Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: caspase-7
Description: caspase 7
Alias: CASP-7, CMH-1, ICE-LAP3, LICE2, MCH3, caspase-7, ICE-like apoptotic protease 3, apoptotic protease MCH-3, caspase 7, apoptosis-related cysteine peptidase, caspase 7, apoptosis-related cysteine protease
Publications114 found, 100 shown here
- Lee W, Kim J, Kang H, Cha S, Kim D, Hyun D, et al. Polymorphisms in the Caspase7 gene and the risk of lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2009;65:19-24 pubmed publisher..21, 95% CI=1.04-1.42, P=0.02). These results suggest that the CASP7 polymorphisms contribute to the genetic susceptibility to lung cancer. ..
- Xu H, Xu W, Cai Q, Feng M, Long J, Zheng W, et al. Polymorphisms and haplotypes in the caspase-3, caspase-7, and caspase-8 genes and risk for endometrial cancer: a population-based, case-control study in a Chinese population. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009;18:2114-22 pubmed publisher..95). No association was observed between polymorphisms of the caspase-8 gene and risk for endometrial cancer. These findings suggest that genetic variants in caspase-3 and caspase-7 may play a role in endometrial cancer susceptibility. ..
- Park C, Han S, Lee K, Choi J, Song N, Jeon S, et al. Association between CASP7 and CASP14 genetic polymorphisms and the risk of childhood leukemia. Hum Immunol. 2012;73:736-9 pubmed publisher..013, FDR = 0.042) and CASP14 (rs8110862, P(trend)<0.001, minP = 0.002, FDR = 0.027). This study suggests that genetic polymorphisms in apoptosis and cell cycle related genes might play a role in childhood leukemia development. ..
- Wang M, Zhu M, He J, Shi T, Li Q, Wang Y, et al. Potentially functional polymorphisms in the CASP7 gene contribute to gastric adenocarcinoma susceptibility in an eastern Chinese population. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74041 pubmed publisherb>Caspase 7 (CASP7) is an important regulator and executioner in the apoptosis pathway and plays a crucial role in cancer development and progression...
- Fernandes Alnemri T, Armstrong R, Krebs J, Srinivasula S, Wang L, Bullrich F, et al. In vitro activation of CPP32 and Mch3 by Mch4, a novel human apoptotic cysteine protease containing two FADD-like domains. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:7464-9 pubmed..These observations suggest that CPP32 and Mch3 are targets of mature Mch4 protease in apoptotic cells...
- Caulin C, Salvesen G, Oshima R. Caspase cleavage of keratin 18 and reorganization of intermediate filaments during epithelial cell apoptosis. J Cell Biol. 1997;138:1379-94 pubmed
- Mancini M, Machamer C, Roy S, Nicholson D, Thornberry N, Casciola Rosen L, et al. Caspase-2 is localized at the Golgi complex and cleaves golgin-160 during apoptosis. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:603-12 pubmed..We propose that the Golgi complex, like mitochondria, senses and integrates unique local conditions, and transduces pro-apoptotic signals through local caspases, which regulate local effectors. ..
- Yoo N, Lee J, Kim Y, Soung Y, Kim S, Nam S, et al. Loss of caspase-2, -6 and -7 expression in gastric cancers. APMIS. 2004;112:330-5 pubmed
- Jang M, Park B, Lee A, Na K, Kang S, Bae K, et al. Caspase-7 mediated cleavage of proteasome subunits during apoptosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;363:388-94 pubmed..These findings suggest that caspase-7 facilitates the execution of apoptosis through down-regulation of the 26S proteasome, which regulates the turnover of proteins involved in the apoptotic process. ..
- Lamkanfi M, Kanneganti T. Caspase-7: a protease involved in apoptosis and inflammation. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2010;42:21-4 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that specifically interfering with caspase-7 activation may hold therapeutic value for the treatment of cancer and inflammatory ailments. ..
- Li X, Wen W, Liu K, Zhu F, Malakhova M, Peng C, et al. Phosphorylation of caspase-7 by p21-activated protein kinase (PAK) 2 inhibits chemotherapeutic drug-induced apoptosis of breast cancer cell lines. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:22291-9 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that highly expressed PAK2 mediates chemotherapeutic resistance in human breast invasive ductal carcinoma by negatively regulating caspase-7 activity. ..
