Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CD90
Description: Thy-1 cell surface antigen
Alias: CD90, CDw90, Thy-1 T-cell antigen, thy-1 antigen
Publications344 found, 100 shown here
- Augmentation of the resistance against Listeria monocytogenes by oral administration of a hot water extract of Chlorella vulgaris in miceT Hasegawa
Laboratory of Germfree Life, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 16:191-202. 1994....
- Exogenous interleukin-3 enhances IL-4 production by splenic CD4+ cells during the early stages of a Trichinella spiralis infectionM Korenaga
Department of Parasitology, Kochi Medical School, Kochi, Japan
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 117:131-7. 1998..IL-4 production was suppressed in rIL-3-treated mice injected with anti-CD4 mAb. These results suggest that IL-3 might play a role as Th2 amplifier in immune response to parasite infection...
- Thy-1 expression in human fibroblast subsets defines myofibroblastic or lipofibroblastic phenotypesLaura Koumas
Department of Environmental Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Am J Pathol 163:1291-300. 2003....
- CD90/THY1 is overexpressed in prostate cancer-associated fibroblasts and could serve as a cancer biomarkerLawrence D True
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 6100, USA
Mod Pathol 23:1346-56. 2010..Quantitative proteomic analysis of N-glycosylated proteins detected an increased amount of CD90/THY1 in cancer supernatants compared with non-cancer supernatants...
- An 8-gene signature, including methylated and down-regulated glutathione peroxidase 3, of gastric cancerXianglan Zhang
Cancer Metastasis Research Center, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Int J Oncol 36:405-14. 2010..Mechanism-wise GPX3 down-regulation in gastric cancer is due to promoter hypermethylation. Collectively, these results show a correct identification of 8 genes as gastric cancer biomarkers...
- The human Thy-1 gene: structure and chromosomal locationT Seki
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 82:6657-61. 1985..The structural gene for human Thy-1 was localized to the long arm of chromosome 11 by nucleic acid hybridization to genomic DNA isolated from somatic cell hybrids...
- Thy-1 regulates fibroblast focal adhesions, cytoskeletal organization and migration through modulation of p190 RhoGAP and Rho GTPase activityThomas H Barker
Department of Medicine, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Exp Cell Res 295:488-96. 2004..We therefore conclude that Thy-1 surface expression regulates fibroblast focal adhesions, cytoskeletal organization and migration by modulating the activity of p190 RhoGAP and Rho GTPase...
- Interaction of human Thy-1 (CD 90) with the integrin alphavbeta3 (CD51/CD61): an important mechanism mediating melanoma cell adhesion to activated endotheliumAnja Saalbach
Saxon Academy of Science, D 04107 Leipzig, Germany
Oncogene 24:4710-20. 2005..These data explain at least in part the high tumorigenicity of alphavbeta3-expressing melanoma cells and the association of alphavbeta3-positive melanoma cells with a high risk of metastasis and poor prognosis...
- Overexpression of Thy1/CD90 in human hepatocellular carcinoma is associated with HBV infection and poor prognosisJeng Wei Lu
Department of Biotechnology, Asia University, Wufeng, Taichung, Taiwan
Acta Histochem 113:833-8. 2011Thy1/CD90 is an important marker of many types of stem cells. It functions as a tumor suppressor in ovarian cancer and in nasopharyngeal carcinoma...
- Gene expression down-regulation in CD90+ prostate tumor-associated stromal cells involves potential organ-specific genesLaura E Pascal
Department of Urology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
BMC Cancer 9:317. 2009..The tumor-associated stroma is marked by increased expression of CD90/THY1...
- Human Thy-1 (CD90) on activated endothelial cells is a counterreceptor for the leukocyte integrin Mac-1 (CD11b/CD18)Anne Wetzel
Department of Dermatology, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
J Immunol 172:3850-9. 2004..In our previous work, the human Ig superfamily glycoprotein Thy-1 (CD90) was identified as an activation-associated cell adhesion molecule on human dermal microvascular endothelial cells...
- Tumor-promoting phenotype of CD90hi prostate cancer-associated fibroblastsHongjuan Zhao
Department of Urology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5118, USA
Prostate 69:991-1000. 2009Cancer-associated stroma contributes to the malignant behavior of adenocarcinomas of the prostate and other organs. CD90 is a marker of mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) and its expression is higher in prostate cancer stroma compared to ..
- The Thy-1/Thy-1 ligand interaction is involved in binding of melanoma cells to activated Thy-1- positive microvascular endothelial cellsA Saalbach
Department of Dermatology, University of Leipzig, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Microvasc Res 64:86-93. 2002....
- Characterization of alphaX I-domain binding to Thy-1Jeongsuk Choi
Divisions of Science Education and Biology, Kangwon National University, Choonchun, Kangwon, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 331:557-61. 2005..Given the reported role of Thy-1 in the regulation of T cell homeostasis and proliferation, it is tempting to speculate that alphaX-beta2 may be involved in Thy-1 function...
- Functional characterization of THY1 as a tumor suppressor gene with antiinvasive activity in nasopharyngeal carcinomaHong Lok Lung
Department of Clinical Oncology, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Int J Cancer 127:304-12. 2010..These findings suggest that THY1 is a TSG in NPC, which is involved in invasion and shows an association with tumor metastasis. Taken together, THY1 clearly plays an important functional role in tumor suppression in NPC...
- Human Thy-1 induces secretion of matrix metalloproteinase-9 and CXCL8 from human neutrophilsAnja Saalbach
Department of Dermatology, Venerology and Allergology, Medical Faculty of the Leipzig University, Leipzig, Germany
Eur J Immunol 38:1391-403. 2008..Our results support the general concept that the function of 'adhesion molecules' in particular of human Thy-1, may not only be to provide mechanical support but also regulate neutrophil functions...
- The role of the THY1 gene in human ovarian cancer suppression based on transfection studiesHarindra R Abeysinghe
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 608 Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 149:1-10. 2004..Taken together, the data suggest that THY1 is necessary but not sufficient to suppress ovarian tumorigenicity. Therefore, THY1 can be designated as a putative tumor suppressor gene for human ovarian cancer...
- CD34(+) cell subsets and long-term culture colony-forming cells evaluated on both autologous and normal bone marrow stroma predict long-term hematopoietic engraftment in patients undergoing autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantationF Lanza
Section of Hematology and BMT Unit, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Advanced Therapies, University Hospital, Ferrara, Italy
Exp Hematol 29:1484-93. 2001....
