Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CBR1
Description: carbonyl reductase 1
Alias: CBR, SDR21C1, hCBR1, carbonyl reductase [NADPH] 1, 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase, NADPH-dependent carbonyl reductase 1, carbonyl reductase (NADPH) 1, prostaglandin 9-ketoreductase, prostaglandin-E(2) 9-reductase, short chain dehydrogenase/reductase family 21C member 1
Publications236 found, 100 shown here
- Kinetics of carbonyl reductase from human brainK M Bohren
Institut für Biochemie und Molekularbiologie der Universität Bern, Switzerland
Biochem J 244:165-71. 1987..No significant differences in the kinetic properties of three molecular forms of carbonyl reductase were detectable...
- Functional characterization of the promoter of human carbonyl reductase 1 (CBR1). Role of XRE elements in mediating the induction of CBR1 by ligands of the aryl hydrocarbon receptorSukhwinder S Lakhman
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14260 1200, USA
Mol Pharmacol 72:734-43. 2007Human carbonyl reductase 1 (CBR1) metabolizes a variety of substrates, including the anticancer doxorubicin and the antipsychotic haloperidol. The transcriptional regulation of CBR1 has been largely unexplored...
- Inhibition of polymorphic human carbonyl reductase 1 (CBR1) by the cardioprotectant flavonoid 7-monohydroxyethyl rutoside (monoHER)Vanessa Gonzalez-Covarrubias
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The State University of New York at Buffalo, 545 Cooke Hall, Buffalo, New York 14260 1200, USA
Pharm Res 25:1730-4. 2008Carbonyl reductase 1 (CBR1) reduces the anticancer anthracyclines doxorubicin and daunorubicin into the cardiotoxic metabolites doxorubicinol and daunorubicinol...
- Pharmacogenetics of human carbonyl reductase 1 (CBR1) in livers from black and white donorsVanessa Gonzalez-Covarrubias
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The State University of New York at Buffalo, 545 Cooke Hall, Buffalo, NY 14260 1200, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 37:400-7. 2009Carbonyl reductase 1 (CBR1) reduces the anticancer drug doxorubicin into the cardiotoxic metabolite doxorubicinol. We documented the hepatic expression of CBR1 in samples from white and black donors...
- Carbonyl reductase provides the enzymatic basis of quinone detoxication in manB Wermuth
Biochem Pharmacol 35:1277-82. 1986..The broad specificity of carbonyl reductase for quinones is in keeping with a role of the enzyme as a general quinone reductase in the catabolism of these compounds...
- Purification and properties of an NADPH-dependent carbonyl reductase from human brain. Relationship to prostaglandin 9-ketoreductase and xenobiotic ketone reductaseB Wermuth
J Biol Chem 256:1206-13. 1981..9. The comparison of structural and enzymic features of carbonyl reductase with other monomeric oxidoreductases suggests a close relationship of carbonyl reductase with prostaglandin 9-keto-reductase and xenobiotic ketone reductase...
- Different functions between human monomeric carbonyl reductase 3 and carbonyl reductase 1Takeshi Miura
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Osaka Ohtani University, Nishikiori kita, Tondabayashi, Osaka, Japan
Mol Cell Biochem 315:113-21. 2008..Human CBR1 (hCBR1) is known as prostaglandin 9-keto reductase and 15-hydroxy dehydrogenase, and regulates the metastasis of cancer ..
- Phase 1 and phase 2 metabolic activities along the small intestine in adult male sheepL Mate
Laboratorio de Farmacologia, Departamento de Fisiopatologia, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, UNCPBA, Tandil, CONICET, Argentina
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 33:537-45. 2010..01) in the ileal compared to the duodenal mucosa. Percentages of activity for the microsomal CBR-dependent biotransformation of menadione were between 12% (ileum) and 19% (duodenum-jejunum) of the total activity ..
- Studies on reduction of S-nitrosoglutathione by human carbonyl reductases 1 and 3Claudia A Staab
Institute of Toxicology and Pharmacology for Natural Scientists, University Medical School Schleswig Holstein, Kiel, Germany
Chem Biol Interact 191:95-103. 2011Human carbonyl reductases 1 and 3 (CBR1 and CBR3) are monomeric NADPH-dependent enzymes of the short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase superfamily...
- An intelligent model for liver disease diagnosisRong Ho Lin
Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, National Taipei University of Technology, Taiwan, ROC
Artif Intell Med 47:53-62. 2009..This study accordingly employs classification and regression tree (CART) and case-based reasoning (CBR) techniques to structure an intelligent diagnosis model aiming to provide a comprehensive analytic framework to ..
- Effect of kaolin addition on the performance of controlled low-strength material using industrial waste incineration bottom ashSivakumar Naganathan
Department of Civil Engineering, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Waste Manag Res 28:848-60. 2010..the CLSM in fresh and hardened states including compressive strength, water absorption, California bearing ratio (CBR) and the tests for concentration of leachable substances on the bleed and leachate...
- A ternary metal binding site in the C2 domain of phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C-delta1L O Essen
Centre for Protein Engineering, MRC Centre, Cambridge, U K
Biochemistry 36:2753-62. 1997..Residues involved in metal binding are contained in three loops, CBR1, CBR2, and CBR3...
- Efficacy of tennis elbow (epicondylitis humeri radialis) treatment in CBR "Praxis"Dzemal Pecar
Faculty of health studies University of Sarajevo Bolnicka 25, 71000 Sarajevo, Bosna i Hercegovina
Bosn J Basic Med Sci 9:25-30. 2009....
- Analysis of the substrate-binding site of human carbonyl reductases CBR1 and CBR3 by site-directed mutagenesisYasser El-Hawari
Institute of Toxicology and Pharmacology for Natural Scientists, University Medical School Schleswig Holstein, Kiel, Germany
Chem Biol Interact 178:234-41. 2009..The two monomeric NADPH-dependent human isoforms of cytosolic carbonyl reductase CBR1 and CBR3 show a sequence similarity of 85% on the amino acid level, which is definitely high if compared to the low ..
