Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CHMP2B
Description: charged multivesicular body protein 2B
Alias: ALS17, CHMP2.5, DMT1, VPS2-2, VPS2B, VPS2 homolog B, charged multivesicular body protein 2b, chromatin modifying protein 2B, vacuolar protein-sorting-associated protein 2-2
Publications149 found, 100 shown here
- ALS phenotypes with mutations in CHMP2B (charged multivesicular body protein 2B)N Parkinson
MRC Prion Unit, Institute of Neurology, University College London, London, UK
Neurology 67:1074-7. 2006Mutation in the CHMP2B gene has been implicated in frontotemporal dementia. The authors screened CHMP2B in patients with ALS and several cohorts of control samples. They identified mutations (Q206H; I29V) in two patients with non-SOD1 ALS...
- Divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) regulation by Ndfip1 prevents metal toxicity in human neuronsJason Howitt
Florey Neuroscience Institutes and Centre for Neuroscience, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:15489-94. 2009..The divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) plays a central role in the regulation of Fe as well as other metals; hence, failure of DMT1 regulation is linked ..
- Disruption of endocytic trafficking in frontotemporal dementia with CHMP2B mutationsHazel Urwin
MRC Prion Unit, UCL Institute of Neurology, Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, UK
Hum Mol Genet 19:2228-38. 2010Mutations in CHMP2B cause frontotemporal dementia (FTD) in a large Danish pedigree, which is termed FTD linked to chromosome 3 (FTD-3), and also in an unrelated familial FTD patient...
- Mutations in the endosomal ESCRTIII-complex subunit CHMP2B in frontotemporal dementiaGaia Skibinski
MRC Prion Unit, Institute of Neurology, University College London, London, UK
Nat Genet 37:806-8. 2005..Here we identify a mutation in CHMP2B, encoding a component of the endosomal ESCRTIII complex, and show that it results in aberrant mRNA splicing in ..
- Small molecule inhibitors of divalent metal transporter-1Peter D Buckett
Harvard School of Public Health, Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases, 665 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 296:G798-804. 2009Divalent metal transporter-1 (DMT1) is a divalent cation transporter that plays a key role in iron metabolism by mediating ferrous iron uptake across the small intestine...
- Mutations in CHMP2B in lower motor neuron predominant amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)Laura E Cox
Department of Neuroscience, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e9872. 2010..A mutation in CHMP2B was recently identified in a Danish pedigree with autosomal dominant FTD...
- CHMP2B mutations are not a common cause of frontotemporal lobar degenerationAshley Cannon
Department of Neuroscience, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Neurosci Lett 398:83-4. 2006..It has since been claimed that a mutation in the splice acceptor site of exon 6 of CHMP2B is the pathogenic variant in this family...
- Presymptomatic generalized brain atrophy in frontotemporal dementia caused by CHMP2B mutationJonathan D Rohrer
Dementia Research Centre, Institute of Neurology, University College, London, UK
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 27:182-6. 2009b>CHMP2B mutations are a rare cause of familial frontotemporal dementia (FTD)...
- ESCRT-III recognition by VPS4 ATPasesMelissa D Stuchell-Brereton
Department of Biochemistry, Room 4100, 15 N Medical Drive East, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112 5650, USA
Nature 449:740-4. 2007..Structures of VPS4A MIT-CHMP1A and VPS4B MIT-CHMP2B complexes reveal that the C-terminal CHMP motif forms an amphipathic helix that binds in a groove between the last ..
- CHMP2B mutations are not a common cause of familial or sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosisI P Blair
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 79:849-50. 2008
- CHMP2B C-truncating mutations in frontotemporal lobar degeneration are associated with an aberrant endosomal phenotype in vitroJulie van der Zee
Neurodegenerative Brain Diseases Group, Department of Molecular Genetics, VIB, Antwerpen, Belgium
Hum Mol Genet 17:313-22. 2008The charged multivesicular body protein 2B gene (CHMP2B) was recently associated with frontotemporal lobar degeneration (FTLD) linked to chromosome 3 in a Danish FTLD family (FTD-3)...
- CHMP2B mutations are not a cause of dementia in Dutch patients with familial and sporadic frontotemporal dementiaPatrizia Rizzu
Department of Human Genetics, Section Medical Genomics, VU University, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 141:944-6. 2006Mutations in the CHMP2B gene have been recently identified in a large Danish pedigree with autosomal dominant frontotemporal dementia (FTD) linked to chromosome 3 (FTD3)...
- Bioactivity of new mu and delta opioid peptidesAnna Capasso
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Universita di Salerno, Via Ponte Don Melillo 84084 Fisciano, Italy
Med Chem 3:480-7. 2007..b>Dmt1]Deltorphin B lacks activity at kappa-opioid binding sites...
- Mechanisms and regulation of intestinal iron absorptionEvan H Morgan
Department of Physiology, School of Biomedical and Chemical Sciences, The University of Western Australia, 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley 6009, Western Australia
Blood Cells Mol Dis 29:384-99. 2002..when they are in the crypts of Lieberkůhn and that this regulates expression of iron transporters such as DMT1 in mature enterocytes of the intestinal villi...
- Tissue distribution of manganese in iron-sufficient or iron-deficient rats after stainless steel welding-fume exposureJung Duck Park
College of Medicine, Chung Ang University, Seoul, Korea
Inhal Toxicol 19:563-72. 2007..Iron is an essential metal that maintains a homeostasis in the body. The divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) transports iron and other divalent metals, such as manganese, and the depletion of iron is known to upregulate ..
- The metabolism of neuronal iron and its pathogenic role in neurological disease: reviewTorben Moos
Department of Medical Anatomy, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1012:14-26. 2004..The concurrent expression of the ferrous iron transporter, divalent metal transporter I (DMT1), in neurons suggests that the internalization of transferrin is followed by detachment of iron within recycling ..
