Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CHFR
Description: checkpoint with forkhead and ring finger domains, E3 ubiquitin protein ligase
Alias: RNF116, RNF196, E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase CHFR, RING finger protein 196
Publications125 found, 100 shown here
- Chfr defines a mitotic stress checkpoint that delays entry into metaphaseD M Scolnick
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 4268, USA
Nature 406:430-5. 2000..Here we describe the chfr gene, which is inactivated owing to lack of expression or by mutation in four out of eight human cancer cell lines ..
- Epigenetic inactivation of CHFR in human tumorsMinoru Toyota
Department of Molecular Biology, Cancer Research Institute, Sapporo Medical University, Sapporo 060 8556, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:7818-23. 2003..One such checkpoint, entry into metaphase, is regulated by the CHFR gene encoding a protein possessing forkhead-associated and RING finger domains as well as ubiquitin-ligase activity...
- The checkpoint protein Chfr is a ligase that ubiquitinates Plk1 and inhibits Cdc2 at the G2 to M transitionDongmin Kang
Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305 5020, USA
J Cell Biol 156:249-59. 2002The checkpoint protein Chfr delays entry into mitosis, in the presence of mitotic stress (Scolnick, D.M., and T.D. Halazonetis. 2000. Nature. 406:430-435). We show here that Chfr is a ubiquitin ligase, both in vitro and in vivo...
- Chfr inactivation is not associated to chromosomal instability in colon cancersJacques Bertholon
Unité d Oncologie Moléculaire, INSERM U590, Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Oncogene 22:8956-60. 2003..b>Chfr was recently defined as a central component of a new mitotic checkpoint that delays chromosome condensation in ..
- Aberrant methylation of the CHFR gene is frequently detected in non-invasive colorectal cancerYuki Morioka
Gastroenterological Surgery, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8560, Japan
Anticancer Res 26:4267-70. 2006Aberrant methylation of the CHFR gene associated with gene silencing has been reported in several primary tumors...
- Chfr is required for tumor suppression and Aurora A regulationXiaochun Yu
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Nat Genet 37:401-6. 2005..Expression of the mitotic checkpoint protein Chfr is lost in 20-50% of primary tumors and tumor cell lines...
- The CHFR mitotic checkpoint protein delays cell cycle progression by excluding Cyclin B1 from the nucleusMatthew K Summers
Molecular and Cellular Oncogenesis Program, The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4268, USA
Oncogene 24:2589-98. 2005b>CHFR, a novel checkpoint gene inactivated in human cancer, delays chromosome condensation in cells treated with microtubule poisons...
- Epigenetic inactivation of CHFR and sensitivity to microtubule inhibitors in gastric cancerAyumi Satoh
First Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University, Sapporo, Japan
Cancer Res 63:8606-13. 2003..present study, we examined the functional consequences of epigenetic inactivation of the mitotic checkpoint gene CHFR in gastric cancers...
- Promotion of mitosis by activated protein kinase B after DNA damage involves polo-like kinase 1 and checkpoint protein CHFREmma Shtivelman
Cancer Research Institute, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Mol Cancer Res 1:959-69. 2003..The checkpoint protein CHFR implicated in degradation of Plk1 is involved in the regulation of Plk1 by PKB...
- Aberrant hypermethylation of the CHFR prophase checkpoint gene in human lung cancersKotaro Mizuno
Division of Molecular Oncology, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, 1 1 Kanokoden, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8681, Japan
Oncogene 21:2328-33. 2002The CHFR gene, which was recently cloned by Scolnick and Halazonetis in search for a novel mitotic checkpoint gene with fork-head association motifs, has been suggested to play a key role in the mitotic prophase checkpoint...
- Chfr regulates a mitotic stress pathway through its RING-finger domain with ubiquitin ligase activityPriya Chaturvedi
Department of Oncology Research, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406, USA
Cancer Res 62:1797-801. 2002..The Chfr pathway has been defined recently, and its activation causes a delay in chromosome condensation in response to ..
- The Chfr mitotic checkpoint protein functions with Ubc13-Mms2 to form Lys63-linked polyubiquitin chainsJohn Bothos
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4268, USA
Oncogene 22:7101-7. 2003..The only gene implicated so far in this checkpoint pathway is chfr, whose protein product contains a RING domain and has ubiquitin ligase activity in vitro...
- Frequent hypermethylation of the 5' CpG island of the mitotic stress checkpoint gene Chfr in colorectal and non-small cell lung cancerPaul G Corn
University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Carcinogenesis 24:47-51. 2003b>Chfr, a mitotic stress checkpoint gene, regulates a prophase delay in cells exposed to agents that disrupt microtubules, such as nocodazole and taxol...
- Altered expression of the early mitotic checkpoint protein, CHFR, in breast cancers: implications for tumor suppressionLisa M Privette
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0638, USA
Cancer Res 67:6064-74. 2007Checkpoint with FHA and Ring Finger (CHFR) is hypothesized to mediate a delay in cell cycle progression early in mitosis in response to microtubule stress, independent of the spindle assembly checkpoint...
- CHFR promoter hypermethylation in colon cancer correlates with the microsatellite instability phenotypeJohann C Brandes
Cancer Biology Program, Department of Oncology, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Carcinogenesis 26:1152-6. 2005..of the CpG island in the promoter of the mitotic gene checkpoint with forkhead and ring finger domains (CHFR). This was first observed in the colon cancer cell lines HCT-116, DLD-1, RKO and HT29...
