Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CD47
Description: CD47 molecule
Alias: IAP, MER6, OA3, CD47 antigen (Rh-related antigen, integrin-associated signal transducer), CD47 glycoprotein, Rh-related antigen, antigen identified by monoclonal antibody 1D8, antigenic surface determinant protein OA3, integrin associated protein, integrin-associated protein, integrin-associated signal transducer, leukocyte surface antigen CD47
Publications192 found, 100 shown here
- CD47 ligation induces caspase-independent cell death in chronic lymphocytic leukemiaV Mateo
Laboratoire d allergie, Centre de recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Hopital Notre Dame, 1560 rue Sherbrooke Est, Université de Montréal H2L 4M1, Quebec, Canada
Nat Med 5:1277-84. 1999..We report here that engagement of CD47, a newly described thrombospondin receptor, by immobilized monoclonal antibody against CD47 or by thrombospondin ..
- Thrombospondin-1 acts via IAP/CD47 to synergize with collagen in alpha2beta1-mediated platelet activationJ Chung
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics and Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Blood 94:642-8. 1999Integrin-associated protein (IAP; or CD47) is a receptor for the cell binding domain (CBD) of thrombospondin-1 (TS1)...
- C-terminal peptide of thrombospondin-1 induces platelet aggregation through the Fc receptor gamma-chain-associated signaling pathway and by agglutinationD Tulasne
Department of Pharmacology, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
Blood 98:3346-52. 2001..to induce platelet aggregation and to bind to the integrin-associated protein (IAP), which is also known as CD47. In this study, it was discovered that 4N1-1 or its derivative peptide, 4N1K, induces rapid phosphorylation of the ..
- Adhesion of human T cells to antigen-presenting cells through SIRPbeta2-CD47 interaction costimulates T-cell proliferationLaura Piccio
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Blood 105:2421-7. 2005..SIRPalpha binds CD47 and inhibits the function of macrophages, dendritic cells, and granulocytes, whereas SIRPbeta1 is an orphan ..
- Neuronal regulation of immune responses in the central nervous systemLi Tian
Neuroscience Center, University of Helsinki, Viikinkaari 4, FIN 00014, Helsinki, Finland
Trends Immunol 30:91-9. 2009..In addition, we specifically deal with the immune functions of neuronal cell adhesion molecules, many of which are key modulators of neuronal synaptic formation and plasticity...
- CD47 in the immune response: role of thrombospondin and SIRP-alpha reverse signalingMarika Sarfati
Immunoregulation Laboratory, Centre de recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Hôpital Notre Dame Pavillon Mailloux, M4211K, 1560 Sherbrooke Est Montreal, QC H2L4M1, Canada
Curr Drug Targets 9:842-50. 2008..b>CD47 and its two ligands, i.e...
- Integrin-associated protein: a 50-kD plasma membrane antigen physically and functionally associated with integrinsE Brown
Department of Medicine, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63110
J Cell Biol 111:2785-94. 1990..For this reason, we call it Integrin-associated Protein (IAP). We hypothesize that IAP may play a role in signal transduction for enhanced phagocytosis by Arg-Gly-Asp ligands.
- Paired receptor specificity explained by structures of signal regulatory proteins alone and complexed with CD47Deborah Hatherley
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, Oxford, OX1 3RE, UK
Mol Cell 31:266-77. 2008b>CD47 is a widely distributed cell-surface protein that acts a marker of self through interactions of myeloid and neural cells...
- CD47 and the 19 kDa interacting protein-3 (BNIP3) in T cell apoptosisLaurence Lamy
Unité INSERM 576 et Laboratoire d Immunologie, 06202 Nice Cedex 3, France
J Biol Chem 278:23915-21. 2003b>CD47 is a surface receptor that induces either coactivation or apoptosis in lymphocytes, depending on the ligand(s) bound...
- Upregulation of thrombospondin-1(TSP-1) and its binding partners, CD36 and CD47, in sporadic inclusion body myositisMohammad Salajegheh
The Division of Neuromuscular Disease, Department of Neurology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis Street, Tower 5D, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Neuroimmunol 187:166-74. 2007The TSP1/CD36/CD47-complex is involved in T cell expansion and inflammatory responses to beta-amyloid, both relevant to IBM...
- The SIRP family of receptors and immune regulationA Neil Barclay
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3RE, UK
Nat Rev Immunol 6:457-64. 2006..In this Review, we describe recent studies defining the ligands of the SIRP-family members, with particular emphasis on relating the molecular interactions of these proteins to their role in immune-cell regulation...
- Human thrombospondin's (TSP-1) C-terminal domain opens to interact with the CD-47 receptor: a molecular modeling studyNicolas Floquet
Institut des Biomolecules Max Mousseron, UMR 5247, CNRS Université Montpellier I Université Montpellier II, Faculte de Pharmacie, 15 rue Charles Flahault, B P 14 491, 34093 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Arch Biochem Biophys 478:103-9. 2008..We also suggest a common opening mechanism for proteins sharing the same fold as TSP-1. This work also suggests the usefulness of our approach in other topics in which predictions of protein-protein interactions are of importance...
- Thrombospondin-1 inhibits VEGF receptor-2 signaling by disrupting its association with CD47Sukhbir Kaur
Laboratory of Pathology, Center for Cancer Research, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 285:38923-32. 2010..a more potent mechanism by which TSP1 inhibits VEGF receptor-2 (VEGFR2) activation through engaging its receptor CD47. CD47 ligation is known to inhibit downstream signaling targets of VEGFR2, including endothelial nitric-oxide ..
- Phylogenetic divergence of CD47 interactions with human signal regulatory protein alpha reveals locus of species specificity. Implications for the binding siteShyamsundar Subramanian
Biophysical Engineering Laboratory, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 282:1805-18. 2007Cell-cell interactions between ubiquitously expressed integrin-associated protein (CD47) and its counterreceptor signal regulatory protein (SIRPalpha) on phagocytes regulate a wide range of adhesive signaling processes, including the ..
- CD47 augments Fas/CD95-mediated apoptosisPartha P Manna
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 280:29637-44. 2005..Jurkat T cells lacking CD47 (integrin-associated protein) are relatively resistant to Fas-mediated death but are efficiently killed by Fas ..
