Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CD90
Description: Thy-1 cell surface antigen
Alias: CD90, CDw90, Thy-1 T-cell antigen, thy-1 antigen, thy-1 membrane glycoprotein
Publications174 found, 100 shown here
- Augmentation of the resistance against Listeria monocytogenes by oral administration of a hot water extract of Chlorella vulgaris in miceT Hasegawa
Laboratory of Germfree Life, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 16:191-202. 1994....
- Exogenous interleukin-3 enhances IL-4 production by splenic CD4+ cells during the early stages of a Trichinella spiralis infectionM Korenaga
Department of Parasitology, Kochi Medical School, Kochi, Japan
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 117:131-7. 1998..IL-4 production was suppressed in rIL-3-treated mice injected with anti-CD4 mAb. These results suggest that IL-3 might play a role as Th2 amplifier in immune response to parasite infection...
- Thy-1 expression in human fibroblast subsets defines myofibroblastic or lipofibroblastic phenotypesLaura Koumas
Department of Environmental Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Am J Pathol 163:1291-300. 2003....
- Does the human skeletal muscle harbor the murine equivalents of cardiac precursor cells?Susanne Proksch
INSERM U 633, Laboratory of Biosurgical Research, Hopital Broussais, Paris, France
Mol Ther 17:733-41. 2009..Skeletal muscle biopsies obtained from 39 patients were sorted by flow cytometry which generated three populations (CD90+/CD34(-), CD34+/CD90(-), CD90(-)/CD34(-)) expressing similar levels of cardiac (Nkx2...
- Interaction of human Thy-1 (CD 90) with the integrin alphavbeta3 (CD51/CD61): an important mechanism mediating melanoma cell adhesion to activated endotheliumAnja Saalbach
Saxon Academy of Science, D 04107 Leipzig, Germany
Oncogene 24:4710-20. 2005..These data explain at least in part the high tumorigenicity of alphavbeta3-expressing melanoma cells and the association of alphavbeta3-positive melanoma cells with a high risk of metastasis and poor prognosis...
- Thy-1 regulates fibroblast focal adhesions, cytoskeletal organization and migration through modulation of p190 RhoGAP and Rho GTPase activityThomas H Barker
Department of Medicine, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Exp Cell Res 295:488-96. 2004..We therefore conclude that Thy-1 surface expression regulates fibroblast focal adhesions, cytoskeletal organization and migration by modulating the activity of p190 RhoGAP and Rho GTPase...
- Characterization of alphaX I-domain binding to Thy-1Jeongsuk Choi
Divisions of Science Education and Biology, Kangwon National University, Choonchun, Kangwon, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 331:557-61. 2005..Given the reported role of Thy-1 in the regulation of T cell homeostasis and proliferation, it is tempting to speculate that alphaX-beta2 may be involved in Thy-1 function...
- Human Thy-1 induces secretion of matrix metalloproteinase-9 and CXCL8 from human neutrophilsAnja Saalbach
Department of Dermatology, Venerology and Allergology, Medical Faculty of the Leipzig University, Leipzig, Germany
Eur J Immunol 38:1391-403. 2008..Our results support the general concept that the function of 'adhesion molecules' in particular of human Thy-1, may not only be to provide mechanical support but also regulate neutrophil functions...
- An 8-gene signature, including methylated and down-regulated glutathione peroxidase 3, of gastric cancerXianglan Zhang
Cancer Metastasis Research Center, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Int J Oncol 36:405-14. 2010..Mechanism-wise GPX3 down-regulation in gastric cancer is due to promoter hypermethylation. Collectively, these results show a correct identification of 8 genes as gastric cancer biomarkers...
- Gene expression down-regulation in CD90+ prostate tumor-associated stromal cells involves potential organ-specific genesLaura E Pascal
Department of Urology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
BMC Cancer 9:317. 2009..The tumor-associated stroma is marked by increased expression of CD90/THY1...
- Human Thy-1 (CD90) on activated endothelial cells is a counterreceptor for the leukocyte integrin Mac-1 (CD11b/CD18)Anne Wetzel
Department of Dermatology, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
J Immunol 172:3850-9. 2004..In our previous work, the human Ig superfamily glycoprotein Thy-1 (CD90) was identified as an activation-associated cell adhesion molecule on human dermal microvascular endothelial cells...
- Tumor-promoting phenotype of CD90hi prostate cancer-associated fibroblastsHongjuan Zhao
Department of Urology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5118, USA
Prostate 69:991-1000. 2009Cancer-associated stroma contributes to the malignant behavior of adenocarcinomas of the prostate and other organs. CD90 is a marker of mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) and its expression is higher in prostate cancer stroma compared to ..
- The Thy-1/Thy-1 ligand interaction is involved in binding of melanoma cells to activated Thy-1- positive microvascular endothelial cellsA Saalbach
Department of Dermatology, University of Leipzig, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Microvasc Res 64:86-93. 2002....
- The human Thy-1 gene: structure and chromosomal locationT Seki
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 82:6657-61. 1985..The structural gene for human Thy-1 was localized to the long arm of chromosome 11 by nucleic acid hybridization to genomic DNA isolated from somatic cell hybrids...