- Singh A, Yashavarddhan M, Kalita B, Ranjan R, Bajaj S, Prakash H, et al. Podophyllotoxin and Rutin Modulates Ionizing Radiation-Induced Oxidative Stress and Apoptotic Cell Death in Mice Bone Marrow and Spleen. Front Immunol. 2017;8:183 pubmed publisher..Modulatory potential of this formulation (G-003M) can be exploited as a safe and effective countermeasure against radiation-induced lymphohemopoietic injury. ..
- Lertsuwan K, Nammultriputtar K, Nanthawuttiphan S, Phoaubon S, Lertsuwan J, Thongbunchoo J, et al. Ferrous and ferric differentially deteriorate proliferation and differentiation of osteoblast-like UMR-106 cells. Biometals. 2018;31:873-889 pubmed publisher..Both also induced osteoblast cell death consistent with the higher levels of cleaved caspase 3 and caspase 7 in osteoblasts, indicating that iron induced osteoblast apoptosis...
- Liu Z, Li G, Gou Y, Xiao D, Luo G, Saavedra J, et al. JS-K, a nitric oxide prodrug, induces DNA damage and apoptosis in HBV-positive hepatocellular carcinoma HepG2.2.15 cell. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;92:989-997 pubmed publisher..2.15 cells, the mechanisms are not only related to inhibition of HBsAg and HBeAg secretion, but also related with induction of DNA damage and apoptosis. JS-K is a promising anti-cancer candidate against HBV-positive HCC. ..
- Wei Y, Zheng D, Guo X, Zhao M, Gao L, Bai L. Transient Receptor Potential Channel, Vanilloid 5, Induces Chondrocyte Apoptosis in a Rat Osteoarthritis Model Through the Mediation of Ca2+ Influx. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2018;46:687-698 pubmed publisher..The up-regulated TRPV5 could used be as an initiating factor that induces extrinsic chondrocyte apoptosis via the mediation of Ca2+ influx. These findings suggested TRPV5 could be an intriguing mediator for drug target in OA. ..
- Yang F, Wei Y, Liao B, Wei G, Qin H, Pang X, et al. Lycium barbarum polysaccharide prevents cisplatin-induced MLTC-1 cell apoptosis and autophagy via regulating endoplasmic reticulum stress pathway. Drug Des Devel Ther. 2018;12:3211-3219 pubmed publisher..LBP decreased DDP-induced MLTC-1 cell apoptosis via reducing ERS apoptosis-relative proteins caspase 3, caspase 7, and caspase 12...
- Pesarini J, Oliveira E, Pessatto L, Rabacow A, Camassola M, Dos Santos B, et al. Calcitriol combined with calcium chloride causes apoptosis in undifferentiated adipose tissue-derived human mesenchymal stem cells, but this effect decreases during adipogenic differentiation. Biomed Pharmacother. 2018;108:914-924 pubmed publisher
- Javed F, Manzoor S. HCV non-structural NS4A protein of genotype 3a induces mitochondria mediated death by activating Bax and the caspase cascade. Microb Pathog. 2018;124:346-355 pubmed publisher..Collectively findings of the present study suggest that NS4A and co-expression of NS3-4A and NS4A of genotype 3a has similar capacity to induce apoptosis through a Bax-triggered, mitochondrial-mediated, caspase cascade. ..
- Yoon T, Kim S, Lee D, Lee J, Park Y, Lee K, et al. EGR1 regulates radiation-induced apoptosis in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Oncol Rep. 2015;33:1717-22 pubmed publisher..Although further investigations are required to support the present study, EGR1 serves as a favorable biomarker of radiosensitivity in the treatment of LHSCC. ..
- Hao C, Duan H, Li H, Pei M, Liu Y, Fan Y, et al. Up-regulation of ANKDR49, a poor prognostic factor, regulates cell proliferation of gliomas. Biosci Rep. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings implicate that ANKRD49 promotes the proliferation of human malignant glioma cells. ANKRD49 maybe an attractive target for malignant glioma therapy. ..
- Yang H, Zhang C, Lai S, Zeng C, Liu Y, Wang X. Isoliquiritigenin Induces Cytotoxicity in PC-12 Cells In Vitro. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2017;183:1173-1190 pubmed publisher..Graphical Abstract The in vitro cytotoxicity, apoptosis, comet assay, ROS, mitochondrial membrane potential, cell cycle arrest, autophagy, and western blot induced by ISL were investigated. ..