- PML bodies control the nuclear dynamics and function of the CHFR mitotic checkpoint proteinMatthew J Daniels
University of Cambridge, Cancer Research UK Department of Oncology and The Medical Research Council Cancer Cell Unit, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2XZ, UK
Nat Struct Mol Biol 11:1114-21. 2004..Here, we demonstrate that CHFR, a mitotic checkpoint protein frequently inactivated in human cancers, is a dynamic component of PML bodies...
- Epigenetic profiling of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma: promoter hypermethylation of multiple tumor suppressor genes including BCL7a, PTPRG, and p73Remco van Doorn
Department of Dermatology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 23:3886-96. 2005..To analyze the occurrence of promoter hypermethylation in primary cutaneous T-cell lymphoma (CTCL) on a genome-wide scale, focusing on epigenetic alterations with pathogenetic significance...
- SIRT2 downregulation confers resistance to microtubule inhibitors by prolonging chronic mitotic arrestToshiaki Inoue
Division of Human Genome Science, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, School of Life Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, Tottori, Japan
Cell Cycle 8:1279-91. 2009..in response to microtubule inhibitors (MTIs) such as nocodazole, characteristics previously reported for the CHFR protein...
- Simultaneous methylation profiling of tumor suppressor genes in head and neck cancerZubeyde Yalniz
Department of Basic Oncology, Oncology Institute, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
DNA Cell Biol 30:17-24. 2011..b>CHFR, RARβ, DAPK1, and RASFF1 genes were the most frequently methylated genes in tumor tissue...
- Discovery of candidate KEN-box motifs using cell cycle keyword enrichment combined with native disorder prediction and motif conservationSushama Michael
Structural and Computational Biology Unit, EMBL, Meyerhofstrasse 1, D 69117, Heidelberg, Germany
Bioinformatics 24:453-7. 2008..eu.org/), we found that KEN motifs were significantly enriched in human protein entries with cell cycle keywords in the UniProt/Swiss-Prot database-implying that KEN-boxes might be more common than reported...
- TACC3-TSC2 maintains nuclear envelope structure and controls cell divisionLaia Gómez-Baldó
Translational Research Laboratory, Catalan Institute of Oncology, Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute, Barcelona, Spain
Cell Cycle 9:1143-55. 2010..to canonical TSC/mTOR signaling and cytokinetic associations, converges to the early mitotic checkpoint mediated by CHFR, consistently with nuclear envelope associations...
- Integrated analysis of chromosomal, microsatellite and epigenetic instability in colorectal cancer identifies specific associations between promoter methylation of pivotal tumour suppressor and DNA repair genes and specific chromosomal alterationsSarah Derks
Department of Pathology, GROW School for Oncology and Developmental Biology, Maastricht University, Maastricht, 6200 MD, The Netherlands
Carcinogenesis 29:434-9. 2008..the tumour suppressor and DNA repair genes hMLH1, O(6)-MGMT, APC, p14(ARF), p16(INK4A), RASSF1A, GATA-4, GATA-5 and CHFR was analysed using methylation-specific polymerase chain reaction...
- DNMT3B expression might contribute to CpG island methylator phenotype in colorectal cancerKatsuhiko Nosho
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:3663-71. 2009..We hypothesized that cellular DNMT3B level might influence the occurrence of widespread CpG island methylation (i.e., the CpG island methylator phenotype, CIMP) in colon cancer...
- SIRT1 histone deacetylase expression is associated with microsatellite instability and CpG island methylator phenotype in colorectal cancerKatsuhiko Nosho
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Mod Pathol 22:922-32. 2009..promoters (CACNA1G, CDKN2A, CRABP1, IGF2, MLH1, NEUROG1, RUNX3, and SOCS1) and eight other CpG islands (CHFR, HIC1, IGFBP3, MGMT, MINT1, MINT31, p14, and WRN) by MethyLight...
- Alternative efficacy-predicting markers for paclitaxel instead of CHFR in non-small-cell lung cancerMasafumi Takeshita
Division of Pathophysiological and Experimental Pathology, Department of Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Cancer Biol Ther 10:933-41. 2010Experiments using cancer cell lines have revealed that CHFR methylation correlates with sensitivity to microtubule inhibitors...
- Regulation of mitotic exit by the RNF8 ubiquitin ligaseV Plans
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Instituto de Biologia Molecular de Barcelona, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Barcelona, Spain
Oncogene 27:1355-65. 2008..In metazoans, only the mitotic checkpoint regulator CHFR shares this domain architecture...
- FHA-RING ubiquitin ligases in cell division cycle controlL Brooks
Departments of Genetics and Biochemistry and Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 65:3458-66. 2008..Characterized FHA-RING ligases include the two vertebrate proteins, Checkpoint with FHA and RING (Chfr) and RING finger 8 (Rnf8), as well as three fungal proteins, Defective in mitosis (Dma1), Chf1 and Chf2...
- CHFR binds to and regulates MAD2 in the spindle checkpoint through its cysteine-rich domainJennifer A Keller
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 409:389-93. 2011b>CHFR has been implicated as a tumor suppressor in a multitude of cancers. It was originally identified as a major component of the antephase checkpoint...
