Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CDH11
Description: cadherin 11
Alias: CAD11, CDHOB, OSF-4, cadherin-11, cadherin 11, type 2, OB-cadherin (osteoblast)
Publications144 found, 100 shown here
- Kiener H, Lee D, Agarwal S, Brenner M. Cadherin-11 induces rheumatoid arthritis fibroblast-like synoviocytes to form lining layers in vitro. Am J Pathol. 2006;168:1486-99 pubmed..Together, these studies implicate cadherin-11 in synovial tissue and lining layer formation and provide an in vitro system to model fibroblast-like synoviocyte behavior and function in organizing the synovial tissue. ..
- Nakajima G, Patino Garcia A, Bruheim S, Xi Y, San Julian M, Lecanda F, et al. CDH11 expression is associated with survival in patients with osteosarcoma. Cancer Genomics Proteomics. 2008;5:37-42 pubmedPrevious studies have shown that cadherin-11 (CDH11) may be involved in the metastatic process of osteosarcoma...
- Chu K, Cheng C, Ye X, Lee Y, Zurita A, Chen D, et al. Cadherin-11 promotes the metastasis of prostate cancer cells to bone. Mol Cancer Res. 2008;6:1259-67 pubmed publisher..Cadherin-11 expression was not detected in metastatic lesions that occur in other organs. Collectively, these findings suggest that cadherin-11 is involved in the metastasis of prostate cancer cells to bone. ..
- Brieger J, Duesterhoeft A, Brochhausen C, Gosepath J, Kirkpatrick C, Mann W. Recurrence of pleomorphic adenoma of the parotid gland--predictive value of cadherin-11 and fascin. APMIS. 2008;116:1050-7 pubmed publisher..Our observations might reflect dysregulation of cellular pathways contributing to cellular dissemination, which might potentially result in later recurrence...
- Li L, Ying J, Li H, Zhang Y, Shu X, Fan Y, et al. The human cadherin 11 is a pro-apoptotic tumor suppressor modulating cell stemness through Wnt/?-catenin signaling and silenced in common carcinomas. Oncogene. 2012;31:3901-12 pubmed publisher..1, which contains a single gene Cadherin-11 (CDH11, OB-cadherin)...
- Carmona F, Villanueva A, Vidal A, Muñoz C, Puertas S, Penin R, et al. Epigenetic disruption of cadherin-11 in human cancer metastasis. J Pathol. 2012;228:230-40 pubmed publisher..We found that CDH11 DNA methylation-associated transcriptional silencing occurred in the corresponding lymph node metastases of ..
- Golubkov V, Strongin A. Downstream signaling and genome-wide regulatory effects of PTK7 pseudokinase and its proteolytic fragments in cancer cells. Cell Commun Signal. 2014;12:15 pubmed publisher..In general, our data correlate well with the distinct functionality of the full-length receptor tyrosine kinases and their respective intracellular domain (ICD) proteolytic fragments. ..
- Neidlin M, Korcari A, Macheras G, Alexopoulos L. Cue-Signal-Response Analysis in 3D Chondrocyte Scaffolds with Anabolic Stimuli. Ann Biomed Eng. 2018;46:345-353 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, well-known anabolic stimuli yielded inflammatory responses which pinpoints to the pleiotropic roles of individual stimuli. ..
- Myasoedova V, Ravani A, Frigerio B, Valerio V, Moschetta D, Songia P, et al. Novel pharmacological targets for calcific aortic valve disease: Prevention and treatments. Pharmacol Res. 2018;136:74-82 pubmed publisher..In this review, we describe the current literature evidence on possible future therapeutic targets for this debilitating and fatal disease such as PCSK9, P2Y2 receptor, cadherin 11, and DDP-4.
- Paerhati P, Ito A, Yoshioka K, Iwamoto K, Fujiwara S, Horie M, et al. Neural differentiation of mouse induced pluripotent stem cells using cadherin gene-engineered PA6 feeder cells. J Biosci Bioeng. 2019;127:633-640 pubmed publisher..1%). Altogether, these results indicate that cadherin gene-engineered feeder cells are a potent tool for promoting neural differentiation of pluripotent stem cells. ..
- Borman E, Foster W, deCatanzaro D. Concurrent administration of diethylhexyl phthalate reduces the threshold dose at which bisphenol A disrupts blastocyst implantation and cadherins in mice. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2017;49:105-111 pubmed publisher..A similar trend was seen in integrin ?v?3, another uterine adhesion molecule. Cadherin-11 was disrupted by BPA but not DEHP. These data are consistent with competition of BPA and DEHP for conjugating enzymes. ..