- Liu Y, Qiu C, Li W, Mu W, Li C, Guo M. Selenium Plays a Protective Role in Staphylococcus aureus-Induced Endometritis in the Uterine Tissue of Rats. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2016;173:345-53 pubmed publisher..All of the results displayed that the protection conferred by MSC was stronger than MSA. The present study indicated the Se supplementation might be a potential prevention and control measure for S. aureus-induced endometritis. ..
- Pandey A, Gaikwad A. Compound 21 and Telmisartan combination mitigates type 2 diabetic nephropathy through amelioration of caspase mediated apoptosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;487:827-833 pubmed publisher..were significantly accentuated by C21 indicated by expression of apoptotic markers (Parp1, Caspase 8, Caspase 7, cleaved PARP and cleaved Caspase 3) and NF-?B mediated inflammatory molecules like interleukin 6, tumour ..
- Landais I, Lee H, Lu H. Coupling caspase cleavage and ubiquitin-proteasome-dependent degradation of SSRP1 during apoptosis. Cell Death Differ. 2006;13:1866-78 pubmed..These results demonstrate that SSRP1 degradation during apoptosis is a two-step process coupling caspase cleavage and ubiquitin-dependent proteolysis. ..
- Gao X, Lin H, Zhao W, Hou Y, Bao Y, Song Z, et al. JA, a new type of polyunsaturated fatty acid isolated from Juglans mandshurica Maxim, limits the survival and induces apoptosis of heptocarcinoma cells. Apoptosis. 2016;21:340-50 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results suggest that JA can induce mitochondrion- and endocytoplasmic reticulum-mediated apoptosis, and G2/M phase arrest in HepG2 cells, making it a promising therapeutic agent against hepatoma. ..
- Suita H, Shinomiya T, Nagahara Y. Caspase-6 Induces 7A6 Antigen Localization to Mitochondria During FAS-induced Apoptosis of Jurkat Cells. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:1697-1704 pubmed..Moreover, caspase-6 down-regulation suppressed 7A6 localization to mitochondria. Caspase-6 regulates 7A6 localization to mitochondria during anti-FAS-induced apoptosis of Jurkat cells. ..
- Fernandes Alnemri T, Takahashi A, Armstrong R, Krebs J, Fritz L, Tomaselli K, et al. Mch3, a novel human apoptotic cysteine protease highly related to CPP32. Cancer Res. 1995;55:6045-52 pubmed..Here we report the cloning of a new Ced-3/interleukin 1 beta-converting enzyme-related gene, designated Mch3, that encodes a protein with the highest degree of homology to CPP32 compared to other family members...
- Cullen S, Adrain C, Lüthi A, Duriez P, Martin S. Human and murine granzyme B exhibit divergent substrate preferences. J Cell Biol. 2007;176:435-44 pubmed..These data demonstrate that human and murine GzmB are distinct enzymes with different substrate preferences. Our observations also illustrate how subtle differences in enzyme structure can radically affect substrate selection. ..
- Nakatsumi H, Yonehara S. Identification of functional regions defining different activity in caspase-3 and caspase-7 within cells. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:25418-25 pubmed publisher..Thus, human caspase-3 and -7 exhibit differences in protease activity, specific homodimer-forming activity, and three-dimensional structural features, all of which are closely interrelated. ..
- Kamal A, Balakrishna M, Loka Reddy V, Riyaz S, Bagul C, Satyanarayana B, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of benzo[d][1,3]dioxol-5-yl chalcones as antiproliferating agents. Chem Biol Drug Des. 2015;86:1267-84 pubmed publisher..The studies also indicated reduction of mitochondrial membrane potential and increase in the levels of caspase-3 and caspase-7. ..
- Wentzel J, Lewies A, Bronkhorst A, van Dyk E, du Plessis L, Pretorius P. Exposure to high levels of fumarate and succinate leads to apoptotic cytotoxicity and altered global DNA methylation profiles in vitro. Biochimie. 2017;135:28-34 pubmed publisher..Cells exposed to high levels of succinate also presented with elevated caspase 3 and/or caspase 7 levels...
