Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CDC34
Description: cell division cycle 34
Alias: E2-CDC34, UBC3, UBCH3, UBE2R1, ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2 R1, (E3-independent) E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme R1, E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme R1, cell division cycle 34 homolog, ubiquitin carrier protein, ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2-32 KDA complementing, ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2-CDC34, ubiquitin-protein ligase R1
Publications117 found, 100 shown here
- Saha A, Deshaies R. Multimodal activation of the ubiquitin ligase SCF by Nedd8 conjugation. Mol Cell. 2008;32:21-31 pubmed publisher..Ub is much smaller, and, consequentially, the impact of neddylation on transfer of subsequent ubiquitins by Cdc34 arises primarily from improved E2 recruitment and enhanced amide bond formation in the E2 active site...
- Klotz K, Cepeda D, Tan Y, Sun D, Sangfelt O, Spruck C. SCF(Fbxw7/hCdc4) targets cyclin E2 for ubiquitin-dependent proteolysis. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:1832-9 pubmed publisher..Since SCF(Fbxw7/hCdc4) is functionally inactivated in several human cancer types, alteration of this molecular pathway could contribute to the deregulation of cyclin E2 in tumorigenesis. ..
- Ryu K, Choi Y, Ko J, Kim S, Kim H, Cheong H, et al. Direct characterization of E2-dependent target specificity and processivity using an artificial p27-linker-E2 ubiquitination system. BMB Rep. 2008;41:852-7 pubmed..Interestingly, only three E2s (UbcH5b, hHR6b, and Cdc34) are able to ubiquitinate p27 via an intra-molecular reaction in this system...
- Legesse Miller A, Elemento O, Pfau S, Forman J, Tavazoie S, Coller H. let-7 Overexpression leads to an increased fraction of cells in G2/M, direct down-regulation of Cdc34, and stabilization of Wee1 kinase in primary fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:6605-9 pubmed publisher..Among these genes is cdc34, the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme of the Skp1/cullin/F-box (SCF) complex...
- Kleiger G, Saha A, Lewis S, Kuhlman B, Deshaies R. Rapid E2-E3 assembly and disassembly enable processive ubiquitylation of cullin-RING ubiquitin ligase substrates. Cell. 2009;139:957-68 pubmed publisher..We show that chain assembly by ubiquitin ligase SCF and ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Cdc34 is facilitated by the unusual nature of Cdc34-SCF transactions: Cdc34 binds SCF with nanomolar affinity, ..
- Wu K, Kovacev J, Pan Z. Priming and extending: a UbcH5/Cdc34 E2 handoff mechanism for polyubiquitination on a SCF substrate. Mol Cell. 2010;37:784-96 pubmed publisher..Subsequently, the Cdc34 E2 functioned in the formation of polyubiquitin chains...
- Choi Y, Wu K, Jeong K, Lee D, Jeon Y, Choi B, et al. The human Cdc34 carboxyl terminus contains a non-covalent ubiquitin binding activity that contributes to SCF-dependent ubiquitination. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:17754-62 pubmed publisherb>Cdc34 is an E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme that functions in conjunction with SCF (Skp1.Cullin 1.F-box) E3 ubiquitin ligase to catalyze covalent attachment of polyubiquitin chains to a target protein...
- Spratt D, Shaw G. Association of the disordered C-terminus of CDC34 with a catalytically bound ubiquitin. J Mol Biol. 2011;407:425-38 pubmed publisherCell division cycle protein 34 (CDC34) is a key E2 ubiquitin (Ub)-conjugating enzyme responsible for the polyubiquitination of proteins controlling the G1/S stages of cell division...
- Pierce N, Kleiger G, Shan S, Deshaies R. Detection of sequential polyubiquitylation on a millisecond timescale. Nature. 2009;462:615-9 pubmed publisher..predicts that the really interesting new gene (RING) E3 enzymes SCF(Cdc4) and SCF(beta-TrCP) work with the E2 Cdc34 to build polyubiquitin chains on substrates by sequential transfers of single ubiquitins...
