Genomes and Genes
choline ethanolamine kinase
Gene Symbol: choline ethanolamine kinase
Description: choline kinase beta
Alias: CHETK, CHKL, CKB, CKEKB, EKB, MDCMC, choline/ethanolamine kinase, choline kinase-like protein, ethanolamine kinase beta
Products: choline ethanolamine kinase
- Zhou Y, Zhou Z, Batistel F, Martínez Cortés I, Pate R, Luchini D, et al. Methionine and choline supply alter transmethylation, transsulfuration, and cytidine 5'-diphosphocholine pathways to different extents in isolated primary liver cells from dairy cows. J Dairy Sci. 2018;101:11384-11395 pubmed publisher..The relevance of these data in vivo merit further study. ..
- Kong S, Lv T, Sun X, Yuan H, Zhong J, Li X, et al. Suppressing stathmin-l can inhibit chkl protein expression and reduce the invasion and tumorigenicity of cervical cancer cells. Eur J Gynaecol Oncol. 2017;38:271-276 pubmedThe purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of stathmin-l on chkl protein expression in cervical cancer cells and the influ- ences on the cells' invasion and tumorigenicity...
- Kular J, Tickner J, Pavlos N, Viola H, Abel T, Lim B, et al. Choline kinase Î² mutant mice exhibit reduced phosphocholine, elevated osteoclast activity, and low bone mass. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:1729-42 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data posit CHKB as a new modulator of bone homeostasis. ..
- Ling H, Lu L, He J, Xiao G, Jiang H, Su Q. Diallyl disulfide selectively causes checkpoint kinase-1 mediated G2/M arrest in human MGC803 gastric cancer cell line. Oncol Rep. 2014;32:2274-82 pubmed publisher..In the present study, the northern blot analysis showed that mRNA expression of for Chkl and Chk2 was unchanged...
- Crabtree J, Jeremy A, Duval C, Dixon M, Danjo K, Carr I, et al. Effects of EGFR Inhibitor on Helicobacter pylori Induced Gastric Epithelial Pathology in Vivo. Pathogens. 2013;2:571-90 pubmed publisher..this study investigated whether treatment of Mongolian gerbils with a selective EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitor, EKB-569, altered gastric pathology in chronic H. pylori infection. Gerbils were infected with H...
- GÃ³mez PÃ©rez V, Manzano J, GarcÃa HernÃ¡ndez R, Castanys S, Gamarro F, Campos J. Design, synthesis and anti-leishmanial activity of novel symmetrical bispyridinium cyclophanes. Eur J Med Chem. 2015;89:362-9 pubmed publisher..The anti-leishmanial activity of this macrocyclic salts is independent of the Leishmania enzymes ethanolamine kinase and choline/ethanolamine kinase. ..
- Chang J, Yu T, Gao S, Xiong C, Xie Q, Li H, et al. Fine mapping of the dialytic gene that controls multicellular trichome formation and stamen development in tomato. Theor Appl Genet. 2016;129:1531-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, we inferred that this gene is a potential candidate for the phenotypes. The results provide a basis to elucidate the regulatory pathway responsible for trichome formation and stamen development in tomato. ..
- Brady L, Giri M, Provias J, Hoffman E, Tarnopolsky M. Proximal myopathy with focal depletion of mitochondria and megaconial congenital muscular dystrophy are allelic conditions caused by mutations in CHKB. Neuromuscul Disord. 2016;26:160-4 pubmed publisher..Thus the phenotypic spectrum of CHKB mutations ranges from a congenital muscular dystrophy with intellectual disability to a later-onset non-progressive muscular weakness with normal cognition. ..
- Castro Gago M, Dacruz Alvarez D, Pintos MartÃnez E, Beiras Iglesias A, Arenas J, MartÃn M, et al. Congenital neurogenic muscular atrophy in megaconial myopathy due to a mutation in CHKB gene. Brain Dev. 2016;38:167-72 pubmed publisherCholine kinase beta gene (CHKB) mutations have been identified in Megaconial Congenital Muscular Dystrophy (MDCMC) patients, a very rare inborn error of metabolism with 21 cases reported worldwide...