- Mechanisms of CD47-induced caspase-independent cell death in normal and leukemic cells: link between phosphatidylserine exposure and cytoskeleton organizationVéronique Mateo
Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier Université Montreal, Laboratoire d Immunorégulation, Universite de Montreal, Canada
Blood 100:2882-90. 2002Dying cells, apoptotic or necrotic, are swiftly eliminated by professional phagocytes. We previously reported that CD47 engagement by CD47 mAb or thrombospondin induced caspase-independent cell death of chronic lymphocytic leukemic B ..
- Evidence that the red cell skeleton protein 4.2 interacts with the Rh membrane complex member CD47Isabelle Mouro-Chanteloup
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U76, Institut National de la Transfusion Sanguine, Paris, France
Blood 101:338-44. 2003..the linking protein(s) between the red cell skeleton and the Rh complex, we analyzed the expression of Rh, RhAG, CD47, LW, and glycophorin B proteins in red cells from patients with hereditary spherocytosis associated with complete ..
- An RGD sequence in the P2Y(2) receptor interacts with alpha(V)beta(3) integrins and is required for G(o)-mediated signal transductionL Erb
Department of Biochemistry, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri 65212, USA
J Cell Biol 153:491-501. 2001..by antibodies against alpha(V)beta(3)/beta(5) integrins and the integrin-associated thrombospondin receptor, CD47. Immunofluorescence of cells transfected with epitope-tagged P2Y(2)Rs indicated that alpha(V) integrins colocalized ..
- Normal ligand binding and signaling by CD47 (integrin-associated protein) requires a long range disulfide bond between the extracellular and membrane-spanning domainsR A Rebres
Program in Microbial Pathogenesis and Host Defense and Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Biol Chem 276:34607-16. 2001b>CD47 is a unique member of the Ig superfamily with a single extracellular Ig domain followed by a multiply membrane-spanning (MMS) domain with five transmembrane segments, implicated in both integrin-dependent and -independent signaling ..
- Integrin-associated protein (CD47) and its ligandsE J Brown
Program in Host Pathogen Interactions, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Trends Cell Biol 11:130-5. 2001Integrin-associated protein (IAP or CD47) is a receptor for thrombospondin family members, a ligand for the transmembrane signaling protein SIRP alpha and a component of a supramolecular complex containing specific integrins, ..
- SHPS-1 is a scaffold for assembling distinct adhesion-regulated multi-protein complexes in macrophagesJ F Timms
Cancer Biology Program, Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Curr Biol 9:927-30. 1999..Other inhibitory immunoreceptors might have similar scaffold-like functions...
- Regulation of integrin function by CD47 ligands. Differential effects on alpha vbeta 3 and alpha 4beta1 integrin-mediated adhesionHeba O Barazi
Laboratory of Pathology, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 277:42859-66. 2002We examined the regulation of alpha4beta1 integrin function in melanoma cells and T cells by ligands of CD47. A CD47 antibody (B6H12) that inhibited alphavbeta3-mediated adhesion of melanoma cells induced by CD47-binding peptides from ..
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-5 (IGFBP-5) interacts with thrombospondin-1 to induce negative regulatory effects on IGF-I actionsAnna M Moralez
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Cell Physiol 203:328-34. 2005..by which IGFBP-5 binding to TS-1 inhibited cellular responses to TS-1 plus IGF-I, TS-1 binding to integrin associated protein (IAP) was assessed. The addition of IGFBP-5 (1.0 microg/ml) inhibited TS-1-IAP association...
- Bidirectional negative regulation of human T and dendritic cells by CD47 and its cognate receptor signal-regulator protein-alpha: down-regulation of IL-12 responsiveness and inhibition of dendritic cell activationS Latour
McGill Cancer Center, McGill University and Institut de Recherches Cliniques, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Immunol 167:2547-54. 2001..In this study, we first show that CD47/integrin-associated protein, a ubiquitous multispan transmembrane protein highly expressed on T cells, interacts ..
- Thrombospondin-bound integrin-associated protein (CD47) physically and functionally modifies integrin alphaIIbbeta3 by its extracellular domainTetsuro Takahiro Fujimoto
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Division of Clinical Pharmacotherapeutics, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:26655-65. 2003Integrin-associated protein (IAP/CD47) is a receptor for the C-terminal cell binding domain of thrombospondin (TS)...
- Alpha-Pal/NRF-1 regulates the promoter of the human integrin-associated protein/CD47 geneWen Teng Chang
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, National Cheng Kung University, Medical College, Tainan 701, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 279:14542-50. 2004Integrin-associated protein (IAP or CD47) is expressed in a variety of tissues, including the nervous system and immune system...
- Thrombspondin acts via integrin-associated protein to activate the platelet integrin alphaIIbbeta3J Chung
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 272:14740-6. 1997Integrin-associated protein (IAP or CD47) is a receptor for the cell/platelet-binding domain (CBD) of thrombospondin-1 (TS1), the most abundant protein of platelet alpha granules...
- Protein 4.2 is critical to CD47-membrane skeleton attachment in human red cellsKris Noel Dahl
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering and School of Engineering and Applied Science, Institute for Medicine and Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Blood 103:1131-6. 2004The reduction in expression of the integral membrane protein CD47 in human red blood cells (RBCs) deficient in protein 4.2 suggests that protein 4.2 may mediate a linkage of CD47 to the membrane skeleton...
- Membrane mobility and clustering of Integrin Associated Protein (IAP, CD47)--major differences between mouse and man and implications for signalingShyamsundar Subramanian
Institute for Medicine and Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 36:364-72. 2006b>Integrin Associated Protein (IAP, CD47) is a ubiquitous integral membrane protein implicated in processes (in mice) that range from inhibiting clearance by phagocytes [Oldenborg et al., Science 2000; Gardai et al...
- Molecular cloning of integrin-associated protein: an immunoglobulin family member with multiple membrane-spanning domains implicated in alpha v beta 3-dependent ligand bindingF P Lindberg
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
J Cell Biol 123:485-96. 1993b>Integrin Associated Protein (IAP) is a 50-kD membrane protein which copurifies with the integrin alpha v beta 3 from placenta and coimmunoprecipitates with beta 3 from platelets...
- Inhibition of "self" engulfment through deactivation of myosin-II at the phagocytic synapse between human cellsRichard K Tsai
Biophysical Engineering Laboratory, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Cell Biol 180:989-1003. 2008..cells or particles by macrophages is a rapid process that is inefficient when faced with "self" cells that display CD47-although signaling mechanisms in self-recognition have remained largely unknown...
