Genomes and Genes
chondroitin 6 sulfotransferase
Gene Symbol: chondroitin 6 sulfotransferase
Description: carbohydrate sulfotransferase 3
Alias: C6ST, C6ST1, HSD, carbohydrate sulfotransferase 3, C6ST-1, GST-0, carbohydrate (chondroitin 6) sulfotransferase 3, chondroitin 6 sulfotransferase 1, chondroitin 6-O-sulfotransferase 1, galactose/N-acetylglucosamine/N-acetylglucosamine 6-O-sulfotransferase 0
Publications260 found, 100 shown here
- 11Beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase in the Dahl ratR Franco-Saenz
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, 43699, USA
Am J Hypertens 10:1004-9. 1997..specificity of the kidney receptor is conferred by the activity of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (11beta-HSD). There are two isoforms of 11beta-HSD (11beta-HSD1 and 11beta-HSD2)...
- Congenital joint dislocations caused by carbohydrate sulfotransferase 3 deficiency in recessive Larsen syndrome and humero-spinal dysostosisPia Hermanns
Center for Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, University of Freiburg, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Am J Hum Genet 82:1368-74. 2008Deficiency of carbohydrate sulfotransferase 3 (CHST3; also known as chondroitin-6-sulfotransferase) has been reported in a single kindred so far and in association with a phenotype of severe chondrodysplasia with progressive spinal ..
- Phenotypic features of carbohydrate sulfotransferase 3 (CHST3) deficiency in 24 patients: congenital dislocations and vertebral changes as principal diagnostic featuresSheila Unger
Centre for Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Am J Med Genet A 152:2543-9. 2010We recently reported on the deficiency of carbohydrate sulfotransferase 3 (CHST3; chondroitin-6-sulfotransferase) in six subjects diagnosed with recessive Larsen syndrome or humero-spinal dysostosis [Hermanns et al...
- Higher salt consumption, digoxin-like factor, and nifedipine response are associated with salt sensitivity in essential hypertensionV Dichtchekenian
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, , Brazil
Am J Hypertens 5:707-12. 1992..were studied sequentially on an ad lib diet, a low salt diet (LSD = 30 mEq Na/day), and a high salt diet (HSD = LSD + 171 mmol/L NaCl/day), 1 week each...
- Chronic corticosterone treatment impairs Leydig cell 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activity and LH-stimulated testosterone productionB R Sankar
Department of Endocrinology, Dr. ALM P.G. Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Madras, Taramani, Chennai, India
Horm Metab Res 32:142-6. 2000..corticosterone on luteinizing hormone (LH)-stimulated Leydig cell testosterone production and activity of 11beta-HSD was studied...
- Colocalization of 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and mineralocorticoid receptors in cultured vascular smooth muscle cellsL Kornel
Steroid Research Laboratory, Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612
Am J Hypertens 7:100-3. 1994Colocalization of mineralocorticoid receptors (MR) and 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (11-HSD), the enzyme acting as a protector of MR, in the same cell of mineralocorticoid (MC)-responsive tissues is crucial to the concept of ..
- Differential regulation of 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 and 2 by nitric oxide in cultured human placental trophoblast and chorionic cell preparationK Sun
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Endocrinology 138:4912-20. 1997Two types of 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (11 beta-HSD) have been identified in different tissues...
- Changes in vitamin E concentration after surgery and anesthesiaJ Zunic
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, County Hospital Karlovac, Croatia
Coll Antropol 21:327-34. 1997..Statistical analysis: ANOVA, Tukay HSD test. The research has been accepted by the Drugs Committee of the Karlovac County Hospital...
- Molecular basis of congenital adrenal hyperplasia due to 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase deficiencyJ Simard
CHUL Research Center and Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Mol Endocrinol 7:716-28. 1993..impair steroid formation in the adrenal cortex, exclusively, classical 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3 beta-HSD) deficiency affects steroid biosynthesis in the gonads as well as in the adrenals...
- [Effects of prostaglandin F2 alpha on steroidogenesis of the PMSG-hCG primed rat ovary in luteolysis]K Takagi
Maternal and Perinatal Center, Tokyo Women s Medical College, Japan
Nippon Naibunpi Gakkai Zasshi 64:1024-37. 1988..in ovarian mitochondria (8,000 X g pellet; Mt), activities of 3 beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3 beta HSD) in ovarian microsome (105,000 X g pellet; Ms) and 20 alpha hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (20 alpha HSD) in ovarian ..
- New development in intracrinology of breast carcinomaHironobu Sasano
Department of Pathology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Breast Cancer 13:129-36. 2006..However, other enzymes such as the 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (17beta-HSD) isozymes, estrogen sulfatase (STS) and estrogen sulfotransferase, also play pivotal roles in intratumoral estrogen ..
- Localization of type 5 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, and androgen receptor in the human prostate by in situ hybridization and immunocytochemistryM El-Alfy
Medical Research Council Group in Molecular Endocrinology, CHUL Research Center and Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Endocrinology 140:1481-91. 1999..Three beta-HSD (hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase) converts DHEA into androstenedione (4-dione), whereas type 5 17beta-HSD catalyzes ..
- Tissue oxygen monitoring during hemorrhagic shock and resuscitation: a comparison of lactated Ringer's solution, hypertonic saline dextran, and HBOC-201M Margaret Knudson
San Francisco Injury Center, University of California, USA
J Trauma 54:242-52. 2003..Biopure) would be more effective than either lactated Ringer's (LR) solution or hypertonic saline dextran (HSD) in restoring baseline tissue oxygen tension levels in selected tissue beds after hemorrhagic shock...
- Cloning of the 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (11beta-HSD)-2 gene in the baboon: effects of estradiol on promoter activity of 11beta-HSD-1 and -2 in placental JEG-3 cellsG J Pepe
Department of Physiology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, P O Box 1980, Norfolk, VA 23501 1980, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1444:101-10. 1999In the baboon, estrogen regulated 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (11beta-HSD) catalyzed metabolism of cortisol and cortisone by the placenta is an important component in the sequence of events regulating the fetal pituitary-..
- Growth hormone, insulin-like growth factor-I and the cortisol-cortisone shuttleP M Stewart
Department of Endocrinology, Division of Medical Sciences, University of Birmingham, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TH, UK
Horm Res 56:1-6. 2001..hormone action is determined, in part, through the activity of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases (11beta-HSD), two isozymes of which interconvert hormonally active cortisol (F) and inactive cortisone (E)...
- Strain differences in the sleep of ratsR S Rosenberg
Sleep Disorders Center, Evanston Hospital, IL 60201
Sleep 10:537-41. 1987..by a computerized system; results were evaluated by an analysis of variance with pairwise comparisons by the Tukey HSD test. Brown Norway rats had the highest paradoxical sleep (PS) percentages; Lewis rats had the lowest...
- Regulation of expression of male-specific rat liver microsomal 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenaseD Naville
Cecil H and Ida Green Center for Reproductive Biology Sciences, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 9051
Mol Endocrinol 5:1090-100. 1991..pathways present in the gonads and adrenal cortex, 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase isomerase (3 beta HSD) is a key enzyme which controls the formation of delta 4-3-ketosteroids from delta 5-3 beta-hydroxysteroids...