- Does social-economical transformation influence the incidence of type 1 diabetes mellitus? A Polish examplePrzemyslawa Jarosz-Chobot
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
Pediatr Diabetes 9:202-7. 2008The dramatic increase in the incidence of diabetes mellitus type 1 (DMT1) in all countries of Central and Eastern Europe seems to be correlated with the rapid transformations of the political, economical, and social conditions...
- Iron-activated iron uptake: a positive feedback loop mediated by iron regulatory protein 1Marto T Núñez
Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Chile, Casilla 653, Santiago, Chile
Biometals 16:83-90. 2003..which, under conditions of iron depletion, up-regulate the expression of the iron acquisition proteins TfR and DMT1. It has been shown that hydrogen peroxide activates IRP1 and that this activation mediates a potentially harmful ..
- Pernicious anemia in a patient with Type 1 diabetes mellitus and alopecia areata universalisThrasivoulos G Tzellos
Department of Internal Medicine, Mamatseio General Hospital, Kozani, Greece
J Diabetes Complications 23:434-7. 2009A 27-year-old male, who had developed diabetes mellitus type 1 (DMT1) since the age of eighteen and alopecia areata universalis nine months later, attended the outpatient clinics complaining of general fatigue and shortness of breath...
- Low vitamin a intake affects milk iron level and iron transporters in rat mammary gland and liverShannon L Kelleher
Department of Nutrition, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Nutr 135:27-32. 2005..Effects on plasma, milk, liver and mammary gland Fe and vitamin A concentrations, and divalent metal transporter-1 (DMT1), ferroportin (FPN), ferritin (Ft), and transferrin receptor (TfR) expression were determined...
- Endogenous opioid peptides contribute to antinociceptive potency of intrathecal [Dmt1]DALDAHazel H Szeto
Department of Pharmacology, Joan and Sanford I Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 305:696-702. 2003..These data suggest that i.t. [Dmt(1)]DALDA causes the release of dynorphin and [Met(5)]enkephalin-like substances that act at kappa and delta receptors, respectively, to contribute to the extraordinary potency of [Dmt(1)]DALDA...
- [Chronic complications and risk factors in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus--retrospective analysis]Elzbieta Kozek
Katerda i Klinika Chorób Metabolicznych Collegium Medicum Uniwersytet Jagielloński, Krakow
Przegl Lek 60:773-7. 2003..Chronic diabetic complications are the main problems in diabetology causing work unfitness, disability and premature death. Complete and homogenous assessment of diabetic complications is possible in hospitalised patients...
- Up-regulation of divalent metal transporter 1 in 6-hydroxydopamine intoxication is IRE/IRP dependentHong Jiang
Department of Physiology, Shandong Provincial Key Laboratory of Pathogenesis and Prevention of Neurological Disorders and State Key Disciplines Physiology, Medical College of Qingdao University, Qingdao 266071, China
Cell Res 20:345-56. 2010..iron content of the substantia nigra (SN) has been found in PD patients, and divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) has been shown to be up-regulated in the SN of both MPTP-induced PD models and PD patients...
- Vanadium induces dopaminergic neurotoxicity via protein kinase Cdelta dependent oxidative signaling mechanisms: relevance to etiopathogenesis of Parkinson's diseaseHilary Afeseh Ngwa
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Iowa Center for Advanced Neurotoxicology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 240:273-85. 2009..effect was accompanied by a time-dependent uptake of vanadium and upregulation of metal transporter proteins Tf and DMT1 in N27 cells...
- Neuropathologic features of frontotemporal lobar degeneration with ubiquitin-positive inclusions visualized with ubiquitin-binding protein p62 immunohistochemistryMaria Pikkarainen
Department of Clinical Medicine, Unit of Neurology, Section of Neuropathology, Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 67:280-98. 2008..cases, 2 displayed p62-immunoreactive lesions suggestive of FTLD-U with a mutation in the charged multivesicular body protein 2B gene; 1 suggested basophilic inclusion body disease, and 1 was of a type not previously described...
- Transcellular transport of a highly polar 3+ net charge opioid tetrapeptideKesheng Zhao
Department of Pharmacology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 304:425-32. 2003..Recent studies, however, suggest significant distribution of [Dmt1]DALDA (Dmt-D-Arg-Phe-Lys-NH2; Dmt is 2',6'-dimethyltyrosine), a 3+ net charge opioid peptide, to the brain and ..
- Up-regulation of divalent metal transporter 1 is involved in 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium (MPP(+))-induced apoptosis in MES23.5 cellsShuzhen Zhang
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Qingdao University, China
Neurobiol Aging 30:1466-76. 2009..In the present study, we investigate the involvement of divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) that accounts for the ferrous iron transport in MPP(+)-treated MES23.5 cells...
- Kinetics of manganese absorption in ligated small intestinal segments of broilersS P Bai
Mineral Nutrition Research Division, Institute of Animal Science, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing 100193, P R China
Poult Sci 87:2596-604. 2008..broilers to study mechanisms of Mn absorption and the effect of Mn treatment on divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) mRNA levels in ligated segments from different intestinal regions of broilers...
- [Molecular mechanisms of iron homeostasis]Carole Beaumont
INSERM U 409, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, BP 416, 16, rue Henri Huchard, 75870 Paris 18, France
Med Sci (Paris) 20:68-72. 2004..Fe (III) iron reduction by Dcytb and Fe (II) iron transport through apical membranes by the iron transporter Nramp2/DMT1. This is followed by iron transfer to the baso-lateral side, export by ferroportin and oxidation into Fe (III) by ..
- Comparison with naloxone of two dynorphin A analogues with K- and delta-opioid antagonist activityA Capasso
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Salerno, via Ponte Don Melillo 84084 Fisciano Salerno, Italy
Med Chem 5:1-6. 2009..The doubly substituted analogue [2',6'-dimethyl-L-tyrosine (Dmt1)-Tic2]DYN (B) exhibited high delta-affinity (Ki=0...