- Integrin-associated protein is a ligand for the P84 neural adhesion moleculeP Jiang
Department of Neurobiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Biol Chem 274:559-62. 1999..Here we report that integrin-associated protein (IAP/CD47) is a predominant binding partner of P84...
- CD47 expression on T cell is a self-control negative regulator of type 1 immune responseSalim Bouguermouh
Immunoregulation, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Research Center, Hospital Notre Dame, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Immunol 180:8073-82. 2008..Yet, the control of Th1 polarization by T cell surface molecules remains ill-defined. We here report that CD47 expression on T cells serves as a self-control mechanism to negatively regulate type 1 cellular and humoral immune ..
- Synoviocyte-mediated expansion of inflammatory T cells in rheumatoid synovitis is dependent on CD47-thrombospondin 1 interactionAbbe N Vallejo
Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Immunol 171:1732-40. 2003..from patients with rheumatoid arthritis elicit spontaneous proliferation of autologous T cells in an HLA-DR and CD47 costimulation-dependent manner...
- Integrin-associated protein is a receptor for the C-terminal domain of thrombospondinA G Gao
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 271:21-4. 1996..CBD of TS1 affinity label a 52-kDa cell surface glycoprotein, which we show is integrin-associated protein (IAP or CD47). IAP associates with alpha v beta 3 and thereby modulates the activity of several integrins...
- Ubiquitin-related proteins regulate interaction of vimentin intermediate filaments with the plasma membraneA L Wu
Division of Infectious Diseases, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Mol Cell 4:619-25. 1999Integrin-associated protein (IAP, CD47) is a plasma membrane receptor for thrombospondins and signal regulatory proteins (SIRPs) that has an essential role in host defense through its association with integrins...
- Evidence that muscarinic receptors in islet cells are not coupled functionally to adenylate cyclase through the inhibitory guanine nucleotide binding protein (Ni)M Dunlop
University of Melbourne, Department of Medicine, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Horm Metab Res 20:150-3. 1988..adenylate cyclase (Ni) was investigated by the use of the Bordetella pertussis exotoxin, islet activating protein (IAP)...
- Six areas lead national early immunization driveD R Woods
Division of Immunization, Centers for Disease Control, Atlanta, GA 30333
Public Health Rep 107:252-6. 1992..The community "Immunization Action Plans" (IAP) are one of several Federal, State, and local responses to an outbreak of measles that produced 27,600 cases and 89 ..
- Sensitivity of G-protein involved in endothelin-1-induced Ca2+ influx to pertussis toxin in porcine endothelial cells in situH Aoki
Division of Molecular Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 111:989-96. 1994..4. Pertussis toxin (IAP) markedly inhibited the extracellular Ca2+-dependent elevation of [Ca2+]j, but had no effect on the extracellular ..
- Phospholipase A2-mediated superoxide production of murine peritoneal macrophages induced by chrysotile stimulationT Nakajima
Division of Environmental Health Research, Osaka Prefectural Institute of Public Health, 69 3, 1 chome, 537 0025, Osaka, Japan
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 32:779-87. 2000..macrophages: p-bromophenacyl bromide (pBPB) and mepacrine for PLA(2); islet-activating protein (IAP) for G-protein; H-7 for protein kinase C (PKC); AA861 for 5-lipoxygenase (5-LO); indomethacin for cyclo-oxygenase (..
- Cycloheximide increases endogenous retroviral RNA levels in murine liver and lungG Manenti
Division of Experimental Oncology A, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan. Italy
Tumori 75:217-21. 1989The expression of moloney murine leukemia virus (Mo-MuLV), intracisternal A particle (IAP), virus-like 30S sequence (VL30), early transposon (ET) endogenous retroviral sequences was analysed in the liver of untreated C3Hf, C57BL/6J and ..
- Indoor air quality for poor families: new evidence from BangladeshS DasGupta
Development Research Group, World Bank, Washington, DC 20433, USA
Indoor Air 16:426-44. 2006..This paper provides a detailed analysis of the implications for indoor air pollution (IAP), drawing on new 24-h monitoring data for respirable airborne particulates (PM10)...
- Pharmacist and physician satisfaction and rates of switching to preferred medications associated with an instant prior authorization program for proton pump inhibitors in the North Carolina Medicaid programJulie C Jacobson Vann
School of Nursing, Health Care Systems, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Carrington Hall, CB 7460, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7460, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 16:250-63. 2010..Preferred PPIs included generic omeprazole and Prilosec OTC. This instant approval process (IAP) was expected to impose less administrative burden than is typically associated with PA programs by permitting ..
- Hormonal influence on lipid-protein interactions in biological membranes. Lactation effects on alkaline phosphatase activity and intestinal brush border membrane properties in ratA S Molina
, , Universidad Nacional de San Luis, Argentina
Horm Metab Res 29:159-63. 1997..Our objective was to study the intestinal alkaline phosphatase (IAP) activity, lipid composition and fluidity of the proximal small intestine brush border membranes under the ..
- Comparison of intrabrachial and finger blood pressure in healthy elderly volunteersG A Rongen
Department of Medicine, University Hospital, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Am J Hypertens 8:237-48. 1995This study was performed to compare continuous Finapres (FIN) and intrabrachial (IAP) blood pressure in healthy elderly volunteers...
- Sensitive detection of two IgG Fc receptors of mouse macrophages by chemiluminescence analysisT Majima
Department of Bacteriology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 11:289-307. 1989..alpha A/D to the resident M phi s in vitro and the specific activation of spleen M phi FcRII by iv injection of IAP (Immunosuppressive acidic protein) into mice...
- The thrombospondin receptor CD47 (IAP) modulates and associates with alpha2 beta1 integrin in vascular smooth muscle cellsX Q Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Mol Biol Cell 9:865-74. 1998..Integrin-associated protein (IAP or CD47) is a receptor for the thrombospondin-1 carboxyl-terminal cell-binding domain and binds the agonist peptide 4N1K (..
- Comparison of different methods for measuring intra-abdominal pressureF F Gudmundsson
Surgical Research Laboratory, Haukeland University Hospital, University of Bergen, 5021 Bergen, Norway
Intensive Care Med 28:509-14. 2002Intra-abdominal pressure (IAP) can be measured in different ways but is usually measured indirectly via the urinary bladder...