- Effects of chronic exposure to sodium arsenite on hypothalamo-pituitary-testicular activities in adult rats: possible an estrogenic mode of actionKuladip Jana
Department of Veterinary Surgery and Radiology, West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences, 37 and 68, K B Sarani, Calcutta 700 037, West Bengal, India
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 4:9. 2006..In this context, we evaluated the mode of action of chronic oral exposure of sodium arsenite on hypothalamo-pituitary- testicular activities in mature male albino rats...
- Topology of 3 beta-hydroxy-5-ene-steroid dehydrogenase/delta 5-delta 4-isomerase in adrenal cortex mitochondria and microsomesL A Sauer
Institute for Medical Research, Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital, Cooperstown, New York 13326
Endocrinology 134:751-9. 19943 beta-Hydroxy-5-ene-steroid dehydrogenase/delta 5-delta 4-isomerase (3 beta HSD) is a NAD(+)-dependent membrane-bound enzyme that catalyzes the oxidation of delta 5-3 beta-hydroxysteroids to delta 4-3-keto structures during adrenal, ..
- Equine P450 cholesterol side-chain cleavage and 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/delta(5)-delta(4) isomerase: molecular cloning and regulation of their messenger ribonucleic acids in equine follicles during the ovulatory processD Boerboom
Centre de recherche en reproduction animale and Département de biomédecine vétérinaire, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, C P 5000, Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada J2S 7C6
Biol Reprod 64:206-15. 2001..cleavage cytochrome P450 (P450(scc)) and 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/Delta(5)-Delta(4)-isomerase (3 beta-HSD), and describe the regulation and cellular localization of their transcripts in equine follicles during hCG-induced ..
- Overexpression of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-1 in adipose tissue is associated with acquired obesity and features of insulin resistance: studies in young adult monozygotic twinsKatja Kannisto
Department of Medicine, Atherosclerosis Research Unit, King Gustaf V Research Institute, Karolinska Institutet, S 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:4414-21. 200411beta-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (11beta-HSD-1) catalyzes the interconversion of inactive cortisone to active cortisol...
- Understanding oligomerization in 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/carbonyl reductase from Comamonas testosteroni: an in silico approach and evidence for an active proteinFrank Hoffmann
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Philipps University Marburg, Karl v Frisch Str 1, D 35033 Marburg, Germany
J Biotechnol 129:131-9. 20073alpha-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/carbonyl reductase (3alpha-HSD/CR) from Comamonas testosteroni belongs to the short chain dehydrogenase/reductase (SDR) protein superfamily and catalyzes the oxidoreduction of a variety of steroid ..
- Structure and expression of a new complementary DNA encoding the almost exclusive 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/delta 5-delta 4-isomerase in human adrenals and gonadsE Rheaume
Medical Research Council Group in Molecular Endocrinology, CHUL Research Center, Quebec, Canada
Mol Endocrinol 5:1147-57. 1991The 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/delta 5-delta 4 isomerase (3 beta HSD) enzyme catalyzes the oxidation and isomerization of delta 5-3 beta-hydroxysteroid precursors into delta 4-ketosteroids, thus leading to the formation of all ..
- Structure-function relationships of 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase: contribution made by the molecular genetics of 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase deficiencyY Morel
INSERM U329, Department of Pediatrics, Universite de Lyon, Hopital Debrousse, Hospices Civils de Lyon, France
Steroids 62:176-84. 1997..The structures of several cDNAs encoding 3 beta-HSD isoenzymes have been characterized in human and several other vertebrate species: human types I and II; macaque; ..
- 3alpha-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/carbonyl reductase from Comamonas testosteroni: biological significance, three-dimensional structure and gene regulationE Maser
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Medicine, Philipps University of Marburg, Karl von Frisch Strasse 1, 35033, Marburg, Germany
Chem Biol Interact 130:707-22. 20013alpha-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/carbonyl reductase (3alpha-HSD/CR) catalyses the oxidoreduction at carbon 3 of steroid hormones and is postulated to initiate the complete mineralisation of the steroid nucleus to CO(2) and H(2)O in ..
- DAX-1 blocks steroid production at multiple levelsE Lalli
, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, , , Strasbourg, France
Endocrinology 139:4237-43. 1998..This is explained by the repression of P450scc and 3beta-HSD expression, in addition to StAR...
- Human 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase isoforms (AKR1C1-AKR1C4) of the aldo-keto reductase superfamily: functional plasticity and tissue distribution reveals roles in the inactivation and formation of male and female sex hormonesT M Penning
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6084, USA
Biochem J 351:67-77. 2000..products were determined for four homogeneous recombinant human 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3alpha-HSD) isoforms of the aldo-keto reductase (AKR) superfamily...
- The Cohen diabetic rat as a model for fetal growth restriction: vitamins C and E reduce fetal oxidative stress but do not restore normal growthAsher Ornoy
Laboratory of Teratology, Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Diabetes Research Unit, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School and Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
Reprod Toxicol 28:521-9. 2009..CD) rats (sensitive and resistant strains) and the original Sabra strain fed either high sucrose low copper diet-HSD or regular diet-RD to evaluate the genetic and environmental factors contributing to FGR...
- Molecular basis of congenital adrenal hyperplasia in two siblings with classical nonsalt-losing 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase deficiencyE Rheaume
Medical Research Council Group in Molecular Endocrinology, CHUL Research Center, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 79:1012-8. 1994We report mutations of the type II 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3 beta HSD) gene in two siblings, male and female, with congenital adrenal hyperplasia caused by classical nonsalt-losing 3 beta HSD deficiency...
- Distribution of glucocorticoid and mineralocorticoid receptors and 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases in human and rat ocular tissuesJ Stokes
Department of Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Scotland
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 41:1629-38. 2000..to determine the distribution of glucocorticoid target receptors and the isozymes of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (11 beta-HSD) that regulate the activity of glucocorticoids at a prereceptor level in human and rat ocular tissues.
- Dual regulation of luteal progesterone production by androstenedione during spontaneous and RU486-induced luteolysis in pregnant ratsC M Telleria
Laboratorio de Reproduccion y Lactancia, CRICYT CONICET, Mendoza, Argentina
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 55:385-93. 1995..showed an increase in serum progesterone levels, a decline in luteal 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3 beta-HSD) activity and an increase in corpus luteum weight without modifying 20 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (20 alpha-..
- Mechanistic roles of Ser-114, Tyr-155, and Lys-159 in 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/carbonyl reductase from Comamonas testosteroniChi Ching Hwang
Department of Biochemistry, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung 807, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 280:3522-8. 20053alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/carbonyl reductase (3alpha-HSD/CR) from Comamonas testosteroni, a short chain dehydrogenase/reductase, catalyzes the oxidation of androsterone with NAD+ to form androstanedione and NADH...
- Potentiation of myeloid differentiation by anti-inflammatory agents, by steroids and by retinoic acid involves a single intracellular target, probably an enzyme of the aldoketoreductase familyC M Bunce
Department of Immunology, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1311:189-98. 1996..3 alpha-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3 alpha-HSD) is another target of such 'anti-inflammatory agents'...
- Expression, purification and characterization of the rat luteal 20 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenaseJ Mao
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago 60612 7342, USA
Endocrinology 138:182-90. 1997The enzyme, rat ovarian 20 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (20 alpha HSD), plays a central role in luteolysis and parturition...
