Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CD98
Description: solute carrier family 3 member 2
Alias: 4F2, 4F2HC, 4T2HC, CD98, CD98HC, MDU1, NACAE, 4F2 cell-surface antigen heavy chain, CD98 heavy chain, antigen defined by monoclonal antibody 4F2, heavy chain, antigen identified by monoclonal antibodies 4F2, TRA1.10, TROP4, and T43, lymphocyte activation antigen 4F2 large subunit, monoclonal antibody 44D7, solute carrier family 3 (activators of dibasic and neutral amino acid transport), member 2, solute carrier family 3 (amino acid transporter heavy chain), member 2
Publications123 found, 100 shown here
- Merlin D, Sitaraman S, Liu X, Eastburn K, Sun J, Kucharzik T, et al. CD98-mediated links between amino acid transport and beta 1 integrin distribution in polarized columnar epithelia. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:39282-9 pubmedIn non-polarized cells, CD98 has been shown to both influence beta(1) integrins and heterodimerize with LAT-2, which confers amino acid transport capability on the LAT-2/CD98 heterodimer...
- Feral C, Nishiya N, Fenczik C, Stuhlmann H, Slepak M, Ginsberg M. CD98hc (SLC3A2) mediates integrin signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:355-60 pubmed..CD98 heterodimers, comprised of a heavy chain (CD98hc, SLC3A2) and one of several light chains, interact with integrins through CD98hc...
- Michalak M, Quackenbush E, Letarte M. Inhibition of Na+/Ca2+ exchanger activity in cardiac and skeletal muscle sarcolemmal vesicles by monoclonal antibody 44D7. J Biol Chem. 1986;261:92-5 pubmed..Preincubation of membrane vesicles with monoclonal antibody 44D7 inhibited 90% of the Na+-dependent Ca2+ uptake measured in the first 10 s of the reaction and 50% of that ..
- Hemler M, Strominger J. Characterization of antigen recognized by the monoclonal antibody (4F2): different molecular forms on human T and B lymphoblastoid cell lines. J Immunol. 1982;129:623-8 pubmedThe monoclonal antibody 4F2 recognizes a disulfide-linked ricin-binding glycoprotein complex (Mr congruent to 125,000) composed of a sialylated heavy subunit (Mr congruent to 85,000 on T cell lines) and an unsialylated light subunit (Mr ..
- Ohgimoto S, Tabata N, Suga S, Nishio M, Ohta H, Tsurudome M, et al. Molecular characterization of fusion regulatory protein-1 (FRP-1) that induces multinucleated giant cell formation of monocytes and HIV gp160-mediated cell fusion. FRP-1 and 4F2/CD98 are identical molecules. J Immunol. 1995;155:3585-92 pubmed..Eleven of fifteen N-terminal amino acids of FRP-1 were the same as the amino acid sequence of 4F2/CD98 heavy chain. FRP-1 molecules were detected in Con A- or IL-2-stimulated lymphocytes, while FRP-1 was rare on resting ..
- Miyamoto Y, Mitchell J, McIntyre B. Physical association and functional interaction between beta1 integrin and CD98 on human T lymphocytes. Mol Immunol. 2003;39:739-51 pubmedb>CD98 is a cell surface protein previously characterized as a cell activation marker, an amino acid transporter, and has recently been implicated in integrin-related functions...
- Henderson N, Collis E, Mackinnon A, Simpson K, Haslett C, Zent R, et al. CD98hc (SLC3A2) interaction with beta 1 integrins is required for transformation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:54731-41 pubmedb>CD98hc (SLC3A2) constitutively and specifically associates with beta(1) integrins and is highly expressed on the surface of human tumor cells irrespective of the tissue of origin...
- Rosell A, Meury M, Álvarez Marimon E, Costa M, Perez Cano L, Zorzano A, et al. Structural bases for the interaction and stabilization of the human amino acid transporter LAT2 with its ancillary protein 4F2hc. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:2966-71 pubmed publisher..In this work, transmission electron microscopy and single-particle analysis of purified human 4F2hc/L-type amino acid transporter 2 (LAT2) heterodimers overexpressed in the yeast Pichia pastoris, together with ..