- Šekoranja D, Bostjancic E, Salapura V, Mavcic B, Pizem J. Primary aneurysmal bone cyst with a novel SPARC-USP6 translocation identified by next-generation sequencing. Cancer Genet. 2018;228-229:12-16 pubmed publisher..Including our case, the list of currently known USP6 fusion partners in primary ABC include: CDH11, CNBP, COL1A1, CTNNB1, EIF1, FOSL2, OMD, PAFAH1B1, RUNX2, SEC31A, SPARC, STAT3 and THRAP3.
- Zhang Y, Bonilla S, Chong L, Leung Y. Irx7, a Smarca4-regulated gene for retinal differentiation, regulates other genes controlled by Smarca4 in zebrafish retinas. Gene Expr Patterns. 2013;13:177-82 pubmed publisher..This study reports an investigation of the regulatory role of irx7 on 13 genes including aanat2, barhl2, bhlhe22, cdh11, ckmt1, gnat1, irx4a, ndrg1a, nme2l, pbx1a, rcv1, robo2 and tfap2a...
- Abbruzzese G, Cousin H, Salicioni A, Alfandari D. GSK3 and Polo-like kinase regulate ADAM13 function during cranial neural crest cell migration. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:4072-82 pubmed publisher..Of significance, migration of the CNC can be restored in the absence of Plk phosphorylation by expression of calpain-8a, pointing to impaired nuclear activity of ADAM13. ..
- Chen P, Wang F, Nie J, Feng J, Liu J, Zhou R, et al. Co-expression network analysis identified CDH11 in association with progression and prognosis in gastric cancer. Onco Targets Ther. 2018;11:6425-6436 pubmed publisher..In terms of validation, CDH11 had a higher correlation with the TNM stage than other hub genes and was strongly correlated with biological ..
- Satriyo P, Bamodu O, Chen J, Aryandono T, Haryana S, Yeh C, et al. Cadherin 11 Inhibition Downregulates β-catenin, Deactivates the Canonical WNT Signalling Pathway and Suppresses the Cancer Stem Cell-Like Phenotype of Triple Negative Breast Cancer. J Clin Med. 2019;8: pubmed publisherCancer stem cells (CSCs) promote tumor progression and distant metastasis in breast cancer. Cadherin 11 (CDH11) is overexpressed in invasive breast cancer cells and implicated in distant bone metastases in several cancers...
- Kongdang P, Jaitham R, Thonghoi S, Kuensaen C, Pradit W, Ongchai S. Ethanolic extract of Kaempferia parviflora interrupts the mechanisms-associated rheumatoid arthritis in SW982 culture model via p38/STAT1 and STAT3 pathways. Phytomedicine. 2018;59:152755 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the anti-arthritic potential of KP extract results from anti-inflammation and anti-migration via the suppression of the cytokines-induced p38/STAT1 and STAT3 pathways. ..
- Noss E, Watts G, Zocco D, Keller T, Whitman M, Blobel C, et al. Evidence for cadherin-11 cleavage in the synovium and partial characterization of its mechanism. Arthritis Res Ther. 2015;17:126 pubmed publisher..Cadherin-11 fragments were enriched in RA synovial fluid, suggesting they may be a marker of synovial burden and may function to modify cadherin-11 interactions between synovial fibroblasts. ..
- Chen J, Ryzhova L, Sewell Loftin M, Brown C, Huppert S, Baldwin H, et al. Notch1 Mutation Leads to Valvular Calcification Through Enhanced Myofibroblast Mechanotransduction. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2015;35:1597-605 pubmed publisher..This study presents novel insights in our understanding of Notch1-mediated CAVD by demonstrating that the mutation leads to AVICs that are fully activated myofibroblasts, resulting in dystrophic, but not osteogenic, calcification. ..
- Theodossiou S, Tokle J, Schiele N. TGFβ2-induced tenogenesis impacts cadherin and connexin cell-cell junction proteins in mesenchymal stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2019;508:889-893 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a role for connexin-43 early in tenogenesis, and show that early-onset and sustained decreases in N-cadherin and cadherin-11 may be novel markers of tenogenesis in MSCs. ..
- Cherry H, Roelofs A, Kurth T, De Bari C. In vivo phenotypic characterisation of nucleoside label-retaining cells in mouse periosteum. Eur Cell Mater. 2014;27:185-95; discussion 195 pubmed..Future studies characterising the MSC niche in vivo could reveal novel therapeutic targets for promoting bone regeneration/repair. ..