- Thrombospondin-1/CD47 blockade following ischemia-reperfusion injury is tissue protectiveJustin B Maxhimer
Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1500, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 124:1880-9. 2009..following ischemia-reperfusion injury and limits nitric oxide signaling by engaging its cell surface receptor CD47. In this article, the authors examine whether postinjury blocking of this inhibitory signal can protect from ..
- Significance of increased neutrophils in patients with advanced colorectal cancerA Satomi
Second Department of Surgery, Saitama Medical School, Japan
Acta Oncol 34:69-73. 1995..The ability to produce active oxygen and phagocytosis of neutrophils, G-CSF, sIL-2R and IAP (immunosuppressive acidic protein) were also measured...
- The reliability of noninvasive continuous finger blood pressure measurement in patients with both hypertension and vascular diseaseW J Bos
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Hypertens 5:529-35. 1992..We therefore compared Finapres blood pressure (FINAP) with intrabrachial blood pressure (IAP) responses to the Valsalva maneuver and arising in 12 patients in whom the peripheral circulation was expected to ..
- Early-onset group B streptococcal disease in the era of maternal screeningKaren M Puopolo
Department of Newborn Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Pediatrics 115:1240-6. 2005With the widespread implementation of intrapartum antibiotic prophylaxis (IAP), the rate of early-onset neonatal sepsis and meningitis caused by Streptococcus agalactiae (group B streptococcus [GBS]) has decreased dramatically, ..
- Correlations between cardiac output, stroke volume, central venous pressure, intra-abdominal pressure and total circulating blood volume in resuscitation of major burnsMarkus V Küntscher
Department for Hand, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Burn Center, BG, Trauma Center Ludwigshafen, Plastic and Hand Surgery, The University of Heidelberg, Berlin, Germany
Resuscitation 70:37-43. 2006..between cardiac index (CI), stroke volume index (SVI), central venous pressure (CVP), intra-abdominal pressure (IAP) and total circulating blood volume index (TBVI) during resuscitation of major burns...
- Regulation of cross-linked actin network (CLAN) formation in human trabecular meshwork (HTM) cells by convergence of distinct beta1 and beta3 integrin pathwaysMark S Filla
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:5723-31. 2009..CLANs form in glaucomatous and steroid-treated TM cells, which may contribute to reducing outflow facility through the TM...
- Differential interactions of thrombospondin-1, -2, and -4 with CD47 and effects on cGMP signaling and ischemic injury responsesJeff S Isenberg
Laboratory of Pathology, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 284:1116-25. 2009Thrombospondin-1 regulates nitric oxide (NO) signaling in vascular cells via CD47. Because CD47 binding motifs are conserved in the C-terminal signature domains of all five thrombospondins and indirect evidence has implied CD47 ..
- [Abdominal compartment syndrome (ACS) after abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) open repair]Guido Bajardi
Cattedra di Chirurgia Vascolare, Universita degli Studi di Palermo
Ann Ital Chir 80:369-74. 2009....
- Selective expression of intracisternal A-particle genes in established mouse plasmacytomasK K Lueders
Laboratory of Biochemistry, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Mol Cell Biol 13:7439-46. 1993Mouse plasmacytomas generally express higher levels of RNA transcripts from endogenous intracisternal A-particle (IAP) proviral elements than do lipopolysaccharide-stimulated normal lymphocytes...
- Trends in sepsis-related neonatal mortality in the United States, 1985-1998Susan L Lukacs
National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Hyattsville, MD 20782, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 23:599-603. 2004..In the 1990s, intrapartum antibiotic prophylaxis (IAP) was recommended to prevent maternal-infant transmission of group B Streptococcus (GBS), a leading cause of sepsis ..
- Serum soluble interleukin-2 receptor in colorectal cancerS Murakami
Second Department of Surgery, Saitama Medical School, Japan
Acta Oncol 33:19-21. 1994..cancer, and correlated with various factors as stage, lymph node metastasis, liver metastasis, grade, serum CEA and IAP (immunosuppressive acidic protein)...
- Effect of elevated intra-abdominal pressure on portal vein and superior mesenteric artery blood flow in a ratJorge Mogilner
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Bnai Zion Medical Center, Israel
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 19:S59-62. 2009..It should be emphasized that elevated intra-abdominal pressure (IAP) may reduce hepatic and portal blood flow and thus may cause histologic liver damage...
- The role of the intracarotid amobarbital procedure in evaluation of patients for epilepsy surgeryD C Spencer
Department of Neurology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, USA
Epilepsia 41:320-5. 2000To examine the role of the intracarotid amobarbital procedure (IAP) in the presurgical evaluation of patients with medically refractory localization-related epilepsy.
- Down-regulation of intestinal-type alkaline phosphatase in the tumor vasculature and stroma provides a strong basis for explaining amifostine selectivityAlexandra Giatromanolaki
Tumour and Angiogenesis Research Group, Departments of Pathology, Internal Medicine, and Radiotherapy Oncology, Democritus University of Thrace, Alexandroupolis, Greece
Semin Oncol 29:14-21. 2002..However, the mechanism of such selective action is poorly understood. Intestinal-type alkaline phosphatase (IAP) is a major isoenzyme involved in the hydrolysis of amifostine (WR-2721) to its active thiol form WR-I065...
- Changes in intra-abdominal pressure and spontaneous breath volume by magnitude of lifting effort: highly trained athletes versus healthy menMasashi Kawabata
National Institute of Fitness and Sports, 1 Shiromizu, Kanoya, Kagoshima 891 2393, Japan
Eur J Appl Physiol 109:279-86. 2010Intra-abdominal pressure (IAP) is closely related to breathing behavior during lifting. Abdominal muscles contribute to both IAP development and respiratory function...
- Differential effects of retroviral long terminal repeats on interleukin-3 gene expression and autocrine transformationX Y Wang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, East Carolina University School of Medicine, Greenville, North Carolina 27858, USA
Leukemia 11:1711-25. 1997Previously we documented the transposition of an intracisternal A particle (IAP) provirus to the interleukin 3 (IL-3) locus which resulted in autocrine transformation...
- Interaction of guanine-nucleotide-binding regulatory proteins with chemotactic peptide receptors in differentiated human leukemic HL-60 cellsM Tohkin
Department of Life Science, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Yokohama, Japan
Eur J Biochem 195:527-33. 1991..regulatory proteins (G proteins) serving as the substrate for pertussis toxin (islet-activating protein; IAP) were extracted from cell membranes then reconstituted into phospholipid vesicles...
