Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CD90
Description: Thy-1 cell surface antigen
Alias: CD90, CDw90, Thy-1 T-cell antigen, thy-1 antigen
Publications264 found, 100 shown here
- Augmentation of the resistance against Listeria monocytogenes by oral administration of a hot water extract of Chlorella vulgaris in miceT Hasegawa
Laboratory of Germfree Life, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 16:191-202. 1994....
- Exogenous interleukin-3 enhances IL-4 production by splenic CD4+ cells during the early stages of a Trichinella spiralis infectionM Korenaga
Department of Parasitology, Kochi Medical School, Kochi, Japan
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 117:131-7. 1998..IL-4 production was suppressed in rIL-3-treated mice injected with anti-CD4 mAb. These results suggest that IL-3 might play a role as Th2 amplifier in immune response to parasite infection...
- Thy-1 expression in human fibroblast subsets defines myofibroblastic or lipofibroblastic phenotypesLaura Koumas
Department of Environmental Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Am J Pathol 163:1291-300. 2003....
- CD90/THY1 is overexpressed in prostate cancer-associated fibroblasts and could serve as a cancer biomarkerLawrence D True
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 6100, USA
Mod Pathol 23:1346-56. 2010..Quantitative proteomic analysis of N-glycosylated proteins detected an increased amount of CD90/THY1 in cancer supernatants compared with non-cancer supernatants...
- An 8-gene signature, including methylated and down-regulated glutathione peroxidase 3, of gastric cancerXianglan Zhang
Cancer Metastasis Research Center, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Int J Oncol 36:405-14. 2010..Mechanism-wise GPX3 down-regulation in gastric cancer is due to promoter hypermethylation. Collectively, these results show a correct identification of 8 genes as gastric cancer biomarkers...
- Overexpression of Thy1/CD90 in human hepatocellular carcinoma is associated with HBV infection and poor prognosisJeng Wei Lu
Department of Biotechnology, Asia University, Wufeng, Taichung, Taiwan
Acta Histochem 113:833-8. 2011Thy1/CD90 is an important marker of many types of stem cells. It functions as a tumor suppressor in ovarian cancer and in nasopharyngeal carcinoma...
- Thy-1 regulates fibroblast focal adhesions, cytoskeletal organization and migration through modulation of p190 RhoGAP and Rho GTPase activityThomas H Barker
Department of Medicine, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Exp Cell Res 295:488-96. 2004..We therefore conclude that Thy-1 surface expression regulates fibroblast focal adhesions, cytoskeletal organization and migration by modulating the activity of p190 RhoGAP and Rho GTPase...
- Gene expression down-regulation in CD90+ prostate tumor-associated stromal cells involves potential organ-specific genesLaura E Pascal
Department of Urology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
BMC Cancer 9:317. 2009..The tumor-associated stroma is marked by increased expression of CD90/THY1...
- The human Thy-1 gene: structure and chromosomal locationT Seki
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 82:6657-61. 1985..The structural gene for human Thy-1 was localized to the long arm of chromosome 11 by nucleic acid hybridization to genomic DNA isolated from somatic cell hybrids...
- Interaction of human Thy-1 (CD 90) with the integrin alphavbeta3 (CD51/CD61): an important mechanism mediating melanoma cell adhesion to activated endotheliumAnja Saalbach
Saxon Academy of Science, D 04107 Leipzig, Germany
Oncogene 24:4710-20. 2005..These data explain at least in part the high tumorigenicity of alphavbeta3-expressing melanoma cells and the association of alphavbeta3-positive melanoma cells with a high risk of metastasis and poor prognosis...
- Human Thy-1 (CD90) on activated endothelial cells is a counterreceptor for the leukocyte integrin Mac-1 (CD11b/CD18)Anne Wetzel
Department of Dermatology, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
J Immunol 172:3850-9. 2004..In our previous work, the human Ig superfamily glycoprotein Thy-1 (CD90) was identified as an activation-associated cell adhesion molecule on human dermal microvascular endothelial cells...
- The Thy-1/Thy-1 ligand interaction is involved in binding of melanoma cells to activated Thy-1- positive microvascular endothelial cellsA Saalbach
Department of Dermatology, University of Leipzig, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Microvasc Res 64:86-93. 2002....
- Tumor-promoting phenotype of CD90hi prostate cancer-associated fibroblastsHongjuan Zhao
Department of Urology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5118, USA
Prostate 69:991-1000. 2009Cancer-associated stroma contributes to the malignant behavior of adenocarcinomas of the prostate and other organs. CD90 is a marker of mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) and its expression is higher in prostate cancer stroma compared to ..
- Characterization of alphaX I-domain binding to Thy-1Jeongsuk Choi
Divisions of Science Education and Biology, Kangwon National University, Choonchun, Kangwon, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 331:557-61. 2005..Given the reported role of Thy-1 in the regulation of T cell homeostasis and proliferation, it is tempting to speculate that alphaX-beta2 may be involved in Thy-1 function...
- The role of the THY1 gene in human ovarian cancer suppression based on transfection studiesHarindra R Abeysinghe
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 608 Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 149:1-10. 2004..Taken together, the data suggest that THY1 is necessary but not sufficient to suppress ovarian tumorigenicity. Therefore, THY1 can be designated as a putative tumor suppressor gene for human ovarian cancer...
- Functional characterization of THY1 as a tumor suppressor gene with antiinvasive activity in nasopharyngeal carcinomaHong Lok Lung
Department of Clinical Oncology, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Int J Cancer 127:304-12. 2010..These findings suggest that THY1 is a TSG in NPC, which is involved in invasion and shows an association with tumor metastasis. Taken together, THY1 clearly plays an important functional role in tumor suppression in NPC...
- Human Thy-1 induces secretion of matrix metalloproteinase-9 and CXCL8 from human neutrophilsAnja Saalbach
Department of Dermatology, Venerology and Allergology, Medical Faculty of the Leipzig University, Leipzig, Germany
Eur J Immunol 38:1391-403. 2008..Our results support the general concept that the function of 'adhesion molecules' in particular of human Thy-1, may not only be to provide mechanical support but also regulate neutrophil functions...
- CD34(+) cell subsets and long-term culture colony-forming cells evaluated on both autologous and normal bone marrow stroma predict long-term hematopoietic engraftment in patients undergoing autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantationF Lanza
Section of Hematology and BMT Unit, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Advanced Therapies, University Hospital, Ferrara, Italy
Exp Hematol 29:1484-93. 2001....
- Enhancement of immunoglobulin A production in Peyer's patches by oral administration of a traditional Chinese medicine, xiao-chai-hu-tang (Shosaiko-to)Y Tauchi
Traditional Chinese Medicine Research Laboratories, Kanebo, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 15:251-72. 1993..2-TcR alpha beta+T cells in the mesenteric lymph nodes were slight increased. These results showed that orally administered Shosaiko-to acts as a polyclonal B-cell activator which induces IgA production in the mucosal immune system...