- First-line therapy and methylation status of CHFR in serum influence outcome to chemotherapy versus EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitors as second-line therapy in stage IV non-small-cell lung cancer patientsFernanda Salazar
Catalan Institute of Oncology, Badalona, Spain
Lung Cancer 72:84-91. 2011..In particular, CHFR is frequently methylated in NSCLC and may influence outcome...
- CHFR: A Novel Mitotic Checkpoint Protein and Regulator of TumorigenesisLisa M Privette
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Transl Oncol 1:57-64. 2008Checkpoint with FHA and RING finger domains (CHFR) was first recognized as an early mitotic checkpoint protein that delayed the cell cycle in response to microtubule-targeting drugs...
- Functional interaction between Chfr and Kif22 controls genomic stabilitySubbareddy Maddika
Department of Therapeutic Radiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Biol Chem 284:12998-3003. 2009Proper activation of checkpoint during mitotic stress is an important mechanism to prevent genomic instability. Chfr (Check point protein with FHA (Forkhead-associated domain) and RING domains) is a ubiquitin-protein isopeptide ligase (E3)..
- Pathobiologic implications of methylation and expression status of Runx3 and CHFR genes in gastric cancerShi Lian Hu
Centre for the study of Gastric Cancer, Anhui Provincial Hospital, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, People s Republic of China
Med Oncol 28:447-54. 2011Runx3 and CHFR genes were defined as tumor suppressor genes in gastric cancer (GC) recently. This paper was to investigate the roles of methylation and expression status of Runx3 and CHFR genes in GC patients...
- Nuclear localization of Chfr is crucial for its checkpoint functionYoung Eun Kwon
School of Biological Sciences, Research Center for Functional Cellulomics, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Mol Cells 27:359-63. 2009b>Chfr, a checkpoint with FHA and RING finger domains, plays an important role in cell cycle progression and tumor suppression...
- Aberrant gene methylation in the lymph nodes provides a possible marker for diagnosing micrometastasis in gastric cancerMasatsugu Hiraki
Department of Surgery, Saga University Faculty of Medicine, 5 1 1 Nabeshima, Saga, 849 8501, Japan
Ann Surg Oncol 17:1177-86. 2010..This study was designed to determine whether gene methylation is a novel diagnostic marker for micrometastasis to the lymph nodes (LNs) in gastric cancer...
- CHFR functions as a ubiquitin ligase for HLTF to regulate its stability and functionsJoo Mi Kim
School of Biological Sciences, Research Center for Functional Cellulomics, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 395:515-20. 2010b>CHFR functions as a mitotic checkpoint by delaying entry into metaphase in response to mitotic stress. CHFR is frequently silenced by hypermethylation in human cancers, indicating that CHFR is a tumor suppressor...
- Structural basis of poly(ADP-ribose) recognition by the multizinc binding domain of checkpoint with forkhead-associated and RING Domains (CHFR)Jasmeen Oberoi
Section of Structural Biology, Institute of Cancer Research, Chester Beatty Laboratories, 237 Fulham Road, London SW3 6JB, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 285:39348-58. 2010..Checkpoint with forkhead-associated and RING domains (CHFR) is central to this checkpoint, and its activity is ablated in many tumors and cancer cell lines through promoter ..
- Comprehensive biostatistical analysis of CpG island methylator phenotype in colorectal cancer using a large population-based sampleKatsuhiko Nosho
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e3698. 2008..METHOLODOLOGY/PRINCIPAL FINDINGS: DNA methylation at 16 CpG islands [the above 5 plus CDKN2A (p16), CHFR, CRABP1, HIC1, IGFBP3, MGMT, MINT1, MINT31, MLH1, p14 (CDKN2A/ARF) and WRN] was quantified in 904 colorectal ..
- Identification of genes associated with tumorigenesis of retinoblastoma by microarray analysisSanjukta Chakraborty
Department of Molecular Reproduction, Development, and Genetics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012, India
Genomics 90:344-53. 2007..data were confirmed by semiquantitative RT-PCR for 5 genes in Rb samples: CDC25A, C17orf75, ERBB3, LATS2, and CHFR. Clusters of differentially expressed genes were identified on chromosomes 1, 16, and 17...
- Epigenetic drivers of genetic alterationsMinoru Toyota
Department of Biochemistry, Sapporo Medical University, Sapporo, Japan
Adv Genet 70:309-23. 2010..associated with G:C-to-A:T mutations in K-ras and p53, while epigenetic inactivation of BRCA1, WRN, FANCF, and CHFR impairs the machinery involved in maintaining genomic integrity...
- Connections between CHFR, the cell cycle, and chemosensitivity: Are they critical in cancer?Jennifer A Keller
Department of Cell and Development Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 10:942-4. 2010
- Cancer epigenomics: implications of DNA methylation in personalized cancer therapyMinoru Toyota
Department of Biochemistry, Cancer Research Institute, Sapporo Medical University, Sapporo 060 8556, Japan
Cancer Sci 100:787-91. 2009..g. MGMT, hMLH1, WRN, and FANCF), and cell-cycle checkpoint genes (e.g. CHFR and 14-3-3 sigma, CDK10, and p73), all reportedly influence the sensitivity to chemotherapeutic drugs, suggesting ..
