Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CCL28
Description: chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 28
Alias: CCK1, MEC, SCYA28, C-C motif chemokine 28, CC chemokine CCL28, chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 28 splice variant chi, mucosae-associated epithelial chemokine, small inducible cytokine A28, small inducible cytokine subfamily A (Cys-Cys), member 28, small-inducible cytokine A28
Publications153 found, 100 shown here
- CCL28 has dual roles in mucosal immunity as a chemokine with broad-spectrum antimicrobial activityKunio Hieshima
Department of Microbiology, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka Sayama, Osaka, Japan
J Immunol 170:1452-61. 2003b>CCL28 is a CC chemokine signaling via CCR10 and CCR3 that is selectively expressed in certain mucosal tissues such as exocrine glands, trachea, and colon. Notably, these tissues commonly secrete low-salt fluids...
- CCR10 expression is a common feature of circulating and mucosal epithelial tissue IgA Ab-secreting cellsEric J Kunkel
Laboratory of Immunology and Vascular Biology, Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
J Clin Invest 111:1001-10. 2003..Epithelial cells in diverse gastrointestinal and nonintestinal mucosal tissues express the chemokine MEC/CCL28. Here we demonstrate that CCR10, a receptor for MEC, is selectively expressed by IgA Ab-secreting cells (large s/..
- Epithelial inflammation is associated with CCL28 production and the recruitment of regulatory T cells expressing CCR10Bertus Eksteen
Liver Research Laboratories, Medical Research Council for Immune Regulation, Institute for Biomedical Research, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TH, UK
J Immunol 177:593-603. 2006..The CCR10+ Tregs were detected around bile ducts that expressed increased levels of the CCR10 ligand CCL28. CCL28 was secreted by primary human cholangiocytes in vitro in response to LPS, IL-1beta, or bile acids...
- Identification of a novel chemokine (CCL28), which binds CCR10 (GPR2)W Wang
Department of Immunobiology, DNAX Research Institute, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
J Biol Chem 275:22313-23. 2000We report the identification and characterization of a novel CC chemokine designated CCL28 and its receptor CCR10, known previously as orphan G-protein-coupled receptor GPR2...
- Mucoepidermoid carcinoma of minor salivary glands: a clinical study of 16 cases and review of the literatureK Triantafillidou
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Dentistry School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Oral Dis 12:364-70. 2006Mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC) is the most common malignant tumor of salivary glands with a widely diverse biologic behavior that is correlated with the histological grade of the tumor...
- [A case of staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome caused by exfoliative toxin-B producing MRSA]S Yokota
Department of Pediatrics, Yokohama City University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 70:206-10. 1996..aureus was demonstrated to be methicillin-resistant (MRSA), which was further defined to be positive for mec A gene by PCR method...
- [Isolation of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 from processed salmon roe associated with the outbreaks in Japan, 1998, and a molecular typing of the isolates by pulsed-field gel electrophoresis]Y Asai
Department of Bacteriology and Pathology, Kanagawa Prefectural Public Health Laboratory
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 73:20-4. 1999..pre-enriched in trypticase soy broth (TSB) at 36 degrees C for 6 h and novobiocin-supplemented modified EC broth (mEC-NB) at 42 degrees C for 18 h...
- Molecules that mediate touch transduction in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegansM Driscoll
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08855, USA
Gravit Space Biol Bull 10:33-42. 1997..b>mec-4 and mec-10 encode members of a C...
- Distinct roles of yeast MEC and RAD checkpoint genes in transcriptional induction after DNA damage and implications for functionG L Kiser
Molecular and Cellular Biology Department, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721, USA
Mol Biol Cell 7:703-18. 1996..The conclusion that the yeast MEC1 gene is a key regulator also has implications for the role of a putative human homologue, the ATM gene...
- Phase II trial with alternating two drug schedules, CAP/MEC', for advanced (stage III Mo/M1) non-small-cell lung cancerD Tummarello
Tumori 75:486-8. 1989..The combinations were cisplatin, adriamycin and cyclophosphamide (CAP) and methotrexate, etoposide and CCNU (MEC')...
- Cholinergic regulation of the central nucleus of the amygdala in rats: effects of local microinjections of cholinomimetics and cholinergic antagonists on arousal and sleepL D Sanford
Sleep Research Laboratory, Department of Pathology and Anatomy, Eastern Virginia Medical School, P O Box 1980, Norfolk, VA 23501, USA
Neuroscience 141:2167-76. 2006..3 microg; SCO(H): 1.0 microg), the nicotinic antagonist, mecamylamine (MEC(L): 0.3 microg; MEC(H): 1.0 microg) and saline (SAL, 0.2 microl) alone...
- Differences between "classical" risk factors for infections caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and risk factors for nosocomial bloodstream infections caused by multiple clones of the staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec type IVPaula M Vidal
Department of Infectious Diseases and Hospital Infection Control, Hospital das Clinicas, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 30:139-45. 2009To identify risk factors associated with nosocomial bloodstream infections caused by multiple clones of the staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) type IV strain of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
- Effects of subunit selective nACh receptors on operant ethanol self-administration and relapse-like ethanol-drinking behaviorAlexander Kuzmin
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Division of Drug Dependence, Karolinska University Hospital, Bldg M1 01, 17176, Stockholm, Sweden
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 203:99-108. 2009..MII (alphaCtxMII, alpha(3)beta(2)*, beta(3)*, alpha(6)*), were compared to those of systemic mecamylamine (MEC, an allosteric negative modulator of the nAChR), dihydro-beta-erythroidine (DHbetaE, alpha(4)beta(2)*), and ..
- Intracerebroventricular administration of PD 140.548 N-methyl-D-glucamine attenuates the release of cortisol and catecholamines induced by duodenal distension in the sheepB F Kania
Experimental and Clinical Physio Pharmacological Laboratory, Department of Physiological Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Agricultural University of Warsaw, Poland
Pol J Vet Sci 8:183-93. 2005..548 N-methyl-D-glucamine (a specific peptide antagonist of a CCK1 receptor) premedication on mechanographical reticulo-ruminal activity, animal general behaviour, catecholamines (CA)..
