Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CD5L
Description: CD5 molecule like
Alias: AIM, API6, CT-2, PRO229, SP-ALPHA, Spalpha, hAIM, CD5 antigen-like, CD5 antigen-like (scavenger receptor cysteine rich family), apoptosis inhibitor 6, apoptosis inhibitor expressed by macrophages, apoptosis inhibitor of macrophage, igM-associated peptide
Publications119 found, 100 shown here
- Gebe J, Kiener P, Ring H, Li X, Francke U, Aruffo A. Molecular cloning, mapping to human chromosome 1 q21-q23, and cell binding characteristics of Spalpha, a new member of the scavenger receptor cysteine-rich (SRCR) family of proteins. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:6151-8 pubmed..Here we report the cloning of a cDNA encoding Spalpha, a secreted protein that is highly homologous to CD5 and CD6...
- Kim W, Hwang H, Kim D, Lee P, In Y, Ryu H, et al. Glycoproteomic analysis of plasma from patients with atopic dermatitis: CD5L and ApoE as potential biomarkers. Exp Mol Med. 2008;40:677-85 pubmed..Through sequential studies, it was confirmed that CD5L and ApoE were significantly up-regulated or down-regulated, respectively, in the plasma from AD patients compared ..
- Tissot J, Sanchez J, Vuadens F, Scherl A, Schifferli J, Hochstrasser D, et al. IgM are associated to Sp alpha (CD5 antigen-like). Electrophoresis. 2002;23:1203-6 pubmed..together with the already known N-terminal sequence allowed us to identity the IgM-associated peptide as Sp alpha (O43866 in TrEMBL database; CD5 antigen-like)...
- Sarrias M, Roselló S, Sánchez Barbero F, Sierra J, Vila J, Yelamos J, et al. A role for human Sp alpha as a pattern recognition receptor. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:35391-8 pubmedHuman Sp alpha is a soluble protein belonging to group B of the scavenger receptor cysteine-rich (SRCR) superfamily for which little functional information is available...
- Qu P, Du H, Li Y, Yan C. Myeloid-specific expression of Api6/AIM/Sp alpha induces systemic inflammation and adenocarcinoma in the lung. J Immunol. 2009;182:1648-59 pubmedTo study the functional role of apoptosis inhibition of myeloid lineage cells in tumor formation, apoptosis inhibitor 6 (Api6/AIM/Sp alpha) was overexpressed in a myeloid-specific c-fms-rtTA/(TetO)(7)-CMV-Api6 bitransgenic mouse model ..
- Rao P, Hasan S, Bhellum B, Manhas R. Ethnomedicinal plants of Kathua district, J&K, India. J Ethnopharmacol. 2015;171:12-27 pubmed publisher..The present study was undertaken with an aim to document the ethnomedicinal plants of Kathua district...
- Feng B, Mao Z, Pang K, Zhang S, Li L. Association of tumor necrosis factor Î± -308G/A and interleukin-6 -174G/C gene polymorphism with pneumonia-induced sepsis. J Crit Care. 2015;30:920-3 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we aim to investigate the association of promoter-region polymorphisms IL-6 (-174G/C) rs1800795 and TNF-Î± (-308G/A) ..
- Shang M, Zhao J, Yang L, Lin L. Oxidative stress and antioxidant status in women with gestational diabetes mellitus diagnosed by IADPSG criteria. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2015;109:404-10 pubmed publisher..Our aim is to evaluate the oxidative stress in women diagnosed by the IADPSG criteria versus the American Diabetes ..
- Suliga E, KozieÅ‚ D, CieÅ›la E, GÅ‚uszek S. Association between dietary patterns and metabolic syndrome in individuals with normal weight: a cross-sectional study. Nutr J. 2015;14:55 pubmed publisher..The aim of the study is to determine which dietary patterns are present in individuals with a normal BMI and to find out ..
- Monternier P, Fongy A, Hervant F, Drai J, Collin Chavagnac D, Rouanet J, et al. Skeletal muscle phenotype affects fasting-induced mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation flexibility in cold-acclimated ducklings. J Exp Biol. 2015;218:2427-34 pubmed publisherStarvation is particularly challenging for endotherms that remain active in cold environments or during winter. The aim of this study was to determine whether fasting-induced mitochondrial coupling flexibility depends upon the phenotype ..
- Li J, Wang F, Xia Y, Dai W, Chen K, Li S, et al. Astaxanthin Pretreatment Attenuates Hepatic Ischemia Reperfusion-Induced Apoptosis and Autophagy via the ROS/MAPK Pathway in Mice. Mar Drugs. 2015;13:3368-87 pubmed publisherHepatic ischemia reperfusion (IR) is an important issue in complex liver resection and liver transplantation. The aim of the present study was to determine the protective effect of astaxanthin (ASX), an antioxidant, on hepatic IR injury ..