- Identification of an NADH-cytochrome b(5) reductase gene from an arachidonic acid-producing fungus, Mortierella alpina 1S-4, by sequencing of the encoding cDNA and heterologous expression in a fungus, Aspergillus oryzaeE Sakuradani
Division of Applied Life Sciences, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 65:3873-9. 1999..These results suggested that this cDNA is a CbR gene...
- Health effects from long-range transported contaminants in Arctic top predators: An integrated review based on studies of polar bears and relevant model speciesChristian Sonne
Section for Contaminants, Effects and Marine Mammals, Department of Arctic Environment, National Environmental Research Institute, University of Aarhus, DK 4000 Roskilde, Denmark
Environ Int 36:461-91. 2010..effects were supported by physiological based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modelling of critical body residues (CBR) with risk quotients >or=1 for SigmaPCB, dieldrin, SigmaPFC and SigmaOHC (organohalogen contaminant)...
- Characterization of ICAM-2 and evidence for a third counter-receptor for LFA-1A R de Fougerolles
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Exp Med 174:253-67. 1991..ICAM-2), two murine monoclonal antibodies (mAb) were generated to ICAM-2 transfected COS cells, and designated CBR-IC2/1 and CBR-IC2/2...
- Evidence for the effectiveness of rehabilitation-in-the-community programmesJohan P Velema
Evaluation and Monitoring Network, The Leprosy Mission International, Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Lepr Rev 79:65-82. 2008..b>CBR activities result in social processes that change the way community members view persons with disabilities, ..
- Functional mapping of cannabinoid receptor homologs in mammals, other vertebrates, and invertebratesJohn M McPartland
GW Pharmaceuticals, Porton Down Science Park, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP4 0JQ, UK
Gene 312:297-303. 2003..We investigated these putative CBR homologs further by 'functional mapping' of their deduced amino acid sequences...
- A pilot study of Auron Misheil Therapy in patients with advanced cervical cancer: tumor response and its correlation with clinical benefit response, and preliminary quality of life dataJurgen Scheele
Auron Healthcare GmbH, D 79100 Freiburg, Germany
Oncol Rep 22:877-83. 2009..Clinical Benefit Response (CBR) was assessed using a composite score comprising Karnovsky performance status, pain intensity and body weight...
- Hepatic and extra-hepatic metabolic pathways involved in flubendazole biotransformation in sheepLaura Maté
Laboratorio de Farmacologia, Departamento de Fisiopatologia, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad Nacional del Centro de la Provincia de Buenos Aires, 7000 Tandil, Argentina
Biochem Pharmacol 76:773-83. 2008..This observation correlates with the higher (P<0.05) carbonyl reductase (CBR) activities measured in the liver compared to the duodenal mucosa...
- Optimism-pessimism dimension and dental anxiety in children aged 10-12 yearsP O Neverlien
Dept. of Psychometrics, University of Bergen, Norway
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 19:342-6. 1991..DAQ), dispositional optimism as measured by the Life Orientation Test (LOT), and Clinical Behavioral Rating (CBR)...
- Insights into molecular plasticity of choline binding proteins (pneumococcal surface proteins) by SAXSRuben M Buey
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Ramiro de Maeztu 9, 28040, Madrid, Spain
J Mol Biol 365:411-24. 2007..binding has been also visualised for the first time, and monomer-monomer interactions take place through the first CBR where a non-canonical choline binding site has now been identified...
- Endocannabinoids anandamide and its cannabinoid receptors in liver fibrosis after murine schistosomiasisHongyan Liu
Institute of Liver Diseases, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430030, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 29:182-6. 2009..Immunofluorescence was used to detect the expression of CBR1 and CBR2 in liver tissue...
- Biofilm growth of individual and dual strains of Klebsiella oxytoca from the dairy industry on ultrafiltration membranesXuemei Tang
Institute of Food, Nutrition and Human Health, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 36:1491-7. 2009..on three types of ultrafiltration (UF) membranes in different concentrations of whey medium in biofilm reactors (CBR 90, BioSurface Technologies, Bozeman, USA)...
- Integrated clinical evaluation of Type 2A idiopathic juxtafoveolar retinal telangiectasisFerdinando Bottoni
Department of Clinical Science Luigi Sacco, Eye Clinic, Luigi Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Retina 30:317-26. 2010..coherence tomography (OCT) findings correlated with fundus autofluorescence (FAF), confocal blue reflectance (CBR), and fluorescein angiography (FA) patterns in patients affected by Type 2A idiopathic juxtafoveolar retinal ..
- A review of the tissue residue approach for organic and organometallic compounds in aquatic organismsAnne E McElroy
School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794 5000, USA
Integr Environ Assess Manag 7:50-74. 2011..Specific emphasis was placed on evaluating key factors that influence interpretation of critical body residue (CBR) toxicity metrics including data quality issues, lipid dynamics, choice of endpoints, processes that alter ..
- Phase II study on low dose gemcitabine plus oral chemotherapy with uracil-tegafur and cyclophosphamide in combination with radiotherapy against recurrent and advanced pancreatic cancerYoshinori Nio
Department of Cardiovascular and Digestive Surgery, Shimane University School of Medicine, 89 1 Enya cho, Izumo, Shimane 693 8501, Japan
Oncol Rep 14:401-8. 2005..Furthermore, the clinical benefit response (CBR) was classified by measuring the pain intensity, analgesic consumption, Karnofsky performance status and body ..
- Nitrogen removal and nitrate leaching for two perennial, sod-based forage systems receiving dairy effluentKenneth R Woodard
Agronomy Dep, Univ of Florida, IFAS, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
J Environ Qual 32:996-1007. 2003..Differences in N removal between a corn (Zea mays L.)-bermudagrass (Cynodon spp.)-rye (Secale cereale L.) system (CBR) and corn-perennial peanut (Arachis glabrata Benth...
- Elevated plasma tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 level predicts decreased response and survival in metastatic breast cancerAllan Lipton
Department of Hematology Oncology, Penn State University, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Cancer 109:1933-9. 2007..Tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase (TIMPs) have at least 2 different functions. They inhibit the catalytic activity of matrix metalloproteinases, and they act as growth factors...
- [Clinical study of aromatase inhibitors in advanced breast cancer]Hui Ping Li
Department of Oncology, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing 100083, China
Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao 39:193-6. 2007..To assess the antitumor activity and safety of aromatase inhibitors in advanced breast cancer...