- Duda D, Olszewski J, Tron A, Hammel M, Lambert L, Waddell M, et al. Structure of a glomulin-RBX1-CUL1 complex: inhibition of a RING E3 ligase through masking of its E2-binding surface. Mol Cell. 2012;47:371-82 pubmed publisher..repeat fold that tightly binds the E2-interacting surface of RBX1, inhibiting CRL-mediated chain formation by the E2 CDC34. The structure explains the basis for GLMN's selectivity toward RBX1 over RBX2, and how disease-associated ..
- O Santos A, Parrini M, Camonis J. RalGPS2 Is Essential for Survival and Cell Cycle Progression of Lung Cancer Cells Independently of Its Established Substrates Ral GTPases. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0154840 pubmed publisher..This function is largely independent of Ral GTPases and associated with modulation of Skp2, p27 and p21 cell cycle regulators. ..
- Müller G, Lüchmann K, Razzera G, Toledo Silva G, Bebianno M, Marques M, et al. Proteomic response of gill microsomes of Crassostrea brasiliana exposed to diesel fuel water-accommodated fraction. Aquat Toxicol. 2018;201:109-118 pubmed publisher..The present work can be a basis for future ecotoxicological studies in oysters aiming to elucidate the molecular mechanisms behind diesel-WAF toxicity and for environmental monitoring programs. ..
- Yu P, Eggert K, von WirÃ©n N, Li C, Hochholdinger F. Cell Type-Specific Gene Expression Analyses by RNA Sequencing Reveal Local High Nitrate-Triggered Lateral Root Initiation in Shoot-Borne Roots of Maize by Modulating Auxin-Related Cell Cycle Regulation. Plant Physiol. 2015;169:690-704 pubmed publisher..This study provides unique insights into how adult maize roots translate information on heterogeneous nutrient availability into targeted root developmental responses. ..
- Tang X, Fu X, Hao B, Zhu F, Xiao S, Xu L, et al. Identification of sumoylated proteins in the silkworm Bombyx mori. Int J Mol Sci. 2014;15:22011-27 pubmed publisher..was constructed to express an enhanced green fluorescent protein (eGFP)-SUMO fusion protein along with ubiquitin carrier protein 9 of Bombyx mori (BmUBC9)...
- Wu Y, Wu T, Hong C, Wang Y, Yen J. Screening differentially expressed genes in an amphipod (Hyalella azteca) exposed to fungicide vinclozolin by suppression subtractive hybridization. J Environ Sci Health B. 2014;49:856-63 pubmed publisher..Thus, even a non-lethal concentration of vinclozolin still has an effect at the genetic level in H. azteca and presents a potential risk, especially as it would affect non-target organism hormone metabolism. ..
- Mohanty A, Farin F, Bammler T, MacDonald J, Afsharinejad Z, Burbacher T, et al. Infant sex-specific placental cadmium and DNA methylation associations. Environ Res. 2015;138:74-81 pubmed publisher..Larger studies are needed to replicate and extend these findings. Such investigations may further our understanding of epigenetic mechanisms underlying maternal Cd burden with suboptimal fetal growth associations. ..
- Bai B, Man A, Yang K, Guo Y, Xu C, Tse H, et al. Endothelial SIRT1 prevents adverse arterial remodeling by facilitating HERC2-mediated degradation of acetylated LKB1. Oncotarget. 2016;7:39065-39081 pubmed publisher..Conclusion-By downregulating acetylated LKB1 protein via HERC2, SIRT1 fine-tunes the crosstalk between endothelial and vascular smooth muscle cells to prevent adverse arterial remodeling and maintain vascular homeostasis. ..
- Ma Y, Yan M, Huang H, Zhang L, Wang Q, Zhao Y, et al. Associations and prognostic significance of p27Kip1, Jab1 and Skp2 in non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Mol Clin Oncol. 2016;5:357-364 pubmed..These findings suggest that the overexpression of Jab1 or Skp2 plays an important role in the pathogenesis of NHL. Thus, the expression of p27Kip1, Jab1 and Skp2 provided a clinical reference for the treatment of NHL. ..
- Tunsagool P, Jutidamrongphan W, Phaonakrop N, Jaresitthikunchai J, Roytrakul S, Leelasuphakul W. Insights into stress responses in mandarins triggered by Bacillus subtilis cyclic lipopeptides and exogenous plant hormones upon Penicillium digitatum infection. Plant Cell Rep. 2019;: pubmed publisher..b>Ubiquitin carrier protein abundance was developed only in the treated flavedo with CLP extract coupled with P. digitatum infection...