- A system for inducible gene expression in retinal ganglion cellsJohn B Kerrison
Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:2932-9. 2005..To develop a system for inducible gene expression in retinal ganglion cells, Thy1 and ckit promoters were used to direct expression of a second-generation reverse tetracycline transactivator (rtTA2S-M2)...
- T-cell-activating monoclonal antibodies, reacting with both leukocytes and erythrocytes, recognize the guinea pig Thy-1 differentiation antigen: characterization and cloning of guinea pig CD90H Schafer
Department of Immunology, Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany
Cell Immunol 197:116-28. 1999..by immunoadsorption and microsequencing revealed that this T-cell-activating protein is the homologue of Thy-1 or CD90. In contrast to the Thy-1 antigen of most other species, guinea pig Thy-1 has a much higher molecular weight, which ..
- A decreased positivity for CD90 on human mesenchymal stromal cells (MSCs) is associated with a loss of immunosuppressive activity by MSCsDiana Campioni
Hematology Section, University, St Anna Hospital, Corso Giovecca n 203, Ferrara, Italy
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 76:225-30. 2009..The CD90+ hMSC reduced lymphoproliferative response in phytohemagglutinin (PHA) activated peripheral blood mononuclear cells ..
- Effects of retinoids on the TGF-beta system and extracellular matrix in experimental glomerulonephritisC Morath
Department of Nephrology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:2300-9. 2001..It was concluded that the beneficial effects of retinoids on glomerular damage are presumably due to a marked reduction in renal TGF-beta 1 and TGF receptor II expression...
- Expression of CX3CL1/fractalkine by mesangial cells in vitro and in acute anti-Thy1 glomerulonephritis in ratsYung Ming Chen
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, No 7 Chung Shan South Road, Taipei 10016, Taiwan
Nephrol Dial Transplant 18:2505-14. 2003..This study investigated the potential of MCs to synthesize CX3CL1/fractalkine, a CX3C chemokine, both in vitro and in acute anti-Thy1 glomerulonephritis in rats...
- Experimental African trypanosomiasis: a subset of pathogenic, IFN-gamma-producing, MHC class II-restricted CD4+ T cells mediates early mortality in highly susceptible miceMeiqing Shi
Department of Veterinary Microbiology, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
J Immunol 176:1724-32. 2006..We speculate that IL-10-producing CD4+ T cells might counteract this effect...
- Bone marrow cells immunomagnetically selected for CD271+ antigen promote in vitro the repair of articular cartilage defectsTamara Hermida-Gómez
Biomedical Research Center, INIBIC Hospital Universitario A Coruña, University of A Coruna, A Coruna, Spain
Tissue Eng Part A 17:1169-79. 2011....
- NO mediates antifibrotic actions of L-arginine supplementation following induction of anti-thy1 glomerulonephritisHarm Peters
Division of Nephrology and Institute of Pathology, Charite, Campus Mitte, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Kidney Int 64:509-18. 2003..NO mediates antifibrotic actions of L-arginine supplementation following induction of anti-thy1 glomerulonephritis...
- Antibody-induced albuminuria and accelerated focal glomerulosclerosis in the Thy-1.1 transgenic mouseKarel J M Assmann
Department of Pathology, Division of Nephrology, University Medical Center Nijmegen, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Kidney Int 62:116-26. 2002..1 transgenic mouse. This mouse expresses a hybrid human-mouse Thy-1.1 antigen on the podocytes, and slowly but spontaneously develops albuminuria and focal glomerulosclerosis...
- Differentiation of synovial CD-105(+) human mesenchymal stem cells into chondrocyte-like cells through spheroid formationM C Arufe
Osteoarticular and Aging Research Laboratory, Cell Therapy Unit Biomedical Research Center, INIBIC Hospital Universitario A Coruña, Coruna, Spain
J Cell Biochem 108:145-55. 2009..studies have used the total population of MSCs, including cells with several MSC markers, such as CD44, CD90, CD105, or CD73. However the chondrogenic capacity of an individual population of MSCs has not been examined...
- Progressive damage along the optic nerve following induction of crush injury or rodent anterior ischemic optic neuropathy in transgenic miceO Dratviman-Storobinsky
The Krieger Eye Research Laboratory, Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Tel Aviv University, Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Mol Vis 14:2171-9. 2008..To characterize the histological changes that occur in response to induction of ischemic or mechanical optic nerve damage in transgenic mice...
- Changes in the populations of null, NK1.1+, and Thy1lo lymphocytes in the bone marrow of tumor-bearing mice: effect of indomethacin treatmentM D Rahal
Department of Anatomy, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cell Immunol 139:218-28. 1992..The results suggest that the production of null lymphocytes in mouse bone marrow is responsive to tumor development, possibly providing cells to be involved in tumor-host interactions...
- Neonatal estrogen treatment and its consequences for thymus development, serum level of autoantibodies to cardiolipin, and the delayed-type hypersensitivity responseJ G Forsberg
Tornblad Institute, University of Lund, Sweden
J Toxicol Environ Health A 60:185-213. 2000..2 marker or percentages of CD4+/CD8+ DP or SP subsets in thymus and spleen, qualitative and quantitative differences occur in immune parameters (autoantibodies to cardiolipin) and a T-cell-dependent immune response (DTH)...
- Induction of tumoricidal macrophages from bone marrow cells of normal mice or mice bearing a colony-stimulating-factor-producing tumorS Hosoe
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
Cancer Immunol Immunother 28:116-22. 1989..These results strongly suggest that M-CSF plays an important role not only in the maturation of macrophage progenitors but also in the induction and the accumulation of activated macrophages...
- Cellular volume and marker expression in human peripheral blood apheresis stem cellsSiddharth Sharma
Department of Pathology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Sylvester Cancer Center, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Cytometry A 73:160-7. 2008..solution), or processed by Ficoll Hypaque sedimentation method were stained with CD45-FITC and PE-labeled CD34, CD90, CD117, and CD133 antibodies and analyzed for electronic volume and two color fluorescence...
- Thymus cell antigen 1 (Thy1, CD90) is expressed by lymphatic vessels and mediates cell adhesion to lymphatic endotheliumGiorgia Jurisic
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Exp Cell Res 316:2982-92. 2010..mouse intestinal lymphatic endothelial cells versus blood vascular endothelial cells, thymus cell antigen 1 (Thy1, CD90) was expressed at much higher levels in lymphatic endothelial cells than in blood vascular endothelial cells...
