Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: caspase-10
Description: caspase 10
Alias: ALPS2, FLICE2, MCH4, caspase-10, CASP-10, FADD-like ICE2, FAS-associated death domain protein interleukin-1B-converting enzyme 2, ICE-like apoptotic protease 4, apoptotic protease MCH-4, caspase 10 apoptosis-related cysteine peptidase, caspase 10, apoptosis-related cysteine protease, interleukin-1B-converting enzyme 2
Publications158 found, 100 shown here
- Ng P, Porter A, Jänicke R. Molecular cloning and characterization of two novel pro-apoptotic isoforms of caspase-10. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:10301-8 pubmedCaspase-10/a (Mch4) and caspase-10/b (FLICE2) are related death effector domain-containing cysteine aspartases presumed to be at or near the apex of apoptotic signaling pathways...
- Shin M, Kim H, Kang C, Park W, Kim S, Lee S, et al. Inactivating mutations of CASP10 gene in non-Hodgkin lymphomas. Blood. 2002;99:4094-9 pubmedb>Caspase 10 (Mch4/FLICE2) is a caspase homologous to caspase 8. A recent report described that inherited CASP10 gene mutations underlie defective lymphocyte and dendritic cell apoptosis in autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome (ALPS)...
- Micheau O, Tschopp J. Induction of TNF receptor I-mediated apoptosis via two sequential signaling complexes. Cell. 2003;114:181-90 pubmed..Thus, TNFR1-mediated-signal transduction includes a checkpoint, resulting in cell death (via complex II) in instances where the initial signal (via complex I, NF-kappa B) fails to be activated. ..
- Park S, Wu C, Gordon J, Zhong X, Emami A, Safa A. Taxol induces caspase-10-dependent apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:51057-67 pubmed..Therefore, these results demonstrate for the first time that taxol induces FADD-dependent apoptosis primarily through activation of caspase-10 but independently of death receptors. ..
- Milhas D, Cuvillier O, Therville N, Clavé P, Thomsen M, Levade T, et al. Caspase-10 triggers Bid cleavage and caspase cascade activation in FasL-induced apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:19836-42 pubmed..Altogether, our data strongly suggest that caspase-10 can serve as an initiator caspase in Fas signaling leading to Bid processing, caspase cascade activation, and apoptosis. ..
- Zhu S, Hsu A, Vacek M, Zheng L, Schäffer A, Dale J, et al. Genetic alterations in caspase-10 may be causative or protective in autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome. Hum Genet. 2006;119:284-94 pubmed..05). Thus, different genetic variations in caspase-10 can produce contrasting phenotypic effects. ..
- Lan Q, Zheng T, Chanock S, Zhang Y, Shen M, Wang S, et al. Genetic variants in caspase genes and susceptibility to non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Carcinogenesis. 2007;28:823-7 pubmed..The striking protective associations observed for polymorphisms in all four genes for NHL and/or one or more subtypes suggest that genetic variation in CASP genes may play an important role in the etiology of NHL. ..
- Wang H, Wang P, Sun X, Luo Y, Wang X, Ma D, et al. Cloning and characterization of a novel caspase-10 isoform that activates NF-kappa B activity. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1770:1528-37 pubmedCaspase-10 (also known as Mch4 and FLICE2) is an initiator caspase in the death receptor (DR)-dependent apoptotic pathway. So far six splice variants (caspase-10a-f) have been identified...
- Muhlethaler Mottet A, Flahaut M, Bourloud K, Nardou K, Coulon A, Liberman J, et al. Individual caspase-10 isoforms play distinct and opposing roles in the initiation of death receptor-mediated tumour cell apoptosis. Cell Death Dis. 2011;2:e125 pubmed publisher..These data highlight in several tumour cell types, a differential pro- or anti-apoptotic role for the distinct caspase-10 isoforms in DR signalling, which may be relevant for fine tuning of apoptosis initiation. ..
- Schleich K, Warnken U, Fricker N, Oztürk S, Richter P, Kammerer K, et al. Stoichiometry of the CD95 death-inducing signaling complex: experimental and modeling evidence for a death effector domain chain model. Mol Cell. 2012;47:306-19 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings provide an enhanced understanding of caspase-8 activation and initiation of apoptosis at the DISC. ..
- Kischkel F, Lawrence D, Tinel A, Leblanc H, Virmani A, Schow P, et al. Death receptor recruitment of endogenous caspase-10 and apoptosis initiation in the absence of caspase-8. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:46639-46 pubmed..Thus, apoptosis signaling by death receptors involves not only caspase-8 but also caspase-10, and both caspases may have equally important roles in apoptosis initiation. ..