- Brooks P, Chadwick J, Caminiti M, Dickson B, Leong I. Primary aneurysmal bone cyst of the mandibular condyle with USP6-CDH11 fusion. Pathol Res Pract. 2019;215:607-610 pubmed publisher..Next-generation sequencing confirmed the presence of a USP6-CDH11 fusion gene, consistent with classification as a primary ABC, the first reported to be translocation-positive in ..
- Shekhani M, Forde T, Adilbayeva A, Ramez M, Myngbay A, Bexeitov Y, et al. Collagen triple helix repeat containing 1 is a new promigratory marker of arthritic pannus. Arthritis Res Ther. 2016;18:171 pubmed publisher..cells occupied the same niche as large fibroblast-like cells positive for ?-smooth muscle actin (?-SMA) and cadherin 11 (CDH11)...
- Kim C, Galloway J, Lee K, Searson P. Universal antibody conjugation to nanoparticles using the Fcγ receptor I (FcγRI): quantitative profiling of membrane biomarkers. Bioconjug Chem. 2014;25:1893-901 pubmed publisher..This method is applicable to a wide range of technologies, including solution based protein detection assays and active targeting of cell surface membrane biomarkers. ..
- Ding X, Zhang Y, Huang Y, Liu S, Lu H, Sun T. Cadherin-11 involves in synovitis and increases the migratory and invasive capacity of fibroblast-like synoviocytes of osteoarthritis. Int Immunopharmacol. 2015;26:153-61 pubmed publisher..cadherin-11 cDNA-containing lentivirus, also when cadherin-11 expression was knocked down after infection with cadherin 11 shRNA containing lentivirus...
- Lechuga S, Amin P, Wolen A, Ivanov A. Adducins inhibit lung cancer cell migration through mechanisms involving regulation of cell-matrix adhesion and cadherin-11 expression. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 2019;1866:395-408 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings reveal a novel function of adducins as negative regulators of NSCLC cell migration and invasion, which could be essential for limiting lung cancer progression and metastasis. ..
- Lodyga M, Cambridge E, Karvonen H, Pakshir P, Wu B, Boo S, et al. Cadherin-11-mediated adhesion of macrophages to myofibroblasts establishes a profibrotic niche of active TGF-β. Sci Signal. 2019;12: pubmed publisher..Inhibition of homotypic cadherin-11 interactions could be used to cause macrophage-myofibroblast separation, thereby destabilizing the profibrotic niche. ..
- Bowen C, Zhou J, Sung D, Butcher J. Cadherin-11 coordinates cellular migration and extracellular matrix remodeling during aortic valve maturation. Dev Biol. 2015;407:145-57 pubmed publisher..Transfection of Cad-11 depleted cells with constitutively active RhoA restored cell phenotypes. Together, these results identify cadherin-11 mediated adhesive signaling for proper remodeling of the embryonic semilunar valves. ..
- Hahn J, McFarland K, Combs K, Supp D. Partial epithelial-mesenchymal transition in keloid scars: regulation of keloid keratinocyte gene expression by transforming growth factor-?1. Burns Trauma. 2016;4:30 pubmed publisher..Therefore, interventions targeting TGF-?1-regulated EMT-like gene expression in keloid keratinocytes may serve to suppress keloid scarring. ..
- Lydall G, Bass N, McQuillin A, Lawrence J, Anjorin A, Kandaswamy R, et al. Confirmation of prior evidence of genetic susceptibility to alcoholism in a genome-wide association study of comorbid alcoholism and bipolar disorder. Psychiatr Genet. 2011;21:294-306 pubmed publisher..The genes implicated, which replicated genes previously shown to be associated with alcoholism were: cadherin 11, collagen type 11 Î±2, neuromedin U receptor 2, exportin7, and semaphorin-associated protein 5A...
- Wang J, Dong L, Xu L, Chu E, Chen Y, Shen J, et al. B cell CLL/lymphoma 6 member B inhibits hepatocellular carcinoma metastases in vitro and in mice. Cancer Lett. 2014;355:192-200 pubmed publisher..BCL6B functions as a tumor suppressor that inhibits HCC metastases in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Rizzo S, Basso C, Lazzarini E, Celeghin R, Paolin A, Gerosa G, et al. TGF-beta1 pathway activation and adherens junction molecular pattern in nonsyndromic mitral valve prolapse. Cardiovasc Pathol. 2015;24:359-67 pubmed publisher..AJ reinforcement might promote latent TGF-Î²1 activation leading to extracellular matrix remodeling in floppy MV. ..
