Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CELA2A
Description: chymotrypsin like elastase family member 2A
Alias: ELA2A, PE-1, chymotrypsin-like elastase family member 2A, elastase 2A, pancreatic elastase 2, pancreatic elastase IIA
- Tóth A, Szabo A, Hegyi E, Hegyi P, Sahin Toth M. Detection of human elastase isoforms by the ScheBo Pancreatic Elastase 1 Test. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2017;312:G606-G614 pubmed publisher..found that the test specifically measured chymotrypsin-like elastases (CELA) 3A and 3B (CELA3A and CELA3B), while CELA2A was not detected...
- Lausen J, Liu S, Fliegauf M, Lubbert M, Werner M. ELA2 is regulated by hematopoietic transcription factors, but not repressed by AML1-ETO. Oncogene. 2006;25:1349-57 pubmed..These protein-protein interactions may not require simultaneous DNA binding by AML1-ETO for the deleterious effects of the fusion protein to be realized. ..
- Kerns S, Ostrer H, Stock R, Li W, Moore J, Pearlman A, et al. Genome-wide association study to identify single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) associated with the development of erectile dysfunction in African-American men after radiotherapy for prostate cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010;78:1292-300 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the feasibility of a genome-wide approach to investigate genetic predisposition to radiation injury. ..
- Szepessy E, Sahin Toth M. Inactivity of recombinant ELA2B provides a new example of evolutionary elastase silencing in humans. Pancreatology. 2006;6:117-22 pubmed..Recombinant ELA2A and ELA2B were expressed in Escherichia coli, and their activity was tested on Glt-Ala-Ala-Pro-Leu-p-nitroanilide, ..
- Friess H, Ding J, Kleeff J, Liao Q, Berberat P, Hammer J, et al. Identification of disease-specific genes in chronic pancreatitis using DNA array technology. Ann Surg. 2001;234:769-78; discussion 778-9 pubmed..These results may provide new insight into the pathobiology of CP and help identify certain molecular alterations that might serve as targets for new diagnostic tools and disease-specific therapy. ..
- Szabo A, Pilsak C, Bence M, Witt H, Sahin Toth M. Complex Formation of Human Proelastases with Procarboxypeptidases A1 and A2. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:17706-16 pubmed publisher..protease zymogens in a systematic manner, we performed binding experiments using recombinant proelastases CELA2A, CELA3A, and CELA3B; chymotrypsinogens CTRB1, CTRB2, CTRC, and CTRL1; and procarboxypeptidases CPA1, CPA2, and ..
- Damodaren N, Van Eeuwen T, Zamel J, Lin Shiao E, Kalisman N, Murakami K. Def1 interacts with TFIIH and modulates RNA polymerase II transcription. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:13230-13235 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results extend the understanding of the molecular mechanism of transcription regulation on cellular stress and reveal functional similarities to the mammalian system. ..
- Kawashima I, Tani T, Shimoda K, Takiguchi Y. Characterization of pancreatic elastase II cDNAs: two elastase II mRNAs are expressed in human pancreas. DNA. 1987;6:163-72 pubmed..Blot hybridization analysis of the poly-adenylated RNAs isolated from various human tissues demonstrates that the human elastase II mRNAs are specifically detected in the pancreas. ..
- Fletcher T, Shen W, Largman C. Primary structure of human pancreatic elastase 2 determined by sequence analysis of the cloned mRNA. Biochemistry. 1987;26:7256-61 pubmed..These studies indicate that elastases 2 and elastase 1 both contain an Arg-65A as well as a basic dipeptide at 223/224 which is not present in chymotrypsins.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Shirasu Y, Yoshida H, Matsuki S, Takemura K, Ikeda N, Shimada Y, et al. Molecular cloning and expression in Escherichia coli of a cDNA encoding human pancreatic elastase 2. J Biochem. 1987;102:1555-63 pubmedWe have cloned a DNA that is complementary to the messenger RNA that encodes human pancreatic elastase 2 from a human pancreatic cDNA library using a cloned cDNA for rat pancreatic elastase 2 messenger RNA...
- Moulard M, Michon T, Kerfelec B, Chapus C. Further studies on the human pancreatic binary complexes involving procarboxypeptidase A. FEBS Lett. 1990;261:179-83 pubmed..Only one type of procarboxypeptidase B, the B1 type, has been detected in the analyzed pancreatic juices, thus emphasizing the previously observed genetic differences between individuals. ..
- Bonnart C, Deraison C, Lacroix M, Uchida Y, Besson C, Robin A, et al. Elastase 2 is expressed in human and mouse epidermis and impairs skin barrier function in Netherton syndrome through filaggrin and lipid misprocessing. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:871-82 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the importance of the control of epidermal protease activity in skin homeostasis and designate ELA2 as a major protease driving the pathogenesis of NS. ..