- Efficacy of enrichment broths in the recovery of freeze-injured Escherichia coli O157:H7 in inoculated ground beef by PCRW C Lionberg
R and F Laboratories, 245 West Roosevelt Road, Building 3, Unit 16, West Chicago, Illinois 60185, USA
J Food Prot 66:1911-5. 2003..peptone water with vancomycin, cefsulodin, and cefixime (BPW-VCC), 225 ml of modified EC broth plus novobiocin (mEC+n), and 225 ml of R&F enrichment broth (R&F-EB) and aerobically incubated at 41 to 42 degrees C...
- [Epidemiology of cognitive deterioration in the institutionalized geriatric population of the socio-sanitary centers in the city of Barcelona]M Boada
, Hospital General Vall d Hebron, Barcelona
Rev Neurol 23:174-80. 1995..The age, the fact that the patients were female, illiteracy and working as house-wives all made for low MEC ratings...
- Mucoepidermoid carcinoma of the cervix: another tumor with the t(11;19)-associated CRTC1-MAML2 gene fusionJochen K M Lennerz
Divisions of Anatomic and Molecular Pathology, Washington University Medical Center, St Louis, MO, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 33:835-43. 2009Mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC) of the uterine cervix is a controversial entity...
- Pharmacokinetics of dexloxiglumide after administration of single and repeat oral escalating doses in healthy young malesS Persiani
Rotta Research Laboratorium, Monza, Italy
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 40:198-206. 2002To assess the pharmacokinetics, safety and tolerability of dexloxiglumide, a new CCK1 receptor antagonist currently under development for the treatment of the constipation-predominant irritable bowel syndrome.
- A comprehensive analysis of common genetic variation in prolactin (PRL) and PRL receptor (PRLR) genes in relation to plasma prolactin levels and breast cancer risk: the multiethnic cohortSulggi A Lee
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
BMC Med Genet 8:72. 2007..Prospective epidemiological studies have also shown that women with higher circulating PRL levels have an increase in risk of breast cancer, suggesting that variability in PRL may also be important in determining a woman's risk...
- beta-Catenin nuclear accumulation in head and neck mucoepidermoid carcinoma: its role in cyclin D1 overexpression and tumor progressionHideki Shiratsuchi
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Head Neck 29:577-84. 2007..and cyclin D1 in this pathway has not been previously studied in head and neck mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC)...
- Phase 2 trial results with the novel neurokinin-1 receptor antagonist casopitant in combination with ondansetron and dexamethasone for the prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting in cancer patients receiving moderately emetogenic chemotheraWichit Arpornwirat
Department of Medicine, National Cancer Institute, Bangkok, Thailand
Cancer 115:5807-16. 2009..the neurokinin-1 receptor antagonist casopitant mesylate in combination with ondansetron/dexamethasone (ond/dex) for the prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV) related to moderately emetogenic chemotherapy (MEC).
- The origin of a methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolate at a neonatal ward in Sweden-possible horizontal transfer of a staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec between methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Staphylococcus aureusC Berglund
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:1048-56. 2008..methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) strain originated when a staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) with the gene mecA was integrated into the chromosome of a susceptible S. aureus cell...
- Identification in methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus hominis of an active primordial mobile genetic element for the staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusYuki Katayama
Department of Bacteriology, Faculty of Medicine, Juntendo University, Tokyo, Japan
J Bacteriol 185:2711-22. 2003..gene mecA is carried by a novel type of mobile genetic element, SCCmec (staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec), in the chromosome of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)...
- New developments in the molecular pathogenesis of head and neck tumors: a review of tumor-specific fusion oncogenes in mucoepidermoid carcinoma, adenoid cystic carcinoma, and NUT midline carcinomaFeriyl Bhaijee
Department of Pathology, The University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 15:69-77. 2011..been identified in various uncommon, aggressive head and neck malignancies, including mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC), adenoid cystic carcinoma (ACC), and NUT midline carcinoma (NMC)...
- Palonosetron versus other 5-HT₃ receptor antagonists for prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting in patients with hematologic malignancies treated with emetogenic chemotherapy in a hospital outpatient setting in the United StatesChris Craver
Premier Inc, 2320 Cascade Pointe Blvd, Charlotte, NC, USA
J Med Econ 14:341-9. 2011..receptor antagonists (RAs) in patients diagnosed with hematologic malignancies (lymphoma and leukemia) and receiving highly emetogenic chemotherapy (HEC) or moderately emetogenic chemotherapy (MEC) in a hospital outpatient setting.
- Different pathways mediated by CCK1 and CCK2 receptors: effect of intraperitonal mrna antisense oligodeoxynucleotides to cholecystokinin on anxiety-like and learning behaviors in ratsHagit Cohen
Ministry of Health Mental Health Center, Anxiety and Stress Research Unit, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Depress Anxiety 20:139-52. 2004..p.) administration of ASODN to preproCCK in the presence of antagonists to CCK1 and CCK2 receptor subtypes to further elucidate the roles of these two receptors and better understand the effects ..
- Diversity of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec structures in coagulase-negative staphylococci and relationship to drug resistanceElvira Garza-Gonzalez
Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Monterrey Nuevo Leon 64460, Mexico
J Med Microbiol 59:323-9. 2010The objective of this study was to determine the distribution of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) elements in meticillin-resistant coagulase-negative staphylococci (MR-CoNS) isolated from a tertiary-care hospital in Mexico ..
- Detection of biofilm-producing and methicillin resistance genes in Staphylococcus epidermidis isolated from healthy humans and in blood culture testsTakashi Kitao
Ehime Prefectural University of Health Sciences, Tobecho, Iyogun, Ehime, Japan
J Infect Chemother 16:170-3. 2010The detection of biofilm-producing (ica AB) and methicillin resistance genes (mec A) was investigated in 70 blood culture isolates of Staphylococcus epidermidis and in 66 and 51 isolates from human hands and the vestibules of the nose, ..