- Satcher R, Pan T, Bilen M, Li X, Lee Y, Ortiz A, et al. Cadherin-11 endocytosis through binding to clathrin promotes cadherin-11-mediated migration in prostate cancer cells. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:4629-41 pubmed publisherCadherin-11 (Cad11) cell adhesion molecule plays a role in prostate cancer cell migration...
- Awolaran O, Brooks S, Lavender V. Breast cancer osteomimicry and its role in bone specific metastasis; an integrative, systematic review of preclinical evidence. Breast. 2016;30:156-171 pubmed publisher..Findings of this review suggest that changes in expression of proteins in breast cancer cells that confer osteomimicry facilitate homing to bone to enable the development of bone metastasis. ..
- Black M, Milewski D, Le T, Ren X, Xu Y, Kalinichenko V, et al. FOXF1 Inhibits Pulmonary Fibrosis by Preventing CDH2-CDH11 Cadherin Switch in Myofibroblasts. Cell Rep. 2018;23:442-458 pubmed publisher..myofibroblast invasion and collagen secretion and promotes a switch from N-cadherin (CDH2) to Cadherin-11 (CDH11), which is a critical step in the acquisition of the pro-fibrotic phenotype...
- Domke L, Franke W. The cell-cell junctions of mammalian testes: II. The lamellar smooth muscle monolayer cells of the peritubular wall are laterally connected by vertical adherens junctions-a novel architectonic cell-cell junction system. Cell Tissue Res. 2019;375:451-482 pubmed publisher..Consequently, the LSMCs of the peritubular wall monolayers are SMCs sensu stricto which are laterally connected by a novel architectonic system of arrays of vertical AJs located in overlapping cell protrusions. ..
- Santarelli A, Mascitti M, Orsini G, MemÃ¨ L, Rocchetti R, Tiriduzzi P, et al. Osteopontin, osteocalcin and OB-cadherin expression in Synthetic nanohydroxyapatite vs bovine hydroxyapatite cultured Osteoblastic-like cells. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2014;28:523-9 pubmed..Both the materials tested in the present study demonstrated a good biocompatibility with the osteoblastic cells allowing, at the same time, the osteogenic differentiation, and they may be useful in clinical use. ..
- Ortiz A, Lee Y, Yu G, Liu H, Lin S, Bilen M, et al. Angiomotin is a novel component of cadherin-11/Î²-catenin/p120 complex and is critical for cadherin-11-mediated cell migration. FASEB J. 2015;29:1080-91 pubmed publisher..Expression of human cadherin-11 (Cad11), also known as osteoblast cadherin, in prostate cancer increases the migration of prostate cancer cells...
- Balint B, Yin H, Chakrabarti S, Chu M, Sims S, Pickering J. Collectivization of Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells via TGF-Î²-Cadherin-11-Dependent Adhesive Switching. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2015;35:1254-64 pubmed publisher..The findings define a mechanism for the assembly of SMCs into networks, a process that may be relevant to the stability and function of blood vessels. ..
- Ferrer Torres D, Nancarrow D, Kuick R, Thomas D, Nadal E, Lin J, et al. Genomic similarity between gastroesophageal junction and esophageal Barrett's adenocarcinomas. Oncotarget. 2016;7:54867-54882 pubmed publisher..We confirmed that three of these candidates (CDH11, ICAM1 and CLDN3) were overexpressed in tumors when compared to normal esophagus, normal gastric and non-..
- Abdullah M, Choo C, Alias H, Abdul Rahman E, Mohd Ibrahim H, Jamal R, et al. ADAMTSL5 and CDH11: putative epigenetic markers for therapeutic resistance in acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Hematology. 2017;22:386-391 pubmed publisher..Selection of segregated genes at high stringency identified two potential genes (CDH11 and ADAMTSL5)...
- Bringuier P, Schalken J, Hervieu V, Giroldi L. Involvement of orphan nuclear receptor COUP-TFII in cadherin-6 and cadherin-11 regulation: implications in development and cancer. Mech Dev. 2015;136:64-72 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data shed new light upon the role of COUP-TFII in development and in cancer. ..
- Kou X, Li C, He D, Wang X, Hao T, Meng Z, et al. Estradiol promotes M1-like macrophage activation through cadherin-11 to aggravate temporomandibular joint inflammation in rats. J Immunol. 2015;194:2810-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that estradiol could promote M1-like macrophage activation through cadherin-11 to aggravate the acute inflammation of TMJs. ..