- Local synthesis and dual actions of progesterone in the nervous system: neuroprotection and myelinationMichael Schumacher
INSERM U488, 80 rue du General Leclerc, 94276 Kremlin Bicêtre, France
Growth Horm IGF Res 14:S18-33. 2004..Pregnenolone is converted to PROG by 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3beta-HSD)...
- Expression and functional consequences of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activity in human boneM S Cooper
Division of Medical Sciences, University of Birmingham, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Bone 27:375-81. 2000..tissues, glucocorticoid action is dependent upon the expression of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (11beta-HSD) isozymes, which interconvert active cortisol (F) and inactive cortisone (E)...
- Kinetics of allopregnanolone formation catalyzed by human 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type III (AKR1C2)John W Trauger
Department of Molecular Neuroscience, Merck Research Laboratories, 3535 General Atomics Court, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Biochemistry 41:13451-9. 2002..in vivo have been extensively studied, there has been little characterization of the kinetics of human 3alpha-HSD catalyzed allopregnanolone formation...
- Functional expression, purification, and characterization of 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/carbonyl reductase from Comamonas testosteroniE Maser
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Medicine, Philipps University of Marburg, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 272:622-8. 20003alpha-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3alpha-HSD) catalyzes the oxidoreduction at carbon 3 of steroid hormones and is postulated to initiate the complete mineralization of the steroid nucleus to CO(2) and H(2)O in Comamonas testosteroni...
- Changes in the activities of hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases in mouse oocytes during meiotic maturationSueo Niimura
Faculty of Agriculture, Niigata University, Japan
J Reprod Dev 49:451-6. 2003..In mouse oocytes 0 h after human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG) injection, the activities of Delta(5)-3beta-HSD (with DHA, pregnenolone and 17alpha-hydroxypregnenolone as the substrates), 17beta-HSD (estradiol-17beta and ..
- The role of 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase in the pathogenesis of hypertensionS H van Uum
Department of Medicine, St Radboud University Hospital, University of Nijmegen, Netherlands
Cardiovasc Res 38:16-24. 1998The two 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (11 beta-HSD) isozymes catalyze the interconversion of cortisol and cortisone...
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors directly alter activity of neurosteroidogenic enzymesL D Griffin
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, Box 0556, San Francisco, CA 94143 0556, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:13512-7. 1999..by 5alpha-reductase, and by reduction to allopregnanolone, mediated by 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3alpha-HSD)...
- Full induction of rat myometrial 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 in late pregnancy is dependent on intrauterine occupancyB J Waddell
Department of Anatomy and Human Biology, The University of Western Australia, Nedlands, Perth, Western Australia 6907, Australia
Biol Reprod 62:1005-9. 2000The 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (11beta-HSD-1) enzyme catalyses the conversion of the biologically inert glucocorticoid 11-dehydrocorticosterone to active corticosterone (11-oxoreductase activity) in vivo, and it is ..
- Threonine-insensitive homoserine dehydrogenase from soybean: genomic organization, kinetic mechanism, and in vivo activityAmy C Schroeder
Department of Biology, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63130, USA
J Biol Chem 285:827-34. 2010Aspartate kinase (AK) and homoserine dehydrogenase (HSD) function as key regulatory enzymes at branch points in the aspartate amino acid pathway and are feedback-inhibited by threonine...
- Modulation of 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 in mature human subcutaneous adipocytes by hypothalamic messengersMark Friedberg
Pediatric and Reproductive Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:385-93. 2003Glucocorticoids are regulated at the prereceptor level by 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (11 beta-HSD), which interconverts inactive cortisone and active cortisol...
- Phytoestrogens inhibit aromatase but not 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (HSD) type 1 in human granulosa-luteal cells: evidence for FSH induction of 17beta-HSDS A Whitehead
Department of Physiology, St George s Hospital Medical School, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 0RE, UK
Hum Reprod 18:487-94. 2003..inhibit the enzymes that convert androgens to estrogens, namely aromatase and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (HSD) type 1 and type 5...
- The N-terminal anchor sequences of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases determine their orientation in the endoplasmic reticulum membraneA Odermatt
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of Berne, 3010 Berne, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 274:28762-70. 199911beta-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase enzymes (11beta- HSD) regulate the ratio of active endogenous glucocorticoids to their inactive keto-metabolites, thereby controlling the access of glucocorticoids to their cognate receptors...
- Identification of the oxidative 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activity of rat Leydig cells as type II retinol dehydrogenaseD O Hardy
Population Council and The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Endocrinology 141:1608-17. 2000..17beta-diol (3alpha-DIOL) by the reductive activity of 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3alpha-HSD), and 3) conversion of 3alpha-DIOL by an oxidative 3alpha-HSD activity...
- Human types 1 and 3 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases: differential lability and tissue distributionI Dufort
Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Research Center, Laval University Medical Center CHUL and Laval University, Quebec G1V 4G2, Canada
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:841-6. 2001..The best known 3 alpha-HSD activity is the transformation of the most potent natural androgen, dihydrotestosterone, into 5 alpha-androstan-3 ..
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma ligands inhibit adipocyte 11beta -hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 expression and activityJ Berger
Department of Molecular Endocrinology, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, New Jersey 07065, USA
J Biol Chem 276:12629-35. 2001..In adipocytes, the enzyme 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (11beta-HSD-1) converts inactive cortisone into the active glucocorticoid cortisol and thereby plays an important role in ..
- Characterization of yeast homoserine dehydrogenase, an antifungal target: the invariant histidine 309 is important for enzyme integrityS L Jacques
Antimicrobisl Research Center, Departmentof Biochemistry, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ont, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1544:28-41. 2001Fungal homoserine dehydrogenase (HSD) is required for the biosynthesis of threonine, isoleucine and methionine from aspartic acid, and is a target for antifungal agents...
- Improved lipid and lipoprotein profile, hepatic insulin sensitivity, and glucose tolerance in 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 null miceN M Morton
Molecular Endocrinology, Molecular Medicine Centre, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Crewe Rd S, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 276:41293-300. 2001..11beta-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (11beta-HSD-1) catalyzes conversion of circulating inert 11-dehydrocorticosterone into active corticosterone, thus amplifying ..
- The effect of obesity on the ratio of type 3 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase mRNA to cytochrome P450 aromatase mRNA in subcutaneous abdominal and intra-abdominal adipose tissue of womenA M Corbould
Department of Medicine, Flinders University of South Australia, Bedford Park, South Australia, Australia
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 26:165-75. 2002To investigate (1) whether type 3 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (17beta-HSD), the enzyme which catalyzes the conversion of androstenedione to testosterone in the testis, is co-expressed with P450aromatase in the preadipocytes of ..
- Effects of polychlorinated biphenyl (Aroclor 1254) on steroidogenesis and antioxidant system in cultured adult rat Leydig cellsPalaniappan Murugesan
Department of Endocrinology, Dr ALM Post Graduate Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Madras, Taramani Campus, Chennai 600 113, India
J Endocrinol 192:325-38. 2007..method and the purity of Leydig cells was also determined by 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3beta-HSD) staining method...