- Yamamoto Y, Sawa R, Wake I, Morimoto A, Okimura Y. Glucose-mediated inactivation of AMP-activated protein kinase reduces the levels of L-type amino acid transporter 1 mRNA in C2C12 cells. Nutr Res. 2017;47:13-20 pubmed publisher..glucose also reduced the level of sodium-dependent neutral amino acid transporter 2 mRNA, but not that of 4F2 heavy chain...
- Yun S, Han Y, Lee J, Kim S, Lee S. Enhanced Susceptibility to 5-Fluorouracil in Human Colon Cancer Cells by Silencing of GRP78. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:2975-2984 pubmed..GRP78 silencing and incubation with 5-FU have synergistic effects on the inhibition of LoVo colon cancer cell growth via the induction of ER stress-dependent apoptosis. ..
- Batistel F, Alharthi A, Wang L, Parys C, Pan Y, Cardoso F, et al. Placentome Nutrient Transporters and Mammalian Target of Rapamycin Signaling Proteins Are Altered by the Methionine Supply during Late Gestation in Dairy Cows and Are Associated with Newborn Birth Weight. J Nutr. 2017;147:1640-1647 pubmed publisher
- Chairoungdua A, Segawa H, Kim J, Miyamoto K, Haga H, Fukui Y, et al. Identification of an amino acid transporter associated with the cystinuria-related type II membrane glycoprotein. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:28845-8 pubmed..y(+)L, and system x(-)C, which are linked, via a disulfide bond, to the other type II membrane glycoprotein, 4F2hc (4F2 heavy chain)...
- Duan X, Lin Y, Lv H, Yang Y, Jiao H, Hou X. Methionine Induces LAT1 Expression in Dairy Cow Mammary Gland by Activating the mTORC1 Signaling Pathway. DNA Cell Biol. 2017;36:1126-1133 pubmed publisher..of methionine for 24?h resulted in increased expression of LAT1 and its associated protein 4F2 heavy chain (4F2hc). Maximal expression levels occurred after treatment with 0.6?mM methionine...
- Seara F, Barbosa R, de Oliveira D, Gran da Silva D, Carvalho A, Freitas Ferreira A, et al. Administration of anabolic steroid during adolescence induces long-term cardiac hypertrophy and increases susceptibility to ischemia/reperfusion injury in adult Wistar rats. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;171:34-42 pubmed publisher
- Choi D, Kim D, Kanai Y, Wempe M, Endou H, Kim J. JPH203, a selective L-type amino acid transporter 1 inhibitor, induces mitochondria-dependent apoptosis in Saos2 human osteosarcoma cells. Korean J Physiol Pharmacol. 2017;21:599-607 pubmed publisher..FOB human osteoblastic cells and Saos2 cells expressed LAT1 and LAT2 together with their associating protein 4F2 heavy chain, but the expression of LAT2 in the Saos2 cells was especially weak...
- Liu X, Shen M, Qi Q, Zhang H, Guo S. Corroborating evidence for platelet-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition and fibroblast-to-myofibroblast transdifferentiation in the development of adenomyosis. Hum Reprod. 2016;31:734-49 pubmed publisher..Support for data collection and analysis was provided by grants from the National Science Foundation of China. None of the authors has anything to disclose. ..
- Seara F, Barbosa R, Santos M, Domingos A, Monnerat G, Carvalho A, et al. Paradoxical effect of testosterone supplementation therapy on cardiac ischemia/reperfusion injury in aged rats. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2019;: pubmed publisher..Conversely, TST did not promote significant effects in adult rat hearts. Taken together, these findings suggest that myocardial stunning and infarct size of aged hearts were distinctly affected by TST. ..
- Sanayama Y, Matsumoto A, Shimojo N, Kohno Y, Nakaya H. Phenylalanine sensitive K562-D cells for the analysis of the biochemical impact of excess amino acid. Sci Rep. 2014;4:6941 pubmed publisher..The increased expression of the L-type amino acid transporter (LAT2) and its adapter protein 4F2 heavy chain appeared to be responsible for the higher sensitivity to phenylalanine in K562-D cells...