- The RNA moiety of chick embryo 5-methylcytosine- DNA glycosylase targets DNA demethylationJ P Jost
Friedrich Miescher Institute, PO Box 2543, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Nucleic Acids Res 25:4545-50. 1997We have previously shown that DNA demethylation by chick embryo 5-methylcytosine (5-MeC)-DNA glycosylase needs both protein and RNA. RNA from enzyme purified by SDS-PAGE was isolated and cloned...
- Evaluation of the pear ester kairomone as a formulation additive for the granulovirus of codling moth (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae) in pome fruitS P Arthurs
USDA ARS, Yakima Agricultural Research Laboratory, 5230 Konnowac Pass Rd, Wapato, WA 98951, USA
J Econ Entomol 100:702-9. 2007..to evaluate a 5% active ingredient (AI), microencapsulated formulation of pear ester (PE-MEC) as an insecticidal additive for the codling moth granulovirus (CpGV)...
- Relationship between meconium staining and amniotic fluid volume in term pregnanciesSean C Blackwell
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
Fetal Diagn Ther 17:78-82. 2002Our purpose was to evaluate the relationship between meconium-stained amniotic fluid (MEC-AF) and amniotic fluid volume (AFV) and their impact on the risk of cesarean delivery for fetal indications in term pregnancies.
- SR146131: a new potent, orally active, and selective nonpeptide cholecystokinin subtype 1 receptor agonist. I. In vitro studiesE Bignon
Sanofi Recherche, Toulouse Cedex, France
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 289:742-51. 1999..Hunter (BH)-sulfated cholecystokinin octapeptide (CCK-8S) for the human recombinant cholecystokinin subtype 1 (CCK1) receptor (IC50 = 0.56 nM) with high (300-fold) selectivity to the CCK2 receptor...
- Critical roles of mecamylamine-sensitive mushroom body neurons in insect olfactory learningHidehiro Watanabe
Graduate School of Life Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai 980 8577, Japan
Neurobiol Learn Mem 95:1-13. 2011..In cockroaches, a type of nicotinic ACh receptor specifically antagonized by mecamylamine (MEC) has been characterized...
- Distribution of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) types I, II, III and IV in coagulase-negative staphylococci from patients attending a tertiary hospital in southern BrazilAlice Beatriz Mombach Pinheiro Machado
Unidade de Microbiologia e Biologia Molecular, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre 90 035 903, Brazil
J Med Microbiol 56:1328-33. 2007..Staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) typing is essential for understanding the molecular epidemiology of meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus ..
- Reactivity of ammonia ligands of the antitumor agent cisplatin: a unique dodecanuclear Pt4,Pd4,Ag4 platform for four cytosine model nucleobasesGunnar Kampf
Fakultat Chemie, Technische Universitat Dortmund, Otto Hahn Strasse 6, Dortmund, Germany
Chemistry 14:6882-91. 2008The reaction of a potential mono(nucleobase) model adduct of cisplatin, cis-[Pt(NH(3))(2)(1-MeC-N3)(H(2)O)](2+) (6; 1-MeC: 1-methylcytosine), with the electrophile [Pd(en)(H(2)O)(2)](2+) (en: ethylenediamine) at pH approximately 6 yields ..
- Estrogen receptor-alpha and -beta expression in microvascular endothelial cells and smooth muscle cells of myometrium and leiomyomaCaroline E Gargett
Centre for Women s Health Research, Monash University Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Mol Hum Reprod 8:770-5. 2002..aims of the present study were to determine whether pure populations of myometrial microvascular endothelial cells (MEC) express ERalpha and ERbeta, to compare MEC ERalpha/ERbeta expression with that of pure populations of myometrial ..
- [Epidemiology of cognitive deterioration in geriatric population of 'Casals d' Avis' in the city of Barcelona]M Boada
, , Barcelona
Rev Neurol 23:166-73. 1995..67%. Age, female sex, being widowed or single, and illiteracy are associated with low scoring in the MEC. It is also associated with subjective loss of memory and hearing difficulties...
- Molecular cloning, expression and pharmacological characterization of the canine cholecystokinin 1 receptorMagda Francesca Morton
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, L L C, 3210 Merryfield Row, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Br J Pharmacol 145:374-84. 20051 The full-length, canine cholecystokinin 1 (CCK1) receptor was cloned from gallbladder tissue using RT-PCR with a combination of primers designed to interact with conserved regions of the human and rat CCK1 receptor, which also shared ..
- The nicotinic acetylcholine receptor antagonist mecamylamine prevents escalation of cocaine self-administration in rats with extended daily accessStephen T Hansen
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, L470, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 S W Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 194:53-61. 2007..Nicotine and cocaine are commonly coabused drugs in humans and recent work in animals suggests that activation of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChR) can increase cocaine self-administration...
- Introduction of the mec element (methicillin resistance) into Staphylococcus aureus alters in vitro functional activities of fibrinogen and fibronectin adhesinsP E Vaudaux
Division of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 42:564-70. 1998..To evaluate the impact of methicillin resistance (mec) determinants on bacterial adhesion mediated by fibrinogen or fibronectin adhesins, we compared the in vitro ..
- Role of CCK and potential utility of CCK1 receptor antagonism in the treatment of pancreatitis induced by biliary tract obstructionT D Barrett
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, L L C, San Diego, CA, USA
Br J Pharmacol 153:1650-8. 2008..However, it is not clear to what extent this occurs in the early stages of pancreatitis induced by biliary tract obstruction in the rat and whether CCK initiates an inflammatory cascade in this condition...
- Differential contribution of kainate receptors to excitatory postsynaptic currents in superficial layer neurons of the rat medial entorhinal cortexP J West
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Neuroscience 146:1000-12. 2007..studies have revealed the presence of kainate receptor (KAR) mRNA in neurons of the rat medial entorhinal cortex (mEC), the functional presence and roles of these receptors are only beginning to be examined...