- [Expression of THY1 gene in epithelial ovarian cancer]Li qin Zeng
Department of Gynecology, Guangdong Women s and Children s Hospital and Health Institute, Guangzhou 510010, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 31:118-20. 2009..To detect the expession of THY1 in ovarian serous cystadenocarcinoma tissues...
- Persistent infection of mice by lactate dehydrogenase-elevating virus: effects of immunosuppression on virus replication and antiviral immune responsesC O Onyekaba
Department of Microbiology, Medical School University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455
Virus Res 14:297-315. 1989..The steady-state viremia attained about 5 weeks after infection reflects a balance between LDV replication in permissive macrophages as they arise and LDV inactivation and clearance...
- Kinetics of adaptive immunity to Haemophilus influenzae type b meningitis in transgenic mice: evidence from diverse expression of double T1/T2 transgenes and Th1/Th2-related cytokinesShyi Jou Chen
The Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Immunol Lett 105:6-15. 2006..Our results support that these transgenic mice provide an available model to dissect the complex kinetic change of adaptive immunity in bacterial infectious diseases...
- Archaeal Pyrococcus furiosus thymidylate synthase 1 is an RNA-binding proteinAkio Kanai
Institute for Advanced Biosciences, Keio University, Tsuruoka, 997 0017, Japan
Biochem J 393:373-9. 2006....
- Retinoic acid reduces glomerular injury in a rat model of glomerular damageJ Wagner
Department of Nephrology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 11:1479-87. 2000..001). It is concluded that all-trans-RA limits glomerular proliferation, glomerular lesions, and albuminuria in an established model of renal damage. The findings point to retinoids as potential novel modulators of glomerular injury...
- Signal transduction involved in protective effects of 15(R/S)-methyl- lipoxin A(4) on mesangioproliferative nephritis in ratsSheng Hua Wu
Department of Pediatrics, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, PR China
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 76:173-80. 2007..1 antibodies. Protective effects of 15(R/S)-methyl-LXA(4) on nephritis induced by anti-Thy1.1 antibodies were related to PI3-K/Akt(1)/p27(kip1)/cyclin pathway, STAT(3) and NF-kappaB pathway-dependent signal transduction...
- The characterization of the monoclonal antibody Th-10a, specific for a nuclear protein appearing in the S phase of the cell cycle in normal thymocytes and its unregulated expression in lymphoma cell linesM Muto
Division of Biology and Oncology, National Institute of Radiological Science, Chiba, Japan
Cell Prolif 28:645-57. 1995..The nuclear protein(s) detected by Th-10a monoclonal antibody was mostly 95 kDa and also 83 kDa polypeptide. The results also indicated that the 95 kDa nuclear protein was phosphorylated in vivo...
- Expression of CD90 on keratinocyte stem/progenitor cellsY Nakamura
Division of Hematopoiesis, Research Center for Regenerative Medicine, Tokai University School of Medicine, Isehara, Kanagawa 259 1193, Japan
Br J Dermatol 154:1062-70. 2006..Here, we report the detection of CD90(+) cells in cultured normal human epidermal keratinocytes and adult skin.
- Intra-bone marrow cotransplantation of donor mesenchymal stem cells in pig-to-NOD/SCID mouse bone marrow transplantation facilitates short-term xenogeneic hematopoietic engraftmentH Eguchi
Center for International Relations, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Transplant Proc 40:574-7. 2008..Porcine MSC prepared by aspiration of iliac BM of miniature swine were identified as CD90+CD29+CD45-CD31- and shown to differentiate into osteoblastocytes and adipocytes...
- Longitudinal profile of retinal ganglion cell damage assessed with blue-light confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscopy after ischaemic reperfusion injuryC K S Leung
Hamilton Glaucoma Center, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0946, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 93:964-8. 2009....
- Thrombospondin peptides are potent inhibitors of mesangial and glomerular endothelial cell proliferation in vitro and in vivoC P Hugo
Division of Nephrology, Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Kidney Int 55:2236-49. 1999....
- [T lymphocytes are necessary for the peripheral phase of B lymphocyte maturation]Novica M Milicevic
Institute of Histology and Embryology Aleksandar D Kostic, School of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Belgrade
Srp Arh Celok Lek 136:166-70. 2008..We showed that the proportion of immature B lymphocyte subsets (CD90(high)IgM(high) and CD90(high)IgM(low)) was significantly increased, whereas that of mature B lymphocyte subsets (..
- [Influence of co-culturing vascular endothelial cells and adipose-derived stromal cells on osteogenic differentiation in vitro]Fuke Wang
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, the 1st Affiliated Hospital of Kunming Medical College, Kunming Yunnan, 650032, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 24:399-405. 2010....
- Graft-vs-leukemia activity and graft-vs-host disease induced by allogeneic Th1- and Th2-type CD4+ T cells in miceM Zeis
2nd Department of Internal Medicine, University of Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Hematol J 2:136-44. 2001..Therefore, separation of GVL- and GVH-reactions is a long-standing goal of experimental studies dealing with allogeneic transplantation of hematopoietic stem cells...
- Polysaccharide (ANK-102) from Polianthes tuberosa cells deteriorates the resistance of mice to Listeria monocytogenes infectionT Majima
Department of Ontogeny and Development, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 17:59-68. 1995..2 expression on the surface of the thymocytes. A new type of immunosuppressive polysaccharide ANK-102 was introduced...
- Endogenous and adoptively transferred A-NK and T-LAK cells continuously accumulate within murine metastases up to 48 h after inoculationM Hokland
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Aarhus, Denmark
In Vivo 13:199-204. 1999..These data underline the longevity of LAK cells in vivo and highlight the importance of IL-2 treatment in recruiting endogenous immune cells to tumor areas...
- Induction of regional collateral sprouting following muscle denervationJason W Koob
Departments of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Washington University, Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
Laryngoscope 117:1735-40. 2007..We hypothesize that epineurial injury is required to induce collateral sprouting toward a neighboring denervated muscle...
- Thy1-positive bone marrow stem cells express liver-specific genes in vitro and can mature into hepatocytes in vivoSi Hyun Bae
Department of Internal Medicine, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea, 505 Banpo Dong, Seocho Gu, Seoul, 137 701, South Korea
Hepatol Int 2:63-71. 2008..Thy1-positive bone marrow stem cells may represent preexisting hepatocyte-specific stem cells...
- Deletion of self-reactive T cells in nude mice grafted with neonatal allogeneic thymusH Yuuki
Department of Immunology, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Immunol 144:474-9. 1990....
- The roles of THY1 and integrin beta3 in cell adhesion during theca cell layer formation and the effect of follicle-stimulating hormone on THY1 and integrin beta3 localization in mouse ovarian folliclesSaori Itami
School of Natural Science and Ecological Awareness, Graduate School of Humanities and Sciences, Faculty of Science, Nara Women s University, Nara, Japan
Biol Reprod 84:986-95. 2011..In conclusion, THY1 might play a role in cell adhesion via binding to integrin beta3 in mouse ovaries. The present results suggest that THY1 localization may be affected by follicle-stimulating hormone in mouse ovaries...