- Enhancement of immunoglobulin A production in Peyer's patches by oral administration of a traditional Chinese medicine, xiao-chai-hu-tang (Shosaiko-to)Y Tauchi
Traditional Chinese Medicine Research Laboratories, Kanebo, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 15:251-72. 1993..2-TcR alpha beta+T cells in the mesenteric lymph nodes were slight increased. These results showed that orally administered Shosaiko-to acts as a polyclonal B-cell activator which induces IgA production in the mucosal immune system...
- A system for inducible gene expression in retinal ganglion cellsJohn B Kerrison
Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:2932-9. 2005..To develop a system for inducible gene expression in retinal ganglion cells, Thy1 and ckit promoters were used to direct expression of a second-generation reverse tetracycline transactivator (rtTA2S-M2)...
- T-cell-activating monoclonal antibodies, reacting with both leukocytes and erythrocytes, recognize the guinea pig Thy-1 differentiation antigen: characterization and cloning of guinea pig CD90H Schafer
Department of Immunology, Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany
Cell Immunol 197:116-28. 1999..by immunoadsorption and microsequencing revealed that this T-cell-activating protein is the homologue of Thy-1 or CD90. In contrast to the Thy-1 antigen of most other species, guinea pig Thy-1 has a much higher molecular weight, which ..
- A decreased positivity for CD90 on human mesenchymal stromal cells (MSCs) is associated with a loss of immunosuppressive activity by MSCsDiana Campioni
Hematology Section, University, St Anna Hospital, Corso Giovecca n 203, Ferrara, Italy
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 76:225-30. 2009..The CD90+ hMSC reduced lymphoproliferative response in phytohemagglutinin (PHA) activated peripheral blood mononuclear cells ..
- Effects of retinoids on the TGF-beta system and extracellular matrix in experimental glomerulonephritisC Morath
Department of Nephrology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:2300-9. 2001..It was concluded that the beneficial effects of retinoids on glomerular damage are presumably due to a marked reduction in renal TGF-beta 1 and TGF receptor II expression...
- Expression of CX3CL1/fractalkine by mesangial cells in vitro and in acute anti-Thy1 glomerulonephritis in ratsYung Ming Chen
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, No 7 Chung Shan South Road, Taipei 10016, Taiwan
Nephrol Dial Transplant 18:2505-14. 2003..This study investigated the potential of MCs to synthesize CX3CL1/fractalkine, a CX3C chemokine, both in vitro and in acute anti-Thy1 glomerulonephritis in rats...
- Experimental African trypanosomiasis: a subset of pathogenic, IFN-gamma-producing, MHC class II-restricted CD4+ T cells mediates early mortality in highly susceptible miceMeiqing Shi
Department of Veterinary Microbiology, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
J Immunol 176:1724-32. 2006..We speculate that IL-10-producing CD4+ T cells might counteract this effect...
- Bone marrow cells immunomagnetically selected for CD271+ antigen promote in vitro the repair of articular cartilage defectsTamara Hermida-Gómez
Biomedical Research Center, INIBIC Hospital Universitario A Coruña, University of A Coruna, A Coruna, Spain
Tissue Eng Part A 17:1169-79. 2011....
- NO mediates antifibrotic actions of L-arginine supplementation following induction of anti-thy1 glomerulonephritisHarm Peters
Division of Nephrology and Institute of Pathology, Charite, Campus Mitte, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Kidney Int 64:509-18. 2003..NO mediates antifibrotic actions of L-arginine supplementation following induction of anti-thy1 glomerulonephritis...
- Antibody-induced albuminuria and accelerated focal glomerulosclerosis in the Thy-1.1 transgenic mouseKarel J M Assmann
Department of Pathology, Division of Nephrology, University Medical Center Nijmegen, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Kidney Int 62:116-26. 2002..1 transgenic mouse. This mouse expresses a hybrid human-mouse Thy-1.1 antigen on the podocytes, and slowly but spontaneously develops albuminuria and focal glomerulosclerosis...
- Progressive damage along the optic nerve following induction of crush injury or rodent anterior ischemic optic neuropathy in transgenic miceO Dratviman-Storobinsky
The Krieger Eye Research Laboratory, Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Tel Aviv University, Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Mol Vis 14:2171-9. 2008..To characterize the histological changes that occur in response to induction of ischemic or mechanical optic nerve damage in transgenic mice...
- Changes in the populations of null, NK1.1+, and Thy1lo lymphocytes in the bone marrow of tumor-bearing mice: effect of indomethacin treatmentM D Rahal
Department of Anatomy, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cell Immunol 139:218-28. 1992..The results suggest that the production of null lymphocytes in mouse bone marrow is responsive to tumor development, possibly providing cells to be involved in tumor-host interactions...
- Neonatal estrogen treatment and its consequences for thymus development, serum level of autoantibodies to cardiolipin, and the delayed-type hypersensitivity responseJ G Forsberg
Tornblad Institute, University of Lund, Sweden
J Toxicol Environ Health A 60:185-213. 2000..2 marker or percentages of CD4+/CD8+ DP or SP subsets in thymus and spleen, qualitative and quantitative differences occur in immune parameters (autoantibodies to cardiolipin) and a T-cell-dependent immune response (DTH)...
- Induction of tumoricidal macrophages from bone marrow cells of normal mice or mice bearing a colony-stimulating-factor-producing tumorS Hosoe
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
Cancer Immunol Immunother 28:116-22. 1989..These results strongly suggest that M-CSF plays an important role not only in the maturation of macrophage progenitors but also in the induction and the accumulation of activated macrophages...
- Cellular volume and marker expression in human peripheral blood apheresis stem cellsSiddharth Sharma
Department of Pathology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Sylvester Cancer Center, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Cytometry A 73:160-7. 2008..solution), or processed by Ficoll Hypaque sedimentation method were stained with CD45-FITC and PE-labeled CD34, CD90, CD117, and CD133 antibodies and analyzed for electronic volume and two color fluorescence...
- [Expression of THY1 gene in epithelial ovarian cancer]Li qin Zeng
Department of Gynecology, Guangdong Women s and Children s Hospital and Health Institute, Guangzhou 510010, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 31:118-20. 2009..To detect the expession of THY1 in ovarian serous cystadenocarcinoma tissues...
- Thymus cell antigen 1 (Thy1, CD90) is expressed by lymphatic vessels and mediates cell adhesion to lymphatic endotheliumGiorgia Jurisic
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Exp Cell Res 316:2982-92. 2010..mouse intestinal lymphatic endothelial cells versus blood vascular endothelial cells, thymus cell antigen 1 (Thy1, CD90) was expressed at much higher levels in lymphatic endothelial cells than in blood vascular endothelial cells...
