Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CD48
Description: CD48 molecule
Alias: BCM1, BLAST, BLAST1, MEM-102, SLAMF2, hCD48, mCD48, B-lymphocyte activation marker BLAST-1, BCM1 surface antigen, CD48 antigen, CD48 antigen (B-cell membrane protein), SLAM family member 2, TCT.1, leukocyte antigen MEM-102, signaling lymphocytic activation molecule 2
Publications187 found, 100 shown here
- Neither an intronic CA repeat within the CD48 gene nor the HERV-K18 polymorphisms are associated with type 1 diabetesE Ramos-Lopez
Department of Internal Medicine I, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, University Hospital Frankfurt, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Tissue Antigens 68:147-52. 2006..Haplotypes were constructed. Additionally, a microsatellite within the CD48 gene was analyzed in German type 1 diabetes families (n=125) as well as in patients (n=375) and in healthy controls ..
- Coexpression of CD58 or CD48 with intercellular adhesion molecule 1 on target cells enhances adhesion of resting NK cellsDomingo F Barber
Laboratory of Immunogenetics, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, MD 20852 1727, USA
J Immunol 170:294-9. 2003..Coexpression of either LFA-3 (CD58) or CD48 with ICAM-1 resulted in strong adhesion by resting NK cells, even in the absence of cytokines...
- The human leucocyte antigen CD48 (MEM-102) is closely related to the activation marker Blast-1V Korinek
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences, Praha
Immunogenetics 33:108-12. 1991..between the broad pan-leucocyte expression of the between the broad pan-leucocyte expression of the MEM-102/CD48 antigen and much more restricted expression of the epitope recognized by the previously described mAb defining the ..
- Structure, expression, and genetic linkage of the mouse BCM1 (OX45 or Blast-1) antigen. Evidence for genetic duplication giving rise to the BCM1 region on mouse chromosome 1 and the CD2/LFA3 region on mouse chromosome 3Y W Wong
Medical Research Council Cellular Immunology Research Unit, Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, England
J Exp Med 171:2115-30. 1990The mouse BCM1 (OX45, Blast-1) antigen has been cDNA cloned and sequenced to provide data supporting the view that BCM1, LFA3, and CD2 constitute a subgroup within the Ig superfamily...
- The association of the protein tyrosine kinases p56lck and p60fyn with the glycosyl phosphatidylinositol-anchored proteins Thy-1 and CD48 in rat thymocytes is dependent on the state of cellular activationD Garnett
MRC Cellular Immunology Unit, Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, GB
Eur J Immunol 23:2540-4. 1993..from detergent lysates and in vitro immune complex kinase reactions the GPI-anchored molecules Thy-1 and CD48 are shown to be associated with multimolecular complexes of phosphoproteins including the protein tyrosine kinases ..
- [Ataxia telangiectasia and characterization of its immunological disorders]S Matsumoto
Department of Pediatrics, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo
No To Hattatsu 22:103-11. 1990..levels of CD 3 and CD 4 positive T lymphocytes, impaired delayed hypersensitivity, hypoplasia of thymus, decreased blast transformation in vitro in response to mitogen or antigenic stimulation, and decreased levels of serum IgA, IgE, ..
- Identification, purification and characterization of a putative novel growth-inhibitory and/or apoptotic protein from rat liverS S Dadke
Cellular Carcinogenesis Laboratory, Cancer Research Institute, Tata Memorial Centre, Parel, Bombay, India
Tumori 84:14-20. 1998..Comparing this sequence using a BLAST protein data base indicated that there was no significant homology between the sequence of the growth-inhibitory ..
- Lymphoepithelioma-like carcinoma of the lung. Two cases diagnosed in Caucasian patientsG Ferrara
Servizio di Anatomia Patologica, Azienda Ospedaliera Gaetano Rummo, Benevento, Italy
Tumori 81:144-7. 1995..The neoplastic nuclei, blast-like in appearance, together with the immunohistochemical profile of the neoplastic cells (positivity for ..
- [Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma complicated by recurrent intractable generalized herpes zoster responsive to long-term acyclovir therapy]K Endo
First Department of Internal Medicine, Saitama Medical School
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 73:341-5. 1999..Involvement of the central nervous system and meninges was diagnosed on September 12, 1997. Blast cells were detected in the peripheral blood on September 26...
- Down-modulation of P210bcr/abl induces apoptosis/differentiation in K562 leukemic blast cellsA B Deora
Chemotherapy and Stem Cell Biology Division, Tata Memorial Center, Parel, Mumbai, India
Tumori 83:756-61. 1997..They are blast cells...
- [Background and prognostic factors of fungemia in patients with hematological disease]H Ujiie
Fifth Department of Internal Medicine, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 72:912-7. 1998..patients with following factors: 1) advanced disease, such as relapse of acute leukemia or malignant lymphoma or blast crisis of chronic myelogenous leukemia; 2) neutrophil count less than 100/microliter; 3) administration of ..
- Clinical evaluation of the efficacy of an in-office desensitizing paste containing 8% arginine and calcium carbonate in providing instant and lasting relief of dentin hypersensitivityThomas Schiff
Scottsdale Center for Dentistry, San Francisco, California, USA
Am J Dent 22:8A-15A. 2009....
- Fibrin glue eliminates the need for packing after complex liver injuriesA J Feinstein
Department of Surgery, University of Miami School of Medicine, FL 33101, USA
Yale J Biol Med 74:315-21. 2001..Anesthetized swine (n = 6, 18 to 19 kg) received an external blast to the right upper abdomen and were immediately anticoagulated with intravenous heparin (200 u/kg)...