- Dynamic expression patterns of transforming growth factor-beta(2) and transforming growth factor-beta receptors in experimental glomerulonephritisAndrea Hartner
Medizinische Klinik IV, Universität Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 81:32-42. 2003..1 nephritis. These results are in keeping with the notion that TGF-beta(2) and its receptors participate in the pathogenesis and/or resolution of this transient form of glomerulonephritis...
- [Growth inhibitory effects of THY1 gene on epithelial ovarian cancer SKOV3 cells]Li qin Zeng
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, West China Second Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 27:84-7, 91. 2007..To construct THY1 eukaryotic expression plasmid and study its effects on the growth of epithelial ovarian cancer cell line SKOV3...
- 308 isolation, differentiation, and immunophenotypic characterization of mesenchymal stem cells derived from equine adipose tissue and bone marrowE Iacono
University of Bologna, Italy
Reprod Fertil Dev 23:250-1. 2011..MSC) are a) adhesion to the plastic when maintained under culture conditions; b) expression of CD105, CD73, and CD90, and no expression for CD45, CD34, and CD14; and c) differentiation into osteoblasts, adipocytes, and chondroblasts ..
- The peptides ADNF-9 and NAP increase survival and neurite outgrowth of rat retinal ganglion cells in vitroWolf A Lagrèze
Eye Hospital, Albert Ludwig Universität, Freiburg, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:933-8. 2005..We evaluated these findings in cultures of purified rat retinal ganglion cells (RGCs) using two such peptides: ADNF-9 and NAP. In a second step, the influence of these peptides on neurite outgrowth in retinal explants was investigated...
- Osteoinduction in umbilical cord- and palate periosteum-derived mesenchymal stem cellsMontserrat Caballero
Division of Plastic Surgery, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Ann Plast Surg 64:605-9. 2010..The presence of MSCs was determined using immunostaining and flow cytometry for cell surface markers CD73, CD90, CD105, and SSEA-4. Osteogenesis was induced using osteogenic medium...
- Transplantation with selected autologous peripheral blood CD34+Thy1+ hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) in multiple myeloma: impact of HSC dose on engraftment, safety, and immune reconstitutionM Michallet
Service d Hématologie de l Hôpital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
Exp Hematol 28:858-70. 2000....
- Aldose reductase deficiency improves Wallerian degeneration and nerve regeneration in diabetic thy1-YFP miceYuk Shan Chen
Department of Anatomy, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 69:294-305. 2010..The thy1-YFP mice are valuable tools for further investigation of the mechanism of diabetes-associated nerve regeneration...
- Glomerular activin A overexpression is linked to fibrosis in anti-Thy1 glomerulonephritisJens Gaedeke
Department of Nephrology, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Berlin, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:319-28. 2005..This study was designed to identify regulators of activin A production in glomerular mesangial cells and test if activin A acts as a pro-fibrotic cytokine in mesangial cells...
- Retinoic acid receptor alpha and retinoid X receptor specific agonists reduce renal injury in established chronic glomerulonephritis of the ratMatthias Schaier
Department of Nephrology, University Hospital, University of Heidelberg, Bergheimer Strasse 56a, 69115, Heidelberg, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 82:116-25. 2004..Receptor-specific retinoids may provide a novel therapeutic approach for the treatment of chronic glomerulonephritis...
- Experimental induction of retinal ganglion cell death in adult miceY Li
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53792, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 40:1004-8. 1999..To overcome this limitation, the rate and mechanism of retinal ganglion cell death in mice was characterized using optic nerve crush and intravitreal injections of the glutamate analog N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA)...
- Gene expression and differentiation characteristics in mice E13.5 and E17.5 neural retinal progenitorsXuerong Sun
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Mol Vis 15:2503-14. 2009..To improve the selection of the right-timing RPCs for replacement therapy, we compared the gene expression between embryonic day (E) 13.5 and E17.5 RPCs and further explored their gene expression and differentiation capacity in vitro...
- Dendrite remodeling and other abnormalities in the retinal ganglion cells of Ins2 Akita diabetic miceMatthew J Gastinger
Department of Ophthalmology, Penn State Retina Research Group, Penn State College of Medicine, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:2635-42. 2008..To determine the extent of retinal ganglion cell loss and morphologic abnormalities in surviving ganglion cells in Ins2 Akita/+ diabetic mice...
- Uterine leiomyomas exhibit fewer stem/progenitor cell characteristics when compared with corresponding normal myometriumHenry L Chang
Pediatric Surgical Research Laboratories, Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Reprod Sci 17:158-67. 2010..Whereas in normal myometrium, we observed heterogeneous expression of CD90, a cell surface marker associated the with differentiation potential of uterine fibroblasts, in leiomyomas, we ..
- Two populations of Thy1-positive mesenchymal cells regulate in vitro maturation of hepatic progenitor cellsNaoko Kamo
Dept of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto Univ, Shogoin, Kyoto, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G526-34. 2007..In conclusion, these results suggest that in vitro maturation of HPCs promoted by gp38-positive cells may be opposed by an inhibitory effect of gp38-negative cells, which likely maintain the immature, proliferative state of HPCs...
- Transcriptional profiles discriminate bone marrow-derived and synovium-derived mesenchymal stem cellsFarida Djouad
INSERM Unit 475, Montpellier, France
Arthritis Res Ther 7:R1304-15. 2005..populations were negative for CD14, CD34 and CD45 expression and that both displayed equal levels of CD44, CD73, CD90 and CD105, a phenotype currently known to be characteristic of BM-MSC...
- Activation of STAT3/Smad1 is a key signaling pathway for progression to glomerulosclerosis in experimental glomerulonephritisToshikazu Takahashi
Department of Clinical Biology and Medicine, Course of Biological Medicine, School of Medicine, The University of Tokushima, Tokushima, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:7100-6. 2005..These data suggest that the activation of STAT3 and Smad1 participates in the developing process of glomerulosclerosis in experimental glomerulonephritis...
- Prolonged antigen presentation, APC-, and CD8+ T cell turnover during mycobacterial infection: comparison with Listeria monocytogenesHenk van Faassen
Laboratory of Cellular Immunology, Institute for Biological Sciences, National Research Council of Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 172:3491-500. 2004..Relative to LM-OVA, the dendritic cells in BCG-OVA-infected mice were apoptotic for prolonged periods, suggesting that the rapid death of APCs may limit the magnitude of Ag presentation during chronic stages of mycobacterial infection...
