Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CD16
Description: Fc fragment of IgG receptor IIIa
Alias: CD16, CD16A, FCG3, FCGR3, FCGRIII, FCR-10, FCRIII, FCRIIIA, IGFR3, IMD20, low affinity immunoglobulin gamma Fc region receptor III-A, CD16a antigen, Fc fragment of IgG, low affinity III, receptor for (CD16), Fc fragment of IgG, low affinity IIIa, receptor (CD16a), Fc gamma receptor III-A, Fc-gamma RIII-alpha, Fc-gamma receptor III-2 (CD 16), Fc-gamma receptor IIIb (CD16), FcgammaRIIIA, igG Fc receptor III-2, immunoglobulin G Fc receptor III, neutrophil-specific antigen NA
- Carlotti E, Palumbo G, Oldani E, Tibullo D, Salmoiraghi S, Rossi A, et al. FcgammaRIIIA and FcgammaRIIA polymorphisms do not predict clinical outcome of follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma patients treated with sequential CHOP and rituximab. Haematologica. 2007;92:1127-30 pubmedWe analyzed FcgammaRIIIA-158V/F and FcgammaRIIA-131H/R polymorphisms in a cohort of 94 newly diagnosed follicular lymphoma (FL) patients sequentially treated with CHOP and Rituximab. With a median follow-up of 5...
- Qiu W, de Bruin D, Brownstein B, Pearse R, Ravetch J. Organization of the human and mouse low-affinity Fc gamma R genes: duplication and recombination. Science. 1990;248:732-5 pubmed..Comparison of the human and mouse genes generated a model for the evolutionary amplification of this locus. ..
- Armour K, Smith C, Clark M. Expression of human FcgammaRIIIa as a GPI-linked molecule on CHO cells to enable measurement of human IgG binding. J Immunol Methods. 2010;354:20-33 pubmed publisher..considerable inter-donor and intra-donor variability, which makes the measurement of antibody binding to human FcgammaRIIIa, the key receptor for ADCC, an attractive alternative method of assessment...
- Ozturk C, Aksu G, Berdeli A, Kutukculer N. Fc gamma RIIa, IIIa and IIIb polymorphisms in Turkish children susceptible to recurrent infectious diseases. Clin Exp Med. 2006;6:27-32 pubmed..displays interindividual heterogeneity due to genetic polymorphisms of three FcgammaR subclasses: FcgammaRIIa, FcgammaRIIIa and FcgammaRIIIb. FcgammaR polymorphisms may contribute to disease susceptibility or may alter disease course...
- Pander J, Gelderblom H, Antonini N, Tol J, van Krieken J, van der Straaten T, et al. Correlation of FCGR3A and EGFR germline polymorphisms with the efficacy of cetuximab in KRAS wild-type metastatic colorectal cancer. Eur J Cancer. 2010;46:1829-34 pubmed publisher..EGFR and FCGR3A germline polymorphisms are associated with PFS in KRAS wild-type mCRC patients treated with cetuximab, bevacizumab and chemotherapy. ..
- Iwasaki M, Shimada N, Kasuga Y, Yokoyama S, Onuma H, Nishimura H, et al. Fragment c gamma receptor gene polymorphisms and breast cancer risk in case-control studies in Japanese, Japanese Brazilians, and non-Japanese Brazilians. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2011;126:497-505 pubmed publisher..68 (95% CI 0.37-1.27). In conclusion, our findings suggest that ADCC might not play a major role in the etiology of breast cancer. ..
- Weng W, Czerwinski D, Timmerman J, Hsu F, Levy R. Clinical outcome of lymphoma patients after idiotype vaccination is correlated with humoral immune response and immunoglobulin G Fc receptor genotype. J Clin Oncol. 2004;22:4717-24 pubmed..The anti-Id immune responses were measured and FcgammaRIIIa and FcgammaRIIa polymorphisms were determined and correlated with clinical outcome for these patients...
- van der Pol W, Jansen M, Sluiter W, van De Sluis B, Leppers van de Straat F, Kobayashi T, et al. Evidence for non-random distribution of Fcgamma receptor genotype combinations. Immunogenetics. 2003;55:240-6 pubmed..FcgammaRIIA, FcgammaRIIIA, and FcgammaRIIIB display functional biallelic polymorphisms...