- Persistent infection of mice by lactate dehydrogenase-elevating virus: effects of immunosuppression on virus replication and antiviral immune responsesC O Onyekaba
Department of Microbiology, Medical School University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455
Virus Res 14:297-315. 1989..The steady-state viremia attained about 5 weeks after infection reflects a balance between LDV replication in permissive macrophages as they arise and LDV inactivation and clearance...
- Archaeal Pyrococcus furiosus thymidylate synthase 1 is an RNA-binding proteinAkio Kanai
Institute for Advanced Biosciences, Keio University, Tsuruoka, 997 0017, Japan
Biochem J 393:373-9. 2006....
- Retinoic acid reduces glomerular injury in a rat model of glomerular damageJ Wagner
Department of Nephrology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 11:1479-87. 2000..001). It is concluded that all-trans-RA limits glomerular proliferation, glomerular lesions, and albuminuria in an established model of renal damage. The findings point to retinoids as potential novel modulators of glomerular injury...
- Expression of CD90 on keratinocyte stem/progenitor cellsY Nakamura
Division of Hematopoiesis, Research Center for Regenerative Medicine, Tokai University School of Medicine, Isehara, Kanagawa 259 1193, Japan
Br J Dermatol 154:1062-70. 2006..Here, we report the detection of CD90(+) cells in cultured normal human epidermal keratinocytes and adult skin.
- The characterization of the monoclonal antibody Th-10a, specific for a nuclear protein appearing in the S phase of the cell cycle in normal thymocytes and its unregulated expression in lymphoma cell linesM Muto
Division of Biology and Oncology, National Institute of Radiological Science, Chiba, Japan
Cell Prolif 28:645-57. 1995..The nuclear protein(s) detected by Th-10a monoclonal antibody was mostly 95 kDa and also 83 kDa polypeptide. The results also indicated that the 95 kDa nuclear protein was phosphorylated in vivo...
- Signal transduction involved in protective effects of 15(R/S)-methyl- lipoxin A(4) on mesangioproliferative nephritis in ratsSheng Hua Wu
Department of Pediatrics, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, PR China
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 76:173-80. 2007..1 antibodies. Protective effects of 15(R/S)-methyl-LXA(4) on nephritis induced by anti-Thy1.1 antibodies were related to PI3-K/Akt(1)/p27(kip1)/cyclin pathway, STAT(3) and NF-kappaB pathway-dependent signal transduction...
- Longitudinal profile of retinal ganglion cell damage assessed with blue-light confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscopy after ischaemic reperfusion injuryC K S Leung
Hamilton Glaucoma Center, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0946, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 93:964-8. 2009....
- Intra-bone marrow cotransplantation of donor mesenchymal stem cells in pig-to-NOD/SCID mouse bone marrow transplantation facilitates short-term xenogeneic hematopoietic engraftmentH Eguchi
Center for International Relations, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Transplant Proc 40:574-7. 2008..Porcine MSC prepared by aspiration of iliac BM of miniature swine were identified as CD90+CD29+CD45-CD31- and shown to differentiate into osteoblastocytes and adipocytes...
- Thrombospondin peptides are potent inhibitors of mesangial and glomerular endothelial cell proliferation in vitro and in vivoC P Hugo
Division of Nephrology, Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Kidney Int 55:2236-49. 1999....
- [T lymphocytes are necessary for the peripheral phase of B lymphocyte maturation]Novica M Milicevic
Institute of Histology and Embryology Aleksandar D Kostic, School of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Belgrade
Srp Arh Celok Lek 136:166-70. 2008..We showed that the proportion of immature B lymphocyte subsets (CD90(high)IgM(high) and CD90(high)IgM(low)) was significantly increased, whereas that of mature B lymphocyte subsets (..
- Graft-vs-leukemia activity and graft-vs-host disease induced by allogeneic Th1- and Th2-type CD4+ T cells in miceM Zeis
2nd Department of Internal Medicine, University of Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Hematol J 2:136-44. 2001..Therefore, separation of GVL- and GVH-reactions is a long-standing goal of experimental studies dealing with allogeneic transplantation of hematopoietic stem cells...
- [Influence of co-culturing vascular endothelial cells and adipose-derived stromal cells on osteogenic differentiation in vitro]Fuke Wang
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, the 1st Affiliated Hospital of Kunming Medical College, Kunming Yunnan, 650032, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 24:399-405. 2010....
- Polysaccharide (ANK-102) from Polianthes tuberosa cells deteriorates the resistance of mice to Listeria monocytogenes infectionT Majima
Department of Ontogeny and Development, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 17:59-68. 1995..2 expression on the surface of the thymocytes. A new type of immunosuppressive polysaccharide ANK-102 was introduced...
- Endogenous and adoptively transferred A-NK and T-LAK cells continuously accumulate within murine metastases up to 48 h after inoculationM Hokland
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Aarhus, Denmark
In Vivo 13:199-204. 1999..These data underline the longevity of LAK cells in vivo and highlight the importance of IL-2 treatment in recruiting endogenous immune cells to tumor areas...
- Induction of regional collateral sprouting following muscle denervationJason W Koob
Departments of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Washington University, Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
Laryngoscope 117:1735-40. 2007..We hypothesize that epineurial injury is required to induce collateral sprouting toward a neighboring denervated muscle...
- Deletion of self-reactive T cells in nude mice grafted with neonatal allogeneic thymusH Yuuki
Department of Immunology, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Immunol 144:474-9. 1990....
- The roles of THY1 and integrin beta3 in cell adhesion during theca cell layer formation and the effect of follicle-stimulating hormone on THY1 and integrin beta3 localization in mouse ovarian folliclesSaori Itami
School of Natural Science and Ecological Awareness, Graduate School of Humanities and Sciences, Faculty of Science, Nara Women s University, Nara, Japan
Biol Reprod 84:986-95. 2011..In conclusion, THY1 might play a role in cell adhesion via binding to integrin beta3 in mouse ovaries. The present results suggest that THY1 localization may be affected by follicle-stimulating hormone in mouse ovaries...
- 308 isolation, differentiation, and immunophenotypic characterization of mesenchymal stem cells derived from equine adipose tissue and bone marrowE Iacono
University of Bologna, Italy
Reprod Fertil Dev 23:250-1. 2011..MSC) are a) adhesion to the plastic when maintained under culture conditions; b) expression of CD105, CD73, and CD90, and no expression for CD45, CD34, and CD14; and c) differentiation into osteoblasts, adipocytes, and chondroblasts ..
- Dynamic expression patterns of transforming growth factor-beta(2) and transforming growth factor-beta receptors in experimental glomerulonephritisAndrea Hartner
Medizinische Klinik IV, Universität Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 81:32-42. 2003..1 nephritis. These results are in keeping with the notion that TGF-beta(2) and its receptors participate in the pathogenesis and/or resolution of this transient form of glomerulonephritis...