- Effect of the diazepam-binding inhibitor-derived peptide, octadecaneuropeptide, on food intake in goldfishK Matsuda
Laboratory of Regulatory Biology, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, University of Toyama, 3190 Gofuku, Toyama 930 8555, Japan
Neuroscience 150:425-32. 2007An endogenous ligand of central-type benzodiazepine receptors (CBR), the endozepine octadecaneuropeptide (ODN), is a very potent inhibitor of food intake in rodents...
- Physically active lifestyle enhances vagal-cardiac function but not central autonomic neural interaction in elderly humansXiangrong Shi
Department of Integrative Physiology, University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, Fort Worth, Texas 76107, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 233:209-18. 2008..5+/-1.2 vs 35.7+/-2.4 ml/min/kg (P<0.01), respectively, were assessed with carotid baroreceptor (CBR) function using 5s pulses of neck pressure or suction (ranging from +40 to -80 Torr) delivered to the carotid sinus ..
- Oxytocin knockout mice: a model for studying stress-related and ingestive behavioursJanet A Amico
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Prog Brain Res 170:53-64. 2008..In addition, we tested the effects of the cannabinoid receptor 1 (CBR1) antagonist/inverse agonist (AM251) upon feeding and SIH in OXTKO versus WT mice...
- Phase I/II trial of metronomic chemotherapy with daily dalteparin and cyclophosphamide, twice-weekly methotrexate, and daily prednisone as therapy for metastatic breast cancer using vascular endothelial growth factor and soluble vascular endothelial growtNan Soon Wong
Sunnybrook Odette Cancer Centre, Ontario Clinical Oncology Group, University of Toronto, 2075 Bayview Ave, Toronto M4N3M5, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Oncol 28:723-30. 2010..The primary study end point was clinical benefit rate (CBR), a combination of complete response (CR), partial response (PR), and prolonged stable disease for > or = 24 ..
- Differential requirements for LFA-1 binding to ICAM-1 and LFA-1-mediated cell aggregationL Petruzzelli
Harvard Medical School, Center for Blood Research, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 160:4208-16. 1998..comparing two mechanisms of activation of LFA-1: 1) inside-out signaling and 2) direct activation by the beta2 Ab, CBR LFA-1/2...
- Reproductive health indicators and outcomes among refugee and internally displaced persons in postemergency phase campsMichelle Hynes
Division of Reproductive Health, National Center for Chronic Disease, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Mailstop K 22, 2900 Woodcock Blvd, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
JAMA 288:595-603. 2002..Despite increasing awareness of the importance of reproductive health programs and services for refugee and internally displaced populations, there is a paucity of basic epidemiological data on reproductive health outcomes...
- Building a case-based diet recommendation system without a knowledge engineerAbdus Salam Khan
School of Computer Science and Engineering, The University of New South Wales, 2052, Sydney, Australia
Artif Intell Med 27:155-79. 2003..Our approach goes beyond the traditional case-based reasoning (CBR) approach by allowing an incremental improvement of the system's competency during routine use of the system...
- Anti-inflammatory property of the cannabinoid agonist WIN-55212-2 in a rodent model of chronic brain inflammationY Marchalant
Arizona Research Laboratories, Division of Neural Systems Memory and Aging, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
Neuroscience 144:1516-22. 2007Cannabinoid receptors (CBr) stimulation induces numerous central and peripheral effects...
- Performance evaluation of cement stabilized fly ash-GBFS mixes as a highway construction materialS P Singh
Department of Civil Engineering, NIT, Rourkela 769008, India
Waste Manag 28:1331-7. 2008..Proctor compaction test, unconfined compressive strength (UCS) test and California Bearing Ratio (CBR) test were conducted on cement stabilized fly ash-GBFS mixes as per the Indian Standard Code of Practice...
- Trastuzumab and gemcitabine as salvage therapy in heavily pre-treated patients with metastatic breast cancerRupert Bartsch
First Department of Medicine and Cancer Centre, Clinical Division of Oncology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 62:903-10. 2008..In this trial, we evaluated the efficacy and safety of gemcitabine and trastuzumab after earlier exposure to anthracyclines, docetaxel and/or vinorelbine, and trastuzumab...
- [Preliminary results of percutaneous tracheotomies]B Luna Azoulay
Service d ORL et de chirurgie cervicofaciale, CHU de Caen, Avenue de la Cote de Nacre, 14000 Caen, France
Ann Otolaryngol Chir Cervicofac 126:125-32. 2009..Percutaneous tracheotomy (PT) is an alternative to surgical tracheotomy (ST). We describe our procedure and discuss the current status of PT through a retrospective study of our first 30 cases...
- Testosterone and cyproterone acetate modulate peripheral but not central benzodiazepine receptors in ratsZ Amiri
Rappaport Family Institute for Research in the Medical Sciences, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Brain Res 553:155-8. 1991..TA did not alter PBR density in the heart, cerebral cortex, or pituitary, or central benzodiazepine receptor (CBR) density in the cerebral cortex or hypothalamus...
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of pyridazino[4,3-b]indoles and indeno[1,2-c]pyridazines as new ligands of central and peripheral benzodiazepine receptorsFrancesco Campagna
Dipartimento Farmacochimico, Universita di Bari, Via E Orabona 4, 70126 Bari, Italy
Farmaco 58:129-40. 2003..and indeno[1,2-c]pyridazines were synthesised and tested to evaluate their binding affinities at both central (CBR) and peripheral (PBR) benzodiazepine receptors...
- Functional characterization and expression of PBR in rat gastric mucosa: stimulation of chloride secretion by PBR ligandsM A Ostuni
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale U410, Neuroendocrinologie et Biologie Cellulaire Digestives, 75870 Paris Cedex 18, France
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 286:G1069-80. 2004..antral mucosa in a concentration-dependent manner in the presence of GABA(A) and central benzodiazepine receptor (CBR) blockers...
- Conceptus signals for establishment and maintenance of pregnancy in pigs - lipid signaling systemA J Ziecik
Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Sciences, Tuwima 10, Olsztyn, Poland
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 116:443-9. 2008..are: microsomal PGE synthase-1 (mPGES-1), PGF synthase (PGFS) and prostaglandin 9-ketoreductase/carbonyl reductase (CBR1) which catalyzes conversion of PGE 2 into PGF2 alpha...
