Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CHCHD3
Description: coiled-coil-helix-coiled-coil-helix domain containing 3
Alias: MINOS3, Mic19, PPP1R22, MICOS complex subunit MIC19, coiled-coil-helix-coiled-coil-helix domain-containing protein 3, mitochondrial, mitochondrial inner membrane organizing system 3, protein phosphatase 1, regulatory subunit 22
- Jans D, Wurm C, Riedel D, Wenzel D, Stagge F, Deckers M, et al. STED super-resolution microscopy reveals an array of MINOS clusters along human mitochondria. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:8936-41 pubmed publisher..electron microscopy, we determined the distribution of three known human MINOS subunits (mitofilin, MINOS1, and CHCHD3) in mammalian cells...
- Li H, Ruan Y, Zhang K, Jian F, Hu C, Miao L, et al. Mic60/Mitofilin determines MICOS assembly essential for mitochondrial dynamics and mtDNA nucleoid organization. Cell Death Differ. 2016;23:380-92 pubmed publisher..The downregulation of Mic60/Mitofilin or Mic19/CHCHD3 results in instability of other MICOS components, disassembly of MICOS complex and disorganized mitochondrial ..
- Sastri M, Darshi M, Mackey M, Ramachandra R, Ju S, Phan S, et al. Sub-mitochondrial localization of the genetic-tagged mitochondrial intermembrane space-bridging components Mic19, Mic60 and Sam50. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:3248-3260 pubmed publisher..tomography, we have mapped at nanoscale resolution three key MIB components, Mic19, Mic60 and Sam50 (also known as CHCHD3, IMMT and SAMM50, respectively), in the environment of structural landmarks such as cristae and crista junctions (..
- Guarani V, McNeill E, Paulo J, Huttlin E, FrÃ¶hlich F, Gygi S, et al. QIL1 is a novel mitochondrial protein required for MICOS complex stability and cristae morphology. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..quantitative proteomics, we show that loss of QIL1 resulted in MICOS disassembly with the accumulation of a MIC60-MIC19-MIC25 sub-complex and degradation of MIC10, MIC26, and MIC27...
- Ott C, Dorsch E, Fraunholz M, Straub S, Kozjak Pavlovic V. Detailed analysis of the human mitochondrial contact site complex indicate a hierarchy of subunits. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0120213 pubmed publisher..We show that the most important subunits of the MIB complex in human mitochondria are Mic60/Mitofilin, Mic19/CHCHD3 and an outer membrane component Sam50...
- Sakowska P, Jans D, Mohanraj K, Riedel D, Jakobs S, Chacinska A. The Oxidation Status of Mic19 Regulates MICOS Assembly. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:4222-37 pubmed publisher..However, the mechanisms that underlie MICOS regulation remain poorly understood. MIC19, a peripheral protein of the inner membrane and component of the MICOS complex, was previously reported to be ..
- Deng Q, Guo T, Zhou X, Xi Y, Yang X, Ge W. Cross-Talk Between Mitochondrial Fusion and the Hippo Pathway in Controlling Cell Proliferation During Drosophila Development. Genetics. 2016;203:1777-88 pubmed publisher..Here we identify a Drosophila mitochondrial inner membrane protein ChChd3 as a novel regulator for tissue growth. Loss of ChChd3 leads to tissue undergrowth and cell proliferation defects...