- Lopez Escamez J, Saenz Lopez P, Gazquez I, Moreno A, Gonzalez Oller C, Soto Varela A, et al. Polymorphisms of CD16A and CD32 Fc? receptors and circulating immune complexes in Ménière's disease: a case-control study. BMC Med Genet. 2011;12:2 pubmed publisher..We examined single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNPs) in the CD16A and CD32 genes in patients with MD which may determine a Fc? receptor with lower binding to CIC...
- Ahlgrimm M, Pfreundschuh M, Kreuz M, Regitz E, Preuss K, Bittenbring J. The impact of Fc-? receptor polymorphisms in elderly patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma treated with CHOP with or without rituximab. Blood. 2011;118:4657-62 pubmed publisher..052) for PFS and 1.55 (P = .120) for EFS. The interaction of R-CHOP, but not CHOP with Fc?RIIIa polymorphisms, indicates a window of opportunity for CD20 antibodies designed to mediate enhanced antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity. ..
- Kyogoku C, Tsuchiya N, Matsuta K, Tokunaga K. Studies on the association of Fc gamma receptor IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB polymorphisms with rheumatoid arthritis in the Japanese: evidence for a genetic interaction between HLA-DRB1 and FCGR3A. Genes Immun. 2002;3:488-93 pubmed..009, P(corr)=0.07). In conclusion, FCGR3A-176F/F genotype was considered to confer risk through genetic interaction with HLA-DRB1 SE. ..
- Milicic A, Misra R, Agrawal S, Aggarwal A, Brown M, Wordsworth B. The F158V polymorphism in FcgammaRIIIA shows disparate associations with rheumatoid arthritis in two genetically distinct populations. Ann Rheum Dis. 2002;61:1021-3 pubmedTo investigate the association of the FcgammaRIIIA gene with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in two genetically distinct groups: a white group from the United Kingdom and a northern Indian group...
- Brun J, Madland T, Vedeler C. Immunoglobulin G fc-receptor (FcgammaR) IIA, IIIA, and IIIB polymorphisms related to disease severity in rheumatoid arthritis. J Rheumatol. 2002;29:1135-40 pubmed..We investigated the distribution of FcgammaRIIA, FcgammaRIIIA, and FcgammaRIIIB polymorphisms in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and whether they were related to disease ..
- Robinson J, Carr I, Cooper D, Rashid L, Martin S, Emery P, et al. Confirmation of association of FCGR3B but not FCGR3A copy number with susceptibility to autoantibody positive rheumatoid arthritis. Hum Mutat. 2012;33:741-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results may highlight an important role for neutrophils in the pathogenesis of RA, potentially through reduced FcγRIIIb-mediated immune complex clearance. ..
- Calemma R, Ottaiano A, Trotta A, Nasti G, Romano C, Napolitano M, et al. Fc gamma receptor IIIa polymorphisms in advanced colorectal cancer patients correlated with response to anti-EGFR antibodies and clinical outcome. J Transl Med. 2012;10:232 pubmed publisher..2 vs 17.3 vs 9.4 months). No prognostic ability was identified for Fc?RIIa polymorphisms. In mCRC patients the presence of Fc?RIIIa-F can predict resistance to anti-EGFR therapy and unfavorable prognosis. ..
- Zhang W, Azuma M, Lurje G, Gordon M, Yang D, Pohl A, et al. Molecular predictors of combination targeted therapies (cetuximab, bevacizumab) in irinotecan-refractory colorectal cancer (BOND-2 study). Anticancer Res. 2010;30:4209-17 pubmed..Intratumoral gene expression levels of EGFR, VEGFR2 and NRP as well as polymorphisms in FCGR3A, CyclinD1 and EGFR could predict clinical outcome in mCRC patients enrolled in BOND2, independent of KRAS mutation status. ..
- Paez D, Paré L, Espinosa I, Salazar J, del Rio E, Barnadas A, et al. Immunoglobulin G fragment C receptor polymorphisms and KRAS mutations: are they useful biomarkers of clinical outcome in advanced colorectal cancer treated with anti-EGFR-based therapy?. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:2048-53 pubmed publisher..To date, the EORTC (European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Classification), skin toxicity, and KRAS status are the only reliable biomarkers to identify patients that would benefit from anti-EGFR therapy. ..
- Poonia B, Kijak G, Pauza C. High affinity allele for the gene of FCGR3A is risk factor for HIV infection and progression. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15562 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that high activity alleles of FCGR3A may be risk factors for HIV infection or progression and we need to understand how allelic variants affect the balance between virus control and immune activation. ..
