Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CHMP4C
Description: charged multivesicular body protein 4C
Alias: SNF7-3, Shax3, VPS32C, charged multivesicular body protein 4c, SNF7 homolog associated with Alix 3, Snf7 homologue associated with Alix 3, chromatin modifying protein 4C, chromatin-modifying protein 4c, hSnf7-3, hVps32-3, vacuolar protein sorting-associated protein 32-3, vps32-3
- Sadler J, Wenzel D, Williams L, Guindo Martinez M, Alam S, Mercader J, et al. A cancer-associated polymorphism in ESCRT-III disrupts the abscission checkpoint and promotes genome instability. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018;115:E8900-E8908 pubmed publisher..endosomal-sorting complexes required for transport (ESCRT) machinery and is tightly regulated by charged multivesicular body protein 4C (CHMP4C), an ESCRT-III subunit that engages the abscission checkpoint (NoCut) in response to ..
- Petsalaki E, Dandoulaki M, Zachos G. Chmp4c is required for stable kinetochore-microtubule attachments. Chromosoma. 2018;127:461-473 pubmed publisher..We recently showed that Chmp4c, an endosomal sorting complex required for transport protein involved in membrane remodelling, localises to ..
- Petsalaki E, Dandoulaki M, Zachos G. The ESCRT protein Chmp4c regulates mitotic spindle checkpoint signaling. J Cell Biol. 2018;217:861-876 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we show that human Chmp4c, a protein involved in membrane remodeling, localizes to kinetochores in prometaphase but is reduced in ..
- Pike T, Brownlow N, Kjaer S, Carlton J, Parker P. PKC? switches Aurora B specificity to exit the abscission checkpoint. Nat Commun. 2016;7:13853 pubmed publisher..Further, depletion of the ESCRT-III component and Aurora B substrate CHMP4C enables abscission, bypassing the PKC?-Aurora B exit pathway...
- Petsalaki E, Zachos G. Clks 1, 2 and 4 prevent chromatin breakage by regulating the Aurora B-dependent abscission checkpoint. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11451 pubmed publisher..to the midbody centre and is required for phosphorylation and optimal localization of the abscission protein Chmp4c. In addition, expression of phosphomimetic mutants Aurora B-S331E or Chmp4c-S210D delays midbody disassembly and ..
- Caballe A, Wenzel D, Agromayor M, Alam S, Skalicky J, Kloc M, et al. ULK3 regulates cytokinetic abscission by phosphorylating ESCRT-III proteins. elife. 2015;4:e06547 pubmed publisher..by the abscission checkpoint, a genome protection mechanism that relies on Aurora B and the ESCRT-III subunit CHMP4C to delay abscission in response to chromosome missegregation...
- Capalbo L, Mela I, Abad M, Jeyaprakash A, Edwardson J, D Avino P. Coordinated regulation of the ESCRT-III component CHMP4C by the chromosomal passenger complex and centralspindlin during cytokinesis. Open Biol. 2016;6: pubmed..controlling the final separation (known as abscission) of the two daughter cells via regulation of the ESCRT-III CHMP4C component. The molecular details are, however, still unclear...
- Row P, Liu H, Hayes S, Welchman R, Charalabous P, Hofmann K, et al. The MIT domain of UBPY constitutes a CHMP binding and endosomal localization signal required for efficient epidermal growth factor receptor degradation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:30929-37 pubmed
- Weiss E, Gottlinger H. The role of cellular factors in promoting HIV budding. J Mol Biol. 2011;410:525-33 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, HIV-1 requires only a subset of ESCRT-III components, indicating that the membrane fission reaction that occurs during HIV-1 budding differs in crucial aspects from topologically related cellular abscission events. ..
- Katoh K, Shibata H, Suzuki H, Nara A, Ishidoh K, Kominami E, et al. The ALG-2-interacting protein Alix associates with CHMP4b, a human homologue of yeast Snf7 that is involved in multivesicular body sorting. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:39104-13 pubmed..These results suggest that CHMP4b and Alix participate in formation of multivesicular bodies by cooperating with SKD1. ..