- Polychromatic flow cytometry analysis of CD34+ hematopoietic stem cells in cryopreserved early preterm human cord blood samplesF D'Alessio
CEINGE Biotecnologie Avanzate, Naples, Italy
Cytometry A 79:14-24. 2011..Within the CD34(Pos)CD45(Dim) population, we examined the expression of CD29, CD31, CD38, CD90, CD117, CD133, CD135, CD200, CD243, and CD338...
- Increased myeloid precursors in regenerating bone marrow; implications for detection of minimal residual disease in acute myeloid leukemiaT Zeleznikova
Cancer Research Institute, Slovak Academy of Sciences, 833 91 Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Neoplasma 54:471-7. 2007..3+/-26.2%), CD38 (91.4+/-5.7%), HLA-DR (90.6+/-7.6%), CD13 (73.0+/-20.8%) and CD33 (85.2+/-15.6%), while CD90 (2.7+/-2.5%), CD133 (10.0+/-8.2%) and T or B lymphocyte markers were negative...
- Ontogenesis of rat immune system: Proteasome expression in different cell populations of the developing thymusVictoria I Melnikova
N K Koltsov Institute of Developmental Biology of Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Cell Immunol 266:83-9. 2010..LMP2 and LMP7 were also detected by flow cytometry in almost all thymic CD90 lymphocytes through pre- and postnatal ontogenesis...
- The reduced proportion of New splenic T-cells in the zinc-deficient growing rat is not due to increased susceptibility to apoptosisHeather J Blewett
Department of Human Nutritional Sciences, University of Manitoba, Canada Canadian Centre for Agri Food Research in Health and Medicine, St Boniface Hospital Research Centre, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Immunobiology 219:602-10. 2014..It has been reported that zinc-deficient rats have fewer New T-cells (TCRαβ(+)CD90(+)) compared to diet-restricted and control rats, which over time could adversely affect the ability of the ..
- Activation of Type 3 innate lymphoid cells and interleukin 22 secretion in the lungs during Streptococcus pneumoniae infectionLaurye Van Maele
Centre d Infection et d Immunité de Lille, Institut Pasteur de Lille Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, U1019 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UMR 8204 Univ Lille Nord de France, Lille
J Infect Dis 210:493-503. 2014..We first observed that lung mucosa harbors a discrete population of ILC3 expressing CD127, CD90, CCR6, and the transcriptional factor RORγt...
- Mesenchymal stem cells: a perspective from in vitro cultures to in vivo migration and nichesAndrea Augello
Regenerative Medicine Unit, Division of Applied Medicine, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
Eur Cell Mater 20:121-33. 2010..have been defined following isolation and culture expansion, by their expression of various molecules including CD90, CD105 and CD73 and absence of markers like CD34, CD45, and CD14...
- Differential activation of mitogen-activated protein kinases in experimental mesangioproliferative glomerulonephritisD Bokemeyer
Medizinische Poliklink, Division of Nephrology, University of Bonn, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 11:232-40. 2000..These observations point to ERK and p38 MAP kinase as putative mediators of the proliferative response in mesangioproliferative GN and suggest that upregulation of MEK is involved in the long-term regulation of ERK in vivo...
- Dermal fibroblasts induce maturation of dendritic cellsAnja Saalbach
Department of Dermatology, Venerology, and Allergology, Medical Faculty of Leipzig University, Leipzig, Germany
J Immunol 178:4966-74. 2007..specifically interact with human dermal fibroblasts via the interaction of beta(2) integrins on DC with Thy-1 (CD90) and ICAM-1 on fibroblasts...
- Transgenic mice expressing cyan fluorescent protein as a reporter strain to detect the effects of rotenone toxicity on retinal ganglion cellsC R Hayworth
Institute for Neuroscience and Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712 0187, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 71:1582-92. 2008....
- Expression of stimulated by retinoic acid gene 8 (Stra8) and maturation of murine gonocytes and spermatogonia induced by retinoic acid in vitroQing Zhou
School of Molecular Biosciences, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164, USA
Biol Reprod 78:537-45. 2008....
- Differentiation therapy of hepatocellular carcinoma in mice with recombinant adenovirus carrying hepatocyte nuclear factor-4alpha geneChuan Yin
Department of Gastroenterology, Changzheng Hospital, Shanghai, China
Hepatology 48:1528-39. 2008..cells into hepatocytes, dramatically decreased "stemness" gene expression and the percentage of CD133(+) and CD90(+) cells, which are considered as cancer stem cells in HCC...
- Deletion of self-reactive T cells in the donor-derived T cells but not in the host-derived T cells in fully allogeneic radiation chimeras. Mls-reactive T cells in allogeneic radiation chimerasM Ogimoto
Department of Immunology, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Thymus 17:11-22. 1991..These results suggested that the host-derived thymocytes may likely to escape undergoing a negative selection against donor-phenotype in the radiation bone marrow chimeras...
- Differentiation of human CD146-positive endometrial stem cells to adipogenic-, osteogenic-, neural progenitor-, and glial-like cellsMehri Fayazi
Anatomy Department, Tarbiat Modares University, P O BOX 14115 111, Tehran, Iran
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 51:408-14. 2015..The rates of CD90, CD105, CD146, CD31, CD34, and CD9 of cultured endometrial cells were 94.98 ± 3%, 95.77 ± 2.5%, 27...
- Morphological and immunocytochemical characteristics indicate the yield of early progenitors and represent a quality control for human mesenchymal stem cell culturingFlorian Haasters
Experimental Surgery and Regenerative Medicine, Department of Surgery, University of Munich LMU, Germany
J Anat 214:759-67. 2009..Furthermore, these cells were stained for the putative hMSC surface markers CD105, CD90 as well as CD73, and evaluated by three-colour flow cytometry and simultaneous multicolour immunocytochemistry...
- Mechanism of neuromuscular dysfunction in Krabbe diseaseLudovico Cantuti-Castelvetri
Departments of Anatomy and Cell Biology
J Neurosci 35:1606-16. 2015..Akt, which is key for muscle function, may constitute a novel target to complement in therapies for Krabbe disease. ..
- Isolation and immunophenotypic characterization of mesenchymal stem cells derived from equine species adipose tissueArmando de Mattos Carvalho
Department of Veterinary Surgery and Anesthesiology, School of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, Sao Paulo State University, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 132:303-6. 2009..cells (MSC) derived from equine adipose tissue and conduct cellular characterization with the following markers: CD90, CD44 and CD13...
- PDE-5 inhibition impedes TSP-1 expression, TGF-beta activation and matrix accumulation in experimental glomerulonephritisBernd Hohenstein
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, University Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:3427-36. 2008..In this study, we investigated the effects of PDE-5 inhibition in the anti-Thy1 model in the rat in vivo...