- CD34(+) cell subsets and long-term culture colony-forming cells evaluated on both autologous and normal bone marrow stroma predict long-term hematopoietic engraftment in patients undergoing autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantationF Lanza
Section of Hematology and BMT Unit, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Advanced Therapies, University Hospital, Ferrara, Italy
Exp Hematol 29:1484-93. 2001....
- Enhancement of immunoglobulin A production in Peyer's patches by oral administration of a traditional Chinese medicine, xiao-chai-hu-tang (Shosaiko-to)Y Tauchi
Traditional Chinese Medicine Research Laboratories, Kanebo, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 15:251-72. 1993..2-TcR alpha beta+T cells in the mesenteric lymph nodes were slight increased. These results showed that orally administered Shosaiko-to acts as a polyclonal B-cell activator which induces IgA production in the mucosal immune system...
- A system for inducible gene expression in retinal ganglion cellsJohn B Kerrison
Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:2932-9. 2005..To develop a system for inducible gene expression in retinal ganglion cells, Thy1 and ckit promoters were used to direct expression of a second-generation reverse tetracycline transactivator (rtTA2S-M2)...
- T-cell-activating monoclonal antibodies, reacting with both leukocytes and erythrocytes, recognize the guinea pig Thy-1 differentiation antigen: characterization and cloning of guinea pig CD90H Schafer
Department of Immunology, Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany
Cell Immunol 197:116-28. 1999..by immunoadsorption and microsequencing revealed that this T-cell-activating protein is the homologue of Thy-1 or CD90. In contrast to the Thy-1 antigen of most other species, guinea pig Thy-1 has a much higher molecular weight, which ..
- A decreased positivity for CD90 on human mesenchymal stromal cells (MSCs) is associated with a loss of immunosuppressive activity by MSCsDiana Campioni
Hematology Section, University, St Anna Hospital, Corso Giovecca n 203, Ferrara, Italy
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 76:225-30. 2009..The CD90+ hMSC reduced lymphoproliferative response in phytohemagglutinin (PHA) activated peripheral blood mononuclear cells ..
- Effects of retinoids on the TGF-beta system and extracellular matrix in experimental glomerulonephritisC Morath
Department of Nephrology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:2300-9. 2001..It was concluded that the beneficial effects of retinoids on glomerular damage are presumably due to a marked reduction in renal TGF-beta 1 and TGF receptor II expression...
- Expression of CX3CL1/fractalkine by mesangial cells in vitro and in acute anti-Thy1 glomerulonephritis in ratsYung Ming Chen
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, No 7 Chung Shan South Road, Taipei 10016, Taiwan
Nephrol Dial Transplant 18:2505-14. 2003..This study investigated the potential of MCs to synthesize CX3CL1/fractalkine, a CX3C chemokine, both in vitro and in acute anti-Thy1 glomerulonephritis in rats...
- Experimental African trypanosomiasis: a subset of pathogenic, IFN-gamma-producing, MHC class II-restricted CD4+ T cells mediates early mortality in highly susceptible miceMeiqing Shi
Department of Veterinary Microbiology, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
J Immunol 176:1724-32. 2006..We speculate that IL-10-producing CD4+ T cells might counteract this effect...
- Bone marrow cells immunomagnetically selected for CD271+ antigen promote in vitro the repair of articular cartilage defectsTamara Hermida-Gómez
Biomedical Research Center, INIBIC Hospital Universitario A Coruña, University of A Coruna, A Coruna, Spain
Tissue Eng Part A 17:1169-79. 2011....
- NO mediates antifibrotic actions of L-arginine supplementation following induction of anti-thy1 glomerulonephritisHarm Peters
Division of Nephrology and Institute of Pathology, Charite, Campus Mitte, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Kidney Int 64:509-18. 2003..NO mediates antifibrotic actions of L-arginine supplementation following induction of anti-thy1 glomerulonephritis...
- Antibody-induced albuminuria and accelerated focal glomerulosclerosis in the Thy-1.1 transgenic mouseKarel J M Assmann
Department of Pathology, Division of Nephrology, University Medical Center Nijmegen, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Kidney Int 62:116-26. 2002..1 transgenic mouse. This mouse expresses a hybrid human-mouse Thy-1.1 antigen on the podocytes, and slowly but spontaneously develops albuminuria and focal glomerulosclerosis...
- Differentiation of synovial CD-105(+) human mesenchymal stem cells into chondrocyte-like cells through spheroid formationM C Arufe
Osteoarticular and Aging Research Laboratory, Cell Therapy Unit Biomedical Research Center, INIBIC Hospital Universitario A Coruña, Coruna, Spain
J Cell Biochem 108:145-55. 2009..studies have used the total population of MSCs, including cells with several MSC markers, such as CD44, CD90, CD105, or CD73. However the chondrogenic capacity of an individual population of MSCs has not been examined...
- Changes in the populations of null, NK1.1+, and Thy1lo lymphocytes in the bone marrow of tumor-bearing mice: effect of indomethacin treatmentM D Rahal
Department of Anatomy, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cell Immunol 139:218-28. 1992..The results suggest that the production of null lymphocytes in mouse bone marrow is responsive to tumor development, possibly providing cells to be involved in tumor-host interactions...