- Melaiu O, Melissari E, Mutti L, Bracci E, De Santi C, Iofrida C, et al. Expression status of candidate genes in mesothelioma tissues and cell lines. Mutat Res. 2015;771:6-12 pubmed publisher..TACC1, THBS2, TIMP3, XPOT) were deregulated with statistical significance in both cell lines, 12 (ASS1, CCNB1, CDH11, COL1A1, CXADR, EIF4G1, GALNT7, ITGA4, KRT5, PTGIS, RAN, SOD1) in at least one cell line, whereas 7 (DSP, HEG1, ..
- Zhang F, Zhang X, Meng J, Zhao Y, Liu X, Liu Y, et al. ING5 inhibits cancer aggressiveness via preventing EMT and is a potential prognostic biomarker for lung cancer. Oncotarget. 2015;6:16239-52 pubmed..downregulated expression of EMT (epithelial to mesenchymal transition)-inducing genes including CEACAM6, BMP2 and CDH11. Clinical study by tissue microarray showed that nuclear ING5 negatively correlated with clinical stages and lymph ..
- Lu Y, Li C, Chen H, Zhong W. Identification of hub genes and analysis of prognostic values in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma by integrated bioinformatics methods. Mol Biol Rep. 2018;45:1799-1807 pubmed publisher..plug-in, the top module was formed by ALB, TGM, PLAT, PLAU, EGF, MMP7, MMP1, LAMC2, LAMA3, LAMB3, COLA1, FAP, CDH11, COL3A1, ITGA2, and VCAN...
- Kim N, Choi S, Lee T, Lee C, Lee A. Cadherin 11, a miR-675 target, induces N-cadherin expression and epithelial-mesenchymal transition in melasma. J Invest Dermatol. 2014;134:2967-2976 pubmed publisherb>Cadherin 11 (CDH11) was identified as a target of miR-675 by using a luciferase reporter assay. CDH11 expression and miR-675 expression were inversely correlated...
- Marino N, Collins J, Shen C, Caplen N, Merchant A, GÃ¶kmen Polar Y, et al. Identification and validation of genes with expression patterns inverse to multiple metastasis suppressor genes in breast cancer cell lines. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2014;31:771-86 pubmed publisher..cells expressing a scrambled siRNA, or siRNAs to each of 19 validated MSGs (NME1, BRMS1, CD82, CDH1, CDH2, CDH11, CASP8, MAP2K4, MAP2K6, MAP2K7, MAPK14, GSN, ARHGDIB, AKAP12, DRG1, CD44, PEBP1, RRM1, KISS1), we identified genes ..
- Eiró N, Fernandez Gomez J, Sacristan R, Fernandez Garcia B, Lobo B, Gonzalez Suarez J, et al. Stromal factors involved in human prostate cancer development, progression and castration resistance. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2017;143:351-359 pubmed publisher..in invasion (MMP-2, MMP-9 and MMP-11), inflammation (IL-6, IL-17, STAT-3 and NF?B), stroma/epithelium interaction (CDH11, FAP, CXCL12 and CXCL14) and chaperones (HPA1A and HSF1), was evaluated in cultured fibroblasts both from BHP and ..
- Mizoguchi F, Slowikowski K, Wei K, Marshall J, Rao D, Chang S, et al. Functionally distinct disease-associated fibroblast subsets in rheumatoid arthritis. Nat Commun. 2018;9:789 pubmed publisher..Our strategy may be used as a template to identify pathogenic stromal cellular subsets in other complex diseases. ..
- Hinz B, Pittet P, Smith Clerc J, Chaponnier C, Meister J. Myofibroblast development is characterized by specific cell-cell adherens junctions. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:4310-20 pubmed..Anti-OB-cadherin but not anti-N-cadherin peptides reduce the contraction of myofibroblast-populated collagen gels, suggesting that AJs are instrumental for myofibroblast contractile activity. ..
- Craciun F, Bijol V, Ajay A, Rao P, Kumar R, Hutchinson J, et al. RNA Sequencing Identifies Novel Translational Biomarkers of Kidney Fibrosis. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016;27:1702-13 pubmed publisher..selected reaction monitoring mass spectrometry, we detected three of the ten candidates in human urine: cadherin 11 (CDH11), macrophage mannose receptor C1 (MRC1), and phospholipid transfer protein (PLTP)...
- Kim N, Choi S, Lee T, Lee C, Lee A. Cadherin 11 Involved in Basement Membrane Damage and Dermal Changes in Melasma. Acta Derm Venereol. 2016;96:635-40 pubmed publisher..b>Cadherin 11 (CDH11), which is upregulated in some melasma patients, has previously been shown to stimulate melanogenesis...