- SIRT2, a tubulin deacetylase, acts to block the entry to chromosome condensation in response to mitotic stressT Inoue
Department of Human Genome Science, Graduate School of Medical Science, Tottori University, Yonago, Tottori, Japan
Oncogene 26:945-57. 2007..in the early metaphase to prevent chromosomal instability (CIN), characteristics previously reported for the CHFR protein...
- Epigenetic and genetic silencing of CHFR in esophageal adenocarcinomasMohammed Soutto
Department of Surgery, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37323, USA
Cancer 116:4033-42. 2010The checkpoint with forkhead-associated domain and RING-finger domain (CHFR) is a mitotic checkpoint protein with tumor-suppressor functions...
- Methylation profiles of multiple CpG island loci in extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma versus those of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinomasBaek Hee Kim
Department of Pathology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744 South Korea
Arch Pathol Lab Med 131:923-30. 2007..Extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma has been poorly investigated with respect to CpG island hypermethylation, and the number of genes known to be methylated in extrahepatic cholangiocarcinomas is fewer than 20...
- Spindle checkpoint and apoptotic response in alpha-particle transformed human bronchial epithelial cellsJ L Sui
Department of Radiation Toxicology and Oncology, Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, 27 Taiping Road, 100850 Beijing, PR China
Radiat Environ Biophys 43:257-63. 2004..The 5'-CpG island of the Chfr gene, a mitotic checkpoint gene that functions in entry into metaphase, was found to be methylated in BERP35T4 ..
- Alterations of tumor suppressor and tumor-related genes in the development and progression of gastric cancerGen Tamura
Department of Pathology, Yamagata University School of Medicine, 2 2 2 Iida nishi, Yamagata 990 9585, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 12:192-8. 2006..Hypermethylation of tumor suppressor and tumor-related genes, including APC, CHFR, DAP-kinase, DCC, E-cadherin, GSTP1, hMLH1, p16, PTEN, RASSF1A, RUNX3, and TSLC1, can be detected in both ..
- Aberrant promoter hypermethylation of the CHFR gene in oral squamous cell carcinomasSeiji Baba
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Sciences, Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu University, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
Oncol Rep 22:1173-9. 2009..The purpose of this study was to examine the methylation status of CHFR, a novel cell cycle regulatory gene, in both primary oral cancer tumors and the adjacent normal mucosa, and to ..
- Aberrant methylation of the CHFR gene in advanced hepatocellular carcinomaMitsuru Sakai
Department of Surgery II, Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya University, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 52:1854-7. 2005Recently, aberrant methylation of the CHFR gene associated with gene silencing has been reported in several cancers...
- FHA: a signal transduction domain with diverse specificity and functionMing Daw Tsai
Department of Chemistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Structure 10:887-8. 2002The structure of the FHA domain of the Chfr mitotic checkpoint protein described in this issue of Structure represents one of only a few known structures of this newly discovered phosphoprotein binding domain with diverse function and ..
- Small interfering RNA-induced CHFR silencing sensitizes oral squamous cell cancer cells to microtubule inhibitorsKazuhiro Ogi
Department of Molecular Biology, Cancer Research Institute, Department of Oral Surgery, Sapporo Medical University, Sapporo, Japan
Cancer Biol Ther 4:773-80. 2005..Recently, a mitotic checkpoint gene, Chfr, was shown to be inactivated by promoter methylation and point mutations in various human tumors...
- Solution structure of a zinc-finger domain that binds to poly-ADP-riboseShin Isogai
Department of Molecular Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Kyoto Daigaku Katsura, Kyoto 615 8510, Japan
Genes Cells 15:101-10. 2010..pADPr binds to the PBZ domains from CG1218-PA and human checkpoint with FHA (forkhead-associated) and ring finger (CHFR) and mutagenesis suggest that a surface relatively well conserved among PBZ domains may serve as a major interface ..
- A prospective cohort study shows unique epigenetic, genetic, and prognostic features of synchronous colorectal cancersKatsuhiko Nosho
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Gastroenterology 137:1609-20.e1-3. 2009..Synchronous colon cancers have not been compared with control solitary cancers in a prospective study...
- Hypermethylation of Chfr and hMLH1 in gastric noninvasive and early invasive neoplasiasNaoyuki Homma
Department of Pathology, Yamagata University School of Medicine, 990 9585, Yamagata, 2 2 2 Iida nishi, Japan
Virchows Arch 446:120-6. 2005..b>Chfr and hMLH1 hypermethylation, which may lead to chromosomal instability (CIN) and microsatellite instability (MSI), ..
- [Advance of study on effects of Chfr gene of mitosis prophase checkpoint--review]Hui Gong
Department of Hematology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wnhan 430030, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 12:870-4. 2004b>Chfr, a mitotic stress checkpoint gene, regulates a prophase delay in cells exposed to agents that disrupt microtubules, such as nocodazole and taxol. Chfr expression was ubiquitious in normal human tissues...
- CK1 is required for a mitotic checkpoint that delays cytokinesisAlyssa E Johnson
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Curr Biol 23:1920-6. 2013..FHA-RING E3 ligases, including human RNF8 and CHFR and fission yeast Dma1, relay checkpoint signals by binding phosphorylated proteins via their FHA domains and ..
