Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CD247
Description: CD247 molecule
Alias: CD3-ZETA, CD3H, CD3Q, CD3Z, T3Z, TCRZ, CD247 antigen, zeta subunit, CD3Z antigen, zeta polypeptide (TiT3 complex), CD3zeta chain, T-cell antigen receptor complex, zeta subunit of CD3, T-cell receptor T3 zeta chain, T-cell surface glycoprotein CD3 zeta chain, TCR zeta chain
Publications166 found, 100 shown here
- Genome-wide association study of systemic sclerosis identifies CD247 as a new susceptibility locusTimothy R D J Radstake
Department of Rheumatology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Nat Genet 42:426-9. 2010..individuals with SSc (cases) and 4,569 controls) identified a new susceptibility locus for systemic sclerosis at CD247 (1q22-23, rs2056626, P = 2.09 x 10(-7) in the discovery samples, P = 3.39 x 10(-9) in the combined analysis)...
- Role of Nef in primate lentiviral immunopathogenesisF Kirchhoff
Institute of Virology, University of Ulm, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Cell Mol Life Sci 65:2621-36. 2008..This evolutionary loss of a specific Nef function may contribute to the high virulence of HIV-1 in humans...
- Decreased stability and translation of T cell receptor zeta mRNA with an alternatively spliced 3'-untranslated region contribute to zeta chain down-regulation in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusBhabadeb Chowdhury
Department of Cellular Injury, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910 7500, USA
J Biol Chem 280:18959-66. 2005..Taken together our findings suggest that nucleotides 672-1233 bp of TCR zeta 3' UTR play a critical role in its stability and also have elements required for the translational regulation of TCR zeta chain expression in human T cells.
- Organization of the human T cell receptor zeta/eta gene and its genetic linkage to the Fc gamma RII-Fc gamma RIII gene clusterJ P Jensen
Experimental Immunology Branch, DCBDC National Cancer Institute National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
J Immunol 148:2563-71. 1992..Surprisingly, translation of this region into protein results in a structure that is markedly divergent from its murine counterpart. This finding has important implications regarding the potential role of eta in T cell function...
- The RNA-stabilizing protein HuR regulates the expression of zeta chain of the human T cell receptor-associated CD3 complexVaishali R Moulton
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 283:20037-44. 2008..however, the molecular mechanisms involved in the deficient expression of the T cell receptor-associated CD3zeta chain in SLE are not clear...
- T cell CD3 receptor zeta (TCRzeta)-chain expression in children with idiopathic nephrotic syndromeDiego H Aviles
Department of Pediatrics, LSU Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 24:769-73. 2009..Therefore, a decreased expression of the TCRzeta chain may explain the abnormal function of T cells in patients with INS, and it may also contribute to the increased risk for infections seen in these patients...
- Alternative splicing factor/splicing factor 2 regulates the expression of the zeta subunit of the human T cell receptor-associated CD3 complexVaishali R Moulton
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 285:12490-6. 2010T cells from patients with systemic lupus erythematosus express decreased levels of the T cell receptor-associated CD3 zeta chain, a feature directly linked to their aberrant function...
- Cloning and characterization of human Lnk, an adaptor protein with pleckstrin homology and Src homology 2 domains that can inhibit T cell activationY Li
School of Pharmacy, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Immunol 164:5199-206. 2000..The overexpression of Lnk in Jurkat cells led to an inhibition of anti-CD3 mediated NF-AT-Luc activation. Our study reveals a potentially new mechanism of T cell-negative regulation...
- T cell receptor (TCR) interacting molecule (TRIM), a novel disulfide-linked dimer associated with the TCR-CD3-zeta complex, recruits intracellular signaling proteins to the plasma membraneE Bruyns
Institute for Immunology, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Exp Med 188:561-75. 1998..Thus, TRIM represents a TCR-associated transmembrane adaptor protein which is likely involved in targeting of intracellular signaling proteins to the plasma membrane after triggering of the TCR...
- Induction of Fas ligand expression by HIV involves the interaction of Nef with the T cell receptor zeta chainX N Xu
Medical Research Council Human Immunology Unit, Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DS, United Kingdom
J Exp Med 189:1489-96. 1999..through Nef depended upon the integrity of the immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motifs (ITAMs) of the TCR zeta chain. Conformation for the importance of zeta for Nef-mediated signaling in T cells came from an independent ..
- Selection of peripheral and intestinal T lymphocytes lacking CD3 zetaS Simpson
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Int Immunol 7:287-93. 1995The CD3 zeta chain of the TCR plays a pivotal role in the activation of T cell responses toward foreign antigen and in the selection of the T cell repertoire...
- On down-regulation of the immune response to metastatic malignant melanomaA Hakansson
Department of Oncology, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Cancer Immunol Immunother 48:253-62. 1999....
- Molecular associations involving CD16, CD45 and zeta and gamma chains on human natural killer cellsJ G Altin
Division of Cell Biology, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra
Immunol Cell Biol 72:87-96. 1994....
- The human low affinity immunoglobulin G Fc receptor III-A and III-B genes. Molecular characterization of the promoter regionsJ E Gessner
Department of Immunology, Hannover Medical School, Federal Republic of Germany
J Biol Chem 270:1350-61. 1995..It is suggested that these nucleotide differences might contribute to cell type-specific transcription of Fc gamma RIII genes...
