Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CDCA8
Description: cell division cycle associated 8
Alias: BOR, BOREALIN, DasraB, MESRGP, Dasra B, borealin, cell division cycle-associated protein 8, dasra-B, hDasra-B, pluripotent embryonic stem cell-related gene 3 protein
Publications156 found, 100 shown here
- A family with the branchio-oto-renal syndrome: clinical and genetic correlationsAlkis M Pierides
Department of Nephrology, Nicosia General Hospital, Nicosia, Cyprus
Nephrol Dial Transplant 17:1014-8. 2002The branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome is an autosomal dominant disease characterized by hearing loss of early onset, preauricular pits, branchial clefts, and early progressive chronic renal failure in up to 40% of family affected members...
- Evidence of progression and fluctuation of hearing impairment in branchio-oto-renal syndromeMathyus H Kemperman
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Int J Audiol 43:523-32. 2004We retrospectively analysed long-term serial audiometry data from patients with branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome to show the features of progression and fluctuation in hearing impairment and relate the findings to age and magnetic ..
- Distributed and selective auditory representation of song repertoires in the avian song systemPaul M Nealen
Department of Biology, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, 114 Weyandt Hall, 975 Oakland Avenue, Indiana, PA 15705 1001, USA
J Neurophysiol 96:3433-47. 2006..Auditory responses were selective for multiple songs of the bird's own repertoire (BOR) over acoustically modified versions of these stimuli...
- SIX1 mutation screening in 247 branchio-oto-renal syndrome families: a recurrent missense mutation associated with BORAmit Kochhar
Doris Duke Clinical Research Fellowship, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Hum Mutat 29:565. 2008Branchio-oto-renal syndrome (BOR) is a clinically heterogeneous autosomal dominant form of syndromic hearing loss characterized by variable hearing impairment, malformations of the pinnae, the presence of branchial arch remnants, and ..
- [Synergistic effects of proteasome inhibitor and histone deacetylase inhibitor on apoptosis and aggresome formation in T lymphoma cells]Xiao Xing Jiang
National Key Laboratory of Medical Genomics, Shanghai Institute of Hematology, Department of Hematology, Shanghai Ruijin Hospital, Medical College of Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200025, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 17:1215-9. 2009The aim of the study was to explore the synergistic effect of the proteasome inhibitor bortezomib (bor) and the histone deacetylase inhibitor suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid (SAHA) on apoptosis of T lymphoma cell lines Jurkat and Hut78, ..
- Structure of a Survivin-Borealin-INCENP core complex reveals how chromosomal passengers travel togetherA Arockia Jeyaprakash
Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Am Klopferspitz 18, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Cell 131:271-85. 2007..The complex first localizes to centromeres and later associates with the central spindle and midbody. Survivin, Borealin, and INCENP are the three components of the CPC that regulate the activity and localization of its enzymatic ..
- RanBP2 and SENP3 function in a mitotic SUMO2/3 conjugation-deconjugation cycle on BorealinUlf R Klein
Department of Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany
Mol Biol Cell 20:410-8. 2009..Here, we identify Borealin, a component of the chromosomal passenger complex (CPC), as a mitotic target of SUMO...
- Mitotic kinase Aurora-B is regulated by SUMO-2/3 conjugation/deconjugation during mitosisReiko Ban
Department of Biochemistry, Shimane University School of Medicine, Izumo 693 8501, Japan
Genes Cells 16:652-69. 2011..Based on these results, we propose that Aurora-B is a novel mitotic SUMO substrate and that its kinase activity is fine-tuned by the SUMO system...
- Drug target discovery by gene expression analysis: cell cycle genesM G Walker
Incyte Genomics and Department of Medicine, Stanford University, 1475 Flamingo Way, Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 1:73-83. 2001..We present an example of the identification of previously-unrecognized human cell cycle genes, CDCA1 through CDCA8, that are co-expressed with known cell cycle genes including CDC2, CDC7, CDC23, cyclin, MCAK, mki67a, ..
- Borealin/Dasra B is a cell cycle-regulated chromosomal passenger protein and its nuclear accumulation is linked to poor prognosis for human gastric cancerJunn Liang Chang
Department of Pathology, Armed Forces Taoyuan General Hospital, Taoyuan County, Taiwan
Exp Cell Res 312:962-73. 2006Chromosomal passenger proteins including Aurora B, Survivin, and Borealin/Dasra B, also called CDCA8/FLJ10468, are known to play crucial roles during mitosis and cell division...
- Survivin mediates targeting of the chromosomal passenger complex to the centromere and midbodyGerben Vader
Division of Molecular Biology, Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
EMBO Rep 7:85-92. 2006..the mitotic cell by its companion chromosomal passenger proteins, inner centromere protein (INCENP), Survivin and Borealin/Dasra-B, thereby allowing it to act at the right place at the right time...
- Phosphorylation of a borealin dimerization domain is required for proper chromosome segregationEric Bourhis
Department of Protein Engineering, Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Biochemistry 48:6783-93. 2009..Within the complex, the kinase Aurora B associates with Incenp, Survivin, and Borealin. The stoichiometry of the complex as well as a complete understanding of how these four components interact with ..
- Borealin: a novel chromosomal passenger required for stability of the bipolar mitotic spindleReto Gassmann
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, School of Biological Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Kings Buildings, Mayfield Rd, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, Scotland, UK
J Cell Biol 166:179-91. 2004..Here, we describe Borealin, a novel member of the complex...
- Centromere targeting of the chromosomal passenger complex requires a ternary subcomplex of Borealin, Survivin, and the N-terminal domain of INCENPUlf R Klein
Department of Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Mol Biol Cell 17:2547-58. 2006..CPC), consisting of the serine/threonine kinase Aurora B, the inner centromere protein INCENP, Survivin, and Borealin/DasraB, has essential functions at the centromere in ensuring correct chromosome alignment and segregation...
- Uncoupling the central spindle-associated function of the chromosomal passenger complex from its role at centromeresSusanne M A Lens
Department of Medical Oncology, University Medical Center Utrecht, 3584 CG Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mol Biol Cell 17:1897-909. 2006..Consequently, these mutants failed to recruit Aurora B, Borealin/Dasra B, and BubR1 to centromeres and kinetochores, but they had retained the ability to recruit Aurora B and ..