- Localization of type 1 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase mRNA and protein in syncytiotrophoblasts and invasive cytotrophoblasts in the human term villiM Bonenfant
Laboratory of Ontogeny and Reproduction, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Pavillon CHUL, Canada G1V 4G2
J Endocrinol 165:217-22. 2000..The placental type 1 17beta-HSD enzyme (E17beta-HSD) catalyzes the reduction of the low activity estrogen, estrone, into the potent estrogen, ..
- Species differences in the ovarian distribution of 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/delta5-->4 isomerase (3beta-HSD) in two marsupials: the brushtail possum Trichosurus vulpecula and the grey, short-tailed opossum Monodelphis domesticaS L Ullmann
Division of Environmental and Evolutionary Biology, Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, UK
Reproduction 125:65-73. 2003..distribution of the steroidogenic enzyme 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/delta(5-->4) isomerase (3beta-HSD) was investigated by immunocytochemistry in two marsupial species throughout the reproductive cycle, using a rabbit ..
- Gene expression profiling during spermatogenesis in early maturing male Atlantic salmon parr testesGersende Maugars
Department of Wildlife, Fish and Environmental Studies, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, SE 901 83 Umea, Sweden
Gen Comp Endocrinol 159:178-87. 2008..side-chain cleavage enzyme (P450scc), 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/Delta(5)-Delta(4)-isomerase (3beta-HSD), cytochrome P450 17alpha-hydroxylase/17,20-lyase (P450c17), cytochrome P450 11beta-hydroxylase (P45011beta) and ..
- Cryopreservation of rat Leydig cells for in vitro and in vivo studiesJ Tai
Department of Pathology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Horm Metab Res 26:145-7. 1994..The viability of these cells was further confirmed by the demonstration of 3 beta-HSD positive cells under the kidney capsule of rats isografted with cryopreserved Leydig cells...
- Spontaneous cystic keratinizing epithelioma in the lung of a Sprague-Dawley ratS Rittinghausen
Fraunhofer Institute of Toxicology and Aerosol Research, Department of Histology, Hannover, Germany
Toxicol Pathol 26:298-300. 1998A spontaneous cystic keratinizing epithelioma in the lung of a 704-day-old female Hsd:Sprague-Dawley rat is described. The rat had a white subpleural discoloration on 1 diaphragmatic lobe at necropsy...
- Steroid biosynthesis in human adrenal tumorsS Malozowski
Developmental Endocrinology Branch, NICHD, Bethesda, Maryland
Horm Metab Res 19:386-8. 1987..underlying these differences, we studied the in vitro activities of 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3 beta-HSD), 17-hydroxylase (17-OH), 21-hydroxylase (21-OH), and 17-20 desmolase (17, 20-D) in 6 adrenal tumors, 4 adenomas ..
- Detection of human 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase isoforms using reverse-transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction and localization of the type 2 isoform to renal collecting ductsC B Whorwood
Wolfson Research Laboratories, University of Birmingham, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, UK
Mol Cell Endocrinol 110:R7-12. 199511 beta-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (11 beta-HSD), responsible for the interconversion of hormonally active cortisol to inactive cortisone, dictates specificity for the mineralocorticoid receptor (MR) in the distal nephron and colon...
- Localization of 2 11beta-OH steroid dehydrogenase isoforms in aortic endothelial cellsA S Brem
Brown University School of Medicine, and Rhode Island Hospital, Providence 02903, USA
Hypertension 31:459-62. 199811Beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (11beta-HSD) is expressed in vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMC) but has not been reported to be present in vascular endothelial cells...
- 17Beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases in human bone cellsY Dong
Institute of Bone and Joint Disorders and Cancer, Bayer Corporation, West Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
J Bone Miner Res 13:1539-46. 1998..Significant 17beta-HSD activity was detected in cell-free extracts of all bone cells with oxidation of estradiol to estrone predominating ..
- Effects of in utero and lactational exposure to 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) on serum androgens and steroidogenic enzyme activities in the male rat reproductive tractG M Cooke
Health Canada, and Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Ottawa, Banting Research Centre, Ont
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 67:347-54. 1998..05). At 45 d of age, the same treatment resulted in testicular 3beta-HSD, 17beta-HSD and 5alpha-reductase activities that were significantly greater (P < 0...
- C/EBP regulates hepatic transcription of 11beta -hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1. A novel mechanism for cross-talk between the C/EBP and glucocorticoid signaling pathwaysL J Williams
Molecular Endocrinology Group, University of Edinburgh, Molecular Medicine Centre, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 275:30232-9. 2000Glucocorticoid action within individual cells is potently modulated by 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (11beta-HSD), which, by interconverting active and inert glucocorticoids, determines steroid access to receptors...
- Gene structure, chromosomal localization and analysis of 3-ketosteroid reductase activity of the human 3(alpha-->beta)-hydroxysteroid epimeraseX F Huang
Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Research Center, Laval University Hospital Center CHUL and Laval University, 2705 Laurier Boulevard, G1V 4G2, Sainte Foy, QC, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1520:124-30. 2001..It has been known that, in vitro, 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3beta-HSD) shows both oxidative and reductive activity...
- Pathophysiology of modulation of local glucocorticoid levels by 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenasesT C Sandeep
Endocrinology Unit, Dept of Medical Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK EH4 2XU
Trends Endocrinol Metab 12:446-53. 2001..Two isozymes have been identified: 11beta HSD type 1 is a predominant reductase, reactivating glucocorticoids from inert metabolites, whereas 11beta HSD type 2 ..
- The 3alpha-hydroxy-steroid-dehydrogenase-mRNA and -protein are more prevalent in pericentral than in periportal hepatocytesUlrich Baumgartner
Department of General Surgery, University of Freiburg, Germany
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 15:509-13. 2003..In the rat, 3alpha-hydroxy-steroid-dehydrogenase (3alpha-HSD) is the major bile acid-binding protein...
- Cell shape and gene expression in human intervertebral disc cells: in vitro tissue engineering studiesH E Gruber
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Carolinas Medical Center, P O Box 32861, Charlotte, North Carolina 28232, USA
Biotech Histochem 78:109-17. 2003..This information is useful for future tissue engineering studies that have the challenging goal of selectively modulating gene expression...
- Proplatelet formation of megakaryocytes is triggered by autocrine-synthesized estradiolYuka Nagata
Recognition and Formation, Precursory Research for Embryonic Science and Technology, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, Japan
Genes Dev 17:2864-9. 2003..We demonstrate that a key enzyme for steroid hormone biosynthesis, 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3beta-HSD), is a target of p45 NF-E2, and rescues PPF of p45 NF-E2-deficient megakaryocytes...
- Neurosteroidogenesis in oligodendrocytes and Purkinje neurones of cerebellar cortex of dogsM Yarim
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Kirikkale, 71450 Yahsihan, Kirikkale, Turkey
Anat Histol Embryol 33:151-4. 2004..These neurones express 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3 beta-HSD), P450 side-chain cleavage (P450scc), 17 alpha-hydroxylase/c17, 20lyase (P450c17), P450 aromatase (P450arom) and ..
- Effects of galectin-1 on regulation of progesterone production in granulosa cells from pig ovaries in vitroHermann Walzel
University of Rostock, Institute of Medical Biochemistry and Molecularbiology, Schillingallee 70, 18057 Rostock, Germany
Glycobiology 14:871-81. 2004..Strongly reduced mRNA levels were recorded for P450(SCC) and 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/isomerase (3beta-HSD) when FSH-stimulated granulosa cells were cultured in the presence of gal-1...