- Liu J, Dong S, Li L, Wang H, Zhao J, Zhao Y. The E3 ubiquitin ligase HECW1 targets thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF1/NKX2.1) for its degradation in the ubiquitin-proteasome system. Cell Signal. 2019;58:91-98 pubmed publisher..This study will provide a new direction to clarify the molecular regulation of TTF1 in lung and its role in lung epithelial remodeling after injury. ..
- Liang Z, Lu Y, Qian Y, Zhu L, Kuang S, Chen F, et al. Cultured cells and wing disc size of silkworm can be controlled by the Hippo pathway. Open Biol. 2018;8: pubmed publisher..01); KEGG analysis showed that the up/downregulated genes were enriched in 49/101 pathways. These findings provided novel information to understand the functions of BmYki3 in a cell proliferation and organ-size control pathway. ..
- Leti F, Malenica I, Doshi M, Courtright A, Van Keuren Jensen K, Legendre C, et al. High-throughput sequencing reveals altered expression of hepatic microRNAs in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease-related fibrosis. Transl Res. 2015;166:304-14 pubmed publisher..These findings support a role for hepatic miRNAs in the pathogenesis of NAFLD-related fibrosis and yield possible new insight into the molecular mechanisms underlying the initiation and progression of liver fibrosis and cirrhosis. ..
- Rui L, Weiyi L, Yu M, Hong Z, Jiao Y, Zhe M, et al. The serine/threonine protein kinase of Streptococcus suis serotype 2 affects the ability of the pathogen to penetrate the blood-brain barrier. Cell Microbiol. 2018;20:e12862 pubmed publisher..3 cells relative to ZY05719-infected cells. Together, the results suggested that STK may affect the expression of E3 ubiquitin ligase HECTD1 and subsequently increase the degradation of claudin-5, thus enabling SS2 to traverse the BBB. ..
- O Connell M, Hayes J. The Keap1/Nrf2 pathway in health and disease: from the bench to the clinic. Biochem Soc Trans. 2015;43:687-9 pubmed publisher..Due to its beneficial role in several diseases, Nrf2 has become a major therapeutic target, with novel natural, synthetic and targeted small molecules currently under investigation to modulate the pathway and in clinical trials. ..
- Dhamad A, Zhou Z, Zhou J, Du Y. Systematic Proteomic Identification of the Heat Shock Proteins (Hsp) that Interact with Estrogen Receptor Alpha (ER?) and Biochemical Characterization of the ER?-Hsp70 Interaction. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0160312 pubmed publisher..Further studies showed that significant portions of Hsp70-1 and Hsc70 were associated with transcriptionally active chromatin and inactive chromatin, and the two Hsps interacted with ER? in both forms of the chromatins in MCF7 cells. ..
- Orthwein A, Noordermeer S, Wilson M, Landry S, Enchev R, Sherker A, et al. A mechanism for the suppression of homologous recombination in G1 cells. Nature. 2015;528:422-6 pubmed publisher..We speculate that the ability to induce homologous recombination in G1 cells with defined factors could spur the development of gene-targeting applications in non-dividing cells. ..
- Vingill S, Brockelt D, Lancelin C, Tatenhorst L, Dontcheva G, Preisinger C, et al. Loss of FBXO7 (PARK15) results in reduced proteasome activity and models a parkinsonism-like phenotype in mice. EMBO J. 2016;35:2008-25 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study establishes a vital role for FBXO7 in neurons, which is required for proper motor control and accentuates the importance of FBXO7 in proteasome function. ..
- Cho K, Haney V, Yoon D, Hao Y, Ferreira P. Uncoupling phototoxicity-elicited neural dysmorphology and death by insidious function and selective impairment of Ran-binding protein 2 (Ranbp2). FEBS Lett. 2015;589:3959-68 pubmed publisher..death-independent changes in ubiquitin-proteasome system (UPS), but death-dependent increase of ubiquitin carrier protein 9(ubc9) levels...