- Poncet N, Mitchell F, Ibrahim A, McGuire V, English G, Arthur J, et al. The catalytic subunit of the system L1 amino acid transporter (slc7a5) facilitates nutrient signalling in mouse skeletal muscle. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e89547 pubmed publisher..high-affinity System L1 functions as a glycoprotein-associated heterodimer with the multifunctional protein SLC3A2 (CD98)...
- Smith R, Moccia R, Seymour C, Mothersill C. Irradiation of rainbow trout at early life stages results in a proteomic legacy in adult gills. Part A; proteomic responses in the irradiated fish and in non-irradiated bystander fish. Environ Res. 2018;163:297-306 pubmed publisher..These bystander effect proteomic changes have been shown to be overwhelmingly anti-tumorigenic or protective of the fish gill. ..
- Belyhun Y, Liebert U, Maier M. Clade homogeneity and low rate of delta virus despite hyperendemicity of hepatitis B virus in Ethiopia. Virol J. 2017;14:176 pubmed publisher..Thus, the potential role of HBV drug resistance associated polymerase mutations and concomitant HBsAg protein variability on HDV viral assembly, secretion and infectivity needs further investigation. ..
- Kaufman J, Kassube K, Almeida R, Rius A. Short communication: High incubation temperature in bovine mammary epithelial cells reduced the activity of the mTOR signaling pathway. J Dairy Sci. 2018;101:7480-7486 pubmed publisher..These results may help explain the direct effect of elevated temperature on AA metabolism and protein translation in heat-stressed animals. ..
- Lin X, Yang P, Reece E, Yang P. Pregestational type 2 diabetes mellitus induces cardiac hypertrophy in the murine embryo through cardiac remodeling and fibrosis. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017;217:216.e1-216.e13 pubmed publisher..Adverse cardiac remodeling, including elevated collagen synthesis, suppressed fibronectin synthesis, profibrosis, and apoptosis, is implicated as the etiology of cardiac hypertrophy. ..
- Rajesh M, Batkai S, Kechrid M, Mukhopadhyay P, Lee W, Horváth B, et al. Cannabinoid 1 receptor promotes cardiac dysfunction, oxidative stress, inflammation, and fibrosis in diabetic cardiomyopathy. Diabetes. 2012;61:716-27 pubmed publisher..Conversely, CB(1) receptor inhibition may be beneficial in the treatment of diabetic cardiovascular complications. ..
- Mamedov A, Ponomarenko N, Belogurov A, Gabibov A. Heterodimer HLA-DM Fused with Constant Fragment of the Heavy Chain of the Human Immunoglobulin Accelerates Influenza Hemagglutinin HA306-318 Loading to HLA-DR1. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2016;161:92-5 pubmed publisher..Our results can be used to study the presentation of other viral and self-antigens and can become the basis for the development of new drug modeling. ..
- Weiss K, Littleton J. Characterization of axonal transport defects in Drosophila Huntingtin mutants. J Neurogenet. 2016;30:212-221 pubmed
- Kudová J, Prochazkova J, Vašíček O, Perecko T, Sedláčková M, Pesl M, et al. HIF-1alpha Deficiency Attenuates the Cardiomyogenesis of Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0158358 pubmed publisher..These findings thus suggest that HIF-1? deficiency attenuates spontaneous cardiomyogenesis through the negative regulation of endoderm development in mESC differentiating in vitro. ..
- Celik A, Simper G, Hiemisch W, Blasczyk R, Bade Döding C. HLA-G peptide preferences change in transformed cells: impact on the binding motif. Immunogenetics. 2018;70:485-494 pubmed publisher..This exclusive and unexpected observation suggests an exquisite immune function of HLA-G. ..