- Forecasting for fermentation operational decision makingGary A Montague
School of Chemical Engineering and Advanced Materials, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Biotechnol Prog 24:1033-41. 2008..methods based on multivariate batch statistical data analysis procedures are contrasted with case-based reasoning (CBR)...
- Percutaneous tracheostomy: ciaglia blue rhino versus the basic ciaglia technique of percutaneous dilational tracheostomyC Byhahn
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Control, J W Goethe University Hospital, Frankfurt, Germany
Anesth Analg 91:882-6. 2000..In 1999, an extensively modified technique of PDT was introduced, the Ciaglia Blue Rhino (CBR; Cook Critical Care, Bloomington, IL), that consists of one-step dilation by means of a curved dilator with ..
- The octadecaneuropeptide ODN stimulates neurosteroid biosynthesis through activation of central-type benzodiazepine receptorsJ L Do Rego
European Institute for Peptide Research, Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Neuroendocrinology, INSERM, UA CNRS, University of Rouen, Mont Saint Aignan, France
J Neurochem 76:128-38. 2001..The ODN-induced stimulation of neurosteroid biosynthesis was mimicked by the central-type benzodiazepine receptor (CBR) inverse agonists methyl beta-carboline-3-carboxylate (beta-CCM) and methyl 6,7-dimethoxy-4-ethyl-beta-carboline-3-..
- Terror Australis 2004: preparedness of Australian hospitals for disasters and incidents involving chemical, biological and radiological agentsNicholas A Edwards
Intensive Care Unit, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, SA
Crit Care Resusc 10:125-36. 2008..the level of preparedness of Australian hospitals, as perceived by senior emergency department physicians, for chemical, biological and radiological (CBR) incidents, as well as the resources and training available to their departments.
- Activation of lymphocyte function-associated molecule-1 (CD11a/CD18) and Mac-1 (CD11b/CD18) mimicked by an antibody directed against CD18L Petruzzelli
Harvard Medical School, Center for Blood Research, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 155:854-66. 1995..Here, we characterize a monoclonal, CBR LFA-1/2, that binds to the beta 2-subunit and is able to mimic activation induced upon stimulation by phorbol ..
- Human carbonyl reductase (CBR) localized to band 21q22.1 by high-resolution fluorescence in situ hybridization displays gene dosage effects in trisomy 21 cellsN Lemieux
Departement de Pathologie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Montreal, P Q, Canada
Genomics 15:169-72. 1993Human carbonyl reductase (CBR) belongs to a group of NADPH-dependent enzymes called aldo-keto reductases...
- Activity-controlled circadian base rateE Park
A St Jude Medical Company, Cardiac Rhythm Management Division, Sylmar, California, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 21:2182-6. 1998..The circadian base rate (CBR) algorithm was designed to provide patients with a circadian change in paced resting rate and a normal rate ..
- The research base of community-based rehabilitationR Mitchell
Department of Behavioural Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Sydney, Lidcombe, NSW, Australia
Disabil Rehabil 21:459-68. 1999This paper provides an overview of the current research on community-based rehabilitation (CBR) which can be found in the public domain...
- Community-based rehabilitation: the generalized modelR Mitchell
Department of Behavioural Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Sydney, Lidcombe, NSW, Australia
Disabil Rehabil 21:522-8. 1999..of a generalized approach to rehabilitation services which have come to be known as community-based rehabilitation (CBR)...
- Phase II study of gemcitabine combined with radiation therapy in patients with localized, unresectable pancreatic cancerRon Epelbaum
Department of Oncology, Rambam Medical Center and Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
J Surg Oncol 81:138-43. 2002..Therefore, a phase II study was conducted to evaluate the efficacy of gemcitabine combined with radiation therapy in patients with localized unresectable adenocarcinoma of the pancreas...
- A phase II/III study comparing intravenous ZD9331 with gemcitabine in patients with pancreatic cancerD Smith
Clatterbridge Centre for Oncology, Clatterbridge Road, Bebington, Wirral, Cheshire CH63 4JY, UK
Eur J Cancer 39:1377-83. 2003..Objective tumour response and clinical benefit response (CBR) were similar for both groups...
- A multicenter, placebo-controlled, double-blind study of efficacy of a new form of carbamazepine (Carbatrol) in refractory epileptic patientsWojciech Sobaniec
Department of Pediatric Neurology and Rehabilitation, Medical University of Białystok, Waszyngtona 17, PL 15 274, Białystok, Poland
Pol J Pharmacol 56:195-201. 2004Carbatrol (CBR) is a new multiple-unit, sustained-release dosage form of carbamazepine (CBZ) developed by Pharmavene...
- Autonomic nervous system influence on arterial baroreflex control of heart rate during exercise in humansShigehiko Ogoh
Department of Integrative Physiology, University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
J Physiol 566:599-611. 2005..16 +/- 0.01 mg kg(-1); mean +/- S.E.M.) or glycopyrrolate (12.6 +/- 1.6 microg kg-1). Carotid baroreflex (CBR) function was determined using 5 s pulses of neck pressure (NP) and neck suction (NS) from +40 to -80 Torr, while ..
- Synthesis and in vitro binding of N,N-dialkyl-2-phenylindol-3-yl-glyoxylamides for the peripheral benzodiazepine binding sitesTaryn P Homes
Department of Chemistry, University of Wollongong, NSW 2500, Wollongong, Australia
Bioorg Med Chem 14:3938-46. 2006..Central benzodiazepine receptor (CBR) affinities were also evaluated in rat cortices using [(3)H]flumazenil to determine their selectivity for PBBS over ..
- Five year-round forage systems in a dairy effluent sprayfield: phosphorus removalKenneth R Woodard
Agronomy Dep, College of Medicine, Univ of Florida, Gainesville, USA
J Environ Qual 36:175-83. 2007..rye (PR), corn (Zea mays L.)-forage sorghum [Sorghum bicolor (L.) Moench]-rye (CSR), corn-bermudagrass-rye (CBR), and corn-perennial peanut-rye (CPR). Forages were grown for five 12-mo cycles...