- The chromosomal passenger complex is required for chromatin-induced microtubule stabilization and spindle assemblySrinath C Sampath
Laboratory of Chromosome and Cell Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cell 118:187-202. 2004..Here we report the identification of Dasra A and Dasra B, two new components of the vertebrate chromosomal passenger complex containing Incenp, Survivin, and the kinase ..
- Selective removal of heavy metals from metal-bearing wastewater in a cascade line reactorJelena Pavlovic
University of Belgrade, Faculty of Technology and Metallurgy, Department of Metallurgical Engineering, Karnegijeva 4, 11120 Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 14:518-22. 2007..produced by sulfide ore mining and metallurgical activities in the Copper Mining and Smelting Complex Bor (RTB-BOR), Serbia...
- Longitudinal survey of Staphylococcus aureus in cystic fibrosis patients using a multiple-locus variable-number of tandem-repeats analysis methodHoang Vu-Thien
Universite Paris Sud 11, CNRS, UMR 8621, Institut de Genetique et Microbiologie, Orsay 91405, France
BMC Microbiol 10:24. 2010..Multiple-locus variable-number tandem repeat analysis (MLVA/VNTR) was used to survey S. aureus clinical isolates in a French paediatric CF centre...
- Current problems in national hospitals of Phnom Penh: finance and health careSophoat Uy
Human Resource Development Department, Ministry of Health, Kingdom of Cambodia No 151 153 Kampuchea Krom Blvd, Phnom Penh
Nagoya J Med Sci 69:71-9. 2007..The bed occupancy rates (BOR), average lengths of stay (ALS), hospital mortality rates (HMR), maternal and neonatal mortality rates, numbers of ..
- Simultaneous high-throughput determination of clenbuterol, ambroxol and bromhexine in pharmaceutical formulations by HPLC with potentiometric detectionGrzegorz Bazylak
Faculty of Science and Biomedicine, Department of Chemistry, University of Antwerp RUCA, Groenenborgerlaan 171, B 2020 Antwerp, Belgium
J Pharm Biomed Anal 32:887-903. 2003..ionophores improve the sensitivity for all mentioned drugs when compared with a tetrakis(p-chlorophenyl)borate (BOR)-based electrode as well as with single wavelength UV detection. Detection limits (S/N=3) of 2...
- Natural variation in DNA methylation in ribosomal RNA genes of Arabidopsis thalianaHye Ryun Woo
Department of Biology, Washington University, One Brookings Drive, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
BMC Plant Biol 8:92. 2008..An epigenetic switch, mediated by DNA methylation and histone modification, turns rRNA genes on and off. However, little is known about the mechanisms that specify and maintain the patterns of NOR DNA methylation...
- Effects of overexpression of endogenous phenylalanine ammonia-lyase (PALrs1) on accumulation of salidroside in Rhodiola sachalinensisL Q Ma
College of Plant Science, Jilin University, Changchun, China
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 10:323-33. 2008Salidroside, a novel effective adaptogenic drug extracted from the medicinal plant Rhodiola sachalinensis A. Bor, can be derived from phenylalanine or tyrosine. Due to the scarcity of R...
- Eya1 expression in the developing ear and kidney: towards the understanding of the pathogenesis of Branchio-Oto-Renal (BOR) syndromeV Kalatzis
Unité de Génétique des Déficits Sensoriels, URA CNRS 1968, Institut Pasteur Paris, France
Dev Dyn 213:486-99. 1998Branchio-Oto-Renal (BOR) syndrome is an autosomal dominant, early developmental defect characterised by varying combinations of branchial (fistulas, sinuses, and cysts), outer, middle and inner ear, and renal anomalies...
- Protective effects of salidroside against acetaminophen-induced toxicity in miceYan Ling Wu
Key Laboratory of Organism Functional Factors of the Changbai Mountain, College of Pharmacy, Yanbian University, Jilin Province, China
Biol Pharm Bull 31:1523-9. 2008The protective effect of salidroside (SDS) isolated from Rhodiola sachalinensis A. BOR. (Crassulaceae), was investigated in acetaminophen (APAP)-induced hepatic toxicity mouse model in comparison to N-acetylcysteine (NAC)...
- Hepatoprotective effects of salidroside on fulminant hepatic failure induced by D-galactosamine and lipopolysaccharide in miceYan Ling Wu
Key Laboratory for Natural Resource of Changbai Mountain and Functional Molecules, Ministry of Education, College of Pharmacy, Yanbian University, Jilin Province, China
J Pharm Pharmacol 61:1375-82. 2009The aim was to investigate the protective effect of salidroside isolated from Rhodiola sachalinensis A. Bor. (Crassulaceae) on D-galactosamine/lipopolysaccharide-induced fulminant hepatic failure.
- Estrogen fluctuations, oral contraceptives and borderline personalityM Catherine DeSoto
Department of Psychology, University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, IA 50614 0505, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 28:751-66. 2003..In the first study, 226 women were administered the Personality Assessment Inventory, borderline scales (PAI-BOR; L.C...
- Branchio-Oto-renal syndrome: a report on nine family groupsC Bellini
Servizio di Patologia Neonatale, Dipartimento Pediatria dell Università di Genova, and the Divisione di Nefrologia, Istituto G Gaslini, Genova, Italy
Am J Kidney Dis 37:505-9. 2001This study reviews nine new families with branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome (Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man [OMIM] 113650)...
- Eya1-deficient mice lack ears and kidneys and show abnormal apoptosis of organ primordiaP X Xu
Division of Genetics, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Genet 23:113-7. 1999..Drosophila melanogaster gene eyes absent (eya), results in the dominantly inherited disorders branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome and branchio-oto (BO) syndrome, which are characterized by craniofacial abnormalities and hearing loss ..