- Expression of 17beta- and 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases and steroidogenic acute regulatory protein in non-luteinizing bovine granulosa cells in vitroM Sahmi
Centre de Recherche en Reproduction Animale, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, St Hyacinthe, Que, Canada J2S 7C6
Mol Cell Endocrinol 223:43-54. 2004..differentiation in vitro also involves increased expression of 3beta- and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases (HSD) in the absence of steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) expression, as has been observed in vivo...
- Use of 11alpha-deuterium labeled cortisol as a tracer for assessing reduced 11beta-HSD2 activity in vivo following glycyrrhetinic acid ingestion in a human subjectYasuji Kasuya
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, 1432 1 Horinouchi, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0392, Japan
Steroids 70:117-25. 2005..evaluation of the individual in vivo activities of the two isozymes of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (11beta-HSD), 11beta-HSD1 and 11beta-HSD2, and to demonstrate the sensitivity of changes in cortisol elimination half-life for ..
- Influence of curing method and storage condition on microhardness of dual-cure resin cementsRena Shimura
Cariology and Operative Dentistry, Department of Restorative Sciences, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Dent Mater J 24:70-5. 2005..The data (n = 6) were statistically analyzed with t-test, two-way ANOVA (p < 0.05), and Tukey HSD test (alpha = .05)...
- Modulation by dietary sodium intake of melanocortin 3 receptor mRNA and protein abundance in the rat kidneyXi Ping Ni
Division of Nephrology, San Francisco General Hospital, California, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 290:R560-7. 2006..its concentration in plasma and pituitary POMC mRNA abundance, increase in rats ingesting a high-sodium diet (HSD, 8% NaCl) compared with a low-sodium diet (LSD, 0.07% NaCl)...
- Characteristics and inhibition by flavonoids of 20alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activity in mouse tissuesHideaki Shimada
Faculty of Education, Kumamoto University, 2 40 1, Kurokami, Kumamoto 860 8555, Japan
Life Sci 78:2931-6. 2006..mice, indicating that the reduction of progesterone is catalyzed by 20alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (20alpha-HSD). The cytosolic 20alpha-HSD activity was observed not only in the liver, but also in the kidney and lung...
- Improved homogeneous proximity-based screening assay of potential inhibitors of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenasesLeena Kokko
Department of Biotechnology, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Assay Drug Dev Technol 4:671-8. 2006..resonance energy transfer-based immunoassay for 17beta-estradiol in screening of potential inhibitors of 17beta-HSD type 1 (17beta-HSD-1)...
- Expression of androgen receptor and 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase in corpora lutea during pregnancy in the ratM Szołtys
Laboratory of Endocrinology and Tissue Culture, Institute of Zoology, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Reprod Fertil Dev 19:356-65. 2007Immunoexpression of androgen receptor (AR) and 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3beta-HSD) was investigated in three generations of corpora lutea (CLs), found in the ovaries of rats on Days 1, 2, 5, 9, 14 and 20 of pregnancy...
- Nicotine-induced prenatal overexposure to maternal glucocorticoid and intrauterine growth retardation in ratMan Chen
Department of Pharmacology, Basic Medical School of Wuhan University, Donghu Road 115 Hubei Province Wuhan 430071, China
Exp Toxicol Pathol 59:245-51. 2007..P450 cholesterol side chain cleavage (P450scc) and placental 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 (11 beta-HSD-2) were determined using real-time quantitative RT-PCR...
- Down-regulation of neurosteroid biosynthesis in corticolimbic circuits mediates social isolation-induced behavior in miceRoberto C Agis-Balboa
Psychiatric Institute, Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1601 West Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:18736-41. 2007..action of two enzymes: 5alpha-reductase type I (5alpha-RI) and 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3alpha-HSD)...
- Expression of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases and other estrogen-metabolizing enzymes in different cancer cell linesT Smuc
Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Biochemistry, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Chem Biol Interact 178:228-33. 2009..Here, we have examined gene expression levels of estrogen-metabolizing enzymes, as six SDRs (17beta-HSD types 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 12) and one AKR (17beta-HSD type 5; AKR1C3), of aromatase, steroid sulfatase (STS) and ..
- Strain-related differences in urine composition of male rats of potential relevance to urolithiasisSarah H Tannehill-Gregg
Bristol Myers Squibb Research and Development, Department of Drug Safety Evaluation, Mount Vernon, Indiana, USA
Toxicol Pathol 37:293-305. 2009..with PPAR gamma and alpha/gamma agonists, urinary bladder tumors have been reported in Harlan Sprague-Dawley (HSD) and Charles River Sprague-Dawley (SD) but not Wistar (WI) rats, with urolithiasis purported to be the inciting ..
- Diet and the role of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-1 on obesityEdra London
Department of Nutrition and Food Science, University of Maryland, MD 20742, USA
J Nutr Biochem 20:485-93. 200911beta-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-1 (11beta-HSD-1) is a key regulatory enzyme in glucocorticoid metabolism, specifically in regulating intracellular concentrations of cortisol, the primary glucocorticoid...
- Immunohistochemical localization and biological activity of 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and 5alpha-reductase in the brain of the frog, Rana esculenta, during developmentFederica Bruzzone
Department of Biology, University of Genova, Viale Benedetto XV 5, 16132 Genova, Italy
J Chem Neuroanat 39:35-50. 2010..describe the immunohistochemical distribution and biological activity of 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3beta-HSD) and 5alpha-reductase (5alpha-R) in the brain of the European green frog, Rana esculenta, during larval development...
- Binary and ternary crystal structure analyses of a novel inhibitor with 17beta-HSD type 1: a lead compound for breast cancer therapyMausumi Mazumdar
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology and Oncology, CHUL Research Center Centre Hospitalier de Université Laval, CHUQ and Laval University, Quebec, Canada, G1V 4G2
Biochem J 424:357-66. 2009..Such inhibitors that block oestrogen synthesis to suppress the sulfatase pathway producing oestradiol can be used in adjuvant therapies with oestrogen receptor blockade, opening a new orientation of breast cancer treatment...
- Influence of adhesive application time on enamel bond strength of single-step self-etch adhesive systemsHiroaki Tsuchiya
Nihon University School of Dentistry, Department of Operative Dentistry, Tokyo, Japan
Oper Dent 35:77-83. 2010..0 mm/minute. One-way ANOVA and the Tukey HSD test (alpha = 0.05) were performed within each adhesive system...
- Dynamic viscoelastic properties of experimental silicone soft lining materialsWallapat Santawisuk
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Srinakharinwirot University, Bangkok, Thailand
Dent Mater J 29:454-60. 2010..One-way ANOVA and Tukey's HSD test results indicated that the prepared silicone elastomers provided a significantly greater damping factor, but ..
- Inhibitory effects of epidermal growth factor on progesterone production of ovarian granulosa cells in Tsaiya duck (Anas platyrhynchos var. domestica)C H Chiu
Department of Animal Science and Technology, Laboratory of Animal Physiology, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Br Poult Sci 51:821-7. 2010..concentrations of cytochrome P450 side-chain cleavage (P450scc) enzyme, 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3β-HSD) enzyme and steroid acute regulatory (StAR) protein expression, when the cells were co-treated with EGF and oLH. 7...