- Hashimoto M, Inoue T, Katakura M, Hossain S, Mamun A, Matsuzaki K, et al. Differential effects of docoosahexaenoic and arachidonic acid on fatty acid composition and myosin heavy chain-related genes of slow- and fast-twitch skeletal muscle tissues. Mol Cell Biochem. 2016;415:169-81 pubmed publisher..Our studies finally indicate that DHA and ARA differentially affect the regulation of contractile and metabolic properties of slow- and fast-twitch skeletal muscles. ..
- Areal L, Pereira L, Ribeiro F, Olmo I, Muniz M, do Carmo Rodrigues M, et al. Role of Dynein Axonemal Heavy Chain 6 Gene Expression as a Possible Biomarker for Huntington's Disease: a Translational Study. J Mol Neurosci. 2017;63:342-348 pubmed publisher..Although further studies are necessary to underlie the molecular mechanisms of dynein-htt interaction, this data highlights DNAH6 as a potential new blood marker for HD. ..
- Chellappan G, Kumar R, Santos E, Goyal D, Cai S, Singh B. Structural and functional analysis of botulinum neurotoxin subunits for pH-dependent membrane channel formation and translocation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1854:1510-6 pubmed publisher..Also, the similarity in the structures at pH7.2 and transition pH4.5 to 7.2 suggested that the flexibility acquired by the protein at low pH was reversible upon exposure to neutral pH for cleavage of SNARE proteins. ..
- Cui Y, Li D, Morisseau C, Dong J, Yang J, Wan D, et al. Heavy chain single-domain antibodies to detect native human soluble epoxide hydrolase. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2015;407:7275-83 pubmed publisher..This study also demonstrates the broad utility of VHH in biochemical and pharmacological research. ..
- Peng L, Zheng Y, You F, Wu Z, Tan X, Jiao S, et al. Comparison of growth characteristics between skeletal muscle satellite cell lines from diploid and triploid olive flounder Paralichthys olivaceus. Peerj. 2016;4:e1519 pubmed publisher..Both cell lines will become the ideal tools to learn the mechanism of fish MSCs proliferation, differentiation and regeneration during muscle development in the future. ..
- El Ansari R, Craze M, Diez Rodriguez M, Nolan C, Ellis I, Rakha E, et al. The multifunctional solute carrier 3A2 (SLC3A2) confers a poor prognosis in the highly proliferative breast cancer subtypes. Br J Cancer. 2018;118:1115-1122 pubmed publisher..001). SLC3A2 appears to play a role in the aggressive BC subtypes driven by MYC and could act as a potential prognostic marker. Functional assessment is necessary to reveal its potential therapeutic value in the different BC subtypes. ..
- Bröer A, Wagner C, Lang F, Broer S. The heterodimeric amino acid transporter 4F2hc/y+LAT2 mediates arginine efflux in exchange with glutamine. Biochem J. 2000;349 Pt 3:787-95 pubmed..into the plasma membrane, these transporters have to be associated with the type-II membrane glycoprotein 4F2hc [Torrents, Estevez, Pineda, Fernandez, Lloberas, Shi, Zorzano and Palacin (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 32437-32445]...
- Tanaka T, Zhang W, Sun Y, Shuai Z, Chida A, Kenny T, et al. Autoreactive monoclonal antibodies from patients with primary biliary cholangitis recognize environmental xenobiotics. Hepatology. 2017;66:885-895 pubmed publisher..Importantly, cross-reactive mAbs also recognized lipoic acid, a mitochondrial fatty acid that is covalently bound to PDC-E2...
- Lian G, Arimochi H, Kitamura A, Nishida J, Li S, Kishihara K, et al. Manipulation of CD98 resolves type 1 diabetes in nonobese diabetic mice. J Immunol. 2012;188:2227-34 pubmed publisher..We probed a panel of Abs with T cell-modulating activity and identified a mAb specific for the H chain of CD98 (CD98hc) that was able to suppress T cell proliferation...
- Cui X, Zhang L, Magli A, Catera R, Yan X, Griffin D, et al. Cytoplasmic myosin-exposed apoptotic cells appear with caspase-3 activation and enhance CLL cell viability. Leukemia. 2016;30:74-85 pubmed publisher..These results support the hypothesis that stimulation of CLL cells with antigen, such as those on MEACs, promotes CLL cell viability, which in turn could lead to progression to worse disease. ..