- Park W, Lee J, Shin M, Park J, Kim H, Lee J, et al. Inactivating mutations of the caspase-10 gene in gastric cancer. Oncogene. 2002;21:2919-25 pubmed..The data presented here suggest that somatic alterations of the caspase-10 gene might contribute to the pathogenesis in a subset of gastric cancers through the loss of their apoptotic function. ..
- Rikhof B, Corn P, El Deiry W. Caspase 10 levels are increased following DNA damage in a p53-dependent manner. Cancer Biol Ther. 2003;2:707-12 pubmed..In this study, we show that caspase 10, an initiator caspase, is induced in response to DNA damaging chemotherapeutic agents in a p53-dependent manner...
- Filomenko R, Prevotat L, Rébé C, Cortier M, Jeannin J, Solary E, et al. Caspase-10 involvement in cytotoxic drug-induced apoptosis of tumor cells. Oncogene. 2006;25:7635-45 pubmed..Altogether, these data indicate an active role for caspase-10 in cytotoxic drug-induced tumor cell death, downstream of the mitochondria. ..
- Ekchariyawat P, Thitithanyanont A, Sirisinha S, Utaisincharoen P. Apoptosis induced by avian H5N1 virus in human monocyte-derived macrophages involves TRAIL-inducing caspase-10 activation. Innate Immun. 2012;18:390-7 pubmed publisher..Together, this study demonstrated that apoptosis in avian virus H5N1-infected MDMs was induced by TRAIL-activated caspase-10, resulting in the activation of Bid and the release of AIF from mitochondria. ..
- Lamy L, Ngo V, Emre N, Shaffer A, Yang Y, Tian E, et al. Control of autophagic cell death by caspase-10 in multiple myeloma. Cancer Cell. 2013;23:435-49 pubmed publisher..While myeloma cells require a basal level of autophagy for survival, caspase-10 tempers this response to avoid cell death. Drugs that disrupt this vital balance may have therapeutic potential in myeloma. ..
- Perosso J, Silva K, Ferreira S, AvanÃ§o S, Dos Santos P, EugÃªnio F, et al. Alteration of sFAS and sFAS ligand expression during canine visceral leishmaniosis. Vet Parasitol. 2014;205:417-23 pubmed publisher..05) in dogs with VL compared with controls. Negative correlation was observed between parasite burden and sFASL levels. The increase in sFASL could be related to the mechanism involved in the elimination of the parasite. ..
- Chuang C, Chan S, Chen C, Yeh S. Quercetin enhances the antitumor activity of trichostatin A through up-regulation of p300 protein expression in p53 null cancer cells. Chem Biol Interact. 2019;306:54-61 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the up-regulation of p300 expression, which in turn increases histone acetylation and DR5 expression, plays an important role in the enhancing effect of Q on TSA/vorinostat- induced apoptosis in H1299 cells. ..
- Fernandes Alnemri T, Armstrong R, Krebs J, Srinivasula S, Wang L, Bullrich F, et al. In vitro activation of CPP32 and Mch3 by Mch4, a novel human apoptotic cysteine protease containing two FADD-like domains. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:7464-9 pubmed..Like other ASCPs, the new proteases, named Mch4 and Mch5, are derived from single chain proenzymes...
- Lemaire C, Godefroy N, Costina Parvu I, Rincheval V, Renaud F, Trotot P, et al. Caspase-9 can antagonize p53-induced apoptosis by generating a p76(Rb) truncated form of Rb. Oncogene. 2005;24:3297-308 pubmed..These results establish that a truncated form of Rb can display an antiapoptotic activity, rather than just being a by-product of Rb degradation. ..
- Clements G, Klein G, Povey S. Production by EBV infection of an EBNA-positive subline from an EBNA-negative human lymphoma cell line without detectable EBV DNA. Int J Cancer. 1975;16:125-33 pubmed..This evidence shows that EBV is not readily "picked up" by the lymphoma. ..
- Shimomura T, Nishijima K, Kikuchi T. A new technique for predicting intrinsically disordered regions based on average distance map constructed with inter-residue average distance statistics. BMC Struct Biol. 2019;19:3 pubmed publisher..The technique in our study may also serve as a means of predicting a disordered region which would become an ordered structure when binding to another protein. ..
- Sakamaki K, Imai K, Tomii K, Miller D. Evolutionary analyses of caspase-8 and its paralogs: Deep origins of the apoptotic signaling pathways. Bioessays. 2015;37:767-76 pubmed publisher..The apoptotic network of the eumetazoan ancestor appears to have been complex and vertebrate like, and is only now being revealed by studying simple animals. ..