- Progressive damage along the optic nerve following induction of crush injury or rodent anterior ischemic optic neuropathy in transgenic miceO Dratviman-Storobinsky
The Krieger Eye Research Laboratory, Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Tel Aviv University, Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Mol Vis 14:2171-9. 2008..To characterize the histological changes that occur in response to induction of ischemic or mechanical optic nerve damage in transgenic mice...
- Neonatal estrogen treatment and its consequences for thymus development, serum level of autoantibodies to cardiolipin, and the delayed-type hypersensitivity responseJ G Forsberg
Tornblad Institute, University of Lund, Sweden
J Toxicol Environ Health A 60:185-213. 2000..2 marker or percentages of CD4+/CD8+ DP or SP subsets in thymus and spleen, qualitative and quantitative differences occur in immune parameters (autoantibodies to cardiolipin) and a T-cell-dependent immune response (DTH)...
- Induction of tumoricidal macrophages from bone marrow cells of normal mice or mice bearing a colony-stimulating-factor-producing tumorS Hosoe
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
Cancer Immunol Immunother 28:116-22. 1989..These results strongly suggest that M-CSF plays an important role not only in the maturation of macrophage progenitors but also in the induction and the accumulation of activated macrophages...
- [Expression of THY1 gene in epithelial ovarian cancer]Li qin Zeng
Department of Gynecology, Guangdong Women s and Children s Hospital and Health Institute, Guangzhou 510010, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 31:118-20. 2009..To detect the expession of THY1 in ovarian serous cystadenocarcinoma tissues...
- Thymus cell antigen 1 (Thy1, CD90) is expressed by lymphatic vessels and mediates cell adhesion to lymphatic endotheliumGiorgia Jurisic
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Exp Cell Res 316:2982-92. 2010..mouse intestinal lymphatic endothelial cells versus blood vascular endothelial cells, thymus cell antigen 1 (Thy1, CD90) was expressed at much higher levels in lymphatic endothelial cells than in blood vascular endothelial cells...
- Cellular volume and marker expression in human peripheral blood apheresis stem cellsSiddharth Sharma
Department of Pathology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Sylvester Cancer Center, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Cytometry A 73:160-7. 2008..solution), or processed by Ficoll Hypaque sedimentation method were stained with CD45-FITC and PE-labeled CD34, CD90, CD117, and CD133 antibodies and analyzed for electronic volume and two color fluorescence...
- Persistent infection of mice by lactate dehydrogenase-elevating virus: effects of immunosuppression on virus replication and antiviral immune responsesC O Onyekaba
Department of Microbiology, Medical School University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455
Virus Res 14:297-315. 1989..The steady-state viremia attained about 5 weeks after infection reflects a balance between LDV replication in permissive macrophages as they arise and LDV inactivation and clearance...
- Archaeal Pyrococcus furiosus thymidylate synthase 1 is an RNA-binding proteinAkio Kanai
Institute for Advanced Biosciences, Keio University, Tsuruoka, 997 0017, Japan
Biochem J 393:373-9. 2006....
- Retinoic acid reduces glomerular injury in a rat model of glomerular damageJ Wagner
Department of Nephrology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 11:1479-87. 2000..001). It is concluded that all-trans-RA limits glomerular proliferation, glomerular lesions, and albuminuria in an established model of renal damage. The findings point to retinoids as potential novel modulators of glomerular injury...
- Kinetics of adaptive immunity to Haemophilus influenzae type b meningitis in transgenic mice: evidence from diverse expression of double T1/T2 transgenes and Th1/Th2-related cytokinesShyi Jou Chen
The Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Immunol Lett 105:6-15. 2006..Our results support that these transgenic mice provide an available model to dissect the complex kinetic change of adaptive immunity in bacterial infectious diseases...
- The characterization of the monoclonal antibody Th-10a, specific for a nuclear protein appearing in the S phase of the cell cycle in normal thymocytes and its unregulated expression in lymphoma cell linesM Muto
Division of Biology and Oncology, National Institute of Radiological Science, Chiba, Japan
Cell Prolif 28:645-57. 1995..The nuclear protein(s) detected by Th-10a monoclonal antibody was mostly 95 kDa and also 83 kDa polypeptide. The results also indicated that the 95 kDa nuclear protein was phosphorylated in vivo...
- Expression of CD90 on keratinocyte stem/progenitor cellsY Nakamura
Division of Hematopoiesis, Research Center for Regenerative Medicine, Tokai University School of Medicine, Isehara, Kanagawa 259 1193, Japan
Br J Dermatol 154:1062-70. 2006..Here, we report the detection of CD90(+) cells in cultured normal human epidermal keratinocytes and adult skin.
- Signal transduction involved in protective effects of 15(R/S)-methyl- lipoxin A(4) on mesangioproliferative nephritis in ratsSheng Hua Wu
Department of Pediatrics, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, PR China
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 76:173-80. 2007..1 antibodies. Protective effects of 15(R/S)-methyl-LXA(4) on nephritis induced by anti-Thy1.1 antibodies were related to PI3-K/Akt(1)/p27(kip1)/cyclin pathway, STAT(3) and NF-kappaB pathway-dependent signal transduction...
- Intra-bone marrow cotransplantation of donor mesenchymal stem cells in pig-to-NOD/SCID mouse bone marrow transplantation facilitates short-term xenogeneic hematopoietic engraftmentH Eguchi
Center for International Relations, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Transplant Proc 40:574-7. 2008..Porcine MSC prepared by aspiration of iliac BM of miniature swine were identified as CD90+CD29+CD45-CD31- and shown to differentiate into osteoblastocytes and adipocytes...