- The human natural killer cell receptor for major histocompatibility complex class I molecules. Surface modulation of p58 molecules and their linkage to CD3 zeta chain, Fc epsilon RI gamma chain and the p56lck kinaseC Bottino
Instituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genova, Italy
Eur J Immunol 24:2527-34. 1994..The p58 receptor also revealed an association with molecules belonging to the zeta family (i.e. CD3 zeta and Fc epsilon RI gamma chains)...
- Alterations of T cell activation signalling and cytokine production by postmenopausal estrogen levelsLowell T Ku
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women s Health, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Immun Ageing 6:1. 2009..Lower signalling protein levels appear to result from decreased CD3-zeta, JAK2, and JAK3 gene expressions. These findings may provide a molecular basis for immunosenescence associated with the postmenopausal state...
- T-cell-rich B-cell lymphoma - diagnostic and therapeutic aspectsUlla Axdorph
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Hospital and Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
APMIS 110:379-90. 2002....
- Early human T cell development: analysis of the human thymus at the time of initial entry of hematopoietic stem cells into the fetal thymic microenvironmentB F Haynes
Department of Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Exp Med 181:1445-58. 1995..CD1b, then CD1c, then CD1a), TCR molecules (TCR-beta, then TCR-delta), CD45RA and CD45RO isoforms, CD28 (10 wk), CD3 zeta (12-13 wk), and CD6 (12,75 wk)...
- Development and function of T cells in T cell antigen receptor/CD3 zeta knockout mice reconstituted with Fc epsilon RI gammaC P Liu
Department of Medicine, National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:616-21. 1997..Also, these results revealed a difference in the regulation of expression of the TCR/CD3 complex on CD4+ and CD8+ T cells...
- Pathways participating in activation of mouse uterine natural killer cells during pregnancyXuemei Xie
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
Biol Reprod 73:510-8. 2005..activation pathways are known: FcRgamma/CD3zeta, DNAX-activating protein (DAP) 10, and DAP12 (genes Fcgr3/Cd3z, Hcst, and Tyrobp, respectively)...
- Induction of tumor-specific cytotoxicity in tumor infiltrating lymphocytes by HPV16 and HPV18 E7-pulsed autologous dendritic cells in patients with cancer of the uterine cervixAlessandro D Santin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock 72205 7199, USA
Gynecol Oncol 89:271-80. 2003....
- Definition of polymorphic residues on killer Ig-like receptor proteins which contribute to the HLA-C binding siteJ Richardson
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Eur J Immunol 30:1480-5. 2000..The data presented here show that while multiple polymorphic residues contribute to the HLA-C binding site on KIR proteins, two clusters of polymorphic residues define the group allotype specificity of HLA-C binding to a KIR2D molecule...
- Prostate tumor microenvironment alters immune cells and prevents long-term survival in an orthotopic mouse model following flt3-ligand/CD40-ligand immunotherapyRichard P Ciavarra
Departments of Microbiology and Molecular Cell Biology, Virginia Prostate Center, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia 23501, USA
J Immunother 27:13-26. 2004..Overall, these data suggest that long-term cures of established MHC-negative tumors may not be achieved until therapeutic interventions are engineered to overcome this immunosuppressive microenvironment...
- Tyrosine and serine protein kinase activities associated with ligand-induced internalized TCR/CD3 complexesF Luton
Center of Immunology INSERM CNRS, Marseille Luminy, France
J Immunol 158:3140-7. 1997..an in vitro kinase assay of CD3 immunoprecipitates from early and late endosome fractions showed that the CD3 zeta- and epsilon-chains were phosphorylated exclusively on tyrosine, whereas the CD3 gamma- and delta-chains were ..
- Rat CD16 is defined by a family of class III Fc gamma receptors requiring co-expression of heteroprotein subunitsD L Farber
Department of Biological Sciences, University of California, Santa Barbara 93106
J Immunol 146:4352-61. 1991..between this sequence and the transmembrane sequences of two heteroprotein subunits, Fc epsilon RI gamma and CD3 zeta, known to interact with human and mouse class III receptors...
- A motif within the T cell receptor alpha chain constant region connecting peptide domain controls antigen responsivenessB T Backstrom
Basel Institute for Immunology, Switzerland
Immunity 5:437-47. 1996..This conserved alpha chain connecting peptide motif might mediate the transfer of signals from the alphabeta heterodimer to the CD3/zeta complex...
- Elements related to heterogeneity of antibody-dependent cell cytotoxicity in patients under trastuzumab therapy for primary operable breast cancer overexpressing Her2Stefania Varchetta
Oncology Department, Scientific Institute of Pavia, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri Clinica del Lavoro e della Riabilitazione, Istituti di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Pavia, Italy
Cancer Res 67:11991-9. 2007..of CD16(+) lymphocytes was influenced by 158 V/F polymorphism of Fc gamma RIII (CD16), whereas variations of CD247 on NK cells were consistent with trends between ADCC before and after therapy...