- Carboxyl-terminus determinants of the iron transporter DMT1/SLC11A2 isoform II (-IRE/1B) mediate internalization from the plasma membrane into recycling endosomesSteven Lam-Yuk-Tseung
Department of Biochemistry, McGill Cancer Center and Center for Host Resistance, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
Biochemistry 44:12149-59. 2005Mutations in DMT1 (Nramp2 and Slc11a2) impair iron metabolism and cause microcytic anemia...
- Chlamydophila pneumoniae changes iron homeostasis in infected tissuesMarie Edvinsson
Department of Medical Sciences, Infectious Diseases, Uppsala University Hospital, 75185 Uppsala, Sweden
Int J Med Microbiol 298:635-44. 2008..adapted to C57BL/6J mice was used to study hepcidin gene expression in the liver and divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) content in the liver and intestine and whether Fe is concomitantly changed in serum, liver, and intestine...
- A mutation in the TMPRSS6 gene, encoding a transmembrane serine protease that suppresses hepcidin production, in familial iron deficiency anemia refractory to oral ironMaria Antonietta Melis
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Biotecnologie, Universita di Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Haematologica 93:1473-9. 2008..Defective hepcidin synthesis causes iron loading, while overproduction results in defective reticuloendothelial iron release and iron absorption...
- Transport of toxic metals by molecular mimicryNazzareno Ballatori
Department of Environmental Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Environ Health Perspect 110:689-94. 2002..For example, DCT1 (divalent cation transporter-1; also known as NRAMP2 or DMT1) is considered to be a major cellular uptake mechanism for Fe(2+) and other essential divalent metals, but this ..
- Chemistry and biology of eukaryotic iron metabolismP Aisen
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 33:940-59. 2001..proteins (IRPs 1 and 2), a variety of ferrireductases in yeast an mammalian cells, membrane transporters (DMT1 and ferroportin 1), a multicopper ferroxidase involved in iron export from cells (hephaestin), and regulators of ..
- Nramp 2 (DCT1/DMT1) expressed at the plasma membrane transports iron and other divalent cations into a calcein-accessible cytoplasmic poolV Picard
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
J Biol Chem 275:35738-45. 2000Nramp2, also known as DMT1 and DCT1, is a 12-transmembrane (TM) domain protein responsible for dietary iron uptake in the duodenum and iron acquisition from transferrin in peripheral tissues...
- The type IV mucolipidosis-associated protein TRPML1 is an endolysosomal iron release channelXian Ping Dong
The Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, The University of Michigan, 3089 Natural Science Building Kraus, 830 North University, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Nature 455:992-6. 2008..The divalent metal transporter protein DMT1 (also known as SLC11A2) is the only endosomal Fe(2+) transporter known at present and it is highly expressed in ..
- Effect of erythropoietin on hepcidin, DMT1 with IRE, and hephaestin gene expression in duodenum of ratsWei Na Kong
Laboratory of Molecular Iron Metabolism, College of Life Science, Hebei Normal University, Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province, PR China
J Gastroenterol 43:136-43. 2008..Therefore, we have investigated the effect of rHuEpo on duodenal iron transport protein synthesis in rats...
- Dietary iron induces rapid changes in rat intestinal divalent metal transporter expressionK Y Yeh
Section of Hematology Oncology, Departments of Medicine, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 279:G1070-9. 2000The divalent metal transporter (DMT1, also known as NRAMP2 or DCT1) is the likely target for regulation of intestinal iron absorption by iron stores...
- Relationship between gene expression of duodenal iron transporters and iron stores in hemochromatosis subjectsJames E Nelson
Benaroya Research Institute and Center for Liver Disease, Digestive Disease Institute, Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 298:G57-62. 2010..Duodenal biopsy samples were analyzed using real-time PCR for expression of DMT1, FPN1, DCYTB, and HEPH relative to GAPDH from 23 C282Y homozygotes, including 5 "nonexpressors" (serum ferritin <..
- Expression of the iron transporter ferroportin in synaptic vesicles and the blood-brain barrierLaura Jui chen Wu
Cell Biology and Metabolism Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Brain Res 1001:108-17. 2004..In recent years, several iron transporters, including the iron importer DMT1 (Ireg1, MTP, DCT1) and the iron exporter ferroportin (SLC11A3, Ireg, MTP1) have been cloned and characterized...
- Alternative splicing regulates the subcellular localization of divalent metal transporter 1 isoformsMitsuaki Tabuchi
Center for Gene Research, Yamaguchi University, 1 1 1 Minami kogushi, Ube, Yamaguchi 755 8505, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 13:4371-87. 2002Divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) is responsible for dietary-iron absorption from apical plasma membrane in the duodenum and iron acquisition from the transferrin cycle endosomes in peripheral tissues...
- Rg1 protects the MPP+-treated MES23.5 cells via attenuating DMT1 up-regulation and cellular iron uptakeHuamin Xu
State Key Disciplines Physiology in Incubation, Department of Physiology, Medical College of Qingdao University, Qingdao 266071, China
Neuropharmacology 58:488-94. 2010..study showed MPP+ treatment induced up-regulation of divalent metal transporter 1 without iron responsive element (DMT1-IRE) in MES23.5 cells...
- Iron/IRP-1-dependent regulation of mRNA expression for transferrin receptor, DMT1 and ferritin during human erythroid differentiationJunji Kato
Fourth Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Exp Hematol 35:879-87. 2007We investigated iron regulatory protein (IRP)-dependent expression of transferrin receptor (TfR), divalent metal transporter-1 (DMT1) and ferritin during erythroid differentiation system using an in vitro three-phase liquid culture.