- Lymphocyte transformation in cutaneous leishmaniasis patientsP G Sells
Department of Tropical Medicine, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 81:105-16. 1987..and phytohaemagglutinin (PHA) were measured in twenty-three cutaneous leishmaniasis patients, using the lymphocyte blast transformation test (LTT)...
- Levamisole in the treatment of advanced breast cancer. A ten-year follow-up of a randomized studyP Klefström
Department of Radiotherapy and Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Acta Oncol 30:347-52. 1991..The results correlated with potentiation of intracutaneous PPD test. In the lymphocyte blast transformation tests, the suppression of T-cell response to mitogens two weeks after the start of chemotherapy was ..
- The BLAST algorithms: practical application in molecular cloning, marker-assisted selection (MAS) and introgression of wheatP Hernandez
Instituto de Agricultura Sostenible CSIC, Cordoba, Spain
DNA Seq 11:339-47. 2000b>BLAST (Basic Local Alignment Search) analyses of Hordeum chilense RAPD markers have shown DNA sequence similarities with several plant genes...
- Pathologic features of suicidal deaths caused by explosivesM Tsokos
Institute of Legal Medicine, University of Hamburg, Butenfeld 34, 22529 Hamburg, Germany
Am J Forensic Med Pathol 24:55-63. 2003..All explosions were set off in confined spaces. The injury patterns consisted of a combination of primary blast injuries (e.g...
- Kit ligand/mast cell growth factor-independent differentiation of mast cells in myelodysplasia and chronic myeloid leukemic blast crisisP Valent
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Vienna, Austria
Blood 84:4322-32. 1994..Of the 52 patients tested, 2 patients with refractory anemia with excess of blast cells in transformation and 1 patient suffering from chronic myeloid leukemia blast crisis (CML-BC) were diagnosed ..
- Nilotinib for imatinib-resistant or -intolerant chronic myeloid leukemia in chronic phase, accelerated phase, or blast crisis: a single- and multiple-dose, open-label pharmacokinetic study in Chinese patientsLi Zhou
Rui Jin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200025, China
Clin Ther 31:1568-75. 2009..Information on the pharmacokinetics of nilotinib in Chinese patients with CML is lacking, and regulatory requirements for registration of this drug are needed in China...
- Immunotoxicity of cocaethyleneF Chiappelli
Laboratory of Human Oral and Molecular Immunology, UCLA School of Dentistry 90024-1668, USA
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 17:399-417. 1995..The formation of concanavalin A-induced blast cells was decreased by increasing concentrations of cocaethylene...
- Comparing the efficacy in providing instant relief of dentin hypersensitivity of a new toothpaste containing 8.0% arginine, calcium carbonate, and 1450 ppm fluoride relative to a benchmark desensitizing toothpaste containing 2% potassium ion and 1450 ppm S Nathoo
Oral Health Clinical Services LLC, Piscataway, NJ, USA
J Clin Dent 20:123-30. 2009....
- Effects of lentinan on cytotoxic functions of human lymphocytesG Peter
Second Department of Medicine, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 10:157-63. 1988..cell-mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC), lectin-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity (LDCC) and mitogen-induced blast transformation were studied in patients with solid tumors and chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)...
- Eye injuries in twentieth century warfare: a historical perspectiveT Y Wong
Singapore National Eye Center, Singapore
Surv Ophthalmol 41:433-59. 1997..The main causes of eye injury have changed with advances in techniques and weaponry of warfare, with blast fragmentation injuries accounting for 50-80% of cases...
- Tympanic membrane perforation after combat blast exposure in Iraq: a poor biomarker of primary blast injuryCorey D Harrison
Department of Emergency Medicine, UMassMemorial Medical Center, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
J Trauma 67:210-1. 2009..Otologic blast injury and tympanic membrane (TM) perforation have traditionally been used as a predictor, or biomarker, of ..
- Immunotherapy in chronic brucellosis. Effect of levamisole and interferon; mechanisms of action and clinical valueS Printzis
2nd Medical Department, Aristotelian University, Thessaloniki, Greece
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 16:679-93. 1994..The effect of treatment on T lymphocyte blast formation in the presence of PHA, specific cell mediated immunity against brucella antigens, titers of brucella ..
- Fractionated cyclophosphamide added to the IVAP regimen (idarubicin-vincristine-L-asparaginase-prednisone) could lower the risk of primary refractory disease in T-lineage but not B-lineage acute lymphoblastic leukemia: first results from a phase II clinicR Bassan
Ematologia, Ospedali Riuniti, Largo Barozzi 1, 24100 Bergamo, Italy
Haematologica 84:1088-93. 1999..incidence being higher in T-cell or Philadelphia (Ph) chromosome/BCR-ABL rearrangement positive ALL cases with a blast cell count >25x10(9)/L (RES-ALL rate 19%, p=0.04)...
- [Clinical significance of gastrointestinal decontamination under protected environment]T Nagao
Fourth Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Tokai University
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 65:40-6. 1991..Thirty-eight patients with acute leukemia and two patients with blast crisis of chronic myelocytic leukemia were treated under a protected environment with or without prophylactic ..
- The clinical effect of a single direct topical application of a dentifrice containing 8.0% arginine, calcium carbonate, and 1450 ppm fluoride on dentin hypersensitivity: the use of a cotton swab applicator versus the use of a fingertipT Schiff
Scottsdale Center for Dentistry, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Clin Dent 20:131-6. 2009..A secondary objective was to evaluate the effect on dentin hypersensitivity of the dentifrice after seven days of twice-daily at-home brushing, subsequent to the single direct topical application performed at the beginning of the study...
- The proto-oncogene expression varies over the course of chronic myeloid leukemiaAna Vidovic
Institute of Hematology, Clinical Center of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia
Hematology 13:34-40. 2008..The accelerated phase (AP) and blast crisis (BC) of CML are usually manifested by additionally acquired oncogene aberrations, resistance to therapy, ..