- An entirely humanized CD3 zeta-chain signaling receptor that directs peripheral blood t cells to specific lysis of carcinoembryonic antigen-positive tumor cellsA Hombach
, Labor Tumorgenetik, , , Germany
Int J Cancer 88:115-20. 2000..antigen (CEA), the IgG hinge and CH2/CH3 (Fc) joining region, and the transmembrane and intracellular CD3 zeta signaling chain...
- Profiling lymphocyte subpopulations in peripheral blood under efalizumab treatment of psoriasis by multi epitope ligand cartography (MELC) robot microscopyBernd Bonnekoh
Clinic for Dermatology and Venereology, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Leipziger Str 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Eur J Dermatol 16:623-35. 2006..led furthermore to an increase of the numbers of CD3+, CD4+, CD8+, CD44+, CD45+, CD45R0+, CD45 RA+, CD52+, CD58+, CD247+, HLA-DR+ and Sambucus nigra lectin-reactive lymphocytes (by factors from 2.0 to 3.3x)...
- Tumor-associated macrophages and CD3-zeta expression of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes in human esophageal squamous-cell carcinomaS J Guo
Department of Immunology, Cancer Institute and Cancer Hospital, Peking Uninion Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, PR China
Dis Esophagus 20:107-16. 2007..029 and P = 0.031, respectively)...
- CD3 eta and CD3 zeta are alternatively spliced products of a common genetic locus and are transcriptionally and/or post-transcriptionally regulated during T-cell developmentL K Clayton
Laboratory of Immunobiology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:5202-6. 1991..the organization of the mouse CD3 eta gene and show that it is part of one gene locus that also encodes CD3 zeta on chromosome 1...
- Changes in expression of signal transduction proteins in T lymphocytes of patients with leprosyA H Zea
Immunotherapy Program, Stanley S Scott Cancer Center, Louisiana State University Medical Center, New Orleans 70112, USA
Infect Immun 66:499-504. 1998..These novel findings might improve our understanding of the T-cell dysfunction observed in leprosy and other infectious diseases and consequently might lead to better immunologic evaluation of patients...
- Negative regulation of expression and function of Fc gamma RIII by CD3 zeta in murine NK cellsH Arase
Department of Molecular Genetics, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
J Immunol 166:21-5. 2001..Although NK cells express not only FcR gamma but also CD3 zeta, the role of CD3 zeta in NK cell function remains unclear...
- Developmental arrest of NK1.1+ T cell antigen receptor (TCR)-alpha/beta+ T cells and expansion of NK1.1+ TCR-gamma/delta+ T cell development in CD3 zeta-deficient miceH Arase
Division of Molecular Genetics, Chiba University School of Medicine, Japan
J Exp Med 182:891-5. 1995..1+ T cells was investigated. The TCR complex of freshly isolated NK1.1+ TCR-alpha/beta+ thymocytes contained CD3 zeta homodimers and CD zeta-FcR gamma heterodimers, whereas that of the majority of NK1...
- The combined effects of tryptophan starvation and tryptophan catabolites down-regulate T cell receptor zeta-chain and induce a regulatory phenotype in naive T cellsFrancesca Fallarino
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
J Immunol 176:6752-61. 2006....
- The loss of telomerase activity in highly differentiated CD8+CD28-CD27- T cells is associated with decreased Akt (Ser473) phosphorylationFiona J Plunkett
Department of Immunology and Molecular Pathology, University College London, 46 Cleveland Street, London, United Kingdom
J Immunol 178:7710-9. 2007..chimeric receptors containing the signaling domains of CD28, CD27, CD137, CD134, and ICOS in series with the CD3 zeta (zeta) chain into primary human CD8(+) T cells...
- The T-cell antigen CD5 acts as a receptor and substrate for the protein-tyrosine kinase p56lckM Raab
Division of Tumor Immunology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Mol Cell Biol 14:2862-70. 1994..CD5 interaction with p56lck represents a novel variant of a receptor-kinase complex in which receptor can also serve as substrate. The CD5-p56lck interaction is likely to play roles in T-cell signalling and T-B collaboration...
- Tissue eosinophilia in relation to immunopathological and clinical characteristics in Hodgkin's diseaseU Axdorph
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Hospital and Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Leuk Lymphoma 42:1055-65. 2001..However, the differences in small cell distribution of CD8, TIA-1, GrB and CD57 between the histopathological groups and between LMP-1-expressing/non-expressing cases may contribute to our understanding of the biology of the disease...
- Modulation of T-cell CD3-zeta chain expression during normal pregnancyDouglas D Taylor
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
J Reprod Immunol 54:15-31. 2002..Suppression of zeta expression appears to be due to a circulating low-molecular-weight protein that suppresses CD3-zeta in a concentration-dependent manner...
- Rat class III Fc gamma receptor isoforms differ in IgG subclass-binding specificity and fail to associate productively with rat CD3 zetaD L Farber
Department of Biological Sciences, University of California, Santa Barbara 93106
J Immunol 150:4364-75. 1993..Cloned cDNA for the rat CD3 zeta protein was also isolated in this study and its ability to augment surface expression of class III Fc gamma R was ..
- Three phase II cytokine working group trials of gp100 (210M) peptide plus high-dose interleukin-2 in patients with HLA-A2-positive advanced melanomaJeffrey A Sosman
Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center Vanderbilt, University Medical Center, Section of Hematology Oncology, 777 Preston Research Bldg, Nashville, TN 37232 6307, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2292-8. 2008..We evaluated 210M with one of three different IL-2 schedules to determine whether a basis exists for a phase III trial...
