Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CHIA
Description: chitinase, acidic
Alias: AMCASE, CHIT2, TSA1902, acidic mammalian chitinase, lung-specific protein TSA1902
Publications123 found, 100 shown here
- The seed's protein and oil content, fatty acid composition, and growing cycle length of a single genotype of chia (Salvia hispanica L.) as affected by environmental factorsRicardo Ayerza
Office of Arid Lands Studies, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85705, USA
J Oleo Sci 58:347-54. 2009As a botanical source, variability in chia seed composition could be expected between growing locations, and between years within a location, due to genotype and environment effects as well genetic x environment's interactions...
- Interaction of Autographa californica multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus cathepsin protease progenitor (proV-CATH) with insect baculovirus chitinase as a mechanism for proV-CATH cellular retentionJeffrey J Hodgson
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Guelph, 50 Stone Road East, Guelph, ON N1G 2W1, Canada
J Virol 85:3918-29. 2011The insect baculovirus chitinase (CHIA) and cathepsin protease (V-CATH) enzymes cause terminal host insect liquefaction, enhancing the dissemination of progeny virions away from the host cadavers...
- Identification and characterization of the gene cluster involved in chitin degradation in a marine bacterium, Alteromonas sp. strain O-7Hiroshi Tsujibo
Osaka University of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 4 20 1 Nasahara, Takatsuki, Osaka 569 1094, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:263-70. 2002Alteromonas sp. strain O-7 secretes chitinase A (ChiA), chitinase B (ChiB), and chitinase C (ChiC) in the presence of chitin...
- Comparative studies of chitinases A and B from Serratia marcescensM B Brurberg
Department of Biotechnological Sciences, Agricultural University of Norway, Norway
Microbiology 142:1581-9. 1996Serratia marcescens produces several chitinolytic enzymes, including chitinase A (ChiA) and chitinase B (ChiB)...
- A novel goose-type lysozyme gene with chitinolytic activity from the moderately thermophilic bacterium Ralstonia sp. A-471: cloning, sequencing, and expressionMitsuhiro Ueda
Graduate School of Life Science and Environment, Osaka Prefecture University, Sakai, Osaka 599 8531, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 81:1077-85. 2009..This is the first report of another type of chitinase after the previously reported chitinases ChiA (Ra-ChiA) and ChiB (Ra-ChiB) in the chitinase system of the moderately thermophilic bacterium, Ralstonia sp...
- Expression and characterization of endochitinase C from Serratia marcescens BJL200 and its purification by a one-step general chitinase purification methodBjørnar Synstad
Department of Chemistry, Biotechnology, and Food Science, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, PO Box 5003, N 1432 Aas, Norway
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 72:715-23. 2008..BJL200-ChiA and BJL200-ChiB had an approximately 30-fold higher k(cat) and 15 fold-lower K(m) than BJL200-ChiC1 for the ..
- Characterization of a chitinase gene from Stenotrophomonas maltophilia strain 34S1 and its involvement in biological controlDonald Y Kobayashi
Department of Plant Biology and Pathology, Cook College, Rutgers State University, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:1047-54. 2002..verified that the first 15 amino acids were identical to the deduced sequence of the mature protein encoded by chiA. Marker exchange mutagenesis of chiA resulted in mutant strain C5, which was devoid of chitinolytic activity and ..
- The influence of large deletions on the mutation frequency induced by tritiated water and X-radiation in male Drosophila melanogaster post-meiotic germ cellsN G Fossett
Louisiana State University, Institute for Mutagenesis, Baton Rouge 70803 1725
Mutat Res 307:213-22. 1994..1982; Chia et al., 1985; LoMonaco et al., 1987; Mahmoud et al., 1991)...
- Increased expression of acidic mammalian chitinase and chitotriosidase in the nasal mucosa of patients with allergic rhinitisWoo Sung Cho
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, College of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul, South Korea
Laryngoscope 120:870-5. 2010b>Acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) has emerged as an important mediator of allergic asthma in both animal models and in humans...
- Nutrient regime regulates complex transcriptional start site usage within a Pseudoalteromonas chitinase gene clusterMarina W Delpin
School of Biological Sciences, Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
ISME J 3:1053-63. 2009..was transcribed as an operon and from each individual gene. chiA, chiB and chiC were found to possess multiple transcriptional start points (TSPs), the use of which was determined ..
- DNA variation in the acidic chitinase locus (ChiA) region in Arabis gemmifera and its related speciesAkira Kawabe
Laboratory of Plant Genetics, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, 606 8502 Japan
Genes Genet Syst 77:167-75. 2002We analyzed DNA variation at the acidic chitinase (ChiA) locus of Arabis gemmifera and among its eight related species. Nucleotide diversity (pi) of the entire locus in A. gemmifera was 0.0032, which was one third that of A. thaliana...
- A viral chitinase enhances oral activity of TMOFLuisa Fiandra
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita di Milano, Milano, Italy
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 40:533-40. 2010..the gut, impairing insect digestive function, and Autographa californica nucleopolyhedrovirus Chitinase A (AcMNPV ChiA), an enzyme that is able to alter the permeability of the peritrophic membrane (PM)...
- Expression, purification and in vitro antifungal activity of acidic mammalian chitinase against Candida albicans, Aspergillus fumigatus and Trichophyton rubrum strainsL Chen
Department of Dermatology, Institute of Surgery Reserach, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Clin Exp Dermatol 34:55-60. 2009Evidence has suggested that acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) may be an important candidate in defence against and/or digestion of chitin-containing organisms, especially pathogenic fungi...