- Immunophenotypic expression by flow cytometric analysis of cocultured skeletal muscle and bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells for therapy into myocardiumK A T C Carvalho
Cellular Culture Experimental Laboratory, PUCPR, Curitiba, Brazil
Transplant Proc 40:842-4. 2008..profile of cellular subsets, namely, the surface markers CD31, CD34, CD44H, CD45, CD49d, CD54, CD73, CD90, CD105, CD106, Myo-D, M-cadherin, and Connexin-43...
- Sigma-1 receptor stimulation protects retinal ganglion cells from ischemia-like insult through the activation of extracellular-signal-regulated kinases 1/2Brett H Mueller
Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, TX, USA North Texas Eye Research Institute, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, TX, USA Electronic address
Exp Eye Res 128:156-69. 2014..These findings suggest that activation of the σ-1 receptor may be a therapeutic target for neuroprotection particularly relevant to ocular neurodegenerative diseases that effect RGCs. ..
- JAK2 inhibitors do not affect stem cells present in the spleens of patients with myelofibrosisXiaoli Wang
Division of Hematology Oncology Pathology, The Tisch Cancer Institute, Department of Medicine, Myeloproliferative Disorders Research Consortium, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY and
Blood 124:2987-95. 2014..blood MF CD34(+) cells with the JAK1/2/3 inhibitor, AZD1480, reduced the absolute number of CD34(+), CD34(+)CD90(+), and CD34(+)CXCR4(+) cells as well as assayable hematopoietic progenitor cells (HPCs) irrespective of the JAK2 ..
- Adipose tissue-derived stem cells inhibit neointimal formation in a paracrine fashion in rat femoral arteryMasao Takahashi
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 298:H415-23. 2010..ASCs expressed CD29 and CD90, but not CD34, suggesting that ASCs resemble bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells...
- Transgenic mice overexpressing tyrosine-to-cysteine mutant human alpha-synuclein: a progressive neurodegenerative model of diffuse Lewy body diseaseWenbo Zhou
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, 4200 E 9th Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Biol Chem 283:9863-70. 2008....
- Effect of spiperone on mesenchymal multipotent stromal and hemopoietic stem cells under conditions of pulmonary fibrosisE G Skurikhin
Research Institute of Pharmacology, Siberian Division of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Tomsk, Russia
Bull Exp Biol Med 157:132-7. 2014..cells and lung mesenchymopoietic cells (mesenchymal multipotent stromal cells (CD31-, CD34-, CD45-, CD44+, CD73+, CD90+, CD106+) and progenitor fi broblast cells), and suppression of multilineage differentiation of multipotent ..
- [Differentiation of bone marrow derived from mesenchymal stem cells into cardiomyocyte-like cells induced by co-culture with rat myocardial cells]Rong Li Zhang
Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 16:1111-5. 2008..The results showed that in vitro cultured MSCs expressed CD90, CD44, CD105, CD54, not expressed CD34, CD45, CD31...
- Mesenchymal stem cells can be differentiated into endothelial cells in vitroJoachim Oswald
Institute of Polymer Research Dresden and The Max Bergmann Center of Biomaterials Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Stem Cells 22:377-84. 2004..Isolated MSCs were positive for the markers CD105, CD73, CD166, CD90, and CD44 and negative for typical hematopoietic and endothelial markers...
- Expression of Dlx and Lhx family homeobox genes in fetal thymus and thymocytesKenneth J Woodside
Laboratory of Mammalian Genes and Development, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Building 6B, Room 2B 210, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892 2780, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 4:315-20. 2004....
- Recapitulation of fibromatosis nodule by multipotential stem cells in immunodeficient miceJung Pan Wang
Institute of Clinical Medicine, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 6:e24050. 2011..We found that FSCs express surface markers such as CD29, CD44, CD73, CD90, CD105, and CD166 but do not express CD34, CD45, or CD133...
- Splenectomy of rats selectively reduces lymphocyte function-associated antigen 1 and intercellular adhesion molecule 1 expression on B-cell subsets in blood and lymph nodesN M Milicevic
Institute of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Yugoslavia
Blood 98:3035-41. 2001..The numbers of naïve (IgD(+)IgM(+)), memory (IgD(-)IgM(high)), newly formed (IgM(high)CD90(high)), early recirculating follicular (IgM(low)CD90(high)), recirculating follicular (IgM(low)CD90(-)), and ..
- PROTHYMOCYTES AND DIABETES MELLITUS IN BB/W RATSDale Greiner; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Somatic Stem Cells in Engineered Human SkinSteven Boyce; Fiscal Year: 2009..hypotheses, three specific aims are proposed: 1) Selection of epidermal SSCs by high expression of 06 integrin, CD90, low expression of receptors for EGF and transferrin (CD71), and preservation of the SSC phenotype by low amounts ..
- Isolation of novel mesenchymal stem cell subpopulationsBuddhadeb Dawn; Fiscal Year: 2009..MSCs and MSC subpopulations isolated by flow cytometry based on the expression of CD45, c-kit, Flk-1, Sca-1, CD90, and CD105...
- Multipotent lung mesenchymal cells in neonatal lung injuryMarc B Hershenson; Fiscal Year: 2010..The cells are positive for Stro-1, CD73, CD90, CD105 and CD166, but negative for CD34, CD45 and CD11b, suggesting that they are of stromal but not hematopoietic ..
- Infarct Repair with Mesenchymal Stem Cell SubpopulationBuddhadeb Dawn; Fiscal Year: 2013..data, our fundamental hypothesis states that transplantation of antigenically-defined CD45-/c-kit-/Sca- 1+/CD90+/CD105- (abbreviated as CD105-) MSC subpopulation will confer greater reparative and regenerative benefits after ..
- Regulation and function of innate lymphoid cells in the gutDavid Artis; Fiscal Year: 2013..IL-23-dependent IL-22 in Citrobacter-infected mice was a population of ROR3t-positive ILCs that expressed c-kit and CD90, and in vivo depletion of ILCs in Citrobacter-infected Rag-/- mice was associated with a defect in protective ..
- Non-viral gene therapy for sickle cell anemiaCLIFFORD JOHN STEER; Fiscal Year: 2012..The ultimate goal of this research project is to develop and evaluate in patients an innovative gene therapy approach that has the potential to treat and correct SCA. ..
- The Early Detection Research Network: Biomarker Developmental LaboratoriesAlvin Y Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..One example is the ~29 kDa CD90/THY1 protein found released into tumor tissue preparations...
- Role of microRNAs in the regulation of CML stem cell survival and self renewalDanilo Perrotti; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, to accomplish these goals we will rely on the use of highly HSC-enriched CD34+/CD38-(CD90+) BM cells form CML patients, the unique SCL-tTA-BCR/ABL mouse model and synthetic miRs or antagomiR to treat NSG ..
