Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CDC40
Description: cell division cycle 40
Alias: EHB3, PRP17, PRPF17, pre-mRNA-processing factor 17, EH-binding protein 3, PRP17 homolog, cell division cycle 40 homolog, hPRP17, pre-mRNA splicing factor 17
- Wong W, Schumacher C, Salcini A, Romano A, Castagnino P, Pelicci P, et al. A protein-binding domain, EH, identified in the receptor tyrosine kinase substrate Eps15 and conserved in evolution. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:9530-4 pubmed..Structural comparison of Eps15 and Eps15r defines a family of signal transducers possessing extensive networking abilities including EH-mediated binding and association with Src homology 3-containing proteins. ..
- Miyaki M, Yamaguchi T, Iijima T, Takahashi K, Matsumoto H, Mori T. Somatic mutations of the CDC4 (FBXW7) gene in hereditary colorectal tumors. Oncology. 2009;76:430-4 pubmed publisher..Moreover, infrequent LOH suggests that the CDC4 gene does not follow the general 2-hit model. ..
- Lindsey L, Garcia Blanco M. Functional conservation of the human homolog of the yeast pre-mRNA splicing factor Prp17p. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:32771-5 pubmed..Human hPrp17, which is 35% identical to the S...
- Ben Yehuda S, Dix I, Russell C, McGarvey M, Beggs J, Kupiec M. Genetic and physical interactions between factors involved in both cell cycle progression and pre-mRNA splicing in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2000;156:1503-17 pubmedThe PRP17/CDC40 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae functions in two different cellular processes: pre-mRNA splicing and cell cycle progression...
- Ben Yehuda S, Dix I, Russell C, Levy S, Beggs J, Kupiec M. Identification and functional analysis of hPRP17, the human homologue of the PRP17/CDC40 yeast gene involved in splicing and cell cycle control. RNA. 1998;4:1304-12 pubmed..We show that a yeast-human chimera, carrying the C-terminal two thirds of the hPRP17 protein, is able to complement the cell cycle and splicing defects of a yeast prp17 mutant...
- Zhou Z, Reed R. Human homologs of yeast prp16 and prp17 reveal conservation of the mechanism for catalytic step II of pre-mRNA splicing. EMBO J. 1998;17:2095-106 pubmed..Recently, the human homologs of Prp18 and Slu7 were identified. The observation that humans contain homologs of all four known step II proteins in yeast indicates that the mechanism for catalytic step II is highly conserved. ..
- Liu Y, Wei B, Zhang X, Xu D, Wang B, Yin G, et al. Identification of potential therapeutic target genes and miRNAs for primary myelofibrosis with microarray analysis. Exp Ther Med. 2017;14:2743-2750 pubmed publisher..For downregulated genes, certain DEGs were enriched in the spliceosome, including SF3B1 and CDC40...
- Salcini A, Confalonieri S, Doria M, Santolini E, Tassi E, Minenkova O, et al. Binding specificity and in vivo targets of the EH domain, a novel protein-protein interaction module. Genes Dev. 1997;11:2239-49 pubmed..Based on the characteristics of EH-containing and EH-binding proteins, we propose that EH domains are involved in processes connected with the transport and sorting of molecules within the cell. ..