- Study of FHIT and WWOX expression in mucoepidermoid carcinoma and adenoid cystic carcinoma of salivary glandNazmiye Dincer
Hacettepe University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Ankara, Turkey
Oral Oncol 46:195-9. 2010Mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC) and adenoid cystic carcinoma (ACC) are salivary gland neoplasms with divergent morphological features and clinical behavior. ACC is a basaloid tumor whereas MEC is a glandular epithelial neoplasm...
- Analysis of Staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec in Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Staphylococcus sciuri: identification of a novel ccr gene complex with a newly identified ccrA allotype (ccrA7)Noriko Urushibara
Department of Hygiene, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Microb Drug Resist 17:291-7. 2011..chromosome of the mecA gene, which is located on a mobile genetic element called staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec)...
- Primary mucoepidermoid carcinoma and sclerosing mucoepidermoid carcinoma with eosinophilia of the thyroid gland: a report of nine casesZ W Baloch
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Mod Pathol 13:802-7. 2000..Two types of tumors have been described under this category: mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC) and sclerosing mucoepidermoid carcinoma with eosinophilia (SMECE)...
- Expression of mucosal chemokines TECK/CCL25 and MEC/CCL28 during fetal development of the ovine mucosal immune systemFrancois Meurens
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Immunology 120:544-55. 2007CCL25/TECK and CCL28/MEC are CC chemokines primarily expressed in thymic dendritic cells and mucosal epithelial cells. The cognate receptors of CCL25 and CCL28, CCR9 and CCR10, respectively, are mainly expressed on T and B lymphocytes...
- 5-Methylcytosine DNA glycosylase activity is also present in the human MBD4 (G/T mismatch glycosylase) and in a related avian sequenceB Zhu
Friedrich Miescher Institut, Maulbeerstrasse 66, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Nucleic Acids Res 28:4157-65. 2000..The recombinant proteins from human and chicken have G/T mismatch as well as 5-methylcytosine (5-MeC) DNA glycosylase activities...
- [Study on mec gene in methicillin-resistant staphylococci]T Yokoyama
First Department of Internal Medicine, Kurume University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 67:1203-10. 1993..In 28 strains of MSSA and two strains of methicillin with MIC of 6.25 micrograms/ml, all of the mec genes (mecA, mecR1 and mecI) were not detected...
- COMPARISON OF DIFFERENT PHENOTYPIC METHODS OF DETECTION OF METHICILLIN RESISTANCE IN Staphylococcus aureus WITH THE MOLECULAR DETECTION OF mec-A GENEMohammad Zeeshan
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, The Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 17:666-70. 2007..agar screening plate (6microg/ml ) for early and accurate identification of MRSA by comparing with the detection of mec-A gene in our clinical isolates. Design: A comparative study...
- Synthesis and structure of intermediates in copper-catalyzed alkylation of diphenylphosphineMatthew F Cain
Department of Chemistry, Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Inorg Chem 49:7650-62. 2010..Treatment of [Cu(NCMe)(4)][PF(6)] (1) with chelating ligands gave [CuL(NCMe)][PF(6)] (2; L = MeC(CH(2)PPh(2))(3) (triphos), 3; L = 9,9-dimethyl-4,5-bis(diphenylphosphino)xanthene (XantPhos))...
- Evaluation of the role of three candidate human kinases in the conversion of the hepatitis C virus inhibitor 2'-C-methyl-cytidine to its 5'-monophosphate metaboliteNina L Golitsina
Idenix Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 60 Hampshire Street, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Antiviral Res 85:470-81. 2010..One such molecule, 2'-C-methyl-cytidine (2'-MeC), entered clinical development as NM283, a valine ester prodrug form of 2'-MeC possessing improved oral ..
- Normal ultrasonic evaluation of amniotic fluid in low-risk patients at termThomas D Myles
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Texas Tech Health Sciences Center, 1400 Wallace Boulevard, Amarillo, TX 79106, USA
J Reprod Med 47:621-4. 2002....
- 3-[5-(3,4-Dichloro-phenyl)-1-(4-methoxy-phenyl)-1H-pyrazol-3-yl]-2-m-tolyl-propionate (JNJ-17156516), a novel, potent, and selective cholecystokinin 1 receptor antagonist: in vitro and in vivo pharmacological comparison with dexloxiglumideMagda F Morton
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development L L C, San Diego, California 92121, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 323:562-9. 2007..96 +/- 0.11), rat (pK(I) = 8.02 +/- 0.11), and canine (pK(I) = 7.98 +/- 0.04) CCK1 receptors, and it was also highly selective for the CCK1 receptor compared with the CCK2 receptor across the same ..
- Expression of caveolin-1 in mucoepidermoid carcinoma of the salivary glands: correlation with vascular endothelial growth factor, microvessel density, and clinical outcomeLu Shi
Key Laboratory for Oral Biomedical Engineering, Ministry of Education, School and Hospital of Stomatology, Wuhan University, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
Cancer 109:1523-31. 2007..The clinicopathologic significance of caveolin-1 expression and its correlation with angiogenesis remains unknown in mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC) of the salivary glands.
- Cholecystokinin (CCK) stimulates aldosterone secretion from human adrenocortical cells via CCK2 receptors coupled to the adenylate cyclase/protein kinase A signaling cascadeG Mazzocchi
Department of Human Anatomy and Physiology, Section of Anatomy, University of Padua, I 35121 Padua, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:1277-84. 2004Cholecystokinin (CCK) IS a regulatory peptide that acts via two receptor subtypes, CCK1-R and CCK2-R...
- Typing of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec encoding methicillin resistance in Staphylococcus aureus strains isolated at the bone marrow transplant centre of TunisiaO Bouchami
Centre National de Greffe de Moelle Osseuse, Laboratory Service, Tunis, Tunisia
Curr Microbiol 59:380-5. 2009Staphylococcal Cassette Chromosome mec (SCCmec) is a mobile genetic element that carries the gene mecA mediating the methicillin resistance in staphylococci. It is composed of mec and ccr gene complexes...