- Multiparametric evaluation of retinoic acid-induced terminal differentiation of blastoid cells from acute non-lymphocytic leukemia patients in vitroK S Joshi
Cancer Research Institute, Tata Memorial Centre, Bombay, India
Tumori 75:435-42. 1989..induces terminal granulocytic differentiation of the human promyelocytic leukemia cell line HL-60 in vitro and blast cell maturation in patients suffering from acute non-lymphocytic leukemia (ANLL) prompted an investigation on the ..
- Replantation and revascularization at the transmetacarpal level: long-term functional resultsN Weinzweig
Division of Plastic Surgery, University of Illinois at Chicago 60612 7316, USA
J Hand Surg Am 21:877-83. 1996..Ten patients (11 hands) sustained crush injuries, 1 withstood an explosive blast, and 1 suffered a guillotine amputation...
- Genome signature analysis of thermal virus metagenomes reveals Archaea and thermophilic signaturesDavid T Pride
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases and Geographic Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
BMC Genomics 9:420. 2008..However, study of viral metagenomes has been hampered by its nearly complete reliance on BLAST algorithms for identification of DNA sequences...
- Leukocyte interferon in the treatment of chronic myelogenous leukemia in second chronic phaseA Wahlin
Department of Medicine, University Hospital, , Sweden
Acta Oncol 30:611-5. 1991..treated with 18-42 x 10(6) IU of purified natural leukocyte IFN-alpha per week, after high-dose chemotherapy for blast phase and attainment of 2nd chronic phase...
- Secretion of neutral and acid DNases in cultivated human lymphocytes after incubation with DNA; possible consequences for inhalation anesthesiaM Reitz
, , Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Naturforsch C 50:419-24. 1995..The released DNase activities do not originate from dead cells and are not influenced by blast cell formation. The anesthetic halothane can inhibit the released neutral and acid DNase activities...
- Characterizing high-velocity angular vestibulo-ocular reflex function in service members post-blast exposureMatthew R Scherer
Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Exp Brain Res 208:399-410. 2011..The purpose of this study was to measure angular vestibulo-ocular reflex gain (aVOR) of blast-exposed SMs with TBI during head impulse testing. We also assessed their symptoms during exertion...
- Pharmacodynamic and DNA methylation studies of high-dose 1-beta-D-arabinofuranosyl cytosine before and after in vivo 5-azacytidine treatment in pediatric patients with refractory acute lymphocytic leukemiaV I Avramis
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles 90027
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 24:203-10. 1989The primary development of clinical resistance to 1-beta-D-arabinofuranosyl cytosine (ara-C) in leukemic blast cells is expressed as decreased cellular concentrations of its active anabolite...
- [Clinical efficacy and side effects of STI571 in treatment of patients with chronic myeloid leukemia]Xiao Li Liu
Department of Hematology, Nanfang Hospital, The First Military Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, 510515, PR China
Ai Zheng 23:421-5. 2004..and greatly improve the clinic curative effect on CML in chronic phase, its effect on CML in accelerated phase and blast crisis is not clear...
- Progression of chronic myeloid leukemia to blast crisis during treatment with imatinib mesylateYin Xu
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 128:980-5. 2004..In addition to disease refractoriness, rare instances of disease progression from chronic phase to blast crisis during imatinib therapy have recently been anecdotally reported.
- Injuries to the bowel and bladderE E Cornwell
Division of Trauma Critical Care, Howard University College of Medicine, Washington, DC
J Natl Med Assoc 84:971-2. 1992..Intestinal perforations following penetrating trauma are caused by direct penetration or by blast effect, and are most commonly diagnosed by physical examination (signs of peritoneal irritation) or peritoneal ..
- Genetic differentiation of Magnaporthe oryzae populations from scouting plots and commercial rice fields in KoreaS Y Park
Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Center for Fungal Genetic Resources, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Phytopathology 98:436-42. 2008A previous study of the diversity and population structure of the rice blast fungus, Magnaporthe oryzae, over a 20-year period in Korea, found novel fingerprint haplotypes each year, and the authors hypothesized that populations might ..
- Imatinib combined with mitoxantrone/etoposide and cytarabine is an effective induction therapy for patients with chronic myeloid leukemia in myeloid blast crisisStefan Fruehauf
Internal Medicine V, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer 109:1543-9. 2007..allogeneic stem cell transplantation (allo-SCT), the prognosis of patients with chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) in blast crisis remains poor...
- Non-explosive blast injury of the tympanic membrane in Umuahia, NigeriaF T Orji
Department of Otolarlaryngology, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital Ituku Ozalla, Enugu State, Nigeria
Niger J Med 18:365-9. 2009To examine the clinical features and causes of non-explosive blast injury to the ear, as well as the frequency of the State police involvement.
- Homotypic cell to cell cross-talk among human natural killer cells reveals differential and overlapping roles of 2B4 and CD2Eun Ok Kim
Department of Biochemistry, Division of Brain Korea 21 Program for Biomedical Science, Global Research Lab, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Biol Chem 285:41755-64. 2010Human natural killer (NK) cells express an abundant level of 2B4 and CD2 on their surface. Their counter-receptors, CD48 and CD58, are also expressed on the NK cell surface, raising a question about the functional consequences of ..
- IDH1 and IDH2 mutation studies in 1473 patients with chronic-, fibrotic- or blast-phase essential thrombocythemia, polycythemia vera or myelofibrosisA Tefferi
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Leukemia 24:1302-9. 2010..thrombocythemia (ET), 421 polycythemia vera (PV), 312 primary myelofibrosis (PMF), 95 post-PV/ET MF and 51 blast-phase MPN. A total of 38 IDH mutations (18 IDH1-R132, 19 IDH2-R140 and 1 IDH2-R172) were detected: 5 (0...