- Oto-facio-cervical (OFC) syndrome is a contiguous gene deletion syndrome involving EYA1: molecular analysis confirms allelism with BOR syndrome and further narrows the Duane syndrome critical region to 1 cMS Rickard
The North Thames East Regional Clinical Molecular Genetics Laboratory, London, UK
Hum Genet 108:398-403. 2001Branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome is an autosomal dominant disorder involving hearing loss, branchial defects, ear pits and renal abnormalities...
- Temporal bone findings on computed tomography imaging in branchio-oto-renal syndromeEvan J Propst
Department of Otolaryngology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Laryngoscope 115:1855-62. 2005..inspection and direct measurement on computerized tomography (CT) in individuals with branchio-oto-renal syndrome (BOR)...
- Effects of dietary gamma-linolenic acid on blood pressure and adrenal angiotensin receptors in hypertensive ratsM M Engler
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California San Francisco, 94143 0610, USA
Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 218:234-7. 1998..we showed that dietary gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), an omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acid found in borage oil (BOR), attenuates the development of hypertension in young spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR)...
- Eya1 is required for the morphogenesis of mammalian thymus, parathyroid and thyroidPin Xian Xu
McLaughlin Research Institute for Biomedical Sciences, Great Falls, MT 59405, USA
Development 129:3033-44. 2002..Mutations in human EYA1 cause congenital Branchio-Oto-Renal (BOR) syndrome, while targeted inactivation of murine Eya1 impairs early developmental processes in multiple organs, ..
- Comparative effects of estradiol, methyl-piperidino-pyrazole, raloxifene, and ICI 182 780 on gene expression in the murine uterusAngela M Davis
Department of Biomedical Sciences, 440F Christopher S Bond Life Sciences Center, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 41:205-17. 2008..For some cancer-associated genes, including Klk1, Ihh, Cdc45l, and Cdca8, administration of MPP or raloxifene with estradiol resulted in greater expression than estradiol alone (P<0...
- Influence of litter size on the postnatal growth of rat pups: is there a rationale for litter-size standardization in toxicity studies?Ibrahim Chahoud
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Charité University Medical School Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Garystrabetae 5, 14195 Berlin, Germany
Environ Res 109:1021-7. 2009..Two-hundred-forty-one untreated pregnant rats (Wistar, Bor:spf, TOR) delivered litters with 1-13 pups, being 10 the most frequent (24%) litter size. Pup mortality was 5.4%, 3...
- Branchio-oto-renal syndrome (BOR): novel mutations in the EYA1 gene, and a review of the mutational genetics of BORDana J Orten
Department of Genetics, Boys Town National Research Hospital, Omaha, Nebraska 68164, USA
Hum Mutat 29:537-44. 2008Branchio-oto-renal syndrome (BOR) is an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by the association of branchial and external ear malformations, hearing loss, and renal anomalies...
- Branchio-oto-renal syndromeAmit Kochhar
Molecular Otolaryngology Research Laboratories, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Am J Med Genet A 143:1671-8. 2007..Three loci known to be associated with the BOR phenotype have been identified and two genes that act in a regulatory network have been cloned, EYA1 and SIX1...
- Sequential assembly of centromeric proteins in male mouse meiosisMaría Teresa Parra
Departamento de Biologia, Unidad de Biologia Celular, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
PLoS Genet 5:e1000417. 2009..We have found that during prophase I, the proteins of the chromosomal passenger complex Borealin, INCENP, and Aurora-B load sequentially to the inner centromere before Shugoshin 2 and MCAK...
- Genetic covariance structure of the four main features of borderline personality disorderMarijn A Distel
VU University Amsterdam, Department of Biological Psychology, Van der Boechorststraat 1, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Pers Disord 24:427-44. 2010..Using an extended twin design, multivariate genetic models were applied to the scales of the PAI-BOR, a self-report questionnaire tapping four main features of BPD (affective instability, identity problems, negative ..
- Sipl1 and Rbck1 are novel Eya1-binding proteins with a role in craniofacial developmentKathrin Landgraf
Leibniz Institute for Age Research Fritz Lipmann Institute, Jena, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 30:5764-75. 2010..Mutations in the human EYA1 gene are linked to BOR (branchio-oto-renal) syndrome, characterized by kidney defects, hearing loss, and branchial arch anomalies...
- Phosphorylation of the CPC by Cdk1 promotes chromosome bi-orientationTatsuya Tsukahara
Laboratory of Chromosome Dynamics, Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, Yayoi, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Nature 467:719-23. 2010..passenger complex (CPC), composed of catalytic kinase Aurora B and regulatory components (INCENP, Survivin and Borealin), must be localized to centromeres to phosphorylate kinetochore substrates...
- Transcription factor SIX5 is mutated in patients with branchio-oto-renal syndromeBethan E Hoskins
Department of Pediatrics and of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Hum Genet 80:800-4. 2007Branchio-oto-renal syndrome (BOR) is an autosomal dominant developmental disorder characterized by the association of branchial arch defects, hearing loss, and renal anomalies. Mutations in EYA1 are known to cause BOR...
- Point mutation of an EYA1-gene splice site in a patient with oto-facio-cervical syndromeE Estefanía
Servicio de Inmunologia, ENT Department, Hospital Universitario Puerta de Hierro, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain
Ann Hum Genet 70:140-4. 2006Mutations of the EYA1 gene (8q13.3) are the most common known cause of the branchio-oto-renal dysplasia (BOR), an autosomal dominant disease that includes developmental defects of branchial arch structures, middle and/or inner ear and ..
- Autosomal-dominant branchio-otic (BO) syndrome is not allelic to the branchio-oto-renal (BOR) gene at 8q13S Kumar
Department of Genetics, Center for Hereditary and Communication Disorders, Boys Town National Research Hospital, Omaha, Nebraska 68131, USA
Am J Med Genet 76:395-401. 1998The manifestations of branchio-oto-renal syndrome (BOR), Treacher Collins syndrome, tricho-rhino-phalangeal syndrome, van der Woude syndrome, and Langer-Giedion syndrome are well-defined; these conditions represent clinically and ..