- Sanfilippo syndrome type B, a lysosomal storage disease, is also a tauopathyKazuhiro Ohmi
Department of Biological Chemistry, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:8332-7. 2009..vacuolation of lysosomal storage of undegraded substrate, but neurons in the medial entorhinal cortex (MEC) display accumulation of several additional substances...
- CC chemokine ligands 25 and 28 play essential roles in intestinal extravasation of IgA antibody-secreting cellsKunio Hieshima
Department of Microbiology, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
J Immunol 173:3668-75. 2004CCL25 (also known as thymus-expressed chemokine) and CCL28 (also known as mucosae-associated epithelial chemokine) play important roles in mucosal immunity by recruiting IgA Ab-secreting cells (ASCs) into mucosal lamina propria...
- Measuring topology of low-intensity DNA methylation sites for high-throughput assessment of epigenetic drug-induced effects in cancer cellsArkadiusz Gertych
Translational Cytomics Group, Department of Surgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Exp Cell Res 316:3150-60. 2010..The cells were studied by immunofluorescence with a specific antibody against 5-methylcytosine (MeC), and 4,6-diamidino-2-phenylindole (DAPI) for delineation of methylated sites and global DNA in nuclei...
- FemA, a host-mediated factor essential for methicillin resistance in Staphylococcus aureus: molecular cloning and characterizationB Berger-Bachi
Institute of Medical Microbiology, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Mol Gen Genet 219:263-9. 1989The methicillin resistance determinant (mec) in Staphylococcus aureus resides on additional DNA not present in isogenic sensitive cells...
- Effect of continuous milking and prostaglandin E2 on milk production and mammary epithelial cell turnover, ultrastructure, and gene expressionE L Annen
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721, USA
J Anim Sci 86:1132-44. 2008Mammary epithelial cell (MEC) growth is reduced in continuously milked (CM) mammary glands, and administration of a mammogenic compound such as prostaglandin E(2) (PGE(2)) at parturition might improve MEC growth in CM tissue...
- Insulin-Like growth factor I (IGF-I) and cyclic adenosine 3',5'-monophosphate regulate IGF-binding protein-3 gene expression by transcriptional and posttranscriptional mechanisms in mammary epithelial cellsW S Cohick
Department of Animal Sciences, Rutgers, State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick 08901, USA
Endocrinology 141:4583-91. 2000Insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) is a potent mitogen for both normal and transformed mammary epithelial cells (MEC), and IGF-binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3) potentiates IGF-I action in these cells...
- Hydrogen production in a single chamber microbial electrolysis cell lacking a membraneDouglas Call
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
Environ Sci Technol 42:3401-6. 2008..It has been assumed that a membrane is needed in an MEC to avoid hydrogen losses due to bacterial consumption of the product gas...
- Hydrogen and methane production from swine wastewater using microbial electrolysis cellsRachel C Wagner
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, The Pennsylvania State University, 212 Sackett Building, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Water Res 43:1480-8. 2009..Hydrogen can theoretically be produced from wastewater by electrohydrogenesis in a microbial electrolysis cell (MEC) or by fermentation. Using a single-chamber MEC with a graphite-fiber brush anode, hydrogen gas was generated at 0...
- The neurotoxic MEC-4(d) DEG/ENaC sodium channel conducts calcium: implications for necrosis initiationLaura Bianchi
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, A232 Nelson Biological Laboratories, 604 Allison Road, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Nat Neurosci 7:1337-44. 2004Hyperactivation of the Caenorhabditis elegans MEC-4 Na(+) channel of the DEG/ENaC superfamily (MEC-4(d)) induces neuronal necrosis through an increase in intracellular Ca(2+) and calpain activation...
- A study of MECT1-MAML2 in mucoepidermoid carcinoma and Warthin's tumor of salivary glandsCarmo Martins
Departamento de Patologia Morfologica, Instituto Portugues de Oncologia, Rua Prof Lima Basto, 1099 023 Lisboa, Portugal
J Mol Diagn 6:205-10. 2004..translocation has been described in two distinct types of salivary gland neoplasms: mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC) and Warthin's tumor (WT)...
- Realgar induces apoptosis in the chronic lymphocytic leukemia cell line MEC‑1Xinyu Liu
Department of Hematology, Provincial Hospital affiliated to Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong 250021, P R China
Mol Med Rep 8:1866-70. 2013..of realgar on the viability, proliferation and apoptosis in the human chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) cell line, MEC‑1. Potential mechanisms mediating the effect were also explored in the experiment...
- Spatial and stimulus-type tuning in the LEC, MEC, POR, PrC, CA1, and CA3 during spontaneous item recognition memoryZachery Beer
Functional Architecture of Memory unit, Mercator Research Group, Faculty of Medicine, Ruhr University Bochum, 44801 Bochum, Germany
Hippocampus 23:1425-38. 2013..process information related to items (a "what" stream), the postrhinal (POR) and the medial entorhinal cortices (MEC) process spatial information (a "where" stream), and both types of information are integrated in the hippocampus (..
- Cloning and nucleotide sequence determination of the entire mec DNA of pre-methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus N315T Ito
Department of Bacteriology, Juntendo University, Tokyo, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:1449-58. 1999..aureus chromosome. The region, designated mec DNA, is speculated to have originated from the genome of another bacterial species and become integrated into the ..
- MEC-2 regulates C. elegans DEG/ENaC channels needed for mechanosensationMiriam B Goodman
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York 10027, USA
Nature 415:1039-42. 2002..These proteins, MEC-4 and MEC-10, are required for touch sensation and can mutate to cause neuronal degeneration...