- Influence of increased intra-abdominal pressure on fluid responsiveness predicted by pulse pressure variation and stroke volume variation in a porcine modelJochen Renner
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Germany
Crit Care Med 37:650-8. 2009..The influence of increased intra-abdominal pressure (IAP) on the predictive ability of these variables is currently under debate...
- Can the Wada test evaluate mesial temporal function? A SPECT studyX Setoain
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hospital Clinic of Barcelona, University of Barcelona, Spain
Neurology 62:2241-6. 2004To assess the value of SPECT during intracarotid amobarbital procedure (IAP) to discriminate which patients performed the test with the hippocampus inactivated and correlate it with the risk of amnesia after anterior temporal lobectomy (..
- Preoperative pain and medications used in emergency patients with irreversible acute pulpitis or acute apical periodontitis: a prospective comparative studyBabacar Touré
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Faculty of Medicine, Pharmacy, and Dentistry, University Cheikh Anta Diop, Dakar, Senegal
J Orofac Pain 21:303-8. 2007To determine the pain characteristics of and medications used for patients seeking emergency care for irreversible acute pulpitis (IAP) or acute apical periodontitis (AAP).
- Amsacta moorei Entomopoxvirus inhibitor of apoptosis suppresses cell death by binding Grim and HidQianjun Li
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Box 100266, Gainesville, FL 32610 0266, USA
J Virol 79:3684-91. 2005Inhibitor of apoptosis (iap) genes have been identified in the genomes of two independent families of insect viruses, the Baculoviridae and the Entomopoxvirinae...
- Intra-abdominal pressure alterations after large pancreatic pseudocyst transcutaneous drainageTheodossis S Papavramidis
1st Propedeutic Department of Surgery, AHEPA University Hospital, Aristotle s University of Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece
BMC Gastroenterol 9:42. 2009..Aims of the present study were to evaluate the intra-abdominal pressure (IAP) induced by large pancreatic pseudocysts and to examine the effect of their transcutaneous drainage on IAP.
- Comparison of virulence plasmids among Clostridium perfringens type E isolatesJihong Li
Department of Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Infect Immun 75:1811-9. 2007Clostridium perfringens type E isolates produce iota-toxin, which is encoded by iap and ibp genes...
- [Effects of early goal-directed fluid therapy on intra-abdominal hypertension and multiple organ dysfunction in patients with severe acute pancreatitis.]Zhi Yong Yang
Pancreatic Surgery, Union Hospital, Affiliated Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 47:1450-4. 2009..To observe the effects of early goal-directed fluid therapy with hydroxyethyl starch 130/0.4 on intra-abdominal hypertension (IAH), multiple organ dysfunction and fluid balance in severe acute pancreatitis (SAP) patients...
- Interpretation of EMG changes with fatigue: facts, pitfalls, and fallaciesN A Dimitrova
Centre of Biomedical Engineering, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Acad G Bonchev Str, Bl 105, 1113, Sofia, Bulgaria
J Electromyogr Kinesiol 13:13-36. 2003..for pitfalls and fallacies in analysis of experimental results if changes in intracellular action potential (IAP), i.e. in peripheral factors of muscle fatigue, were not taken into consideration...
- Continuous negative abdominal pressure device to treat pseudotumor cerebriH J Sugerman
Department of Surgery, Medical College of Virginia of Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:486-90. 2001To study the effects of an externally applied negative abdominal pressure device designed to lower the effects of intra-abdominal pressure (IAP) on headaches and pulsatile tinnitus in severely obese women with pseudotumor cerebri (PTC).
- Pilot testing of WHO child growth standards in Chandigarh: implications for India's child health programmesShankar Prinja
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, School of Public Health, Chandigarh, India
Bull World Health Organ 87:116-22. 2009To compare the prevalence of underweight as calculated from Indian Academy of Paediatrics (IAP) growth curves (based on the Harvard scale) and the new WHO Child Growth Standards.
- Evaluation of a method for measuring tissue non-specific alkaline phosphatase activity in healthy subjectsMakoto Matsushita
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Saitama Prefectural University, 820 Sannomiya, Koshigaya 343 8540, Japan
Ann Clin Biochem 44:544-8. 2007Intestinal alkaline phosphatase (IAP) isozymes in the healthy human serum samples appears in two isoforms: normal-molecular-weight IAP (NIAP) and high-molecular-weight IAP (HIAP)...
- Health benefits from reducing indoor air pollution from household solid fuel use in China--three abatement scenariosHeidi Elizabeth Staff Mestl
Center for International Climate and Environmental Research, P O Box 1129 Blindern, N 0318 Oslo, Norway
Environ Int 33:831-40. 2007According to the World Health Organization (WHO), indoor air pollution (IAP) from the use of solid fuels in households in the developing world is responsible for more than 1.6 million premature deaths each year, whereof 0...
- Effects of norepinephrine during intra-abdominal hypertension on renal blood flow in bacteremic dogsZhi Y Peng
Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Crit Care Med 36:834-41. 2008..The effects of intra-abdominal pressure (IAP), followed by restoration of APP with norepinephrine, on renal blood flow were determined.
- Differential localization of Src homology 2 domain-containing protein tyrosine phosphatase substrate-1 and CD47 and its molecular mechanisms in cultured hippocampal neuronsHiroshi Ohnishi
Laboratory of Biosignal Sciences, Institute for Molecular and Cellular Regulation, Gunma University, Maebashi, Gunma 371 8512, Japan
J Neurosci 25:2702-11. 2005..protein tyrosine phosphatase (SHP) substrate-1 (SHPS-1) and its ligand cluster of differentiation 47 (CD47), both of which are members of the Ig superfamily of proteins, are thought to constitute an intercellular ..
- Ubiquitin binding modulates IAP antagonist-stimulated proteasomal degradation of c-IAP1 and c-IAP2(1)John W Blankenship
Department of Protein Engineering, Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, M S 40, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Biochem J 417:149-60. 2009A family of anti-apoptotic regulators known as IAP (inhibitor of apoptosis) proteins interact with multiple cellular partners and inhibit apoptosis induced by a variety of stimuli...