- Keane C, Nourse J, Crooks P, Nguyen Van D, Mutsando H, Mollee P, et al. Homozygous FCGR3A-158V alleles predispose to late onset neutropenia after CHOP-R for diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Intern Med J. 2012;42:1113-9 pubmed publisher..Polymorphic analysis may be a predictive tool to identify those at high risk of LON. Prospective studies are required to establish definitively if LON or FCGR3A-158V/V genotype influences outcome. ..
- Thabet M, Huizinga T, Marques R, Stoeken Rijsbergen G, Bakker A, Kurreeman F, et al. Contribution of Fcgamma receptor IIIA gene 158V/F polymorphism and copy number variation to the risk of ACPA-positive rheumatoid arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2009;68:1775-80 pubmed publisher..To investigate whether FcgammaRIIIA 158V/F SNP associates differently with ACPA-positive and ACPA-negative RA and to assess if the FcgammaRIIIA ..
- Morgan A, Griffiths B, Ponchel F, Montague B, Ali M, Gardner P, et al. Fcgamma receptor type IIIA is associated with rheumatoid arthritis in two distinct ethnic groups. Arthritis Rheum. 2000;43:2328-34 pubmed..a functional polymorphism in the intermediate-affinity receptor for IgG called Fc-gamma receptor type IIIA (FcgammaRIIIA [CD16]) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Ellery P, Tippett E, Chiu Y, Paukovics G, Cameron P, Solomon A, et al. The CD16+ monocyte subset is more permissive to infection and preferentially harbors HIV-1 in vivo. J Immunol. 2007;178:6581-9 pubmed..We show that a minor CD16+ monocyte subset preferentially harbors HIV-1 in infected individuals on HAART when compared with the majority of ..
- Morgan A, Robinson J, Barrett J, Martin J, Walker A, Babbage S, et al. Association of FCGR2A and FCGR2A-FCGR3A haplotypes with susceptibility to giant cell arteritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2006;8:R109 pubmed..These findings may ultimately provide new insights into disease pathogenesis. ..
- Kim D, Jung H, Kim J, Lee J, Yang D, Park Y, et al. FCGR3A gene polymorphisms may correlate with response to frontline R-CHOP therapy for diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Blood. 2006;108:2720-5 pubmed..The FCGR3A single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) is predictive of response to R-CHOP, but does not correlate with survival in patients with DLBCL. ..
- Hughes L, Criswell L, Beasley T, Edberg J, Kimberly R, Moreland L, et al. Genetic risk factors for infection in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis. Genes Immun. 2004;5:641-7 pubmed..001), suggesting an additive effect on susceptibility. These findings have important implications for the role of genetics in susceptibility to bacterial and viral infections. ..
- Todd I, Radford P, Ziegler Heitbrock L, Ghaemmaghami A, Powell R, Tighe P. Elevated CD16 expression by monocytes from patients with tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated periodic syndrome. Arthritis Rheum. 2007;56:4182-8 pubmed..Proinflammatory blood monocytes with the phenotype CD14+,CD16+,HLA-DR++ are a major source of TNF, and the number of such monocytes is increased during infection and ..
- Ghesquieres H, Cartron G, Seymour J, Delfau Larue M, Offner F, Soubeyran P, et al. Clinical outcome of patients with follicular lymphoma receiving chemoimmunotherapy in the PRIMA study is not affected by FCGR3A and FCGR2A polymorphisms. Blood. 2012;120:2650-7 pubmed..The PRIMA study is registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00140582. ..
- Cartron G, Dacheux L, Salles G, Solal Celigny P, Bardos P, Colombat P, et al. Therapeutic activity of humanized anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody and polymorphism in IgG Fc receptor FcgammaRIIIa gene. Blood. 2002;99:754-8 pubmedGiven that the FcgammaRIIIa receptor 158V allotype displays a higher affinity for human immunoglobulin G1 and increased antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity, the aim of this study was to determine the influence of that FCGR3A ..
- Persky D, Dornan D, Goldman B, Braziel R, Fisher R, LeBlanc M, et al. Fc gamma receptor 3a genotype predicts overall survival in follicular lymphoma patients treated on SWOG trials with combined monoclonal antibody plus chemotherapy but not chemotherapy alone. Haematologica. 2012;97:937-42 pubmed publisher..Thus, Fc gamma receptor 3A polymorphisms may be important to consider in designing new follicular lymphoma trials and new anti-CD20 monoclonal antibodies. (Clinicaltrials.gov identifier: NCT00933127). ..