- Becs G, Zarjou A, Agarwal A, KovÃ¡cs K, Becs Ã, Nyitrai M, et al. Pharmacological induction of ferritin prevents osteoblastic transformation of smooth muscle cells. J Cell Mol Med. 2016;20:217-30 pubmed publisher..Hence, utilization of such agents that will cause enhanced ferritin synthesis may have important clinical applications in prevention of vascular calcification. ..
- He X, Di Y, Li J, Xie Y, Tang Y, Zhang F, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of CT120, a novel membrane-associated gene involved in amino acid transport and glutathione metabolism. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;297:528-36 pubmed
- Bantleon F, Wolf S, Seismann H, Dam S, Lorentzen A, Miehe M, et al. Human IgE is efficiently produced in glycosylated and biologically active form in lepidopteran cells. Mol Immunol. 2016;72:49-56 pubmed publisher..Therefore our data contribute to the understanding of functional and structural aspects and potential use of the IgE isotype. ..
- Shiou Y, Huang I, Lin H, Lee H. High fat diet aggravates atrial and ventricular remodeling of hypertensive heart disease in aging rats. J Formos Med Assoc. 2018;117:621-631 pubmed publisher..05). Hypertensive heart disease in aging rats was aggravated by HFD with worse atrial, ventricular remodeling and associated with left ventricular systolic function impairment. ..
- Maity P, Blount A, Jumaa H, Ronneberger O, Lillemeier B, Reth M. B cell antigen receptors of the IgM and IgD classes are clustered in different protein islands that are altered during B cell activation. Sci Signal. 2015;8:ra93 pubmed publisher..Together, these data provide evidence for a preformed multimeric organization of BCRs on the plasma membrane that is remodeled after B cell activation. ..
- Brozic A, Pohar Marinsek Z, Novakovic S, Kloboves Prevodnik V. Inconclusive flow cytometric surface light chain results; can cytoplasmic light chains, Bcl-2 expression and PCR clonality analysis improve accuracy of cytological diagnoses in B-cell lymphomas?. Diagn Pathol. 2015;10:191 pubmed publisher..Determination of cIg LCs, Bcl-2 expression and PCR clonality analysis of B cells improved accuracy of cytological diagnoses in BCL with inconclusive sIg LC. However, clonality determined by PCR was misleading in some cases. ..
- Abbadi A, Lauer M, Swaidani S, Wang A, Hascall V. Hyaluronan Rafts on Airway Epithelial Cells. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:1448-55 pubmed publisher..Thus, these leukocyte-adhesive HA rafts are now identified as HC3-HA complexes that could be part of a host defense mechanism filling some important gaps in our current understanding of murine airway epithelial biology and secretions. ..
- Fischer K, Hallek M. Optimizing frontline therapy of CLL based on clinical and biological factors. Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program. 2017;2017:338-345 pubmed publisher..This manuscript summarizes the current evidence of the available treatment options and proposes an integrated algorithm for the frontline therapy of CLL...
- Harridge S, Bottinelli R, Canepari M, Pellegrino M, Reggiani C, Esbjörnsson M, et al. Sprint training, in vitro and in vivo muscle function, and myosin heavy chain expression. J Appl Physiol (1985). 1998;84:442-9 pubmed..With the shortening potential of the muscles apparently unchanged, the increased strength of the major lower limb muscles is likely to have contributed to the 7% increase (P < 0.05) in peak pedal frequency during cycling...
- Pirazzini M, Azarnia Tehran D, Zanetti G, Rossetto O, Montecucco C. Hsp90 and Thioredoxin-Thioredoxin Reductase enable the catalytic activity of Clostridial neurotoxins inside nerve terminals. Toxicon. 2018;147:32-37 pubmed publisher..Given the fundamental role of L reduction and refolding, this machinery represents a rational target for the development of mechanism-based antitoxins. ..
