mustapha
Faculty of Science and Technology, School of Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 43600 UKM Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia
Pak J Biol Sci 14:82-90. 2011..This paper determined the seasonal variability of Chlorophyll a (Chl a) at the scallop farming region in the Okhotsk Sea from 1998 to 2004 using satellite imageries...
- Spectroscopic studies on interaction and sonodynamic damage of metallochlorophyllin (Chl-M (M=Fe, Zn and Cu)) to protein under ultrasonic irradiationJingqun Gao
College of Chemistry, Liaoning University, Shenyang 110036, PR China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 79:849-57. 2011In this paper, the chlorophyll derivatives, metallochlorophyllin (Chl-M) (M=Fe, Zn and Cu) including chlorophyllin iron (Chl-Fe), chlorophyllin zinc (Chl-Zn) and chlorophyllin copper (Chl-Cu), were adopted as sonosensitizers to combine ..
- Oxidation-extraction spectrometry of reactive oxygen species (ROS) generated by chlorophyllin magnesium (Chl-Mg) under ultrasonic irradiationYuwei Guo
College of Chemistry, Liaoning University, Shenyang 110036, PR China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 79:1099-104. 2011In order to examine the mechanism and process of sonodynamic reaction, the chlorophyllin magnesium (Chl-Mg) acting as a sonosensitizer was irradiated by ultrasound, and the generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) were detected by the ..
- The effects of the broadband UVA radiation on myeloid leukemia cells: the possible role of protein kinase C in mediation of UVA-induced effectsD Leszczynski
Radiobiology Laboratory, Finnish Centre for Radiation and Nuclear Safety, Helsinki, Finland
Photochem Photobiol 64:936-42. 1996We examined the effects of broadband UVA radiation (320-400 nm) on a rat myeloid leukemia cell line-chloroma (ChL). A Phillips face tanner model HB 171/A was used as a light source...
- Hypothermia and delayed fever in the male and female rat exposed to chlorpyrifosC J Gordon
National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, US Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27711, USA
Toxicology 118:149-58. 1997Chlorpyrifos (CHL) is a commonly used organophosphate (OP) pesticide which irreversibly inhibits acetylcholinesterase activity in the CNS...
- Long-term cholesterol-lowering effects of 4 fat-restricted diets in hypercholesterolemic and combined hyperlipidemic men. The Dietary Alternatives StudyR H Knopp
Northwest Lipid Research Clinic, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98104, USA
JAMA 278:1509-15. 1997..The long-term effect of aggressively vs moderately fat-restricted diets has not been studied extensively in free-living subjects with different types of hyperlipidemia...
- Quantitative estimation of minor conductive hearing loss with distortion product otoacoustic emissions in the guinea pigBernhard Olzowy
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich Medical Center, Marchioninistr 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
J Acoust Soc Am 128:1845-52. 2010..Theoretical considerations to estimate a minor CHL from DPOAE measurements [Kummer et al. (2006). HNO 54, 457-467] are evaluated experimentally...
- Comparative proteomics and activity of a green sulfur bacterium through the water column of Lake Cadagno, SwitzerlandKirsten S Habicht
Department of Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Odense M, Denmark
Environ Microbiol 13:203-15. 2011..8-fold over the summer. Cells from four positions in the water column were used for comparative analysis of the Chl. clathratiforme proteome in order to investigate changes in protein composition in response to the chemical and ..
- Rare occurrence of biallelic CYLD gene mutations in classical Hodgkin lymphomaAnnette Schmidt
Institute of Cell Biology Cancer Research, University of Duisburg Essen, Medical School, Essen, Germany
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:803-9. 2010Survival of the malignant Hodgkin and Reed/Sternberg (HRS) cells in classical Hodgkin lymphoma (cHL) is dependent on constitutive activation of the nuclear factor kappaB (NF-kappaB) transcription factor...
- SPECTROSCOPIC STUDIES OF LIGHT-DRIVEN ELECTRON TRANSFERBRIDGETTE BARRY; Fiscal Year: 2007..These electron transfer reactions involve redox-active amino acid residues and chlorophyll (chl)...
- MODULATION OF COLON CARCINOGENESIS BY CHLOROPHYLLINRoderick Dashwood; Fiscal Year: 2007Chlorophyllin (CHL), a water-soluble salt of chlorophyll, is a blocking agent against 2-amino-3-methylimidazo[4,5-f]quinoline (IQ), and when given post-initiation suppressed IQ-induced rat liver tumors...