- Thrombospondin peptides are potent inhibitors of mesangial and glomerular endothelial cell proliferation in vitro and in vivoC P Hugo
Division of Nephrology, Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Kidney Int 55:2236-49. 1999....
- Longitudinal profile of retinal ganglion cell damage assessed with blue-light confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscopy after ischaemic reperfusion injuryC K S Leung
Hamilton Glaucoma Center, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0946, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 93:964-8. 2009....
- [Influence of co-culturing vascular endothelial cells and adipose-derived stromal cells on osteogenic differentiation in vitro]Fuke Wang
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, the 1st Affiliated Hospital of Kunming Medical College, Kunming Yunnan, 650032, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 24:399-405. 2010....
- Graft-vs-leukemia activity and graft-vs-host disease induced by allogeneic Th1- and Th2-type CD4+ T cells in miceM Zeis
2nd Department of Internal Medicine, University of Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Hematol J 2:136-44. 2001..Therefore, separation of GVL- and GVH-reactions is a long-standing goal of experimental studies dealing with allogeneic transplantation of hematopoietic stem cells...
- [T lymphocytes are necessary for the peripheral phase of B lymphocyte maturation]Novica M Milicevic
Institute of Histology and Embryology Aleksandar D Kostic, School of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Belgrade
Srp Arh Celok Lek 136:166-70. 2008..We showed that the proportion of immature B lymphocyte subsets (CD90(high)IgM(high) and CD90(high)IgM(low)) was significantly increased, whereas that of mature B lymphocyte subsets (..
- Polysaccharide (ANK-102) from Polianthes tuberosa cells deteriorates the resistance of mice to Listeria monocytogenes infectionT Majima
Department of Ontogeny and Development, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 17:59-68. 1995..2 expression on the surface of the thymocytes. A new type of immunosuppressive polysaccharide ANK-102 was introduced...
- Cartilage destruction mediated by synovial fibroblasts does not depend on proliferation in rheumatoid arthritisChristian A Seemayer
Department of Rheumatology, Center of Experimental Rheumatology, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Am J Pathol 162:1549-57. 2003....
- Endogenous and adoptively transferred A-NK and T-LAK cells continuously accumulate within murine metastases up to 48 h after inoculationM Hokland
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Aarhus, Denmark
In Vivo 13:199-204. 1999..These data underline the longevity of LAK cells in vivo and highlight the importance of IL-2 treatment in recruiting endogenous immune cells to tumor areas...
- Induction of regional collateral sprouting following muscle denervationJason W Koob
Departments of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Washington University, Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
Laryngoscope 117:1735-40. 2007..We hypothesize that epineurial injury is required to induce collateral sprouting toward a neighboring denervated muscle...
- Thy1-positive bone marrow stem cells express liver-specific genes in vitro and can mature into hepatocytes in vivoSi Hyun Bae
Department of Internal Medicine, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea, 505 Banpo Dong, Seocho Gu, Seoul, 137 701, South Korea
Hepatol Int 2:63-71. 2008..Thy1-positive bone marrow stem cells may represent preexisting hepatocyte-specific stem cells...
- 308 isolation, differentiation, and immunophenotypic characterization of mesenchymal stem cells derived from equine adipose tissue and bone marrowE Iacono
University of Bologna, Italy
Reprod Fertil Dev 23:250-1. 2011..MSC) are a) adhesion to the plastic when maintained under culture conditions; b) expression of CD105, CD73, and CD90, and no expression for CD45, CD34, and CD14; and c) differentiation into osteoblasts, adipocytes, and chondroblasts ..
- The roles of THY1 and integrin beta3 in cell adhesion during theca cell layer formation and the effect of follicle-stimulating hormone on THY1 and integrin beta3 localization in mouse ovarian folliclesSaori Itami
School of Natural Science and Ecological Awareness, Graduate School of Humanities and Sciences, Faculty of Science, Nara Women s University, Nara, Japan
Biol Reprod 84:986-95. 2011..In conclusion, THY1 might play a role in cell adhesion via binding to integrin beta3 in mouse ovaries. The present results suggest that THY1 localization may be affected by follicle-stimulating hormone in mouse ovaries...
- [Growth inhibitory effects of THY1 gene on epithelial ovarian cancer SKOV3 cells]Li qin Zeng
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, West China Second Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 27:84-7, 91. 2007..To construct THY1 eukaryotic expression plasmid and study its effects on the growth of epithelial ovarian cancer cell line SKOV3...
- Dynamic expression patterns of transforming growth factor-beta(2) and transforming growth factor-beta receptors in experimental glomerulonephritisAndrea Hartner
Medizinische Klinik IV, Universität Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 81:32-42. 2003..1 nephritis. These results are in keeping with the notion that TGF-beta(2) and its receptors participate in the pathogenesis and/or resolution of this transient form of glomerulonephritis...
- Deletion of self-reactive T cells in nude mice grafted with neonatal allogeneic thymusH Yuuki
Department of Immunology, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Immunol 144:474-9. 1990....