- Koshman Y, Chu M, Kim T, Kalmanson O, Farjah M, Kumar M, et al. Cardiomyocyte-specific expression of CRNK, the C-terminal domain of PYK2, maintains ventricular function and slows ventricular remodeling in a mouse model of dilated cardiomyopathy. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2014;72:281-91 pubmed publisher..5Â±1.0ms), and reduced LV remodeling (LVRI=4.9Â±0.1). Cardiomyocyte-specific expression of CRNK improves contractile function and slows LV remodeling in a mouse model of DCM. ..
- Sartim M, Costa T, Laure H, EspÃndola M, Frantz F, Sorgi C, et al. Moojenactivase, a novel pro-coagulant PIIId metalloprotease isolated from Bothrops moojeni snake venom, activates coagulation factors II and X and induces tissue factor up-regulation in leukocytes. Arch Toxicol. 2016;90:1261-78 pubmed publisher..moojeni envenomation. Moreover, the metalloprotease may contribute to the development of new diagnostic tools and pharmacological approaches applied to hemostatic disorders. ..
- Willis J, Finn J, Briney B, Sapparapu G, Singh V, King H, et al. Long antibody HCDR3s from HIV-naÃ¯ve donors presented on a PG9 neutralizing antibody background mediate HIV neutralization. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:4446-51 pubmed publisher..Long HCDR3 sequences are present in the HIV-naÃ¯ve B-cell repertoire, suggesting that this class of bnAbs is a favorable target for rationally designed preventative vaccine efforts. ..
- Kaneko K, Seta K, Soma J, Kuwahara T, Koizumi M, Kikuchi Y, et al. Gamma 1-heavy chain deposition disease accompanied by IgG kappa in serum, urine, and bone marrow. CEN Case Rep. 2014;3:44-48 pubmed publisher..HCDD associated with kappa light chain is extremely rare. We report the first case of HCDD with IgG kappa detected in the serum, urine, and bone marrow. ..
- Flores Martín J, Reyna L, Ridano M, Panzetta Dutari G, Genti Raimondi S. Suppression of StarD7 promotes endoplasmic reticulum stress and induces ROS production. Free Radic Biol Med. 2016;99:286-295 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that StarD7 contributes to modulate cellular redox homeostasis. ..
- Riley R, Khomtchouk K, Blomberg B. Age-associated B cells (ABC) inhibit B lymphopoiesis and alter antibody repertoires in old age. Cell Immunol. 2017;321:61-67 pubmed publisher..In this manner, ABC may contribute to both qualitative and quantitative disruptions of normal B lymphopoiesis in old age. ..
- Gendron T, Daughrity L, Heckman M, Diehl N, Wuu J, Miller T, et al. Phosphorylated neurofilament heavy chain: A biomarker of survival for C9ORF72-associated amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Ann Neurol. 2017;82:139-146 pubmed publisher..These data support the use of CSF pNFH as a prognostic biomarker for clinical trials, which will increase the likelihood of successfully developing a treatment for c9ALS. Ann Neurol 2017;82:139-146. ..
- Silva P, Justicia A, Regueiro A, FariÃ±a S, Couselo J, Loidi L. Autosomal recessive agammaglobulinemia due to defect in Î¼ heavy chain caused by a novel mutation in the IGHM gene. Genes Immun. 2017;18:197-199 pubmed publisher..The IGHM gene is very complex and it is likely that yet unidentified mutations appear in other patients. ..
- Hamid R, Tomar R, Marashi H, Shafaroudi S, Golakiya B, Mohsenpour M. Transcriptome profiling and cataloging differential gene expression in floral buds of fertile and sterile lines of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). Gene. 2018;660:80-91 pubmed publisher..The results of this study contribute to basic information for future screening of genes and identification of molecular portraits responsible for CMS as well as to elucidate molecular mechanisms that lead to CMS in cotton. ..
- Murach K, Bagley J, McLeland K, Arevalo J, Ciccone A, Malyszek K, et al. Improving human skeletal muscle myosin heavy chain fiber typing efficiency. J Muscle Res Cell Motil. 2016;37:1-5 pubmed publisher..These data may help minimize cost, personnel-time, and materials associated with this technique, thereby improving fiber typing efficiency in humans. ..