- Identification of a new steroid degrading bacterial strain H5 from the Baltic Sea and isolation of two estradiol inducible genesYingying Sang
Institute of Toxicology and Pharmacology for Natural Scientists, University Medical School Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Kiel, Germany
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 129:22-30. 2012..6-EGFP3 containing the estrogen-inducible gene 3α-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/carbonyl reductase (3α-HSD/CR) from Comamonas testosteroni (C. testosteroni) was created as a positive control...
- Effects of ethinylestradiol and of an environmentally relevant mixture of xenoestrogens on steroidogenic gene expression and specific transcription factors in zebrafishR Urbatzka
Laboratory of Cellular, Molecular and Analytical Studies LECEMA, Interdisciplinary Centre of Marine and Environmental Research CIIMAR, CIMAR Associated Laboratory CIMAR LA, University of Porto U Porto, Rua dos Bragas 289, 4050 123 Porto, Portugal
Environ Pollut 164:28-35. 2012..Significant differences in the response of FSHβ, cypa19a2, 20β-HSD were observed between EE2 and Mix...
- Oligomerization and negative autoregulation of the LysR-type transcriptional regulator HsdR from Comamonas testosteroniWenjie Gong
Institute of Toxicology and Pharmacology for Natural Scientists, University Medical School, Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Brunswiker Strasse 10, D 24105 Kiel, Germany
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 132:203-11. 2012..HsdR activates the expression of the hsdA gene, encoding 3α-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/carbonyl reductase (3α-HSD/CR), which is an important enzyme involved in the degradation of steroid compounds...
- In vitro biocompatibility tests of glass ionomer cements impregnated with collagen or bioactive glass to fibroblastsC Subbarao
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Saveetha Dental College and Hospitals, Saveetha University, Chennai, India
J Clin Pediatr Dent 36:269-74. 2012..Phase contrast and scanning electron microscopes were used to score cell quantity, morphology and cell attachment. The data were statistically analyzed by one way ANOVA with Post Hoc Tukey HSD test (p = 0.05).
- Caffeine-induced activated glucocorticoid metabolism in the hippocampus causes hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis inhibition in fetal ratsDan Xu
Department of Pharmacology, Basic Medical School of Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
PLoS ONE 7:e44497. 2012..maternal and fetal blood CORT and decreased the expression of placental 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-2 (11β-HSD-2)...
- Effect of age, gender and body mass index on visual and auditory reaction times in Indian populationLalita H Nikam
Department of Physiology, Seth G S Medical College and K E M Hospital, Mumbai 400 012
Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 56:94-9. 2012..Statistical analysis of the data by one-way ANOVA and post-hoc by Tukey-HSD test showed that BMI, VRT and ART were significantly higher in old than young individuals...
- Effects of norepinephrine and acetylcholine on the development of cultured Leydig cells in miceShuying Huo
College of Animal Science and Technology, Agricultural University of Hebei, Baoding 071001, China
J Biomed Biotechnol 2012:503093. 2012..showed that NE and Ach at 10 μM significantly increased the number of 3β-hydroxysteroid-dehydrogenase- (3β-HSD-) positive Leydig cells and improved the expression of proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) in Leydig cells on ..
- The increased number of Leydig cells by di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate comes from the differentiation of stem cells into Leydig cell lineage in the adult rat testisJingjing Guo
Institute of Reproductive Biomedicine and the 2nd Affiliated Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, Zhejiang 325000, PR China
Toxicology 306:9-15. 2013..post-EDS, as judged by undetectable serum testosterone level and no 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase positive (3β-HSD(pos)) cells in the interstitium...
- Major enzymes controlling the androgenic pressure in the developing lungYves Tremblay
Reproduction Axis, Perinatal and Child Health, Rm T 1 49, CHUQ Research Center, Canada Department of Obstetrics Gynecology and Reproduction, Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada Centre de Recherche en Biologie de la Reproduction CRBR, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada Electronic address
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 137:93-8. 2013..and inactivation by AKR1C3/Akr1c6 (human/mouse 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases (HSDs) type 5) and HSD17B2 (17β-HSD type 2), respectively, play an important role in the developing lung...
- Bone marrow mononuclear cell angiogenic competency is suppressed by a high-salt dietJamie R Karcher
Biotechnology and Bioengineering Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin and
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 306:C123-31. 2014..we have shown that skeletal muscle angiogenesis induced by electrical stimulation is impaired by a high-salt diet (HSD; 4% NaCl) in Sprague-Dawley (SD) rats...
- Taurine reverses endosulfan-induced oxidative stress and apoptosis in adult rat testisHamdy A A Aly
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Al Azhar University, Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt Electronic address
Food Chem Toxicol 64:1-9. 2014..Endosulfan significantly decreased the level of serum testosterone and testicular 3β-HSD, 17β-HSD, G6PDH and LDH-X...
- Expression of 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase isoforms in canine adrenal glands treated with trilostaneTakahiro Teshima
Laboratory of Veterinary Internal Medicine, School of Veterinary Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Science, Nippon Veterinary and Life Science University, 1 7 1 Kyonan cho, Musashino shi, Tokyo 180 8602, Japan Electronic address
Vet J 200:452-5. 2014..and it has been postulated that trilostane might have effects on 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (11β-HSD) in dogs...
- Subdominant hierarchical ovarian follicles are needed for steroidogenesis and ovulation in laying hens (Gallus domesticus)P L Rangel
Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Facultad de Medicina Veterinaria y Zootecnia, Av Universidad 3000, Col UNAM, CU CP 04510, Mexico City, Mexico Electronic address
Anim Reprod Sci 147:144-53. 2014..Extraction of F4-F6 follicles caused a significant reduction in StAR and 3β-HSD expressions within theca, but not in granulosa cells...
- MOLECULAR STRUCTURE OF STEROIDSWilliam Duax; Fiscal Year: 2001..the basis for hypertension, and neoplasia (bacterial 3alpha, 20beta- hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, 3alpha,20beta-HSD; porcine 20beta- hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, 20beta-HSD; human 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, 17beta-HSD; ..
- CORTISOL MODULATION BY OXIDOREDUCTASE INHIBITORSHugo Villar; Fiscal Year: 2005..Elevated expression of 11 beta- HSD-1 in these target tissues has been shown to be a contributing factor in obesity, insulin resistance, hyperglycemia ..
- MOLECULAR STUDIES OF A KEY BILE ACID METABOLIZING ENZYMEAndrew Stolz; Fiscal Year: 1993..previously identified that the interactions of bile acids with the cytosolic 3 alpha hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases (HSD) is an important determinant in their ultimate uptake and excretion by hepatocytes...
- HUMAN PROSTATIC 3A HYDROXYSTEROID DEHYDROGENASEHsueh Kung Lin; Fiscal Year: 2002..We have obtained type 2 and type 3 3a-HSD cDNAs expressed in human prostate and overexpressed the enzymes in E. coli...
- MECHANISMS AND CHEMISTRY OF DEHYDROGENASE INACTIVATORSDOUGLAS COVEY; Fiscal Year: 1992Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases (HSD)s constitute an important class of steroid metabolizing enzymes...