- Isochromosome 17q in blast crisis of chronic myeloid leukemia and in other hematologic malignancies is the result of clustered breakpoints in 17p11 and is not associated with coding TP53 mutationsT Fioretos
Department of Clinical Genetics, Lund University Hospital, Sweden
Blood 94:225-32. 1999..We have analyzed 21 hematologic malignancies (8 CML in blast crisis, 8 myelodysplastic syndromes [MDS], 2 acute myeloid leukemias, 2 chronic lymphocytic leukemias, and 1 acute ..
- Gunshot wound injury of the testis: the use of tunica vaginalis and polytetrafluoroethylene grafts for reconstructionGenoa Goetz Ferguson
Division of Urologic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Urol 178:2462-5. 2007Gunshot wounds to the scrotum and testis are rare. Blast injury from gunshot wounds can result in blast defects that are difficult to close...
- Outcome of tissue sparing surgical intervention in mine blast limb injuriesMohammad Iqbal Khan
Department of Surgery, Islamic International Medical College, Rawalpindi
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 16:773-6. 2006To describe the pattern of mine blast limb injuries in civilian population of Kashmir, to evaluate the outcome of tissue sparing surgical intervention in these injuries and to determine the sensitivity of hand-held percutaneous Doppler ..
- Polyphasic taxonomic analysis establishes Mycobacterium indicus pranii as a distinct speciesVikram Saini
Department of Biochemistry, University of Delhi South Campus, New Delhi, India
PLoS ONE 4:e6263. 2009..vaccae. The novelty of this bacterium was accredited to its immunological ability to undergo antigen driven blast transformation of leukocytes and delayed hypersensitivity skin test in leprosy patients, a disease endemic in the ..
- Chronic myeloid leukemia with monoclonal gammopathy terminating in myeloid crisis and immunoblastic lymphomaL M Larocca
Instituti di Anatomia Patologica, , Roma, Italy
Tumori 75:106-9. 1989A patient, with chronic myeloid leukemia and IgA monoclonal gammopathy, who contemporaneously developed myeloid blast crisis and immunoblastic lymphoma is reported...
- Chemical and mineralogical characterization of blast-furnace sludge from an abandoned landfillTim Mansfeldt
Arbeitsgruppe Bodenkunde and Bodenökologie, Fakultät für Geowissenschaften, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, D 44780 Bochum, Germany
Environ Sci Technol 38:5977-84. 2004b>Blast-furnace sludge is generated during the production of pig iron and is disposed of in the environment in large surface landfills...
- Abdominal trauma after terrorist bombing attacks exhibits a unique pattern of injuryMiklosh Bala
Department of General Surgery and Trauma Unit, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Ann Surg 248:303-9. 2008The recent growth in the volume of civilian blast trauma caused by terrorist bombings warrants special attention to the specific pattern of injury associated with such attacks.
- Blast injury of the ears: the experience from Yala Hospital, Southern ThailandSunee Tungsinmunkong
Otolaryngology Unit, Yala Provincial Hospital, Yala, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 90:2662-8. 2007To report acute and subacute consequences of blast injury to the ear from terrorists' bombings experienced from Yala Provincial Hospital, Southern Thailand
- Characteristics and rehabilitation outcomes among patients with blast and other injuries sustained during the Global War on TerrorNina A Sayer
Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research, VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 89:163-70. 2008To describe characteristics and rehabilitation outcomes among patients who received inpatient rehabilitation for blast and other injuries sustained in Iraq and Afghanistan during the Global War on Terror.
- [Blast injuries of the hands. Patterns of trauma and plastic surgical treatment]G A Giessler
Berufsgenossenschaftliche Unfallklinik Ludwigshafen, Plastische und Handchirurgie der Universität Heidelberg, Ludwig Guttmann Strasse 13, 67071 Ludwigshafen, Deutschland
Unfallchirurg 109:956-63. 2006b>Blast injuries of the hand represent a demanding surgical emergency for the reconstructive hand surgeon...
- N-ras mutations in myeloid leukemiasG Saglio
Tumori 75:337-40. 1989..at onset and in four patients with Ph1 positive chronic myelogeneous leukemia (CML) either in chronic phase or in blast crisis. Four remission samples and four relapses from the AML cases were also studied...
- Blast injury in a civilian trauma setting is associated with a delay in diagnosis of traumatic brain injuryGrant V Bochicchio
R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, Division of Clinical and Outcomes Research, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Am Surg 74:267-70. 2008High-pressure waves (blast) account for the majority of combat injuries and are becoming increasingly common in terrorist attacks...
- Pathology of blast-related brain injuryJeffery D Kocsis
Yale University School of Medicine, Neuroscience Research Center 127A, VA CT Healthcare System, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 46:667-72. 2009..Direct injuries to the brain result from rapid shifts in air pressure (primary blast injury), from impacts with munitions fragments and other objects propelled by the explosion (secondary blast ..
- Prognostic study of continuous variables (white blood cell count, peripheral blast cell count, haemoglobin level, platelet count and age) in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. Analysis Of a population of 1545 children treated by the French Acute LymJ Donadieu
, Institut Gustave Roussy, rue Camille Desmoulins, Villejuif, 94800, France
Br J Cancer 83:1617-22. 2000..to categorize continuous variables in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (white blood cell count, peripheral blast cell count, haemoglobin level, platelet count and age), and have been used to define therapeutic subgroups...