- Exclusion of the branchio-oto-renal syndrome locus (EYA1) from patients with branchio-oculo-facial syndromeA E Lin
Genetics and Teratology Unit, Pediatric Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Am J Med Genet 91:387-90. 2000..erythematous wrinkled skin differ from the discrete cervical pits, cysts, and fistulas of the branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome (MIM 113650)...
- Preparative isolation and purification of salidroside from the Chinese medicinal plant Rhodiola sachalinensis by high-speed counter-current chromatographyH B Li
Department of Botany, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
J Chromatogr A 932:91-5. 2001..b>Bor. The crude salidroside was obtained by extraction with methanol from Rhodiola sachalinensis A. Bor...
- Eyes absent proteins: characterization of substrate specificity and phosphatase activity of mutants associated with branchial, otic and renal anomaliesAmna Musharraf
Leibniz Institute for Age Research, Fritz Lipmann Institute, Beutenbergstrasse 11, 07745 Jena, Germany
Chembiochem 9:2285-94. 2008..the mouse Eya1 protein that harbours single point mutations that were associated with branchio-oto-renal syndrome (BOR), branchio-oto syndrome (BO) and ocular defects, respectively, in humans...
- Validation of PDGFRbeta and c-Src tyrosine kinases as tumor/vessel targets in patients with multiple myeloma: preclinical efficacy of the novel, orally available inhibitor dasatinibAddolorata Maria Luce Coluccia
Department of Internal Medicine and Clinical Oncology, University of Bari Medical School, Bari, Italy
Blood 112:1346-56. 2008..vivo, showing a synergistic cytotoxicity with conventional and novel antimyeloma drugs (ie, melphalan, prednisone, bor-tezomib, and thalidomide)...
- Mutation of the EYA1 gene in patients with branchio-oto syndromeTakatoshi Yashima
Department of Otolaryngology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Otolaryngol 123:279-82. 2003Branchio-oto-renal (BOR) and branchio-oto (BO) syndromes are autosomal dominant disorders, characterized by the presence of branchial, otic and renal anomalies of varying degrees of severity...
- [Effect of bortezomib and arabinoside on proliferation and apoptosis of K562 cell.]Shi Feng Lu
Department of Hematology, the Affiliated Nanjing Children Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210008, China
Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 31:42-5. 2010To investigate the effect of bortezomib (Bor) alone and in combination with arabinoside (Ara-C) on proliferation and apoptosis of leukemia cell line K562.
- Identification of Rhodiola species by using RP-HPLCQiang Wang
Ningbo Institute of Technology, Zhejiang University, Ningbo 315100, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 6:477-82. 2005..coccinea A. Bor, R. junggarica C.Y. Yang et N.R. Cui spn., R. heterodonta A. Bor, R. linearifolia A. Bor, R. pamiro alaiucm A...
- Nbl1p: a Borealin/Dasra/CSC-1-like protein essential for Aurora/Ipl1 complex function and integrity in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeYuko Nakajima
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:1772-84. 2009..A fourth subunit, Borealin/Dasra/CSC-1, is required for CPC targeting to centromeres and central spindles and has only been found in ..
- Mapping of genetic modifiers of Eya1 ( bor/bor ) in CAST/EiJ and BALB/cJ that suppress cochlear aplasia and associated deafnessHaoru Niu
Division of Cell Biology and Genetics, House Ear Institute, 2100 West Third Street, Los Angeles, CA, 90057, USA
Mamm Genome 19:634-9. 2008Mice homozygous for the hypomorphic allele Eya1 ( bor ) exhibit cochlear aplasia, with associated deafness, and renal hypoplasia, similar to Branchio-Oto-Renal syndrome (BOR) in humans...
- A proposed new contiguous gene syndrome on 8q consists of Branchio-Oto-Renal (BOR) syndrome, Duane syndrome, a dominant form of hydrocephalus and trapeze aplasia; implications for the mapping of the BOR geneC Vincent
Unité de Génétique Moléculaire Humaine CNRS URA 1445, Institut Pasteur, Paris
Hum Mol Genet 3:1859-66. 1994..the identification of a proposed previously undescribed contiguous gene syndrome consisting of Branchio-Oto-Renal (BOR) syndrome, Duane syndrome, hydrocephalus and trapeze aplasia...
- SIX1 acts synergistically with TBX18 in mediating ureteral smooth muscle formationXuguang Nie
Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine of New York University, New York, NY 10029, USA
Development 137:755-65. 2010..Six1 is a crucial regulator of renal development: mutations in human SIX1 cause branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome and Six1(-/-) mice exhibit renal agenesis, although the ureter is present...
- Eya1 regulates the growth of otic epithelium and interacts with Pax2 during the development of all sensory areas in the inner earDan Zou
McLaughlin Research Institute for Biomedical Sciences, 1520 23rd Street South, MT 59405, USA
Dev Biol 298:430-41. 2006..in human EYA4 cause late-onset deafness at the DFNA10 locus, mutations in human EYA1 cause branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome. Inactivation of Eya1 in mice causes an early arrest of the inner ear development at the otocyst stage...
- [Occupationally Orientated Medical Rehabilitation (BOR) for disabilities caused by orthopedic diseases]U Winkelhake
Reha Zentrum Bad Eilsen, Orthopadische Klinik, Bad Eilsen
Rehabilitation (Stuttg) 42:30-5. 2003..to this project, "Occupationally Orientated Medical Rehabilitation" (Berufsorientierte medizinische Rehabilitation, BOR), the participants are extensively informed and tested in the retraining centre, they can also perform occupation-..
- Investigation of the correlation dependence between SO2 emission concentration and meteorological parameters: case study-Bor (Serbia)Ivana Z Ilic
University of Belgrade, Technical Faculty in Bor, corrected Bor, Serbia
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 45:901-7. 2010This paper presents the investigation of the air-pollution management possibility in Bor (Serbia) using statistical analyses of the correlation dependence of SO(2) pollution concentration and meteorological parameters...
- Borderline pathology and the Personality Assessment Inventory (PAI): an evaluation of criterion and concurrent validityMichelle B Stein
Derner Institute of Advanced Psychological Studies, Adelphi University, Garden City, NY 11530, USA
J Pers Assess 88:81-9. 2007..with borderline pathology (BP) would respond on the Personality Assessment Inventory (PAI; Morey, 1991) Borderline (BOR) scales in relation to patients without BP pathology...
