Gene Symbol: CASS4
Description: Cas scaffolding protein family member 4
Alias: C20orf32, CAS4, HEFL, HEPL, HEF-like protein, HEF1-EFS-p130Cas-like protein, cas scaffolding protein family member 4
- Toroidal Structure and DNA Cleavage by the CRISPR-Associated [4Fe-4S] Cluster Containing Cas4 Nuclease SSO0001 from Sulfolobus solfataricusSofia Lemak
Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3E5, Canada
J Am Chem Soc 135:17476-87. 2013b>Cas4 proteins, a core protein family associated with the microbial system of adaptive immunity CRISPR, are predicted to function in the adaptation step of the CRISPR mechanism...
- [Classical taxomomies]G Iu Liubarskiĭ
Zh Obshch Biol 67:389-96. 2006..e., a theory of meron organization that woud hepl establish the relationship of taxonomic systems developed for different merons.
- Characterization of the CRISPR/Cas subtype I-A system of the hyperthermophilic crenarchaeon Thermoproteus tenaxAndré Plagens
Institute of Biology, Microbiology I, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
J Bacteriol 194:2491-500. 2012..CRISPR/Cas subtype I-A, and the core cas genes are shown to be arranged on two polycistronic transcripts: cascis (cas4, cas1/2, and csa1) and cascade (csa5, cas7, cas5a, cas3, cas3', and cas8a2)...
- Overexpression and cytoplasmic accumulation of Hepl is associated with clinicopathological parameters and poor prognosis in non-small cell lung cancerYuan Miao
Department of Pathology, The First Affiliated Hospital and College of Basic Medical Sciences, China Medical University, Shenyang, China
Tumour Biol 34:107-14. 2013b>Hepl, first described in 2008, is the fourth member of the Crk-associated substrate (CAS) family and is specifically expressed in the lung...
- The CRISPR associated protein Cas4 Is a 5' to 3' DNA exonuclease with an iron-sulfur clusterJing Zhang
Biomedical Sciences Research Complex, University of St Andrews, Fife, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e47232. 2012The Cas4 protein is one of the core CRISPR-associated (Cas) proteins implicated in the prokaryotic CRISPR system for antiviral defence...
- Characterization of CRISPR RNA biogenesis and Cas6 cleavage-mediated inhibition of a provirus in the haloarchaeon Haloferax mediterraneiMing Li
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Resources, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
J Bacteriol 195:867-75. 2013..With genetic approaches, we discovered that the lack of Cas1, Cas3, or Cas4 unexpectedly resulted in a decrease of CRISPR transcripts, while Cas5, Cas6, and Cas7 were found to be essential in ..
- The CRISPR-associated gene cas2 of Legionella pneumophila is required for intracellular infection of amoebaeFELIZZA F GUNDERSON
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Northwestern University, Medical School, Chicago, Illinois, USA
MBio 4:e00074-13. 2013..pneumophila strain 130b chromosome, we detected a subtype II-B CRISPR-Cas locus that contains cas9, cas1, cas2, cas4, and an array with 60 repeats and 58 unique spacers...
- Novel configurations of type I and II CRISPR-Cas systems in Corynebacterium diphtheriaeVartul Sangal
Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, 161 Cathedral Street, Glasgow G4 0RE, UK
Microbiology 159:2118-26. 2013..The type II-C system was the most common (11/17 isolates) but it lacked the csn2 and cas4 genes that are involved in spacer acquisition...
- NEDD9 and BCAR1 negatively regulate E-cadherin membrane localization, and promote E-cadherin degradationNadezhda Tikhmyanova
Developmental Therapeutics, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e22102. 2011The Cas scaffolding proteins (NEDD9/HEF1/CAS-L, BCAR1/p130Cas, EFSSIN, and HEPL/CASS4) regulate cell migration, division and survival, and are often deregulated in cancer...
- Characterization of the multiple CRISPR loci on Streptomyces linear plasmid pSHK1Peng Guo
Key Laboratory of Synthetic Biology, Shanghai Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200032, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 43:630-9. 2011..CRISPR-associated) genes were found, including a cluster of eight cas genes, in the order cas2B-cas1B-cas3B-cas5-cas4-cas2A-cas1A-cas3A, bracketed by a pair of divergent CRISPRs, and five other dispersed CRISPRs...
- Surface supercharged human enteropeptidase light chain shows improved solubility and refolding yieldPeter Simeonov
Ultrasensitive Protein Detection Unit, Institute of Bioanalytical Chemistry, Center for Biotechnology and Biomedicine, University of Leipzig, Deutscher Platz 5, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Protein Eng Des Sel 24:261-8. 2011..Recombinant human enteropeptidase light chain (hEPL) shows high activity but low solubility and refolding yields, currently limiting its use in biotechnological ..