- IGF-binding proteins mediate TGF-beta 1-induced apoptosis in bovine mammary epithelial BME-UV1 cellsMałgorzata Gajewska
Department of Physiological Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Warsaw Agricultural University, Nowoursynowska 159, 02 776 Warsaw, Poland
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 139:65-75. 2004TGF-beta 1 is an antiproliferative and apoptogenic factor for mammary epithelial cells (MEC) acting in an auto/paracrine manner and thus considered an important local regulator of mammary tissue involution...
- Analgesic concentrations of oxycodone--a prospective clinical PK/PD study in patients with laparoscopic cholecystectomyMerja Kokki
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 110:469-75. 2012..Here, we have evaluated the minimum effective concentration (MEC) and the minimum effective analgesic concentration (MEAC) of oxycodone in pain after laparoscopic cholecystectomy (..
- Electrochemical reduction of carbon dioxide in an MFC-MEC system with a layer-by-layer self-assembly carbon nanotube/cobalt phthalocyanine modified electrodeHuazhang Zhao
Department of Environmental Engineering, Peking University, Beijing 100871, People s Republic of China
Environ Sci Technol 46:5198-204. 2012..presents a new CO(2) reduction technique for targeted production of formic acid in a microbial electrolysis cell (MEC) driven by a microbial fuel cell (MFC)...
- Reduced spiking in entorhinal cortex during the delay period of a cued spatial response taskKishan Gupta
Center for Memory and Brain, Department of Psychology, Graduate Program for Neuroscience, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Learn Mem 19:219-30. 2012Intrinsic persistent spiking mechanisms in medial entorhinal cortex (mEC) neurons may play a role in active maintenance of working memory...
- Basal but not luminal mammary epithelial cells require PI3K/mTOR signaling for Ras-driven overgrowthKristin A Plichta
Jake Gittlen Cancer Research Foundation, PennsylvaniaState University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
Cancer Res 72:5856-66. 2012The mammary ducts of humans and mice are comprised of two main mammary epithelial cell (MEC) subtypes: a surrounding layer of basal MECs and an inner layer of luminal MECs...
- Salivary mucoepidermoid carcinoma: a multi-institutional review of 76 patientsShuting Bai
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 3545 North Pavilion, 619 19th Street South, Birmingham, AL 35249 7331, USA
Head Neck Pathol 7:105-12. 2013Mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC) is a relatively common salivary tumor with varying potential for aggressive behavior. Mucoepidermoid carcinoma grading has evolved from descriptive two-tiered schemata to more objective three-tiered systems...
- All layers of medial entorhinal cortex receive presubicular and parasubicular inputsCathrin B Canto
Kavli Institute for Systems Neuroscience, Centre for the Biology of Memory, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, NTNU, NO 7491 Trondheim, Norway
J Neurosci 32:17620-31. 2012The medial entorhinal cortex (MEC), presubiculum (PrS), and parasubiculum (PaS) are interconnected components of the hippocampal-parahippocampal spatial-representation system...
- P190B RhoGAP overexpression in the developing mammary epithelium induces TGFβ-dependent fibroblast activationMelissa Gillette
Department of Biological Sciences and the Harper Cancer Research Institute, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e65105. 2013Rho GTPases mediate stromal-epithelial interactions that are important for mammary epithelial cell (MEC) morphogenesis...
- Relating MEC population dynamics to anode performance from DGGE and electrical dataElsemiek Croese
Laboratory of Microbiology, Wageningen University, Dreijenplein 10, 6703 HB Wageningen, The Netherlands
Syst Appl Microbiol 36:408-16. 2013The microbial electrolysis cell (MEC) is a promising system for H2 production, but little is known about the active microbial population in MEC systems...
- How do spatial learning and memory occur in the brain? Coordinated learning of entorhinal grid cells and hippocampal place cellsPraveen K Pilly
Center for Adaptive Systems, Boston University, 677 Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Cogn Neurosci 24:1031-54. 2012..The hippocampus and medial entorhinal cortex (MEC) are key brain areas for spatial learning and memory...
- Distribution of Staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec Types and correlation with comorbidity and infection type in patients with MRSA bacteremiaJiun Ling Wang
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 5:e9489. 2010Molecular epidemiological definitions that are based on staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) typing and phylogenetic analysis of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) isolates are considered a reliable way to ..
- Mammary remodeling in primiparous and multiparous dairy goats during lactationS Safayi
Department of Basic Animal and Veterinary Sciences, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Groennegaardsvej 7, DK 1870 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
J Dairy Sci 93:1478-90. 2010..glands are related to the time course of development and maintenance, not only of the mammary epithelial cell (MEC) population, but also of the mammary vasculature that sustains synthetic activity...
- Conditional gene expression and RNAi using MEC-8-dependent splicing in C. elegansAndrea Calixto
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Nat Methods 7:407-11. 2010..The RNA processing factor MEC-8 is necessary for the function of the Caenorhabditis elegans touch receptor neurons; mec-8 mutants are touch ..
- [Evaluation of enrichment cultures for detection of Escherichia coli O157 from human stool specimens by using immunomagnetic separation]H Nakayama
Fukuoka Institute of Health and Environmental Sciences
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 74:527-35. 2000..TSB containing cefixime, tellurite and vancomycin, modified EC broth (mEC), mEC containing novobiocin (N-mEC) and BGLB...
- Glucose transporter protein 1 expression in mucoepidermoid carcinoma of salivary gland: correlation with grade of malignancyAna P D Demasi
Department of Oral Pathology, São Leopoldo Mandic Research Center, Campinas, Brazil
Int J Exp Pathol 91:107-13. 2010Mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC), the most common primary salivary malignancy, shows great variability in clinical behaviour, thus demanding investigation to identify of prognostic markers...
- MEC-8 regulates alternative splicing of unc-52 transcripts in C. elegans hypodermal cellsCaroline A Spike
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology, and Development, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Development 129:4999-5008. 2002Previous work has shown that C. elegans MEC-8 is a putative RNA-binding protein that promotes specific alternative splices of unc-52 transcripts...