- Cdc123 and checkpoint forkhead associated with RING proteins control the cell cycle by controlling eIF2gamma abundancePawel Bieganowski
Departments of Genetics and Biochemistry and the Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
J Biol Chem 279:44656-66. 2004..domain-binding site to the conserved Thr-274 of Cdc123, suggesting that mammalian D123 is a key target of Chfr. Gcd11, the gamma subunit of eIF2, is an additional Cdc123-interacting protein that is an essential target of the ..
- Yeast Chfr homologs retard cell cycle at G1 and G2/M via Ubc4 and Ubc13/Mms2-dependent ubiquitinationGreta L Loring
Department of Genetics and Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
Cell Cycle 7:96-105. 2008Checkpoint with forkhead-associated and RING (Chfr) is a ubiquitin ligase (E3) that establishes an antephase or prometaphase checkpoint in response to mitotic stress...
- Aberrant gene methylation is a biomarker for the detection of cancer cells in peritoneal wash samples from advanced gastric cancer patientsMasatsugu Hiraki
Department of Surgery, Saga University Faculty of Medicine, Saga, Japan
Ann Surg Oncol 18:3013-9. 2011..To assess whether gene methylation in peritoneal fluid (PF) is clinically feasible for determining micrometastasis to the peritoneum in gastric cancer...
- Dnt1 acts as a mitotic inhibitor of the spindle checkpoint protein dma1 in fission yeastYamei Wang
School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, Fujian, China
Mol Biol Cell 23:3348-56. 2012..Dma1 is a ubiquitin ligase and potential functional relative of the human tumor suppressor Chfr. Dma1 delays mitotic exit and cytokinesis by ubiquitinating a scaffold protein (Sid4) of the septation initiation ..
- Genomic methylation profiling combined with gene expression microarray reveals the aberrant methylation mechanism involved in nasopharyngeal carcinoma taxol resistanceXiaowei Zhang
Department of Otolaryngology Head Neck Surgery, Third Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, China
Anticancer Drugs 23:856-64. 2012..Six of them (DLC1, CHFR, ABCC5, PEG10, ERBB2, and GSTP1) were independently confirmed to contribute to taxol resistance by both methylation-..
- Gene expression profile of a newly established choriocarcinoma cell line, iC3-1, compared to existing choriocarcinoma cell lines and normal placentaY Kobayashi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Placenta 34:110-8. 2013..Bioinformatics analysis showed that several characteristic genes, IGF1R, CHFR, MUC3A, TAF7, PARK7, CDC123 and PSMD8, were significantly upregulated in iC(3)-1 compared to BeWo and JEG3 cells...
- Aggregated low-density lipoprotein induces LRP1 stabilization through E3 ubiquitin ligase CHFR downregulation in human vascular smooth muscle cellsRoi Cal
Cardiovascular Research Center of Barcelona, CSIC ICCC, IIB SantPau, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 33:369-77. 2013..The objective of this study was to analyze the effect of agLDL on the degradation of LRP1 by the ubiquitin-proteasome system in human VSMC...
- Endometrial Cancer and Hypermethylation: Regulation of DNA and MicroRNA by EpigeneticsKouji Banno
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Keio University School of Medicine, Shinanomachi 35 Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Biochem Res Int 2012:738274. 2012..Silencing of genes such as APC and CHFR, Sprouty 2, RASSF1A, GPR54, CDH1, and RSK4 by DNA hypermethylation, onset of Lynch syndrome due to hereditary ..
- USP7 and Daxx regulate mitosis progression and taxane sensitivity by affecting stability of Aurora-A kinaseS Giovinazzi
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Cell Death Differ 20:721-31. 2013..stabilizes cyclin B and reduces stability of the mitotic E3 Ub ligase, checkpoint with forkhead and Ring-finger (CHFR)...
- Aberrant methylation of the CHFR gene in digestive tract cancerYuki Morioka
Gastroenterological Surgery, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya 466 8560, Japan
Anticancer Res 26:1791-5. 2006Recently, aberrant methylation of the CHFR gene associated with gene silencing has been reported in several cancers. The methylation status of the CHFR gene was examined in primary esophageal and gastric carcinomas.
- Association of CHFR promoter methylation with disease recurrence in locally advanced colon cancerMotofumi Tanaka
Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:4531-40. 2011..This study was designed to determine whether DNA methylation biomarkers are associated with recurrence and survival in colon cancer patients...
- CHFR, a potential tumor suppressor, downregulates interleukin-8 through the inhibition of NF-kappaBL Kashima
Department of Molecular Biology, Cancer Research Institute, Sapporo Medical University, Hokkaido, Sapporo, Japan
Oncogene 28:2643-53. 2009The mitotic checkpoint gene CHFR (checkpoint with forkhead and ring finger domains) is silenced in various human cancers by promoter hypermethylation, suggesting that CHFR is a tumor suppressor...
- CHFR protein expression predicts outcomes to taxane-based first line therapy in metastatic NSCLCRathi N Pillai
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Clin Cancer Res 19:1603-11. 2013..the significance of nuclear expression of the mitotic checkpoint gene checkpoint with forkhead and ringfinger domains (CHFR) as predictor of response and overall survival with taxane-based first-line chemotherapy in advanced stage NSCLC.