- ENDOCRINOLOGY OF 17BETA-HYDROXYSTEROID DEHYDROGENASESA Andersson; Fiscal Year: 2000..Over the last four years, we isolated and characterized cDNAs and genes that encode two distinct isozymes of 17beta-HSD, designated type 2 and type 3, the biochemical properties and tissue distributions of which are different and ..
- Nima Sharifi; Fiscal Year: 2016..the current working model and suggests that 3[unreadable]-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/isomerase (3[unreadable]HSD) is a critical point of regulation in the synthesis of DHT and development of CRPC...
- ENDOTHELIAL DERIVED STEROID SIGNALS AND TISSUE STRUCTURESIMON SLIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2002..In vivo specificity of MR is conferred by 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (11 beta-HSD) which metabolizes GC to 11-ketosteroids...
- TYPE II 3BETA HSD GENE--REGULATION OF DHEAS SYNTHESISPeter Hornsby; Fiscal Year: 2009..of the ZR cell that causes DHEA synthesis is its low expression of 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3beta-HSD)...
- Rita Basu; Fiscal Year: 2016..This suggests that generation of cortisol via the 11 2-HSD type 1 pathway may be an important regulator of hepatic insulin action...
- Nima Sharifi; Fiscal Year: 2016..alters the landscape of potential drug targets and suggests that 3?-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/isomerase (3?HSD) is a potentially important and viable pharmacologic target...
- The Molecular Basis of Ovarian Testosterone ProductionRobert Rosenfield; Fiscal Year: 2004..Testosterone biosynthesis from androstenedione is carried out by androgenic 17b-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (17B-HSD) activity...
- MECHANISMS OF INFERTILITY IN ENDOMETRIOSISSerdar Bulun; Fiscal Year: 2002..of aromatase and cyclo-oxygenase (COX)-2 and the deficiency of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 (17beta-HSD-2) in endometriosis (in comparison with the eutopic endometrium) give rise to elevated local levels of estradiol, ..
- Rosalind J Wright; Fiscal Year: 2015..aims we will examine whether DNA methylation in candidate genes related to the neuro-endocrine response (GR, 11-2 HSD, BDNF);ANS function (NET, BDNF);and inflammation (iNOS, TNF1) are associated with physiological correlates of ..
- GABA-active neurosteroids in contextual fear responsesGraziano Pinna; Fiscal Year: 2011..neurons by the sequential action of 51-reductase type I (51-RI) and 31- hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (31-HSD)...
- Laura R Stroud; Fiscal Year: 2016..of maternal-placental HPA dysregulation (maternal cortisol, placental 112 hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 (112 HSD 2) gene expression), and between these markers and infant neurobehavioral deficits...
- Cortisol Regulation in PCOSBETHANY J KLOPFENSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..HPA) axis and locally in adipose tissue by the enzyme 11 betahydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (HSD 1) in women with PCOS and controls...
- Robert W McCarley; Fiscal Year: 2016..We use an animal model in our quest to understand the mechanisms mediating the homeostatic sleep drive (HSD), the drive that mediates the sleepiness following sleep loss or sleep deprivation (SD)...
- IVETTE M FREYTES; Fiscal Year: 2014..will be made between simple or main effects of racial/ethnic groups and Veterans and their SOs using Tukey's HSD. Qualitative. The subsequent phase will address questions 3 and 4...
- ETIOLOGY, HORMONAL CRITERIA OF 3 BETA HSD DEFICIENCYSongya Pang; Fiscal Year: 2002DESCRIPTION: (adapted from the applicants abstract) The clinical spectrum of 3b-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3b-HSD) deficiency (def) congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH) ranges from the severe form manifesting ambiguous genitalia, salt-..
- Danny Bluestein; Fiscal Year: 2014..using cutting edge numerical simulation techniques, and will be interfaced to a Hemodynamic Shearing Device (HSD) that emulates the hemodynamics within the device- in which the potential of the device to promote blood clotting ..
- INHIBITION OF 3A HSD BY ANTI-INFLAMMATORY DRUGSTREVOR PENNING; Fiscal Year: 1991The homogeneous 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3 alpha-HSD) of rat liver cytosol is potently inhibited at its active site by nonsteroidal and steroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDS and SAIDS)...
- ENDOGENOUS MECHANISMS REGULATING AIRWAY INFLAMMATIONRobert Schleimer; Fiscal Year: 2003..results indicate that the response of human airway epithelial cells to glucocorticoids is regulated by (11beta-HSD), a glucocorticoid-degrading enzyme which is highly expressed in airway epithelial cells...
- GROWTH FACTOR CONTROL OF OVARIAN ANDROGEN BIOSYNTHESISDenis Magoffin; Fiscal Year: 2001..interactions between IGF-I and SCF with respect to stimulating thecal expression of LH receptor, P450/SCC, 3beta-HSD, P450/17alpha mRNAs and androgen biosynthesis...
- Renal and Hormonal Mechanisms of Perinatal ProgrammingLORI WOODS; Fiscal Year: 2005..maternal glucocorticoids may play an important role, in part by reduced activity of a placental enzyme (11beta-HSD) which is thought to protect the fetus from maternal steroids...
- ENDOTHELIAL MATRIX IN ATHEROGENESISKevin Williams; Fiscal Year: 2001..a molecular approach, we have cloned, sequenced, and expressed the human cDNA for chondroitin-6-sulfotransferase (C6ST), the key enzyme in C6S biosynthesis...
- Optimizing Cardiovascular Devices Thrombogenicity for Eliminating AnticoagulationDanny Bluestein; Fiscal Year: 2009..numerical flow modeling in devices that will be programmed into a computer-controlled Hemodynamic Shearing Device (HSD) capable of emulating device hemodynamics with great accuracy, and measure thrombogenicity using an innovative ..
- CHEMISTRY OF FOLATE AND PTERIDINE COENZYMESJOHN WHITELEY; Fiscal Year: 2000..members of the SDR family for investigation (human 3-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase delta-5,4-isomerase (3-beta-HSD), 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (PGDH), sepiapterin reductase ((SPR) and a PTR1 protein from Leischmania) ..
- CONTROL MECHANISMS IN ADRENAL STEROIDOGENESISLEONARD SAUER; Fiscal Year: 1980..The research will focus on 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/isomerase (HSD), an enzyme which we have shown to have a dual mitochondrial and microsomal localization and with a pregnenolone-..
- Symposium on Aldo-Keto Reductases & Toxicant MetabolismTREVOR PENNING; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Multistage CarcinogenesisTREVOR PENNING; Fiscal Year: 2006..By studying the discrete molecular events responsible for the causation of cancer this Program may lead to the early prevention and intervention of this disease. ..
- DIHYDRODIOL DEHYDROGENASE GENE REGULATIONTREVOR PENNING; Fiscal Year: 1999DESCRIPTION: In this renewal application, the cloning of the rat 3a- HSD/DD gene will be completed. Sequence upstream (-4.0 kb) to the strong distal enhancer will be obtained...
- PLACENTAL 3 BETA-HYDROXYSTEROID DEHYDROGENASE/ISOMERASEJames Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2003..define the reaction mechanisms of human type I 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/steroid 5-4-ene-isomerase (3beta-HSD/isomerase) by relating function to structure...