- Aboouf M, Hamdy N, Amin A, El Mesallamy H. Genotype screening of APLN rs3115757 variant in Egyptian women population reveals an association with obesity and insulin resistance. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2015;109:40-7 pubmed publisher..The aim of our study was to explore the sights of a potential association of this functional variant with obesity traits, ..
- Mehrdad R, Aghdaei S, Pouryaghoub G. Urinary 8-hydroxy-deoxyguanosine as a biomarker of oxidative DNA damage in employees of subway system. Acta Med Iran. 2015;53:287-92 pubmed..Therefore, urinary level of 8-OHdG can reflect the extent of oxidative DNA damage. The aim of this study was to document the oxidative stress caused by exposure to these hazards by measuring 8-OHdG in ..
- Becker M, Felsberger A, Frenzel A, Shattuck W, Dyer M, KÃ¼gler J, et al. Application of M13 phage display for identifying immunogenic proteins from tick (Ixodes scapularis) saliva. BMC Biotechnol. 2015;15:43 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to use an oligopeptide phage display strategy to identify immunogenic salivary gland proteins ..
- RanciÃ¨re F, Lyons J, Loh V, Botton J, Galloway T, Wang T, et al. Bisphenol A and the risk of cardiometabolic disorders: a systematic review with meta-analysis of the epidemiological evidence. Environ Health. 2015;14:46 pubmed publisherBisphenol A (BPA) is suspected to be associated with several chronic metabolic diseases. The aim of the present study was to review the epidemiological literature on the relation between BPA exposure and the risk of cardiometabolic ..
- Dlugaszewska J, Leszczynska M, Lenkowski M, Tatarska A, Pastusiak T, Szyfter W. The pathophysiological role of bacterial biofilms in chronic sinusitis. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2016;273:1989-94 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to assess the sinuses' microflora and biofilm formation on the sino-nasal mucosa in patients with ..
- da Silva C, Paim F, Wolkmer P, Abdalla F, Carvalho F, Palma H, et al. NTPDase and 5'-nucleotidase activities in synaptosomes of rabbits experimentally infected with BoHV-5. J Neurovirol. 2015;21:518-24 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study is to determinate the ectonucleotidase activity in cortical synaptosomes and synaptosomes from the ..
- Yang Y, Hou N, Wang X, Wang L, Chang S, He K, et al. miR-15b-5p induces endoplasmic reticulum stress and apoptosis in human hepatocellular carcinoma, both in vitro and in vivo, by suppressing Rab1A. Oncotarget. 2015;6:16227-38 pubmed..miR-15b levels are reported increased in HCC tissues; however, they negatively correlate to HCC recurrence. Our aim was to understand the reason for this phenomenon...
- Real de Asúa D, Quero M, Moldenhauer F, Suarez C. Clinical profile and main comorbidities of Spanish adults with Down syndrome. Eur J Intern Med. 2015;26:385-91 pubmed publisherThe life expectancy of adults with Down syndrome (DS) has significantly increased in the last decades. We aim to describe the main demographic and clinical characteristics of a cohort of adults with DS, and analyse their differences ..
- Tanji N, Kikugawa T, Ochi T, Taguchi S, Sato H, Sato T, et al. Circulating Cytokine Levels in Patients with Prostate Cancer: Effects of Neoadjuvant Hormonal Therapy and External-beam Radiotherapy. Anticancer Res. 2015;35:3379-83 pubmedThe aim of the study was to better characterize the temporal induction of inflammatory cytokines in the serum of patients with prostate cancer (PCa) treated with radiotherapy and to ascertain the influence of hormonal therapy upon those ..
- Rao K, Aronshtam A, McElory Yaggy K, Bakondi B, VanBuren P, Sobel B, et al. Human epicardial cell-conditioned medium contains HGF/IgG complexes that phosphorylate RYK and protect against vascular injury. Cardiovasc Res. 2015;107:277-86 pubmed publisherThe aim of this study was to evaluate the paracrine activity of human epicardial-derived cells (hEPDCs) to screen for secreted vasoprotective factors and develop therapeutics to treat vascular reperfusion injury...
- Lumachi F, Mazza F, Del Conte A, Lo Re G, Ermani M, Chiara G, et al. Short-term Survival of Patients with Lung Metastases from Colorectal and Non-colorectal Cancer Who Underwent Pulmonary Metastasectomy. Anticancer Res. 2015;35:3563-6 pubmed..The aim of the present study was to analyze whether the site of primitive tumor affects overall survival (OS) of patients ..
- Devetzoglou M, Vyzoukaki R, Kokonozaki M, Xekalou A, Pappa C, Papadopoulou A, et al. High density of tryptase-positive mast cells in patients with multiple myeloma: correlation with parameters of disease activity. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:8491-7 pubmed publisher..Mast cells play an important role in inflammation and angiogenesis in malignant diseases. The aim of the study was to evaluate the mast cell density in bone marrow of untreated MM patients with markers of disease ..