- Zinc transport by respiratory epithelial cells and interaction with iron homeostasisZhongping Deng
Center for Environmental Medicine, Asthma and Lung Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7310, USA
Biometals 22:803-15. 2009..Western blot assay for DMT1 protein supported an elevated expression of this transport protein following zinc exposure...
- Iron absorption and hepatic iron uptake are increased in a transferrin receptor 2 (Y245X) mutant mouse model of hemochromatosis type 3S F Drake
School of Medicine and Pharmacology, Fremantle Hospital, University of Western Australia, PO Box 480, Fremantle, 6959, WA, Australia
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G323-8. 2007..Likewise, expression of genes participating in duodenal Fe uptake (Dcytb, DMT1) and transfer (ferroportin) were increased in TfR2 mutant mice...
- Mild steel welding fume causes manganese accumulation and subtle neuroinflammatory changes but not overt neuronal damage in discrete brain regions of rats after short-term inhalation exposureJames M Antonini
Health Effects Laboratory Division, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Morgantown, WV 26505, USA
Neurotoxicology 30:915-25. 2009..responses, short-term MS fume inhalation induced significant elevations in divalent metal ion transporter 1 (Dmt1) expression in striatum and midbrain and significant increases in expression of proinflammatory chemokines (Ccl2, ..
- Purified glycosaminoglycans from cooked haddock may enhance Fe uptake via endocytosis in a Caco-2 cell culture modelJose M Laparra
Dept of Food Science, Cornell Univ, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
J Food Sci 74:H168-73. 2009..Changes in mRNA expression of Fe transporters, divalent metal transporter-1 (DMT1), and duodenal cytochrome-b (DcytB) were also evaluated. The Fe uptake from Fe(+3)/GAGs mixture was up to 1...
- H+-coupled nutrient, micronutrient and drug transporters in the mammalian small intestineDavid T Thwaites
Epithelial Research Group, Institute for Cell and Molecular Biosciences, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Framlington Place, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Exp Physiol 92:603-19. 2007..PepT1 (SLC15A1); the proton-coupled amino-acid transporter PAT1 (SLC36A1); the divalent metal transporter DMT1 (SLC11A2); the organic anion transporting polypeptide OATP2B1 (SLC02B1); the monocarboxylate transporter MCT1 (..
- Increased duodenal expression of divalent metal transporter 1 and iron-regulated gene 1 in cirrhosisKatherine Anne Stuart
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Hepatology 39:492-9. 2004..current study investigated the duodenal expression of the iron transport molecules divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1 [IRE]), iron-regulated gene 1 (Ireg1 [ferroportin]), hephaestin, and duodenal cytochrome b (Dyctb) in 46 patients ..
- Cellular distribution of ferric iron, ferritin, transferrin and divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) in substantia nigra and basal ganglia of normal and beta2-microglobulin deficient mouse brainT Moos
Department of Medical Anatomy, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 46:549-61. 2000..brains revealed an unequivocal distribution of ferric iron, ferritin, transferrin and divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1), which were indistinguishable when normal and beta2m (-/-) mice were compared...
- Erythroid 5-aminolevulinate synthase, ferrochelatase and DMT1 expression in erythroid progenitors: differential pathways for erythropoietin and iron-dependent regulationHeinz Zoller
Department of Medicine, University Hospital Innsbruck, Anichstrasse 25, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Br J Haematol 118:619-26. 2002..These data provide new insights into the complex biochemical interaction between iron metabolism, haem biosynthesis and EPO biology...
- Fluorescent dyes alter intracellular targeting and function of cell-penetrating tetrapeptidesHazel H Szeto
Department of Pharmacology, Joan and Sanford I Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
FASEB J 19:118-20. 2005..impact of the fluorescent probe on a tetrapeptide, we substituted one of the amino acids (Lys4) in a tetrapeptide ([Dmt1]DALDA, Dmt-D-Arg-Phe-Lys-NH2 where Dmt = 2',6'-dimethyltyrosine) with two different fluorescent amino acids (beta-..
- "Insects do not have sex hormones": a myth?A De Loof
Zoological Institute, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Gen Comp Endocrinol 111:245-60. 1998Mammals have two genes (SRY and DMT1) for testis formation-androgenesis, an anti-testis gene, DAX1, an anti-Müllerian duct hormone, and steroid sex hormones...
- Evidence for and consequences of chronic heme deficiency in Belgrade rat reticulocytesM D Garrick
Department of Biochemistry, 140 Farber Hall, SUNY at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14214 3000, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1449:125-36. 1999..Transferrin-dependent iron uptake is defective because of a mutation in Nramp2 (now DMT1, also called DCT1), the protein responsible for endosomal iron efflux...
- Nephrotoxicity and the proximal tubule. Insights from cadmiumFrank Thevenod
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Nephron Physiol 93:p87-93. 2003..compartment, possibly using transporters for Fe(2+), Zn(2+) or Cu(2+), such as the divalent metal transporter DMT1. Free Cd(2+) ions in the extracellular space are translocated across apical and/or basolateral PTC membranes into ..
- Cloning and functional characterization of the Anopheles albimanus DMT1/NRAMP homolog: implications in iron metabolism in mosquitoesJesus Martinez-Barnetche
Centro De Investigacion sobre Enfermedades Infecciosas, Instituto Nacional de Salud Publica, Av Universidad 655, Col Sta Maria Ahuacatitlan, CP 62508 Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 37:532-9. 2007..Taken together, our results suggest an important role of AnaNRAMP in iron transport and indicate a role of the mosquito Malpighian tubule as an important organ for iron homeostasis...
- Mutations in progranulin (GRN) within the spectrum of clinical and pathological phenotypes of frontotemporal dementiaJohn C van Swieten
Department of Neurology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Lancet Neurol 7:965-74. 2008..20-30% of cases of FTD follow an autosomal dominant pattern of inheritance, and half of which are caused by defects in MAPT, CHMP2B, and VCP.