- EPR Studies of Biological PCET ElementsR Britt; Fiscal Year: 2007..II contains two redox active tyrosines, YD and YZ, that function as electron donors to the photooxidized Chl+ formed by the initial photon-driven electron transfer. These tyrosines are both involved in PCET reactions...
- WIDEBAND CLINICAL DIAGNOSIS AND MONITORING OF MIDDLE-EAR AND COCHLEAR FUNCTIONDOUGLAS KEEFE; Fiscal Year: 2009..of newborn hearing screen programs to identify sensorineural hearing loss (SNHL) and conductive hearing loss (CHL)...
- WIDEBAND CLINICAL DIAGNOSIS AND MONITORING OF MIDDLE-EAR AND COCHLEAR FUNCTIONDOUGLAS H contact KEEFE; Fiscal Year: 2010..of newborn hearing screen programs to identify sensorineural hearing loss (SNHL) and conductive hearing loss (CHL)...
- Rescue of cortical inhibitory synapses following developmental hearing lossVibhakar C Kotak; Fiscal Year: 2011..are three related aims: Aim 1 will first determine whether the effect of developmental conductive hearing loss (CHL) on auditory cortex inhibitory synapse function persists into adulthood...
- ANTIIDIOTYPE VACCINE THERAPY OF HUMAN COLORECTAL CANCERMALAYA CHATTERJEE; Fiscal Year: 2002..setting generate an active immune response against CEA following an adequate number of immunizations with the Chl anti-Id adsorbed to aluminum hydroxide...
- CELLULAR THERMOSTABILITY AND THERMOTOLERANCEJAMES LEPOCK; Fiscal Year: 1991..protein denaturation occurs in these organelles isolated from control and the thermotolerant cells and in whole CHL V79 cells using high sensitivity differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and fluorescence spectroscopy in selected ..
- CELLULAR THERMOSTABILITY AND THERMOTOLERANCEJAMES LEPOCK; Fiscal Year: 1993..which protein denaturation occurs in these organelles isolated from control and thermotolerant cells and in whole CHL V79 cells using high sensitivity differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and fluorescence spectroscopy...
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF SV40 NON-VIRION PROTEINSDavid Livingston; Fiscal Year: 2007..biological effects of lead small molecule compounds that can effectively interfere with the interaction of p300/CBP CHl and the TAD-C domain of hypoxia -inducing factor and thereby act as anti-tumor agents; 3) to determine whether the ..
- Polyamide-Chl inhibition of cancer cell proliferationJOEL GOTTESFELD; Fiscal Year: 2009..The mechanism of inhibition of transcription by polyamides will be assessed both in vitro, in cell culture and in animal models...
- Hearing loss affects synaptic balance in auditory cortexDan Sanes; Fiscal Year: 2009..The core hypothesis of this proposal is that sensorineural (SNHL) or conductive hearing loss (CHL) disrupts the balance between excitatory and inhibitory conductances, and severely limits the ability of primary ..
- Hearing loss affects synaptic balance in auditory cortexDan Sanes; Fiscal Year: 2009..The core hypothesis of this proposal is that sensorineural (SNHL) or conductive hearing loss (CHL) disrupts the balance between excitatory and inhibitory conductances, and severely limits the ability of primary ..
- SPECIFIC INHIBITION OF HER2/NEU TRANSCRIPTION ELONGATIONScot Ebbinghaus; Fiscal Year: 2002..to find novel ways to specifically inhibit HER2/neu expression by developing oligonucleotide (ODN) - chlorambucil (CHL) conjugates that will bind in a site-specific manner to the HER2/neu gene by triplex DNA formation and lead to DNA ..
- Activity-Dependent Influences on Auditory CircuitsDaniel Polley; Fiscal Year: 2009..Degraded hearing in the form of conductive hearing loss (CHL) such as otitis media with effusion is the most commonly diagnosed illness among children in the United States and ..
- Activity-Dependent Influences on Auditory CircuitsDaniel B Polley; Fiscal Year: 2010..Degraded hearing in the form of conductive hearing loss (CHL) such as otitis media with effusion is the most commonly diagnosed illness among children in the United States and ..
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF ENZYMES-ROLE OF METALSK Rajagopalan; Fiscal Year: 1993..In this proposal the ongoing studies on the biosynthesis of Mo cofactors will be continued. Using the chl mutants of Escherichia coli we propose to characterize the enzymes and metabolic intermediates in the de novo ..