- Xue M, Sun Z, Shao M, Yin J, Deng Z, Zhang J, et al. Diagnostic and prognostic utility of tissue factor for severe sepsis and sepsis-induced acute lung injury. J Transl Med. 2015;13:172 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study is to assess the diagnostic and prognostic values of TF and TFPI in patients with sepsis and sepsis-..
- Wigg J, Zhang H, Yang D. A Quantitative and Standardized Method for the Evaluation of Choroidal Neovascularization Using MICRON III Fluorescein Angiograms in Rats. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0128418 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to establish a simple, quantifiable method of fluorescein fundus angiogram (FFA) image analysis ..
- Montagnaro S, De Martinis C, Sasso S, Ciarcia R, Damiano S, Auletta L, et al. Viral and Antibody Prevalence of Hepatitis E in European Wild Boars (Sus scrofa) and Hunters at Zoonotic Risk in the Latium Region. J Comp Pathol. 2015;153:1-8 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to investigate the presence of HEV in wild boars and hunters exposed to infection in central ..
- Feragen K, SÃ¦rvold T, Aukner R, Stock N. Speech, Language, and Reading in 10-Year-Olds With Cleft: Associations With Teasing, Satisfaction With Speech, and Psychological Adjustment. Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2017;54:153-165 pubmed publisher..The aim was to investigate associations between speech, language, reading, and reports of teasing, subjective satisfaction ..
- Sung M, Zordoky B, Bujak A, Lally J, Fung D, Young M, et al. AMPK deficiency in cardiac muscle results in dilated cardiomyopathy in the absence of changes in energy metabolism. Cardiovasc Res. 2015;107:235-45 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the aim of this study was to determine whether a significant loss of AMPK activity alters cardiac function, metabolism, and ..
- Å»mijewski M, SokÃ³Å‚ ÅÄ™towska A, Pejcz E, OrzeÅ‚ D. Antioxidant activity of rye bread enriched with milled buckwheat groats fractions. Rocz Panstw Zakl Hig. 2015;66:115-21 pubmed..The aim of the study was to evaluate the influence of buckwheat products addition and baking process on the antioxidant ..
- Gruia M, Negoita V, Vasilescu M, Panait M, Gruia I, Velescu B, et al. Biochemical action of new complexes of ruthenium with quinolones as potential antitumor agents. Anticancer Res. 2015;35:3371-8 pubmedThe aim of the present study paper was to identify the role of reactive oxygen species (ROS) in apoptosis signaling mechanisms...
- Villarreal TreviÃ±o C, VÃ¡squez G, LÃ³pez Sifuentes V, Escobedo Vargas K, Huayanay Repetto A, Linton Y, et al. Establishment of a free-mating, long-standing and highly productive laboratory colony of Anopheles darlingi from the Peruvian Amazon. Malar J. 2015;14:227 pubmed publisher..darlingi, with the aim of establish a free-mating, stable, and highly productive laboratory colony. Wild An...
- Gail H, Tarryn B, Oluwaseyi A, Denver D, Oluchi M, Charlotte V, et al. An ethnobotanical survey of medicinal plants used by traditional health practitioners to manage HIV and its related opportunistic infections in Mpoza, Eastern Cape Province, South Africa. J Ethnopharmacol. 2015;171:109-15 pubmed publisherThe aim of the study was to identify and document plants traditionally used to manage HIV and treat its opportunistic infections (OIs) in Mpoza, a rural village located in the Mount Frere Alfred Nzo District, Eastern Cape Province, South ..
- Dimastrogiovanni G, Fernandes D, Bonastre M, Porte C. Progesterone is actively metabolized to 5Î±-pregnane-3,20-dione and 3Î²-hydroxy-5Î±-pregnan-20-one by the marine mussel Mytilus galloprovincialis. Aquat Toxicol. 2015;165:93-100 pubmed publisher..02-10Î¼g/L) for 7 days with the aim of (a) assessing potential alterations on endogenous steroids as a consequence of exposure, and (b) describing the ..
- Pysz K, LeszczyÅ„ska T, KopeÄ‡ A. Assessment of the frequency of snack and beverages consumption and stimulants intake in children grown up in orphanages in Krakow. Rocz Panstw Zakl Hig. 2015;66:151-8 pubmed..The aim of this study was to evaluate selected dietary habits and preferences in a group of children living in Krakow ..
- MiÃ±ana E, RoldÃ¡n M, Chivato T, MartÃnez T, Fuente T. Quantification of the chromosomal radiation damage induced by labelling of leukocytes with [18F]FDG. Nucl Med Biol. 2015;42:720-3 pubmed publisherThe aim of our work is to quantify the radiation damage in lymphocytes after labelling with [18F]FDG. Comparison with gold standard [99mTc]HMPAO labelling is established. An approach to cellular dosimetry is proposed...
- Oikawa S, Taguchi T, Endo K, Hoshi T, Kawashima W, Horibe Y, et al. Storage of washed platelets in BRS-A platelet additive solutions based on two types of clinically available bicarbonated Ringer's solutions with different electrolyte concentrations. Transfus Apher Sci. 2015;53:233-7 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether another clinically available BRS, Bicarbon with different electrolyte ..