- Vondálová Blanárová O, Safaříková B, Herůdková J, Krkoška M, Tomankova S, Kahounova Z, et al. Cisplatin or LA-12 enhance killing effects of TRAIL in prostate cancer cells through Bid-dependent stimulation of mitochondrial apoptotic pathway but not caspase-10. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0188584 pubmed publisher
- de Lima J, Silva S, Rueff J, Pingarilho M. Glycidamide genotoxicity modulated by Caspases genes polymorphisms. Toxicol In Vitro. 2016;34:123-127 pubmed publisher..A possible correlation between DNA damage and the genetic susceptibility, bestowed by polymorphic genes in the apoptosis inducing pathways was verified. ..
- Leo E, Deveraux Q, Buchholtz C, Welsh K, Matsuzawa S, Stennicke H, et al. TRAF1 is a substrate of caspases activated during tumor necrosis factor receptor-alpha-induced apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:8087-93 pubmed..These data identify TRAF1 as a specific target of caspases activated during TNF- and Fas-induced apoptosis and illustrate differences in the repertoire of protease substrates cleaved during activation of different apoptotic pathways. ..
- Kummer J, Micheau O, Schneider P, Bovenschen N, Broekhuizen R, Quadir R, et al. Ectopic expression of the serine protease inhibitor PI9 modulates death receptor-mediated apoptosis. Cell Death Differ. 2007;14:1486-96 pubmed..Indeed, PI9 inhibited apoptotic death by directly interacting with the intermediate active forms of caspase-8 and -10. This indicates that PI9 can regulate pro-apoptotic apical caspases. ..
- Raulf N, El Attar R, Kulms D, Lecis D, Delia D, Walczak H, et al. Differential response of head and neck cancer cell lines to TRAIL or Smac mimetics is associated with the cellular levels and activity of caspase-8 and caspase-10. Br J Cancer. 2014;111:1955-64 pubmed publisher..Distinct molecular mechanisms determine the sensitivity to each agent, with levels of TNF-Î±, caspase-8, Bid and caspase-10 providing important predictive biomarkers of response to these agents. ..
- Wang S, Li W, Liu S, Xu J. RaptorX-Property: a web server for protein structure property prediction. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:W430-5 pubmed publisher..89 area under the ROC curve (AUC) for disorder prediction. ..
- Han M, Song Y, Qian J, Ming D. Sequence-based prediction of physicochemical interactions at protein functional sites using a function-and-interaction-annotated domain profile database. BMC Bioinformatics. 2018;19:204 pubmed publisher..This work provides a valuable sequence-based tool for rational drug design and side-effect assessment. The method is freely available and can be accessed at http://126.96.36.199 . ..
- Schmidt Lucke C, Zobel T, Schrepfer S, Kuhl U, Wang D, Klingel K, et al. Impaired Endothelial Regeneration Through Human Parvovirus B19-Infected Circulating Angiogenic Cells in Patients With Cardiomyopathy. J Infect Dis. 2015;212:1070-81 pubmed publisher..We thus conclude that B19V infection and damage to CACs result in dysfunctional endogenous vascular repair, supporting the emergence of primary bone marrow disease with secondary end-organ damage. ..
- Han J, Kim Y, Cho G, Roh G, Kim H, Choi W, et al. Altered gene expression of caspase-10, death receptor-3 and IGFBP-3 in preeclamptic placentas. Mol Cells. 2006;22:168-74 pubmed..Apoptosis in the trophoblast was also increased in term placentas from women with pregnancies complicated by preeclampsia. These results suggest that caspase-10, DR-3 and IGFBP-3 are involved in apoptosis in the preeclamptic placenta. ..
- Lopez D, Jimenez M, Garcia Calvo M, Del Val M. Concerted antigen processing of a short viral antigen by human caspase-5 and -10. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:16910-3 pubmed publisher..These in vitro data suggest that each enzyme can use the degradation products of the other as substrate for new cleavages, indicating concerted endoproteolytic activity of caspase-5 and -10. ..
- Modi V, Xu Q, Adhikari S, Dunbrack R. Assessment of template-based modeling of protein structure in CASP11. Proteins. 2016;84 Suppl 1:200-20 pubmed publisher..Proteins 2016; 84(Suppl 1):200-220. Â© 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Hyland P, Lin S, Hu N, Zhang H, Wang L, Su H, et al. Genetic variants in fas signaling pathway genes and risk of gastric cancer. Int J Cancer. 2014;134:822-31 pubmed publisher..As one of the first attempts to investigate a pathway-level association, our results suggest that these genes and the Fas signaling pathway warrant further evaluation in relation to GC risk in other populations. ..