- Wang K, Li Y, Hou M. Applicability of genetic polymorphism analysis for the diagnosis of Angelman syndrome and the correlation between language difficulties and disease phenotype. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..Therefore, UBE3A gene mutation analysis combined with comprehensive clinical evaluations may be suitable for the diagnosis of AS. ..
- Katayama K, Fujiwara C, Noguchi K, Sugimoto Y. RSK1 protects P-glycoprotein/ABCB1 against ubiquitin-proteasomal degradation by downregulating the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2 R1. Sci Rep. 2016;6:36134 pubmed publisher..inhibition downregulates P-gp expression and that P-gp undergoes ubiquitin-proteasomal degradation regulated by UBE2R1 and SCFFbx15...
- Vavougios G, Solenov E, Hatzoglou C, Baturina G, Katkova L, Molyvdas P, et al. Computational genomic analysis of PARK7 interactome reveals high BBS1 gene expression as a prognostic factor favoring survival in malignant pleural mesothelioma. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2015;309:L677-86 pubmed publisher..In the Gordon Mesothelioma Study, 34 of them were assessed out of which SUMO1, UBC3, KIAA0101, HDAC2, DAXX, RBBP4, BBS1, NONO, RBBP7, HTRA2, and STUB1 were significantly overexpressed whereas TRAF6 ..
- Del Prete D, Rice R, Rajadhyaksha A, D ADAMIO L. Amyloid Precursor Protein (APP) May Act as a Substrate and a Recognition Unit for CRL4CRBN and Stub1 E3 Ligases Facilitating Ubiquitination of Proteins Involved in Presynaptic Functions and Neurodegeneration. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:17209-27 pubmed publisher..The well described accumulation of ubiquitinated protein inclusions in neurodegenerative diseases and the link between the ubiquitin-proteasome system and neurodegeneration make this concept plausible. ..
- Zheng K, Liu Q, Wang S, Ren Z, Kitazato K, Yang D, et al. HSV-1-encoded microRNA miR-H1 targets Ubr1 to promote accumulation of neurodegeneration-associated protein. Virus Genes. 2018;54:343-350 pubmed publisher..Our results provide novel insights into the mechanism by which HSV-1-encoded miR-H1 functions in neurodegenerative pathogenesis through targeting Ubr1-mediated Arg/N-end rule degradation pathway. ..
- Liu X, Zhang Y, Hu Z, Li Q, Yang L, Xu G. The Catalytically Inactive Mutation of the Ubiquitin-Conjugating Enzyme CDC34 Affects its Stability and Cell Proliferation. Protein J. 2018;37:132-143 pubmed publisher..Ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme CDC34 can promote the degradation of downstream targets through the UPS whereas its non-catalytic functions are still ..
- Hou Y, Moreau F, Chadee K. PPAR? is an E3 ligase that induces the degradation of NF?B/p65. Nat Commun. 2012;3:1300 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that PPAR? E3 ubiquitin ligase activity induces Lys48-linked ubiquitination and degradation of p65, and that this function is critical to terminate NF?B signalling pathway-elicited inflammation and cancer. ..
- Balachandran C, Emi N, Arun Y, Yamamoto Y, Ahilan B, Sangeetha B, et al. In vitro anticancer activity of methyl caffeate isolated from Solanum torvum Swartz. fruit. Chem Biol Interact. 2015;242:81-90 pubmed publisher..The results strongly suggested that methyl caffeate induced apoptosis in MCF-7 cells via caspase activation through cytochrome c release from mitochondria. ..
- Supakankul P, Mekchay S. Effect of UBE3C polymorphisms on intramuscular fat content and fatty acid composition in Duroc pigs. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..These results suggest that polymorphisms in porcine UBE3C are correlated with IMF content and FA composition, and confirm the importance of porcine UBE3C as a candidate gene for fat deposition in pigs. ..
- Ryo A, Suizu F, Yoshida Y, Perrem K, Liou Y, Wulf G, et al. Regulation of NF-kappaB signaling by Pin1-dependent prolyl isomerization and ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis of p65/RelA. Mol Cell. 2003;12:1413-26 pubmed..These findings uncover two important mechanisms of regulating NF-kappaB signaling and offer new insight into the pathogenesis and treatment of some human diseases such as cancers. ..