- A chicken embryo protein related to the mammalian DEAD box protein p68 is tightly associated with the highly purified protein-RNA complex of 5-MeC-DNA glycosylaseJ P Jost
Friedrich Miescher Institute, PO Box 2543, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Nucleic Acids Res 27:3245-52. 1999We have shown previously that DNA demethylation by chick embryo 5-methylcytosine (5-MeC)-DNA glycosylase needs both protein and RNA...
- Augmentation of CCL17 and CCL28 gene expression by TNF-alpha, IL-1beta, or IFN-gamma in cultured canine keratinocytesSanae Shibata
The United Graduate School of Veterinary Sciences, Gifu University, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu 501 1193, Japan
Res Vet Sci 88:422-6. 2010..thymus and activation regulated chemokine (TARC)/CCL17 and mucosae-associated epithelial chemokine (MEC)/CCL28 are considered to play an important role in the lesional infiltration of lymphocytes in canine AD...
- The Caenorhabditis elegans spalt-like gene sem-4 restricts touch cell fate by repressing the selector Hox gene egl-5 and the effector gene mec-3Anne S Toker
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
Development 130:3831-40. 2003..All six touch neurons normally express the LIM homeobox gene mec-3...
- Caspofungin Etest endpoint for Aspergillus isolates shows poor agreement with the reference minimum effective concentrationJeff Fuller
Division of Medical Microbiology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Alberta Hospital, Walter C Mackenzie Centre 2B3 13, 8440 112 St, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2J2, Canada
J Clin Microbiol 48:479-82. 2010..fungi now includes guidelines for testing echinocandin activity using the minimum effective concentration (MEC) as the endpoint measurement...
- Recombination between ccrC genes in a type V (5C2&5) staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) of Staphylococcus aureus ST398 leads to conversion from methicillin resistance to methicillin susceptibility in vivoMonika A Chlebowicz
Department of Medical Microbiology, University Medical Center Groningen, Hanzeplein 1, P O Box 30001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:783-91. 2010Various types of the staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) are known to confer methicillin resistance on the human pathogen Staphylococcus aureus. Such cassettes are not always stably maintained...
- Correlation between mucoepidermoid carcinoma grade and AgNOR countSatyajitraje A Tekade
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, Modern Dental College and Research Centre, Indore, India
J Oral Sci 52:275-9. 2010Mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC) is a malignant glandular epithelial neoplasm having an unpredictable behavior and a tendency to recur...
- Primary human mammary epithelial cells endocytose HIV-1 and facilitate viral infection of CD4+ T lymphocytesStephanie M Dorosko
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Dartmouth Medical School, 1 Medical Center Drive, HB 7556, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
J Virol 84:10533-42. 2010The contribution of mammary epithelial cells (MEC) to human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) in breast milk remains largely unknown...
- Mucoepidermoid carcinoma: a clinicopathologic study of 80 patients with special reference to histological gradingM S Brandwein
Department of Otolaryngology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 11021, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:835-45. 2001We sought to review our experience with salivary mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC) over two decades to confirm the validity and reproducibility of histologic grading and to investigate MIB-1 index as a prognosticator...
- Long-term follow-up analysis of HD9601 trial comparing ABVD versus Stanford V versus MOPP/EBV/CAD in patients with newly diagnosed advanced-stage Hodgkin's lymphoma: a study from the Intergruppo Italiano LinfomiTeodoro Chisesi
Unità Operativa di Ematologia, Ospedale dell Angelo AUSL 12 Venezia Mestre via Paccagnella, 11, 30174 Mestre Venezia, Italy
J Clin Oncol 29:4227-33. 2011..with epidoxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine (EBV), lomustine, doxorubicin, and vindesine (CAD) (MOPP/EBV/CAD [MEC]) for the initial treatment of advanced-stage Hodgkin's lymphoma to select which regimen would best support a ..
- A 5-methylcytosine DNA glycosylase/lyase demethylates the retrotransposon Tos17 and promotes its transposition in riceHonggui La
Department of Plant Pathology, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:15498-503. 2011DNA 5-methylcytosine (5-meC) is an important epigenetic mark for transcriptional gene silencing in many eukaryotes...
- Microencapsulated pear ester enhances insecticide efficacy in walnuts for codling moth (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae) and navel orangeworm (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae)Douglas M Light
Western Regional Research Center, Agricultural Research Service, USDA, 800 Buchanan St, Albany, CA 94710, USA
J Econ Entomol 104:1309-15. 2011..of combining insecticides with a microencapsulated formulation of ethyl (2E,4Z) -2,4-decadienoate (pear ester, PE-MEC) was evaluated in walnuts, Juglans regia L., for codling moth, Cydia pomonella (L...
- The DEG/ENaC protein MEC-10 regulates the transduction channel complex in Caenorhabditis elegans touch receptor neuronsJohanna Arnadottir
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
J Neurosci 31:12695-704. 2011Gentle touch sensation in Caenorhabditis elegans is mediated by the MEC-4/MEC-10 channel complex, which is expressed exclusively in six touch receptor neurons (TRNs)...
- Structure determination of DNA methylation lesions N1-meA and N3-meC in duplex DNA using a cross-linked protein-DNA systemLianghua Lu
Department of Chemistry, The University of Chicago, 929 E 57th Street, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 38:4415-25. 2010N(1)-meA and N(3)-meC are cytotoxic DNA base methylation lesions that can accumulate in the genomes of various organisms in the presence of S(N)2 type methylating agents...
- Mecamylamine attenuates dexamethasone-induced anxiety-like behavior in association with brain derived neurotrophic factor upregulation in rat brainsDong Ik Park
Biochemistry Laboratory, Department of Biological Science, Sungkyunkwan University, 300 Chunchun dong, Jangan gu, Suwon, Gyeonggi do 440 746, South Korea
Neuropharmacology 61:276-82. 2011Mecamylamine (MEC), which was initially developed as a ganglionic blocker for the treatment of hypertension has been investigated as a potent antagonist for most types of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChRs)...