- The peptides ADNF-9 and NAP increase survival and neurite outgrowth of rat retinal ganglion cells in vitroWolf A Lagrèze
Eye Hospital, Albert Ludwig Universität, Freiburg, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:933-8. 2005..We evaluated these findings in cultures of purified rat retinal ganglion cells (RGCs) using two such peptides: ADNF-9 and NAP. In a second step, the influence of these peptides on neurite outgrowth in retinal explants was investigated...
- Osteoinduction in umbilical cord- and palate periosteum-derived mesenchymal stem cellsMontserrat Caballero
Division of Plastic Surgery, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Ann Plast Surg 64:605-9. 2010..The presence of MSCs was determined using immunostaining and flow cytometry for cell surface markers CD73, CD90, CD105, and SSEA-4. Osteogenesis was induced using osteogenic medium...
- Aldose reductase deficiency improves Wallerian degeneration and nerve regeneration in diabetic thy1-YFP miceYuk Shan Chen
Department of Anatomy, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 69:294-305. 2010..The thy1-YFP mice are valuable tools for further investigation of the mechanism of diabetes-associated nerve regeneration...
- Glomerular activin A overexpression is linked to fibrosis in anti-Thy1 glomerulonephritisJens Gaedeke
Department of Nephrology, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Berlin, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:319-28. 2005..This study was designed to identify regulators of activin A production in glomerular mesangial cells and test if activin A acts as a pro-fibrotic cytokine in mesangial cells...
- Transplantation with selected autologous peripheral blood CD34+Thy1+ hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) in multiple myeloma: impact of HSC dose on engraftment, safety, and immune reconstitutionM Michallet
Service d Hématologie de l Hôpital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
Exp Hematol 28:858-70. 2000....
- Experimental induction of retinal ganglion cell death in adult miceY Li
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53792, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 40:1004-8. 1999..To overcome this limitation, the rate and mechanism of retinal ganglion cell death in mice was characterized using optic nerve crush and intravitreal injections of the glutamate analog N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA)...
- Gene expression and differentiation characteristics in mice E13.5 and E17.5 neural retinal progenitorsXuerong Sun
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Mol Vis 15:2503-14. 2009..To improve the selection of the right-timing RPCs for replacement therapy, we compared the gene expression between embryonic day (E) 13.5 and E17.5 RPCs and further explored their gene expression and differentiation capacity in vitro...
- Two populations of Thy1-positive mesenchymal cells regulate in vitro maturation of hepatic progenitor cellsNaoko Kamo
Dept of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto Univ, Shogoin, Kyoto, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G526-34. 2007..In conclusion, these results suggest that in vitro maturation of HPCs promoted by gp38-positive cells may be opposed by an inhibitory effect of gp38-negative cells, which likely maintain the immature, proliferative state of HPCs...
- Transcriptional profiles discriminate bone marrow-derived and synovium-derived mesenchymal stem cellsFarida Djouad
INSERM Unit 475, Montpellier, France
Arthritis Res Ther 7:R1304-15. 2005..populations were negative for CD14, CD34 and CD45 expression and that both displayed equal levels of CD44, CD73, CD90 and CD105, a phenotype currently known to be characteristic of BM-MSC...
- Uterine leiomyomas exhibit fewer stem/progenitor cell characteristics when compared with corresponding normal myometriumHenry L Chang
Pediatric Surgical Research Laboratories, Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Reprod Sci 17:158-67. 2010..Whereas in normal myometrium, we observed heterogeneous expression of CD90, a cell surface marker associated the with differentiation potential of uterine fibroblasts, in leiomyomas, we ..
- Retinoic acid receptor alpha and retinoid X receptor specific agonists reduce renal injury in established chronic glomerulonephritis of the ratMatthias Schaier
Department of Nephrology, University Hospital, University of Heidelberg, Bergheimer Strasse 56a, 69115, Heidelberg, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 82:116-25. 2004..Receptor-specific retinoids may provide a novel therapeutic approach for the treatment of chronic glomerulonephritis...
- Dendrite remodeling and other abnormalities in the retinal ganglion cells of Ins2 Akita diabetic miceMatthew J Gastinger
Department of Ophthalmology, Penn State Retina Research Group, Penn State College of Medicine, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:2635-42. 2008..To determine the extent of retinal ganglion cell loss and morphologic abnormalities in surviving ganglion cells in Ins2 Akita/+ diabetic mice...
- Activation of STAT3/Smad1 is a key signaling pathway for progression to glomerulosclerosis in experimental glomerulonephritisToshikazu Takahashi
Department of Clinical Biology and Medicine, Course of Biological Medicine, School of Medicine, The University of Tokushima, Tokushima, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:7100-6. 2005..These data suggest that the activation of STAT3 and Smad1 participates in the developing process of glomerulosclerosis in experimental glomerulonephritis...
- Polychromatic flow cytometry analysis of CD34+ hematopoietic stem cells in cryopreserved early preterm human cord blood samplesF D'Alessio
CEINGE Biotecnologie Avanzate, Naples, Italy
Cytometry A 79:14-24. 2011..Within the CD34(Pos)CD45(Dim) population, we examined the expression of CD29, CD31, CD38, CD90, CD117, CD133, CD135, CD200, CD243, and CD338...