- Al Moraissi E, Al Magaleh S, Iskandar R, Al Hendi E. Impact on the pharyngeal airway space of different orthognathic procedures for the prognathic mandible. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2015;44:1110-8 pubmed publisher..randomized controlled trials (RCTs), controlled clinical trials (CCTs), and retrospective studies, with the aim of comparing bilateral sagittal split osteotomy (BSSO) to intraoral vertical ramus osteotomy (IVRO), or one-jaw to ..
- Yoncheva K, Kamenova K, Perperieva T, Hadjimitova V, Donchev P, Kaloyanov K, et al. Cationic triblock copolymer micelles enhance antioxidant activity, intracellular uptake and cytotoxicity of curcumin. Int J Pharm. 2015;490:298-307 pubmed publisherThe aim of the present study was to develop curcumin loaded cationic polymeric micelles and to evaluate their loading, preservation of curcumin antioxidant activity and intracellular uptake ability...
- Salucci S, Baldassarri V, Falcieri E, Burattini S. Î±-Actinin involvement in Z-disk assembly during skeletal muscle C2C12 cells in vitro differentiation. Micron. 2015;68:47-53 pubmed publisher..The aim of this work is to monitor Z-disk formation, in order to clear up the role of sarcomeric Î±-actinin in ..
- Ishida T, Tachibana H, Ito A, Ikeda S, Furuta K, Nishiyama A, et al. Clinical characteristics of pneumonia in bedridden patients receiving home care: a 3-year prospective observational study. J Infect Chemother. 2015;21:587-91 pubmed publisherThe aim of the study was to describe the epidemiology, clinical features, antimicrobial treatment, and outcomes of bedridden pneumonia patients receiving home healthcare...
- Cots J, AlÃ³s J, BÃ¡rcena M, Boleda X, CaÃ±ada J, GÃ³mez N, et al. [Recommendations for management of acute pharyngitis in adults]. Aten Primaria. 2015;47:532-43 pubmed publisher..The aim of the treatment is speeding up symptom resolution, reducing the contagious time span and preventing local ..
- Farrokhi E, Ghatrehsamani K, Hashemzadeh Chaleshtori M, Tabatabaiefar M. Effect of Oxidized Low Density Lipoprotein on the Expression of Runx2 and SPARC Genes in Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells. Iran Biomed J. 2015;19:160-4 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of oxLDL on the osteonectin gene expression through the Runx2 ..
- Mast T, Teske A, vd Heijden J, Groeneweg J, Te Riele A, Velthuis B, et al. Left Ventricular Involvement in Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia/Cardiomyopathy Assessed by Echocardiography Predicts Adverse Clinical Outcome. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2015;28:1103-13.e9 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to test the hypothesis that accurateÂ detection of LV involvement on echocardiography ..
- Montazami N, Kheir Andish M, Majidi J, Yousefi M, Yousefi B, Mohamadnejad L, et al. siRNA-mediated silencing of MDR1 reverses the resistance to oxaliplatin in SW480/OxR colon cancer cells. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2015;61:98-103 pubmed..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of a specific MDR1 small interference RNA (siRNA) on sensitivity of ..
- Picco N, Alustiza F, Bellingeri R, Grosso M, Motta C, Larriestra A, et al. Molecular screening of pathogenic Escherichia coli strains isolated from dairy neonatal calves in Cordoba province, Argentina. Rev Argent Microbiol. 2015;47:95-102 pubmed publisherThe aim of this study was to perform a current molecular characterization of bovine pathogenic Escherichia coli strains isolated from random samplings in Argentinean dairy farms. Rectal swabs were obtained from 395 (63...
- Cigliana G, Torti E, Gulli F, De Santis E, Dell Abate M, Colacicco L, et al. Relationship between circulating syndecan-1 levels (CD138s) and serum free light chains in monoclonal gammopathies. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2015;34:37 pubmed publisher..The aim of our study was to analyze CD138 levels in the serum of patients affected by multiple myeloma or light chain only ..
- Li P, Zhang Z, Jia R, Mao S, Wang M, Jia R, et al. Rescue of a duck circovirus from an infectious DNA clone in ducklings. Virol J. 2015;12:82 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to describe the construction and initial in vivo characterization of full-length DNA clones of ..
- de Barros K, Flores C, Harlacher L, Francesconi C. Evolution of Clinical Behavior in Crohn's Disease: Factors Associated with Complicated Disease and Surgery. Dig Dis Sci. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Establishment of Crohn's disease phenotypes is important for definition of patient care strategies. The aim of the study was to evaluate the long-term evolution of patients based on disease phenotypes and the main factors ..