- Phase II trial of the farnesyltransferase inhibitor tipifarnib plus fulvestrant in hormone receptor-positive metastatic breast cancer: New York Cancer Consortium Trial P6205T Li
New York Cancer Consortium, Department of Oncology, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Ann Oncol 20:642-7. 2009Fulvestrant produces a clinical benefit rate (CBR) of approximately 45% in tamoxifen-resistant, hormone receptor (HR)-positive metastatic breast cancer (MBC) and 32% in aromatase inhibitor (AI)-resistant disease...
- Phase II multicenter trial of imatinib in 10 histologic subtypes of sarcoma using a bayesian hierarchical statistical modelRashmi Chugh
1500 E Medical Center Dr, C407 Med Inn, SPC 5843, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5843, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3148-53. 2009..5 m(2)). The primary end point was response (clinical benefit response [CBR]), defined as complete (CR) or partial response (PR) at 2 months, or stable disease, CR, or PR at 4 months...
- Influence of residual alveolar bone height on osseointegration of implants in the maxilla: a pilot studyMatthias Fenner
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Clin Oral Implants Res 20:555-9. 2009..For sinus floor augmentation and simultaneous implant placement, a minimum of 5 mm of residual bone height has been recommended empirically. This study was designed to test this assumption in an experimental animal trial...
- The selectivity of noise and coupling for coherence biresonance and array-enhanced coherence biresonance in coupled neural systemsJianCheng Shi
Department of Chemistry, Guangxi Teachers Education University, Nanning, People s Republic of China
Biosystems 98:85-90. 2009The selectivity of noise and coupling for coherence biresonance (CBR) and array-enhanced coherence biresonance (AECBR) in coupled neural systems has been investigated...
- Influence of ageing on carotid baroreflex peak response latency in humansJames P Fisher
School of Sport and Exercise Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
J Physiol 587:5427-39. 2009..pattern of heart rate (HR) and mean arterial blood pressure (BP) responses to selective carotid baroreceptor (CBR) unloading and loading in 14 young (22 +/- 1 years) and older (61 +/- 1 years) subjects, using 5 s pulses of neck ..
- Synthetic and structural studies on new diiron azadithiolate (ADT)-type model compounds for active site of [FeFe]hydrogenasesLi Cheng Song
State Key Laboratory of Elemento organic Chemistry, College of Chemistry, Nankai University, Tianjin, 30007, China
Dalton Trans 40:837-46. 2011..More interestingly, complexes 1-3 could react with C(60) in the presence of CBr(4) and 1,8-diazabicyclo[5.4...
- A framework for evaluating community-based rehabilitation programmes in Chinese communitiesEva Yin Han Chung
Professional Development and Research Unit, SAHK, Hong Kong
Disabil Rehabil 33:1668-82. 2011The primary aim of this study was to develop an evaluation framework that could effectively describe the quality of community-based rehabilitation (CBR) practice in Chinese communities.
- Multireference configuration interaction study of bromocarbenesJean M Standard
Department of Chemistry, Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois 61790 4160, USA
J Phys Chem A 115:1243-9. 2011..as the first excited singlet Ã((1)A'') state have been performed for a series of bromocarbenes: CHBr, CFBr, CClBr, CBr(2), and CIBr...
- Structural requirements to obtain highly potent and selective 18 kDa Translocator Protein (TSPO) LigandsSabrina Taliani
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Universita di Pisa, Via Bonanno 6, 56126 Pisa, Italy
Curr Top Med Chem 11:860-86. 2011..Indeed, most of these ligands have been designed starting from selective CBR ligands which were structurally modified in order to shift their affinity towards TSPO...
- Oscillation propagation in neural networks with different topologiesYang Gao
College of Nuclear Science and Technology, Harbin Engineering University, Harbin 150001, China
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 83:031909. 2011..The temporal periodicity of the global neural network presents a typical coherence biresonance (CBR) characteristic with regard to the noise intensity...
- Alteration of the proteome profile of the pancreas in diabetic rats induced by streptozotocinYong Liang Jiang
Yue Yang Hospital, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 200030, P R China
Int J Mol Med 28:153-60. 2011..The 60 kDa heat shock protein, the carbonyl reductase 1 (Cbr1), the hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase, Δ(3,5),Δ(2,4)-dienoyl-CoA isomerase, the elongation factor 1-δ, the 26S ..
- Modulation of gene expression of carotene biosynthesis-related protein by photosynthetic electron transport for the acclimation of intertidal macroalga Ulva fasciata to hypersalinity and excess lightYuan Ting Hsu
Doctoral Degree Program in Marine Biotechnology, National Sun Yat Sen University, Kaohsiung 80424, Taiwan
Physiol Plant 144:225-37. 2012A gene (UfCBR) encoding carotene biosynthesis-related (CBR) protein that potentially functions for the dissipation of excessive energy has been cloned from the intertidal green macroalga Ulva fasciata Delile...
- Sex differences in improved efficacy of doxorubicin chemotherapy in Cbr1+/- miceMegan M Freeland
Departments of aBiology bMathematics, University of Redlands, Redlands, California, USA
Anticancer Drugs 23:584-9. 2012The anthracycline chemotherapeutic agent doxorubicin is converted by the enzyme carbonyl reductase 1 (CBR1) into its cardiotoxic metabolite doxorubicinol...
- Multi-channel distributed coordinated function over single radio in wireless sensor networksCarlene E A Campbell
School of Engineering and Information Sciences, Middlesex University, London, NW4 4BT, UK
Sensors (Basel) 11:964-91. 2011..In this work, we studied the impact of non-overlapping channels in the 2.4 frequency band on: constant bit rate (CBR) streams, node density, source nodes sending data directly to sink and signal strength by varying distances between ..
- The significance of offending behavior for predicting sexual recidivism among sex offenders of various age groupsChristine Janka
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Institute of Forensic Psychiatry, Berlin Germany
Int J Law Psychiatry 35:159-64. 2012..we then analyzed their incremental validity above and beyond a previously developed Crime Scene Behavior Risk (CBR)-Score, which measures the risk of sexual recidivism without taking into account the offenders' age (Dahle, ..