- Effect of elevated intra-abdominal pressure and 100% oxygen on superior mesenteric artery blood flow and enterocyte turnover in a ratIgor Sukhotnik
Department of Pediatric Surgery B, Bnai Zion Medical Center, 47 Golomb St, P O B 4940, 31048, Haifa, Israel
Pediatr Surg Int 24:1347-53. 2008Elevated intra-abdominal pressure (IAP) has been shown to reduce mesenteric blood flow and cause intestinal damage...
- Activation of CD47 receptors causes proliferation of human astrocytoma but not normal astrocytes via an Akt-dependent pathwayEmilie Sick
Universite de Strasbourg, CNRS UMR 7213 Pharmacologie, Faculte de Pharmacie, 74 rte du Rhin, Illkirch, France
Glia 59:308-19. 2011b>CD47 is a membrane receptor that plays pivotal roles in many pathophysiological processes, including infection, inflammation, cell spreading, proliferation, and apoptosis...
- Laparoscopic spray application of fibrin sealant effects on hemodynamics and spray efficiency at various application pressures and distancesK T Druckrey-Fiskaaen
Department of Visceral, Transplantation, Thoracic, and Vascular Surgery, Universitat Leipzig, Liebigstrasse 20, 04103, Leipzig, Germany
Surg Endosc 21:1750-9. 2007Laparoscopic resections of parenchymal organs are increasingly performed. However, little is known about the effects of laparoscopic fibrin sealant spray applications on intraabdominal pressure (IAP) and hemodynamics.
- Adverse effects of pneumoperitoneum on renal function: involvement of the endothelin and nitric oxide systemsZaid Abassi
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Ruth and Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Isarel Institute of Technology, Haifa, 31096, Israel
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 294:R842-50. 2008Increased intra-abdominal pressure (IAP) during laparoscopy adversely affects kidney function. The mechanism underlying this phenomenon is largely unknown...
- CD47 gene knockout protects against transient focal cerebral ischemia in miceGuang Jin
Department of Radiology and Neurology, Neuroprotection Research Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Exp Neurol 217:165-70. 2009b>CD47 is a cell surface glycoprotein that helps mediate neutrophil transmigration across blood vessels. The present study was performed to determine whether absence of the CD47 gene decreases focal ischemic brain damage...
- Possible importance of increased intra-abdominal pressure for the development of necrotizing enterocolitisI Sukhotnik
The Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Laboratory of Intestinal Adaptation and Recovery, Dept of Pediatric Surgery, Bnai Zion Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
Eur J Pediatr Surg 19:307-10. 2009..In the present work we describe 5 neonates with NEC in whom intra-abdominal pressure (IAP) was measured to investigate the potential role of abdominal compartment syndrome (ACS) in the development of NEC ..
- Situational analysis of household energy and biomass use and associated health burden of indoor air pollution and mitigation efforts in PakistanZafar Fatmi
Division of Environmental Health Sciences, Department of Community Health Sciences, Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
Int J Environ Res Public Health 7:2940-52. 2010..the indoor environment in countries where it is in common use, contributing significantly to indoor air pollution (IAP)...
- Intestinal alkaline phosphatase secretion in oil-fed ratsJyotdeep Kaur
Department of Biochemistry, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Sector 12, Chandigarh 160012, India
Dig Dis Sci 52:665-70. 2007Oil feeding is known to increase the secretion of intestinal alkaline phosphatase (IAP) into serum and this phenomenon is shown to be mediated by surfactant-like particles...
- Accuracy of physical examination and intra-access pressure in the detection of stenosis in hemodialysis arteriovenous fistulaRodrigo Peixoto Campos
Division of Interventional and Critical Care Nephrology, Hospital Universitario Evangelico de Curitiba, Curitiba, Brazil
Semin Dial 21:269-73. 2008Both physical examination (PE) and intra-access pressure (IAP) measurements have been used in the identification of stenosis in an arteriovenous access...
- Gene silencing of CD47 and antibody ligation of thrombospondin-1 enhance ischemic tissue survival in a porcine model: implications for human diseaseJeff S Isenberg
Laboratory of Pathology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1500, USA
Ann Surg 247:860-8. 2008..Recently, we reported that the secreted protein thrombospondin-1 (TSP1), through its cell surface receptor CD47, limits the ability of NO to relax and dilate blood vessels and thus decreases tissue perfusion...
- The inhibitors of apoptosis of Epiphyas postvittana nucleopolyhedrovirusT Maguire
Department of Microbiology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Otago, PO Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Gen Virol 81:2803-11. 2000..apoptosis genes (iaps) in the genome of Epiphyas postvittana nucleopolyhedrovirus (EppoMNPV) that are homologous to iap-1, iap-2, iap-3 and iap-4 genes of other baculoviruses have been identified...
- Direct comparison of local cerebral blood flow rates measured by MRI arterial spin-tagging and quantitative autoradiography in a rat model of experimental cerebral ischemiaJames R Ewing
Department of Neurology and Center for Stroke Research, Henry Ford Hospital and Health Science Center, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 23:198-209. 2003..using two different magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) arterial spin-tagging (AST) methods and 14C-iodoantipyrine (IAP)-quantitative autoradiography (QAR), a standard but terminal technique used for imaging and quantitating CBF, and ..
- Ileoanal pouch operation: long-term outcome with or without diverting ileostomyP M Mowschenson
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Center for Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass, USA
Arch Surg 135:463-5; discussion 465-6. 2000Avoiding a diverting ileostomy does not influence the long-term overall morbidity and functional outcome of patients after ileoanal pouch operation (IAP).
- Open reading frame 193R of Chilo iridescent virus encodes a functional inhibitor of apoptosis (IAP)Ikbal Agah Ince
Department of Biology, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Karadeniz Technical University, 61080, Trabzon, Turkey
Virology 376:124-31. 2008..The genome of Chilo iridescent virus (CIV) has three ORFs with homology to baculovirus inhibitor of apoptosis (iap) genes. The proteins encoded by the 157L, 193R, and 332L ORFs contain 152, 208 and 234 amino acids, respectively...
- Results of a pilot study on the effects of propofol and dexmedetomidine on inflammatory responses and intraabdominal pressure in severe sepsisMuhittin Tasdogan
Department of Anaesthesiology and Reanimation, Trakya University Medical Faculty, 22030 Edirne, Turkey
J Clin Anesth 21:394-400. 2009..of propofol and the alpha-2 adrenoceptor, dexmedetomidine, on inflammatory responses and intraabdominal pressure (IAP) in severe sepsis after abdominal surgery, specifically, serum cytokine levels (interleukin [IL]-1, IL-6, and tumor ..