- TF Target Mapper: a BLAST search tool for the identification of Transcription Factor target genesSebastiaan Horsman
Department of Cell Biology, Erasmus Medical Center, Dr Molewaterplein 50, 3015GE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Bioinformatics 7:120. 2006..Routinely, thousands of such sequenced clones are used in BLAST searches to map their exact location in the genome and the genes located in the vicinity...
- What is the role of JAK2(V617F) mutation in leukemic transformation of myeloproliferative neoplasms?Rodrigo Lopes da Silva
Servico de Hematologia, Hospital Santo António dos Capuchos CHLC, Lisboa, Portugal
Lab Hematol 17:12-6. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate both the JAK2(V617F) mutational status of the rare cases in which blast crisis occurred in our institution and the response after intensive treatment.
- Biomechanical assessment of brain dynamic responses due to blast pressure wavesM S Chafi
Department of Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 58105 5285, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 38:490-504. 2010..element method (FEM) that implements a simultaneous conduction of explosive detonation, shock wave propagation, blast-head interactions, and the confronting human head...
- Activity of a specific inhibitor of the BCR-ABL tyrosine kinase in the blast crisis of chronic myeloid leukemia and acute lymphoblastic leukemia with the Philadelphia chromosomeB J Druker
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201, USA
N Engl J Med 344:1038-42. 2001..in patients in the chronic phase, we evaluated STI571 (formerly known as CGP 57148B), a specific inhibitor of the BCR-ABL tyrosine kinase, in patients who had CML in blast crisis and in patients with ALL who had the Ph chromosome.
- Fold-recognition and comparative modeling of human alpha2,3-sialyltransferases reveal their sequence and structural similarities to CstII from Campylobacter jejuniM S Sujatha
School of Biosciences and Bioengineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400 076, India
BMC Struct Biol 6:9. 2006..Sequence alignment algorithms such as BLAST and PSI-BLAST could not detect a homolog of these enzymes from the protein databank...
- Predictors of mortality in close proximity blast injuries during Operation Iraqi FreedomThomas J Nelson
Department of Surgery, Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton, Marine Corps Base, Camp Pendleton, CA 92055, USA
J Am Coll Surg 202:418-22. 2006b>Blast injury is an increasingly common problem faced by military surgeons in the field. Because of urban terrorism worldwide, blast injury is becoming more common in the civilian sector as well...
- Susceptibility of rice to the blast fungus, Magnaporthe griseaCecile Ribot
UMR 5240 CNRS UCB INSA BCS, Bayer CropScience, 14 20 rue Pierre Baizet BP9163, 69263 Lyon Cedex 09, France
J Plant Physiol 165:114-24. 2008The interaction between rice and the blast fungus Magnaporthe grisea is the focus of extensive studies on rice disease resistance and fungal infection mechanisms...
- Influence of spray equipment and water volume on coverage of citrus and control of citricola scale, Coccus pseudomagnoliarum (Hemiptera: Coccidae) with mineral oilP Chueca
Centro de Agroingeniería, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Agrarias IVIA, Ctra de Moncada a Náquera km 4, 5, Moncada 46113 Valencia, Spain
J Econ Entomol 102:296-303. 2009..5 liters/ha of an nC24 agricultural mineral oil treatment applied by two different methods: a conventional air blast sprayer and a rotary atomizer...
- Human embryonic stem cells hemangioblast express HLA-antigensGrzegorz Wladyslaw Basak
Rebecca and John Moore s Cancer Center, University of California, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Transl Med 7:27. 2009..We hypothesized that these cells with dual hematopoietic/endothelial potential could be used in future regenerative medicine...
- Blast lung injuryScott M Sasser
Department of Emergency Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Prehosp Emerg Care 10:165-72. 2006..This results in the formation of a blast wave that travels out from the epicenter of the blast...
- Cognitive deficits following blast injury-induced neurotrauma: possible involvement of nitric oxideI Cernak
Institute for Medical Research, Military Medical Academy, Belgrade, Yugoslavia
Brain Inj 15:593-612. 2001b>Blast injuries, that is injuries caused by the complex pressure wave generated by some explosions, show increasing frequency throughout the world...
- Computational biology - modeling of primary blast effects on the central nervous systemDavid F Moore
Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Building 1, Room B207, 6900 Georgia Avenue NW, Washington DC 20309 5001, USA
Neuroimage 47:T10-20. 2009..in these particular conflicts as opposed to others is unclear but may result from the increased survivability of blast due to improvements in body armor...
- Diffusion tensor imaging of mild to moderate blast-related traumatic brain injury and its sequelaeHarvey S Levin
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Neurotrauma 27:683-94. 2010To evaluate the effects of mild to moderate blast-related traumatic brain injury (TBI) on the microstructure of brain white matter (WM) and neurobehavioral outcomes, we studied 37 veterans and service members (mean age 31.5 years, SD = 7...
- Blast injury research modelsE Kirkman
Biomedical Sciences, Dstl Porton Down, Salisbury SP4 0JQ, UK
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 366:144-59. 2011b>Blast injuries are an increasing problem in both military and civilian practice...
- Binding properties and proliferative effects of human recombinant granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor in primary leukemia and lymphomaY F Piao
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo
Jpn J Cancer Res 80:887-94. 1989Binding of radiolabeled human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) was studied with blast cells from eight patients with acute myeloblastic leukemia (AML), and neoplastic lymphoid cells from one patient with acute ..
- Traumatic axial dislocations of the carpusM Garcia Elias
Department of Orthopedics, Mayo Clinic Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minn 55905
J Hand Surg Am 14:446-57. 1989..Most of these were crush or blast injuries...
- Primary blast injuries to the eye: a review of the evidenceR Abbotts
Biomedical Sciences, Defence Science and Technology Laboratory, Porton, Salisbury, SP4 0JQ
J R Army Med Corps 153:119-23. 2007..The majority of these are caused by secondary fragments. Primary blast injury to the eye (from the air-blast alone) has been described historically, but the differentiation of air-blast ..