- Conversion of a tumor-binding peptide identified by phage display to a functional chimeric T cell antigen receptorC R J Pameijer
Division of General and Oncologic Surgery, Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook, NY, USA
Cancer Gene Ther 14:91-7. 2007..Our data suggest that large new repertoires of tumor-specific T cell antigen receptor transgenes might be available through merging combinatorial peptide libraries with CAR construct design...
- T cell development and T cell responses in mice with mutations affecting tyrosines 292 or 315 of the ZAP-70 protein tyrosine kinaseA Magnan
Centre d immunologie de Marseille Luminy, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS Univ Med, Parc Scientifique de Luminy, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
J Exp Med 194:491-505. 2001..The present in vivo analyses extend previous data based on transformed T cell lines and suggest that residue Y292 plays a role in attenuation of TCR signaling, whereas residue Y315 enhances ZAP-70 function...
- Tumor-associated macrophage (TAM) infiltration in gastric cancerSumiya Ishigami
First Department of Surgery, Kagoshima University School of Medicine, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima 890, Japan
Anticancer Res 23:4079-83. 2003..Tumor-associated macrophages (TAMs) are defined as macrophages that migrate into the tumor stroma. TAMs are known to directly or indirectly affect immune suppression. TAMs have not previously been reported in gastric cancer...
- Rhabdomyosarcoma lysis by T cells expressing a human autoantibody-based chimeric receptor targeting the fetal acetylcholine receptorStefan Gattenlohner
Institute of Pathology, University of Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
Cancer Res 66:24-8. 2006....
- Arginase activity mediates reversible T cell hyporesponsiveness in human pregnancyPascale Kropf
Department of Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, London, UK
Eur J Immunol 37:935-45. 2007..Arginase-mediated L-arginine depletion induces down-regulation of CD3 zeta, the main signalling chain of the TCR, and functional T cell hyporesponsiveness...
- Effect of hydralazine on CD3-zeta chain expression in Jurkat T cellsR Januchowski
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Medical Sciences, ul Swiecickiego 6, 60 781 Poznan, Poland
Adv Med Sci 51:178-80. 2006..Hydralazine (HYD) inhibits expression of DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) and may cause a lupus-like disease in man...
- Alterations in T-cell signal transduction molecules associated with recurrent spontaneous pregnancy lossDouglas D Taylor
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Louisville, School of Medicine, 511 S Floyd Street, MDR 420, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
J Reprod Immunol 63:137-54. 2004..Our findings indicate that women experiencing RSA fail to suppress CD3-zeta and JAK3, suggesting a deficiency in this circulating factor that induces their suppression in normal pregnancy...
- VLA-4 integrin concentrates at the peripheral supramolecular activation complex of the immune synapse and drives T helper 1 responsesMaria Mittelbrunn
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital de la Princesa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid 28006, Spain
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:11058-63. 2004..These data reveal a regulatory role of alpha 4 integrins on T lymphocyte-antigen presenting cell cognate immune interactions...
- Suppression of proximal T cell receptor signaling and lytic function in CD8+ tumor-infiltrating T cellsNgozi Monu
Department of Cell Biology, New York University Cancer Institute, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Cancer Res 67:11447-54. 2007..Although CD3 zeta is phosphorylated by conjugation in vitro with cognate tumor cells, showing that TIL are triggered, PLC gamma-1, ..
- Down-regulation of the T cell receptor CD3 zeta chain in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and its influence on T cell responsivenessL Berg
Department of Medicine, Unit of Rheumatology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Exp Immunol 120:174-82. 2000..behind this hyporesponsiveness is unclear, but a depressed expression of the T cell receptor (TCR)-associated CD3zeta chain has been suggested...
- The recombinant T cell receptor strategy: insights into structure and function of recombinant immunoreceptors on the way towards an optimal receptor design for cellular immunotherapyAndreas Hombach
Lab Tumorgenetik, Klinik I fur Innere Medizin, Universitat zu Koln, Joseph Stelzmann Str 9, D 50924 Koln, Germany
Curr Gene Ther 2:211-26. 2002..g., the Fc epsilon RI receptor gamma-chain or the CD3 zeta-chain...
- Reversal of hyporesponsiveness in lpr CD4-CD8- T cells is achieved by induction of cell cycling and normalization of CD2 and p59fyn expressionJ L Clements
Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology Unit, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington 05405
Eur J Immunol 24:558-65. 1994..These findings show that cell cycling is associated with the recovery of functional capabilities by lprCD4-CD8-T cells and is closely allied with surface CD2 expression. Thus, the hyporesponsiveness of lpr T cells is not a fixed state...
- Dominance of CD4+ lymphocytic infiltrates with disturbed effector cell characteristics in the tumor microenvironment of prostate carcinomaKathleen Ebelt
Institute of Molecular Immunology, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Munich, Germany
Prostate 68:1-10. 2008..The goal of this investigation was to assess in situ characteristics of prostate cancer-infiltrating lymphocytes and to determine their activation status and effector function...