- Huang T, Wu K, Yuan X, Shao S, Wang W, Wei S, et al. Molecular analysis of the immunoglobulin genes in goose. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;60:160-6 pubmed publisher..Our study provides more insights into the immunoglobulin genes in goose that had not been fully explored before. ..
- Antoro E, Dwianingsih E, Indrawati -, Triningsih F, Harijadi -. The Polymerase Chain Reaction in Diagnosis of Small B-Cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016;17:491-5 pubmed..The present study revealed a substantial agreement among pathologists in small B-cell NHL diagnosis. For difficult cases, PCR is useful as complementary method to morphologic and IHC examinations to establish definitive diagnosis. ..
- Homburger J, Green E, Caleshu C, Sunitha M, Taylor R, Ruppel K, et al. Multidimensional structure-function relationships in human β-cardiac myosin from population-scale genetic variation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:6701-6 pubmed publisher..Our study provides a model for integrating protein structure, large-scale genetic sequencing, and detailed phenotypic data to reveal insight into time-shifted protein structures and genetic disease. ..
- Fournier M, Lewis M. Functional, cellular, and biochemical adaptations to elastase-induced emphysema in hamster medial scalene. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2000;88:1327-37 pubmed..Adaptations of the scalene with Emp likely relate both to increased loads and to factors intrinsic to muscle architecture and chest mechanics...
- Vertegaal A, Kuiperij H, Houweling A, Verlaan M, van der Eb A, Zantema A. Differential expression of tapasin and immunoproteasome subunits in adenovirus type 5- versus type 12-transformed cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:139-46 pubmed..Therefore, the critical alteration leading to the plethora of differences may be an interferon (-related) effect...
- Kabir Salmani M, Fukuda M, Kanai Azuma M, Ahmed N, Shiokawa S, Akimoto Y, et al. The membrane-spanning domain of CD98 heavy chain promotes alpha(v)beta3 integrin signals in human extravillous trophoblasts. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:707-15 pubmedb>CD98 heavy chain (CD98hc) is expressed highly in developing human placental trophoblast. CD98hc is an amino acid transporter and is thought to function in cell fusion, adhesion, and invasion by interacting with integrins...
- Abele R, Tampe R. The TAP translocation machinery in adaptive immunity and viral escape mechanisms. Essays Biochem. 2011;50:249-64 pubmed publisher..In this chapter, we summarize the structural organization and molecular mechanism of the antigen-translocation machinery as well as various modes of regulation by viral factors and in genetic diseases and tumour development...
- Wu B, Zhou Y, Wang Y, Yang X, Liu Z, Li J, et al. Dominant Suppression of ?1 Integrin by Ectopic CD98-ICD Inhibits Hepatocellular Carcinoma Progression. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed..Our previous work showed that knockdown of CD98 significantly inhibits malignant HCC cell phenotypes in vitro and in vivo...
- Kudo Y, Boyd C. RNA interference-induced reduction in CD98 expression suppresses cell fusion during syncytialization of human placental BeWo cells. FEBS Lett. 2004;577:473-7 pubmedThe physiological importance of CD98 surface antigen in regulating placental trophoblast cell fusion has been studied in a cell model of syncytialization (the cytotrophoblast cell line BeWo following increased intracellular cAMP by ..
- Brandl A, Daum P, Brenner S, Schulz S, Yap D, Bösl M, et al. The microprocessor component, DGCR8, is essential for early B-cell development in mice. Eur J Immunol. 2016;46:2710-2718 pubmed publisher..We conclude from these findings that the microprocessor component DGCR8 is essential for survival and differentiation of early B-cell progenitors. ..