- Bomb blast mass casualty incidents: initial triage and management of injuriesS H Goh
Accident and Emergency Department, Changi General Hospital, Singapore
Singapore Med J 50:101-6. 2009Bomb blast injuries are no longer confined to battlefields. With the ever present threat of terrorism, we should always be prepared for bomb blasts...
- Effect of dipyridamole, theophyllamine and verapamil on spontaneous in vitro proliferation of myelogenous leukaemia cellsO Bruserud
Medical Department, Haukeland Sykehus, Bergen, Norway
Acta Oncol 31:53-8. 1992..with acute myelogenous leukaemia (n = 9), chronic myelogenous leukaemia in first chronic phase (n = 4) and blast phase (n = 1)...
- Physiological and cytological mechanisms of silicon-induced resistance in rice against blast diseaseKunzheng Cai
Institute of Tropical and Subtropical Ecology, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou 510642, China
Physiol Plant 134:324-33. 2008Rice (Oryza sativa L.) blast disease caused by Magnaporthe grisea is one of the most destructive diseases in the rice-growing areas of the world. Silicon is an important nutritional element especially for rice...
- Dynamic axial carpal instability: a case reportA Y Shin
Naval Medical Center San Diego, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, CA, USA
J Hand Surg Am 24:781-5. 1999The concept of distal carpal row dissociation is not new. It has occurred secondary to high-energy crush or blast injuries, with resultant axial dislocations of both carpal rows and metacarpals...
- Imatinib activity in vitro in tumor cells from patients with chronic myeloid leukemia in chronic phase and blast crisisUlla Olsson-Stromberg
Department of Hematology, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Anticancer Drugs 17:631-9. 2006..In nine samples (six chronic phase, three blast crisis), the drug sensitivities in tumor cells from blood versus from bone marrow and fresh tumor cells versus ..
- Traumatic dislocations of the distal carpal rowC H Pai
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Fangliao General Hospital, Pingtung, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Hand Surg Br 19:576-83. 199413 patients who sustained high-energy crush or blast injury of the carpal bones were reviewed after a mean follow-up period of 30 months...
- Rays as weaponsH Vogel
Asklepios Klinik St Georg, Röntgenabteilung, Lohmuhlenstrasse 5, 20099 Hamburg, Germany
Eur J Radiol 63:167-77. 2007..However, there are differences between a nuclear bomb explosion, the largest imaginable accident in a nuclear power plant, and an attack with a dirty bomb. It is intended to point them out...
- [A new prognostic stratification for patients with acute myeloid leukemia]Bo Jiang
Institute of Hematology and Blood Diseases Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Tianjin 300020, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 48:316-20. 2009..To refine AML risk-stratification by combining the percentage of residual blast cells (T1 or/and T2) with cytogenetic data based the South West Oncology Group (SWOG) criteria.
- [Intracellular retention of cytarabine-triphosphate (Ara-CTP) in blasts of children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Correlation with clinical course parameters]M Schiller
Klinik und Poliklinik für Kinderheilkunde, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster
Klin Padiatr 208:151-9. 1996..Therefore, the role of intracellular Ara-CTP formation and retention was investigated in blast cells from children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
- Morphological diagnoses of the Japan adult leukemia study group acute myeloid leukemia protocols: central reviewK Kuriyama
Department of Hematology and Molecular Medicine, Atomic Bomb Disease Institute, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Japan
Int J Hematol 73:93-9. 2001..The survival of patients with >50% myeloperoxidase (MPO)-positive blast cells was better than those with < or =50% MPO+ blast cells in AML-87/-89...
- Morphologic, immunologic, and cytogenetic characteristics of secondary acute unclassifiable leukemia in Hodgkin's diseaseA Orazi
Divisione di Anatomia Patologica e Citologia, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milano, Italia
Tumori 74:439-50. 1988b>Blast cells from five cases of secondary unclassifiable leukemia following therapy for Hodgkin's disease were studied by cytochemical, immunological and cytogenetic analyses...
- Use of combined myeloperoxidase and immunogold technique in hybrid leukemia: a case reportV T Shetty
Electron Microscope Department, Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre, Bombay, India
Ultrastruct Pathol 16:569-75. 1992A case of hybrid leukemia is presented. A 30-year-old man had two blast cell populations with bone marrow...
- Blast resistance in rice: a review of conventional breeding to molecular approachesG Miah
Laboratory of Food Crops, Institute of Tropical Agriculture, Universiti Putra Malaysia UPM, 43400, UPM Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Mol Biol Rep 40:2369-88. 2013b>Blast disease caused by the fungal pathogen Magnaporthe oryzae is the most severe diseases of rice...
- Impact of moderate blast exposures on thrombin biomarkers assessed by calibrated automated thrombography in ratsVictor Prima
1 Banyan Laboratories, Inc, Alachua, Florida
J Neurotrauma 30:1881-7. 2013Severe blast exposures are frequently complicated with fatal intracranial hemorrhages. However, many more sustain low level blasts without tissue damage detectable by brain imaging...
- Genetic dissection of rice blast resistance by QTL mapping approach using an F3 populationS Ashkani
Department of Crop Science, Faculty of Agriculture, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 UPM, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Mol Biol Rep 40:2503-15. 2013Rice blast is one of the major fungal diseases that badly reduce rice production in Asia including Malaysia...
- Acute mitochondrial dysfunction after blast exposure: potential role of mitochondrial glutamate oxaloacetate transaminasePeethambaran Arun
Blast Induced Neurotrauma Branch, Center for Military Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, Maryland
J Neurotrauma 30:1645-51. 2013..Acute deleterious effects of single and repeated blast exposure can lead to long-term neurobiological effects and neuropsychiatric deficits...