- CpG island methylation of BNIP3 predicts resistance against S-1/CPT-11 combined therapy in colorectal cancer patientsMasatsugu Hiraki
Department of Surgery, Saga University Faculty of Medicine, Nabeshima, Saga, Japan
Oncol Rep 23:191-7. 2010..The gene methylation of CHFR, p16, RUNX3, E-cadherin, MGMT, hMLH1, ABCG2, UGT1A1 and BNIP3 genes were analyzed in 27 colorectal cancer tissues ..
- Akt interaction with PLC(gamma) regulates the G(2)/M transition triggered by FGF receptors from MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cellsEdith Browaeys-Poly
Laboratoire de Régulation des Signaux de Division, Université Lille 1 Sciences et Technologies, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Anticancer Res 29:4965-9. 2009....
- JC virus T-antigen in colorectal cancer is associated with p53 expression and chromosomal instability, independent of CpG island methylator phenotypeKatsuhiko Nosho
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Neoplasia 11:87-95. 2009..CIMP-specific promoters (CACNA1G, CDKN2A, CRABP1, IGF2, MLH1, NEUROG1, RUNX3, and SOCS1) and eight other loci (CHFR, HIC1, IGFBP3, MGMT, MINT1, MINT31, p14, WRN) by MethyLight...
- Promoter hypermethylation and silencing of CHFR mitotic stress checkpoint gene in human gastric cancersHio Chung Kang
Korean Hereditary Tumor Registry, Cancer Research Institute and Cancer Research Center, Seoul National University, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 799, Korea
Oncol Rep 12:129-33. 2004b>CHFR is a recently identified mitotic stress check-point gene. CHFR is ubiquitously expressed in normal human tissues, whereas loss of CHFR expression has been observed in human tumors...
- Functional characterization of Dma1 and Dma2, the budding yeast homologues of Schizosaccharomyces pombe Dma1 and human ChfrRoberta Fraschini
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie e Bioscienze, Piazza della Scienza 2, 20126 Milan, Italy
Mol Biol Cell 15:3796-810. 2004..uncharacterized budding yeast proteins, Dma1 and Dma2, 58% identical to each other and homologous to human Chfr and Schizosaccharomyces pombe Dma1, both of which have been previously implicated in mitotic checkpoints...
- Novel application of structural equation modeling to correlation structure analysis of CpG island methylation in colorectal cancerNoriko Tanaka
Department of Biostatistics, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Pathol 177:2731-40. 2010..Using a database of 861 colon and rectal cancers, DNA methylation at 16 CpG islands [CACNA1G, CDKN2A (p16/ink4a), CHFR, CRABP1, HIC1, IGF2, IGFBP3, MGMT, MINT-1, MINT-31, MLH1, NEUROG1, p14 (CDKN2A/arf), RUNX3, SOCS1, and WRN] was ..
- Promoter methylation of p16, Runx3, DAPK and CHFR genes is frequent in gastric carcinomaShi Lian Hu
Department of Geriatrics, Affiliated Anhui Province Hospital, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, China
Tumori 96:726-33. 2010..In this study, we determined the promoter hypermethylation status and mRNA expression of 4 genes: p16, Runx3, DAPK and CHFR.
- Protected from the inside: endogenous histone deacetylase inhibitors and the road to cancerLucia Di Marcotullio
Department of Molecular Medicine, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1815:241-52. 2011..has demonstrated that the tumor suppressors HIC1 and DBC1 induce direct repression of Sirt1 function, whereas Chfr and REN(KCTD11/KASH family) downregulate HDAC1, by inducing its ubiquitin-dependent degradation...
- The Stil protein regulates centrosome integrity and mitosis through suppression of ChfrAsher Castiel
Sheba Cancer Research Center and Edmond and Lily Safra Children s Hospital, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Ramat Gan, Israel
J Cell Sci 124:532-9. 2011..We hypothesized that Stil regulates mitosis through the tumor suppressor Chfr, an E3 ligase that blocks mitotic entry in response to mitotic stress...
- Chfr expression is downregulated by CpG island hypermethylation in esophageal cancerYasuyuki Shibata
Department of Surgery II, Nagoya City University Medical School, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
Carcinogenesis 23:1695-9. 2002..condensation in response to mitotic stress, and identified a gene, named checkpoint with FHA and ring finger (Chfr), that seems to be required for delaying prophase in human cells...
- Aberrant methylation of heparan sulfate glucosamine 3-O-sulfotransferase 2 genes as a biomarker in colorectal cancerYasuharu Tokuyama
Department of Surgical Oncology, Gifu University, Graduate School of Medicine, Yanagido 1 1, Gifu 500 8705, Japan
Anticancer Res 30:4811-8. 2010The first aim was to determine whether hypermethylation of certain tumor related genes, including 3OST2, CHFR, RUNX3, and p16, could be detected in Japanese colorectal cancer (CRC) patients...
- Interleukin-6 promotes tumorigenesis by altering DNA methylation in oral cancer cellsJacqueline A Gasche
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Charles A Sammons Cancer Center and Baylor Research Institute, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Int J Cancer 129:1053-63. 2011..IL-6 induced CpG promoter methylation changes in several important putative tumor suppressor genes including CHFR, GATA5 and PAX6. Methylation changes correlated inversely with the changes in the expression of corresponding genes...