- Prolonged antigen presentation, APC-, and CD8+ T cell turnover during mycobacterial infection: comparison with Listeria monocytogenesHenk van Faassen
Laboratory of Cellular Immunology, Institute for Biological Sciences, National Research Council of Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 172:3491-500. 2004..Relative to LM-OVA, the dendritic cells in BCG-OVA-infected mice were apoptotic for prolonged periods, suggesting that the rapid death of APCs may limit the magnitude of Ag presentation during chronic stages of mycobacterial infection...
- Proteome characterization of splenocytes from an Aβpp/ps-1 Alzheimer's disease modelZhiyun Cao
Department of Chemistry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Proteomics 14:291-7. 2014..Herein, we report proteome characterization for two subsets of splenocytes (i.e. CD90+ cells and a heterogeneous pool of CD90- cells) from a double transgenic mutant amyloid precursor protein/..
- Bone morphogenetic protein-12 induces tenogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells derived from equine amniotic fluidBaldev R Gulati
National Research Centre on Equines, Hisar, India
Cells Tissues Organs 198:377-89. 2013..These cells expressed mesenchymal surface markers [cluster of differentiation (CD)73, CD90 and CD105] by reverse transcription (RT)-polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and immunocytochemistry, but did not ..
- Region specific mitochondrial impairment in mice with widespread overexpression of alpha-synucleinSudhakar Raja Subramaniam
Department of Neurology, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, 710 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA Electronic address
Neurobiol Dis 70:204-13. 2014..This may contribute to a higher level of oxidative stress that overwhelms antioxidant defense in these neurons, leading to their increased vulnerability in PD. ..
- CD90+ mesothelial-like cells in peritoneal fluid promote peritoneal metastasis by forming a tumor permissive microenvironmentJoji Kitayama
Department of Surgical Oncology, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 9:e86516. 2014..We found that a minor subset of human intraperitoneal cells with CD90(+)/CD45(-) phenotype vigorously grew in culture with mesothelial-like appearance...
- Immature mesenchymal stem cell-like pericytes as mediators of immunosuppression in human malignant gliomaKatharina Ochs
Department of Neurooncology, University Hospital Heidelberg and National Center for Tumor Diseases, Heidelberg, Germany Clinical Cooperation Unit Neuroimmunology and Brain Tumor Immunology, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
J Neuroimmunol 265:106-16. 2013..we demonstrate that FACS-sorted malignant glioma-derived pericytes (HMGP) were characterized by the expression of CD90, CD248, and platelet-derived growth factor receptor-β (PDGFR-β)...
- Enrichment and characterization of Thy1-positive male germline stem cells (mGSCs) from dairy goat (Capra hircus) testis using magnetic microbeadsJiang Wu
College of Veterinary Medicine, Shaanxi Centre of Stem Cells Engineering and Technology, Key Lab for Animal Biotechnology of Agriculture Ministry of China, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi, China
Theriogenology 80:1052-60. 2013..Collectively, these results indicate that THY1 is a marker of undifferentiated spermatogonia in goat testes, the technique of magnetic-activated cell sorting using Thy1 antibody could be an efficient method to enrich mGSCs in goat. ..
- [Effects of rhG-CSF on mobilization of mouse mesenchymal stem cells]Qi Huan Liu
Department of Hematology, DongFeng Hospital, Yunyang Medical College, Shiyan 442008, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 15:790-4. 2007..The cells were collected by trypsinization and the surface antigens CD34, CD133, CD90 and CD105 were analyzed by flow cytometry...
- Identification and characterization of cells with cancer stem cell properties in human primary lung cancer cell linesPing Wang
Department of Immunology, Institute for Cancer Research, Oslo University Hospital, Radiumhospitalet, Oslo, Norway
PLoS ONE 8:e57020. 2013..Co-expression of CD90 further narrowed down the putative stem cell population in PLCCLs from SCLC and LCC as spheroid-forming cells were ..
- CD34+/CD90+ cells infused best predict late haematopoietic reconstitution following autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantationToshiya Sumikuma
Second Department of Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kamigyoku, Kyoto, Japan
Br J Haematol 117:238-44. 2002..The relationships between the numbers of reinfused CD34+ cells and their immature subsets such as CD34+/CD90+, CD34+/AC133+, CD34+/CD38- and CD34+/HLA-DR- cells, and haemoglobin, white blood cell (WBC) and platelet counts at ..
- Nephrin expression is increased in anti-Thy1.1-induced glomerulonephritis in ratsLiliana Schaefer
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik D, Wilhelm Universität Münster, Albert Schweitzer Str 33, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 324:247-54. 2004....
- Thy1 associates with the cation channel subunit HCN4 in adult rat retinaGloria J Partida
Section of Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior, University ofCalifornia, Davis, California 95616 8519, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:1696-703. 2012..Because Thy1 is not a membrane-spanning protein and, instead, complexes with structural and signaling proteins in other tissues, the aim of this study was to find protein partners of retinal Thy1...
- Altered neurochemical profile in the McGill-R-Thy1-APP rat model of Alzheimer's disease: a longitudinal in vivo 1 H MRS studyLinn H Nilsen
Department of Neuroscience, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
J Neurochem 123:532-41. 2012..The findings also demonstrate that in vivo (1) H MRS is a powerful tool to investigate disease-related metabolite changes in the brain...