- Placental 3B-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase/IsomeraseJames Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2008..relationships of human type 1 and type 2 3[unreadable]-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/isomerase (3[unreadable]-HSD 1 and 3[unreadable]-HSD2)...
- Gene Interactions, Estrogen, and Risk of Breast CancerKathleen Egan; Fiscal Year: 2006..Genes included in this proposal are involved at key branch points in estrogen synthesis (STAR, CYP11A1, HSD 3B, CYP17, CYP19, HSD17B , TNF, IL6, PPAR G, STS), in steroid signaling (ESR1, ESR2, PGR, SHBG, AIB1), and in ..
- NEUROPEPTIDE-STEROID INTERACTIONS IN THE CNSPaul Micevych; Fiscal Year: 2003..These experiments will not only tell us about the actions of steroids in specific circuits, but they will also provide important information about the interactions of neuropeptide circuits regulating behavior. ..
- Treatment of Endometriosis with NA vs GnRH AgonistOzgul Muneyyirci Delale; Fiscal Year: 2008..The objectives will be compared between the group at 12, 24 and 52 weeks of treatment and at 6 month intervals during the follow-up period. ..
- Northeast Under/Grad Research Organization for NeuroscienceCheryl Frye; Fiscal Year: 2008..Both of these outcomes are congruous with the Public Health Service's mission to ensure that there is a resource of well-trained scientists and health-care providers in the United States. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Adrenal decommissioning and hypertensionElise Gomez Sanchez; Fiscal Year: 2007..Using similar protocols as those in Aim 1, we will study and compare the process of adrenal decommissioning between SHR-SP and regular SHR rats with emphasis of the ZG genes identified as important in Aim 1. ..
- MECHANISMS OF CELL INJURY IN BURN COMPLICATED BY SEPSISDeborah Carlson; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed work focuses on five specific aims to increase our understanding of the cellular events involved in burn and sepsis-related myocardial injury. ..
- ALDOSTERONE, HYPERTENSION AND THE BRAINElise Gomez Sanchez; Fiscal Year: 2003..4) Study of the metabolism of aldosterone and corticosterone and the regulation of the synthesis of low polarity derivatives in the brain, including the identification of the sites of formation of aldosterone acyl esters. ..
- Breast Cancer-Proximal Stroma Interaction & AromataseSerdar E Bulun; Fiscal Year: 2010..noncarrier controls. Proposed studies may lead to new pilot trials of treatment and prevention using p38/JNK inhibitors in BRCA1 mutation carriers. ..
- SMITH-LEMLI-OPITZ SYNDROME STEROIDOGENESISCedric Shackleton; Fiscal Year: 2002..Finally, if ring B dehydrosteroids are produced, is the ratio of the individual dehydrometabolites to corresponding conventional metabolites related to the dehydrocholesterol to cholesterol ratio and clinical severity? ..
- REELIN DEFICIENCY--MODEL FOR SCHIZOPHRENIA VULNERABILITYAlessandro Guidotti; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- SPECTROSCOPY OF BIOMEMBRANE MONOLAYERSRichard Dluhy; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- SWAN Sleep Study II - Michigan CenterMaryFran Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results can inform primary prevention of adverse health outcomes due to the menopause-related sleep disturbances. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- REDUCTASE INTERACTIONS GOVERNING AROMATASE ACTIVITIESAlan Conley; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- The Role of Osteocyte Survival in Bone StrengthRobert Weinstein; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed research plan will reveal the role of osteocyte survival in bone strength and how osteocytes achieve this objective. ..
- GENETICS AND INTERMITTENT MYOCARDIAL HYPOXIAJohn Baker; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Sex steroid, HPA regulation, and fat patterningJonathan Purnell; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- New Paradigms of P450-mediated Steroids MetabolismAlan Conley; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR STRUCTURE OF STEROIDSWilliam Duax; Fiscal Year: 2006..Proof of the successful prediction of the structures of 20-30 hypothetical members of the SCOR proteome could provide a model for the prediction of protein folding on the basis of as little as 20% sequence homology. ..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF LOW RENIN HYPERTENSIONPerrin White; Fiscal Year: 2001..regulation and genetics of the kidney (K or type 2) isozyme of 11 Beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (11-HSD) and its gene (HSD11K)...
- ANTIGENIC VARIATION IN MYCOPLASMASKevin Dybvig; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- REGULATION OF HUMAN ALDOSTERONE SYNTHASEPerrin White; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies should provide insight into mechanisms underlying a genetic risk factor for cardiovascular disease. ..
- Structure and Regulation of Ghrelin in ObesityJonathan Q Purnell; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results from these studies will broaden our understanding of the brain-gut axis involved in body weight regulation by clarifying the regulation of ghrelin levels and structure in lean and obese individuals. ..
- MOLECULAR AND CELLULAR MECHANISMS OF HEART DISEASEHeinrich Taegtmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- CHRONIC HYPOXIA AND RESISTANCE TO MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIAJohn E Baker; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of these studies are expected to have an impact on our understanding of the biology of Tpo in heart and may lead to the development of new therapeutics for the treatment of myocardial infarction. ..
- Gas chromatograph-mass spectrometer with EI and CICedric Shackleton; Fiscal Year: 2003..g., malondialdehyde) and markers of DNA damage (incorporation of uracil). Dr Kuypers has several projects on the red cell membrane, which require profiling of fatty acids using EI GC/MS. ..
- Functions of Very Large G-protein Coupled Receptor-1Perrin White; Fiscal Year: 2008..We are specifically interested in the other proteins with very large ectodomains, protocadherin- 15 and cadherin-23. These studies should shed new light on mechanisms controlling development of the retina and inner ear. ..
- Developmental Neurotoxicity of Phthalate EstersBernard Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed research will examine this question in rats, and translate its implications into human relevance. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Effect of Hypertonic Resuscitation for Blunt TraumaEileen Bulger; Fiscal Year: 2005..5% hypertonic saline/6% dextran (HSD) followed by LR versus LR alone...
- Neurotoxic Interactions of Different Forms of MercuryBernard Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2007..The acquisition of these data offers a firm foundation for determining the risks to neurobehavioral development of concurrent exposures to both mercury species. ..
- Regulation of Testosterone Synthesis in TheCA cellsKenan Qin; Fiscal Year: 2007..This award will dedicate these five years to rigorous scientific, technical, and intellectual training such that Dr. Qin can ultimately develop into an independently productive physician-scientist. ..
- Estrogen Receptor-related Receptor Action in ZebrafishAnn Tarrant; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neural Analysis of Maternal AggressionSTEPHEN GAMMIE; Fiscal Year: 2006..Basic research into sex differences in aggression, then, is important to understanding the biological underpinnings of sex and gender differences in social behavior, health, and disease. ..
- Functional Status and the Menopause TransitionMaryFran R Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2010..Among the elderly, older women live longer, develop more chronic disease and experience more prolonged and severe disability than older men. ..
- DYNAMICS OF MYOCARDIAL GLUCOSE METABOLISMHeinrich Taegtmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Glucolipotoxicity and Cardiac Dysfunction in ObesityHeinrich Taegtmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Estrogen, Metabolism, Menopause, and Health OutcomesMaryFran Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2006..This is a unique opportunity to prospectively integrate lifestyle elements with measures of hormone metabolism pathways into a comprehensive examination of multiple human health effects. ..