- Autologous Lung Multipotent Stromal Cell Therapy for EmphysemaEdward P Ingenito; Fiscal Year: 2013..multipotent stromal cell (LMSC) from lung tissue that expresses the same surface markers (CD44, CD73, CD90, CD105) as multipotent bone marrow stromal cells and displays regenerative capacity following transplantation in ..
- Control Spermatogonial Stem Cell Fate Decisions by bHLH Transcription RegulatorsJon M Oatley; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Environmental obesogens reduce Thy1 expression and promote obesityRichard P Phipps; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our work focuses on the surface glycoprotein, Thy1 (CD90)...
- Th17 cell regulation of intestinal IgA productionYingzi Cong; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Astrocytic Ca2+ Signaling in the Ischemic PenumbraMaiken Nedergaard; Fiscal Year: 2011..2006). Few approaches exist that selectively target astrocytes. Use of BAPTA and caged Ca2+ can add important PHS 398/2590 (Rev. 09/04) Page 72~ Continuation Format Page ..
- ALTERED SENSIBILITY FOLLOWING PERIPHERAL NERVE DAMAGEClifford J Woolf; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor Ligands and Thyroid Eye DiseaseRichard P Phipps; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Investigating Cell Specific Roles of the Complement Cascade in GlaucomaGareth R Howell; Fiscal Year: 2013..Determining the significance of complement biosynthesis by each cell type is important for designing therapeutic interventions that manipulate the complement system. ..
- Role of interlukin 23 and innate lymphoid cells in protective immunityMohamed Oukka; Fiscal Year: 2013..Understanding how these pathogenic bacteria induce inflammation and host response is critical to understanding how protective immune response can promote the clearance of enteric pathogens. ..
- Role of T cells and PPARgamma in Graves' orbital fibroblast adipogenesisRichard P Phipps; Fiscal Year: 2010..This new information will permit the development of new approaches to control inflammation and the pathologic differentiation of orbital fibroblasts important for TAO and other diseases that involve fat deposition. ..
- Rhythmic Stimulation as a Therapeutic Option for Injured Retinal Ganglion CellsGustavo C Munguba; Fiscal Year: 2013..The goal of this proposal is to explore a clinically applicable treatment modality to aid adult RGC neuron survival and axon regeneration after injury. ..
- Modulating Neuroinflammation via PGE2 signaling in models of ParkinsonismSURAJ SUNIL PRADHAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Identifying modifiers of PD pathogenesis would greatly aid in developing treatments for this complex neurodegenerative disorder. ..
- The Gut Microbiome in Neurodegenerative DiseaseSarkis K Mazmanian; Fiscal Year: 2013..If successful, the key contribution of this project will be the transformative conceptual leap that PD may have a gut microbial origin, resulting in informed advances toward probiotic therapies for neurodegeneration. ..
- Mouse model to study the effects of altered mitochondrial distribution in neuronsJordi Magrane; Fiscal Year: 2013..Successful completion of this project will provide a new valuable tool for the scientific community to study the effects f altered mitochondria transport and distribution in vivo. ..
- In Vivo Imaging of Neuronal Plasticity in Mouse Visual CortexElly Nedivi; Fiscal Year: 2012..Cluster analysis should provide insight as to whether there are interneuron cell types that are more structurally plastic than others, and whether subsets of interneurons exhibit structural plasticity correlated with OD plasticity. ..
- OPTICAL STUDIES OF NEURON ACTIVITY AND ORGANIZATIONLawrence B Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2012..g. Matiukas et al, 2006;Mironov et al, 2006). The heart is composed of a variety of cell types. Thus specific targeting of FP-voltage sensors would also be very useful in studying the causes treatment of arhythmias. ..
- Vesicle recycling at developing NMJsRita J Balice Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Alzheimer Mouse Model for Intraneuronal Amyloid-Beta Oligomer BiologySamuel E Gandy; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- STRUCTURAL NEUROCHEMISTRY OF RETINAL CIRCUITSRobert E Marc; Fiscal Year: 2013..Remodeling in the human retina is more aggressive and complex than the mouse retina, with severe network revision in cone decimating zones and extreme bipolar cell rewiring and reprogramming in cone sparing zones of RP. ..
- NOVEL APPROACHES TO RADIO-IMMUNOCONJUGATE DOSIMETRYLee Chin; Fiscal Year: 1991..The dosimetric tools developed here will be appropriate for later application to clinical radio-immunotherapy...
- Optogenetic approaches to neuromuscular synapse eliminationRita J Balice-Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Invivo Imaging of Neuronal Structure in Visual CortexElly Nedivi; Fiscal Year: 2005..Some of the first genes tested will be CPGs that we isolated in a screen for activity-regulated genes involved in synaptic plasticity. ..
- CHRONIC RELAPSING EAEHARLEY TSE; Fiscal Year: 2001..periphery -- spleen) change between remission and relapse. In this he will give BrdU to mice in remission and seek to discover if the cells found in the CNS during relapse are positive for the marker. ..
- Transcriptional silencing in damaged retinal gangliaRobert Nickells; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- NEGATIVE SELECTION OF AUTOREACTIVE THYMOCYTESDAWNE PAGE; Fiscal Year: 1999..Second, by identifying ligands for Thy1, these experiments will probe a cell-cell interaction which may be involved in both the nervous and immune systems. ..
- FIBROBLAST CD 90 EXPRESSION IN FIBROGENIC SKIN DISORDERSJames Hagood; Fiscal Year: 2002..to date Thy-l expression in fibrotic states has not been explored, nor has there been correlation of expression of CD90, the human Thy-l equivalent, with human 'fibroblast heterogeneity...
- NMDA Receptor and Synaptic Plasticity in RetinaNing Tian; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results will also provide insights to how maturation of retinal synaptic circuitry could affect our interpretation of activity-dependent synaptic plasticity in visual cortex. ..
- UCP5-- Balancing Metabolism and Oxidation in Aging BrainLAURA DUGAN; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- CD4 Regulator T Cells Suppress Alloreactivity after BMTBryon Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2005..The information obtained will contribute significantly to our understanding of the role of regulatory T cells in mediating dominant peripheral tolerance after allo-BMT and could lead to translational applications in clinical BMT. ..
- Iron Acquisition Mechanisms in OligodendrocytesJAMES ROBERT CONNOR; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Cell Recruitment Induced by ECM Scaffold DegradationStephen F Badylak; Fiscal Year: 2010..The objectives of the studies, the hypothesis upon which the experimental design is based, and a timeline for completion of the studies are presented. ..