- [Study of mRNA expression level and hypermethylation of CHFR promoter in the laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma tissue]Lixia He
Department of Otolaryngology, the Shengjing Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang, 110004, China
Lin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 24:673-7. 2010To explore the relationship between the level of expression and hypermethylation of the CHFR gene and the occurrence and development of laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma (LSCC).
- The auto-ubiquitylation of E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase Chfr at G2 phase is required for accumulation of polo-like kinase 1 and mitotic entry in mammalian cellsJo Sun Kim
Department of Biochemistry, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon 443 721 Korea
J Biol Chem 286:30615-23. 2011The E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase Chfr is a mitotic stress checkpoint protein that delays mitotic entry in response to microtubule damage; however, the molecular mechanism by which Chfr accomplishes this remains elusive...
- Promoter methylation of CHFR gene in gastric carcinoma tissues detected using two methodsZhao Dong Cheng
Department of Gerontology, Province Hospital of Anhui Medical University, Hefei, Anhui 230001, PR China
Chin J Cancer 29:163-6. 2010..Checkpoint with fork head-associated and ring finger (CHFR) governs the transition from prophase to prometaphase in response to mitotic stress...
- Cell cycle regulatory E3 ubiquitin ligases as anticancer targetsTodd R Pray
Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 240 East Grand Avenue, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Drug Resist Updat 5:249-58. 2002..g. Smurf family, CHFR, and Efp), will be discussed...
- CHFR-associated early G2/M checkpoint defects in breast cancer cellsAyse E Erson
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0638, USA
Mol Carcinog 39:26-33. 2004..The search for new regulators of the cell cycle revealed the mitotic checkpoint gene CHFR (checkpoint with forkhead-associated and ring finger)...
- Human embryonic stem cells and metastatic colorectal cancer cells shared the common endogenous human microRNA-26bYan lei Ma
Department of Surgery, The Sixth People s Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
J Cell Mol Med 15:1941-54. 2011..Four genes (TAF12, PTP4A1, CHFR and ALS2CR2) with intersection were found to be the targets of miR-26b...
- Promoter hypermethylation of the Chfr gene in neoplastic and non-neoplastic gastric epitheliaT Honda
Department of Pathology, Yamagata University School of Medicine, 2 2 2 Iida nishi, Yamagata 990 9585, Japan
Br J Cancer 90:2013-6. 2004..However, recently, Chfr (checkpoint with forkhead associated and ring finger), a mitotic stress checkpoint gene, has been reported to be ..
- Chfr acts with the p38 stress kinases to block entry to mitosis in mammalian cellsTakahiro Matsusaka
Wellcome Cancer Research UK Gurdon Institute, and Department of Zoology, Tennis Court Rd, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 1QR, England, UK
J Cell Biol 166:507-16. 2004..to microtubule poisons this "antephase" checkpoint is primarily mediated by the p38 stress kinases and requires the Chfr protein that is absent or inactive in several transformed cell lines and lung tumors...
- Epigenetic DNA hypermethylation: clinical applications in endometrial cancer (Review)Yuriko Muraki
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Oncol Rep 22:967-72. 2009..For example, aberrant hypermethylation of the CHFR gene is correlated with cellular sensitivity to microtubule inhibitors, and this may be useful in treatment of type ..
- Deficiencies in Chfr and Mlh1 synergistically enhance tumor susceptibility in miceZheng Fu
Department of Urology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Clin Invest 119:2714-24. 2009..Growing evidence indicates that checkpoint with forkhead and ring finger domains (CHFR), a recently identified mitotic checkpoint protein, plays an important role in maintaining chromosome integrity and ..
- Highly-methylated colorectal cancers show poorly-differentiated phenotypeKenji Hibi
Department of Surgery, Showa University Fujigaoka Hospital, 1 30 Fujigaoka, Aoba ku, Yokohama 227 8501, Japan
Anticancer Res 26:4263-6. 2006The combined methylation status of pl6, pl4, HLTF, SOCS-1, CDH13, RUNX3 and CHFR was examined in 58 resected primary colorectal cancers using methylation-specific PCR, and the methylation status was correlated with the clinicopathological ..
- Nuc2p, a subunit of the anaphase-promoting complex, inhibits septation initiation network following cytokinesis in fission yeastTing Gang Chew
Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory and the Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore, Singapore
PLoS Genet 4:e17. 2008..Nuc2p appears to function independently of the checkpoint with FHA and ring finger (CHFR)-related protein Dma1p, a known inhibitor of the SIN in fission yeast...
- CpG island methylator phenotype-low (CIMP-low) colorectal cancer shows not only few methylated CIMP-high-specific CpG islands, but also low-level methylation at individual lociTakako Kawasaki
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Mod Pathol 21:245-55. 2008..002). In the other six loci (CHFR, HIC1, IGFBP3, MGMT, MINT31 and WRN), which were not highly specific for CIMP-high, low-level methylation, was not ..