- Veeranan Karmegam R, Boggupalli D, Liu G, Gonsalvez G. A new isoform of Drosophila non-muscle Tropomyosin 1 interacts with Kinesin-1 and functions in oskar mRNA localization. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:4252-4264 pubmed..Apart from osk mRNA localization, several additional Khc-dependent processes in the oocyte are unaffected upon loss of Tm1C. Our results therefore suggest that the Tm1C-Khc interaction is specific for the osk localization pathway. ..
- Elashry M, Matsakas A, Wenisch S, Arnhold S, Patel K. The effect of caloric restriction on the forelimb skeletal muscle fibers of the hypertrophic myostatin null mice. Acta Histochem. 2017;119:582-591 pubmed publisher..In summary our study shows that calorie restriction alters muscle fiber profile of forelimb muscles of Myostatin null mice. ..
- Lin S, Mequanint K. Bioreactor-induced mesenchymal progenitor cell differentiation and elastic fiber assembly in engineered vascular tissues. Acta Biomater. 2017;59:200-209 pubmed publisher..This study paves a way forward to engineer elastin-containing functional vascular substitutes from multipotent progenitor cells in a bioreactor. ..
- Cao M, Mao J, Duan X, Lu L, Zhang F, Lin B, et al. In vivo tracking of the tropism of mesenchymal stem cells to malignant gliomas using reporter gene-based MR imaging. Int J Cancer. 2017;: pubmed publisher..This real-time in vivo tracking system will facilitate the future development of stem cell-based therapies for malignant gliomas...
- Luo X, Yin P, Reierstad S, Ishikawa H, Lin Z, Pavone M, et al. Progesterone and mifepristone regulate L-type amino acid transporter 2 and 4F2 heavy chain expression in uterine leiomyoma cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009;94:4533-9 pubmed publisher..LAT2 forms heterodimeric complexes with 4F2 heavy chain (4F2hc), a single transmembrane domain protein essential for LAT2 to exert its function in the plasma membrane...
- Foglia M, Cao J, Tornini V, Poss K. Multicolor mapping of the cardiomyocyte proliferation dynamics that construct the atrium. Development. 2016;143:1688-96 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal proliferation dynamics and fate decisions of cardiomyocytes that produce the distinct architecture of the atrium. ..
- Gil V, Bhagat G, Howell L, Zhang J, Kim C, Stengel S, et al. Deregulated expression of HDAC9 in B cells promotes development of lymphoproliferative disease and lymphoma in mice. Dis Model Mech. 2016;9:1483-1495 pubmed..These findings strongly suggest a role for HDAC9 in B-NHL and establish a novel GEM model for the study of lymphomagenesis and, potentially, preclinical testing of therapeutic approaches based on histone deacetylase inhibitors. ..
- Wiedemann E, Peycheva M, Pavri R. DNA Replication Origins in Immunoglobulin Switch Regions Regulate Class Switch Recombination in an R-Loop-Dependent Manner. Cell Rep. 2016;17:2927-2942 pubmed publisher..Thus, R loops contribute to replication origin specification that promotes DSB resolution in CSR. This suggests a mechanism for the dependence of CSR on S phase and cell division. ..
- Koh E, Kim H, Lim J. The effects of electromyostimulation application timing on denervated skeletal muscle atrophy. Muscle Nerve. 2017;56:E154-E161 pubmed publisher..In this study we evaluated the effect of electromyostimulation (EMS) on myosin heavy chain (MHC) isoform expression in denervated rat muscles to determine the optimal timing for EMS application...
- Dhaliwal H, Thiruvanakarasu N, Kumar R, Patel K, Ambrin G, Cai S, et al. High Yield Preparation of Functionally Active Catalytic-Translocation Domain Module of Botulinum Neurotoxin Type A That Exhibits Uniquely Different Enzyme Kinetics. Protein J. 2017;36:489-501 pubmed publisher..The potential application of the purified protein has been discussed in toxicity and translocation assays. ..
- Lilic M, Popmihajlov Z, Monaco J, Vukmanovic S. Association of beta2-microglobulin with the alpha3 domain of H-2Db heavy chain. Immunogenetics. 2004;55:740-7 pubmed..Thus, there are allelic differences in the modes of binding of beta2m to the heavy chain of MHC class I...