- [Growth inhibitory effects of THY1 gene on epithelial ovarian cancer SKOV3 cells]Li qin Zeng
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, West China Second Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 27:84-7, 91. 2007..To construct THY1 eukaryotic expression plasmid and study its effects on the growth of epithelial ovarian cancer cell line SKOV3...
- The peptides ADNF-9 and NAP increase survival and neurite outgrowth of rat retinal ganglion cells in vitroWolf A Lagrèze
Eye Hospital, Albert Ludwig Universität, Freiburg, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:933-8. 2005..We evaluated these findings in cultures of purified rat retinal ganglion cells (RGCs) using two such peptides: ADNF-9 and NAP. In a second step, the influence of these peptides on neurite outgrowth in retinal explants was investigated...
- Aldose reductase deficiency improves Wallerian degeneration and nerve regeneration in diabetic thy1-YFP miceYuk Shan Chen
Department of Anatomy, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 69:294-305. 2010..The thy1-YFP mice are valuable tools for further investigation of the mechanism of diabetes-associated nerve regeneration...
- Osteoinduction in umbilical cord- and palate periosteum-derived mesenchymal stem cellsMontserrat Caballero
Division of Plastic Surgery, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Ann Plast Surg 64:605-9. 2010..The presence of MSCs was determined using immunostaining and flow cytometry for cell surface markers CD73, CD90, CD105, and SSEA-4. Osteogenesis was induced using osteogenic medium...
- Glomerular activin A overexpression is linked to fibrosis in anti-Thy1 glomerulonephritisJens Gaedeke
Department of Nephrology, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Berlin, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:319-28. 2005..This study was designed to identify regulators of activin A production in glomerular mesangial cells and test if activin A acts as a pro-fibrotic cytokine in mesangial cells...
- Transplantation with selected autologous peripheral blood CD34+Thy1+ hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) in multiple myeloma: impact of HSC dose on engraftment, safety, and immune reconstitutionM Michallet
Service d Hématologie de l Hôpital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
Exp Hematol 28:858-70. 2000....
- Activation of STAT3/Smad1 is a key signaling pathway for progression to glomerulosclerosis in experimental glomerulonephritisToshikazu Takahashi
Department of Clinical Biology and Medicine, Course of Biological Medicine, School of Medicine, The University of Tokushima, Tokushima, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:7100-6. 2005..These data suggest that the activation of STAT3 and Smad1 participates in the developing process of glomerulosclerosis in experimental glomerulonephritis...
- Experimental induction of retinal ganglion cell death in adult miceY Li
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53792, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 40:1004-8. 1999..To overcome this limitation, the rate and mechanism of retinal ganglion cell death in mice was characterized using optic nerve crush and intravitreal injections of the glutamate analog N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA)...
- Transcriptional profiles discriminate bone marrow-derived and synovium-derived mesenchymal stem cellsFarida Djouad
INSERM Unit 475, Montpellier, France
Arthritis Res Ther 7:R1304-15. 2005..populations were negative for CD14, CD34 and CD45 expression and that both displayed equal levels of CD44, CD73, CD90 and CD105, a phenotype currently known to be characteristic of BM-MSC...
- Uterine leiomyomas exhibit fewer stem/progenitor cell characteristics when compared with corresponding normal myometriumHenry L Chang
Pediatric Surgical Research Laboratories, Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Reprod Sci 17:158-67. 2010..Whereas in normal myometrium, we observed heterogeneous expression of CD90, a cell surface marker associated the with differentiation potential of uterine fibroblasts, in leiomyomas, we ..
- Dendrite remodeling and other abnormalities in the retinal ganglion cells of Ins2 Akita diabetic miceMatthew J Gastinger
Department of Ophthalmology, Penn State Retina Research Group, Penn State College of Medicine, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:2635-42. 2008..To determine the extent of retinal ganglion cell loss and morphologic abnormalities in surviving ganglion cells in Ins2 Akita/+ diabetic mice...
- Gene expression and differentiation characteristics in mice E13.5 and E17.5 neural retinal progenitorsXuerong Sun
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Mol Vis 15:2503-14. 2009..To improve the selection of the right-timing RPCs for replacement therapy, we compared the gene expression between embryonic day (E) 13.5 and E17.5 RPCs and further explored their gene expression and differentiation capacity in vitro...
- Two populations of Thy1-positive mesenchymal cells regulate in vitro maturation of hepatic progenitor cellsNaoko Kamo
Dept of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto Univ, Shogoin, Kyoto, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G526-34. 2007..In conclusion, these results suggest that in vitro maturation of HPCs promoted by gp38-positive cells may be opposed by an inhibitory effect of gp38-negative cells, which likely maintain the immature, proliferative state of HPCs...
- Prolonged antigen presentation, APC-, and CD8+ T cell turnover during mycobacterial infection: comparison with Listeria monocytogenesHenk van Faassen
Laboratory of Cellular Immunology, Institute for Biological Sciences, National Research Council of Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 172:3491-500. 2004..Relative to LM-OVA, the dendritic cells in BCG-OVA-infected mice were apoptotic for prolonged periods, suggesting that the rapid death of APCs may limit the magnitude of Ag presentation during chronic stages of mycobacterial infection...
- Polychromatic flow cytometry analysis of CD34+ hematopoietic stem cells in cryopreserved early preterm human cord blood samplesF D'Alessio
CEINGE Biotecnologie Avanzate, Naples, Italy
Cytometry A 79:14-24. 2011..Within the CD34(Pos)CD45(Dim) population, we examined the expression of CD29, CD31, CD38, CD90, CD117, CD133, CD135, CD200, CD243, and CD338...
- Comparative characterization of cultured human term amnion epithelial and mesenchymal stromal cells for application in cell therapyGrozdana Bilic
Department of Obstetrics, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Cell Transplant 17:955-68. 2008..Flow cytometric characterization of primary cultures showed expression of mesenchymal progenitor markers CD73, CD90, CD105, and CD166, as well as the embryonic stem cell markers SSEA-3 and -4 on both amnion cell types...
- Wilms tumor cells with WT1 mutations have characteristic features of mesenchymal stem cells and express molecular markers of paraxial mesodermBrigitte Royer-Pokora
Institute of Human Genetics and Anthropology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf D 40225, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 19:1651-68. 2010..mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) and FACS analysis demonstrated the expression of MSC-specific surface proteins CD105, CD90 and CD73...
- Effect of dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) on cryopreservation of porcine mesenchymal stem cells (pMSCs)Sun A Ock
College of Veterinary Medicine, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju, Republic of Korea
Cell Transplant 20:1231-9. 2011..colony forming unit-fibroblast (CFU-F) assay, expression of Bak and Bcl2 genes, Bcl2 protein antigen, and CD90 in pMSCs cryopreserved with 5%, 10%, and 20% DMSO...