- High resolution structural analyses of mutant chitinase A complexes with substrates provide new insight into the mechanism of catalysisY Papanikolau
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas, P O Box 1527, 71110 Heraklion, Greece
Biochemistry 40:11338-43. 2001Chitinase A (ChiA) from the bacterium Serratia marcescens is a hydrolytic enzyme, which cleaves beta-1,4-glycosidic bonds of the natural biopolymer chitin to generate di-N-acetyl-chitobiose. The refined structure of ChiA at 1...
- Pulmonary cryptococcosis induces chitinase in the ratAlfin G Vicencio
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Respiratory and Sleep Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Children s Hospital at Montefiore, Bronx, USA
Respir Res 9:40. 2008..Because the cell wall of C. neoformans consists of chitin, and since acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) has recently been implicated as a novel mediator of asthma, we sought to determine whether such ..
- Effect of chitinase inhibitors on endotoxin-induced uveitis (EIU) in rabbitsClaudio Bucolo
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Pharmacol Res 57:247-52. 2008The acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) is significantly increased in tears of human allergic conjunctivitis...
- Concerted action of diacetylchitobiose deacetylase and exo-beta-D-glucosaminidase in a novel chitinolytic pathway in the hyperthermophilic archaeon Thermococcus kodakaraensis KOD1Takeshi Tanaka
Department of Synthetic Chemistry and Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Katsura, Nishikyo ku, Kyoto 615 8510, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:30021-7. 2004The hyperthermophilic archaeon Thermococcus kodakaraensis KOD1 possesses chitinase (Tk-ChiA) and exo-beta-D-glucosaminidase (Tk-GlmA) for chitin degradation; the former produces diacetylchitobiose (GlcNAc2) from chitin, and the latter ..
- Human gastric juice contains chitinase that can degrade chitinMaurizio G Paoletti
Department of Biology, Laboratory Agroecology and Ethnobiology, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Ann Nutr Metab 51:244-51. 2007..Since this chitinase activity was demonstrated at acidic pH, it is currently referred to acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase)...
- Nucleotide sequence and analysis of a gene (chiA) for a chitinase from Streptomyces lividans 66K Miyashita
National Institute of Agro Environmental Sciences, Ibaraki, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 57:1691-8. 1993A chitinase gene (chiA) from Streptomyces lividans was characterized and its nucleotides sequenced...
- Distribution and evolution of chitinase genes in Streptomyces species: involvement of gene-duplication and domain-deletionA Saito
National Institute of Agro Environmental Sciences, Kan nondai 3 1 1, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8604, Japan
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 84:7-15. 2003..possessed a variety of chitinase genes prior to branching into many species, and that the ancestral genes of chiA and chiB have been generated by gene-duplication...
- Cloning and functional expression of a chitinase cDNA from the common cutworm, Spodoptera litura, using a recombinant baculovirus lacking the virus-encoded chitinase geneT Shinoda
National Research Institute of Vegetables, Ornamental Plants and Tea, Ano, Mie 514 2392, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 31:521-32. 2001..To discriminate chitinase activity of recombinant Slchi from an active chitinase encoded in HycuNPV genome (chiA), we further knocked out the chiA gene from the recombinant virus...
- Cloning, sequencing, and expression in Escherichia coli of the gene coding for phosphofructokinase in Lactobacillus bulgaricusP Branny
Laboratoire d Enzymologie du Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Gif sur Yvette, France
J Bacteriol 175:5344-9. 1993..Saillard, and J. M. Bové, J. Bacteriol. 172:2693-2703, 1990) and B. stearothermophilus (D. Walker, W. N. Chia, and H. Muirhead, J. Mol. Biol. 228:265-276, 1992; H. Sakai and T. Ohta, Eur. J. Biochem...
- [Essential expression and inducible synthesis polymorphism of chitinase in Bacillus thuringiensis]Chichu Xie
Department of Microbiology, Nankai University, Tianjin 300071, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 26:1532-8. 2010..Two strains No. 38 and No. 75 belonged to different expression types. But we just found several different bases in the regulatory region of chitinase genes chiA and chiB from them.
- Chitin utilization by the insect-transmitted bacterium Xylella fastidiosaNabil Killiny
Department of Environmental Science, Policy and Management, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:6134-40. 2010..fastidiosa. An ortholog of the chitinase A gene (chiA) was identified in the X. fastidiosa genome...
- Identification of intestinal bacteria from Japanese flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus) and their ability to digest chitinH Sugita
Department of Marine Science and Resources, Nihon University, Fujisawa, Kanagawa, Japan
Lett Appl Microbiol 43:336-42. 2006..The aim of the present study was to clarify the taxonomic status of intestinal bacteria isolated from Japanese flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus) and describe their ability to digest chitin...
- Cloning and expression of a cellulase gene in the silkworm, Bombyx mori by improved Bac-to-Bac/BmNPV baculovirus expression systemXing Hua Li
Key Laboratory of Animal Epidemic Etiology and Immunological Prevention of Ministry of Agriculture, College of Animal Sciences, Zhejiang University, 310029, Hangzhou, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 37:3721-8. 2010..a newly established Bac-to-Bac/BmNPV mutant baculovirus expression system, which lacks the virus-encoded chitinase (chiA) and cathepsin (v-cath) genes of Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus (BmNPV)...
- Chitotriosidase is the primary active chitinase in the human lung and is modulated by genotype and smoking habitMax A Seibold
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 122:944-950.e3. 2008..b>Acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) and chitotriosidase (CHIT1) have chitinolytic activity, but relatively little is known about ..