- Molecular cloning and overexpression of a novel UDP-glucosyltransferase elevating salidroside levels in Rhodiola sachalinensisLan Qing Ma
Key Laboratory of Photosynthesis and Environmental Molecular Physiology, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100093, People s Republic of China
Plant Cell Rep 26:989-99. 2007Salidroside is a novel effective adaptogenic drug extracted from the medicinal plant Rhodiola sachalinensis A. Bor. Because this plant is a rare resource and has low yield, there is great interest in enhancing the production of ..
- SIX1 mutations cause branchio-oto-renal syndrome by disruption of EYA1-SIX1-DNA complexesRainer G Ruf
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:8090-5. 2004..In branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome, malformations of the kidney or urinary tract are associated...
- Episodes of extremely high concentrations of SO2 and particulate matter in the urban environment of Bor, SerbiaPredrag Djordjevic
University of Belgrade, Technical Faculty in Bor, Bor 19210, Serbia
Environ Res 126:204-7. 2013..presents the extremely high concentrations of SO2 and particulate matter measured in the urban area of the town Bor (Serbia) during August 2011...
- Bioaccumulation of arsenic and cadmium in birch and lime from the Bor regionSlađana C Alagić
Technical Faculty Bor, University of Belgrade, VJ 12, 19210, Bor, Serbia
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 65:671-82. 2013Copper production in the Bor region (east Serbia) during the last 100 years has influenced the quality of soil, water, and air. This pollution has endangered not only the biotope but all living organisms, including humans...
- Galardin (GM 6001), a broad-spectrum matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor, blocks bombesin- and LPA-induced EGF receptor transactivation and DNA synthesis in rat-1 cellsChintda Santiskulvong
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1786, USA
Exp Cell Res 290:437-46. 2003..in early and late response mitogenic signaling in Rat-1 cells stably transfected with the bombesin/GRP receptor (BoR-15 cells)...
- Neuroprotective effects of constituents of the oriental crude drugs, Rhodiola sacra, R. sachalinensis and Tokaku-joki-to, against beta-amyloid toxicity, oxidative stress and apoptosisInhee Mook-Jung
Brain Disease Research Center, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 25:1101-4. 2002We tested the constituents of two Rhodiola plants, Rhodiola sacra S. H. Fu and R. sachalinensis A. BOR, and an Oriental crude drug, Tokaku-joki-to, for their neuroprotective effects...
- Characterization of a novel cyclomaltodextrinase expressed from environmental DNA isolated from Bor Khleung hot spring in ThailandKittapong Tang
BIOTEC Central Research Unit, National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, National Science and Technology Development Agency, Klongluang, Pathumthani, Thailand
FEMS Microbiol Lett 260:91-9. 2006..to the alpha-amylase family was isolated directly from community DNA obtained from soil sediments collected from Bor Khleung hot spring in Thailand...
- Clinical importance of myeloid antigen expression in Moroccan patients with adult B-lineage acute lymphoblastic leukemiaA Lahjouji
Institut National D Hygiene, Rabat, Maroc
Neoplasma 60:553-60. 2013..Immunophenotyping was used to classify leukemic cells as Bor Tlymphoblasts and to identify the aberrant expression of myeloid-associated antigens...
- Nuclear Aurora B and cytoplasmic Survivin expression is involved in lymph node metastasis of colorectal cancerHandan Tuncel
Department of Biophysics, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Fatih, Istanbul 34303, Turkey
Oncol Lett 3:1109-1114. 2012..a key regulator of chromosome segregation and cytokinesis, and consists of Aurora B kinase, INCENP, Survivin and Borealin. Aurora B is a member of a family of serine/threonine protein kinases, and Survivin belongs to the inhibitors of ..
- Combining multiple indicators to assess hospital performance in Iran using the Pabon Lasso ModelBahadori Mohammadkarim
Health Management Research Centre, Baqyattallah University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Australas Med J 4:175-9. 2011..Bed Occupancy Rate (BOR); 2. Bed Turnover (BTO); 3) Average Length of Stay (ALS)...
- Congenital unilateral facial nerve palsy as an unusual presentation of BOR syndromeAugustina Jankauskiene
Children Hospital, Vilnius University Santariskiu klinikos, Santariskiu 4, Vilnius, 08406, Lithuania
Eur J Pediatr 172:273-5. 2013..CFNP is infrequently reported in association with branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome...
- Addressing the questions of tomorrow: melphalan and new combinations as conditioning regimens before autologous hematopoietic progenitor cell transplantation in multiple myelomaMassimo Martino
Oncology Department, Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Viale Europa, Reggio Calabria 89100, Italy
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 22:619-34. 2013..Administration of high-dose melphalan (HDM) is considered the standard conditioning regimen. Nevertheless, several attempts have recently been made to improve the conditioning phase of the HDC procedure...
- Branchio-Oto-Renal Syndrome (BOR) associated with focal glomerulosclerosis in a patient with a novel EYA1 splice site mutationMaddalena Gigante
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Foggia, Foggia, Italy
BMC Nephrol 14:60. 2013Branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome is an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by branchial, ear, and renal anomalies...
- Loss of Borealin/DasraB leads to defective cell proliferation, p53 accumulation and early embryonic lethalityYasunari Yamanaka
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, 54 Kawahara cho, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Mech Dev 125:441-50. 2008b>Borealin/DasraB is a member of the chromosomal passenger protein complex (CPC) required for proper segregation of chromosomes during mitosis...
- Biochemical and functional characterization of six SIX1 Branchio-oto-renal syndrome mutationsAaron N Patrick
Program in Molecular Biology, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Biol Chem 284:20781-90. 2009Branchio-oto-renal syndrome (BOR) is an autosomal dominant developmental disorder characterized by hearing loss, branchial arch defects, and renal anomalies...