- Isolation, characterization, and differentiation of thy1.1-sorted pancreatic adult progenitor cell populationsKaren S Stevenson
Division of Cancer Sciences and Molecular Pathology, Department of Surgery, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G31 2ER, Scotland, United Kingdom
Stem Cells Dev 18:1389-98. 2009..1-negative cells, nor was it induced in vitro after differentiation. The detection of Pdx-1 transcriptional expression in both populations indicates their potential as a novel source of non-beta-cell-derived insulin...
- Thy1-positive bone marrow stem cells express liver-specific genes in vitro and can mature into hepatocytes in vivoSi Hyun Bae
Department of Internal Medicine, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea, 505 Banpo Dong, Seocho Gu, Seoul, 137 701, South Korea
Hepatol Int 2:63-71. 2008..Thy1-positive bone marrow stem cells may represent preexisting hepatocyte-specific stem cells...
- [Construction of THY1 eukaryotic expression plasmid and its effects on growth of ovarian cancer SKOV3 cells]Liqin Zeng
Department of Gynecology, GuangDong Women and Children Hospital and Health Institute, Guangzhou 510010, China
Sheng Wu Yi Xue Gong Cheng Xue Za Zhi 26:620-4. 2009..05), but there was no significant difference between SKOV3-Null and SKOV3 (P>0.05). We have constructed the recombinant plasmid pcDNA3.1(+)-THY1 sucessfully. THY1 transfection can inhibit the growth of SKOV3 cells in vitro...
- Isolation of mesenchymal stem cells with neurogenic potential from the mesoderm of the amniotic membraneYu Jen Chang
Bioresource Collection and Research Center, Food Industry Research and Development Institute, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan, ROC
Cells Tissues Organs 192:93-105. 2010..to identify and localize MSCs in the mesoderm of the amniotic membrane in situ with MSC antibodies, including CD90 and CD105. We further directly cultured and characterized MSCs from the amniotic membrane mesoderm (AMSCs)...
- The p75 neurotrophin receptor promotes amyloid-beta(1-42)-induced neuritic dystrophy in vitro and in vivoJULIET K KNOWLES
Department of Neurology and Neurological Science, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Neurosci 29:10627-37. 2009....
- [Mechanism of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor for promoting cell viability of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells.]Long Chen
Department of Hematology, Yunyang Medical College, Shiyan, China
Sheng Li Xue Bao 61:169-74. 2009..bone marrow adhering method, and the MSCs were analyzed for the cell surface differentiation markers CD34, CD133, CD90 and CD105 by flow cytometry (FCM)...
- Role of mitogen-activated protein kinases in Thy-1-induced T-lymphocyte activationDavid M Conrad
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H1X5, Canada
Cell Signal 21:1298-307. 2009Thy-1 (CD90) crosslinking by monoclonal antibodies (mAb) in the context of costimulation causes the activation of mouse T-lymphocytes; however, the associated signal transduction processes have not been studied in detail...
- In vitro study of biological characteristics of mesenchymal stem cells in patients with low-risk myelodysplastic syndromeYi zhuo Zhang
Department of Haemotology, PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 16:813-8. 2008..Cells were positive for SH2 (CD105), SH3 (CD73), Thy-1 (CD90), while negative for CD34 and CD45. After induction, these cells could differentiate into osteoblasts...
- Cryopreservation does not affect the stem characteristics of multipotent cells isolated from equine peripheral bloodTiziana Martinello
Department of Experimental Veterinary Sciences, University of Padova, Legnaro, Italy
Tissue Eng Part C Methods 16:771-81. 2010..We characterized ePB-MSC as cells expressing CD44, CD90, CD117, and CD13, but not CD34 and CD45...
- Rostrocaudal analysis of corpus callosum demyelination and axon damage across disease stages refines diffusion tensor imaging correlations with pathological featuresMingqiang Xie
Department of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 69:704-16. 2010....
- The mTOR inhibitor everolimus attenuates the time course of chronic anti-Thy1 nephritis in the ratSandra Wittmann
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Nephron Exp Nephrol 108:e45-56. 2008..We hypothesized that everolimus treatment started after the acute proliferative phase could even be beneficial in the chronic anti-Thy1 nephritis model in the rat...
- Human term placenta-derived mesenchymal stromal cells are less prone to osteogenic differentiation than bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cellsGregor A Pilz
ZRM Center for Regenerative Medicine, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Stem Cells Dev 20:635-46. 2011..the typical cell surface antigens at levels comparable to bone marrow-derived MSC (bmMSC), including CD73, CD90, and CD105, but did not express CD11b, CD34, and CD45...
- Alzheimer's disease-like tau neuropathology leads to memory deficits and loss of functional synapses in a novel mutated tau transgenic mouse without any motor deficitsKatharina Schindowski
INSERM U815, Place de Verdun, 59045 Lille Cedex, France
Am J Pathol 169:599-616. 2006..This model will serve as an experimental tool in future studies to investigate mechanisms underlying cognitive deficits during pathogenic tau aggregation...
- Isolation and characterization of multipotent postnatal stem/progenitor cells from human alveolar bone properKarim M Fawzy El-Sayed
Clinic for Conservative Dentistry and Periodontology, School of Dental Medicine, Christian Albrechts University, Kiel, Germany
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 40:735-42. 2012..sorted using STRO-1 antibodies and characterized flow cytometrically for the expression of CD14, CD34, CD45, CD73, CD90, CD105, CD146/MUC18 and STRO-1 surface markers...
- Hematopoietic reconstitution of irradiated, stem cell-injected mice: early dynamics of restoration of the cell lineages of the spleen and bone marrowSandra C Miller
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 2B2
J Hematother Stem Cell Res 11:965-70. 2002..Thus, early (<1 month) dynamics of hematopoietic reconstitution after transplantation of purified hematopoietic stem cells, is cell lineage specific...
- CD25+ immunoregulatory T-cells of donor origin suppress alloreactivity after BMTBryon D Johnson
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 8:525-35. 2002..Together, the results of these experiments suggest that CD4+ CD25+ regulatory T-cells suppress GVH reactivity after BMT and that CD28 expression is indispensable for the generation of these cells...
- Human mesenchymal stem cells: from immunophenotyping by flow cytometry to clinical applicationsArthur A Nery
Departamento de Bioquimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cytometry A 83:48-61. 2013..A minimal phenotypic pattern for the identification of MSCs cells requires them to be immunopositive for CD73, CD90, and CD105 expression, while being negative for CD34, CD45, and HLA-DR and other surface markers...