- Quantitation of fatty acids, sterols, and tocopherols in turpentine (Pistacia terebinthus Chia) growing wild in TurkeyBertrand Matthäus
Institute for Lipid Research, Federal Research Center for Nutrition and Food, Piusallee 68 76, 48147 Münster, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 54:7667-71. 2006..Other sterols in noteworthy amounts were campesterol, Delta5-avenasterol, and stigmasterol, which came to about 3-5% of the total sterols...
- The ChiA (YheB) protein of Escherichia coli K-12 is an endochitinase whose gene is negatively controlled by the nucleoid-structuring protein H-NSO Francetic
Unité de Génétique Moléculaire, CNRS URA1773, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75734 Paris, Cedex 15, France
Mol Microbiol 35:1506-17. 2000The chromosome of Escherichia coli K-12 contains a putative gene, yheB (chiA), at centisome 74.7, whose product shows sequence similarity with chitinases of bacterial and viral origin...
- G561 site-directed deletion mutant chitinase from Aeromonas caviae is active without its 304 C-terminal amino acid residuesF P Lin
Institute of Marine Biotechnology, National Taiwan Ocean University, Keelung, Taiwan
Arch Microbiol 175:220-5. 2001A G561 mutant of the Aeromonas caviae chitinase ChiA was made by PCR site-directed deletion mutagenesis in order to study the role of the 304 C-terminal amino acid residues of ChiA in the enzymatic hydrolysis of chitin...
- Modification of recombinant maize ChitA chitinase by fungal chitinase-modifying proteinsTodd A Naumann
Bacterial Food borne Pathogens and Mycology Research Unit, National Center for Agriculture Utilization Research, Peoria, IL 61604, USA
Mol Plant Pathol 12:365-72. 2011In commercial maize, there are at least two different alleles of the chiA gene that encode alloforms of ChitA chitinase, a protein that is abundant in developing seed...
- Functional comparison of recombinant acidic mammalian chitinase with enzyme from murine bronchoalveolar lavageEric R Goedken
Abbott Bioresearch Center, 100 Research Drive, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Protein Expr Purif 75:55-62. 2011b>Acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) is an enzyme that selectively degrades the biopolymer chitin. Several chitinase enzymes are utilized by mammals to hydrolyze chitin encountered by inhalation and ingestion...
- Purification and characterization of a viral chitinase active against plant pathogens and herbivores from transgenic tobaccoAntimo Di Maro
Dipartimento di Scienze della Vita, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Via Vivaldi 43, I 81100 Caserta, Italy
J Biotechnol 147:1-6. 2010The Autographa californica nucleopolyhedrovirus chitinase A (AcMNPV ChiA) is a chitinolytic enzyme with fungicidal and insecticidal properties. Its expression in transgenic plants enhances resistance against pests and fungal pathogens...
- The activity and expression of chitinase in the equine lung and its activity in normal horses and animals with recurrent airway obstructionColm J Reid
Veterinary Sciences Centre, School of Agriculture, Food Science and Veterinary Medicine, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Res Vet Sci 87:20-5. 2009..express chitinases and chitinase-like proteins, two of which are active enzymes, chitotriosidase and acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase). Both enzymes are upregulated in a range of inflammatory conditions, including asthma...
- Genomic analysis and initial characterization of the chitinolytic system of Microbulbifer degradans strain 2-40Michael B Howard
Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 20742, USA
J Bacteriol 185:3352-60. 2003..The chitinolytic system includes three secreted chitin depolymerases (ChiA, ChiB, and ChiC), a secreted chitin-binding protein (CbpA), periplasmic chitooligosaccharide-modifying enzymes, ..
- Escherichia coli can produce recombinant chitinase in the soil to control the pathogenesis by Fusarium oxysporum without colonizationSoohee Chung
Department of Applied Microbiology, College of Natural Resources, Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan 712 749, Korea
J Microbiol Biotechnol 17:474-80. 2007Fusarium wilt of cucumbers was effectively controlled by Escherichia coli expressing an endochitinase gene (chiA), and the rate was as effective (60.0%) as the wildtype strain S. proteamaculans 3095 (55.0%) where the gene was cloned...
- Evaluation of the wound healing effect of some Jordanian traditional medicinal plants formulated in Pluronic F127 using mice (Mus musculus)Enam A Khalil
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan
J Ethnopharmacol 109:104-12. 2007The wound healing effect of the aqueous extracts of Inula viscosa, Ajuga chia, Rubia taenifolia and Parieteria diffusa, and the oil of Laurus nobilis, dispersed in water, were examined...
- Role of chitin and chitinase/chitinase-like proteins in inflammation, tissue remodeling, and injuryChun Geun Lee
Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8057, USA
Annu Rev Physiol 73:479-501. 2011..However, their roles have only recently begun to be elucidated. Acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) inhibits chitin-induced innate inflammation; augments chitin-free, allergen-induced Th2 ..
- An endochitinase A from Vibrio carchariae: cloning, expression, mass and sequence analyses, and chitin hydrolysisWipa Suginta
School of Biochemistry, Suranaree University of Technology, Nakhon Ratchasima 30000, Thailand
Arch Biochem Biophys 424:171-80. 2004..The enzyme has a highly conserved catalytic TIM-barrel region as previously described for Serratia marcescens ChiA. The Mr of the native chitinase A was determined to be 62,698, suggesting that the C-terminal proteolytic cleavage ..