- Vanlander A, Muiño Mosquera L, Panzer J, Deconinck T, Smet J, Seneca S, et al. Megaconial muscular dystrophy caused by mitochondrial membrane homeostasis defect, new insights from skeletal and heart muscle analyses. Mitochondrion. 2016;27:32-8 pubmed publisher..A likely hypothesis is that the biochemical findings are caused by an abnormal lipid profile in the inner mitochondrial membrane resulting from a defective choline kinase B activity. ..
- Arpón A, Milagro F, Razquin C, Corella D, Estruch R, Fito M, et al. Impact of Consuming Extra-Virgin Olive Oil or Nuts within a Mediterranean Diet on DNA Methylation in Peripheral White Blood Cells within the PREDIMED-Navarra Randomized Controlled Trial: A Role for Dietary Lipids. Nutrients. 2017;10: pubmed publisher
- Poleganov M, Eminli S, Beissert T, Herz S, Moon J, Goldmann J, et al. Efficient Reprogramming of Human Fibroblasts and Blood-Derived Endothelial Progenitor Cells Using Nonmodified RNA for Reprogramming and Immune Evasion. Hum Gene Ther. 2015;26:751-66 pubmed publisher..mRNAs (OCT4, SOX2, KLF4, cMYC, NANOG, and LIN28 [OSKMNL]) with immune evasion mRNAs (E3, K3, and B18R [EKB]) from vaccinia virus...
- de Goede C, Oh T, Joseph J, Muntoni F, Sewry C, Phadke R. Choline Kinase Beta-Related Muscular Dystrophy, Appearance of Muscle Involvement on Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Pediatr Neurol. 2016;54:49-54 pubmed publisher..Asn241Ser) mutation was detected in exon 6 of the CHKB gene. This selective pattern of skeletal muscle involvement might be helpful for identifying other patients with this condition, even in the absence of diagnostic muscle pathology. ..
- Lin Y, Liu Y, Nakamura Y. The Choline/Ethanolamine Kinase Family in Arabidopsis: Essential Role of CEK4 in Phospholipid Biosynthesis and Embryo Development. Plant Cell. 2015;27:1497-511 pubmed publisher..CEK4 may be the plasma membrane-localized isoform of the CEK family involved in the rate-limiting step of PtdCho biosynthesis and appears to be required for embryo development in Arabidopsis. ..
- To K, Poon D, Wei Y, Wang F, Lin G, Fu L. Pelitinib (EKB-569) targets the up-regulation of ABCB1 and ABCG2 induced by hyperthermia to eradicate lung cancer. Br J Pharmacol. 2015;172:4089-106 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated a novel approach, exploiting drug resistance, to selectively kill cancer stem-like cells after hyperthermia. ..
- Chang C, Few L, Konrad M, See Too W. Phosphorylation of Human Choline Kinase Beta by Protein Kinase A: Its Impact on Activity and Inhibition. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0154702 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that CKβ, in concert with CKα, and depending on its phosphorylation status, might play a critical role as a druggable target in carcinogenesis. ..
- Ishidate K. Choline/ethanolamine kinase from mammalian tissues. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1348:70-8 pubmed
- Miyagawa T, Honda M, Kawashima M, Shimada M, Tanaka S, Honda Y, et al. Polymorphism located between CPT1B and CHKB, and HLA-DRB1*1501-DQB1*0602 haplotype confer susceptibility to CNS hypersomnias (essential hypersomnia). PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5394 pubmed publisher..19). No interaction between the two markers (SNP rs5770917 and HLA-DRB1*1501-DQB1*0602 haplotype) was observed in EHS. CPT1B, CHKB and HLA are candidates for susceptibility to CNS hypersomnias (EHS), as well as narcolepsy with cataplexy. ..
- ..In the mid 1950s it was clear that CK was important for the biosynthesis of phosphatidylcholine, but no one predicted a role for CK in muscular dystrophy, bone deformities, or cancer. ..