- Jia Z, Yang H, Liu Y, Wang X. Synthetic Dibenzoxanthene Derivatives Induce Apoptosis Through Mitochondrial Pathway in Human Hepatocellular Cancer Cells. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2018;186:145-160 pubmed publisher..The induction of apoptosis by dibenzoxanthenes may provide an important mechanism for their cancer chemopreventive function. ..
- Mahoney J, Odin J, White S, Shaffer D, Koff A, Casciola Rosen L, et al. The human homologue of the yeast polyubiquitination factor Ufd2p is cleaved by caspase 6 and granzyme B during apoptosis. Biochem J. 2002;361:587-95 pubmed..Cleavage of UFD2 by caspases or granzyme B within this putative regulatory N-terminal domain might have important functional consequences within the apoptotic cascade. ..
- Seaman J, Julien O, Lee P, Rettenmaier T, Thomsen N, Wells J. Cacidases: caspases can cleave after aspartate, glutamate and phosphoserine residues. Cell Death Differ. 2016;23:1717-26 pubmed publisher..Our studies reveal a much greater promiscuity for cleaving after acidic residues and the name 'cacidase' could aptly reflect this broader specificity. ..
- Riedl S, Renatus M, Schwarzenbacher R, Zhou Q, Sun C, Fesik S, et al. Structural basis for the inhibition of caspase-3 by XIAP. Cell. 2001;104:791-800 pubmed..The mechanism of inhibition is due to a steric blockade prohibitive of substrate binding, and is distinct from the mechanism utilized by synthetic substrate analog inhibitors. ..
- Ma G, Luo W, Lu J, Ma D, Leung C, Wang Y, et al. Cucurbitacin E induces caspase-dependent apoptosis and protective autophagy mediated by ROS in lung cancer cells. Chem Biol Interact. 2016;253:1-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, CuE induced protective autophagy mediated by ROS through AKT/mTOR pathway. This study provides novel roles of ROS in the anticancer effect of CuE. ..
- Thakur R, Kini S, Kurkalang S, Banerjee A, Chatterjee P, Chanda A, et al. Mechanism of apoptosis induction in human breast cancer MCF-7 cell by Ruviprase, a small peptide from Daboia russelii russelii venom. Chem Biol Interact. 2016;258:297-304 pubmed publisher..This is the first report on the characterization of the anticancer potential of a small, non-toxic and anticoagulant peptide purified from Russell's viper venom. ..
- Zhang J, Laurence Souders C, Denslow N, Martyniuk C. Quercetin, a natural product supplement, impairs mitochondrial bioenergetics and locomotor behavior in larval zebrafish (Danio rerio). Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;327:30-38 pubmed publisher..Our data support the hypothesis that quercetin may affect locomotion and induce deformities in zebrafish larvae by diminishing ATP production and by altering the expression of transcripts related to muscle formation and activity. ..
- You M, Kim H, Kook J, Kim H. St. John's Wort Regulates Proliferation and Apoptosis in MCF-7 Human Breast Cancer Cells by Inhibiting AMPK/mTOR and Activating the Mitochondrial Pathway. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..Therefore, SJWE can be used as a chemo-preventive agent without photo-activation. ..
- Chang H, Hsu C, Hsu H, Yang R. Functional role of caspases in sphingosine-induced apoptosis in human hepatoma cells. IUBMB Life. 2003;55:403-7 pubmed..In summary, these data suggest that in addition to caspases-3, caspase-7 and -8 are involved in the apoptosis induced by sphingosine. ..
- Gamal Eldeen A, Abdel Hameed S, El Daly S, Abo Zeid M, Swellam M. Cytotoxic effect of ferrimagnetic glass-ceramic nanocomposites on bone osteosarcoma cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;88:689-697 pubmed publisher..However, the presence of P2O5 in the composition of the nanocomposites inhibited their apoptotic properties and diminished their anti-cancer activity. ..
- Khemakhem A, Frye R, El Ansary A, Al Ayadhi L, Bacha A. Novel biomarkers of metabolic dysfunction is autism spectrum disorder: potential for biological diagnostic markers. Metab Brain Dis. 2017;32:1983-1997 pubmed publisher..in children with ASD including pyruvate, creatine kinase, Complex 1, Glutathione S-Transferase, glutathione and Caspase 7. As a novel finding, we report that lactate dehydrogenase is abnormal in children with ASD...