- Martinez A, Pascual M, Pascual Salcedo D, Balsa A, Martin J, de la Concha E. Genetic polymorphisms in Spanish rheumatoid arthritis patients: an association and linkage study. Genes Immun. 2003;4:117-21 pubmed..promoter single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), IL-10G and IL-10R microsatellites, IL-6 -622 promoter SNP, FcgammaRIIIA Val/Phe-158 polymorphism, IL-1 receptor antagonist VNTR, and the IKBL+738 T/C mutation...
- Karassa F, Trikalinos T, Ioannidis J. The Fc gamma RIIIA-F158 allele is a risk factor for the development of lupus nephritis: a meta-analysis. Kidney Int. 2003;63:1475-82 pubmed..058 for publication bias). No such bias was detected for analyses on susceptibility to lupus nephritis. The Fc gamma RIIIA-V/F158 polymorphism has a significant impact on the development of lupus nephritis. ..
- Morgan A, Keyte V, Babbage S, Robinson J, Ponchel F, Barrett J, et al. FcgammaRIIIA-158V and rheumatoid arthritis: a confirmation study. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2003;42:528-33 pubmedTo develop a robust assay for genotyping the FcgammaRIIIA-158V/F polymorphism and to confirm the putative association between the FcgammaRIIIA-158V allele and rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Wang B, Kokhaei P, Mellstedt H, Liljefors M. Fc?R polymorphisms and clinical outcome in colorectal cancer patients receiving passive or active antibody treatment. Int J Oncol. 2010;37:1599-606 pubmed..Prospective extended clinical trials are warranted to study the predictive/prognostic impact of Fc?R polymorphisms in antibody-treated patients and might be a valuable biomarker to optimize antibody-based treatment strategies. ..
- Meletiadis J, Walsh T, Choi E, Pappas P, Ennis D, Douglas J, et al. Study of common functional genetic polymorphisms of FCGR2A, 3A and 3B genes and the risk for cryptococcosis in HIV-uninfected patients. Med Mycol. 2007;45:513-8 pubmed..40% in controls). An analysis of haplotypes showed a significant difference in distribution between cases and controls overall and in Caucasians. ..
- Stern M, Opelz G, Dohler B, Hess C. Natural killer-cell receptor polymorphisms and posttransplantation non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Blood. 2010;115:3960-5 pubmed publisher..49, 95% confidence interval 1.07-2.05, P = .02). KIR ligands and cytokine polymorphisms had no effect on survival. None of the genetic loci analyzed emerged as risk factors for lymphoma development. ..
- Musolino A, Naldi N, Bortesi B, Pezzuolo D, Capelletti M, Missale G, et al. Immunoglobulin G fragment C receptor polymorphisms and clinical efficacy of trastuzumab-based therapy in patients with HER-2/neu-positive metastatic breast cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2008;26:1789-96 pubmed publisher..Prospective studies are needed to confirm the role of Fc gamma R polymorphisms in predicting clinical outcome of patients with breast cancer treated with trastuzumab-based therapy. ..
- Skilbeck C, Lu X, Sheikh S, Savage C, Nash G. Capture of flowing human neutrophils by immobilised immunoglobulin: roles of Fc-receptors CD16 and CD32. Cell Immunol. 2006;241:26-31 pubmedWe investigated capture and activation of flowing human neutrophils through their Fc-receptors, FcRgammaIIIB (CD16) and FcRgammaIIA (CD32)...
- Kastbom A, Bratt J, Ernestam S, Lampa J, Padyukov L, Söderkvist P, et al. Fcgamma receptor type IIIA genotype and response to tumor necrosis factor alpha-blocking agents in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2007;56:448-52 pubmed..To determine whether a functional single-nucleotide polymorphism in the gene encoding Fcgamma receptor type IIIA (FcgammaRIIIA) correlates with the response to treatment with tumor necrosis factor alpha inhibitors in rheumatoid arthritis (..
- Kramer P, Winger V, Reuben J. PI3K limits TNF-alpha production in CD16-activated monocytes. Eur J Immunol. 2009;39:561-70 pubmed publisherIgG complexes bind to Fc receptor family members FcgammaRI (CD64), FcgammaRII (CD32) and FcgammaRIII (CD16), activating cell MAPK and PI3K resulting in increased cytokine production from particular leukocytes...