- The inositol 5'-phosphatase SHIP binds to immunoreceptor signaling motifs and responds to high affinity IgE receptor aggregationM A Osborne
Department of Metabolic Diseases, Hoffmann La Roche, Inc, Nutley, New Jersey 07110, USA
J Biol Chem 271:29271-8. 1996..SHIP is constitutively tyrosine-phosphorylated and associated with Shc and Grb2. These data suggest that SHIP may serve as a multifunctional linker protein in receptor activation...
- Novel mouse mutants with primary cellular immunodeficiencies generated by genome-wide mutagenesisThilo Jakob
Allergy Research Group, Department of Dermatology, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:179-184.e7. 2008..Primary cellular immunodeficiencies are a group of genetic disorders in which 1 or more components of the cellular immune system are lacking or dysfunctional...
- T-cell receptor zeta-chain expression on tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes from renal cell carcinomaG Cardi
The Uro Oncology Group of the Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756 0001, USA
Cancer Res 57:3517-9. 1997..The loss of zeta-chain expression that was noted by others may be related to differences in laboratory method, and the small changes we have noted are unlikely to be sufficient in explaining the immunosuppression of TILs...
- Addition of the CD28 signaling domain to chimeric T-cell receptors enhances chimeric T-cell resistance to T regulatory cellsA Loskog
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Leukemia 20:1819-28. 2006..When a CD19 single-chain Fv antibody was coupled to the CD3 zeta (zeta) chain, there was sharply reduced activity on exposure to T regulatory cells, measured by CD19+ target-..
- Imaging T-cell receptor activation reveals accumulation of tyrosine-phosphorylated CD3ζ in the endosomal compartmentIvan A Yudushkin
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:22128-33. 2010..These results suggest that an intracellular pool of phosphorylated CD3ζ may help to sustain TcR/CD3 signaling after the receptor internalization...
- Characterization of immature thymocyte lines derived from T-cell receptor or recombination activating gene 1 and p53 double mutant miceP Mombaerts
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:7420-4. 1995..These lines will be useful tools to study the molecular structure and signal transducing properties of partial CD3-TCR complexes expressed on the surface of immature thymocytes...
- Targeting of tumor cells expressing the prostate stem cell antigen (PSCA) using genetically engineered T-cellsAgnieszka Morgenroth
Institute of Immunology, Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus, Technical University Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Prostate 67:1121-31. 2007..It is broadly expressed on the surface of primary PCa cells as well as on PCa metastases...
- Restoration of expression of signal-transduction molecules in lymphocytes from patients with metastatic renal cell cancer after combination immunotherapyJ W Gratama
Department of Medical and Tumor Immunology, University Hospital Rotterdam Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, The Netherlands
Cancer Immunol Immunother 48:263-9. 1999....
- The effect of MCP-1 depletion on chemokine and chemokine-related gene expression: evidence for a complex network in acute inflammationAhalia M Ferreira
Burn and Shock Trauma Institute, Department of Surgery, Loyola Medical Center, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Cytokine 30:64-71. 2005..Persephin, IL-1beta, MIP-2, MSP, IL1ra, CCR5, CCR3, IL-11) and significant downregulation of two genes (CCR4 and CD3Z) in acute wounds. The array data was confirmed by semi-quantitative RT-PCR...
- Cooperative interactions of simian immunodeficiency virus Nef, AP-2, and CD3-zeta mediate the selective induction of T-cell receptor-CD3 endocytosisTomek Swigut
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724, USA
J Virol 77:8116-26. 2003..The fact that Nef uses distinct AP-2 interaction surfaces to recruit specific membrane receptors demonstrates how Nef independently selects distinct types of target receptors and recruits them to AP-2 for endocytosis...
- Association of CD247 polymorphisms with rheumatoid arthritis: a replication study and a meta-analysisMaría Teruel
Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina Lopez Neyra, Granada, Spain
PLoS ONE 8:e68295. 2013Given the role of CD247 in the response of the T cells, its entailment in autoimmune diseases and in order to better clarify the role of this gene in RA susceptibility, we aimed to analyze CD247 gene variants previously associated with ..
- Carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule 1 inhibits proximal TCR signaling by targeting ZAP-70Zhangguo Chen
Gastroenterology Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 180:6085-93. 2008..These studies show that long CT isoforms of CEACAM1 orchestrate an inhibitory program that abrogates extremely proximal events downstream of the TCR/CD3 complex by focusing on the activation of ZAP-70...
- T-cell receptor-induced phosphorylation of the zeta chain is efficiently promoted by ZAP-70 but not SykMarcos Steinberg
Institut de Genetique Moleculaire de Montpellier, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité de Recherches 5535 Institut Fédératife de Recherche, F 34293 Montpellier 5, France
Blood 104:760-7. 2004..The interplay between Syk and ZAP-70 in thymocytes, certain T cells, and B-chronic lymphocytic leukemia cells, in which they are coexpressed, will therefore modulate the amplitude of antigen-mediated receptor signaling...
- Investigation of the kinetics and order of tyrosine phosphorylation in the T-cell receptor zeta chain by the protein tyrosine kinase LckHazel R Housden
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Biological Sciences, University of Southampton, UK
Eur J Biochem 270:2369-76. 2003....
- Meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies in celiac disease and rheumatoid arthritis identifies fourteen non-HLA shared lociAlexandra Zhernakova
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
PLoS Genet 7:e1002004. 2011..2 × 10(-12)), rs864537 near CD247 (P(combined) = 2.2 × 10(-11)), rs2298428 near UBE2L3 (P(combined) = 2...
- Architectural changes in the TCR:CD3 complex induced by MHC:peptide ligationNicole L La Gruta
Department of Immunology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
J Immunol 172:3662-9. 2004..However, little is known about the molecular events that drive this process. The CD3 zeta-chain has been shown to play a unique role in regulating the assembly, transport, and cell surface expression of ..
- Immune responses to human tumors: development of tumor vaccinesChris D Platsoucas
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, Center for Biotechnology, College of Science and Technology, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Anticancer Res 23:1969-96. 2003..Induction of lymphocyte apoptosis by tumor cells using the Fas/Fas L pathway; (vii) Down-regulation or absence of CD3 zeta (zeta) transcripts or protein in tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL), and others...
- Decreased expression of the CD3zeta chain in T cells infiltrating the synovial membrane of patients with osteoarthritisLazaros I Sakkas
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 11:195-202. 2004..The CD3zeta chain is involved in the T-cell signal transduction cascade, which is initiated by the engagement of the T-cell ..
- The CD3 zeta subunit contains a phosphoinositide-binding motif that is required for the stable accumulation of TCR-CD3 complex at the immunological synapseLaura M DeFord-Watts
Department of Immunology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Immunol 186:6839-47. 2011..Such findings demonstrate a novel functional role for CD3 ζ BRS-phosphoinositide interactions in supporting T cell activation...
- Chimeric antigen receptor-modified T cells in chronic lymphoid leukemiaDavid L Porter
Abramson Cancer Center, and Department of Medicine, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
N Engl J Med 365:725-33. 2011..Remission was ongoing 10 months after treatment. Hypogammaglobulinemia was an expected chronic toxic effect...
- Uncoupling of T cell receptor zeta chain function during the induction of anergy by the superantigen, staphylococcal enterotoxin AWilliam D Cornwell
Fels Institute, Temple University School of Medicine, 3307 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Toxins (Basel) 2:1704-17. 2010..Most interestingly, TCR zeta chain phosphorylation was absent under SEA anergizing conditions, which suggests an uncoupling of zeta chain ..
- The role of monocytes/macrophages in TCR-zeta chain downregulation and apoptosis of T lymphocytes in malignant pleural effusionsJ Sikora
Chair of Clinical Immunology University of Medical Sciences, Poznari, Poland
J Biol Regul Homeost Agents 18:26-32. 2004..These data suggest that decreased zeta chain expression in T cells in MPE may be related to the abundance of monocyte/macrophages in effusions...
- Human embryonic stem cells suppress T cell responses via arginase I-dependent mechanismNurit Yachimovich-Cohen
Hadassah Human Embryonic Stem Cell Research Center, Goldyne Savad Institute of Gene Therapy, Hadassah University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
J Immunol 184:1300-8. 2010..Finally, T cells infiltrating ESC-derived teratomas have significantly lower levels of CD3-zeta chain. Collectively, the data indicate a role for ESC-arginase I activity in the attenuation of T cell activation...
- Effect of TNF-alpha on CD3-zeta and MHC-I in postnatal rat hippocampusNermin Sourial-Bassillious
Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Institutet, Astrid Lindgren Children s Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Pediatr Res 60:377-81. 2006..These results may offer a molecular explanation to the adverse effects of increased circulating levels of cytokines on brain in neonatal hypoxia...
- Decreased expression of CD3zeta and nuclear transcription factor kappa B in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis: potential mechanisms and reversibility with treatmentArnold H Zea
Stanley S Scott Cancer Center, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
J Infect Dis 194:1385-93. 2006..The decreased expression of CD3zeta reported in T cells from patients with either cancer or leprosy has provided possible explanations for the altered immune response observed in these diseases...
- The structure of the zetazeta transmembrane dimer reveals features essential for its assembly with the T cell receptorMatthew E Call
Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 127:355-68. 2006..This structural unit, representing only the second transmembrane dimer interface solved to date, serves as a paradigm for the assembly of all modules involved in TCR signaling...
- Identification of substrates of human protein-tyrosine phosphatase PTPN22Jiansheng Wu
Celera Genomics, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 281:11002-10. 2006..Native PTPN22 also dephosphorylated TCRzeta in vitro and in cells, and its substrate trap variant co-immunoprecipitated with TCRzeta when both were coexpressed in 293T cells, establishing TCRzeta as a direct substrate of PTPN22...
- Modelling thymic HIV-1 Nef effectsVeronique Stove
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, Ghent University, Ghent University Hospital, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Curr HIV Res 4:57-64. 2006..These in vitro and in vivo studies have led to a better understanding of Nef's mechanism of action, although there still exists discord as to the contribution of Nef-mediated disturbance of thymopoiesis in the pathogenesis of AIDS...
- T-cell receptor triggering is critically dependent on the dimensions of its peptide-MHC ligandKaushik Choudhuri
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3RE, UK
Nature 436:578-82. 2005..These results show the importance of the small size of the TCR-pMHC complex and support a role for size-based segregation of cell-surface molecules in TCR triggering...