- Zhou J, Lu X, Tan T, Chng W. XIAP inhibition sensitizes acute myeloid leukemia cells response to TRAIL and chemotherapy through potentiated induction of pro-apoptotic machinery. Mol Oncol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..A number of apoptotic-related proteins such as XIAP, cleavage of caspase 3, cleavage of caspase 7, and cleaved PARP were changed upon combination therapy...
- Albano F, Chiurazzi F, Mimmi S, Vecchio E, Pastore A, Cimmino C, et al. The expression of inhibitor of bruton's tyrosine kinase gene is progressively up regulated in the clinical course of chronic lymphocytic leukaemia conferring resistance to apoptosis. Cell Death Dis. 2018;9:13 pubmed publisher..In this view, IBTKα may represent an attractive cancer drug target for counteracting the therapy-resistance of tumour cells. ..
- Wakao K, Watanabe T, Takadama T, Ui S, Shigemi Z, Kagawa H, et al. Sangivamycin induces apoptosis by suppressing Erk signaling in primary effusion lymphoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;444:135-40 pubmed publisher..Compared to treatment with GA or valproate alone, the addition of sangivamycin enhanced cytotoxic activity. Our data thus indicate that sangivamycin may find clinical utility as a novel anti-cancer agent targeting PEL. ..
- Wang A, Wang S, Jiang Y, Chen M, Wang Y, Lin L. Bio-assay guided identification of hepatoprotective polyphenols from Penthorum chinense Pursh on t-BHP induced oxidative stress injured L02 cells. Food Funct. 2016;7:2074-83 pubmed publisher..Altogether, both the active fraction and quercetin from P. chinense might be well developed as a novel functional food for liver protection. ..
- Janečková E, Bíliková P, Matalova E. Osteogenic Potential of Caspases Related to Endochondral Ossification. J Histochem Cytochem. 2017;:22155417739283 pubmed publisher..The distribution of staining varied significantly from that of apoptotic cells, and thus, the results further support non-apoptotic participation of caspases in osteogenesis...
- Huang Y, Rich R, Myszka D, Wu H. Requirement of both the second and third BIR domains for the relief of X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein (XIAP)-mediated caspase inhibition by Smac. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:49517-22 pubmed
- Lee M, Lim D, Kim M, Lee S, Shin S, Kim J, et al. Genetic ablation of caspase-7 promotes solar-simulated light-induced mouse skin carcinogenesis: the involvement of keratin-17. Carcinogenesis. 2015;36:1372-80 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study demonstrates that genetic loss of caspase-7 promotes SSL-induced skin carcinogenesis by blocking caspase-7-mediated cleavage of keratin-17. ..
- Jiang W, Bi N, Zhang W, Wu L, Liu L, Men Y, et al. MicroRNA-related polymorphisms in apoptosis pathway genes are predictive of clinical outcome in patients with limited disease small cell lung cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:22632-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest miRNA-related polymorphisms in the apoptosis pathway may be useful biomarkers for selection of LD-SCLC patients likely to benefit from chemoradiotherapy. ..
- Shin S, Ahn S, Koh D, Lim Y. p53-dependent and -independent mechanisms are involved in (E)-1-(2-hydroxyphenyl)-3-(2-methoxynaphthalen-1-yl)prop-2-en-1-one (HMP)-induced apoptosis in HCT116 colon cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;479:913-919 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that HMP triggers caspase-mediated apoptosis through two distinct mechanisms involving p53-dependent and p53-independent, Egr-1-dependent pathways. ..
- Zhang J, Ding Y, Wang R. Inhibition of tissue transglutaminase promotes A?-induced apoptosis in SH-SY5Y cells. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2016;37:1534-1542 pubmed publisher..Irreversible inhibition of tTG activity did not block but rather promoted A?-induced apoptosis, which indicated that tTG has complex functions in AD pathogenesis. ..
- McKenzie C, D Avino P. Investigating cytokinesis failure as a strategy in cancer therapy. Oncotarget. 2016;7:87323-87341 pubmed publisher..CIT-K depleted cancer cells died via apoptosis in a caspase 7 dependent manner and, consistent with this, p53-deficient HCT116 colon carcinoma cells failed to induce ..