- An abundant placental transcript containing an IAP-LTR is allelic to mouse pregnancy-specific glycoprotein 23 (Psg23): cloning and genetic analysisMelanie Ball
Department of Biochemistry, Biosciences Institute, University College Cork, College Road, Cork, Ireland
Gene 325:103-13. 2004..In addition to the 7 kb full-length type I and 5 kb type I deleted intracisternal A-particle (IAP) transcripts, we identified and cloned an abundant 2 kb transcript encoding a novel member of the pregnancy-..
- Effects of intra-abdominal CO2-insufflation on normal and impaired myocardial function: an experimental studyC A Greim
Klinik fur Anaesthesiologie, Universitatsklinikum Wurzburg, Germany
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 47:751-60. 2003Intra-abdominal pressure (IAP) elevation during CO2-pneumoperitoneum increases cardiac afterload and may enhance dysfunction of the already compromised heart...
- Decreased CD47 expression during spontaneous apoptosis targets neutrophils for phagocytosis by monocyte-derived macrophagesDonald W Lawrence
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO 63104, USA
Early Hum Dev 85:659-63. 2009..Efficient phagocytosis of apoptotic neutrophils is necessary for successful resolution. CD47 plays a critical role in mediating the phagocytic response, although its role in the phagocytosis of apoptotic PMN ..
- Integrin-associated protein immunoglobulin domain is necessary for efficient vitronectin bead bindingF P Lindberg
Department of Infectious Diseases, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Cell Biol 134:1313-22. 1996Integrin-associated protein (IAP/CD47) is physically associated with the alpha v beta 3 vitronectin (Vn) receptor and a functionally and immunologically related integrin on neutrophils (PMN) and monocytes...
- CD47 on experimentally senescent murine RBCs inhibits phagocytosis following Fcgamma receptor-mediated but not scavenger receptor-mediated recognition by macrophagesMattias Olsson
Department of Integrative Medical Biology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Blood 112:4259-67. 2008b>CD47 functions as a marker of self on red blood cells (RBCs) by binding to signal regulatory protein alpha on macrophages, preventing phagocytosis of autologous RBCs by splenic red pulp macrophages, and Fcgamma receptor (FcgammaR)- or ..
- [Measurement of the intra abdominal pressure in clinical practice]Dariusz Onichimowski
Oddział Anestezjologii i Intensywnej Terapii, Wojewódzki Szpital Specjalistyczny w Olsztynie
Anestezjol Intens Ter 42:107-12. 2010..Intra-abdominal pressure (IAP) has been defined as a static pressure between organs in the abdominal cavity...
- Targeted siRNA nanotechnology for intravesical treatment of urologicaldiseasesRobert M Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Inhibitor of Apoptosis (IAP), survivin, is not detected in normal urothelium and its expression in bladder cancer correlates with poor ..
- Homing Receptor Determinants of HSCIrving L Weissman; Fiscal Year: 2013..to and from BM sites under steady state conditions;2) To establish whether blockade of macrophage phagocytosis by CD47 enables mouse and human HSC homing to hematopoietic microenvironments and 3) To isolate and characterize HSC-..
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF THE ENDOTHELIUMFrancis W Luscinskas; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this amended renewal application, Project 1 will study the contribution of endothelial CD47 and its ligands Signal Regulatory Proteins and thrombospondin, as well as leukocyte CD47 dependent regulation of ..
- Effects of In Utero and Transgenerational Exposure of Avy Mice to Bisphenol ACHERYL SUSAN ROSENFELD; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Avy mice that have an intracisternal A particle (IAP) in their agouti gene, exposure to a maternal diet-enriched in genistein or methyl- donors results in methylation ..
- Platelet TSP1 Mediates Vascular Disease and pulmonary hypertension in Sickle CellEnrico M Novelli; Fiscal Year: 2013..TSP1) was found to potently inhibits physiologic NO signaling, via binding to the cell surface receptor CD47. Preliminary data from Dr...
- Control of Trabecular Meshwork CytoskeletonDonna M Peters; Fiscal Year: 2011..of the integrin signaling pathways that are unregulated by steroid treatment and activated by both integrin and CD47 in TM cells in culture...
- Determination of a Mechanism for the Thrombocytopenia of WASTed S Strom; Fiscal Year: 2010..In a related animal model (CD47 deficiency), rapid phagocytosis of platelets and red cells correlates with a proclivity toward ITP and autoimmune ..
- Development of a novel method for inhibiting diabetic retinopathyDavid R Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2012..be activated in response to hyperglycemia plus IGF-I, it must associate with a membrane protein termed integrin associated protein (IAP)...
- A Novel Role of Macrophage TSP1-CD47 Signaling in AtherosclerosisGabor Csanyi; Fiscal Year: 2013..in the field of cardiovascular science with specific focus on the role of thrombospondin-1 (TSP1)-mediated CD47 signaling in atherosclerosis and vascular free radical biology...
- Urokinase, Neutrophil Activation and Acute Lung Injury.Gang Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..the expression of receptors and ligands involved in phagocytosis of neutrophils, including calreticulin (CRT), CD47, CD31, integrins, mer, axl, and LRP, as well as in affecting the binding of opsonins to PtdSer and of collectins to ..
- Evaluating the role of Thrombospondin-1-CD47 mediated nitric oxide signaling in tSarah Amend; Fiscal Year: 2013..There is evidence that TSP1 regulates nitric oxie (NO) signaling via two of its ligands, CD36 and CD47. Tonic levels of NO are critical for cell survival...
- Heat Shock-Induced ApoptosisShawn B Bratton; Fiscal Year: 2012..MOMP is critical for cell death most likely because it facilitates the release of inhibitor of apoptosis (IAP) antagonists, which in turn promote caspase activity...
- Role of Beta 3 Integrin in Skeletal MetastasisKATHERINE NELSON WEILBAECHER; Fiscal Year: 2013..roles of the [unreadable]3 integrin activating receptor, P2Y12, and a [unreadable]3-integrin stimulating protein, CD47, on platelet and osteoclast function and during bone metastasis...
- Targeted Inhibition of Innate Immunosurveillance to Promote the Engraftment of HeNATHANIEL FERNHOFF; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>CD47 is a ubiquitously expressed "don't eat me signal" that negative regulates macrophage activation and ..