- Subramaniam M, St Jean B, Taylor N, Kodama C, Follman R, Casciotti D. Bit by bit: using design-based research to improve the health literacy of adolescents. JMIR Res Protoc. 2015;4:e62 pubmed publisher..The aim of this paper is to first mine existing literature to identify the many different skills that have been posited to ..
- Gil E, Garcia D, Froes T. In utero development of the fetal intestine: Sonographic evaluation and correlation with gestational age and fetal maturity in dogs. Theriogenology. 2015;84:681-6 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to describe the ultrasonographic development of fetal bowel and correlate this with gestational ..
- Rosa F, Coutinho M, Ferreira J, Sousa C. Ear malformations, hearing loss and hearing rehabilitation in children with Treacher Collins syndrome. Acta Otorrinolaringol Esp. 2016;67:142-7 pubmed publisherThe aim of this study was to assess the main ear malformations, hearing loss and auditory rehabilitation in children with Treacher Collins syndrome...
- Xia Y, Yin L, Jiang N, Guo W, Tian H, Jiang X, et al. Downregulating HMGA2 attenuates epithelial-mesenchymal transition-induced invasion and migration in nasopharyngeal cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;463:357-63 pubmed publisher..However, whether HMGA2 regulates the EMT in human nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) is unclear. The aim of this study was to investigate the effect and mechanism of HMGA2 in inducing invasion and migration in NPC...
- Lev N, Barhum Y, Ben Zur T, Aharony I, Trifonov L, Regev N, et al. A DJ-1 Based Peptide Attenuates Dopaminergic Degeneration in Mice Models of Parkinson's Disease via Enhancing Nrf2. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0127549 pubmed publisher..Our aim was to examine the possibility of using DJ-1 (PARK7), as a novel therapeutic target for Parkinson's disease...
- Pyshniak V, Fotina I, Zverava A, Siamkouski S, Zayats E, Kopanitsa G, et al. Efficiency of biological versus physical optimization for single-arc VMAT for prostate and head and neck cases. J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2014;15:4514 pubmed publisherThe aim of this work was to compare different approaches to VMAT optimization (biological vs. physical DVH-based) in two commercial treatment planning systems (TPS) for head and neck and prostate cases, using Pareto fronts. VMAT vs...
- Burger H, Vidmar G. A survey of overuse problems in patients with acquired or congenital upper limb deficiency. Prosthet Orthot Int. 2016;40:497-502 pubmed publisher..Our aim was to estimate the frequency of overuse problems in persons after unilateral upper limb deficiency and identify ..
- Qiu Z, Shen C, Song H, Wei W, Luo Q. Differential expression profiling of circulation microRNAs in PTC patients with non-131I and 131I-avid lungs metastases: a pilot study. Nucl Med Biol. 2015;42:499-504 pubmed publisher..The aim of the current study was to identify differential expression profiling of circulation miRNAs in PTC patients with ..
- BÃ¶ttcher D, Sehnem N, Montagner F, Fatturi Parolo C, Grecca F. Evaluation of the Effect of Enterococcus faecalis Biofilm on the 2% Chlorhexidine Substantivity: An In Vitro Study. J Endod. 2015;41:1364-70 pubmed publisherThe aim of this study was to correlate the bacterial viability and the presence of 2% chlorhexidine (CHX) solution on dentin by means of confocal laser scanning microscopy and high-performance liquid chromatography for 48 hours, 7 days, ..
- An L, Chang S, Hu Y, Li Y, Xu B, Zhang F, et al. Efficient cryopreservation of mouse embryos by modified droplet vitrification (MDV). Cryobiology. 2015;71:70-6 pubmed publisherThe aim of this study was to assess modified droplet vitrification (MDV) for the cryopreservation of early developmental mouse embryos...
- Nair S, Satapathy S, Gonzalez H. Sofosbuvir and Simeprevir for Treatment of Recurrent Hepatitis C Infection After Liver Transplant. Exp Clin Transplant. 2017;15:314-319 pubmed publisher..A combination of new antiviral agents has been used for recurrent hepatitis C. We aim to describe the outcomes of recurrent hepatitis C in liver transplant patients treated with simeprevir, sofosbuvir, ..
- Huang R, Gagner M. A Thickness Calibration Device Is Needed to Determine Staple Height and Avoid Leaks in Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy. Obes Surg. 2015;25:2360-7 pubmed publisherLeaks after sleeve gastrectomy (SG) may be due to a mismatch between staple height and tissue thickness. The aim of this study was to determine the range of gastric thicknesses in three areas of stapling...
- Oexle N, Barnes T, Blake C, Bell B, Liese A. Neighborhood fast food availability and fast food consumption. Appetite. 2015;92:227-32 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to evaluate the association between weekly fast-food consumption and both a person's perceived ..
- Casas J, Body M, Gutzwiller F, Giron D, Lazzari C, Pincebourde S, et al. Increasing metabolic rate despite declining body weight in an adult parasitoid wasp. J Insect Physiol. 2015;79:27-35 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study is to relate the respiratory metabolism of a parasitoid with body weight and foraging activity...