- miR-375 induces human decidua basalis-derived stromal cells to become insulin-producing cellsAnahita Shaer
Department of Biology, Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University, Fars, Iran
Cell Mol Biol Lett 19:483-99. 2014..The immunophenotype of the isolated cells was checked for CD90, CD105, CD44, CD133 and CD34 markers. The MSCs (P3) were chemically transfected with hsa-miR-375...
- Human acute stem cell leukemia with multilineage differentiation potential via cascade activation of growth factor receptorsUgo Testa
Department of Hematology Oncology, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Blood 99:4634-7. 2002..The blasts were CD34(+), AC133(+), CD71(-), HLA-DR(-), CD38(-/dim+), CD90(+), CD117(dim+), flt3(+); did not express B, T, or myeloid-associated antigens; and showed a germline configuration ..
- BORIS, brother of the regulator of imprinted sites, is aberrantly expressed in hepatocellular carcinomaKefei Chen
Division of Liver Transplantation, Department of Surgery, West China Hospital, Chengdu, China
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 17:160-5. 2013..The brother of the regulator of imprinted sites (BORIS) is a novel member of the cancer testis antigen gene family, which are normally expressed only in spermatocytes, but abnormally activated in different malignancies...
- Isolation and characterization of multipotent mesenchymal stem cells in nasal polypsJung Sun Cho
Biomedical Science, College of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul 152 703, Korea College of Medicine, Institute for Medical Devices Clinical Trial Center, Guro Hospital, Korea University, Seoul 152 703, Korea
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 240:185-93. 2015..and culturing NP-derived MSCs (npMSCs), the expression levels of the surface markers CD34, CD44, CD45, CD73, CD90, CD105, CD106, CD146 and human leukocyte antigens-class II DR antigen (HLA-DR) were estimated by flow cytometry...
- Cortical control of affective networksSunil Kumar
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Neurosci 33:1116-29. 2013..They also suggest that optogenetic stimulation of cortical projection systems may serve as a viable therapeutic strategy for treating affective disorders...
- Bone marrow is a reservoir of repopulating mesangial cells during glomerular remodelingT Ito
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, Osaka University School of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:2625-35. 2001..The results indicate that the bone marrow can give rise to mesangial cells in vivo...
- Bringing CLARITY to gray matter atrophyRory D Spence
Ahmanson Lovelace Brain Mapping Center, Department of Neurology, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Neuroimage 101:625-32. 2014..This is the first report of the use of CLARITY in an animal model of disease and the first report of the use of both CLARITY and MRI. ..
- Maintenance of high proliferation and multipotent potential of human hair follicle-derived mesenchymal stem cells by growth factorsXueyan Zhang
The Key Laboratory of Pathobiology, Ministry of Education, Jilin University, Changchun, Jilin 130021, PR China
Int J Mol Med 31:913-21. 2013..They exhibited surface markers of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells as shown by positive staining for CD44, CD73, CD90 and CD105, and they also displayed trilineage differentiation potentials into adipocytes, chondrocytes and ..
- Effect of isolation methodology on stem cell properties and multilineage differentiation potential of human dental pulp stem cellsP Hilkens
Department of Functional Morphology, Laboratory of Histology, Biomedical Research Institute BIOMED, Hasselt University, Diepenbeek, Belgium
Cell Tissue Res 353:65-78. 2013..Phenotype analysis indicated that DPSC-EZ and DPSC-OG were positive for CD29, CD44, CD90, CD105, CD117 and CD146 expression without any significant differences...
- Utility of cryopreserved umbilical cord tissue for regenerative medicineMahmood S Choudhery
Department of Immunobiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Curr Stem Cell Res Ther 8:370-80. 2013..MSCs were analyzed by FACS for CD45, CD73, CD90 and CD105 expression...
- Identification of tumor-initiating cells in a canine hepatocellular carcinoma cell lineMasaki Michishita
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Nippon Veterinary and Life Science University, 1 7 1 Kyounan cho, Musashino, Tokyo 180 8602, Japan Electronic address
Res Vet Sci 96:315-22. 2014..HCC930599 showed high CD44 and CD29, moderate CD90, and low CD133, CD34, CD24, CD117, and CD13 expression...
- PROTHYMOCYTES AND DIABETES MELLITUS IN BB/W RATSDale Greiner; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Somatic Stem Cells in Engineered Human SkinSteven Boyce; Fiscal Year: 2009..hypotheses, three specific aims are proposed: 1) Selection of epidermal SSCs by high expression of 06 integrin, CD90, low expression of receptors for EGF and transferrin (CD71), and preservation of the SSC phenotype by low amounts ..
- Isolation of novel mesenchymal stem cell subpopulationsBuddhadeb Dawn; Fiscal Year: 2009..MSCs and MSC subpopulations isolated by flow cytometry based on the expression of CD45, c-kit, Flk-1, Sca-1, CD90, and CD105...
- Multipotent lung mesenchymal cells in neonatal lung injuryMarc B Hershenson; Fiscal Year: 2010..The cells are positive for Stro-1, CD73, CD90, CD105 and CD166, but negative for CD34, CD45 and CD11b, suggesting that they are of stromal but not hematopoietic ..
- Infarct Repair with Mesenchymal Stem Cell SubpopulationBuddhadeb Dawn; Fiscal Year: 2013..data, our fundamental hypothesis states that transplantation of antigenically-defined CD45-/c-kit-/Sca- 1+/CD90+/CD105- (abbreviated as CD105-) MSC subpopulation will confer greater reparative and regenerative benefits after ..
- Regulation and function of innate lymphoid cells in the gutDavid Artis; Fiscal Year: 2013..IL-23-dependent IL-22 in Citrobacter-infected mice was a population of ROR3t-positive ILCs that expressed c-kit and CD90, and in vivo depletion of ILCs in Citrobacter-infected Rag-/- mice was associated with a defect in protective ..
- Non-viral gene therapy for sickle cell anemiaCLIFFORD JOHN STEER; Fiscal Year: 2012..The ultimate goal of this research project is to develop and evaluate in patients an innovative gene therapy approach that has the potential to treat and correct SCA. ..
- The Early Detection Research Network: Biomarker Developmental LaboratoriesAlvin Y Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..One example is the ~29 kDa CD90/THY1 protein found released into tumor tissue preparations...
- Role of microRNAs in the regulation of CML stem cell survival and self renewalDanilo Perrotti; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, to accomplish these goals we will rely on the use of highly HSC-enriched CD34+/CD38-(CD90+) BM cells form CML patients, the unique SCL-tTA-BCR/ABL mouse model and synthetic miRs or antagomiR to treat NSG ..