- Anti-CD47 mAb Therapy to Improve Kidney TransplantationPAMELA ANN TOY-MANNING; Fiscal Year: 2011..The founders of Vasculox have discovered a ligand-receptor system, thrombospondin-1 (TSP1) and CD47, that continually opposes the action of beneficial NO in all vascular cells...
- Systematic analysis of cell death regulation in mosquitoesLei Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2009..e. the *Reaper/Hid/Grim -like IAP-antagonists, in the annotated mosquito genomes...
- Is Aberrant MO Stimulation Pivotal in Post-Trauma MODS?Carol L Miller-Graziano; Fiscal Year: 2012..bacteremia with 1) MO that express a unique cohorts of interactive, inhibitory mediators/receptors including TSP-1, CD47, SIRP1, 2) inhibitory DC with low costimulatory receptors increased coinhibitory receptors &altered mediators (..
- Molecular Targeting of the Survivin Pathway in CancerDario C Altieri; Fiscal Year: 2010Survivin is a member of the Inhibitor of Apoptosis (IAP) gene family that has attracted attention for its dual role in cell division and cytoprotection, and its overexpression in nearly every human tumor...
- Targeting eIF2alpha siRNA to alpha(v)beta(3) Integrin-bearing Tumor CellsChing An Peng; Fiscal Year: 2010..phagocytosis of eIF2? siRNA carriers, we propose to conjugate the "marker of self" integrin-associated protein (CD47) to chitosan-based siRNA carriers...
- Anti-CD47 mAb Therapy to Improve Kidney TransplantationPAMELA ANN TOY-MANNING; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, the founders of Vasculox discovered that thrombospondin-1 (TSP1) binding to its receptor, CD47, limits NO signaling throughout the vascular system thereby worsening IRI...
- Tumor-toxic CD47 mAb therapy for leukemia: a proof of concept studyWilliam A Frazier; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): CD47 has emerged as a novel therapeutic target in hematologic cancers. Leukemias expressing the highest levels of CD47 have the worst prognosis...
- Treatment of Transplant Reperfusion with CD47 antibodyPAMELA ANN TOY-MANNING; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Vasculox, Inc. is developing a humanized anti-CD47 mAb for reducing ischemia-reperfusion injury (IRI) in organ transplantation...
- Targeting thrombospondin 1 in bone resorptionKARL LEONARD INSOGNA; Fiscal Year: 2013..CD47, also known as Integrin Associated Protein, is a binding partner for two ligands, TSP1 and SIRP11...
- Measuring the impact of prenatal alcohol exposure on the fetal epigenomeMichael C Golding; Fiscal Year: 2011..is the development of a Green Fluorescent Protein (GFP) containing retro-element reporter based on the agouti-IAP element...
- Role of Beta 3 Integrin in Skeletal MetastasisKatherine Weilbaecher; Fiscal Year: 2009..integrin expression on different tissues and [unreadable]3 integrin regulation by 2) P2Y12 and 3) Integrin associated protein/CD47 will regulate tumor metastasis to bone. Thus, our Specific Aims are: 1...
- TSP-1 and ROS: CD47 and SIRP-alpha as Mediators of Vascular DysfunctionPatrick J Pagano; Fiscal Year: 2013..We reported that TSP1, via its cognate receptor CD47, inhibits vasodilatation, however the exact mechanism remain unclear...
- MOLECULAR CHARACTERIZATION OF ACUTE MYELOID LEUKEMIAIrving L Weissman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, we will examine whether CD47 expression (a 'don't eat me'signal) on leukemic cells renders them invisible to the innate (..
- GalT-KO Pigs Expressing Primate CD47 to Facilitate Organ XenograftsDavid H Sachs; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will achieve this goal by overcoming the species incompatibility of the CD47 (IAP, integrin associated protein) cell surface molecule, which appears to be the key barrier to the establishment of chimerism following ..
- IAP Family Proteins and CancerGuy S Salvesen; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>IAP family members XIAP, c-IAP1, and c-IAP2 are E3 ligases, catalyzing formation of polyubiquitin chains on substrates ..
- ADPKD: Understanding mechanisms, Discovering treatments.Xiaogang Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..The inhibitor of apoptosis (IAP) antagonist, Smac-mimetic, is able to target the above TNF??-mediated complexes to induce cancer cell death...
- Mechanisms of Microglial Activation and Phagocytosis in*Gary Landreth; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will cross mice overexpressing the human APP gene with animals in which the integrin-associated protein (IAP)/CD47, the B-class scavenger receptor CD36, or complement receptor CD18 genes have been knocked out, and seek to ..
- Treatment of Transplant Reperfusion with an Anti-CD47 AntibodyPAMELA TOY MANNING; Fiscal Year: 2009..The founders of Vasculox, Inc have discovered a receptor, CD47, that continually opposes the action of beneficial NO in all vascular cells...
- INTESTINAL PROTEIN METABOLISM AND FUNCTIONDavid Alpers; Fiscal Year: 2000Intestinal alkaline phosphatase (IAP) in the rat provides a model for studying a unique mechanism of protein secretion from the enterocyte, in that IAP isomers I and II are secreted from the cell bound to a phospholipid-rich surfactant-..
- ROLE OF G PROTEINS IN PROLACTIN SIGNAL TRANSDUCTIONJennifer Larsen; Fiscal Year: 1993..Previously, it has been shown that bacterial toxins, pertussis toxin, (islet activating protein: IAP) and cholera toxin (CT), can modify PRL-stimulated mitogenesis in the Nb2 cell...
- Development of a humanized anti-CD47 antibody for treatment of tissue ischemia.William Frazier; Fiscal Year: 2009..Thrombospondin-1 (TSP1) and its receptor, CD47, are present in all vascular tissues and limit NO signaling, thus worsening tissue ischemia, promoting thrombosis ..
- CD47 as a neurovascular target for stroke therapyEng H Lo; Fiscal Year: 2010..Here, we propose that the transmembrane receptor CD47 (also known as integrin associated protein) may be an ideal neurovascular target for stroke therapy...
- INTEGRIN ASSOCIATED PROTEIN IS A THROMBOSPONDIN RECEPTORWilliam Frazier; Fiscal Year: 2000..We have found that integrin associated protein or IAP (CD47) is a receptor for the C-terminal cell binding domain (CBD) of TS1...