- Predictors of health promotion lifestyle among three ethnic groups of elderly rural women in TaiwanH H Wang
Kaohsiung Medical College School of Nursing, Taiwan
Public Health Nurs 16:321-8. 1999..A convenience sample of 599 elderly rural women was recruited from three rural areas: Kao-Shu, San-Di-Men, and Ma-Chia. Ho-Lo, Hakka, and aboriginal people are the three main ethnic groups in these areas...
- Insights into the role of the (alpha+beta) insertion in the TIM-barrel catalytic domain, regarding the stability and the enzymatic activity of chitinase A from Serratia marcescensAthanassios C Zees
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Panepistimiopolis Zographou, 15784 Athens, Greece
Biochim Biophys Acta 1794:23-31. 2009Chitinase A (ChiA) from Serratia marcescens is a mesophilic enzyme with high catalytic activity and high stability...
- Conservation of the chitin utilization pathway in the VibrionaceaeDana E Hunt
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 48 417, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:44-51. 2008..The majority of isolates grew on alpha (crab shell) and beta (squid pen) chitin and contained chitinase A (chiA) genes...
- Serratia marcescens chitinases with tunnel-shaped substrate-binding grooves show endo activity and different degrees of processivity during enzymatic hydrolysis of chitosanPawel Sikorski
Department of Physics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, 7491 Trondheim, Norway
Biochemistry 45:9566-74. 2006The modes of action of three family 18 chitinases (ChiA, ChiB, and ChiC) from Serratia marcescens during the degradation of a water-soluble polymeric substrate, chitosan, were investigated using a combination of viscosity measurements, ..
- Enhancement of preneoplastic lesion yield by Chios Mastic Gum in a rat liver medium-term carcinogenesis bioassayKenichiro Doi
Department of Pathology, Osaka City University Medical School, Abeno Ku, Osaka, Japan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 234:135-42. 2009The mastic (Pistacia lentiscus var. chia) tree is native throughout the Mediterranean region and has long proved a source of food additives and medical treatments...
- A transcriptomic computational analysis of mastic oil-treated Lewis lung carcinomas reveals molecular mechanisms targeting tumor cell growth and survivalPanagiotis Moulos
Institute of Biological Research and Biotechnology, National Hellenic Research Foundation, Athens, Greece
BMC Med Genomics 2:68. 2009Mastic oil from Pistacia lentiscus variation chia, a blend of bioactive terpenes with recognized medicinal properties, has been recently shown to exert anti-tumor growth activity through inhibition of cancer cell proliferation, survival, ..
- Evaluation of the antiprotozoal activity of neo-clerodane type diterpenes from Salvia polystachya against Entamoeba histolytica and Giardia lambliaFernando Calzada
Unidad de Investigación Médica en Farmacología de Productos Naturales, UMAE Hospital de Pediatria, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, IMSS, Mexico DF, Mexico
Phytother Res 24:662-5. 2010b>Chia (Salvia polystachya Ort., Lamiaceae) is frequently used in Mexican traditional medicine to treat dysentery...
- Effect of Chia oil (Salvia Hispanica) rich in omega-3 fatty acids on the eicosanoid release, apoptosis and T-lymphocyte tumor infiltration in a murine mammary gland adenocarcinomaC E Espada
Ia Cátedra de Biología Celular, Histología y Embriología, Instituto de Biologia Celular, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Ciudad Universitaria, Casilla de Correos 220, 5000, Cordoba, Argentina
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 77:21-8. 2007..05). Present data showed that ChO, an ancient and almost unknown source of omega-3, inhibits growth and metastasis in this tumor model...
- Expression and characterization of the chitinases from Serratia marcescens GEI strain for the control of Varroa destructor, a honey bee parasiteShuang Tu
College of Life Sciences, Sun Yat Sen University, 510275 Guangzhou, China
J Invertebr Pathol 104:75-82. 2010..The expressed chitinases ChiA, ChiB and ChiC1 from S...
- The chitinase and chitinase-like proteins: a review of genetic and functional studies in asthma and immune-mediated diseasesCarole Ober
Department of Human Genetics, The University of Chicago, Illinois 60636, USA
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 9:401-8. 2009..chitotriosidase (CHIT1), YKL-40, and acid mammalian chitinase, and summarizes the genetic studies of asthma and immune-mediated diseases with polymorphisms in the genes encoding these proteins, CHIT1, CHI3L1, and CHIA, respectively.
- Thermal and physicochemical properties and nutritional value of the protein fraction of Mexican chia seed (Salvia hispanica L.)B L Olivos-Lugo
Facultad de Quimica, Departamento de Alimentos y Biotecnología Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Mexico DF 04510, Mexico
Food Sci Technol Int 16:89-96. 2010Thermal, functional and nutritional properties of the main protein fractions and a protein isolate of chia seed from the state of Jalisco, Mexico, were studied by differential scanning calorimetry, gelling, foaming, water-holding capacity ..
- Cloning and comparison of phylogenetically related chitinases from Listeria monocytogenes EGD and Enterococcus faecalis V583J J Leisner
Department of Veterinary Disease Biology, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg C, Denmark
J Appl Microbiol 107:2080-7. 2009To compare enzymatic activities of two related chitinases, ChiA and EF0361, encoded by Listeria monocytogenes and Enterococcus faecalis, respectively.
- Identification and characterization of a chitinase of Stenotrophomonas maltophilia, a bacterium that is antagonistic towards fungal phytopathogensUrszula Jankiewicz
Department of Biochemistry, Warsaw University of Life Sciences, SGGW, Nowoursynowska 159, 02 776 Warsaw, Poland
J Biosci Bioeng 113:30-5. 2012..analysis, the peptides derived from the purified chitinase were assigned to amino acid sequences of the type ChiA chitinases synthesized by Stenotrophomonas bacteria...