- Understanding the binding of daunorubicin and doxorubicin to NADPH-dependent cytosolic reductases by computational methodsDavide Pirolli
Istituto di Biochimica e Biochimica Clinica, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Largo F Vito 1, 00168 Rome, Italy
Eur J Med Chem 56:145-54. 2012..molecular docking and dynamics simulations of DAUN and DOX into the active sites of human carbonyl reductase 1 (CBR1) and human aldehyde reductase (AKR1A1)...
- S-nitrosoglutathione covalently modifies cysteine residues of human carbonyl reductase 1 and affects its activityTereza Hartmanová
Department of Biochemical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, Charles University, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Chem Biol Interact 202:136-45. 2013Carbonyl reductase 1 (CBR1 or SDR21C1) is a ubiquitously-expressed, cytosolic, monomeric, and NADPH-dependent enzyme...
- Antrodia camphorata grown on germinated brown rice inhibits HT-29 human colon carcinoma proliferation through inducing G0/G1 phase arrest and apoptosis by targeting the β-catenin signalingDong Ki Park
Cell Activation Research Institute, Konkuk University, Seoul, Korea
J Med Food 16:681-91. 2013..In this study, we investigated anticancer activities of AC grown on germinated brown rice (CBR) in HT-29 human colon cancer cells...
- A scoping review of 10 years of published literature on community-based rehabilitationShaun Cleaver
Graduate Department of Rehabilitation Science
Disabil Rehabil 36:1385-94. 2014To identify the characteristics of peer-reviewed literature on community-based rehabilitation (CBR) in low- and middle-income countries published in English from 2003 to 2012.
- Communities of the afflicted: constituting leprosy through place in South IndiaJames Staples
a Department of Anthropology, Brunel University, Uxbridge, Middlesex, United Kingdom
Med Anthropol 33:6-20. 2014With the promotion of community-based rehabilitation (CBR) as a solution to health-related issues across the global South, leprosy colonies have long been out of vogue for nongovernmental organizations and State institutions alike...
- [Clinical evaluation of lapatinib therapy in metastatic breast cancer using the Bayes meta-analysis]Tadao Inoue
Dept of Hospital Administration, Tokyo Women s Medical University
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 41:347-52. 2014..The clinical benefit rate(CBR)for HER2-positive patients was the primary outcome of the analysis, and the overall survival(l OS) and the number ..
- NNK reduction pathway gene polymorphisms and risk of lung cancerJennifer L Modesto
Molecular Epidemiology and Cancer Control Program, Penn State Cancer Institute, Hershey, Pennsylvania
Mol Carcinog 54:E94-E102. 2015..The major route of NNK metabolism is carbonyl reduction by AKR1C1, AKR1C2, CBR1, and 11β-HSD1 to form NNAL...
- Improving real-time efficiency of case-based reasoning for medical diagnosisYoon Joo Park
Department of Business Administration, Seoul National University of Science and Technology
Stud Health Technol Inform 202:52-5. 2014Conventional case-based reasoning (CBR) does not perform efficiently for high volume dataset because of case-retrieval time...
- A clinical decision support system for the diagnosis of probable migraine and probable tension-type headache based on case-based reasoningZiming Yin
College of Biomedical Engineering and Instrument Science, Zhejiang University, Zheda Road 38, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, 310008, China
J Headache Pain 16:29. 2015..Thus, in this study, a CDSS based on case-based reasoning (CBR) was developed in order to solve this problem.
- Analysis of cytochrome b(5) reductase-mediated metabolism in the phytopathogenic fungus Zymoseptoria tritici reveals novel functionalities implicated in virulenceMark C Derbyshire
Department of Plant Biology and Crop Science, Rothamsted Research, West Common, Harpenden, Hertfordshire AL5 2JQ, UK Electronic address
Fungal Genet Biol 82:69-84. 2015..Unlike the model yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae which possesses only one microsomal CBR, the fully sequenced genome of Z. tritici bears three possible microsomal CBRs...
- Structural Basis of Transcription Inhibition by CBR Hydroxamidines and CBR PyrazolesYu Feng
Waksman Institute and Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Structure 23:1470-81. 2015b>CBR hydroxamidines are small-molecule inhibitors of bacterial RNA polymerase (RNAP) discovered through high-throughput screening of synthetic-compound libraries...
- Homologous sense and antisense expression of a gene in Dunaliella tertiolectaJing Yue Zhang
Department of Life Science and Research Institute for Natural Sciences, Hanyang University, Seoul, 133 791, Korea
Planta 242:1051-8. 2015..the potential of antisense expression and overexpression of a specific gene, the carotenoid biosynthesis-related (CBR) gene, in the microalgae Dunaliella...
- The neuropeptide oxytocin modulates consumer brand relationshipsAndreas Fürst
Department of Marketing, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nürnberg FAU, 90403 Nürnberg, Germany and Professorial Fellow of the Business School at the University of Eastern Finland UEF, 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Sci Rep 5:14960. 2015..The importance of OXT in a CBR context is further corroborated by a three-fold increase in endogenous release of OXT following exposure to one's ..
- Intermittent hypoxia and arterial blood pressure control in humans: role of the peripheral vasculature and carotid baroreflexJoshua C Tremblay
Centre for Heart, Lung, and Vascular Health, School of Health and Exercise Science, University of British Columbia, Kelowna, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 311:H699-706. 2016..was to examine the putative early adaptations at the level of the peripheral vasculature and carotid baroreflex (CBR) that may promote the development of hypertension...
- Carotid baroreflex control of heart rate is enhanced, while control of mean arterial pressure is preserved during whole-body heat stress in young healthy menDavor Krnjajic
University of Arkansas
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol . 2016..While impaired carotid baroreflex (CBR) function during WBH has been reported as a potential reason for this decrement, study design considerations may ..
- Nilotinib reverses ABCB1/P-glycoprotein-mediated multidrug resistance but increases cardiotoxicity of doxorubicin in a MDR xenograft modelZhi yong Zhou
Department of Pharmacy, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Affiliated Sixth People s Hospital, 200233 Shanghai, China College of Medical Science, Three Gorges University, 443002 Yichang, Hubei, China
Toxicol Lett 259:124-32. 2016..In the co-administration group, CBR1 and AKR1A1 protein levels were significantly increased in cardiac tissue, with more severe necrosis and vacuole ..