- Foot-shock stress-induced regional iron accumulation and altered iron homeostatic mechanisms in rat brainLong Ma
Department of Naval Medicine, The Second Military Medical University, 800 Xiangyin Road, Shanghai 200433, People s Republic of China
Biol Trace Elem Res 126:204-13. 2008..Expression of ferritin, Transferrin receptor (TfR), divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1, with or without iron-responsive element), lactoferrin (Lf), and iron regulatory protein 1 (IRP1) in rat ..
- Angiotensin II-induced regulation of the expression and localization of iron metabolism-related genes in the rat kidneyNobukazu Ishizaka
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Tokyo Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Hypertens Res 30:195-202. 2007..II administration on the localization and expression of transferrin receptor (TfR), divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1), ferroportin 1 (FPN), and hepcidin mRNA in the rat kidney...
- Mechanism of increased iron absorption in murine model of hereditary hemochromatosis: increased duodenal expression of the iron transporter DMT1R E Fleming
Department of Pediatrics, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:3143-8. 1999..we tested the hypothesis that HFE-/- mice have increased duodenal expression of the divalent metal transporter (DMT1)...
- Molecular genetic studies of DMT1 on 12q in French-Canadian restless legs syndrome patients and familiesLan Xiong
Laboratoire d étude des maladies du cerveau, Centre de Recherche du CHUM, Hopital Notre Dame, Universite de Montreal, 1560 rue Sherbrooke Est, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:911-7. 2007..Animal models with mutation in (DMT1) divalent metal transporter 1 gene, an important brain iron transporter, demonstrate a similar iron deficiency ..
- Polymorphisms of metal transporter genes DMT1 and ATP7A in Wilson's diseaseAdam Przybyłkowski
Department of Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology, Medical University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland Department of Gastroenterology, Endoterapia, Warsaw, Poland Electronic address
J Trace Elem Med Biol 28:8-12. 2014Wilson's disease (WND) is an inherited disorder of copper metabolism. Divalent metal transporter1 (DMT1) and ATP7A play important roles in metal transport in humans...
- Dietary iron regulates intestinal cadmium absorption through iron transporters in ratsDoug Young Ryu
College of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Toxicol Lett 152:19-25. 2004..In this study we investigated the role of the apical Fe transporter divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) and the basolateral Fe exporter metal transporter protein 1 (MTP1) in Cd absorption...
- Divalent metal transporter 1 regulates iron-mediated ROS and pancreatic β cell fate in response to cytokinesJakob Bondo Hansen
Center for Medical Research Methodology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
Cell Metab 16:449-61. 2012..and in vivo studies, we show that the proinflammatory cytokine IL-1β induces divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) expression correlating with increased β cell iron content and ROS production...
- Cognitive impairment in the preclinical stage of dementia in FTD-3 CHMP2B mutation carriers: a longitudinal prospective studyJette Stokholm
Memory Disorders Research Group, Department of Neurology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, N6702, 9 Blegdamsvej, Copenhagen 2100, Denmark
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 84:170-6. 2013A longitudinal study spanning over 8 years and including 17 asymptomatic individuals with CHMP2B mutations was conducted to assess the earliest neuropsychological changes in autosomal dominant neurodegenerative disease frontotemporal ..
- [Diabetes in the youth]Birgit Rami-Merhar
Universitätsklinik für Kinder und Jugendheilkunde, Medizinische Universität Wien, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, 1090 Wien, Osterreich
Wien Klin Wochenschr 124:70-3. 2012In contrast to adults Diabetes mellitus type 1 (DMT1) is the most frequent form of diabetes mellitus during childhood and adolescence (> 95 %)...
- Expression and localization of duodenal cytochrome b in the rat hippocampus after kainate-induced excitotoxicityS Y Loke
Department of Anatomy, National University of Singapore, Singapore 119260, Singapore
Neuroscience 245:179-90. 2013..The iron transport protein, divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) is found in reactive astrocytes of the lesioned hippocampal CA fields after excitotoxicity induced by the ..
- TNF, IFN-gamma, and endotoxin increase expression of DMT1 in bronchial epithelial cellsXinchao Wang
Center for Environmental Medicine and Lung Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 289:L24-33. 2005Regulation of the metal transport protein divalent metal transporter-1 (DMT1) may contribute to the uptake and detoxification of iron by cells resident in the respiratory tract...
- Post-translational and transcriptional regulation of DMT1 during P19 embryonic carcinoma cell differentiation by retinoic acidPrasad N Paradkar
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Biochem J 394:173-83. 2006Studies were performed to determine the regulation of DMT1 (divalent metal transporter 1) during RA (retinoic acid)-induced differentiation of P19 embryonic carcinoma cells...
- Increased divalent metal transporter 1 expression might be associated with the neurotoxicity of L-DOPAYan Zhong Chang
Department of Applied Biology and Chemistry Technology, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Mol Pharmacol 69:968-74. 2006..of L-DOPA on the expression of iron influx proteins [transferrin receptor (TfR) and divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1)], iron efflux protein (ferroportin 1), and iron uptake in C6 glioma cells were determined in this study using ..
- Effects of iron status on transpulmonary transport and tissue distribution of Mn and FeJoseph D Brain
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, 665 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 34:330-7. 2006..Intestinal manganese and iron absorption is mediated by divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) and is upregulated in iron deficiency...
- Modulation of DMT1 activity by redox compoundsP Marciani
Institute of General Physiology and Biological Chemistry, Pharmacology Faculty, University of Milan, 20134 Milan, Italy
J Membr Biol 197:91-9. 2004..localization in plasma membrane of cells and endosomes suggest an important role for the divalent metal transporter DMT1 (also known as DCT1 and Nramp2) in iron transport and cellular iron homeostasis...