- Mitoxantrone, etoposide, and cyclosporine therapy in pediatric patients with recurrent or refractory acute myeloid leukemiaG V Dahl
Division of Pediatric Oncology, Medical Oncology, and Clinical Pharmacology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, USA
J Clin Oncol 18:1867-75. 2000To determine the remission rate and toxicity of mitoxantrone, etoposide, and cyclosporine (MEC) therapy, multidrug resistance-1 (MDR1) status, and steady-state cyclosporine (CSA) levels in children with relapsed and/or refractory acute ..
- Nutritional Risk Factors for Type 2 Diabetes in the Multiethnic CohortGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2007..The Multiethnic Cohort (MEC) was established in 1993-96 to investigate diet and cancer among different ethnic groups...
- Structure of Beta-lactam resistance regulatorsMARTIN SAFO; Fiscal Year: 2007..The mec (MecRI and Mecl) and bla (BlaRl and Blal) regulators seem to have a signal transduction mechanism of action that is ..
- Sequence Distribution of Tabacco Carcinogen-DNA AdductsNatalia Tretyakova; Fiscal Year: 2007..The presence of 5-methylcytosine (MeC) induces small, but noticeable changes in DMA structure and dynamics, leading to altered DNA-protein interactions ..
- Sequence Distribution of Tobacco Carcinogen-DNA AdductsNatalia Y Tretyakova; Fiscal Year: 2010..controls gene expression by mediating the binding of specific proteins (methyl-CpG binding proteins) to MeCG sites (MeC = 5-methylcytosine) and the recruitment of histone-modifying enzymes that promote chromatin remodeling...
- The Medial Entorhinal Cortex and Temporal Lobe EpilepsyKAREN WILCOX; Fiscal Year: 2007..The overall goal of this proposal is to determine the role of the medial entorhinal cortex (mEC) in the development of chronic epilepsy in the kainic acid model of TLE...
- CHOLECYSTOKININ--ROLE IN POSTPRANDIAL GASTRIC MOTILITYHelen Raybould; Fiscal Year: 2007..Both lipid and protein stimulate the vagal afferent pathway via release of CCK and CCK binding to CCK1 receptors on vagal afferent nerve terminals in the intestinal mucosa...
- CHOLECYSTOKININ--ROLE IN POSTPRANDIAL GASTRIC MOTILITYHelen Raybould; Fiscal Year: 2009..Both lipid and protein stimulate the vagal afferent pathway via release of CCK and CCK binding to CCK1 receptors on vagal afferent nerve terminals in the intestinal mucosa...
- Chemosensing in the Gastrointestinal TractCatia Sternini; Fiscal Year: 2010..of neuronal activity, and the role of CCK and PYY, peptides that affect GI function and feeding behavior, acting at CCK1 and Y2 receptors on vagal afferents, 1b) the effects of T2R agonists on vagal pathways using electrophysiological ..
- LASER PHOTORADIATION THERAPY OF MALIGNANT TUMORSMichael Berns; Fiscal Year: 2002..of PDT action on tumor microvasculature at two levels: (1) Human dermal microvascular endothelial cells (MEC); and (2) tumor-induced capillary proliferation in the rabbit cornea...
- FUNCTION OF THE CALCIUM SENSING RECEPTOR IN THE BREASTJohn Wysolmerski; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, given the loss of CaR expression during pregnancy, a time of intense MEC proliferation, we hypothesize that CaR signaling inhibits MEC proliferation and promotes MEC differentiation...
- FUNCTION OF THE CALCIUM SENSING RECEPTOR IN THE BREASTJohn Wysolmerski; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, given the loss of CaR expression during pregnancy, a time of intense MEC proliferation, we hypothesize that CaR signaling inhibits MEC proliferation and promotes MEC differentiation...
- Fetal Meconium Passage Mediated via CRF PathwaysJayaraman Lakshmanan; Fiscal Year: 2007In humans, as in many species, meconium (MEC) passage is a developmental^ programmed event normally within the first 24 to 48 hrs after birth. The prevalence of meconium-stained amniotic fluid ranges from 5...
- Functional Adaptation of Microtubules by AcetylationJacek Gaertig; Fiscal Year: 2010..This protein is an ortholog of MEC-17, a previously studied protein which is required for the function of touch receptor neurons in C. elegans...
- Collagen remodeling and tumor progressionValerie Marie Weaver; Fiscal Year: 2010..to have altered collagen structures to interrogate whether collagen cross-linking and stiffness influence MEC motility and invasion by enhancing PI3 kinase signaling to promote chemotaxis and durotaxis...
- PDK1 and PPARdelta Signaling in Mammary TumorigenesisRobert Glazer; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>MEC and MCF-7 cell lines stably expressing either PPARJ or PDK1 or both genes will be used to study the synergy between ..
- PDK1 and PPARdelta Signaling in Mammary TumorigenesisRobert I Glazer; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>MEC and MCF-7 cell lines stably expressing either PPARJ or PDK1 or both genes will be used to study the synergy between ..
- Whole Genome Scan for Modifier Genes in Colorectal CancerLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2010..lifestyle exposure information and clinical data for five racial-ethnic groups in the Multiethnic Cohort study (MEC), as well as for Japanese in Japan in the Japan Public Health Center cohort study (JPHC)...
- Whole Genome Scan for Modifier Genes in Colorectal CancerLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2009..lifestyle exposure information and clinical data for five racial-ethnic groups in the Multiethnic Cohort study (MEC), as well as for Japanese in Japan in the Japan Public Health Center cohort study (JPHC)...
- Spread of Community-Acquired MRSA Among Household ContactsRobert S Daum; Fiscal Year: 2010..susceptibility patterns in these CA-MRSA strains was characterized, now called "staphylococcal chromosomal cassette mec" type IV or SCCmec type IV, it was realized that a distinct phenomenon had occurred not involving spread of HA-MRSA ..