- Chia (Salvia hispanica L) gel can be used as egg or oil replacer in cake formulationsRafael Borneo
Ministerio de Ciencia y Tecnologia, Alvarez de Arenales 230, B Juniors X5004AAP, Cordoba, Argentina
J Am Diet Assoc 110:946-9. 2010..the overall acceptability, sensory characteristics, functional properties, and nutrient content of cakes made using chia (Salvia hispanica L) gel as a replacement for oil or eggs...
- Chitinase effects on immune cell response in neuromyelitis optica and multiple sclerosisJorge Correale
Department of Neurology, Raul Carrea Institute for Neurological Research, FLENI, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mult Scler 17:521-31. 2011..Recent studies conducted in arthritis, asthma, and inflammatory bowel disease suggest that chitinases are important in inflammatory processes and tissue remodeling...
- The chitinolytic activity of Listeria monocytogenes EGD is regulated by carbohydrates but also by the virulence regulator PrfAM H Larsen
Department of Veterinary Disease Biology, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:6470-6. 2010..Chitin hydrolysis by Listeria monocytogenes depends on two chitinase-encoding genes, chiA and chiB, and the aim of this study was to investigate their regulation...
- Chios mastic, a natural supplement for zinc to enhance male sexuality and prostate functionThomas Sawidis
Department of Botany, University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Pharm Biol 48:48-54. 2010Mastic is a natural resin extracted from the stem of the evergreen tree Pistacia lentiscus var. Chia (Duham) (Anacardiaceae). For a long time, mastic has been esteemed for its aphrodisiac properties...
- Chromatin interaction analysis using paired-end tag sequencingMelissa J Fullwood
Genome Institute of Singapore, Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Singapore
Curr Protoc Mol Biol . 2010Chromatin Interaction Analysis using Paired-End Tag sequencing (ChIA-PET) is a technique developed for large-scale, de novo analysis of higher-order chromatin structures...
- Acidic mammalian chitinase in dry eye conditionsMaria Musumeci
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Molecular Medicine, Italian National Institute of Health, Rome, Italy
Cornea 28:667-72. 2009An acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) seems to be implicated in allergic asthma and allergic ocular pathologies...
- A decade of 3C technologies: insights into nuclear organizationElzo de Wit
Hubrecht Institute KNAW, University Medical Center Utrecht, CT Utrecht, The Netherlands
Genes Dev 26:11-24. 2012..including 4C [chromosome conformation capture-on-chip], 5C [chromosome conformation capture carbon copy], HiC, and ChIA-PET), summarize their contribution to our current understanding of genome structure, and discuss how shape ..
- Omega-3 enriched egg production: the effect of α -linolenic ω -3 fatty acid sources on laying hen performance and yolk lipid content and fatty acid compositionA Antruejo
Fac Cs Veterinarias Universidad Nacional de Rosario, 2170 Casilda, Argentina
Br Poult Sci 52:750-60. 2011..4. Flaxseed and flaxseed oil, along with chia seed and chia seed oil, were the two main sources of ω-3 fatty acid examined during the 84 d trial. 5...
- Nitrogen regulates chitinase gene expression in a marine bacteriumMarina W Delpin
School of Biological Sciences, Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
ISME J 3:1064-9. 2009Ammonium concentration and nitrogen source regulate promoter activity and use for the transcription of chiA, the major chitinase gene of Pseudoalteromonas sp. S91 and S91CX, an S91 transposon lacZ fusion mutant...
- Chia (Salvia hispanica L.) seed as an n-3 fatty acid source for finishing pigs: effects on fatty acid composition and fat stability of the meat and internal fat, growth performance, and meat sensory characteristicsW Coates
The University of Arizona, Office of Arid Lands Studies, Sonoita 85637, USA
J Anim Sci 87:3798-804. 2009..b>Chia seed (Salvia hispanica L...
- Human chitinases and chitinase-like proteins as indicators for inflammation and cancerJulia Kzhyshkowska
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, University Medical Centre Mannheim, Ruprecht Karls, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim D 68167, Germany
Biomark Insights 2:128-46. 2007..Chitotriosidase and AMCase are true enzymes which hydrolyse chitin and have a C-terminal chitin-binding domain...
- Analyzing airway inflammation with chemical biology: dissection of acidic mammalian chitinase function with a selective drug-like inhibitorTara E Sutherland
Centre for Immunity, Infection and Evolution, and the Institute of Immunology and Infection Research, School of Biological Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Chem Biol 18:569-79. 2011b>Acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) is produced in the lung during allergic inflammation and asthma, and inhibition of enzymatic activity has been considered as a therapeutic strategy...
- Estrogen receptor action in three dimensions - looping the loopVasiliki Theodorou
Cancer Research UK, Cambridge Research Institute, Robinson Way, Cambridge, CB2 0RE, UK
Breast Cancer Res 12:303. 2010..A recent paper describes a new technique, called ChIA-PET (chromatin interaction analysis using paired-end tag sequencing), that can directly address these questions...
- A novel bifunctional peptidic aspartic protease inhibitor inhibits chitinase A from Serratia marcescens: Kinetic analysis of inhibition and binding affinityAjit Kumar
Division of Biochemical Sciences, National Chemical Laboratory, Pune 411 008, India
Biochim Biophys Acta 1800:526-36. 2010..Here, we report a novel peptidic inhibitor API (Aspartic Protease Inhibitor), isolated from Bacillus licheniformis that inhibits chitinase A (ChiA) from Serratia marcescens.