- Branchio-oto-renal syndrome: identification of a novel mutation in the EYA1 geneJ Rodriguez-Soriano
Department of Pediatrics, Hospital de Cruces and Basque University School of Medicine, Bilbao, Pais Vasco, Spain
Pediatr Nephrol 16:550-3. 2001Branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome is an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by the association of branchial cysts or fistulae, external ear malformation and/or preauricular pits, hearing loss, and renal anomalies...
- Narrowing the genetic interval and yeast artificial chromosome map in the branchio-oto-renal region on chromosome 8qS Kumar
Department of Genetics, Boys Town National Research Hospital, Omaha, Nebraska 68131, USA
Genomics 31:71-9. 1996Branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome is an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by branchial abnormality, hearing loss, and renal anomalies. Recently, the disease gene has been localized to chromosome 8q...
- Use of the Personality Assessment Inventory (PAI) in neuropsychological testing of psychiatric outpatientsGrace G Aikman
Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Appl Neuropsychol 15:176-83. 2008..A was negatively related to the Somatic Complaints (SOM), Anxiety (ANX), Depression (DEP), and Borderline Features (BOR) scales of the PAI...
- [Malformation processes in the middle ear. Branchio-oto-renal syndrome (BOR)]G Motta
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 16:42-6. 1996The present report concerns a case of Branchio-Oto-Renal (BOR) dysplasia...
- Combined effects of bortezomib and daunorubicin on multiple myeloma cell KM3 in vitroGui Fang Ouyang
Department of Hematology, the First Hospital of Ningbo, Ningbo University Medical College, Ningbo 315010, Zhejiang Province, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 17:1468-71. 2009The aim of this study was to investigate the combined effects of bortezomib (Bor) and daunorubicin (DNR) or each drug alone on proliferation of human multiple myeloma cell line KM3...
- Identification of three novel mutations in human EYA1 protein associated with branchio-oto-renal syndromeS Kumar
Department of Genetics, Center for Hereditary and Communication Disorders, Boys Town National Research Hospital, Omaha, Nebraska 68131, USA
Hum Mutat 11:443-9. 1998The Branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome is an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by branchial clefts, preauricular sinuses, hearing loss, and renal anomalies. Recent studies have shown that mutations in EYA1 are associated with BOR...
- The factor structure of the Personality Assessment Inventory-Borderline Features (PAI-BOR) Scale in a nonclinical sampleK M Jackson
University of Missouri-Columbia, MO 65211, USA
J Pers Disord 15:536-45. 2001..of Morey's (1991) proposed 4-factor structure on Personality Assessment Inventory-Borderline Features Scale (PAI-BOR; Morey, 1991) items in a sample of approximately 5,000 nonclinical participants...
- Consequences of broad auditory filters for identification of multichannel-compressed vowelsPamela Souza
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA
J Speech Lang Hear Res 55:474-86. 2012In view of previous findings (Bor, Souza, & Wright, 2008) that some listeners are more susceptible to spectral changes from multichannel compression (MCC) than others, this study addressed the extent to which differences in effects ..
- Mutation screening of the EYA1, SIX1, and SIX5 genes in an East Asian cohort with branchio-oto-renal syndromeShih Hao Wang
Department of Otolaryngology, National Taiwan University College of Medicine and Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Laryngoscope 122:1130-6. 2012To explore the genetic characteristics of branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome in an East Asian population.
- The RanBP2/RanGAP1*SUMO1/Ubc9 complex is a multisubunit SUMO E3 ligaseAndreas Werner
Zentrum fur Molekulare Biologie der Universitat Heidelberg, DKFZ ZMBH Alliance, Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cell 46:287-98. 2012..of the RanBP2/RanGAP1*SUMO1/Ubc9 complex enabled us to characterize its activity on the endogenous substrate Borealin. We find that the complex is a composite E3 ligase rather than an E2-E3 complex, and demonstrate that complex ..
- Inner ear anomalies are frequent but nonobligatory features of the branchio-oto-renal syndromeMartijn H Kemperman
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Medical Center St Radboud, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 128:1033-8. 2002To summarize the syndromic features and evaluate the presence of inner ear anomalies in 35 patients with branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome from 6 families.
- Characterization of two immunoglobulin VH genes that are homologous to human rheumatoid factorsP P Chen
Department of Basic and Clinical Research, Research Institute of Scripps Clinic, La Jolla, California 92037
Arthritis Rheum 32:72-6. 1989..a VH1 germline gene (Humhv1263) that is closely related to the heavy chains of 2 human rheumatoid factors (RF), Bor and Kas...
- A combined CaO/electrochemical treatment of the acid mine drainage from the "Robule" LakeVisnja Orescanin
Advanced Energy Ltd, Zagreb, Croatia
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 47:1186-91. 2012..the treatment of the acid mine drainage (AMD) accumulated in the "Robule" Lake, which represents the part of the Bor copper mining and smelting complex, Serbia...
- [Seasonal variations in biomass and salidroside content in roots of Rhodiola sachalinensis as affected by gauze and red film shading]Xiufeng Yan
College of Life Sciences, Northeast Forestry University, Harbin 150040, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 15:382-6. 2004Rhodiola sachalinensis A. Bor, a perennial herb, belonging to the family Crassulaceae, is mainly distributed in mountains at the altitudes of 1,700-2,500 m...
- Branchio-oto-renal syndrome: detection of EYA1 and SIX1 mutations in five out of six Danish families by combining linkage, MLPA and sequencing analysesKirsten Marie Sanggaard
Wilhelm Johannsen Centre for Functional Genome Research, Section of Genetics, Institute of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Hum Genet 15:1121-31. 2007The branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome is an autosomal-dominant disorder characterized by hearing loss, branchial and renal anomalies. BOR is genetically heterogeneous and caused by mutations in EYA1 (8q13.3), SIX1 (14q23.1), SIX5 (19q13...