- Pharoah P, Tsai Y, Ramus S, Phelan C, Goode E, Lawrenson K, et al. GWAS meta-analysis and replication identifies three new susceptibility loci for ovarian cancer. Nat Genet. 2013;45:362-70, 370e1-2 pubmed publisher..1 × 10(-10)). An integrated molecular analysis of genes and regulatory regions at these loci provided evidence for functional mechanisms underlying susceptibility and implicated CHMP4C in the pathogenesis of ovarian cancer.
- Capalbo L, Montembault E, Takeda T, Bassi Z, Glover D, D Avino P. The chromosomal passenger complex controls the function of endosomal sorting complex required for transport-III Snf7 proteins during cytokinesis. Open Biol. 2012;2:120070 pubmed publisher..we find that the CPC's catalytic subunit, Aurora B kinase, phosphorylates one of the three human Snf7 paralogues-CHMP4C-in its C-terminal tail, a region known to regulate its ability to form polymers and associate with membranes...
- Dores M, Chen B, Lin H, Soh U, Paing M, Montagne W, et al. ALIX binds a YPX(3)L motif of the GPCR PAR1 and mediates ubiquitin-independent ESCRT-III/MVB sorting. J Cell Biol. 2012;197:407-19 pubmed publisher..This study reveals a novel MVB/lysosomal sorting pathway for signaling receptors that bypasses the requirement for ubiquitination and ubiquitin-binding ESCRTs and may be applicable to a subset of GPCRs containing YPX(n)L motifs. ..
- Peck J, Bowden E, Burbelo P. Structure and function of human Vps20 and Snf7 proteins. Biochem J. 2004;377:693-700 pubmed..Together these results suggest that mammalian Vps20, AIP1 and Snf7 proteins, like their yeast counterparts, play roles in MVB function. ..
- Bleck M, Itano M, Johnson D, Thomas V, North A, Bieniasz P, et al. Temporal and spatial organization of ESCRT protein recruitment during HIV-1 budding. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:12211-6 pubmed publisher..of the nascent virions, with the Tsg101 assemblages positioned closer to the Gag assemblages than Alix, Chmp4b, or Chmp4c. These results are consistent with the notion that the ESCRT machinery is recruited transiently to the neck of the ..
- Li K, Liu J, Tian M, Gao G, Qi X, Pan Y, et al. CHMP4C Disruption Sensitizes the Human Lung Cancer Cells to Irradiation. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;17: pubmed publisher..H2AX and 53BP1 foci formation were examined by fluorescence microscopy. In the results, we show that CHMP4C, a subunit of Endosomal sorting complex-III (ESCRT-III), is involved in radiation-induced cellular response...
- Christ L, Wenzel E, LiestÃ¸l K, Raiborg C, Campsteijn C, Stenmark H. ALIX and ESCRT-I/II function as parallel ESCRT-III recruiters in cytokinetic abscission. J Cell Biol. 2016;212:499-513 pubmed publisher..The ESCRT-III subunit CHMP4B is a key effector in abscission, whereas its paralogue, CHMP4C, is a component in the abscission checkpoint that delays abscission until chromatin is cleared from the ..
- Thoresen S, Campsteijn C, Vietri M, Schink K, Liestøl K, Andersen J, et al. ANCHR mediates Aurora-B-dependent abscission checkpoint control through retention of VPS4. Nat Cell Biol. 2014;16:550-60 pubmed publisher..This arrest depends on Aurora-B-mediated phosphorylation of CHMP4C, a component of the endosomal sorting complex required for transport (ESCRT) machinery that mediates abscission, ..
- Jouvenet N, Simon S, Bieniasz P. Visualizing HIV-1 assembly. J Mol Biol. 2011;410:501-11 pubmed publisher..Overall, the particular advantages of individual particle imaging in living cells have yielded findings that would have been difficult or impossible to obtain using macroscopic or fixed-cell microscopic techniques. ..
- Rigden D, Liu H, Hayes S, UrbÃ© S, Clague M. Ab initio protein modelling reveals novel human MIT domains. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:872-8 pubmed publisher..As a proof of principle, we have confirmed the novel MIT annotation for USP54 by in vitro profiling of binding to CHMP proteins. ..