- Noninvasive monitoring of diabetes-induced cutaneous nerve fiber loss and hypoalgesia in thy1-YFP transgenic miceYuk Shan Chen
Department of Anatomy, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Diabetes 54:3112-8. 2005..These mice will be useful for noninvasive monitoring of cutaneous nerve fiber degeneration and loss of heat-induced pain perception during diabetes and for the assessment of efficacy of therapeutic treatment of diabetic neuropathy...
- T cells are required for the peripheral phase of B-cell maturationNovica M Milicevic
Institute of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade Medical School, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Immunology 116:308-17. 2005..Our study shows that the proportion of immature B-lymphocyte subsets (CD90(high) IgM(high) and CD90(high) IgM(low)) was significantly increased, whereas that of mature B-lymphocyte subsets (..
- Soluble CD90 as a potential marker of pulmonary involvement in systemic sclerosisFlorian Kollert
University Medical Center, Freiburg, Germany
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 65:281-7. 2013..Human CD90 is highly expressed on activated ECs and can be shed from the cell surface...
- Mycophenolate mofetil slows progression in anti-thy1-induced chronic renal fibrosis but is not additive to a high dose of enalaprilStephanie Kramer
Department of Nephrology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 289:F359-68. 2005..The dual anti-inflammatory/anti-fibrotic intervention does not yield additive renoprotective effects, indicating that MMF and enalapril interfere with similar or very closely related pathways involved in progression of renal disease...
- How many hair follicles are innervated by one afferent axon? A confocal microscopic analysis of palisade endings in the auricular skin of thy1-YFP transgenic mouseMaasa Suzuki
Department of Anatomy, Meiji University of Integrative Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Proc Jpn Acad Ser B Phys Biol Sci 88:583-95. 2012..Palisade endings innervated by multiple sensory neurons might be highly sensitive to hair movement...
- Transcriptomic study of dormant gastrointestinal cancer stem cellsShimpei Nishikawa
Department of Frontier Science for Cancer and Chemotherapy, Osaka University, Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Int J Oncol 41:979-84. 2012..CD13-/CD90+ proliferating liver CSCs are sensitive to chemotherapy, and CD13+/CD90- dormant CSCs have a limited ..
- PPARα Activation Protects against Anti-Thy1 Nephritis by Suppressing Glomerular NF-κB SignalingKoji Hashimoto
Department of Metabolic Regulation, Institute on Aging and Adaptation, Shinshu University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 1 1 Asahi, Matsumoto 390 8621, Japan
PPAR Res 2012:976089. 2012..These findings suggest the antinephritic potential of PPARα-related medicines against MsPGN. PPARα-related medicines might be useful as a treatment option for CKD...
- The efficiency of in vitro isolation and myogenic differentiation of MSCs derived from adipose connective tissue, bone marrow, and skeletal muscle tissueFatma Y Meligy
Division of Infectious Disease Control, Center for Infectious Diseases, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 48:203-15. 2012..AD-MSCs showed the highest proliferation rate while BM-MSCs had the lowest one. In ICC, isolated MSCs had strong CD90- and CD44-positive expression and negative expression of CD45, CD31, and CD34, while AZA-treated MSCs had strong ..
- STAT3-mediated signaling dysregulates lung fibroblast-myofibroblast activation and differentiation in UIP/IPFDmitri V Pechkovsky
UBC James Hogg Research Centre, Institute for Heart Lung Health, St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Pathol 180:1398-412. 2012..and activation, including expression of α-smooth muscle actin (α-SMA), collagen, and adhesion molecules Thy-1/CD90 and α(v) β(3) and β(5) integrins...
- Characterization of mesenchymal progenitor cells isolated from human bone marrow by negative selectionUlrike I Mödder
Endocrine Research Unit, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Bone 50:804-10. 2012..have been used to identify marrow mesenchymal populations (alkaline phosphatase [AP], Stro-1, CD29, CD49a, CD73, CD90, CD105, CD166, CD44, CD146 and CD271) may be expressed on distinct subsets of marrow mesenchymal cells...
- Stromal vascular progenitors in adult human adipose tissueLudovic Zimmerlin
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Cytometry A 77:22-30. 2010..These markers were used in multiparameter flow cytometry in conjunction with stem/progenitor markers (CD90 and CD117) to further characterize stromal vascular fraction (SVF) subpopulations...
- [Suppressive effects of GTW treatment on infiltration of inflammatory cell in glomeruli in anti-Thy1.1 glomerulonephritis]Yigang Wan
The Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine, The Affiliated Drum Tower Hospital of Nanjing University Medical School, Nanjing 210008, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 34:72-7. 2009..To examine inhibition action of multi-glycoside of Tripterygium wilfordii (GTW) on infiltration of inflammatory cell in glomeruli with anti-Thy1.1 glomerulonephritis (anti-Thy1.1 GN), and to clarify its effects on inflammatory in vitro...
- CD90 Expression on human primary cells and elimination of contaminating fibroblasts from cell culturesLynn Kisselbach
Department of Cell Therapy, Lonza Walkersville, Inc, Walkersville, MD, 21793, USA
Cytotechnology 59:31-44. 2009Cluster Differentiation 90 (CD90) is a cell surface glycoprotein originally identified on mouse thymocytes...