- Zhang X, Chao J, Pan Q, Pan K, Weng D, Wang Q, et al. Overexpression of WWP1 promotes tumorigenesis and predicts unfavorable prognosis in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2015;6:40920-33 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that WWP1 might have an oncogenic role in human primary HCC, and that it could be used as a prognostic marker as well as a potential molecular target for the treatment of HCC. ..
- Shin M, Yi E, Kim B, Shin J, Park J, Cho C, et al. STAT3 Potentiates SIAH-1 Mediated Proteasomal Degradation of ?-Catenin in Human Embryonic Kidney Cells. Mol Cells. 2016;39:821-826 pubmed..These results suggest that activated STAT3 regulates active ?-catenin protein levels via stabilization of SIAH-1 and the subsequent ubiquitin-dependent proteasomal degradation of ?-catenin in HEK293T cells. ..
- Hattori N, Mizuno Y. Twenty years since the discovery of the parkin gene. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2017;124:1037-1054 pubmed publisher..In this review, we focus on the history of the discovery of PARK2, the clinical phenotypes of patients with PARK2 mutations, and its functional roles. ..
- Hagglund R, Roizman B. Characterization of the novel E3 ubiquitin ligase encoded in exon 3 of herpes simplex virus-1-infected cell protein 0. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:7889-94 pubmed..containing the HUL-1 domain promotes the ubiquitylation of itself and the ubiquitin conjugating enzyme (E2) cdc34 and interacts with cdc34...
- Rothman A, Arnold N, Pickworth J, Iremonger J, Ciuclan L, Allen R, et al. MicroRNA-140-5p and SMURF1 regulate pulmonary arterial hypertension. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:2495-508 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies identify both miR-140-5p and SMURF1 as key regulators of disease pathology and as potential therapeutic targets for the treatment of PAH. ..
- Wei Y, Jiang J, Liu D, Zhou J, Chen X, Zhang S, et al. Cdc34-mediated degradation of ATF5 is blocked by cisplatin. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:18773-81 pubmed publisher..might be associated with its promoting the nucleus-to-cytoplasm translocation of E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Cdc34 and reducing the interaction between ATF5 and Cdc34...
- Herrero Ruiz J, Mora Santos M, GirÃ¡ldez S, SÃ¡ez C, JapÃ³n M, Tortolero M, et al. Î²TrCP controls the lysosome-mediated degradation of CDK1, whose accumulation correlates with tumor malignancy. Oncotarget. 2014;5:7563-74 pubmed..Finally, we found that CDK1 accumulation in patients' tumors shows a negative correlation with Î²TrCP and a positive correlation with the degree of tumor malignancy. ..
- Iimura A, Yamazaki F, Suzuki T, Endo T, Nishida E, Kusakabe M. The E3 ubiquitin ligase Hace1 is required for early embryonic development in Xenopus laevis. BMC Dev Biol. 2016;16:31 pubmed..Our results suggest that Xenopus laevis hace1 plays an important role in early embryonic development, possibly via regulation of Rac1 activity. ..
- Lan L, Nakajima S, Kapetanaki M, Hsieh C, Fagerburg M, THICKMAN K, et al. Monoubiquitinated histone H2A destabilizes photolesion-containing nucleosomes with concomitant release of UV-damaged DNA-binding protein E3 ligase. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:12036-49 pubmed publisher..Our results provide mechanistic insight into how post-translational modification of H2A at the site of a photolesion initiates the repair process and directly affects the stability of the human genome. ..
- Immanuel V, Kingsley P, Negi P, Isaacs R, Grewal S. Variegated Colors of Pediatric Glioblastoma Multiforme: What to Expect?. Rare Tumors. 2017;9:6552 pubmed publisher..This schedule is the standard treatment for GBM patients. In view of the rarity of pediatric GBM, we report here a case of pontine GBM in a 5-year-old girl...
- Pagano M. Cell cycle regulation by the ubiquitin pathway. FASEB J. 1997;11:1067-75 pubmed..requires ubiquitin-mediated degradation of a cdk inhibitor, p40Sic1, in a pathway that involves the E2 enzyme Cdc34. Recent studies reviewed herein show that the Cdc34 pathway targets phosphorylated substrates...