- Sequencing and analysis of chromosomal extremities of Trypanosoma rangeli in comparison with Trypanosoma cruzi lineagesMarlene Cabrine-Santos
Discipline of Parasitology, Department of Biological Sciences, Federal University of Triangulo Mineiro, 38025 180, Uberaba, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Parasitol Res 108:459-66. 2011..The GTT triplet was detected in all KP1(+) strains, except for strain Cas4, but not in any of the KP1(-) strains. The dendrogram constructed by alignment of all T...
- Dcas supports cell polarization and cell-cell adhesion complexes in developmentNadezhda Tikhmyanova
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e12369. 2010..the presence of four paralogous Cas family members in mammals (BCAR1/p130Cas, EFS/Sin1, NEDD9/HEF1/Cas-L, and CASS4/HEPL) has limited their analysis in development...
- Molecular and serological analysis of polymorphisms in the murine major histocompatibility complex-encoded proteasome subunits, LMP-2 and LMP-7D Nandi
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Cincinnati, OH 45267 0524, USA
Exp Clin Immunogenet 13:20-9. 1996..Interestingly, a single amino acid change at position 272 between LMP-7b,d,q and LMP-7k,s,f,x,g7, cas4 from glycine to arginine dramatically affects its migration on SDS-PAGE gels, suggesting the possibility of allele-..
- Identification of genes that are associated with DNA repeats in prokaryotesRuud Jansen
Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Bacteriology Division, Veterinary Faculty, Utrecht University, Yalelaan 1, 3584 CL Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mol Microbiol 43:1565-75. 2002..The cas3 gene showed motifs characteristic for helicases of the superfamily 2, and the cas4 gene showed motifs of the RecB family of exonucleases, suggesting that these genes are involved in DNA metabolism ..
- Immunotherapy with a depigmented, polymerized vaccine of Olea europaea pollen allergens. Significantly reduces specific bronchial and skin test reactivity in sensitized patients after one year of treatmentF Guerra
Servicio de Alergia, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia, Cordoba, Spain
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 13:108-17. 2003..a maximum concentration of 44 micrograms/ml of the depigmented, polymerized allergen extract (equivalent to 100 HEPL of the native unmodified extract)...
- Clustered regularly interspaced short palindrome repeats (CRISPRs) have spacers of extrachromosomal originAlexander Bolotin
Génétique Microbienne, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Jouy en Josas, France
Microbiology 151:2551-61. 2005..CRISPR structures are found in the vicinity of four genes named cas1 to cas4. In silico analysis revealed another cluster of three genes associated with CRISPR structures in many bacterial ..
- A guild of 45 CRISPR-associated (Cas) protein families and multiple CRISPR/Cas subtypes exist in prokaryotic genomesDaniel H Haft
The Institute for Genomic Research, Rockville, Maryland, USA
PLoS Comput Biol 1:e60. 2005..Four CRISPR-associated (Cas) protein families, designated Cas1 to Cas4, are strictly associated with CRISPR elements and always occur near a repeat cluster...
- Treatment of idiopathic cutaneous hyperchromia of the orbital region (ICHOR) with intense pulsed lightNatalia Cymrot Cymbalista
Dermatology Division, Hospital das Clínicas of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Dermatol Surg 32:773-83; discussion 783-4. 2006..Idiopathic cutaneous hyperchromia of the orbital region (ICHOR) does not have a clear etiopathogenesis. Genetic factors, increased melanin, prominent vasculature, and eyelid skin slackness seem to be involved...
- The tumor-growth inhibitory activity of flavanone and 2'-OH flavanone in vitro and in vivo through induction of cell cycle arrest and suppression of cyclins and CDKsYung Chin Hsiao
Institute of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Biomed Sci 14:107-19. 2007..We determined that flavanone and 2'-OH flavanone inhibited cell growth of A549, LLC, AGS, SK-Hepl and HA22T cancer cells, while other flavanones showed little or no inhibition...
- A novel Cas family member, HEPL, regulates FAK and cell spreadingMahendra K Singh
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:1627-36. 2008..We here report a previously undescribed novel branch of the Cas protein family, designated HEPL (for HEF1-Efs-p130Cas-like)...
- CAS proteins in normal and pathological cell growth controlNadezhda Tikhmyanova
Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Ave, Philadelphia, PA, 19111, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 67:1025-48. 2010Proteins of the CAS (Crk-associated substrate) family (BCAR1/p130Cas, NEDD9/HEF1/Cas-L, EFS/SIN and CASS4/HEPL) are integral players in normal and pathological cell biology...
- No dosage effect of recombinational hotspots in the mouse major histocompatibility complexM Yoshino
Department of Cell Genetics, National Institute of Genetics, Mishima, Japan
Immunogenetics 39:381-9. 1994..The wm7 and cas3 haplotypes have a hotspot close to the Lmp-2 gene (Lmp-2 hotspot), and the cas4 haplotype has a hotspot about 100 kilobase (kb) proximal, close to the Pb gene (Pb hotspot)...