- L-Arginine modulates CD3zeta expression and T cell function in activated human T lymphocytesArnold H Zea
Stanley S Scott Cancer Center, LSUHSC, New Orleans, LA, USA
Cell Immunol 232:21-31. 2004..The replenishment of L-arginine recovers the expression of CD3zeta. The decreased expression of CD3zeta is not caused by a decreased CD3zeta mRNA, an increased CD3zeta degradation or T cell apoptosis...
- Polymorphisms in the CD3Z gene influence TCRzeta expression in systemic lupus erythematosus patients and healthy controlsClaire L Gorman
Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, UK
J Immunol 180:1060-70. 2008TCRzeta (CD247) functions as an amplification module in the TCR signaling cascade and is essential for assembly and surface expression of the TCR/CD3 complex...
- Tracking antigen-experienced effector T cells in vitro and in vivoClaire L Gorman
Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, The Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology, London, UK
Methods Mol Biol 616:253-67. 2010..TCRzeta (CD247) functions as an amplification module in the TCR signalling cascade and is also essential for the assembly and ..
- Phosphotyrosine proteomic study of interferon alpha signaling pathway using a combination of immunoprecipitation and immobilized metal affinity chromatographyHaiyan Zheng
Discovery Technologies, Novartis Institute for Biomedical Research, Inc, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 4:721-30. 2005..A specific site on alpha-tubulin (Tyr-271) was observed to be phosphorylated upon treatment as well. Furthermore, our results suggest that LOC257106, a CDC42 GAP-like protein, is potentially involved in this pathway...
- Association between the expression of IL-10 and T cell activation proteins loss in early breast cancer patientsLeticia Llanes-Fernández
Instituto Nacional de Oncologia y Radiobiologia, 29 y F, Vedado, Ciudad de La Habana, CP 10400, Havana, Cuba
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 135:255-64. 2009..These results are useful in order to understand the local immune response that would be key in the control of the tumor progression...
- Function of the Src-family kinases, Lck and Fyn, in T-cell development and activationEmil H Palacios
Rosalind Russell Medical Research Center for Arthritis, Department of Medicine and The Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0795, USA
Oncogene 23:7990-8000. 2004..SFKs are required for each of these TCR-based signals, and Lck seems to be the major contributor...
- Allelic exclusion of the TCR alpha-chain is an active process requiring TCR-mediated signaling and c-CblNathalie Niederberger
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Immunol 170:4557-63. 2003..distinct alpha-chains for a single beta-chain, as proposed by the dueling alpha-chain model, nor by limiting CD3 zeta-chain in mature TCR(high) thymocytes...
- Interaction between G proteins and tyrosine kinases upon T cell receptor.CD3-mediated signalingJ Stanners
Department of Biology and Molecular Biology Institute, San Diego State University, California 92182, USA
J Biol Chem 270:30635-42. 1995..b>CD3 zeta and epsilon chains, as well as ZAP-70, upon anti-CD3 antibody triggering...
- CD38 is associated with lipid rafts and upon receptor stimulation leads to Akt/protein kinase B and Erk activation in the absence of the CD3-zeta immune receptor tyrosine-based activation motifsMercedes Zubiaur
Hospital Universitario San Cecilio, Granada 18012, Spain
J Biol Chem 277:13-22. 2002....
- Expression and selection of productively rearranged TCR beta VDJ genes are sequentially regulated by CD3 signaling in the development of NK1.1(+) alpha beta T cellsN Baur
Max Planck Institut fur Immunbiologie, Stubeweg 51, 79108 Freiburg, Germany
Int Immunol 13:1031-42. 2001..Here we studied NKT cell development in CD3 signaling-deficient mice (CD3 zeta/eta(-/-) and/or p56(lck-/-)) and TCR alpha-deficient mice. In contrast to wild-type mice, NK1...
- Characterization of Itk tyrosine kinase: contribution of noncatalytic domains to enzymatic activityJ Hawkins
Department of High Throughput Screening and Automation, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, New Jersey 07065, USA
Protein Expr Purif 22:211-9. 2001..substrates, including Src associated in mitosis 68K protein (SAM68), CD28, linker for activation of T cells, and CD3 zeta, at a fixed concentration indicated that SAM68 was phosphorylated most rapidly...
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of the CD3-epsilon subunit of the T cell antigen receptor mediates enhanced association with phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase in Jurkat T cellsI de Aos
Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Ventanilla 11, 18001 Granada, Spain
J Biol Chem 272:25310-8. 1997..The data also support a model in which a single CD3 subunit can recruit distinct effector molecules by means of TCR-mediated differential ITAM phosphorylation...
- The effect of peripheral blood lymphocyte stimulation on zeta chain expression and IL-2 production in Hodgkin's diseaseI Frydecka
Department of Haematology, Medical University, Pasteura 4, Wroclaw, 50 367, Poland
Br J Cancer 84:1339-43. 2001..Considering the pivotal role of CD3-zeta in immune response, our data suggest that successful immunotherapy approaches in active HD should consider inclusion of other potent cytokines, as well as genetically engineered tumour vaccines...
- Human CD3-epsilon gene contains three miniexons and is transcribed from a non-TATA promoterH C Clevers
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 85:8156-60. 1988..Pulsed-field electrophoresis showed that the human CD3-epsilon gene was separated from the CD3-gamma, CD3-delta gene pair by at least 30 kilobases, but by no more than 300 kilobases...