- Speciation of Cr(III) and Cr(VI) in geological and water samples by ytterbium(III) hydroxide coprecipitation system and atomic absorption spectrometryAli Duran
Gaziosmanpasa University, Faculty of Science and Arts, Chemistry Department, 60250 Tokat, Turkey
Food Chem Toxicol 49:1633-7. 2011..4 Certified Reference Water, NIST 2710 Montana Soil). Method has been successfully applied to the chromium speciation for industrial waste water of leather factories located in Bor-Nigde, and also for mine and soil samples.
- Chromosome-borne class A BOR-1 beta-Lactamase of Bordetella bronchiseptica and Bordetella parapertussisMarie Frédérique Lartigue
Service de Bacteriologie Virologie, Hopital de Bicetre, and Faculté de Médecine Paris Sud, Universite Paris XI, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94275 K Bicêtre, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:2565-7. 2005A narrow-spectrum clavulanic acid-inhibited class A beta-lactamase, BOR-1, was identified in a Bordetella bronchiseptica clinical isolate. It shared 45% amino acid identity with L-2 from Stenotrophomonas maltophilia...
- Clustering of mutations responsible for branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome in the eyes absent homologous region (eyaHR) of EYA1S Abdelhak
Unit de Génétique des Déficits Sensoriels, CNRS URA 1968, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Hum Mol Genet 6:2247-55. 1997Branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome is an autosomal dominant disorder, characterised by the association of branchial, otic and renal anomalies with variable degrees of severity...
- [Prophylaxis with acyclovir for herpes zoster infection during bortezomib-dexamethasone combination therapy]Yoshimi Hasegawa
Pharmaceutical Division, Niigata Cancer Center Hospital
Rinsho Ketsueki 50:488-94. 2009A novel molecular targeting drug, a proteasome inhibitor, bortezomib (Bor), has been reported to be highly effective for relapsed/refractory, as well as for newly diagnosed multiple myeloma, but is also associated with a high frequency ..
- Bortezomib and high-dose melphalan as conditioning regimen before autologous stem cell transplantation in patients with de novo multiple myeloma: a phase 2 study of the Intergroupe Francophone du Myelome (IFM)Murielle Roussel
Hopital Purpan, Toulouse, France
Blood 115:32-7. 2010..July and December 2007 to receive bortezomib (1 mg/m(2) x 4) and melphalan (200 mg/m(2)) as conditioning regimen (Bor-HDM). Overall, 70% of patients achieved at least VGPR, including 17 patients with CR (32%) after ASCT...
- Inner ear and kidney anomalies caused by IAP insertion in an intron of the Eya1 gene in a mouse model of BOR syndromeK R Johnson
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Hum Mol Genet 8:645-53. 1999..The human homolog of this gene, EYA1, has been shown to underly branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome, an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by hearing loss with associated branchial and renal ..
- Efficient chromosome biorientation and the tension checkpoint in Saccharomyces cerevisiae both require Bir1Vasso Makrantoni
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression, MSI WTB JBC Complex, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD15EH, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 29:4552-62. 2009..Ipl1 associates with its activators Sli15 (INCENP), Nbl1 (Borealin), and Bir1 (Survivin), but while Sli15 clearly functions with Ipl1 to promote chromosome biorientation, the role ..
- A role for Aurora C in the chromosomal passenger complex during human preimplantation embryo developmentMargarida Avo Santos
Department of Reproductive Medicine and Gynaecology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 26:1868-81. 2011..This important mitotic regulatory complex comprises the inner centromere protein (INCENP), survivin, borealin and Aurora B, or the meiotic kinase Aurora C.
- [Mechanism associated to enhancing the sensitivity of myeloma cells U266 to bortezomib by 2-methoxyestradiol]Shun Quan Wu
Department of Hematology, Fujian Medical University Union Hospital, Fuzhou, Fujian Province, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 19:1424-8. 2011This study was aimed to explore the synergistic effect of 2-methoxyestradiol (2-ME2) and bortezomib (Bor) on the proliferative inhibition and apoptosis of U266 cell line and its possible mechanism...
- Diagnostic and surgical challenge: middle ear dermoid cyst in 12 month old with branchio-oto-renal syndrome and multiple middle-ear congenital anomaliesD R Johnston
Department of Otolaryngology and Communication Enhancement, Children s Hospital Boston, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 75:1341-5. 2011Described is the first case report, to our knowledge, of a middle-ear dermoid in a child with branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome. Radiographic, pathologic, and intraoperative figures are shown...
- Preauricular sinus, nephrolithiasis, infantine eczema and natal tooth: a new associationAyse Esra Yilmaz
Department of Pediatrics, Fatih University, Faculty of Medicine, Alparslan Turkes Caddesi No 57, 06510, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Dermatol 21:234-7. 2011..of other conditions or syndromes in 3-10% of cases, primarily in association with deafness and branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome...
- Patent literature on mosquito repellent inventions which contain plant essential oils--a reviewAdrian Martin Pohlit
Natural Products Department, National Institute for Amazon Research, Manaus, Brazil
Planta Med 77:598-617. 2011..Over 1/2 of all patents named just one EO. Citronella [Cymbopogon nardus (L.) Rendle, C.winterianus Jowitt ex Bor] and eucalyptus (Eucalyptus LʼHér. spp.) EOs were each cited in approximately 1/3 of all patents...
- Mutation screening of the EYA1, SIX1, and SIX5 genes in a large cohort of patients harboring branchio-oto-renal syndrome calls into question the pathogenic role of SIX5 mutationsPauline Krug
AP HP, Service de Nephrologie Pediatrique, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Hum Mutat 32:183-90. 2011Branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome is an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by branchial, ear, and renal anomalies. Over 80 mutations in EYA1 have been reported in BOR...
- The Role of Eya and its Interacting Gene Six in Mammalian Inner Ear DevelopmentPin Xian Xu; Fiscal Year: 2010..been shown to be a key gene for inner ear development: mutations in the human EYA1 gene cause Branchio-Oto-Renal (BOR) syndrome, a congenital birth defect that accounts for as many as 2% of profoundly deaf children, while ..
- Roles of chromosomal factors in chromosome segregationHironori Funabiki; Fiscal Year: 2010..we used expression screening to identify new metaphase chromosome-binding proteins, and discovered Dasra A and Dasra B, two new components of the vertebrate chromosomal passenger complex, which contains the kinase Aurora B...