- Cbr1 is a Dph3 reductase required for the tRNA wobble uridine modificationZhewang Lin
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA
Nat Chem Biol 12:995-997. 2016..Here, using a proteomic approach, we identified Saccharomyces cerevisiae cytochrome b5 reductase (Cbr1) as a NADH-dependent reductase for Dph3...
- Designing and Implementation of Fuzzy Case-based Reasoning System on Android Platform Using Electronic Discharge Summary of Patients with Chronic Kidney DiseasesShahram Tahmasebian
Department of Health Information Management, School of Allied Medical Sciences, Tehran, University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Acta Inform Med 24:266-270. 2016Case-based reasoning (CBR) systems are one of the effective methods to find the nearest solution to the current problems. These systems are used in various spheres as well as industry, business, and economy...
- Clinical benefit in phase I trials of novel molecularly targeted agents: Does dose matter?S C Postel-Vinay
Royal Marsden, Sutton, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 26:2509. 2008..For this drug class, in which cytostasis may be the main outcome, the clinical benefit rate (CBR)-defined as CR/PR/SD for at least 3 months by RECIST criteria-is a relevant measure of response.
- Effect of sample bias on paleodemographic fertility estimatesR R Paine
Department of Anthropology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84113, USA
Am J Phys Anthropol 105:231-40. 1998..age estimation bias described by Lovejoy and coworkers inflate estimates by 10-20% of the true crude birth rate (CBR) (the number of births per year per 1,000 population)...
- Genetic heterogeneity of porcine and ruminant pestiviruses mainly isolated in JapanY Sakoda
Department of Exotic Diseases, National Institute of Animal Health, Tokyo, Japan
Vet Microbiol 65:75-86. 1999..However, the Japanese Kanagawa/74, Okinawa/86, Okinawa/86-2 and Thai CBR/93 strains were the most distinct variants and these were assigned to another new disparate subgroup, CSFV-3 (..
- Arterial baroreflex control of sympathetic nerve activity during acute hypotension: effect of fitnessP J Fadel
Department of Integrative Physiology and Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, Texas 76107, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 280:H2524-32. 2001..after 9 min of resting ischemia under two conditions: control, which used aortic and carotid baroreflex (ABR and CBR, respectively) deactivation; and suction, which used ABR deactivation alone...
- Developing a rural community-based disability service: (I) service framework and implementation strategyP Kuipers
Centre For Human Services, Griffith University, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Aust J Rural Health 9:22-8. 2001..The service framework, known as Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR), fosters the involvement of community members in disability service provision...
- Sex differences in central benzodiazepine receptor densities and circulating corticosterone release after acute stress in broiler chicksR H Marin
Department of Poultry Science, Louisiana State University Agricultural Center, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge 70803, USA
Poult Sci 81:261-4. 2002The purpose of the study was to determine the effect of sex on central benzodiazepine receptor (CBR) and serum corticosterone (CS) responses to an acute stressor in broiler chicks...
- Chemical-biological-radiological (CBR) response: a template for hospital emergency departmentsGim A Tan
Emergency and Trauma Centre, The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Vic
Med J Aust 177:196-9. 2002Chemical, biological and radiological (CBR) incidents have the potential to shut down emergency departments that do not have an adequate CBR response...
- Biochemical Characterization of Cytochrome b5 Reductase in Candida albicansMARY JOLENE PATRICIA HOLLOWAY; Fiscal Year: 2010..SPECIFIC AIM 2 will assess the knockout phenotype of the two cb5r isoforms, CBR1 and MCR1, on cell growth and viability in response to pH, heat shock, and oxidative stress in Candida albicans and ..
- JAVIER GUILLERMO BLANCO; Fiscal Year: 2016..Thus far, we have (1) characterized functional allelic variants of carbonyl reductase 1 (CBR1) and carbonyl reductase 3 (CBR3);(2) documented the variability in CBR1 and CBR3 expression in hepatic tissue;and (..
- Cannabinoid Mechanisms in Human Gastrointestinal Motor and Sensory FunctionsMICHAEL L CAMILLERI; Fiscal Year: 2010..Cannabinoid receptors (CBR) are on cholinergic neurons in the brain stem, stomach and colon...
- Eugene Yu; Fiscal Year: 2014..the genomic region associated with the cognitive disability of DS to the smallest segment in the mouse genome: the Cbr1-Fam3b chromosomal segment containing 30 HSA21 gene orthologs...
- Glucocorticoids and endocannabinoids in vagal complexBret N Smith; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will test the hypotheses that eCBs alter TRPV1 and CBR1 activity in the DMV in specific and predictable spatial, temporal, functionally relevant, and activity-dependent ..
- Kalpna Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2016..and signaling pathways, which will be intercepted by cannabinoids utilizing specific cannabinoid receptors (CBR). SA#2. Cannabinoids will attenuate central sensitization in sickle mice and pain in human subjects. SA#3...
- Molecular Analysis of Cardiovascular Biology and PathologyMonty Krieger; Fiscal Year: 2010..extensive ongoing interactions among three faculty members in MIT's Department of Biology and one from the CBR Institute and Harvard Medical School...
- Clayton Yates; Fiscal Year: 2016Overall Summary: The TU Center for Biomedical Research (CBR) is designed to strengthen the University's research infrastructure particularly in the areas of biomedical and molecular sciences as well as in bioinformatics and ..
- Alexandros Makriyannis; Fiscal Year: 2016..This information was used to design, synthesize and develop later generation CBR (ant) agonists with distinct pharmacological profiles either as molecular probes or leads for medications ..
- ADMINISTRATIVE CORETsegaye Habtemariam; Fiscal Year: 2011..The Center for Biomedical Research (CBR) administrative component supports and enhances the biomedical research infrastructure and facilitates meeting the ..
- RNAi to limit kidney ischemia/reperfusion injuryJudy Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal is a collaboration of the Principal Investigator at the CBR Institute at Harvard with Peter Hamar, a young investigator at Semmelweis University in Budapest, Hungary, ..