- Griffin F, Schiavi J, McDevitt T, McGarry J, McNamara L. The role of adhesion junctions in the biomechanical behaviour and osteogenic differentiation of 3D mesenchymal stem cell spheroids. J Biomech. 2017;59:71-79 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that N-cadherin and OB-cadherin both influence mesensphere biomechanics and osteogenesis, but play different roles. ..
- Suzuki S, Sano K, Tanihara H. Diversity of the cadherin family: evidence for eight new cadherins in nervous tissue. Cell Regul. 1991;2:261-70 pubmed..These findings show that the cadherin family of adhesion molecules is much larger than previously thought, and suggest that the new cadherins may play an important role in cell-cell interactions within the central nervous system. ..
- Deng Z, Niu G, Cai L, Wei R, Zhao X. The prognostic significance of CD44V6, CDH11, and ?-catenin expression in patients with osteosarcoma. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:496193 pubmed publisherThis study aimed to examine the expression of and the relationship between CD44V6, CDH11, and ?-catenin...
- Nanchahal J, Ball C, Davidson D, Williams L, Sones W, McCann F, et al. Anti-Tumour Necrosis Factor Therapy for Dupuytren's Disease: A Randomised Dose Response Proof of Concept Phase 2a Clinical Trial. EBioMedicine. 2018;33:282-288 pubmed publisher..There was no change in mRNA levels for ACTA2, COL1A1, COL3A1 and CDH11. Levels of α-SMA protein expression in patients treated with 40 mg adalimumab (1.09 ± 0...
- Chen S, Shiau A, Li Y, Lin C, Jou I, Liu M, et al. Transcription factor snail regulates tumor necrosis factor Î±-mediated synovial fibroblast activation in the rheumatoid joint. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2015;67:39-50 pubmed publisher..These findings may contribute to the pharmacologic development of therapeutics targeting synovial fibroblasts in patients with RA. ..
- Kiyama Y, Kikkawa Y, Kinoshita M, Matsumoto Y, Kondo K, Fujimoto C, et al. The adhesion molecule cadherin 11 is essential for acquisition of normal hearing ability through middle ear development in the mouse. Lab Invest. 2018;98:1364-1374 pubmed publisherb>Cadherin 11 (Cdh11), a member of the cadherin adhesion molecule family, is expressed in various regions of the brain as well as the head and ear...
- Sfikakis P, Vlachogiannis N, Christopoulos P. Cadherin-11 as a therapeutic target in chronic, inflammatory rheumatic diseases. Clin Immunol. 2017;176:107-113 pubmed publisher..Herein, we review the current knowledge regarding the potential role of cadherin-11 in pathogenesis, as well as a biomarker and therapeutic target in chronic inflammatory rheumatic diseases. ..
- Croset M, Pantano F, Kan C, Bonnelye E, Descotes F, Alix Panabières C, et al. miRNA-30 Family Members Inhibit Breast Cancer Invasion, Osteomimicry, and Bone Destruction by Directly Targeting Multiple Bone Metastasis-Associated Genes. Cancer Res. 2018;78:5259-5273 pubmed publisher..stimulation (IL8, IL11), osteoblastogenesis inhibition (DKK-1), tumor cell osteomimicry (RUNX2, CDH11), and invasiveness (CTGF, ITGA5, ITGB3) were identified as targets for repression by miR-30...
- Oliveira A, Perez Atayde A, Inwards C, Medeiros F, Derr V, Hsi B, et al. USP6 and CDH11 oncogenes identify the neoplastic cell in primary aneurysmal bone cysts and are absent in so-called secondary aneurysmal bone cysts. Am J Pathol. 2004;165:1773-80 pubmed..translocations that place the USP6 (TRE2 or TRE17) oncogene under the regulatory influence of the highly active CDH11 promoter...
- Warren M, Xu D, Li X. Gene fusions PAFAH1B1-USP6 and RUNX2-USP6 in aneurysmal bone cysts identified by next generation sequencing. Cancer Genet. 2017;212-213:13-18 pubmed publisher..resulting in gene fusions between ubiquitin specific peptidase 6 (USP6) and multiple partners, including COL1A1, CDH11, TRAP150, ZNF90 and OMD...
- Weigand A, Boos A, Tasbihi K, Beier J, Dalton P, Schrauder M, et al. Selective isolation and characterization of primary cells from normal breast and tumors reveal plasticity of adipose derived stem cells. Breast Cancer Res. 2016;18:32 pubmed publisher..g. Vimentin, CD10, ACTA2 and MMP9; and ADSC lines e.g. CD105, CD90, CDH2 and CDH11. Compared to the mean of all four normal breast cell lines, both breast tumor cell lines demonstrated ..