- Blast-related traumatic brain injuryJeffrey V Rosenfeld
Department of Surgery, Monash University, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Lancet Neurol 12:882-93. 2013A bomb blast may cause the full severity range of traumatic brain injury (TBI), from mild concussion to severe, penetrating injury...
- Modeling clinically relevant blast parameters based on scaling principles produces functional & histological deficits in ratsRyan C Turner
Department of Neurosurgery, West Virginia University, School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV, USA Center for Neuroscience, West Virginia University, School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV, USA
Exp Neurol 248:520-9. 2013b>Blast-induced traumatic brain injury represents a leading cause of injury in modern warfare with injury pathogenesis poorly understood...
- Rat injury model under controlled field-relevant primary blast conditions: acute response to a wide range of peak overpressuresMaciej Skotak
Department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, University of Nebraska Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
J Neurotrauma 30:1147-60. 2013We evaluated the acute (up to 24 h) pathophysiological response to primary blast using a rat model and helium driven shock tube...
- Effects of antioxidant treatment on blast-induced brain injuryXiaoping Du
Hough Ear Institute, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e80138. 2013b>Blast-induced traumatic brain injury has dramatically increased in combat troops in today's military operations. We previously reported that antioxidant treatment can provide protection to the peripheral auditory end organ, the cochlea...
- Candidate defense genes from rice, barley, and maize and their association with qualitative and quantitative resistance in riceJ Ramalingam
Department of Plant Pathology, 4024 Throckmorton Plant Sciences Center, Kansas State University, Manhattan 66506 5502, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 16:14-24. 2003..putative defense response [DR]) were used as molecular markers to test for association with resistance in rice to blast, bacterial blight (BB), sheath blight, and brown plant-hopper (BPH)...
- Development of a finite element model for blast brain injury and the effects of CSF cavitationMatthew B Panzer
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Duke University, 136 Hudson Hall, Box 90281, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 40:1530-44. 2012b>Blast-related traumatic brain injury is the most prevalent injury for combat personnel seen in the current conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, yet as a research community,we still do not fully understand the detailed etiology and ..
- Comparing the efficacy in providing instant relief of dentin hypersensitivity of a new toothpaste containing 8.0% arginine, calcium carbonate, and 1450 ppm fluoride to a benchmark desensitizing toothpaste containing 2% potassium ion and 1450 ppm fluoride,F Ayad
Canadian Clinical Research Center, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Dent 20:115-22. 2009....
- An automatic MEG low-frequency source imaging approach for detecting injuries in mild and moderate TBI patients with blast and non-blast causesMing Xiong Huang
Radiology, Research, Rehab, and Psychiatry Services, VA San Diego Healthcare System, San Diego, CA, USA
Neuroimage 61:1067-82. 2012..source imaging method and applied this method in 45 mild TBI (23 from combat-related blasts, and 22 from non-blast causes) and 10 moderate TBI patients (non-blast causes)...
- Blast-induced biomechanical loading of the rat: an experimental and anatomically accurate computational blast injury modelAravind Sundaramurthy
Department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, University of Nebraska Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
J Neurotrauma 29:2352-64. 2012b>Blast waves generated by improvised explosive devices (IEDs) cause traumatic brain injury (TBI) in soldiers and civilians...
- Effect of blast exposure on the brain structure and cognition in Macaca fascicularisJia Lu
Defence Medical and Environmental Research Institute, DSO National Laboratories, Singapore 117510
J Neurotrauma 29:1434-54. 2012b>Blast injury to the brain is one of the major causes of death and can also significantly affect cognition and physical and psychological skills in survivors of blast...
- Improved manufacture of bone transport platesTIMOTHY MULONE; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, segmental bone loss may result from blast injuries, high impact trauma, or repeated surgical debridement for treatment of chronic osteomyelitis of the ..
- AID-mediated genetic instability in BCR-ABL1-transformed B cell lineage leukemiaMARKUS MUSCHEN; Fiscal Year: 2009..In a subgroup of patients with CML, however, the disease progresses into B lymphoid blast crisis (CML-LBC), in which treatment responses are as short-lived as in Ph+ ALL...
- AID-mediated genetic instability in BCR-ABL1-transformed B cell lineage leukemiaMARKUS MUSCHEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..In a subgroup of patients with CML, however, the disease progresses into B lymphoid blast crisis (CML-LBC), in which treatment responses are as short-lived as in Ph+ ALL...
- Src Kinases in Ph+ Lymphoblastic LeukemiaShaoguang Li; Fiscal Year: 2009..Gleevec) is highly effective in treating chronic phase CML patients, but is much less effective in treating CML blast crisis and Ph+ B-ALL patients...
- Leukemia Stem Cells: Essential Targets for GVL and Mediators of GVL-ResistanceWarren D Shlomchik; Fiscal Year: 2010..The basis for differential susceptibility, even between such closely related leukemias as CP-CML and GVL-resistant blast crisis CML (BC-CML) is unknown...
- Arsenic Based Therapy of Bcr Abl Positive LeukemiasKapil Bhalla; Fiscal Year: 2003The leukemic clone in virtually all of the patients with chronic myeloid leukemia with blast crisis (CML-BC) and approximately one-third of the adults with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) expresses the bcr-abl fusion gene encoded p210 ..
- Sequence Based FISH Analysis of Philadelphia ChromosomesJOAN KNOLL; Fiscal Year: 2003..These deletions appear to be prognostic for early blast crisis. We hypothesize that these deletions result in hemizygosity of additional genes adjacent to ABLI...