- DOWN SYNDROME, MITOCHONDRIAL DNA AND OXIDATIVE STRESSSantosh Sinha; Fiscal Year: 2004..superoxide dismutase (SOD I) and carbonyl reductase (CBR)...
- Indole Glyoxylamides Peripheral Benzodiazepine Receptor RadiotracersGilles Tamagnan; Fiscal Year: 2007..functionalized heterocyclic substituents on the 2-position of indole will favor binding to PBR relative to CBR; and 2) introduction of these heteroaromatic rings will alter the lipophilicity of our compounds so as to have ..
- EPICS XL-MCL FLOW CYTOMETRY SYSTEMFred Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2000..is to acquire an analytical flow cytometry which will be shared by investigators at the Center for Blood Research (CBR) to conduct established and new research projects focused on various aspects of blood research...
- Marijuana Effects on Immunity:Nature and MechanismsHerman Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2005..Aim 3 will determine the involvement of a number of CBR-linked and Th-linked signaling pathways in the drug-induced modulation of Thl and Th2 immunity...
- Conference e.hormone 2001John McLachlan; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant) For the third year, the Center for Bioenvironmental Research (CBR) at Tulane and Xavier Universities will sponsor an international conference on the subject of environmental hormones...
- Core Center for Quantitative BiologyBRADLEY JOHN ROTH; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Core Center will be administered by the Oakland University Center for Biomedical Research (CBR)...
- Migratory Properties of CD8 T CellsUlrich von Andrian; Fiscal Year: 2005..system to perform multiphoton intravital microscopy (MPIVM), which will be installed as a core instrument in the CBR Institute for Biomedical Research...
- CANNABINOID RECEPTORS ON IMMUNE CELLSThomas Klein; Fiscal Year: 2003..This proposal is a continuation of a project started in 1998 on defining the cannabinoid receptor (CBR) mRNA expression in murine immune cells...
- Fluorescence-activated cell sorter-FACSAriaDavid Mosser; Fiscal Year: 2007..a multidisciplinary research institute on campus, includes investigators from 8 different Departments (CBMG, BIO, CBR, MOCB, CHHP, CVM, MTECH, ANSC) located in 4 different Colleges (Life Sciences, Engineering, Health & Human ..
- COMPUTER AID FOR THE DECISION TO BIOPSY BREAST LESIONSCAREY FLOYD; Fiscal Year: 2000..Applicant's Abstract): The applicants proposed to investigate the feasibility of developing a Case Based Reasoning (CBR) system to provide support for the clinical decision to perform breast biopsy...
- Biocontained ImageStream 100 Multispectral Imaging CytometerJudy Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2007..This application is a joint submission of the CBR Institute for Biomedical Research and the Center for AIDS Research at Harvard...
- Anandamide Receptors: Role in Motor Neuron ProtectionMary Abood; Fiscal Year: 2004..The relative role of the CB, receptor in neuroprotection will be evaluated by examining agonist effects in CBr knockout mice...
- Purification of Cannabinoid Receptors Type 1 and 2Ning Li; Fiscal Year: 2003..The cannabinoid receptors (CBR) are the closest to rhodopsin in that when bound to the inverse agonist they exhibit a very stable inactive state, ..
- Heat stress and neural control of limb vasculatureDavid Keller; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PERINATAL AZT: BEHAVIORAL EFFECTS IN A RAT MODELDiana Dow Edwards; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- GPX1 ENZYME REGULATION BY OXIDATIVE XENOBIOTICSMichael Kelner; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will provide critical information regarding cellular response to oxidative stress and aid in determining if a common regulatory mechanism exists for GSH-dependent enzymes. ..
- Estrogen and Sympathetically Mediated VasoconstrictionPAUL FADEL; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- SOCIAL AND PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTS AND HEALTH DISPARITIESAmy Schulz; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Sympathetic overactivity & hypertension in ERSD: A role for ADMAPAUL FADEL; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cannabinoids and Neuroimmune InteractionsEdgar Alfonso Romero Sandoval; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>CBR1 agonists produce undesirable neurological effects which limit their clinical use...
- Halogenated Alkenes and Microsomal GSH-transferasesMichael J Kelner; Fiscal Year: 2010..4] To determine the relative contribution of MGST1 and MGST2 to cellular antioxidant capacity through studies utilizing human MGST1 and MGST2 null cells. ..
- Healthy Environments Partnership: Lean & Green in MotownAmy Schulz; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- THC Affects the Development of Executive FunctionDiana Dow Edwards; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Arterial baroreceptor unloading causes hypertensionTERRY THRASHER; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will provide a new framework for understanding the development and maintenance of hypertension. ..
- CANCER GENETICS NETWORKClaudine Isaacs; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Arterial Baroreflex Control of Blood Pressure (Exercise)Peter Raven; Fiscal Year: 2006A number of investigations have demonstrated that arterial baroreflex (CBR) control of blood pressure has a primary role in providing the necessary regulation of the sympathetic neural outflow to active and inactive tissue beds ..
- Gender-Specific Ontogenic Cocaine Effects: NeuroanatomyDiana Dow Edwards; Fiscal Year: 2006..Together these studies will examine the neuroanatomic basis for developmental cocaine's effects on function in males and females and determine the roles of gonadal steroids in producing these effects. ..
- Antiestrogenic Effects on Tumor AngiogenesisKimberly Blackwell; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results of this project will have profound implications, especially as clinicians begin to use the newer estrogen receptor modulating drugs for the prevention and treatment of breast cancer. ..
- COORDINATED REGULATION OF ANTIOXIDANT ENZYMESMichael Kelner; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Exercise Training and Vagal-Cardiac Function in ElderlyXiangrong Shi; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our long-term objectives are to understand the albeit regulatory mechanisms of blood pressure and blood volume due to age and to provide the basis for the use of prophylactic measure to improve the quality of human life. ..
- Periadolescent Methylphenidate exposure: Brain functionDiana Dow Edwards; Fiscal Year: 2005..Through these studies, a comprehensive pre-clinical evaluation of the effects of chronic methylphenidate on learning, behavior, brain function and molecular patterns will be completed. ..
- Neuroimaging of Prenatal Drug ExposureDiana Dow Edwards; Fiscal Year: 2004..The information will be published in Neurotoxicology and Teratology as a symposium summary following review. ..