Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CELA3B
Description: chymotrypsin like elastase family member 3B
Alias: CBPP, ELA3B, chymotrypsin-like elastase family member 3B, cholesterol-binding pancreatic protease, elastase 3B, pancreatic, elastase IIIB, elastase-3B, fecal elastase 1, pancreatic elastase 1, pancreatic endopeptidase E, protease E, proteinase E
- Cohen A. The interaction of alpha-1-antitrypsin with chymotrypsin, trypsin and elastase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1975;391:193-200 pubmed..The variable susceptibility of the enzyme to blockage of the inhibition by low concentrations of p-dioxane suggested that hydrophobic bonds may be important in the interaction with alpha-1-antitrypsin. ..
- Zhou H, Sziegoleit A, Fischer H. Immunocytochemical localization of elastase 1 in human pancreas. Histochem Cell Biol. 1995;103:103-9 pubmedBy light and electron microscopic immunocytochemistry the distribution is described of human pancreatic elastase 1 (E1) during ontogenesis, in adults, in cases of acute and chronic pancreatitis, acute pancreatic ischaemia as well as ..
- Cade A, Walters M, McGinley N, Firth J, Brownlee K, Conway S, et al. Evaluation of fecal pancreatic elastase-1 as a measure of pancreatic exocrine function in children with cystic fibrosis. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2000;29:172-6 pubmed..The low values in the first 2 weeks in some normal and premature infants, and the persisting normal values in PS infants, make the fecal EL-1 test unsuitable for neonatal CF screening. ..
- Cavalot F, Bonomo K, Perna P, Bacillo E, Salacone P, Gallo M, et al. Pancreatic elastase-1 in stools, a marker of exocrine pancreas function, correlates with both residual beta-cell secretion and metabolic control in type 1 diabetic subjects. Diabetes Care. 2004;27:2052-4 pubmed
- Hietaranta A, Mustonen H, Puolakkainen P, Haapiainen R, Kemppainen E. Proinflammatory effects of pancreatic elastase are mediated through TLR4 and NF-kappaB. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;323:192-6 pubmed..Our results suggest that pancreatic elastase-induced proinflammatory effects are mediated by TLR4 and NF-kappaB in human myeloid cells. ..
- Wendorf P, Geyer R, Sziegoleit A, Linder D. Localization and characterization of the glycosylation site of human pancreatic elastase 1. FEBS Lett. 1989;249:275-8 pubmed..The results demonstrate that only Asn-86 is glycosylated. ..
- Mann S, Mann V, Stracke H, Lange U, Klor H, Hardt P, et al. Fecal elastase 1 and vitamin D3 in patients with osteoporotic bone fractures. Eur J Med Res. 2008;13:68-72 pubmed..if patients with osteoporotic bone fractures have exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, especially reduced fecal elastase 1, connected with lowered serum levels of vitamin D3 that could be relevant for predominant osteoporosis...
- Zhuravlyova L, Shekhovtsova Y A -. [DIAGNOSTIC MARKERS FOR CHRONIC PANCREATITIS IN PATIENTS WITH TYPE 2 DIABETES MELLITUS WITH DIFFERENT PHENOTYPE]. Eksp Klin Gastroenterol. 2015;:47-52 pubmed..The results of the study suggest that the levels of apelin, TNF-Î± and elastase-1 are important diagnostic markers of CP in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. ..
- Guy Crotte O, Barthe C, Basso D, Fournet B, Figarella C. Characterization of two glycoproteins of human pancreatic juice: P35, a truncated protease E and P19, precursor of protein X. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1988;156:318-22 pubmed..Its N-terminal amino acid sequence covering 33 residues revealed a strong homology with human protease E without the dipeptide Val-Val. Is P35 a protein homologous to the subunit III of bovine procarboxypeptidase A?
- Bartels R, Bourdon C, Potani I, Mhango B, van den Brink D, Mponda J, et al. Pancreatic Enzyme Replacement Therapy in Children with Severe Acute Malnutrition: A Randomized Controlled Trial. J Pediatr. 2017;190:85-92.e2 pubmed publisher..Mortality in severe acute malnutrition is associated with markers of poor digestive function. ISRCTN.com: 57423639. ..
- Dominguez Munoz J, D Hardt P, Lerch M, Löhr M. Potential for Screening for Pancreatic Exocrine Insufficiency Using the Fecal Elastase-1 Test. Dig Dis Sci. 2017;62:1119-1130 pubmed publisher..Although it cannot be considered the gold-standard method for the functional diagnosis of PEI, the advantages of the FE-1 test make it a very appropriate test for screening patients who may be at risk of this disorder. ..
- Kangrga R, Ignjatović S, Dragašević M, Jovičić S, Majkić Singh N. Pancreatic Elastase Levels in Feces As A Marker of Exocrine Pancreatic Function in Patients With Diabetes Mellitus. Lab Med. 2016;47:140-8 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated a strong association of diabetes with low PE levels. ..