- Wang F, Chan C, Chen K, Guan X, Lin H, Tong Q. Deacetylation of FOXO3 by SIRT1 or SIRT2 leads to Skp2-mediated FOXO3 ubiquitination and degradation. Oncogene. 2012;31:1546-57 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data support the notion that deacetylation of FOXO3 by SIRT1 or SIRT2 facilitates Skp2-mediated FOXO3 poly-ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation. ..
- Tolkach Y, Merseburger A, Herrmann T, Kuczyk M, Serth J, Imkamp F. Signatures of Adverse Pathological Features, Androgen Insensitivity and Metastatic Potential in Prostate Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2015;35:5443-51 pubmed..high Gleason grade/sum. Some of the investigated genes show promising prognostic and classification features, which might be useful in a clinical setting, warranting for further validation. ..
- Wu J, Zhang P, Sun L, Liu X. Liguisticum wallichii inhibits renal carcinoma progression by downregulating UBE3A and through suppression of NF-?B signaling. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, L. wallichii inhibits renal carcinoma progression by downregulating UBE3A and suppressing the NF-?B signaling pathway. ..
- Lisztwan J, Marti A, Sutterlüty H, Gstaiger M, Wirbelauer C, Krek W. Association of human CUL-1 and ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme CDC34 with the F-box protein p45(SKP2): evidence for evolutionary conservation in the subunit composition of the CDC34-SCF pathway. EMBO J. 1998;17:368-83 pubmed..Here we identify human CUL-1, a member of the cullin family, and the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme CDC34 as additional partners of p45(SKP2) in vivo...
- Wu K, Chong R, Yu Q, Bai J, Spratt D, Ching K, et al. Suramin inhibits cullin-RING E3 ubiquitin ligases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E2011-8 pubmed publisher..Key to CRL activity is the recruitment of the E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Cdc34 through electrostatic interactions between E3's cullin conserved basic canyon and the acidic C terminus of the E2 ..
- Kim C, Vo M, Kim H, Lee H, Yoon N, Lee B, et al. Ectopic over-expression of tristetraprolin in human cancer cells promotes biogenesis of let-7 by down-regulation of Lin28. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:3856-69 pubmed publisher..TTP promotes an increase in expression of mature let-7, which leads to the inhibition of let-7 target gene CDC34 expression and suppresses cell growth...
- Eskandari Nasab E, Hashemi M, Amininia S, Ebrahimi M, Rezaei M, Hashemi S. Effect of TP53 16-bp and Î²-TrCP 9-bp INS/DEL polymorphisms in relation to risk of breast cancer. Gene. 2015;568:181-5 pubmed publisher..05). Our findings suggest that the TP53 16-bp INS/INS and DEL/INS+INS/INS genotypes as well as the INS allele could be genetic factors related to BC risk. ..
- Ibarra R, Sandoval D, Fredrickson E, Gardner R, Kleiger G. The San1 Ubiquitin Ligase Functions Preferentially with Ubiquitin-conjugating Enzyme Ubc1 during Protein Quality Control. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:18778-90 pubmed publisher..was reconstituted in vitro Our results demonstrate that San1 can function with two ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes, Cdc34 and Ubc1...
- Al Qusairi L, Basquin D, Roy A, Rajaram R, Maillard M, Subramanya A, et al. Renal Tubular Ubiquitin-Protein Ligase NEDD4-2 Is Required for Renal Adaptation during Long-Term Potassium Depletion. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:2431-2442 pubmed publisher..Thus, NEDD4-2 has a crucial role in K+ conservation through direct and indirect effects on ENaC, distal nephron K+ channels, and WNK signaling. ..
- King R, Deshaies R, Peters J, Kirschner M. How proteolysis drives the cell cycle. Science. 1996;274:1652-9 pubmed..One pathway, requiring CDC34, initiates DNA replication by degrading a CDK inhibitor...
- Read M, Brownell J, Gladysheva T, Hottelet M, Parent L, Coggins M, et al. Nedd8 modification of cul-1 activates SCF(beta(TrCP))-dependent ubiquitination of IkappaBalpha. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:2326-33 pubmed..These observations provide a functional link between the highly related ubiquitin and Nedd8 pathways of protein modification and show how they operate together to selectively target the signal-dependent degradation of IkappaBalpha. ..