- Davis T, van Niekerk G, Peres J, Prince S, Loos B, Engelbrecht A. Doxorubicin resistance in breast cancer: A novel role for the human protein AHNAK. Biochem Pharmacol. 2018;148:174-183 pubmed publisher..AHNAK knockdown prevented doxorubicin-induced modulation of cleaved caspase 7 protein expression and cell cycle arrest, while its overexpression decreased cleaved caspase 7 and cleaved PARP ..
- Chandra D, Choy G, Deng X, Bhatia B, Daniel P, Tang D. Association of active caspase 8 with the mitochondrial membrane during apoptosis: potential roles in cleaving BAP31 and caspase 3 and mediating mitochondrion-endoplasmic reticulum cross talk in etoposide-induced cell death. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:6592-607 pubmed..Cleavage of BAP31 leads to the generation of ER- localized, proapoptotic BAP20, which may mediate mitochondrion-ER cross talk through a Ca(2+)-dependent mechanism. ..
- Soares J, Lowe M, Jarstfer M. The catalytic subunit of human telomerase is a unique caspase-6 and caspase-7 substrate. Biochemistry. 2011;50:9046-55 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a new biologically relevant mechanism for telomerase down regulation through caspase-mediated cleavage of hTERT and expand the list of known caspase motifs. ..
- Jelinek M, Kabelova A, Srámek J, Seitz J, Ojima I, Kovar J. Differing Mechanisms of Death Induction by Fluorinated Taxane SB-T-12854 in Breast Cancer Cells. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:1581-1590 pubmed
- Sivakumar A, Krishnaraj C, Sheet S, Rampa D, Kang D, Belal S, et al. Interaction of silver and gold nanoparticles in mammalian cancer: as real topical bullet for wound healing- A comparative study. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2017;53:632-645 pubmed publisher..Graphical abstract Schematic representation of biological synthesis of Ag and Au NPs and its application on cancer and wound healing. ..
- Bixel K, Saini U, Kumar Bid H, Fowler J, Riley M, Wanner R, et al. Targeting STAT3 by HO3867 induces apoptosis in ovarian clear cell carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:1856-1866 pubmed publisher..Treatment with HO-3867 resulted in a decrease in Bcl-2 and increase of cleavage of caspase 3, caspase 7, and PARP, confirming induction of apoptosis after treatment with HO-3867...
- Kasof G, Gomes B. Livin, a novel inhibitor of apoptosis protein family member. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:3238-46 pubmed..This was associated with an increase in DNA fragmentation and in DEVD-like caspase activity. Thus, disruption of Livin may provide a strategy to induce apoptosis in certain cancer cells. ..
- Huang Y, Park Y, Rich R, Segal D, Myszka D, Wu H. Structural basis of caspase inhibition by XIAP: differential roles of the linker versus the BIR domain. Cell. 2001;104:781-90 pubmed..Further biochemical characterizations clearly establish that the linker harbors the major energetic determinant, while the BIR2 domain serves as a regulatory element for caspase binding and Smac neutralization. ..
- Dorsey J, Mintz A, Tian X, Dowling M, Plastaras J, Dicker D, et al. Tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL) and paclitaxel have cooperative in vivo effects against glioblastoma multiforme cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2009;8:3285-95 pubmed publisher..These preclinical observations together suggest the therapeutic potential of combining TRAIL plus paclitaxel in cancer treatment, and support further preclinical and future clinical testing. ..
- Wen L, Madani K, Martin G, Rosen G. Proteolytic cleavage of ras GTPase-activating protein during apoptosis. Cell Death Differ. 1998;5:729-34 pubmed..Interestingly, cleavage of rasGAP in vitro enhanced rasGAP hydrolysis activity. Our results demonstrate that diverse apoptotic stimuli cause caspase-mediated cleavage of rasGAP early in apoptosis. ..
- Ku N, Omary M. Effect of mutation and phosphorylation of type I keratins on their caspase-mediated degradation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:26792-8 pubmed..Mutations in epidermolysis bullosa simplex patients could interfere with K14 degradation during apoptosis, depending on their location. ..
- Onuki R, Kawasaki H, Baba T, Taira K. Analysis of a mitochondrial apoptotic pathway using Bid-targeted ribozymes in human MCF7 cells in the absence of a caspase-3-dependent pathway. Antisense Nucleic Acid Drug Dev. 2003;13:75-82 pubmed..believed that these two pathways converge, with resultant activation of effector caspases, such as caspase 6 and caspase 7. However, the precise mechanism of the activation of caspases 6 and 7 remains unknown...