- Expression and characterization of Bacillus licheniformis chitinase (ChiA), suitable for bioconversion of chitin wasteChomphunuch Songsiriritthigul
Synchrotron Light Research Institute Public Organization, 111 University Avenue, Nakhon Ratchasima 30000, Thailand
Bioresour Technol 101:4096-103. 2010..This paper reports on the expression of endochitinase (ChiA) from Bacillus licheniformis strain DSM8785 in E. coli and characterization of the recombinant enzyme...
- Role of eotaxin-3 in chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polypsZhaowei Gu
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, China Medical University Affiliated Shengjing Hospital, Shenyang City, Liaoning Province, China
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 145:324-6. 2011..Eotaxin-3, acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase), and interleukin (IL)–13 as focal immune factors have been detected in CRSwNP, but their ..
- The roles of three Serratia marcescens chitinases in chitin conversion are reflected in different thermodynamic signatures of allosamidin bindingJamil Baban
Department of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Food Science, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, P O Box 5003, N 1432 As, Norway
J Phys Chem B 114:6144-9. 2010..At pH 6.0, chitinase A (ChiA) binds allosamidin with a K(d) value of 0.17 +/- 0...
- Targeting angiogenesis in an age of personalized medicineGopi K Kota
Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Winston Salem, NC
Cancer Biol Ther 10:874-7. 2010..treatment: Simultaneous blocking of VEGF receptor-1 and 2 Feng-Jen Tseng, Yu-Cheng Chen, Yu-Ling Lin, Nu-Man Tsai, Ru-Ping Lee, Yo-Shong Chung, Chia-Hung Chen, Yen-Ku Liu, Yu-Shan Huang, Chia-Hsiang Hwang, Yiu-Kay Lai and Kuang-Wen Liao.
- The role of rabbit meat as functional foodAntonella Dalle Zotte
Department of Animal Science, University of Padova, Agripolis, 35020, Legnaro PD, Italy
Meat Sci 88:319-31. 2011..Dietary fortification with vitamin E or natural products such as oregano essential oil, chia seed oil, and Spirulina platensis microalga seem promising in improving the oxidative stability of rabbit meat ..
- Contributions of Francisella tularensis subsp. novicida chitinases and Sec secretion system to biofilm formation on chitinJeffrey J Margolis
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:596-608. 2010..tularensis to persist using chitin as a sole carbon source is dependent on chitinases, since mutants lacking chiA or chiB are attenuated for chitin colonization and biofilm formation in the absence of exogenous sugar...
- Acidic mammalian chitinase is not a critical target for allergic airway diseaseLori J Fitz
Inflammation and Immunology Research Unit, Pfizer, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02140, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 46:71-9. 2012The expression of acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) is associated with Th2-driven respiratory disorders...
- Oral administration of chios mastic gum or extracts in mice: quantification of triterpenic acids by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryNikolaos Lemonakis
Laboratory of Pharmacology Pharmacotechnology, Biomedical Research Foundation Academy of Athens, Athens, Greece
Planta Med 77:1916-23. 2011Chios mastic gum, the resin obtained as an exudate from the trunk and branches of Pistacia lentiscus L var. chia, is used extensively as a constituent of herbal drugs or functional foods...
- Role of acidic mammalian chitinase and chitotriosidase in nasal polypsSeong Kook Park
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Inje University College of Medicine, Busan Paik Hospital, Busan, Korea
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 141:462-6. 2009..b>Acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) and chitotriosidase (ChT) have chitinolytic activity, but little is known about their roles in ..
- Oxidative stress and asthma: proteome analysis of chitinase-like proteins and FIZZ1 in lung tissue and bronchoalveolar lavage fluidLifeng Zhang
Division of NanoMedicine, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Proteome Res 8:1631-8. 2009..mice compared to a control group: Chitinase 3-like protein 3 (Yml), Chitinase 3-like protein 4 (Ym2), acidic mammalian Chitinase (AMCase), pulmonary surfactant-associated protein D (SP-D), resistin-like molecule alpha (RELMalpha) or &..
- Differential enzymatic activity of common haplotypic versions of the human acidic Mammalian chitinase proteinMax A Seibold
Department of Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Biol Chem 284:19650-8. 2009Mouse models have shown the importance of acidic mammalian chitinase activity in settings of chitin exposure and allergic inflammation...
- Alterations in erythrocyte plasma membrane ATPase activity and adenine nucleotide content in a spontaneously diabetic subline of the Chinese hamsterD Bettin
, Greifswald, Germany
Horm Metab Res 28:1-6. 1996..activity, we determined membrane ATPase activity and ATP concentrations in red blood cells of diabetes-resistant CHIA and diabetes-susceptible CHIG sublines of the Chinese hamster...
- Effect of dietary alpha-linolenic fatty acid derived from chia when fed as ground seed, whole seed and oil on lipid content and fatty acid composition of rat plasmaRicardo Ayerza
Office of Arid Lands Studies, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85637, USA
Ann Nutr Metab 51:27-34. 2007..32 male Wistar rats were fed ad libitum four isocaloric diets with the energy derived from corn oil (T(1)), whole chia seed (T(2)), ground chia seed (T(3)), or chia oil (T(4)) for 30 days...
- Identification of a new single-nucleotide mutation on the hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase gene from 983 cases with gout in TaiwanChien Hui Wu
Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology, Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital at Chia Yi, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taiwan
J Rheumatol 34:794-7. 2007..We evaluated its frequency and sought to identify a new genetic variation in a case with HPRT deficiency...