- Strack P, Caligiuri M, Pelletier M, Boisclair M, Theodoras A, Beer Romero P, et al. SCF(beta-TRCP) and phosphorylation dependent ubiquitinationof I kappa B alpha catalyzed by Ubc3 and Ubc4. Oncogene. 2000;19:3529-36 pubmed..We demonstrate specific ubiquitination of I kappa B alpha by Ubc3 and Ubc4 in a phosphorylation and SCF beta-TRCP dependent manner and that both are capable of associating with the ..
- Bartee E, Mansouri M, Hovey Nerenberg B, Gouveia K, Fruh K. Downregulation of major histocompatibility complex class I by human ubiquitin ligases related to viral immune evasion proteins. J Virol. 2004;78:1109-20 pubmed
- Plafker K, Singer J, Plafker S. The ubiquitin conjugating enzyme, UbcM2, engages in novel interactions with components of cullin-3 based E3 ligases. Biochemistry. 2009;48:3527-37 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies represent the first evidence that UbcM2, in concert with substrate adaptors, engages activated CUL3 ligases, thus suggesting that class III E2s are novel regulators of cullin ligases. ..
- Peschiaroli A, Scialpi F, Bernassola F, Pagano M, Melino G. The F-box protein FBXO45 promotes the proteasome-dependent degradation of p73. Oncogene. 2009;28:3157-66 pubmed publisher..All together, these results show that the orphan F-box protein FBXO45 regulates the stability of p73, highlighting a conserved pathway evolved from nematode to human by which the p53 members are regulated by an SCF-dependent mechanism. ..
- Cocklin R, Goebl M. Nutrient sensing kinases PKA and Sch9 phosphorylate the catalytic domain of the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Cdc34. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27099 pubmed publisher..Cdc28 complexes are regulated in turn by the ubiquitin conjugating enzyme Cdc34 and SCF ubiquitin ligase complexes of the ubiquitin-proteasome system (UPS) to control the initiation of DNA ..
- Min S, Lau A, Lee T, Inuzuka H, Wei S, Huang P, et al. Negative regulation of the stability and tumor suppressor function of Fbw7 by the Pin1 prolyl isomerase. Mol Cell. 2012;46:771-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, Pin1-mediated inhibition of Fbw7 contributes to oncogenesis, and Pin1 may be a promising drug target for anticancer therapy. ..
- Kuchay S, Duan S, Schenkein E, Peschiaroli A, Saraf A, Florens L, et al. FBXL2- and PTPL1-mediated degradation of p110-free p85? regulatory subunit controls the PI(3)K signalling cascade. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:472-80 pubmed publisher..We propose that FBXL2 and PTPL1 suppress p85? levels, preventing the inhibition of PI(3)K by an excess of free p85 that could compete with p85-p110 heterodimers for IRS1. ..
- Gao J, Liu Q, Xu Y, Gong X, Zhang R, Zhou C, et al. PPARÎ± induces cell apoptosis by destructing Bcl2. Oncotarget. 2015;6:44635-42 pubmed publisher..These findings revealed a novel mechanism of PPARÎ± governed endogenous Bcl2 protein stability leading to reduced cancer cell chemoresistance, which provides a potential drug target for cancer treatment. ..
- Fattore L, Mancini R, Acunzo M, Romano G, Laganà A, Pisanu M, et al. miR-579-3p controls melanoma progression and resistance to target therapy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E5005-13 pubmed publisher..Finally, miR-579-3p is strongly down-regulated in matched tumor samples from patients before and after the development of resistance to targeted therapies. ..
- Chen A, Wu K, Fuchs S, Tan P, Gomez C, Pan Z. The conserved RING-H2 finger of ROC1 is required for ubiquitin ligation. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:15432-9 pubmed..to interact with CUL1 in transfected cells and diminish the capacity of ROC1-CUL1 to form a stable complex with Cdc34 in vitro. However, C75S, H77A, C94S, and D97A substitutions have no detectable effect on ROC1 binding activities...