- Bantel H, Beikler T, Flemmig T, Schulze Osthoff K. Caspase activation is involved in chronic periodontitis. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:5559-64 pubmed..Our data suggest that caspase activation is a prominent feature in periodontitis-associated tissue injury. ..
- Kim J, Kim K, Song E, Lee H, Kim J, Kim J, et al. Apoptosis-inducing factor (AIF) inhibits protein synthesis by interacting with the eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3 subunit p44 (eIF3g). FEBS Lett. 2006;580:6375-83 pubmed..Our data suggest that eIF3g is one of the cytosolic targets that interacts with mature AIF, and provide insight into the AIF's cellular functions of the inhibition of protein synthesis during apoptosis. ..
- Schult C, Dahlhaus M, Ruck S, Sawitzky M, Amoroso F, Lange S, et al. The multikinase inhibitor Sorafenib displays significant antiproliferative effects and induces apoptosis via caspase 3, 7 and PARP in B- and T-lymphoblastic cells. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:560 pubmed publisher..Sorafenib displays significant antileukemic activity in vitro by inducing cell cycle arrest and apoptosis. Furthermore, it influences PI3K/Akt/mTOR signaling in ALL cells. ..
- Jeong W, Rho J, Yoon Y, Yoo S, Jeong N, Ryu W, et al. Cytoplasmic and nuclear anti-apoptotic roles of ?B-crystallin in retinal pigment epithelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45754 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that ?B-crystallin prevents caspase activation by physically interacting with caspase subtypes in the cytoplasm and nucleus, thereby protecting RPE cells from MGO-induced apoptosis. ..
- Gato Cañas M, Zuazo M, Arasanz H, Ibáñez Vea M, Lorenzo L, Fernández Hinojal G, et al. PDL1 Signals through Conserved Sequence Motifs to Overcome Interferon-Mediated Cytotoxicity. Cell Rep. 2017;20:1818-1829 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results reveal a mode of action of PDL1 in cancer cells as a first line of defense against IFN cytotoxicity. ..
- Takahashi R, Deveraux Q, Tamm I, Welsh K, Assa Munt N, Salvesen G, et al. A single BIR domain of XIAP sufficient for inhibiting caspases. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:7787-90 pubmed..These findings identify BIR2 as the minimal caspase-inhibitory domain of XIAP and indicate that a single BIR domain can be sufficient for binding and inhibiting caspases. ..
- Van de Craen M, De Jonghe C, Van den Brande I, Declercq W, Van Gassen G, Van Criekinge W, et al. Identification of caspases that cleave presenilin-1 and presenilin-2. Five presenilin-1 (PS1) mutations do not alter the sensitivity of PS1 to caspases. FEBS Lett. 1999;445:149-54 pubmed..None of five missense mutations affected the sensitivity of PSI to caspase-mediated cleavage. This suggests that AD pathogenesis associated with PS1 missense mutations cannot be explained by a change in caspase-dependent processing. ..
- Flygare J, Hellgren D, Wennborg A. Caspase-3 mediated cleavage of HsRad51 at an unconventional site. Eur J Biochem. 2000;267:5977-82 pubmed..Thus, two sites in the HsRad51 sequence are targets for caspase cleavage both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Lane J, Lucocq J, Pryde J, Barr F, Woodman P, Allan V, et al. Caspase-mediated cleavage of the stacking protein GRASP65 is required for Golgi fragmentation during apoptosis. J Cell Biol. 2002;156:495-509 pubmed..Our results suggest that GRASP65 is an important structural component required for maintenance of Golgi apparatus integrity. ..
- Luciano F, Herrant M, Jacquel A, Ricci J, Auberger P. The p54 cleaved form of the tyrosine kinase Lyn generated by caspases during BCR-induced cell death in B lymphoma acts as a negative regulator of apoptosis. FASEB J. 2003;17:711-3 pubmed..Thus, the soluble form of Lyn generated by caspases following BCR triggering acts as an inhibitor of B lymphocyte death likely through the modulation of c-Myc expression. ..
- Tenev T, Zachariou A, Wilson R, Ditzel M, Meier P. IAPs are functionally non-equivalent and regulate effector caspases through distinct mechanisms. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:70-7 pubmed..The importance of IBM-mediated regulation of effector-caspases in vivo is substantiated by the enhanced apoptotic potency of IBM-mutant versions of drICE, DCP-1 and caspase-7. ..