- Piao S, Inglehart R, SCANLON C, Russo N, Banerjee R, D Silva N. CDH11 inhibits proliferation and invasion in head and neck cancer. J Oral Pathol Med. 2017;46:89-97 pubmed publisherIn this study, we use a bioinformatics-based strategy to nominate a tumor suppressor gene cadherin-11 (CDH11) and investigate its role in growth and invasion in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC)...
- Weng T, Wang C, Hung Y, Chen W, Chen Y, Lai M. Differential Expression Pattern of THBS1 and THBS2 in Lung Cancer: Clinical Outcome and a Systematic-Analysis of Microarray Databases. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0161007 pubmed publisher..Pulmonary AC patients with a high expression level of sevenTSHB1-coexpressed genes (CCL5, CDH11, FYB, GZMK, LA-DQA1, PDE4DIP, and SELL) had better survival rates than those with a low expression level...
- Pedroza M, Welschhans R, Agarwal S. Targeting of cadherin-11 decreases skin fibrosis in the tight skin-1 mouse model. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0187109 pubmed publisher..Cadherin-11 (CDH11) expression is increased in fibrotic skin and lung tissue...
- Di Benedetto A, Brunetti G, Posa F, Ballini A, Grassi F, Colaianni G, et al. Osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells from dental bud: Role of integrins and cadherins. Stem Cell Res. 2015;15:618-628 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that functionalization of biomaterials with such ECM proteins would improve bone reconstruction therapies starting from dental stem cells. ..
- Sung D, Bowen C, Vaidya K, Zhou J, Chapurin N, Recknagel A, et al. Cadherin-11 Overexpression Induces Extracellular Matrix Remodeling and Calcification in Mature Aortic Valves. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2016;36:1627-37 pubmed publisher..We conditionally overexpressed Cad-11 in murine heart valves using a novel double-transgenic Nfatc1(Cre);R26-Cad11(TglTg) mouse model...
- Zhu C, Feng X, Ye G, Huang T. Meta-analysis of possible role of cadherin gene methylation in evolution and prognosis of hepatocellular carcinoma with a PRISMA guideline. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6650 pubmed publisher..have an increased risk of HCC in fewer than 4 studies, and methylated cadherin 8, type 2 (CDH8) and OB-cadherin (CDH11) had a similar OR in HCC and adjacent samples...
- Teo Z, Chan J, Chong H, Sng M, Choo C, Phua G, et al. Angiopoietin-like 4 induces a β-catenin-mediated upregulation of ID3 in fibroblasts to reduce scar collagen expression. Sci Rep. 2017;7:6303 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight a central role for matricellular proteins such as ANGPTL4 in the attenuation of collagen expression and may have a broader implication for other fibrotic pathologies. ..
- Zoppi N, Chiarelli N, Binetti S, Ritelli M, Colombi M. Dermal fibroblast-to-myofibroblast transition sustained by ?vß3 integrin-ILK-Snail1/Slug signaling is a common feature for hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome and hypermobility spectrum disorders. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis. 2018;1864:1010-1023 pubmed publisher
- Getsios S, Chen G, Stephenson M, Leclerc P, Blaschuk O, MacCalman C. Regulated expression of cadherin-6 and cadherin-11 in the glandular epithelial and stromal cells of the human endometrium. Dev Dyn. 1998;211:238-47 pubmed..These findings lend further support to our hypothesis that steroids are key regulators of cadherin expression in mammalian tissues. ..
- Fuentes Duculan J, Bonifacio K, Suárez Fariñas M, Kunjravia N, Garcet S, Cruz T, et al. Aberrant connective tissue differentiation towards cartilage and bone underlies human keloids in African Americans. Exp Dermatol. 2017;26:721-727 pubmed publisher..are involved in bone/cartilage formation including Fibrillin 2 (FBN2), Collagen type X alpha 1, Asporin (ASPN), Cadherin 11 (CDH11), Bone morphogenic protein 1 (BMP1), Secreted phosphoprotein 1 and Runt-related transcription factor 2 (..
- Cheng J, Yi Y, Chang H, Leung P. TGF-β1 up-regulates cadherin-11 expression through Snail: A potential mechanism for human trophoblast cell differentiation. Cell Signal. 2018;43:55-61 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that TGFβ1-SMAD2/3-Snail signaling could contribute to the human trophoblast cell differentiation by up-regulating cadherin-11 expression. ..