- Survival Mechanisms of Cancer-initiating (Stem) Cells in Ph+ LeukemiaShaoguang Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..imatinib mesylate (Gleevec) are highly effective in treating chronic phase CML patients, but not more advanced CML blast crisis and Ph+ B-ALL patients...
- Survival Mechanisms of Cancer-initiating (Stem) Cells in Ph+ LeukemiaShaoguang Li; Fiscal Year: 2010..imatinib mesylate (Gleevec) are highly effective in treating chronic phase CML patients, but not more advanced CML blast crisis and Ph+ B-ALL patients...
- ELECTRICAL ARC INJURY PARAMETERS AND PREVENTIONMARY CAPELLI SCHELLPFEFFER; Fiscal Year: 2001..The development of computerized 3-dimensional (3D) models for electrical arc events and their use in severity rating blast conditions for planning triage and prevention is proposed...
- Role of RNA Binding Proteins in BCR/ABL LeukemogenesisDanilo Perrotti; Fiscal Year: 2010..We extensively reported that altered mRNA metabolism is a key feature of blast crisis CML (CML-BC). Indeed, loss-of-function of tumor suppressors (e.g...
- Role of RNA Binding Proteins in BCR/ABL LeukemogenesisDanilo Perrotti; Fiscal Year: 2009..We extensively reported that altered mRNA metabolism is a key feature of blast crisis CML (CML-BC). Indeed, loss-of-function of tumor suppressors (e.g...
- Role of Redox Dependent Signaling in LeukemiaJoya Chandra; Fiscal Year: 2010..as imatinib mesylate, have dramatically altered the treatment of chronic phase disease, but are less effective in blast crisis and against specific point mutations in BCR/ABL...
- Role of Redox Dependent Signaling in LeukemiaJoya Chandra; Fiscal Year: 2009..as imatinib mesylate, have dramatically altered the treatment of chronic phase disease, but are less effective in blast crisis and against specific point mutations in BCR/ABL...
- "BCR/ABL-PI-3k-ROS pathway induce genomic instability ...."Tomasz Skorski; Fiscal Year: 2010..CML usually starts as a relatively benign chronic phase (CML-CP), which progresses to an aggressive disease - blast crisis (CML-BC)...
- The Role of BCR/ABL in Regulating DNA RepairMartin Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2007..However whether BCR/ABL expression directly causes blast crisis, and if so by what mechanism, is unknown...
- Therapeutic Mechanisms in Chronic Myelogenous LeukemiaGeorge Daley; Fiscal Year: 2005..leukocytosis during the initial chronic phase of CML, but does nothing to alter the inevitable development of blast crisis, an acute leukemia that ultimately proves fatal...
- The Role of BCR/ABL in Regulating DNA RepairMartin Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2005..However whether BCR/ABL expression directly causes blast crisis, and if so by what mechanism, is unknown...
- Graft Versus Leukemia Against Murine Chronic Phase & Blast Crisis CMLWarren Shlomchik; Fiscal Year: 2007..In spite of this success, alloimmune therapy has two principle weaknesses. First, many neoplasms including CML in blast crisis (BC-CML), are GVL-resistant. The basis for this differential susceptibility is unknown...
- Mechanisms mediating hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell traffickingPaul S Frenette; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, we have found that these Nestin+ cells are anatomically and functionally associated with CD150+ CD48- Lin- HSCs near blood vessels of the BM...
- B Cell Lymphoma TherapyYong Choi; Fiscal Year: 2009..However, virtually all patients undergo blast transformation, becoming refractory to the currently available treatment...
- B Cell Lymphoma TherapyYong Sung Choi; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, virtually all patients undergo blast transformation, becoming refractory to the currently available treatment...
- B Cell Lymphoma TherapyYong Choi; Fiscal Year: 2007..However, virtually all patients undergo blast transformation, becoming refractory to the currently available treatment...
- Targeting protein synthesis in AMLARTHUR FRANKEL; Fiscal Year: 2006..These molecules consist of the catalytic and translocation domains of diphtheria toxin (DT388) fused to leukemic blast selective ligands...
- Immune and genetic determinants of murine glomerulonephritisElahna Paul; Fiscal Year: 2009Abstract CD48 is a member of the SLAM/CD2 family of leukocyte cell surface regulatory molecules whose gene is located within the lupus-associated Sle1b region of mouse chromosome 1. C57BL/6 (B6) mice with genetic ablation of CD48 (B6...
- Immune and genetic determinants of murine glomerulonephritisElahna Paul; Fiscal Year: 2009b>CD48 is a member of the SLAM/CD2 family of leukocyte cell surface regulatory molecules whose gene is located within the lupus-associated Sle1b region of mouse chromosome 1. C57BL/6 (B6) mice with genetic ablation of CD48 (B6...
- Immune and genetic determinants of murine glomerulonephritisElahna Paul; Fiscal Year: 2010b>CD48 is a member of the SLAM/CD2 family of leukocyte cell surface regulatory molecules whose gene is located within the lupus-associated Sle1b region of mouse chromosome 1. C57BL/6 (B6) mice with genetic ablation of CD48 (B6...
- MDR Gene Polymorphisms in AMLMaria Baer; Fiscal Year: 2007..These CALGB clinical trials, with outcome data on over 1800 treated patients and cryopreserved pretreatment blast samples, represent a gold mine for further discovery related to the role of MDR proteins in drug response...
- Anthrax spore-surface antigens for biosensor developmentManohar John; Fiscal Year: 2004..Genes isolated using this combination strategy, will then be identified by a BLAST search against sequences contained in the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) non-redundant ..
- Urological Studies of Ideopathic Lower Tract SyndromeJOHN KRIEGER; Fiscal Year: 2005..Sequences will be compared to available databases using BLAST searches and phylogeny software...