- Haliloglu G, Talim B, Sel C, Topaloglu H. Clinical characteristics of megaconial congenital muscular dystrophy due to choline kinase beta gene defects in a series of 15 patients. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2015;38:1099-108 pubmed publisher..Evolution was progressive (n = 13) and static (n = 2). ..
- Cingoz S, Agilkaya S, Oztura I, Eroglu S, Karadeniz D, Evlice A, et al. Identification of the variations in the CPT1B and CHKB genes along with the HLA-DQB1*06:02 allele in Turkish narcolepsy patients and healthy persons. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2014;18:261-8 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that the presence of HLA-DQB1*06:02 may be a predictor of cataplexy in narcoleptic patients and could therefore be used as an additional diagnostic marker alongside hypocretin. ..
- Nishino I. [New congenital muscular dystrophy due to CHKB mutations]. Rinsho Shinkeigaku. 2013;53:1112-3 pubmed..The expression of parkin, PINK1, LC3, polyubiquitin, and p62 was upregulated in rmd muscles, indicating that mitochondria are eliminated by mitophagy. ..
- Yis U, Baydan F, Karakaya M, Hiz Kurul S, Cirak S. Importance of Skin Changes in the Differential Diagnosis of Congenital Muscular Dystrophies. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:3128735 pubmed publisher..1031G>A (p.R344Q) in exon 9. Ichthyosis-like skin changes with intense pruritus and nummular eczema may lead to clinical diagnosis in cases with megaconial congenital muscular dystrophy. ..
- Aoyama C, Yamazaki N, Terada H, Ishidate K. Structure and characterization of the genes for murine choline/ethanolamine kinase isozymes alpha and beta. J Lipid Res. 2000;41:452-64 pubmed..The results demonstrated that, while both CK/EK-alpha and -beta genes were composed of 11 major exons, the size of their genes was quite different: 40 kb for CK/EK-alpha, whereas it was only 3.5 kb for CK/EK-beta. ..
- Yamazaki N, Shinohara Y, Kajimoto K, Shindo M, Terada H. Novel expression of equivocal messages containing both regions of choline/ethanolamine kinase and muscle type carnitine palmitoyltransferase I. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:31739-46 pubmed..From these results, the production and organization of these overlapping transcripts are discussed. ..
- Han F, Lin L, Li J, Aran A, Dong S, An P, et al. TCRA, P2RY11, and CPT1B/CHKB associations in Chinese narcolepsy. Sleep Med. 2012;13:269-72 pubmed publisher..Our aim was to study whether these polymorphisms are associated with narcolepsy and its clinical characteristics in Chinese patients with narcolepsy...
- Pulido S, Nguyen V, Alzate J, Cedeño D, Makurath M, Ríos Vásquez A, et al. Insights into the phosphatidylcholine and phosphatidylethanolamine biosynthetic pathways in Leishmania parasites and characterization of a choline kinase from Leishmania infantum. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;213:45-54 pubmed publisher..In the presence of 4mM compound C6, the Vmax/Km decreased to approximately 1% of the wild-type catalytic efficiency. In addition, in Leishmania cells treated with compound C6 choline transport was inhibited. ..
- Shah A, Xianjun Y, Zhihao D, Junfeng L, Sao T. Microbiological and chemical profiles of elephant grass inoculated with and without Lactobacillus plantarum and Pediococcus acidilactici. Arch Microbiol. 2018;200:311-328 pubmed publisher..Lactobacillus plantarum (USA commercial bacteria) (EKP), Lactobacillus plantarum (EKA), Pediococcus acidilactici (EKB), and Pediococcus acidilactici (SKD) isolated from King grass...
- Hirosawa M, Nagase T, Murahashi Y, Kikuno R, Ohara O. Identification of novel transcribed sequences on human chromosome 22 by expressed sequence tag mapping. DNA Res. 2001;8:1-9 pubmed..For example, the sequence of a clone for KIAA1670 indicated that the CHKL and CPT1B genes were co-transcribed as a contiguous transcript without making both the protein-coding regions fused...