- Activating receptors and coreceptors involved in human natural killer cell-mediated cytolysisA Moretta
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale, Universita degli Studi di Genova, Italy
Annu Rev Immunol 19:197-223. 2001..NCRs are coupled to different signal transducing adaptor proteins, including CD3 zeta, Fc epsilon RI gamma, and KARAP/DAP12. Another triggering NK receptor is NKG2D...
- Activation of the COOH-terminal Src kinase (Csk) by cAMP-dependent protein kinase inhibits signaling through the T cell receptorT Vang
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Oslo, N 0317 Oslo, Norway
J Exp Med 193:497-507. 2001..cAMP treatment of Jurkat and normal T cells reduces Lck-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation of the TCR/CD3 zeta chain after T cell activation, and decreases Lck activity...
- SLAP, a dimeric adapter protein, plays a functional role in T cell receptor signalingJ Tang
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:9775-80. 1999..The in vivo association of SLAP with key signaling molecules and its inhibition of T cell activation suggests that SLAP plays an important role in TCR-mediated signal transduction...
- T cell CD3-zeta eta heterodimer expression and coupling to phosphoinositide hydrolysisM Mercep
Biological Response Modifiers Program, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892
Science 242:571-4. 1988....
- Activation Defects in T Cells of Aged MiceRichard A Miller; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- OPIATE RECEPTOR MEDIATED EFFECTS OF STRESS ON IMMUNITYBURT SHARP; Fiscal Year: 2003..In summary, these investigations will help clarify our understanding of the expression and function of T cell DORs and their potential immunopharmacological role in modulating the T cell response to HIV- 1. ..
- Antibody-Targeted NK Cell Activation for Cancer TherapyLouis Weiner; Fiscal Year: 2006..because it is broadly expressed by NK cells, and signals through DAP10, whereas CD16 signals through FceRg and CD3z chains...
- CELL SURFACE RECEPTORS ON CYTOTOXIC T CELLSCORNELIS TERHORST; Fiscal Year: 2001..Further study the in vitro TCR signal transduction in peripheral CD4 plus and CD8 plus T lymphocytes from CD3-zeta/eta null mice. ..
- Arginine Availability, Modulated by MDSC, Regulates T Cell Function in CancerAugusto C Ochoa; Fiscal Year: 2010..or cdk6), inhibits the production of IFNg (but not IL2), and blocks the expression of the T cell receptor z chain (CD3z), severely impairing T cell function...
- Arginine Availability, Modulated by MDSC, Regulates T Cell Function in CancerAugusto C Ochoa; Fiscal Year: 2011..or cdk6), inhibits the production of IFNg (but not IL2), and blocks the expression of the T cell receptor z chain (CD3z), severely impairing T cell function...
- Arginine Regulates T Cell Signal Transduction & FunctionAugusto Ochoa; Fiscal Year: 2007..or cdk6), inhibits the production of IFNg (but not IL2), and blocks the expression of the T cell receptor z chain (CD3z), severely impairing T cell function...
- Tumor-reactive IgG in the diagnosis of ovarian cancerDouglas Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2005..Ultimately, antigenic proteins, linked with histologic type and stage of disease, will be combined into the development of protein arrays to screen for circulating reactive IgG as an early diagnostic test. ..
- GENES ENCODING T CELL RECEPTORSEllis Reinherz; Fiscal Year: 2001..Studies of CD2-based signal transduction were initiated and the CD3 zeta requirement in association with either the TCR or CD16 complex shown...
- GENETIC CONTROL OF LONGEVITY IN MICERichard Miller; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Dendritic Cell Immunotherapy for Cervical CancerAlessandro Santin; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will determine whether E7 antigen-loaded autologous DC vaccination offers the potential of therapeutic benefit for patients with HPV16 or HPV18-associated cervical cancer. ..
- GENETIC CONTROL OF LONGEVITY IN MICERichard Miller; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- TRAINING PROGRAMS IN MICROBIOLOGY AND IMMUNOLOGYDoina Ganea; Fiscal Year: 2007..Postdoctoral trainees must have received a Ph.D. or M.D. degree, and past productivity as assessed by publication record is used, at least in part, as the basis for evaluating applicants. ..
- GENETICS OF AGE SENSITIVE TRAITS IN MICERichard Miller; Fiscal Year: 2003..At best, the program may permit the localization of loci that influence multiple age-sensitive domains and are thus plausible candidates for genes that regulate the rate of aging per se. ..
- THE FUNCTION OF T-BET IN T HELPER CELL DEVELOPMENTStanford Peng; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Overcoming DC defects in cancer patients by VEGF trapJeffrey Sosman; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thereby, the correlative studies described here may lead to the establishment of VEGF inhibition, VEGF Trap, specifically, as an approach to combine with and enhance cancer immunotherapy. ..
- MYCOPLASMA INFECTIONS AND CHILDHOOD ASTHMAT Atkinson; Fiscal Year: 2002..Finally, I plan to investigate the effects of infection in a mouse model of asthma, which will permit the use of deletional mutant strains in the investigation of pathogenic mechanisms. ..