- Loss- and gain-of-function analyses of vacuolar protein sorting 2 in Notch signaling of Drosophila melanogasterNaoki Aoyama
Department of Biological Science and Technology, Tokyo University of Science, 2641 Yamazaki, Noda, Chiba 278 8510, Japan
Genes Genet Syst 88:45-57. 2013..In these cells, a portion of the Vps2 protein was detected in MVBs and colocalized with Notch. These data indicate that the expression of vps2 must be precisely regulated to maintain the normal structure of early endosomes...
- Two isoforms of a divalent metal transporter (DMT1) in Schistosoma mansoni suggest a surface-associated pathway for iron absorption in schistosomesDanielle J Smyth
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, PO Royal Brisbane Hospital, 300 Herston Road, Herston, Brisbane, 4029 Queensland, Australia
J Biol Chem 281:2242-8. 2006We describe two homologues of the mammalian divalent metal transporter (DMT1) for Schistosoma mansoni, a pathogenic intravascular parasite of humans. Schistosomes have a high nutritional and metabolic demand for iron...
- AIP1/ALIX is a binding partner for HIV-1 p6 and EIAV p9 functioning in virus buddingBettina Strack
Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 114:689-99. 2003..These observations identify AIP1 as a component of the viral budding machinery, which serves to link a distinct region in the L domain of HIV-1 p6 and EIAV p9 to ESCRT-III...
- Endosomal sorting related protein CHMP2B is localized in Lewy bodies and glial cytoplasmic inclusions in α-synucleinopathySatoshi Tanikawa
Department of Neuropathology, Institute of Brain Science, Hirosaki University Graduate School of Medicine, Hirosaki 036 8562, Japan
Neurosci Lett 527:16-21. 2012b>Charged multivesicular body protein 2B (CHMP2B) is a component of the endosomal sorting complex required for transport-III, which is involved in the degradation of proteins in the endocytic and autophagic pathways...
- The genetics and neuropathology of frontotemporal lobar degenerationAnne Sieben
Institute Born Bunge, University of Antwerp, Antwerpen, Belgium
Acta Neuropathol 124:353-72. 2012..Rare mutations were also identified in the genes encoding valosin-containing protein (VCP) and charged multivesicular body protein 2B (CHMP2B). These genes are good markers to distinguish underlying neuropathological phenotypes...
- Olfactory ferric and ferrous iron absorption in iron-deficient ratsV M Ruvin Kumara
Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 302:L1280-6. 2012..Divalent metal transporter-1 (DMT1) plays a significant role in the absorption of intranasally instilled manganese, but whether iron uptake would be ..
- The dopamine metabolite aminochrome inhibits mitochondrial complex I and modifies the expression of iron transporters DMT1 and FPN1Pabla Aguirre
Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, Universidad de Chile and Cell Dynamics and Biotechnology Institute, Santiago, Chile
Biometals 25:795-803. 2012..These results suggest that aminochrome is an endogenous toxin that inhibits by oxidative modifications mitochondrial complex I and modifies the levels of iron transporters in a way that leads to iron accumulation...
- Altered expression of iron regulatory genes in cirrhotic human livers: clues to the cause of hemosiderosis?Ottar M Bergmann
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Lab Invest 88:1349-57. 2008..Ferroportin, divalent metal transporter-1 (DMT1), and ferritin heavy chain mRNA levels were significantly higher in cirrhotic human livers than in controls (P=0...
- SMF-1, SMF-2 and SMF-3 DMT1 orthologues regulate and are regulated differentially by manganese levels in C. elegansCatherine Au
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e7792. 2009..A major transporter of Mn in mammals is the divalent-metal transporter (DMT1). We characterize here DMT1-like proteins in the nematode C...
- Effects of intracerebroventricular injection of iron dextran on the iron concentration and divalent metal transporter 1 expression in the caudate putamen and substantia nigra of ratsPeng Yu
The Institute of Molecular Neurobiology and Neuropharmacology, Hebei Normal University, Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province, People s Republic of China
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 292:225-33. 2009The cellular localization of DMT1 and its functional characterization suggest that DMT1 may play an important role in the physiological brain iron transport...
- The heritability and genetics of frontotemporal lobar degenerationJ D Rohrer
Dementia Research Centre, Institute of Neurology, Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, UK
Neurology 73:1451-6. 2009..Frontotemporal lobar degeneration (FTLD) is a genetically and pathologically heterogeneous neurodegenerative disorder...
- Interaction of calcium with the human divalent metal-ion transporter-1Ali Shawki
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, P O Box 670576, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0576, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 393:471-5. 2010..We tested the hypothesis that divalent metal-ion transporter-1 (DMT1)-the principal or only mechanism by which nonheme iron is taken up at the intestinal brush border-is shared also by ..
- Ferroportin 1 is expressed basolaterally in rat kidney proximal tubule cells and iron excess increases its membrane traffickingNatascha A Wolff
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, University of Witten Herdecke, Witten, Germany
J Cell Mol Med 15:209-19. 2011..Previously, we have shown that divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) is expressed in late endosomes and lysosomes of the kidney proximal tubule (PT), the nephron segment responsible ..
- Iron transporters are differentially regulated by dietary iron, and modifications are associated with changes in manganese metabolism in young pigsStephanie L Hansen
Department of Animal Science, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695, USA
J Nutr 139:1474-9. 2009..Relative expressions of duodenal divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) and solute carrier family 39 member 14 (ZIP14) were increased in L-Fe pigs compared with H-Fe pigs...
- Six year old with autoimmune polyglandular syndrome: can genetics tell us the story?Steven Ghanny
Molly Center for Children, Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, NJ, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 23:725-8. 2010Children who have diabetes mellitus type 1 (DMT1) are at increased risk of developing other autoimmune diseases. These associated diseases include Hashimoto's thyroiditis, Graves' disease, Celiac disease, and Addison's disease...
