Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CENPW
Description: centromere protein W
Alias: C6orf173, CENP-W, CUG2, centromere protein W, cancer-up-regulated gene 2 protein, cancer-upregulated gene 2
- Ikram M, Fornage M, Smith A, Seshadri S, Schmidt R, Debette S, et al. Common variants at 6q22 and 17q21 are associated with intracranial volume. Nat Genet. 2012;44:539-44 pubmed publisher..5 months). Our data identify two loci associated with head size, with the inversion at 17q21 also likely to be involved in attaining maximal brain size. ..
- Chun Y, Kim R, Lee S. Centromere Protein (CENP)-W Interacts with Heterogeneous Nuclear Ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP) U and May Contribute to Kinetochore-Microtubule Attachment in Mitotic Cells. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0149127 pubmed publisher..Our data imply that CENP-W plays an important role in the attachment and interaction between microtubules and kinetochore during mitosis. ..
- Koh W, Park B, Lee S. A new kinetochore component CENP-W interacts with the polycomb-group protein EZH2 to promote gene silencing. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;464:256-62 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this study suggests CENP-W is a novel kinetochore component that may be involved in the EZH2-mediated silencing machinery. ..
- Malilas W, Koh S, Lee S, Srisuttee R, Cho I, Moon J, et al. Suppression of autophagic genes sensitizes CUG2-overexpressing A549 human lung cancer cells to oncolytic vesicular stomatitis virus-induced apoptosis. Int J Oncol. 2014;44:1177-84 pubmed publisher..we investigated whether autophagy also plays a role in the antiviral activity in A549 cells overexpressing CUG2 (A549-CUG2)...
- Cheon Y, Jeon S, Lee S. Centromere protein W interacts with beta-transducin repeat-containing protein 1 and modulates its subcellular localization. FEBS Lett. 2016;590:4441-4452 pubmed publisher..In this study, we report that centromere protein W (CENP-W), which is frequently overexpressed in a variety of human cancers, may also contribute to ?-TrCP1 ..
- Lee S, Gang J, Jeon S, Choo S, Lee B, Kim Y, et al. Molecular cloning and functional analysis of a novel oncogene, cancer-upregulated gene 2 (CUG2). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;360:633-9 pubmed..Cancer-upregulated gene 2 (CUG2) was identified as an expressed sequence tag (EST) that exhibits significant differential expression in multiple ..
- Kaczmarczyk A, Sullivan K. CENP-W plays a role in maintaining bipolar spindle structure. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e106464 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings are consistent with a model in which centrosome integrity is controlled by the pathways regulating kinetochore-microtubule attachment stability. ..
- Kaowinn S, Kim J, Lee J, Shin D, Kang C, Kim D, et al. Cancer upregulated gene 2 induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition of human lung cancer cells via TGF-Î² signaling. Oncotarget. 2017;8:5092-5110 pubmed publisherb>Cancer upregulated gene 2 (CUG2) enhances cell migration and invasion, but the underlying mechanism has not been revealed...
- Kemp J, Medina Gomez C, Estrada K, St Pourcain B, Heppe D, Warrington N, et al. Phenotypic dissection of bone mineral density reveals skeletal site specificity and facilitates the identification of novel loci in the genetic regulation of bone mass attainment. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004423 pubmed publisher..Allowing for these differences by performing genome-wide association at different skeletal sites may help uncover new genetic influences on BMD. ..
- Chun Y, Park B, Koh W, Lee S, Cheon Y, Kim R, et al. New centromeric component CENP-W is an RNA-associated nuclear matrix protein that interacts with nucleophosmin/B23 protein. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:42758-69 pubmed publisherCENP-W was originally identified as a putative oncogene, cancer-upregulated gene 2 (CUG2) that was commonly up-regulated in many cancer tissues...
- Kim H, Lee S, Park B, Che L, Lee S. Sp1 and Sp3 mediate basal and serum-induced expression of human CENP-W. Mol Biol Rep. 2010;37:3593-600 pubmed publisherCancer-upregulated gene 2 (CUG2), which was named since it was originally identified as a putative oncogene up-regulated in various human cancers, was recently renamed CENP-W based on the new findings that it is a component of the ..
- Malilas W, Koh S, Srisuttee R, Boonying W, Cho I, Jeong C, et al. Cancer upregulated gene 2, a novel oncogene, confers resistance to oncolytic vesicular stomatitis virus through STAT1-OASL2 signaling. Cancer Gene Ther. 2013;20:125-32 pubmed publisherWe have recently found a novel oncogene, named cancer upregulated gene 2 (CUG2), which activates Ras and mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs), including ERK, JNK and p38 MAPK...
- Park E, Cho I, Srisuttee R, Min H, Oh M, Jeong Y, et al. CUG2, a novel oncogene confers reoviral replication through Ras and p38 signaling pathway. Cancer Gene Ther. 2010;17:307-14 pubmed publisherAs we have recently found a novel oncogene, the cancer-upregulated gene 2 (CUG2), which was elevated in a variety of tumor tissues such as the ovary, liver, lung and pancreas, we examined whether reovirus could efficiently induce ..