- MECHANISMS OF AXONAL SPROUTING IN THE ADULT STRIATUMMarie Francoise Chesselet; Fiscal Year: 2003..This has relevance for the treatment of stroke and neurodegenerative diseases, two major health concern and leading causes of disability. ..
- Fibroproliferation in Bronchiolitis Obliterans SyndromeVibha Lama; Fiscal Year: 2008..Martinez MD, MS and Marc Peters-Golden MD, both of whom are well-funded researchers with a long track record of mentoring. ..
- Isolation and Characterization of a Ferritin ReceptorJames Connor; Fiscal Year: 2005..This project will significantly alter our thinking on brain iron transport and open novel directions for research in oligodendrocyte biology and diagnositic and therapeutic strategies in demyelinating disorders ..
- Experimental Uveal Melanoma and Ocular Immune PrivilegeKYLE MCKENNA; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- PLASTICITY OF GAD GENE EXPRESSION IN THE BASAL GANGLIAMarie Francoise Chesselet; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide basic information on the mechanisms involved in the maturation of a crucial population of striatal GABAerglc neurons and provide new cues for striatal pathologies. ..
- Interstitial Cell COXs in Renal Development and DiseaseChuan Ming Hao; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- International Network and Registry for TMAHoward Trachtman; Fiscal Year: 2007..These include essential hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, myocardial infarction, and chronic kidney disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DEMYELINATING DISEASE: VIRAL AND IMMUNE FUNCTIONStephen Stohlman; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will test the hypothesis that unregulated virus growth increases expression of TIMP-1, preventing MMP mediated leukocyte migration through the CNS parenchyma. ..
- Mechanobiology and Regenerative MedicineMichael S Sacks; Fiscal Year: 2010..A timeline for completion of these studies, hypotheses to drive the specific aims, alternative approaches for completion of the work, and quantitative criteria for success are provided. ..
- Regulation of Gender Dependent EAE SusceptibilityStephen Stohlman; Fiscal Year: 2008..These data will also provide the first evidence that NK and CD25 + T cells influence adaptive immunity prior to antigen encounter via alterations in APC function. ..
- Imaging Flow CytometerAlbert Donnenberg; Fiscal Year: 2006..Should this proposal be funded, we are very well positioned to play a leading role in applying this new technology to cancer, immunology, and cell biology research. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Urologic Epithelial Stem CellsAlvin Liu; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- ORIGIN OF CELLS THAT REPOPULATE RESORBABLE ECM SCAFFOLDSStephen Badylak; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- SUPPRESSION OF CNS AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE BY TH2 CELLSStephen Stohlman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- NEURAL CIRCUITRY OF THE KIDNEYMark Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- MULTICENTER TRIAL OF SYNSORB PK IN E COLI RELATED HUSHoward Trachtman; Fiscal Year: 2003..The outcome of this trial may justify the use of SYNSORB PK as a safe therapy to ameliorate D+HUS. ..
- Translocation and Function of Nuclear FerritinJames Connor; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Inducible Gene Expression in Retinal Ganglion CellsJohn Kerrison; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- PERSISTENT VIRUS ON CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM IMMUNITYStephen Stohlman; Fiscal Year: 2004..The use of transgenic mice will determine the role of Ag expressed within defined CNS cell types, in the presence and absence of peripheral Ag. ..
- ROLE OF FGF IN NEURONAL INJURYFelix Eckenstein; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- CD Expression in Prostate CancerAlvin Liu; Fiscal Year: 2004..CD10 and CD13 are both peptidases and are likely involved in the processing of bioactive signaling peptides. Their absence might lead to the aberrant cellular differentiation and development of cancer. ..
- SLP-76 and ADAP dependent dendritic cell functionJames Clements; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- CELLULAR MECHANISMS OF OTOTOXICITYEri Hashino; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- NEUROTROPHIC SUPPORT IN AGING AND ALZHEIMERS DISEASEFelix Eckenstein; Fiscal Year: 2003..The volume of hippocampus, neuronal and glial numbers, and cytoarchitecture of hippocampus of old FGF2 knockout and FGF-2 overexpressing mice will be determined. ..
- Role of Cyclooxygenase stimulated Neovascularization in Diabetic NephropathyChuan Ming Hao; Fiscal Year: 2008..Pozzi's expertise in angiogenesis and Dr. Breyer's expertise in mouse models of diabetic nephropathy, and draws on their common interest in the prostanoid pathway in cell differentiation and survival. ..
- Human monoclonal antibody therapy for HUSHoward Trachtman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Synaptic Alterations in the Cerebral Cortex during AgingA Cuello; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Targeted Cellular Repair of Articular CartilageJames Dennis; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long-term goal of these studies is to develop a treatment for osteoarthritis. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Adult Stem Cells in the Inner EarEri Hashino; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Cellular Remodeling of ECM ScaffoldsStephen Badylak; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have identified clearly defined specific aims with quantifiable end points and an efficient three year timeline to conduct this work. ..
- Renal Medullary COX2 in Blood Pressure RegulationChuan Ming Hao; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim III: To define the down-stream target of activated renal medullary COX2 expression. ..
- CHOC Human Embryonic Stem Cell Culture Training CoursePhilip Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2008..The courses are held annually in the Spring at the National Human Neural Stem Cell Resource of the Neuroscience Laboratories at the Children's Hospital of Orange County Research Institute. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of ECM Scaffold RemodelingStephen Badylak; Fiscal Year: 2006..The work will be conducted by an experienced interdisciplinary team of scientists and a timeline is presented for completion of the work. ..
- Pivotal role of VLA-1 in CD8 T cell retention & survivalDavid Topham; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will also test the prediction that the VLA-1+ memory T cells are functionally distinct and important for secondary immune protection. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neuro-inflammation and treatment in GM2 gangliosidosisStephanos Kyrkanides; Fiscal Year: 2007..With this more of therapy we anticipate a resolution of GM2 storage and neuro-inflammation ultimately leading to amelioration of the clinical phenotype of the disease. ..
- Center for Gene-Environment Studies in Parkinson DiseaseMarie Francoise Chesselet; Fiscal Year: 2006..Cell lines, primary neuronal cultures from genetically altered mice, and human lymphoblasts will be examined. ..
- Novel Therapies for Resistant FSGSHoward Trachtman; Fiscal Year: 2006..The infrastructure that is established for the performance of this R21/R33 project should prove useful for the efficient assessment of additional novel therapies that will be developed in the future for patients with primary FSGS. ..
- Autoimmune Oophoritis: Consequences of Gamete VaccinesKenneth Tung; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specifically, we will determine the immunogenetic regulation of the immune response to CP2, and the influence of the B cell epitope specificity of the ZP Ab on the induction of progenic AOD. ..
- ORIGIN OF CELLS THAT REPOPULATE RESORBABLE ECM SCAFFOLDSStephen Badylak; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..