- Influence of estrogens on copper indicators: in vivo and in vitro studiesMiguel Arredondo
Institute of Nutrition and Food Technology, INTA, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Biol Trace Elem Res 134:252-64. 2010..In addition, the influence of estradiol on intracellular total copper content, hctr1, dmt1 and shbg mRNA abundance and hCTR1, and DMT1 expression was measured in HepG2 cells...
- Rg1 protects iron-induced neurotoxicity through antioxidant and iron regulatory proteins in 6-OHDA-treated MES23.5 cellsHuamin Xu
Department of Physiology, Shandong Provincial Key Laboratory of Pathogenesis and Prevention of Neurological Disorders and State Key Disciplines Physiology, Medical College of Qingdao University, Qingdao 266071, China
J Cell Biochem 111:1537-45. 2010..6-OHDA-induced up-regulation of an iron importer protein divalent metal transporter 1 with iron responsive element (DMT1 + IRE)...
- Hypoxia-inducible factor-2α and iron absorptive gene expression in Belgrade rat intestineKwo Yih Yeh
The Feist Weiller Cancer Center, Department of Medicine, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, 71130, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 301:G82-90. 2011The divalent metal transporter (DMT1, Slc11a2) is an important molecule for intestinal iron absorption. In the Belgrade (b/b) rat, the DMT1 G185R mutation markedly decreases intestinal iron absorption...
- Enhanced autophagy from chronic toxicity of iron and mutant A53T α-synuclein: implications for neuronal cell death in Parkinson diseaseKatherine C M Chew
Department of Physiology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117597, Singapore
J Biol Chem 286:33380-9. 2011..dopaminergic neurons are enriched in iron, the uptake of which is facilitated by the divalent metal ion transporter DMT1. To clarify the role of iron in PD, we generated SH-SY5Y cells stably expressing DMT1 either singly or in ..
- Exploration of the copper-related compensatory response in the Belgrade rat model of genetic iron deficiencyLingli Jiang
Food Science and Human Nutrition Department, University of Florida, Gainesville, 32611, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 301:G877-86. 2011..The intestinal divalent metal transporter 1 (Dmt1) is also induced during iron deficiency...
- Charged multivesicular body protein 2B (CHMP2B) of the endosomal sorting complex required for transport-III (ESCRT-III) polymerizes into helical structures deforming the plasma membraneGilles Bodon
INSERM, U836, Equipe 2, Neurodégénérescence et Plasticité, Grenoble F 38042, France
J Biol Chem 286:40276-86. 2011..Here, we show that depletion of VPS4 induces specific accumulation of endogenous CHMP2B at the plasma membrane...
- Cortical volumes and atrophy rates in FTD-3 CHMP2B mutation carriers and related non-carriersSimon F Eskildsen
Department of Health Science and Technology, Aalborg University, Aalborg East, Denmark
Neuroimage 45:713-21. 2009..We compared cortical structural changes in nine presymptomatic CHMP2B frontotemporal dementia mutation positive individuals with seven mutation negative family members...
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of substituted pyrazoles as blockers of divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1)Jay A Cadieux
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Xenon Pharmaceuticals Inc, 3650 Gilmore Way, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada V5G 4W8
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 22:90-5. 2012Three distinct series of substituted pyrazole blockers of divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) were elaborated from the high-throughput screening pyrazolone hit 1...
- Cooperation of metallothionein and zinc transporters for regulating zinc homeostasis in human intestinal Caco-2 cellsHui Shen
Department of Military Hygiene, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, PR China
Nutr Res 28:406-13. 2008..mRNA expression of MT1; ZnT1; zrt, irt-like protein 1, 4 (ZIP1, 4); and divalent metal transporter (DMT1) were determined by the reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction or real-time polymerase chain reaction...
- Mammalian iron metabolismLuis G Valerio
U S Food and Drug Administration, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, Office of Food Additive Safety, Division of Biotechnology and GRAS Notice Review, College Park, MD, 20470, USA
Toxicol Mech Methods 17:497-517. 2007..iron uptake across the intestinal duodenal mucosa is mediated by an intramembrane divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1), and cellular iron efflux involves ferroportin, the only known iron exporter...
- Transferrin receptor is necessary for development of erythrocytes and the nervous systemJ E Levy
Children s Hospital, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Genet 21:396-9. 1999..to iron release, and iron is transported out of the endosome through the activity of divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1, formerly Nramp2), a transmembrane iron transporter that functions only at low pH...
- Two new human DMT1 gene mutations in a patient with microcytic anemia, low ferritinemia, and liver iron overloadCarole Beaumont
INSERM U773, Centre de Recherche Biomedicale Bichat Beaujon CRB3, BP 416, 16 rue Henri Huchard, F 75018 Paris, France
Blood 107:4168-70. 2006b>DMT1 mediates the pH-dependent uptake of Fe(2+) from the diet in duodenal enterocytes and in most other cells. It transfers iron from the endosomes to the cytosol following the uptake of the transferrin-transferrin receptor complex...
- Microcytic anemia and hepatic iron overload in a child with compound heterozygous mutations in DMT1 (SCL11A2)Achille Iolascon
Genetica Medica, Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biotecnologie Mediche, Universita Federico II, Naples, Italy
Blood 107:349-54. 2006Divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1) mediates apical iron uptake in duodenal enterocytes and iron transfer from the transferrin receptor endosomal cycle into the cytosol in erythroid cells...
- Tat and CDK9 on gene expression alterations coupled to HIV-1 Associated DementiaXavier Grana; Fiscal Year: 2010..IL-12), as well as deregulation of a number of genes that have been associated with dementia (GLS, SOD2, FGF2 and CHMP2B)...
- Intestinal Iron Transport in Iron Deficiency/AnemiaJames Collins; Fiscal Year: 2005..We found that among iron transport genes, only the genes encoding the brush-border membrane proteins dcytb and DMT1 were consistently induced in anemia, while other genes involved in iron export from enterocytes such as ferroportin ..