- Niederer H, Willcocks L, Rayner T, Yang W, Lau Y, Williams T, et al. Copy number, linkage disequilibrium and disease association in the FCGR locus. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:3282-94 pubmed publisher..Further interpretations of contributions to pathogenesis by FcgammaRs must be made in the context of LD involving CNV regions. ..
- Zhang W, Gordon M, Schultheis A, Yang D, Nagashima F, Azuma M, et al. FCGR2A and FCGR3A polymorphisms associated with clinical outcome of epidermal growth factor receptor expressing metastatic colorectal cancer patients treated with single-agent cetuximab. J Clin Oncol. 2007;25:3712-8 pubmed..Our preliminary data suggest that these two polymorphisms may be useful molecular markers to predict clinical outcome in metastatic CRC patients treated with cetuximab and that they may indicate a role of ADCC of cetuximab. ..
- Radstake T, Petit E, Pierlot C, van de Putte L, Cornelis F, Barrera P. Role of Fcgamma receptors IIA, IIIA, and IIIB in susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis. J Rheumatol. 2003;30:926-33 pubmed..To a limited extent, the presence of high-binding alleles at the FcgRIIIA locus or at the FcgRIIIA-FcgRIIA haplotype might predispose to RA in SE positive individuals. ..
- Chu Z, Tsuchiya N, Kyogoku C, Ohashi J, Qian Y, Xu S, et al. Association of Fcgamma receptor IIb polymorphism with susceptibility to systemic lupus erythematosus in Chinese: a common susceptibility gene in the Asian populations. Tissue Antigens. 2004;63:21-7 pubmed..These results strongly suggested that FCGR2B is a common susceptibility factor to SLE in the Asians. ..
- Brown E, Fallin M, Goedert J, Chen R, Whitby D, Foster C, et al. A common genetic variant in FCGR3A-V158F and risk of Kaposi sarcoma herpesvirus infection and classic Kaposi sarcoma. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2005;14:633-7 pubmed..05). Our findings suggest that gender differences could possibly modify the effect of FCGR3A on risk of KSHV infection and CKS. Additional studies are required to confirm these relationships and determine their etiologic significance. ..
- Bishop C, Xu F, Molskness T, Stouffer R, Hennebold J. Dynamics of Immune Cell Types Within the Macaque Corpus Luteum During the Menstrual Cycle: Role of Progesterone. Biol Reprod. 2015;93:112 pubmed publisher..for the immune cell surface proteins CD11b (neutrophils and monocytes/macrophages), CD14 (monocytes/macrophages), CD16 (natural killer [NK] cells), CD20 (B-lymphocytes), and CD3epsilon (T-lymphocytes) for analysis by flow cytometry...
- Iyoda T, Yamasaki S, Hidaka M, Kawano F, Abe Y, Suzuki K, et al. Amelioration of NK cell function driven by Vα24+ invariant NKT cell activation in multiple myeloma. Clin Immunol. 2018;187:76-84 pubmed publisher..The expression of NKG2D on CD56dimCD16+ NK cells and DNAM-1 on CD56brightCD16- NK cells increased after NKT cell ..
- Riou R, Bressollette Bodin C, Boutoille D, Gagne K, Rodallec A, Lefebvre M, et al. Severe Symptomatic Primary Human Cytomegalovirus Infection despite Effective Innate and Adaptive Immune Responses. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..adaptive immune responses with a deep HCMV imprint, revealed mainly by the expansion of NKG2C+ NK cells, CD16+ Vδ2(-) γδ T cells, and conventional HCMV-specific CD8+ T cells...
- Pandey J, Namboodiri A. Immunoglobulin GM and Fc?RIIIa genotypes influence cytotoxicity of neuroblastoma cells. J Neuroimmunol. 2014;270:95-7 pubmed publisher..21%; p=0.00004). These and other findings presented here could lead to a more effective immunotherapy of neuroblastoma. ..
- Kyrgidis A, Yavropoulou M, Lagoudaki R, Andreadis C, Antoniades K, Kouvelas D. Increased CD14+ and decreased CD14- populations of monocytes 48 h after zolendronic acid infusion in breast cancer patients. Osteoporos Int. 2017;28:991-999 pubmed publisher..Flow cytometry gated at leukocyte, monocyte, and the granulocyte populations for the CD4/CD8/CD3, CD3/CD16+56/CD45/CD19, CD14/CD123, and CD14/23 stainings were performed...