- Antiproliferative activity and induction of apoptosis in human colon cancer cells treated in vitro with constituents of a product derived from Pistacia lentiscus L. var. chiaK V Balan
Department of Biology, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Miami, FL, USA
Phytomedicine 14:263-72. 2007....
- Genetic polymorphisms of chitotriosidase in Caucasian children with bronchial asthmaS Bierbaum
Centre for Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, University of Freiburg, Germany
Int J Immunogenet 33:201-4. 2006In humans, two types of chitinases have been identified: chitotriosidase I (CHIT1) and acid mammalian chitinase (AMCase). They are enzymes that cleave chitin, a polysaccharide contained in many different human parasites...
- Polymorphisms and haplotypes of acid mammalian chitinase are associated with bronchial asthmaSibylle Bierbaum
University Children s Hospital, University of Freiburg, Germany
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 172:1505-9. 2005..Recent studies in mouse models of bronchial asthma have shown that acid mammalian chitinase (AMCase) is involved in the pathophysiology of asthma...
- Expression of a soluble flavone synthase allows the biosynthesis of phytoestrogen derivatives in Escherichia coliEffendi Leonard
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, 904 Furnas Hall, Buffalo, NY 14260, USA
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 70:85-91. 2006..consists of 4CL-2 (4-coumarate:CoA ligase) and FSI (flavone synthase I) from parsley, chsA (chalcone synthase) and chiA (chalcone isomerase) from Petunia hybrida, and OMT1A (7-O-methyltransferase) from peppermint...
- Marked differences in tissue-specific expression of chitinases in mouse and manRolf G Boot
Department of Biochemistry, University of Amsterdam Academic Medical Center, The Netherlands
J Histochem Cytochem 53:1283-92. 2005..chitinases have been identified in mammals: a phagocyte-specific enzyme named chitotriosidase and an acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) expressed in the lungs and gastrointestinal tract...
- Antiatherogenic effect of Pistacia lentiscus via GSH restoration and downregulation of CD36 mRNA expressionGeorge V Z Dedoussis
Department of Science of Dietetics Nutrition, Harokopio University, 70 El Venizelou Str, 17 671 Kallithea, Athens, Greece
Atherosclerosis 174:293-303. 2004Pistacia lentiscus var. Chia (Anacardiaceae) grows almost exclusively on Chios Island, Greece, and gives a resinous exudate resin used for culinary purposes by Mediterranean people...
- Lifetime exposure to environmental tobacco smoke and cervical intraepithelial neoplasms among nonsmoking Taiwanese womenMing Tsang Wu
Graduate Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, Department of Occupational Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Arch Environ Health 58:353-9. 2003..The study was conducted in Chia-Yi, a city in southwestern Taiwan...
- Family 18 chitinase-oligosaccharide substrate interaction: subsite preference and anomer selectivity of Serratia marcescens chitinase ANathan N Aronson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL 36688, USA
Biochem J 376:87-95. 2003..and anomers of the products formed during the hydrolysis of chitin oligosaccharides by the Family 18 chitinase A (ChiA) from Serratia marcescens were analysed by hydrophilic interaction chromatography using a novel approach in which ..
- Methane emission from fields with differences in nitrogen fertilizers and rice varieties in Taiwan paddy soilsRey May Liou
Department of Environmental Engineering and Health, Chia Nan University of Pharmacy and Science, Tainan 717, Taiwan, ROC
Chemosphere 50:237-46. 2003..The experiment was conducted in fields located at Tainan District Agricultural Improvement Station in Chia-Yi county (23 degrees 25'08"N, 120 degrees 16'26"E) of southern Taiwan throughout the first and the ..
- Cellular expression of gut chitinase mRNA in the gastrointestinal tract of mice and chickensMasako Suzuki
Department of Veterinary Medicine, Faculty of Agriculture, Iwate University, Morioka, Japan
J Histochem Cytochem 50:1081-9. 2002Recently, the second mammalian chitinase, designated acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase), has been identified in human, mouse, and cow...
- Characterization of Pseudomonas aeruginosa chitinase, a gradually secreted proteinJ Folders
Department of Molecular Microbiology, Institute of Biomembranes, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Bacteriol 183:7044-52. 2001..The protein shows sequence similarity to the secreted chitinases ChiC of Serratia marcescens, ChiA of Vibrio harveyi, and ChiD of Bacillus circulans and consists of an activity domain and a chitin-binding domain, ..
- A novel serum chitinase that is expressed in bovine liverM Suzuki
Department of Veterinary Medicine, Faculty of Agriculture, Iwate University, Morioka, Japan
FEBS Lett 506:127-30. 2001..secreted as an endocrine chitinase, it shows higher homology with human gastrointestinal tract exocrine chitinase (AMCase) than with macrophage endocrine chitinase (human chitotriosidase)...
- First long-term study of the seroresponse to the agent of human granulocytic ehrlichiosis among residents of a tick-endemic area of SwedenB Wittesjö
Department of Communicable Disease Control, Blekinge Hospital, Karlskrona, Sweden
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 20:173-8. 2001..Immunoglobulin G antibodies to granulocytic ehrlichiosis were detected by an immunofluorescence assay using Ehrli- chia equi as antigen...
- Characterization of chitinase C from a marine bacterium, Alteromonas sp. strain O-7, and its corresponding gene and domain structureH Tsujibo
Osaka University of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 64:472-8. 1998..The N-terminal domain (59 amino acids) was similar to that found in the C-terminal extension of ChiA (50 amino acids) of this strain and furthermore showed significant sequence homology to the regions found in ..