- HFE: A Genetic Determinant of Olfactory Mn Absorption and ToxicityMarianne Wessling Resnick; Fiscal Year: 2010..of other divalent metals, and it is thought these effects arise due to malregulation of divalent metal transporter (DMT1)...
- IRON TRANSPORT IN A MURINE MODEL OF HEMOCHROMATOSISRobert Fleming; Fiscal Year: 2004..2) decreases the crypt cell regulatory iron pool, which 3) increases apical expression of the iron transporter DMT1 in daughter enterocytes, which in turn, 4) increases dietary iron uptake...
- Role of Parkin in Regulating Manganese ToxicityJEROME ALLAN ROTH; Fiscal Year: 2010..that parkin is the E3 ligase responsible for the ubiquitination of the 1B isoforms of divalent metal transporter 1 (DMT1), the major protein for transport of Mn...
- BELGRADE RAT: A MUTATION IN A CRITICAL METAL TRANSPORTERLAURA GARRICK; Fiscal Year: 2005DESCRIPTION (Adapted from the applicant's abstract): The Belgrade (b/b) rat has a G185R mutation in DMT1, resulting in a hypochromic, microcytic anemia that is inherited as a recessive...
- Divalent Metal Transporter: Role in Manganese ToxicityJEROME ROTH; Fiscal Year: 2004..e. the divalent metal transporter, DMT1. This transporter has a very broad specificity and is responsible for the cellular uptake of other divalent cations ..
- Cannabinoid Inhibition of Divalent Metal Transporter-1 ActivityMarianne Wessling Resnick; Fiscal Year: 2009..molecules, it was discovered that ?9-THC also potently blocks iron uptake by Divalent Metal Transporter-1 (DMT1)...
- HEMOCHROMATOSIS--MECHANISMS AND NOVEL THERAPIESLawrie Powell; Fiscal Year: 2004..Recent exciting discoveries including the hemochromatosis gene HFE and the metal transporters DMT1, hephaestin and SFT have provided the opportunity to study the steps in the pathway of iron uptake and transport ..
- DMT1:Tissue specific expression & alternative splicingMartha Mims; Fiscal Year: 2006..One recently identified protein is divalent metal ion transporter I (DMT1) which functions in iron absorption by the duodenal enterocyte and iron transport in the erythroblast...
- Iron regulation at the CNS vascular barriers and agingRashid Deane; Fiscal Year: 2006..influx of iron across the blood-brain barrier and CP is a two-step process that requires both Tf receptor (TfR) and DMT1 (divalent metal transporter 1) with DMT1 being a rate limiting step, while efflux of Fe from the CNS is a one-step ..
- BIFUNCTIONAL OPIOID PEPTIDE ANALGESICSPeter Schiller; Fiscal Year: 2009..and non-peptides) to various sites of the potent and highly selective [unreadable] opioid agonist peptide [Dmt1]DALDA (H-Dmt-D-Arg-Phe-Lys-NH2;Dmt = 2'6'- dimethyltyrosine) either directly or via a short linker in a ..
- Blood-Brain Barrier Nutrient TransportIan Simpson; Fiscal Year: 2006..transporter protein, GLUT1, and iron transport via the transferrin receptor and the divalent metal transporter, DMT1. The polarity of transport across cells in the periphery has been described for these systems and will be used to ..
- Iron Signaling/Monocytes/Alcoholic Hepatitis PatientsHidekazu Tsukamoto; Fiscal Year: 2005..Real-time PCR and Western blot analysis will be performed on PBM to determine the expression of Nrampl, DMT1 (divalent metal transporter), ferroportin, TfR1 (transferrin receptor 1), HFE (a hemochromatosis gene product), ..
- Dextras1, Brain Iron Homeostasis and Mental HealthSangwon F Kim; Fiscal Year: 2010..PAP7 also binds to the Divalent Metal Transporter (DMT1), an iron import channel...
- Modeling TDP-43 Dysfunction in vivoZuoshang Xu; Fiscal Year: 2009..whose mutation have been identified to cause FTD are microtubule-associated protein tau (MAPT), charged multivesicular body protein 2B (CHMP2B), vasolin-containing protein (VCP) and progranulin (PGRN)...
- Workshop on Biolron in Thalassemia & Sickle Cell DiseaseElizabeth Theil; Fiscal Year: 2002..g. DMT1 for iron uptake, mitochondrial ferritin and ferroportin for iron exit and HFE for hemochromatosis...
- Role of DMT in Manganese Transport and NeurotoxicityKhristy Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2004The goal of this proposal is to understand the role of DMT1 (Divalent Metal Transporter 1) in Mn neurotoxicity in correlation with iron-deficiency...
- SYSTEMICALLY-ACTIVE OPIOID PEPTIDE ANALOGSHazel Szeto; Fiscal Year: 2007..During the past 4 years, we have made significant progress towards the development of an opioid analgesic ([Dmt1]DALDA) that is superior compared to morphine in terms of potency, duration of action, and side effect profile...
- Mn transport in the Belgrade ratMarianne Wessling Resnick; Fiscal Year: 2003The focus of the proposed research is on DMT1 (Divalent Metal Transporter 1) and its role in Mn ingestion and inhalation...
- Molecular Pathways of Iron Detoxification in the LungDavid Haile; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our central hypothesis is that two recently identified transmembrane iron transporters, DMT1 (divalent metal transporter 1) and MTP1 (metal transporter protein 1), are key constituents of a novel mechanism ..
- CLONING OF MAMMALIAN LIVER IRON TRANSPORTER, DMT2Hiromi Gunshin; Fiscal Year: 2002..b>DMT1 (previously known as DCT1), which I recently cloned is a transmembrane transporter that accepts a variety of ..