- Litwin M, Dubis J, ArczyÅ„ska K, Piotrowska A, Frydlewicz A, Karczewski M, et al. Correlation of HIWI and HILI Expression with Cancer Stem Cell Markers in Colorectal Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2015;35:3317-24 pubmed..The aim of the study was to evaluate the clinical significance of the HIWI and HILI expression and its relationship with ..
- Van Der Velde R, Bours S, Wyers C, Lems W, Geusens P, van den Bergh J. Effect of implementation of guidelines on assessment and diagnosis of vertebral fractures in patients older than 50 years with a recent non-vertebral fracture. Osteoporos Int. 2017;28:3017-3022 pubmed publisher..Our aim was to evaluate the effect of systematic implementation of densitometric VFA in patients with a recent non-VF at ..
- Mao H, Du Y, Zhang Z, Cao B, Zhao J, Zhou H, et al. Nitroxoline shows antimyeloma activity by targeting the TRIM25/p53 axle. Anticancer Drugs. 2017;28:376-383 pubmed publisherThe aim of this study was to identify the most potent quinoline-based anti-infectives for the treatment of multiple myeloma (MM) and to understand the molecular mechanisms...
- Naldini G, Fabiani B, Menconi C, Giani I, Toniolo G, Mascagni D, et al. Treatment of obstructed defecation syndrome due to rectocele and rectal intussusception with a high volume stapler (TST STARR-plus). Tech Coloproctol. 2018;22:53-58 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to assess the safety, efficacy and feasibility of STARR performed with a new dedicated device for ..
- Gonzalez Alonso J, Mora Rodriguez R, Coyle E. Stroke volume during exercise: interaction of environment and hydration. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2000;278:H321-30 pubmedEuhydrated and dehydrated subjects exercised in a hot and a cold environment with our aim to identify factors that relate to reductions in stroke volume (SV)...
- GuimarÃ£es Cunha C, Alvares Saraiva A, de Souza Apostolico J, Popi A. Radiation-resistant B-1 cells: A possible initiating cells of neoplastic transformation. Immunobiology. 2016;221:845-52 pubmed publisher..Herein, we aim to investigate the malignant potential of ionizing-radiation resistant B-1 cells in vitro...
- Li K, Yip R, Avila R, Henschke C, Yankelevitz D. Size and Growth Assessment of Pulmonary Nodules: Consequences of the Rounding. J Thorac Oncol. 2017;12:657-662 pubmed publisherThe aim of this study was to understand the effect of rounding nodule size measurements on the frequency of positive results in the setting of lung cancer screening...
- Rodriguez Padial L, Elola F, Fernandez Perez C, Bernal J, Iniguez A, Segura J, et al. Patterns of inpatient care for acute myocardial infarction and 30-day, 3-month and 1-year cardiac diseases readmission rates in Spain. Int J Cardiol. 2017;230:14-20 pubmed publisher..Our aim was to analyse cardiac diseases (CDs) readmissions in patients with AMI in Spain...
- Liu L, Ren D, Liu F. A Review of Dissimilar Welding Techniques for Magnesium Alloys to Aluminum Alloys. Materials (Basel). 2014;7:3735-3757 pubmed publisher..Mechanical properties of welds such as hardness, tensile, shear and fatigue strength are discussed. The aim of the report is to review the recent progress in the welding of dissimilar Mg and Al to provide a basis for follow-..
- Gorka S, Shankman S. Preliminary evidence that reactivity to uncertain threat is an endophenotype for alcohol use disorder. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2017;180:265-271 pubmed publisher..The aim of the current study was therefore to provide a preliminary test of whether U-threat is an endophenotype for AUD ..
- Korehisa S, Ikeda T, Okano S, Saeki H, Oki E, Oda Y, et al. A novel histological examination with dynamic three-dimensional reconstruction from multiple immunohistochemically stained sections of a PD-L1-positive colon cancer. Histopathology. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to investigate the interrelationship between PD-L1-positive cells and cytotoxic T cells, ..
- Ammar S, Kelebek H, Zribi A, Abichou M, Selli S, Bouaziz M. LC-DAD/ESI-MS/MS characterization of phenolic constituents in Tunisian extra-virgin olive oils: Effect of olive leaves addition on chemical composition. Food Res Int. 2017;100:477-485 pubmed publisherThe aim of the present research is to evaluate the chemical characterization of main compounds from Tunisian monocultivar extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) ('Chemlali', 'Chétoui', 'Zalmati' and 'crossbreeding Chemlali by Zalmati') extracted ..
- Ugolini A, Parodi G, Casali C, Silvestrini Biavati A, Giacinti F. Work-related traumatic dental injuries: Prevalence, characteristics and risk factors. Dent Traumatol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..In addition, little data are available regarding their characteristics. The aim of this epidemiological study was to determine the prevalence, types, and characteristics of occupational traumatic ..
