Genomes and Genes
chondroitin polymerizing factor
Gene Symbol: chondroitin polymerizing factor
Description: chondroitin polymerizing factor
Alias: CHSY2, CSS2, chondroitin sulfate synthase 2, N-acetylgalactosaminyl-proteoglycan 3-beta-glucuronosyltransferase II, N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 2, chondroitin glucuronyltransferase 2, glucuronosyl-N-acetylgalactosaminyl-proteoglycan 4-beta-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase II
Products: chondroitin polymerizing factor
- Hessel E, van Lith H, Wolterink Donselaar I, de Wit M, Groot Koerkamp M, Holstege F, et al. Mapping of a FEB3 homologous febrile seizure locus on mouse chromosome 2 containing candidate genes Scn1a and Scn3a. Eur J Neurosci. 2016;44:2950-2957 pubmed publisher..CSS) panel derived from C57BL/6J and A/J for FS susceptibility and identified C57BL/6J-Chr2A /NaJ (CSS2), as the strain with the strongest FS susceptibility phenotype...
- Nuytemans K, Ortel T, Gomez L, Hofmann N, Alves N, Dueker N, et al. Variants in chondroitin sulfate metabolism genes in thrombotic storm. Thromb Res. 2018;161:43-51 pubmed publisher..Overall, no single gene was identified with strong evidence for TS causality; however, our data suggest TS is mediated by an accumulation of rare pro-thrombotic risk factors. ..
- Ritelli M, Chiarelli N, Zoppi N, Dordoni C, Quinzani S, Traversa M, et al. Insights in the etiopathology of galactosyltransferase II (GalT-II) deficiency from transcriptome-wide expression profiling of skin fibroblasts of two sisters with compound heterozygosity for two novel B3GALT6 mutations. Mol Genet Metab Rep. 2015;2:1-15 pubmed publisher
- Jimenez Vargas J, Quintero Hernández V, González Morales L, Ortiz E, Possani L. Design and expression of recombinant toxins from Mexican scorpions of the genus Centruroides for production of antivenoms. Toxicon. 2017;128:5-14 pubmed publisher..of Mexico. The genes that code for toxin 2 of C. noxius (Cn2), toxin 2 from C. suffusus (Css2) and toxins 1 and 2 from C...
- AmadÃ©o S, KÃµlves K, Malogne A, Rereao M, Favro P, Lam Nguyen N, et al. Non-fatal suicidal behaviours in French Polynesia: Results of the WHO/START study and its implications for prevention. J Affect Disord. 2016;189:351-6 pubmed publisher..1%). Study includes only NFSB seeking medical help from the biggest hospital in the country. Suicide prevention activities specific to the findings and the socio-cultural context of French Polynesia should be considered. ..
- Fugmann T, Sofron A, Ritz D, Bootz F, Neri D. The MHC Class II Immunopeptidome of Lymph Nodes in Health and in Chemically Induced Colitis. J Immunol. 2017;198:1357-1364 pubmed publisher..Peptides derived from a subset of proteins (including IgE, Bank1, chondroitin sulfate synthase 2, Cmip, and Fth1) were exclusively identified in mice with colitis, revealing changes in the peptidome ..
- Srisuthtayanont W, Pruksakorn D, Kongtawelert P, Pothacharoen P. Effects of sesamin on chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan synthesis induced by interleukin-1beta in human chondrocytes. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:286 pubmed publisher..Sesamin enhances CSPGs synthesis, suppresses IL-1? expression and ameliorates IL-1? induced inflammation in human chondrocytes. Sesamin could have therapeutic benefits for treating inflammation in osteoarthritis. ..
- Yada T, Gotoh M, Sato T, Shionyu M, Go M, Kaseyama H, et al. Chondroitin sulfate synthase-2. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel human glycosyltransferase homologous to chondroitin sulfate glucuronyltransferase, which has dual enzymatic activities. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:30235-47 pubmed..Sequence analysis based on three-dimensional structure revealed the presence of not typical but significant beta 4-glycosyltransferase architecture. ..
- Pacheco Costa R, Kadakia J, Atkinson E, Wallace J, Plotkin L, Reginato R. Connexin37 deficiency alters organic bone matrix, cortical bone geometry, and increases Wnt/?-catenin signaling. Bone. 2017;97:105-113 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that altered profile of the bone matrix components in Cx37-deficient mice acts in favor of higher resistance to fracture in long bones. ..
- Hu B, Xu C, Cao P, Tian Y, Zhang Y, Shi C, et al. TGF-? Stimulates Expression of Chondroitin Polymerizing Factor in Nucleus Pulposus Cells Through the Smad3, RhoA/ROCK1, and MAPK Signaling Pathways. J Cell Biochem. 2018;119:566-579 pubmed publisherThe enzyme chondroitin polymerizing factor (ChPF) is primarily involved in extension of the chondroitin sulfate backbone required for the synthesis of sulfated glycosaminoglycan (sGAG)...
- Kuroda Y, Sako W, Goto S, Sawada T, Uchida D, Izumi Y, et al. Parkin interacts with Klokin1 for mitochondrial import and maintenance of membrane potential. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:991-1003 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that mitochondrial Parkin prevents mitochondrial depolarization and that Klokin 1 may compensate for Parkin deficiency. ..
- Ogawa H, Shionyu M, Sugiura N, Hatano S, Nagai N, Kubota Y, et al. Chondroitin sulfate synthase-2/chondroitin polymerizing factor has two variants with distinct function. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:34155-67 pubmed publisher..sulfate synthase-1 (CSS1)/chondroitin synthase-1 (ChSy-1) and chondroitin sulfate synthase-2 (CSS2)/chondroitin polymerizing factor is assumed to play a major role in CS biosynthesis...