- Moulard M, Kerfelec B, Mallet B, Chapus C. Identification of a procarboxypeptidase A-truncated protease E binary complex in human pancreatic juice. FEBS Lett. 1989;250:166-70 pubmed..N-terminal sequence analysis revealed a complete homology between this protein and human protease E (HPE 1), except for the two strongly hydrophobic N-terminal residues (Val-Val) which are missing in G32...
- Párniczky A, Hegyi E, Tóth A, Szucs A, Szentesi A, Vincze A, et al. Genetic Analysis of Human Chymotrypsin-Like Elastases 3A and 3B (CELA3A and CELA3B) to Assess the Role of Complex Formation between Proelastases and Procarboxypeptidases in Chronic Pancreatitis. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisherHuman chymotrypsin-like elastases 3A and 3B (CELA3A and CELA3B) are the products of gene duplication and share 92% identity in their primary structure...
- Ewald N, Bretzel R, Fantus I, Hollenhorst M, Kloer H, Hardt P. Pancreatin therapy in patients with insulin-treated diabetes mellitus and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency according to low fecal elastase 1 concentrations. Results of a prospective multi-centre trial. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2007;23:386-91 pubmedRecently, high prevalence of exocrine dysfunction in diabetic populations has been reported. Patients with fecal elastase 1 concentration (FEC) <100 microg/g have also been demonstrated to suffer from steatorrhea in about 60% of cases, ..
- Partelli S, Frulloni L, Minniti C, Bassi C, Barugola G, D Onofrio M, et al. Faecal elastase-1 is an independent predictor of survival in advanced pancreatic cancer. Dig Liver Dis. 2012;44:945-51 pubmed publisher..59 P=0.023) resulted as independent predictors of survival in advanced pancreatic cancer patients. A low value of faecal elastase-1 is strongly correlated with a poor survival in advanced pancreatic cancer. ..
- Teichmann J, Mann S, Stracke H, Lange U, Hardt P, Bretzel R, et al. Parathormone levels and Vitamin D metabolism in female patients with various grades of fecal elastase 1 deficiency. Eur J Med Res. 2008;13:563-7 pubmed..too few conclusive reports about conspicuous parathormone (PTH) and Vitamin D metabolism in patients with fecal elastase 1 deficiency or any connection of the calcium metabolism to the severity of exocrine pancreas insufficiency...
- Sisman P, Avci M, Akkurt A, Sahin A, Gul O, Ersoy C, et al. The effect of primary hyperparathyroidism on pancreatic exocrine function. J Endocrinol Invest. 2018;41:293-298 pubmed publisher..5). Chronic hypercalcemia in primary hyperparathyroidism did not decrease the fecal elastase level, which is an indirect indicator of chronic pancreatitis; therefore, chronic hypercalcemia in PHPT may not cause chronic pancreatitis. ..
- Sperti C, Moletta L. Staging chronic pancreatitis with exocrine function tests: Are we better?. World J Gastroenterol. 2017;23:6927-6930 pubmed publisher..On the contrary, EF-1 determination shows low sensitivity in detecting exocrine pancreatic insufficiency in early stage of the disease...
- Murata A, Ogawa M, Fujimoto K, Kitahara T, Matsuda Y, Kosaki G. Radioimmunoassay of human pancreatic elastase 1. In vitro interaction of human pancreatic elastase 1 with serum protease inhibitors. Enzyme. 1983;30:29-37 pubmedA radioimmunoassay for determination of human pancreatic elastase 1 was developed and the interaction of pancreatic elastase 1 with serum protease inhibitors (alpha 2-macroglobulin and alpha 1-antitrypsin) was investigated...
- Sziegoleit A, Linder D, Schluter M, Ogawa M, Nishibe S, Fujimoto K. Studies on the specificity of the cholesterol-binding pancreatic proteinase and identification as human pancreatic elastase 1. Eur J Biochem. 1985;151:595-9 pubmed..Kobayashi, Y. & Hirs, C. H. W. (1981) J. Biol. Chem. 256, 2460-2465] which resembles human pancreatic elastase 1. The immunological comparison indeed disclosed the identity of CBPP with human pancreatic elastase 1.
- Vujasinovic M, Valente R, Thorell A, Rutkowski W, Haas S, Arnelo U, et al. Pancreatic Exocrine Insufficiency after Bariatric Surgery. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..Appropriate pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy should be part of the treatment algorithm in patients with confirmed PEI or symptoms suggestive of this complication. ..
- Shen W, Fletcher T, Largman C. Primary structure of human pancreatic protease E determined by sequence analysis of the cloned mRNA. Biochemistry. 1987;26:3447-52 pubmedAlthough protease E was isolated from human pancreas over 10 years ago [Mallory, P. A., & Travis, J. (1975) Biochemistry 14, 722-729], its amino acid sequence and relationship to the elastases have not been established...
- Tani T, Ohsumi J, Mita K, Takiguchi Y. Identification of a novel class of elastase isozyme, human pancreatic elastase III, by cDNA and genomic gene cloning. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:1231-9 pubmed..They strongly resembled cholesterol-binding pancreatic protease, suggesting that they may possess not only a digestive function but also function(s) related to cholesterol metabolism or transport in the intestine. ..