- Nalvarte I, Damdimopoulos A, RÃ¼egg J, Spyrou G. The expression and activity of thioredoxin reductase 1 splice variants v1 and v2 regulate the expression of genes associated with differentiation and adhesion. Biosci Rep. 2015;35: pubmed publisher..morphology and changed expression of the adhesion protein fibronectin 1 and the differentiation marker cadherin 11, as well as different temporal expression of the studied TXNRD1 variants...
- Sachdeva M, Mo Y. MicroRNA-145 suppresses cell invasion and metastasis by directly targeting mucin 1. Cancer Res. 2010;70:378-87 pubmed publisher..Of interest, suppression of MUC1 by miR-145 causes a reduction of beta-catenin as well as the oncogenic cadherin 11. Finally, suppression of MUC1 by RNAi mimics the miR-145 action in suppression of invasion, which is associated ..
- Geletu M, Mohan R, Arulanandam R, Berger Becvar A, Nabi I, Gunning P, et al. Reciprocal regulation of the Cadherin-11/Stat3 axis by caveolin-1 in mouse fibroblasts and lung carcinoma cells. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 2018;1865:794-802 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal the presence of a potent, negative regulatory loop between Cav1 and cadherin-11/Stat3, leading to Stat3 inhibition and apoptosis. ..
- DaSilva Arnold S, James J, Al Khan A, Zamudio S, Illsley N. Differentiation of first trimester cytotrophoblast to extravillous trophoblast involves an epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Placenta. 2015;36:1412-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that transformation of CTB to EVT is consistent with an EMT, although the differences with other types of EMT suggest this may be a unique form. ..
- Carter J, Wang X, Dong J, WESTENDORF J, Chou M, Oliveira A. USP6 genetic rearrangements in cellular fibroma of tendon sheath. Mod Pathol. 2016;29:865-9 pubmed publisher..A subset of cases was tested for MYH9 rearrangements and MYH9-USP6 and CDH11-USP6 fusion products...
- Kooi I, van Mil S, MacPherson D, Mol B, Moll A, Meijers Heijboer H, et al. Genomic landscape of retinoblastoma in Rb-/- p130-/- mice resembles human retinoblastoma. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2017;56:231-242 pubmed publisher..Additionally, focal loss of Cdh11 was observed in one Rb-/- p130-/- tumor, which enforces studies in human retinoblastoma that ..
- Kuo Y, Ho J, Yen T, Chen H, Lee O. Development of a surface plasmon resonance biosensor for real-time detection of osteogenic differentiation in live mesenchymal stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22382 pubmed publisher..This SPR biosensor will facilitate future advances in a vast array of fields in biomedical research and medical diagnosis. ..
- Langhe R, Gudzenko T, Bachmann M, Becker S, Gonnermann C, Winter C, et al. Cadherin-11 localizes to focal adhesions and promotes cell-substrate adhesion. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10909 pubmed publisher..These results reveal an unexpected role of a classical cadherin in cell-matrix adhesion during cell migration. ..
- Braungart E, Schumacher C, Hartmann E, Nekarda H, Becker K, Hofler H, et al. Functional loss of E-cadherin and cadherin-11 alleles on chromosome 16q22 in colonic cancer. J Pathol. 1999;187:530-4 pubmed..As no evidence of cadherin gene mutation was observed in the remaining transcripts, we can conclude that these two genes are only indirectly involved in the pathogenesis of colorectal cancer. ..
- Lecanda F, Cheng S, Shin C, Davidson M, Warlow P, Avioli L, et al. Differential regulation of cadherins by dexamethasone in human osteoblastic cells. J Cell Biochem. 2000;77:499-506 pubmed..Dexamethasone effects on certain osteoblast differentiated features, such as induction of alkaline phosphatase activity are not strictly dependent on cadherin function. ..
- Straub B, Boda J, Kuhn C, Schnoelzer M, Korf U, Kempf T, et al. A novel cell-cell junction system: the cortex adhaerens mosaic of lens fiber cells. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:4985-95 pubmed..We here discuss its possible functional importance for the maintenance of lens structure and functions, notably clear and sharp vision. ..
- Vandooren B, Cantaert T, ter Borg M, Noordenbos T, Kuhlman R, Gerlag D, et al. Tumor necrosis factor alpha drives cadherin 11 expression in rheumatoid inflammation. Arthritis Rheum. 2008;58:3051-62 pubmed publisherb>Cadherin 11 expressed on fibroblast-like synoviocytes (FLS) plays a key role in normal synovial architecture. The purpose of this study was to examine the expression of cadherin 11 in human synovitis...