- Li Destri G, Barchitta M, Pesce A, Latteri S, Bosco D, Di Cataldo A, et al. Predictive Value of the Number of Harvested Lymph Nodes and Cut-Off for Lymph Node Ratio in the Prognosis of Stage II and III Colorectal Cancer Patients. J Invest Surg. 2017;:1-7 pubmed publisherPurpose/aim: The appropriate staging of colorectal cancer requires at least 12 lymph nodes to be sampled. We evaluated whether lymph node sampling (LNS) and lymph node ratio (LNR) can predict the prognosis of stage II-III patients.
- Jonker G, Manders L, Marty A, Kalkman C, ten Cate T, Van Gessel E, et al. Variations in assessment and certification in postgraduate anaesthesia training: a European survey. Br J Anaesth. 2017;119:1009-1014 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to compare anaesthesia training programmes in Europe, focusing on assessment and certification ..
- Molins C, Carceller Sindreu M, Navarro H, Carmona C, Piñeiro M, Martínez E, et al. Plasma ratio of clozapine to N-desmethylclozapine can predict cognitive performance in treatment-resistant psychotic patients. Psychiatry Res. 2017;258:153-157 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study is to determine whether clozapine/NDMC ratio can predict cognitive performance in patients with ..
- Sharew B, Mulu A, Teka B, Tesfaye T. HIV-Sero-prevalence trend among blood donors in North East Ethiopia. Afr Health Sci. 2017;17:712-718 pubmed publisher..It is necessary to test all intending blood donors for HIV infection before donation. The aim of this study was to determine the prevalence of HIV among blood donors at Dessie Blood Bank, Northeast Ethiopia.
- Alaca N, Ozbeyli D, Uslu S, Sahin H, Yigitturk G, Kurtel H, et al. Treatment with milk thistle extract (Silybum marianum), ursodeoxycholic acid, or their combination attenuates cholestatic liver injury in rats: Role of the hepatic stem cells. Turk J Gastroenterol. 2017;28:476-484 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of milk thistle (MT, Silybum marianum) and ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA) or ..
- Wen Z, Zhang J, Tang P, Tu N, Wang K, Wu G. Overexpression of miR?185 inhibits autophagy and apoptosis of dopaminergic neurons by regulating the AMPK/mTOR signaling pathway in Parkinson's disease. Mol Med Rep. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The aim of the present study was to investigate the effects of the aberrant expression of microRNA?185 (miR?185) in PD...
- de Boer S, Wortman B, Bosse T, Powell M, Singh N, Hollema H, et al. Clinical consequences of upfront pathology review in the randomised PORTEC-3 trial for high-risk endometrial cancer. Ann Oncol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Pathology review was required prior to patient enrolment. The aim of this analysis was to evaluate the role of central pathology review before randomisation.
- Mitchell J, McIntyre E, English J, Dennis M, Beckham J, Kollins S. A Pilot Trial of Mindfulness Meditation Training for ADHD in Adulthood: Impact on Core Symptoms, Executive Functioning, and Emotion Dysregulation. J Atten Disord. 2017;21:1105-1120 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to assess the feasibility, acceptability, and preliminary efficacy of mindfulness meditation for ..
- Santos G, Oliveira A, Gomes Marcondes M, Areas M. Long-term Leucine Supplementation Improves Metabolic But Not Molecular Responses in the Skeletal Muscle of Trained Rats Submitted to Exhaustive Exercise. J Am Coll Nutr. 2017;36:81-87 pubmed publisher..The main aim of our study was to assess the role of long-term leucine supplementation on molecular and metabolic response in ..
- Waniczek D, Lorenc Z, Snietura M, Wesecki M, Kopec A, Muc Wierzgoń M. Tumor-Associated Macrophages and Regulatory T Cells Infiltration and the Clinical Outcome in Colorectal Cancer. Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz). 2017;: pubmed publisherThe aim of the study is the assessment of the intensity of the infiltration of tumor-associated macrophages (TAMs) CD68+/iNOS- and Tregs CD8+/FoxP3+ in colorectal cancer (CRC) patients as ..
- Cattani F, Vavassori A, Comi S, Gherardi F, Russo S, Orecchia R, et al. Can the Day 0 CT-scan predict the post-implant scanning? Results from 136 prostate cancer patients. Phys Med. 2017;40:66-71 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study is to evaluate the impact of the timing of the post-implant CT-scan on the dosimetric results and to ..
- Tripathi K, Granata I, Guarracino M. A computational integrative approach based on alternative splicing analysis to compare immortalized and primary cancer cells. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2017;91:116-123 pubmed publisher..To this aim, most of them used nucleotide variation or gene expression data...
- Nadin G, Strugarek M, Vauchelet N. Hindrances to bistable front propagation: application to Wolbachia invasion. J Math Biol. 2018;76:1489-1533 pubmed publisher..g. Wolbachia in Aedes mosquitoes): the invading dynamics we model is bistable. We aim at quantifying the propagules (what does it take for an invasion to start?) and the invasive power (how far can an ..