- Aberrant hypermethylation of the promoter region of the CHFR gene is rare in primary breast cancerEriko Tokunaga
Department of Surgery and Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Higashi ku, Japan
Breast Cancer Res Treat 97:199-203. 2006..They interfere with normal mitotic transition and causes cell cycle arrest in the G2-M metaphase. CHFR (checkpoint with forkhead-associated and ring finger) is a recently identified gene, which functions as an ..
- Poly(ADP-ribose)-binding zinc finger motifs in DNA repair/checkpoint proteinsIvan Ahel
Genetic Recombination and, Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, Clare Hall Laboratories, South Mimms, Herts EN6 3LD, UK
Nature 451:81-5. 2008..of poly(ADP-ribose) with this motif in two representative human proteins, APLF (aprataxin PNK-like factor) and CHFR (checkpoint protein with FHA and RING domains), and show that the actions of CHFR in the antephase checkpoint are ..
- DNA methylation profiles of gastric carcinoma characterized by quantitative DNA methylation analysisGyeong Hoon Kang
Department of Pathology, Cancer Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Lab Invest 88:161-70. 2008..Of the 27 selected CpG island loci, 23 were methylated in GC, GCN, and CG and the remainder four loci (DLEC1, CHFR, CYP1B1, and NR3C1) were only methylated in GC...
- Coding region polymorphisms in the CHFR mitotic stress checkpoint gene are associated with colorectal cancer riskHio Chung Kang
Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Republic of Korea
Cancer Lett 260:170-9. 2008b>CHFR was recently identified as an early mitotic checkpoint that delays transition to metaphase in response to mitotic stress...
- Methylation of multiple genes as diagnostic and therapeutic markers in primary head and neck squamous cell carcinomaKangmei Chen
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Henry Ford Health System, 1 Ford Pl, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 133:1131-8. 2007..Changes in DNA methylation have been reported to occur early in carcinogenesis and therefore are potentially important early indicators of existing disease...
- Aberrant methylation of p16 predicts candidates for 5-fluorouracil-based adjuvant therapy in gastric cancer patientsMayumi Mitsuno
Department of Surgery, Saga University Faculty of Medicine, 5 1 1 Nabeshima, Saga 849 8501, Japan
J Gastroenterol 42:866-73. 2007..The present study was designed to determine whether DNA methylation in six cancer-related genes affects recurrence of gastric cancer in patients who received 5-fluorouracil-based adjuvant chemotherapy...
- Relationship of aberrant DNA hypermethylation of CHFR with sensitivity to taxanes in endometrial cancerMegumi Yanokura
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Keio University School of Medicine, Shinanomachi 55, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Oncol Rep 17:41-8. 2007..In this study, we investigated the relationship between aberrant hypermethylation of the CHFR (checkpoint with forkhead-associated and ring finger) mitotic checkpoint gene and sensitivity to taxanes in ..
- Deubiquitination of Chfr, a checkpoint protein, by USP7/HAUSP regulates its stability and activityYoung Mi Oh
School of Biological Sciences, Research Center for Functional Cellulomics, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 357:615-9. 2007b>Chfr, a mitotic stress checkpoint, plays an important role in cell cycle progression, tumor suppression and the processes that require the E3 ubiquitin ligase activity mediated by the RING finger domain...
- Quantitative Analysis of RING E3 Ubiquitin LigasesCHARLES M BRENNER; Fiscal Year: 2010..For example, evidence has been presented that Chfr, a human RING E3 ubiquitin ligase that is inactivated in 20-50% of human tumors (Scolnick and Halazonetis, 2000;..
- CHFR Methylation for Predicting Taxane Sensitivity in Lung and Esophageal CancerJames Herman; Fiscal Year: 2007..cancer patients suggesting that hypermethylation of the checkpoint with forkhead and ring finger domains gene (CHFR) detected by Methylation Specific PCR (MSP) correlates with response to therapy with taxanes and results in ..
- NOVEL MITOTIC CHECKPOINT GENEThanos Halazonetis; Fiscal Year: 2005..They identified a novel human mitotic checkpoint gene, hereafter referred to as chfr. In a panel of eight human cancer cell lines, chfr mRNA and protein were undetectable in three lines and a missense ..
- Structure of Mitotic CheckpointsELENI STAVRIDI; Fiscal Year: 2006..The prophase checkpoint requires the activity of the Chfr gene, which is currently thought to be the most frequently mutated mitotic checkpoint gene in human cancer...
- ISOLATION AND ANALYSIS OF HUMAN DNA REPAIR GENESRandy Legerski; Fiscal Year: 2006..This novel checkpoint was recently defined by the characterization of the human Chfr gene, and is distinct from the well-characterized spindle checkpoint defined by the Mad and Bub proteins...
- MECHANISMS FOR CHEMOPREVENTION OF COLON CANCERCHINTHALAPALLY RAO; Fiscal Year: 2004..Tissue distribution and comparative metabolism studies of curcumin and PEMC will be studied with synthetic [3H] curcumin and [3H]-PEMC in vivo in male F-344 rats. ..
- The Role of Chfr In TumorigenesisZheng Fu; Fiscal Year: 2007b>Chfr is a newly identified early mitotic checkpoint protein that regulates entry into metaphase. Chfr is either mutated or more frequently down-regulated in human cancers...
- PREVENTION OF COLORECTAL CANCER BY iNOS AND COX-2 SELECTIVE INHIBITORSCHINTHALAPALLY RAO; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..