- Autologous Lung Multipotent Stromal Cell Therapy for EmphysemaEdward P Ingenito; Fiscal Year: 2013..multipotent stromal cell (LMSC) from lung tissue that expresses the same surface markers (CD44, CD73, CD90, CD105) as multipotent bone marrow stromal cells and displays regenerative capacity following transplantation in ..
- Control Spermatogonial Stem Cell Fate Decisions by bHLH Transcription RegulatorsJon M Oatley; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Environmental obesogens reduce Thy1 expression and promote obesityRichard P Phipps; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our work focuses on the surface glycoprotein, Thy1 (CD90)...
- Th17 cell regulation of intestinal IgA productionYingzi Cong; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Astrocytic Ca2+ Signaling in the Ischemic PenumbraMaiken Nedergaard; Fiscal Year: 2011..2006). Few approaches exist that selectively target astrocytes. Use of BAPTA and caged Ca2+ can add important PHS 398/2590 (Rev. 09/04) Page 72~ Continuation Format Page ..
- ALTERED SENSIBILITY FOLLOWING PERIPHERAL NERVE DAMAGEClifford J Woolf; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor Ligands and Thyroid Eye DiseaseRichard P Phipps; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Investigating Cell Specific Roles of the Complement Cascade in GlaucomaGareth R Howell; Fiscal Year: 2013..Determining the significance of complement biosynthesis by each cell type is important for designing therapeutic interventions that manipulate the complement system. ..
- Role of interlukin 23 and innate lymphoid cells in protective immunityMohamed Oukka; Fiscal Year: 2013..Understanding how these pathogenic bacteria induce inflammation and host response is critical to understanding how protective immune response can promote the clearance of enteric pathogens. ..
- Role of T cells and PPARgamma in Graves' orbital fibroblast adipogenesisRichard P Phipps; Fiscal Year: 2010..This new information will permit the development of new approaches to control inflammation and the pathologic differentiation of orbital fibroblasts important for TAO and other diseases that involve fat deposition. ..
- Rhythmic Stimulation as a Therapeutic Option for Injured Retinal Ganglion CellsGustavo C Munguba; Fiscal Year: 2013..The goal of this proposal is to explore a clinically applicable treatment modality to aid adult RGC neuron survival and axon regeneration after injury. ..
- Modulating Neuroinflammation via PGE2 signaling in models of ParkinsonismSURAJ SUNIL PRADHAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Identifying modifiers of PD pathogenesis would greatly aid in developing treatments for this complex neurodegenerative disorder. ..
- The Gut Microbiome in Neurodegenerative DiseaseSarkis K Mazmanian; Fiscal Year: 2013..If successful, the key contribution of this project will be the transformative conceptual leap that PD may have a gut microbial origin, resulting in informed advances toward probiotic therapies for neurodegeneration. ..
- Mouse model to study the effects of altered mitochondrial distribution in neuronsJordi Magrane; Fiscal Year: 2013..Successful completion of this project will provide a new valuable tool for the scientific community to study the effects f altered mitochondria transport and distribution in vivo. ..
- In Vivo Imaging of Neuronal Plasticity in Mouse Visual CortexElly Nedivi; Fiscal Year: 2012..Cluster analysis should provide insight as to whether there are interneuron cell types that are more structurally plastic than others, and whether subsets of interneurons exhibit structural plasticity correlated with OD plasticity. ..
- OPTICAL STUDIES OF NEURON ACTIVITY AND ORGANIZATIONLawrence B Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2012..g. Matiukas et al, 2006;Mironov et al, 2006). The heart is composed of a variety of cell types. Thus specific targeting of FP-voltage sensors would also be very useful in studying the causes treatment of arhythmias. ..
- Vesicle recycling at developing NMJsRita J Balice Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Alzheimer Mouse Model for Intraneuronal Amyloid-Beta Oligomer BiologySamuel E Gandy; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- STRUCTURAL NEUROCHEMISTRY OF RETINAL CIRCUITSRobert E Marc; Fiscal Year: 2013..Remodeling in the human retina is more aggressive and complex than the mouse retina, with severe network revision in cone decimating zones and extreme bipolar cell rewiring and reprogramming in cone sparing zones of RP. ..
- NOVEL APPROACHES TO RADIO-IMMUNOCONJUGATE DOSIMETRYLee Chin; Fiscal Year: 1991..The dosimetric tools developed here will be appropriate for later application to clinical radio-immunotherapy...
- Optogenetic approaches to neuromuscular synapse eliminationRita J Balice-Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Invivo Imaging of Neuronal Structure in Visual CortexElly Nedivi; Fiscal Year: 2005..Some of the first genes tested will be CPGs that we isolated in a screen for activity-regulated genes involved in synaptic plasticity. ..
- CHRONIC RELAPSING EAEHARLEY TSE; Fiscal Year: 2001..periphery -- spleen) change between remission and relapse. In this he will give BrdU to mice in remission and seek to discover if the cells found in the CNS during relapse are positive for the marker. ..
- Transcriptional silencing in damaged retinal gangliaRobert Nickells; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- NEGATIVE SELECTION OF AUTOREACTIVE THYMOCYTESDAWNE PAGE; Fiscal Year: 1999..Second, by identifying ligands for Thy1, these experiments will probe a cell-cell interaction which may be involved in both the nervous and immune systems. ..
- FIBROBLAST CD 90 EXPRESSION IN FIBROGENIC SKIN DISORDERSJames Hagood; Fiscal Year: 2002..to date Thy-l expression in fibrotic states has not been explored, nor has there been correlation of expression of CD90, the human Thy-l equivalent, with human 'fibroblast heterogeneity...
- NMDA Receptor and Synaptic Plasticity in RetinaNing Tian; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results will also provide insights to how maturation of retinal synaptic circuitry could affect our interpretation of activity-dependent synaptic plasticity in visual cortex. ..
- UCP5-- Balancing Metabolism and Oxidation in Aging BrainLAURA DUGAN; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- CD4 Regulator T Cells Suppress Alloreactivity after BMTBryon Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2005..The information obtained will contribute significantly to our understanding of the role of regulatory T cells in mediating dominant peripheral tolerance after allo-BMT and could lead to translational applications in clinical BMT. ..
- Iron Acquisition Mechanisms in OligodendrocytesJAMES ROBERT CONNOR; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Cell Recruitment Induced by ECM Scaffold DegradationStephen F Badylak; Fiscal Year: 2010..The objectives of the studies, the hypothesis upon which the experimental design is based, and a timeline for completion of the studies are presented. ..
- MECHANISMS OF AXONAL SPROUTING IN THE ADULT STRIATUMMarie Francoise Chesselet; Fiscal Year: 2003..This has relevance for the treatment of stroke and neurodegenerative diseases, two major health concern and leading causes of disability. ..