- The Role of Eya and its Interacting Gene Six in Inner Ear DevelopmentPin Xian Xu; Fiscal Year: 2009..understand the developmental and molecular pathogenesis of inner ear defects that occur in the Branchio-Oto-Renal (BOR) syndrome...
- Retinal Cell-Fate Determination and Pattern FormationGraeme Mardon; Fiscal Year: 2010..In humans, mutations in EYA1 and SIX1 cause the autosomal dominant disorder known as BOR (branchio-oto-renal) syndrome, characterized by branchial arch abnormalities, hearing loss, and kidney defects...
- Identifying new genes for branchio-oto-renal syndromeFriedhelm Hildebrandt; Fiscal Year: 2009Identification of new genes for branchio-oto-renal syndrome. Branchio-oto-renal syndrome (BOR) is an autosomal dominant developmental disorder characterized by the association of hearing loss, renal anomalies, and branchial arch defects...
- EYA1 In Ear Development And Branchio-Oto-Renal SyndromeJose Manaligod; Fiscal Year: 2009..focus on the role of EYA1 in inner ear development, since EYA1 mutations result in branchio-otorenal syndrome (BOR), a common syndromic forms of hearing loss with a unique phenotype that may be reproducible and easily recognizable ..
- Prophylactic and Therapeutic Immunization against H. pylori in Rhesus MacaquesJAY SOLNICK; Fiscal Year: 2007..pylori infection in non-human primates. The project brings together the expertise of the BorÂ¿n lab, which discovered and characterized BabA in a series of elegant studies, and the Solnick lab, which has ..
- Prophylactic and Therapeutic Immunization against H. pylori in Rhesus MacaquesJAY SOLNICK; Fiscal Year: 2007..pylori infection in non-human primates. The project brings together the expertise of the BorÂ¿n lab, which discovered and characterized BabA in a series of elegant studies, and the Solnick lab, which has ..
- Roles of chromosomal factors in chromosome segregationHironori Funabiki; Fiscal Year: 2009..we used expression screening to identify new metaphase chromosome-binding proteins, and discovered Dasra A and Dasra B, two new components of the vertebrate chromosomal passenger complex, which contains the kinase Aurora B...
- Function of the Six and Eya Genes in Retinal DevelopmentJUSTIN KUMAR; Fiscal Year: 2007..Six3 genes, while molecular lesions within the human Eyal gene result in congenital cataracts, Branchio-Oto-Renal (BOR) and Oto-FaciaI-Cervial (OFC) syndromes...
- Roles of transcription factors in kidney developmentPin Xian Xu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Defects in these genes in humans cause Branchio-Oto-Renal (BOR) syndrome, a congenital birth defect characterized by combinations of branchial, otic and renal anomalies...
- ROLE OF MICROGLIA IN HIV/DEMENTIAFrancisco Gonzalez Scarano; Fiscal Year: 2004..For those isolates (like the microglia-adapted HIV-1/BOR-15) which demonstrate a rapid entry phenotype, we will molecularly clone the envelopes, and define the mechanism of ..
- The Role of the Eyal Gene in Metanephric InductionRichard Maas; Fiscal Year: 2006..Haploinsufficiency for human EYA 1 results in Branchio-Oto-Renal (BOR) syndrome...
- The Role of the Eyal Gene in Metanephric InductionRichard Maas; Fiscal Year: 2003..Haploinsufficiency for human EYA 1 results in Branchio-Oto-Renal (BOR) syndrome...
- The Role of the Eyal Gene in Metanephric InductionRichard Maas; Fiscal Year: 2007..Haploinsufficiency for human EYA 1 results in Branchio-Oto-Renal (BOR) syndrome...
- The Role of Eya and its Interacting Gene Six in Mammalian Inner Ear DevelopmentPin Xian Xu; Fiscal Year: 2009..been shown to be a key gene for inner ear development: mutations in the human EYA1 gene cause Branchio-Oto-Renal (BOR) syndrome, a congenital birth defect that accounts for as many as 2% of profoundly deaf children, while ..
- The Role of Eya and its Interacting Gene Six in Mammalian Inner Ear DevelopmentPin Xian Xu; Fiscal Year: 2007..been shown to be a key gene for inner ear development: mutations in the human EYA1 gene cause Branchio-Oto-Renal (BOR) syndrome, a congenital birth defect that accounts for as many as 2% of profoundly deaf children, while ..
- Eya1 and its Interacting Genes in Inner Ear DevelopmentPin Xian Xu; Fiscal Year: 2006..during the development of the auditory system and mutations in the human EYA1 gene cause Branchio-Oto-Renal (BOR) syndrome, a congenital birth defect that accounts for as many as 2% of profoundly deaf children...
- MOLECULAR GENETIC STUDIES OF BRANCHIOGENIC DISORDERSWilliam Kimberling; Fiscal Year: 2006..The Branchio-oto-renal (BOR), gene on chromosome 8q, has been identified as EYA1, however, some BOR, Branchio-renal (BR) and Branchio-oto (BO) ..
- Transcription Factors in Early Kidney DevelopmentPin Xian Xu; Fiscal Year: 2007..found to be expressed in the metanephric mesenchyme and mutations in the human EYA1 gene cause Branchio-Oto-Renal (BOR) syndrome, a congenital birth defect characterized by combinations of branchial, otic and renal anomalies...
- Study of a genetic network involved in ear developmentRick Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2005..We have designated this mutation Eya1 bor The human homologue of this gene, EYAJ, has been shown to underlie Branchio-Oto-Renal (B OR) syndrome, an autosomal ..
- MOLECULAR GENETIC STUDIES OF BRANCHIOGENIC DISORDERSShrawan Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2004..The Branchio-oto-renal (BOR), gene on chromosome 8q, has been identified as EYA1, however, some BOR, Branchio-renal (BR) and Branchio-oto (BO) ..
- Childhood Asthma Prevalence and Risk Factors at the Bor*Michael Lipsett; Fiscal Year: 2004..Abstract not provided ..