- Iglesias Guimarais V, Gil Guiñón E, Gabernet G, García Belinchón M, Sánchez Osuna M, Casanelles E, et al. Apoptotic DNA degradation into oligonucleosomal fragments, but not apoptotic nuclear morphology, relies on a cytosolic pool of DFF40/CAD endonuclease. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:7766-79 pubmed publisher..Altogether, the cytosolic levels of DFF40/CAD are determinants in achieving a complete apoptotic phenotype, including oligonucleosomal DNA degradation. ..
- Byun Y, Chen F, Chang R, Trivedi M, Green K, Cryns V. Caspase cleavage of vimentin disrupts intermediate filaments and promotes apoptosis. Cell Death Differ. 2001;8:443-50 pubmed..Taken together, our findings suggest that caspase proteolysis of vimentin promotes apoptosis by dismantling intermediate filaments and by amplifying the cell death signal via a pro-apoptotic cleavage product. ..
- Okamoto S, Li Z, Ju C, Scholzke M, Mathews E, Cui J, et al. Dominant-interfering forms of MEF2 generated by caspase cleavage contribute to NMDA-induced neuronal apoptosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:3974-9 pubmed..Additionally, we show that similar MEF2 cleavage fragments are generated in vivo during focal stroke damage. Hence, this pathway appears to have pathophysiological relevance in vivo. ..
- Hermel E, Gafni J, Propp S, Leavitt B, Wellington C, Young J, et al. Specific caspase interactions and amplification are involved in selective neuronal vulnerability in Huntington's disease. Cell Death Differ. 2004;11:424-38 pubmed..These data support the involvement of caspase-2 in the selective neuronal cell death associated with HD in the striatum and cortex. ..
- Jang M, Park B, Kang S, Lee D, Cho S, Lee S, et al. Mining of caspase-7 substrates using a degradomic approach. Mol Cells. 2008;26:152-7 pubmed..Cleavage occurred at both DELD(307) and DELD(580). The degradomic study yielded several candidate caspase-7 substrates and their further analysis should provide valuables clues to the functions of caspase-7 during apoptosis. ..
- Qian J, Gu S, Wu Q, Zhao X, Wu W, Gao Z, et al. Association of CASP7 polymorphisms and survival of patients with non-small cell lung cancer with platinum-based chemotherapy treatment. Chest. 2012;142:680-689 pubmed publisher..39-0.84; P = .004; and HR, 0.61; 95% CI = 0.42-0.89; P = .010; respectively). This study provides evidence that genetic variations of CASP7 may modulate OS and PFS of patients with advanced NSCLC treated with platinum-based chemotherapy. ..
- Palner M, Shen B, Jeon J, Lin J, Chin F, Rao J. Preclinical Kinetic Analysis of the Caspase-3/7 PET Tracer 18F-C-SNAT: Quantifying the Changes in Blood Flow and Tumor Retention After Chemotherapy. J Nucl Med. 2015;56:1415-21 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our kinetic modeling of (18)F-C-SNAT shows that chemotherapeutic treatment increased accumulation (k3) in the treated tumors, independent of increased delivery (K1). ..
- Kothakota S, Azuma T, Reinhard C, Klippel A, Tang J, Chu K, et al. Caspase-3-generated fragment of gelsolin: effector of morphological change in apoptosis. Science. 1997;278:294-8 pubmed..Thus, cleaved gelsolin may be one physiological effector of morphologic change during apoptosis. ..
- Rao R, Peel A, Logvinova A, Del Rio G, Hermel E, Yokota T, et al. Coupling endoplasmic reticulum stress to the cell death program: role of the ER chaperone GRP78. FEBS Lett. 2002;514:122-8 pubmed..These results define a novel protective role for GRP78 in preventing ER stress-induced cell death. ..
- Lemaire C, Godefroy N, Costina Parvu I, Rincheval V, Renaud F, Trotot P, et al. Caspase-9 can antagonize p53-induced apoptosis by generating a p76(Rb) truncated form of Rb. Oncogene. 2005;24:3297-308 pubmed..These results establish that a truncated form of Rb can display an antiapoptotic activity, rather than just being a by-product of Rb degradation. ..