- Maretty Kongstad K, Aggerholm Pedersen N, Keller J, Safwat A. A Validated Prognostic Biomarker Score for Adult Patients with Nonmetastatic Soft Tissue Sarcomas of the Trunk and Extremities. Transl Oncol. 2017;10:942-948 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to determine the prognostic value of pretreatment biomarkers on disease-specific survival (DSS) ..
- Pardini M, Cutter G, Sormani M. Clinical trial design for progressive MS trials. Mult Scler. 2017;23:1642-1648 pubmed publisher..The aim of this review is to evaluate the current challenges facing the design of clinical trials for PMS...
- Kleinknecht Dolf M, Spichiger E, Müller M, Bartholomeyczik S, Spirig R. Advancement of the German version of the moral distress scale for acute care nurses-A mixed methods study. Nurs Open. 2017;4:251-266 pubmed publisher..However, until now, no suitable questionnaire has been available for use in German-speaking contexts. Hence, the aim of this study was to develop and psychometrically test a German-language version of the Moral Distress Scale.
- Sawczyn T, Zimmermann J, Stygar D, Kukla M, Nabrdalik K, Matysiak N, et al. Ileal Transposition (IT) Surgery Changing the Ultrastructure of the Transposed Segment as well as Jejunum. Histomorphometric and Electron Microscopy Analysis. Obes Surg. 2017;: pubmed publisher..However, IT will also have an influence on the related jejunum and ileum function. The aim of this research was to investigate the morphology of the jejunum and transposed ileum with the use of light and ..
- Schulze C, Becker M, Finze S, Holtherm C, Hinder J, Lison A. An evaluation of the significance of individual endogenous risk factors and medical and orthopaedic conditions on physical fitness in military executives. US Army Med Dep J. 2017;:105-110 pubmed..The participants were subjected to retrospective evaluation. The aim of this study was to determine to what extent risk factors for the development of internal and orthopaedic ..
- Huang P, Xin W, Zheng X, Luo F, Li Q, Lv G. Screening of Sceptridium ternatum for antitussive and antiasthmatic activity and associated mechanisms. J Int Med Res. 2017;45:1985-2000 pubmed publisher..The study aim was to screen Sceptridium ternatum for ingredients with antitussive and antiasthmatic effects and to study their ..
- Furuya K, Nagao M, Sato Y, Ito S, Fujisawa T. Predictive values of egg-specific IgE by two commonly used assay systems for the diagnosis of egg allergy in young children: a prospective multicenter study. Allergy. 2016;71:1435-43 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to use two commercial assay systems to determine egg-sIgE values predictive of allergy within the ..
- Tuor U, Deng Q, Rushforth D, Foniok T, Qiao M. Model of minor stroke with mild peri-infarct ischemic injury. J Neurosci Methods. 2016;268:56-65 pubmed publisher..The aim was to modify photothrombosis methods thereby producing both a minor stroke (with adjacent mild damage) or a minor ..
- Liu J, Lu C, Zou Q, Wang S, Peng X. Altered pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of cisatracurium in patients with severe mitral valve regurgitation during anaesthetic induction period. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2017;83:363-369 pubmed publisherThe aim of the current study was to characterize the pharmacokinetics (PK) and pharmacodynamics (PD) of cisatracurium in patients with severe mitral valve regurgitation (MR) during the anaesthetic induction period.
- Mosayebi M, Eslamirad Z, Hajihossein R, Ghorbanzadeh B, Shahverdi M, Didehdar M. Evaluating of fungal contamination in hospital wet cooling systems in Markazi province, Central Iran. J Mycol Med. 2017;27:334-338 pubmed publisher..Wet cooling systems in the hospital environment play a critical role as a source of these infections. The aim of this study was survey of wet cooling system of hospitals for fungal contamination in Arak city...
- Palumbo B, Del Re F, Martorelli M, Lanzotti A, Corrado P. Tensile Properties Characterization of AlSi10Mg Parts Produced by Direct Metal Laser Sintering via Nested Effects Modeling. Materials (Basel). 2017;10: pubmed publisher..For this aim, the present paper focuses on the evaluation of tensile properties of specimens built with different laser exposure ..
- Salas Romero J, GÃ³mez Cabrera K, Aguilera Valle L, Bertot J, Salas J, Arenal A, et al. Helminth egg excretion in horses kept under tropical conditions-Prevalence, distribution and risk factors. Vet Parasitol. 2017;243:256-259 pubmed publisher..The aim of the present work was to characterize the strongylid fauna in horses kept in tropical CamagÃ¼ey, Cuba and ..
- Onan A, Simsek N, Elcin M, Turan S, Erbil B, Deniz K. A review of simulation-enhanced, team-based cardiopulmonary resuscitation training for undergraduate students. Nurse Educ Pract. 2017;27:134-143 pubmed publisher..The aim of the study is to review and synthesize published studies that address the primary question "What are the features ..