- Oradovskaya I, Radzivil T. [Influence of Professional Contact with Plutonium-239 on Indicators of the Immune Status of the Personnel at Siberian Chemical Plant]. Radiats Biol Radioecol. 2015;55:565-83 pubmed..of lymphocytes, existence of dissociation in indicators of relative and absolute values of the T-cellular link, CD16+56+(-) NK-cells and B-lymphocytes with increase of absolute values, decrease in markers of activation of HLA-DR+ ..
- Lenart M, Rutkowska Zapala M, Baj Krzyworzeka M, Szatanek R, WÄ™glarczyk K, Smallie T, et al. Hyaluronan carried by tumor-derived microvesicles induces IL-10 production in classical (CD14++CD16-) monocytes via PI3K/Akt/mTOR-dependent signalling pathway. Immunobiology. 2017;222:1-10 pubmed publisher..When comparing monocyte subsets, TMV induced IL-10 protein and mRNA synthesis only in classical CD14++CD16- but not in CD16-positive monocytes...
- Weis J, McClelland R, Jaoko W, Mandaliya K, Overbaugh J, Graham S. Short communication: Fc gamma receptors IIa and IIIa genetic polymorphisms do not predict HIV-1 disease progression in Kenyan women. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2015;31:288-92 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that FcÎ³R polymorphisms might not be an important indicator of viral control and disease progression in this population. ..
- Jönsen A, Bengtsson A, Sturfelt G, Truedsson L. Analysis of HLA DR, HLA DQ, C4A, FcgammaRIIa, FcgammaRIIIa, MBL, and IL-1Ra allelic variants in Caucasian systemic lupus erythematosus patients suggests an effect of the combined FcgammaRIIa R/R and IL-1Ra 2/2 genotypes on disease susceptibility. Arthritis Res Ther. 2004;6:R557-62 pubmed..that the strong association with SLE for HLA DR3-DQ2-C4AQ0 remained after combination with FcgammaRIIa R/R, FcgammaRIIIa F/F, and MBL-low (OR>2)...
- Hatjiharissi E, Hansen M, Santos D, Xu L, Leleu X, Dimmock E, et al. Genetic linkage of Fc gamma RIIa and Fc gamma RIIIa and implications for their use in predicting clinical responses to CD20-directed monoclonal antibody therapy. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma. 2007;7:286-90 pubmedPolymorphisms in FcgammaRIIa and FcgammaRIIIa receptors are associated with responses to the CD20-directed immunoglobulin G1 (IgG1) monoclonal antibody rituximab among patients with indolent lymphoma...
- Mansour L, Girgis M, Abdulhay M, ElEinein E, Elhawary R, Hanna M. Polymorphisms of Immunoglobulin G Fc Receptors in Pediatric Guillain-Barré Syndrome. Neuropediatrics. 2016;47:151-6 pubmed publisher..The Fc?R genotypes showed no association with neurophysiological types of GBS, severity or outcome of the disease. Conclusions?These findings reflect that Fc?RIIA H131 allele may represent a risk marker for susceptibility to GBS. ..
- Felices M, Lenvik T, Davis Z, Miller J, Vallera D. Generation of BiKEs and TriKEs to Improve NK Cell-Mediated Targeting of Tumor Cells. Methods Mol Biol. 2016;1441:333-46 pubmed publisher..re-directed lysis of tumor cells through binding of a tumor antigen and direct binding and crosslinking of the CD16 receptor on NK cells, thus bypassing the need for binding of the Fc portion of mono-specific antibodies...
- Roca L, Dieras V, Roche H, Lappartient E, Kerbrat P, Cany L, et al. Correlation of HER2, FCGR2A, and FCGR3A gene polymorphisms with trastuzumab related cardiac toxicity and efficacy in a subgroup of patients from UNICANCER-PACS 04 trial. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2013;139:789-800 pubmed publisher..027). The FCGR3A-158 V/V genotype was not correlated with EFS nor OS. These results might be useful in making a treatment choice of HER2 blockers in adjuvant setting by with an increase in efficacy and decrease in toxicity. ..
- Slusher A, Zúñiga T, Acevedo E. Maximal Exercise Alters the Inflammatory Phenotype and Response of Mononuclear Cells. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2017;: pubmed publisher..However, pro-inflammatory conditions, such as strenuous exercise, increase the percentage of monocytes expressing CD16, a receptor that enhances LPS stimulated TNF-? production...