- Efficient expression of self-complementary AAV in ganglion cells of the ex vivo primate retinaRajeshwari D Koilkonda
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Mol Vis 15:2796-802. 2009..To evaluate the efficiency of self-complementary adeno-associated virus (scAAV)-mediated gene expression of green fluorescent protein (GFP) or the allotopic human ND4 subunit of complex I in ganglion cells of the primate retina...
- Nuclear and neuritic distribution of serine-129 phosphorylated alpha-synuclein in transgenic miceH Schell
Laboratory of Functional Neurogenetics, Department of Neurodegeneration, Hertie Institute for Clinical Brain Research, University Clinics Tübingen, Otfried Muller Strasse 27, Tubingen, Germany
Neuroscience 160:796-804. 2009....
- Expression of extracellular matrix genes during myocardial recovery from heart failure after left ventricular assist device supportLeanne E Felkin
Harefield Heart Science Centre, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, Harefield, Middlesex, UK
J Heart Lung Transplant 28:117-22. 2009....
- Induction of TGF-beta1 by the matricellular protein SPARC in a rat model of glomerulonephritisJ A Bassuk
Department of Biological Structure, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195 7420, USA
Kidney Int 57:117-28. 2000..Induction of TGF-beta1 by the matricellular protein SPARC in a rat model of glomerulonephritis...
- PROTHYMOCYTES AND DIABETES MELLITUS IN BB/W RATSDale Greiner; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Somatic Stem Cells in Engineered Human SkinSteven Boyce; Fiscal Year: 2009..hypotheses, three specific aims are proposed: 1) Selection of epidermal SSCs by high expression of 06 integrin, CD90, low expression of receptors for EGF and transferrin (CD71), and preservation of the SSC phenotype by low amounts ..
- Investigating Cell Specific Roles of the Complement Cascade in GlaucomaGareth R Howell; Fiscal Year: 2013..Determining the significance of complement biosynthesis by each cell type is important for designing therapeutic interventions that manipulate the complement system. ..
- Astrocytic Ca2+ Signaling in the Ischemic PenumbraMaiken Nedergaard; Fiscal Year: 2011..2006). Few approaches exist that selectively target astrocytes. Use of BAPTA and caged Ca2+ can add important PHS 398/2590 (Rev. 09/04) Page 72~ Continuation Format Page ..
- Environmental obesogens reduce Thy1 expression and promote obesityRichard P Phipps; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our work focuses on the surface glycoprotein, Thy1 (CD90)...
- The Gut Microbiome in Neurodegenerative DiseaseSarkis K Mazmanian; Fiscal Year: 2013..If successful, the key contribution of this project will be the transformative conceptual leap that PD may have a gut microbial origin, resulting in informed advances toward probiotic therapies for neurodegeneration. ..
- NOVEL APPROACHES TO RADIO-IMMUNOCONJUGATE DOSIMETRYLee Chin; Fiscal Year: 1991..The dosimetric tools developed here will be appropriate for later application to clinical radio-immunotherapy...
- The Early Detection Research Network: Biomarker Developmental LaboratoriesAlvin Y Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..One example is the ~29 kDa CD90/THY1 protein found released into tumor tissue preparations...
- Role of T cells and PPARgamma in Graves' orbital fibroblast adipogenesisRichard P Phipps; Fiscal Year: 2010..This new information will permit the development of new approaches to control inflammation and the pathologic differentiation of orbital fibroblasts important for TAO and other diseases that involve fat deposition. ..
- Isolation of novel mesenchymal stem cell subpopulationsBuddhadeb Dawn; Fiscal Year: 2009..MSCs and MSC subpopulations isolated by flow cytometry based on the expression of CD45, c-kit, Flk-1, Sca-1, CD90, and CD105...
- Regulation and function of innate lymphoid cells in the gutDavid Artis; Fiscal Year: 2013..IL-23-dependent IL-22 in Citrobacter-infected mice was a population of ROR3t-positive ILCs that expressed c-kit and CD90, and in vivo depletion of ILCs in Citrobacter-infected Rag-/- mice was associated with a defect in protective ..
- STRUCTURAL NEUROCHEMISTRY OF RETINAL CIRCUITSRobert E Marc; Fiscal Year: 2013..Remodeling in the human retina is more aggressive and complex than the mouse retina, with severe network revision in cone decimating zones and extreme bipolar cell rewiring and reprogramming in cone sparing zones of RP. ..
- Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor Ligands and Thyroid Eye DiseaseRichard P Phipps; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- SUPPRESSION OF CNS AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE BY TH2 CELLSStephen Stohlman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- CD4 Regulator T Cells Suppress Alloreactivity after BMTBryon Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2005..The information obtained will contribute significantly to our understanding of the role of regulatory T cells in mediating dominant peripheral tolerance after allo-BMT and could lead to translational applications in clinical BMT. ..
- Rhythmic Stimulation as a Therapeutic Option for Injured Retinal Ganglion CellsGustavo C Munguba; Fiscal Year: 2013..The goal of this proposal is to explore a clinically applicable treatment modality to aid adult RGC neuron survival and axon regeneration after injury. ..
- Role of interlukin 23 and innate lymphoid cells in protective immunityMohamed Oukka; Fiscal Year: 2013..Understanding how these pathogenic bacteria induce inflammation and host response is critical to understanding how protective immune response can promote the clearance of enteric pathogens. ..