- Wirbelauer C, Sutterlüty H, Blondel M, Gstaiger M, Peter M, Reymond F, et al. The F-box protein Skp2 is a ubiquitylation target of a Cul1-based core ubiquitin ligase complex: evidence for a role of Cul1 in the suppression of Skp2 expression in quiescent fibroblasts. EMBO J. 2000;19:5362-75 pubmed
- Block K, Boyer T, Yew P. Phosphorylation of the human ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme, CDC34, by casein kinase 2. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:41049-58 pubmedThe ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme, CDC34, has been implicated in the ubiquitination of a number of vertebrate substrates, including p27(Kip1), IkappaBalpha, Wee1, and MyoD...
- Chen A, Kleiman F, Manley J, Ouchi T, Pan Z. Autoubiquitination of the BRCA1*BARD1 RING ubiquitin ligase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:22085-92 pubmed..These results raise the possibility that BRCA1*BARD1 acts to assemble non-lysine 48-linked polyubiquitin chains that may serve as part of a signaling platform required for coordinating DNA repair-related events. ..
- Wang W, Ungermannova D, Chen L, Liu X. A negatively charged amino acid in Skp2 is required for Skp2-Cks1 interaction and ubiquitination of p27Kip1. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:32390-6 pubmed..Our results revealed a unique requirement for a negatively charged residue in the carboxyl-terminal region of Skp2 in recognition of Cks1 and ubiquitination of p27. ..
- Banks D, Wu M, Higa L, Gavrilova N, Quan J, Ye T, et al. L2DTL/CDT2 and PCNA interact with p53 and regulate p53 polyubiquitination and protein stability through MDM2 and CUL4A/DDB1 complexes. Cell Cycle. 2006;5:1719-29 pubmed..Our studies demonstrate that PCNA, L2DTL and the DDB1-CUL4A complex play critical and differential roles in regulating the protein stability of p53 and MDM2/HDM2 in unstressed and stressed cells. ..
- Jin J, Li X, Gygi S, Harper J. Dual E1 activation systems for ubiquitin differentially regulate E2 enzyme charging. Nature. 2007;447:1135-8 pubmed..Our data reveal unexpected complexity in the pathways that control the conjugation of ubiquitin, in which dual E1s orchestrate the charging of distinct cohorts of E2s. ..
- Umanskaya K, Radke S, Chander H, Monardo R, Xu X, Pan Z, et al. Skp2B stimulates mammary gland development by inhibiting REA, the repressor of the estrogen receptor. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:7615-22 pubmed..These results indicate that the observed expression of Skp2B in breast cancer does contribute to tumorigenesis at least in part by modulating the activity of the estrogen receptor. ..
- Dimova N, Hathaway N, Lee B, Kirkpatrick D, Berkowitz M, Gygi S, et al. APC/C-mediated multiple monoubiquitylation provides an alternative degradation signal for cyclin B1. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:168-76 pubmed publisher..We therefore explain how a substrate that contains multiple ubiquitin acceptor sites confers flexibility in the requirement for particular E2 enzymes in modulating the rate of ubiquitin-dependent proteolysis. ..
- Chen H, Ma H, Inuzuka H, Diao J, Lan F, Shi Y, et al. DNA damage regulates UHRF1 stability via the SCF(?-TrCP) E3 ligase. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:1139-48 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data identify SCF(?-TrCP) as a bona fide UHRF1 E3 ligase important for regulating UHRF1 steady-state levels both under normal conditions and in response to DNA damage. ..
- Ooi L, Watanabe N, Futamura Y, Sulaiman S, Darah I, Osada H. Identification of small molecule inhibitors of p27(Kip1) ubiquitination by high-throughput screening. Cancer Sci. 2013;104:1461-7 pubmed publisher..Our approach indicates a potential strategy for restoring p27(Kip1) levels in human cancers. ..
- Lee A, Rayner S, Gwee S, De Luca A, Shahheydari H, Sundaramoorthy V, et al. Pathogenic mutation in the ALS/FTD gene, CCNF, causes elevated Lys48-linked ubiquitylation and defective autophagy. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2018;75:335-354 pubmed publisher..This study also demonstrates that a single missense mutation in cyclin F causes hyper-ubiquitylation of proteins that can indirectly impair the autophagy degradation pathway, which is implicated in ALS pathogenesis. ..