- Iovanna J, Keim V, Michel R, Dagorn J. Pancreatic gene expression is altered during acute experimental pancreatitis in the rat. Am J Physiol. 1991;261:G485-9 pubmed..It was concluded that induction of pancreatitis is accompanied by transcriptional and posttranscriptional modifications resulting in rapid and massive rearrangement of the pattern of pancreatic protein gene expression...
- Hahn J, Kerner W, Maisonneuve P, Lowenfels A, Lankisch P. Low fecal elastase 1 levels do not indicate exocrine pancreatic insufficiency in type-1 diabetes mellitus. Pancreas. 2008;36:274-8 pubmed publisherOn the basis of very low fecal elastase 1 and very high fecal fat estimations, it has been claimed that exocrine pancreatic insufficiency is frequent in diabetic patients, and that in up to 40% of the patients, pancreatic enzyme ..
- Halloran C, Cox T, Chauhan S, Raraty M, Sutton R, Neoptolemos J, et al. Partial pancreatic resection for pancreatic malignancy is associated with sustained pancreatic exocrine failure and reduced quality of life: a prospective study. Pancreatology. 2011;11:535-45 pubmed publisher..These patients had a tendency toward poorer QoL. FE-1 is a poor surrogate for diagnosing impaired fat absorption. Postoperative pancreatic enzyme replacement should be considered more routinely. and IAP. ..
- Anaizi A, Hart P, Conwell D. Diagnosing Chronic Pancreatitis. Dig Dis Sci. 2017;62:1713-1720 pubmed publisher..Likely the best way at establishing a diagnosis in these patients is via pancreatic function testing in the setting of indeterminate EUS results. Biomarker studies of pancreas fluid may supplement diagnosis. ..
- Gustavsson E, Ohlsson K, Olsson A. Interaction between human pancreatic elastase and plasma protease inhibitors. Hoppe Seylers Z Physiol Chem. 1980;361:169-76 pubmed..The elastase bound by alpha 2-macroglobulin retains its activity against low molecular weight substrates, while that bound by alpha 1-antitrypsin is enzymologically inactive. ..
- Hye R, Peden E, O Connor T, Browne B, Dixon B, Schanzer A, et al. Human type I pancreatic elastase treatment of arteriovenous fistulas in patients with chronic kidney disease. J Vasc Surg. 2014;60:454-461.e1 pubmed publisher..PRT-201 appeared safe. The primary efficacy end point was not met. However, both PRT-201 doses were associated with improved unassisted maturation. The 30-?g dose was associated with increased PP in the subset with RCF. ..
- Gao J, Zhu F, Lv S, Li Z, Ling Z, Gong Y, et al. Identification of pancreatic juice proteins as biomarkers of pancreatic cancer. Oncol Rep. 2010;23:1683-92 pubmed..lipase-related protein-1 (PLRP1), and two proteins were down-regulated, chymotrypsinogen B (CTRB) precursor and elastase 3B (ELA3B) preproprotein...
- Vesterhus M, Raeder H, Johansson S, Molven A, Njølstad P. Pancreatic exocrine dysfunction in maturity-onset diabetes of the young type 3. Diabetes Care. 2008;31:306-10 pubmed..Fecal fat excretion was increased in all patients with MODY3 with fecal elastase deficiency who were investigated, underscoring the potential clinical importance of the exocrine dysfunction. ..
- Aviles F, Pascual R, Salva M, Bonicel J, Puigserver A. Generation of a subunit III-like protein by autolysis of human and porcine proproteinase e in a binary complex with procarboxypeptidase A. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1989;163:1191-6 pubmed..treatment of human and porcine proproteinase E, procarboxypeptidase A binary complexes gave rise to active proteinase E after removal of an 11-residue N-terminal activation peptide...
- Shirasu Y, Takemura K, Yoshida H, Sato Y, Iijima H, Shimada Y, et al. Molecular cloning of complementary DNA encoding one of the human pancreatic protease E isozymes. J Biochem. 1988;104:259-64 pubmedWe have cloned a DNA from a human pancreatic cDNA library using a cloned rat pancreatic elastase 1 cDNA as a probe, and determined its nucleotide sequence...
- Soares da Silva O, Lira de Oliveira R, de Carvalho Silva J, Converti A, Souza Porto T. Thermodynamic investigation of an alkaline protease from Aspergillus tamarii URM4634: A comparative approach between crude extract and purified enzyme. Int J Biol Macromol. 2018;109:1039-1044 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first comparative study on thermodynamic parameters of a serine protease produced by Aspergillus tamarii URM4634. ..
- Szabo A, Pilsak C, Bence M, Witt H, Sahin Toth M. Complex Formation of Human Proelastases with Procarboxypeptidases A1 and A2. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:17706-16 pubmed publisher..in a systematic manner, we performed binding experiments using recombinant proelastases CELA2A, CELA3A, and CELA3B; chymotrypsinogens CTRB1, CTRB2, CTRC, and CTRL1; and procarboxypeptidases CPA1, CPA2, and CPB1...