- Fibroproliferation in Bronchiolitis Obliterans SyndromeVibha Lama; Fiscal Year: 2008..Martinez MD, MS and Marc Peters-Golden MD, both of whom are well-funded researchers with a long track record of mentoring. ..
- Isolation and Characterization of a Ferritin ReceptorJames Connor; Fiscal Year: 2005..This project will significantly alter our thinking on brain iron transport and open novel directions for research in oligodendrocyte biology and diagnositic and therapeutic strategies in demyelinating disorders ..
- Experimental Uveal Melanoma and Ocular Immune PrivilegeKYLE MCKENNA; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- PLASTICITY OF GAD GENE EXPRESSION IN THE BASAL GANGLIAMarie Francoise Chesselet; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide basic information on the mechanisms involved in the maturation of a crucial population of striatal GABAerglc neurons and provide new cues for striatal pathologies. ..
- Interstitial Cell COXs in Renal Development and DiseaseChuan Ming Hao; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- International Network and Registry for TMAHoward Trachtman; Fiscal Year: 2007..These include essential hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, myocardial infarction, and chronic kidney disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DEMYELINATING DISEASE: VIRAL AND IMMUNE FUNCTIONStephen Stohlman; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will test the hypothesis that unregulated virus growth increases expression of TIMP-1, preventing MMP mediated leukocyte migration through the CNS parenchyma. ..
- Mechanobiology and Regenerative MedicineMichael S Sacks; Fiscal Year: 2010..A timeline for completion of these studies, hypotheses to drive the specific aims, alternative approaches for completion of the work, and quantitative criteria for success are provided. ..
- Regulation of Gender Dependent EAE SusceptibilityStephen Stohlman; Fiscal Year: 2008..These data will also provide the first evidence that NK and CD25 + T cells influence adaptive immunity prior to antigen encounter via alterations in APC function. ..
- Imaging Flow CytometerAlbert Donnenberg; Fiscal Year: 2006..Should this proposal be funded, we are very well positioned to play a leading role in applying this new technology to cancer, immunology, and cell biology research. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Urologic Epithelial Stem CellsAlvin Liu; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- ORIGIN OF CELLS THAT REPOPULATE RESORBABLE ECM SCAFFOLDSStephen Badylak; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- SUPPRESSION OF CNS AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE BY TH2 CELLSStephen Stohlman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- NEURAL CIRCUITRY OF THE KIDNEYMark Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- MULTICENTER TRIAL OF SYNSORB PK IN E COLI RELATED HUSHoward Trachtman; Fiscal Year: 2003..The outcome of this trial may justify the use of SYNSORB PK as a safe therapy to ameliorate D+HUS. ..
- Translocation and Function of Nuclear FerritinJames Connor; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Inducible Gene Expression in Retinal Ganglion CellsJohn Kerrison; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- PERSISTENT VIRUS ON CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM IMMUNITYStephen Stohlman; Fiscal Year: 2004..The use of transgenic mice will determine the role of Ag expressed within defined CNS cell types, in the presence and absence of peripheral Ag. ..
- ROLE OF FGF IN NEURONAL INJURYFelix Eckenstein; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- CD Expression in Prostate CancerAlvin Liu; Fiscal Year: 2004..CD10 and CD13 are both peptidases and are likely involved in the processing of bioactive signaling peptides. Their absence might lead to the aberrant cellular differentiation and development of cancer. ..
- SLP-76 and ADAP dependent dendritic cell functionJames Clements; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- CELLULAR MECHANISMS OF OTOTOXICITYEri Hashino; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- NEUROTROPHIC SUPPORT IN AGING AND ALZHEIMERS DISEASEFelix Eckenstein; Fiscal Year: 2003..The volume of hippocampus, neuronal and glial numbers, and cytoarchitecture of hippocampus of old FGF2 knockout and FGF-2 overexpressing mice will be determined. ..
- Role of Cyclooxygenase stimulated Neovascularization in Diabetic NephropathyChuan Ming Hao; Fiscal Year: 2008..Pozzi's expertise in angiogenesis and Dr. Breyer's expertise in mouse models of diabetic nephropathy, and draws on their common interest in the prostanoid pathway in cell differentiation and survival. ..
- Human monoclonal antibody therapy for HUSHoward Trachtman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Synaptic Alterations in the Cerebral Cortex during AgingA Cuello; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Targeted Cellular Repair of Articular CartilageJames Dennis; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long-term goal of these studies is to develop a treatment for osteoarthritis. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Adult Stem Cells in the Inner EarEri Hashino; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Cellular Remodeling of ECM ScaffoldsStephen Badylak; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have identified clearly defined specific aims with quantifiable end points and an efficient three year timeline to conduct this work. ..
- Renal Medullary COX2 in Blood Pressure RegulationChuan Ming Hao; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim III: To define the down-stream target of activated renal medullary COX2 expression. ..
- CHOC Human Embryonic Stem Cell Culture Training CoursePhilip Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2008..The courses are held annually in the Spring at the National Human Neural Stem Cell Resource of the Neuroscience Laboratories at the Children's Hospital of Orange County Research Institute. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of ECM Scaffold RemodelingStephen Badylak; Fiscal Year: 2006..The work will be conducted by an experienced interdisciplinary team of scientists and a timeline is presented for completion of the work. ..
- Pivotal role of VLA-1 in CD8 T cell retention & survivalDavid Topham; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will also test the prediction that the VLA-1+ memory T cells are functionally distinct and important for secondary immune protection. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neuro-inflammation and treatment in GM2 gangliosidosisStephanos Kyrkanides; Fiscal Year: 2007..With this more of therapy we anticipate a resolution of GM2 storage and neuro-inflammation ultimately leading to amelioration of the clinical phenotype of the disease. ..
- Center for Gene-Environment Studies in Parkinson DiseaseMarie Francoise Chesselet; Fiscal Year: 2006..Cell lines, primary neuronal cultures from genetically altered mice, and human lymphoblasts will be examined. ..
- Novel Therapies for Resistant FSGSHoward Trachtman; Fiscal Year: 2006..The infrastructure that is established for the performance of this R21/R33 project should prove useful for the efficient assessment of additional novel therapies that will be developed in the future for patients with primary FSGS. ..
- Autoimmune Oophoritis: Consequences of Gamete VaccinesKenneth Tung; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specifically, we will determine the immunogenetic regulation of the immune response to CP2, and the influence of the B cell epitope specificity of the ZP Ab on the induction of progenic AOD. ..
- ORIGIN OF CELLS THAT REPOPULATE RESORBABLE ECM SCAFFOLDSStephen Badylak; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..