- Targeted deletion of genes encoding extracellular enzymes in Bacillus licheniformis and the impact on the secretion capabilityJens Waldeck
Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Institut fur Molekulare Mikrobiologie und Biotechnologie, Corrensstrasse 3, 48149 Munster, Germany
J Biotechnol 130:124-32. 2007..Single, double, and triple mutants with deletions of celA, chiA, and amyB, respectively, were generated via in vivo recombination by making use of a vector with a temperature ..
- Arabino-galactan proteins from Pistacia lentiscus var. chia: isolation, characterization and biological functionF Kottakis
Laboratory of Biochemistry, School of Chemistry, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Amino Acids 34:413-20. 2008..pylori, as is reported for the total CMG, or for O-glycans that possess terminal alpha1, 4-linked N-acetylglucosamine and are expressed in the human gastric mucosa; this has to be further investigated...
- The regulator CdsS/CdsR two-component system modulates expression of genes involved in chitin degradation of Pseudoalteromonas piscicida strain O-7Katsushiro Miyamoto
Department of Microbiology, Osaka University of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 4 20 1 Nasahara, Takatsuki, Osaka, 569 1094 Japan
Arch Microbiol 188:619-28. 2007..that phosphorylated CdsR (CdsR-P) was bound to not only near the promoter region of aprIV gene but also those of chiA, chiB, chiC, chiD and cbp1 genes which are induced in the presence of GlcNAc...
- Altitude hypoxia increases glucose uptake in human heartChi Hsien Chen
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Taipei Medical University Wan Fang Hospital, Taiwan
High Alt Med Biol 10:83-6. 2009Chen, Chi-Hsien, Yuh-Feng Liu, Shin-Da Lee, Wen-Chih Lee, Ying-Lan Tsai, Chien-Wen Hou, Chih-Yang Huang, and Chia-Hua Kuo. Altitude hypoxia increases glucose uptake in human heart. High Alt. Med Biol. 10:83-86, 2009...
- Effects of mastic gum Pistacia lentiscus var. Chia on innate cellular immune effectorsFilippos Kottakis
Laboratory of Biochemistry, School of Chemistry, American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association Hospital, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:143-9. 2009..pylori-infected patients and healthy controls...
- Generation of antibacterial oligosaccharides derived from chitin using heterologous endochitinase synthesized in Escherichia coliJ E Barboza-Corona
Departamento de Ingeniería en Alimentos, Instituto de Ciencias Agricolas, Universidad de Guanajuato, Irapuato, Guanajuato, Mexico
J Appl Microbiol 105:1511-20. 2008..To synthesize two heterologous endochitinases in Escherichia coli and demonstrate their potential for applied use in generating antibacterial chitin-derived oligosaccharides (OGS)...
- Global health opportunities in surgery: a guide for medical students and facultyPablo Guzman
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
J Surg Educ 65:384-7. 2008A four-week surgical rotation at the Clinica Universitaria Teleton in Chia, Colombia, was arranged for a U.S. student at the completion of the first year of medical school...
- High Frequency Ultrasound Arrays : Intracardiac ImagingDavid Sahn; Fiscal Year: 2006..a pioneer in miniaturized array devices for intravascular and intracardiac imaging catheters; and Raymond Chia, PhD, of Irvine Biomedical, a small agile company with expertise in steerable multipolar electrode and ablation ..
- Molecular Events in Urinary Tract FormationCathy Mendelsohn; Fiscal Year: 2009..enable us to hire a full time GRA, Devangini Gandhi and retain a 1/2 time Post-doctoral, research scientist, Ian Chia, to carry out the work in Aim1, whom otherwise we would not be able to support...
- AMCase and BRP-39 in Th2 Inflammation and AsthmaJack Elias; Fiscal Year: 2007..This includes true chitinases such as acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase) and members that lack chitinase activity like breast regression protein-39 (BRP-39)...
- Acidic Mammalian Chitinase in IL-13 / Th2 InflammationZhou Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2006..To test this concept we studied the role of acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase), a 50 kD protein product, in allergic inflammation...
- TYPE II SECRETION AND LEGIONELLA PNEUMOPHILA INFECTIONNicholas Cianciotto; Fiscal Year: 2009..metalloprotease (ProA) and ribonuclease (SrnA) promote amoeba infection, phospholipases C (PlcA/B) and a chitinase (ChiA) facilitates infection of mammalian cells, and a novel protein (Lpg0264) promotes both amoebal and macrophage ..
- TYPE II SECRETION AND LEGIONELLA PNEUMOPHILA INFECTIONNicholas P Cianciotto; Fiscal Year: 2010..metalloprotease (ProA) and ribonuclease (SrnA) promote amoeba infection, phospholipases C (PlcA/B) and a chitinase (ChiA) facilitates infection of mammalian cells, and a novel protein (Lpg0264) promotes both amoebal and macrophage ..
- TYPE II SECRETION AND LEGIONELLA PNEUMOPHILA INFECTIONNicholas P Cianciotto; Fiscal Year: 2011..metalloprotease (ProA) and ribonuclease (SrnA) promote amoeba infection, phospholipases C (PlcA/B) and a chitinase (ChiA) facilitates infection of mammalian cells, and a novel protein (Lpg0264) promotes both amoebal and macrophage ..
- BIOCHEMICAL BASIS OF KERATOCONUSBEATRICE YUE; Fiscal Year: 2007..Creation of the binary mouse line will be subcontracted to Dr. Chia-Yang Liu at the University of Cincinnati...
- Non-parenteral transmission of hepatitis CChia Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007This proposal will provide the applicant, Chia Wang, with training in the epidemiologic study of viral transmission. Dr. Wang is a board certified ID physician with a MS in Epidemiology...