- Vilmont V, Filhol O, Hesse A, CoutÃ© Y, Hue C, RÃ©my Tourneur L, et al. Modulatory role of the anti-apoptotic protein kinase CK2 in the sub-cellular localization of Fas associated death domain protein (FADD). Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1853:2885-96 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results show for the first time that multifaceted kinase, CK2, phosphorylates FADD and is involved in its sub-cellular localization. This work uncovered an important role of CK2 in stable FADD nuclear localization. ..
- Zang T, Ma T, Wang Q, Ma J. Improving low-accuracy protein structures using enhanced sampling techniques. J Chem Phys. 2018;149:072319 pubmed publisher..Our results justify the crucial position of enhanced sampling in protein structure prediction and refinement and demonstrate that a considerable improvement of low-accuracy structures is achievable with current force fields. ..
- Tian H, Liu L, Li Z, Liu W, Sun Z, Xu Y, et al. Chinese medicine CGA formula ameliorates liver fibrosis induced by carbon tetrachloride involving inhibition of hepatic apoptosis in rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2019;232:227-235 pubmed publisher..CGA formula ameliorates liver fibrosis induced by CCl4, which is correlated to its inhibition on hepatic apoptosis. ..
- Shen J, Cao S, Sun X, Pan B, Cao J, Che D, et al. Sinoporphyrin Sodium-Mediated Sonodynamic Therapy Inhibits RIP3 Expression and Induces Apoptosis in the H446 Small Cell Lung Cancer Cell Line. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2018;51:2938-2954 pubmed publisher..Both apoptosis and changes in RIP3 expression were closely related to the generation of ROS. DVDMS-SDT will be advantageous for the management of small cell lung cancer due to its noninvasive characteristics. ..
- Lee J, Lee K, Joung I, Joo K, Brooks B, Lee J. Sigma-RF: prediction of the variability of spatial restraints in template-based modeling by random forest. BMC Bioinformatics. 2015;16:94 pubmed publisher..This average alignment quality is shown to be more important than the previously identified quantity of a local information: the product of alignment qualities at two aligned residues. ..
- MartÃnez Feito A, Melero J, Mora DÃaz S, RodrÃguez Vigil C, Elduayen R, GonzÃ¡lez Granado L, et al. Autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome due to somatic FAS mutation (ALPS-sFAS) combined with a germline caspase-10 (CASP10) variation. Immunobiology. 2016;221:40-7 pubmed publisher..Molecular alterations in genes of the Fas pathway are necessary for the development of ALPS and this syndrome could be influenced by the concurrent effect of other mutations hitting different genes involved in Fas or related pathways. ..
- Datta S, Ray A, Singh R, Mondal P, Basu A, De Sarkar N, et al. Sequence and expression variations in 23 genes involved in mitochondrial and non-mitochondrial apoptotic pathways and risk of oral leukoplakia and cancer. Mitochondrion. 2015;25:28-33 pubmed publisher..This study also implies importance of mitochondrial apoptotic pathway gene (such as BCL2) in progression of leukoplakia to oral cancer. ..
- Wu Y, Ni J, Qi M, Cao C, Shao Y, Xu L, et al. Associations of genetic variation in CASP3 gene with noise-induced hearing loss in a Chinese population: a case-control study. Environ Health. 2017;16:78 pubmed publisher..There were joint effects of working time and CASP3 polymorphisms on NIHL risk (P < 0.05). Genetic variations in the CASP3 gene and the joint effects of working time and CASP3 polymorphisms may modify the risk of developing NIHL. ..
- Ma Y, Liu Y, Cheng J. Protein Secondary Structure Prediction Based on Data Partition and Semi-Random Subspace Method. Sci Rep. 2018;8:9856 pubmed publisher..38%, 84.53%, 85.51%, 85.89%, 85.55%, and 85.09% is achieved respectively. Experimental results showed that our method outperforms other state-of-the-art methods. ..
- Goltsev Y, Kovalenko A, Arnold E, Varfolomeev E, Brodianskii V, Wallach D. CASH, a novel caspase homologue with death effector domains. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:19641-4 pubmed..The findings suggest that CASH acts as an attenuator and/or initiator in CD95 and CD120a signaling for cell death. ..
- Frank B, Hemminki K, Wappenschmidt B, Meindl A, Klaes R, Schmutzler R, et al. Association of the CASP10 V410I variant with reduced familial breast cancer risk and interaction with the CASP8 D302H variant. Carcinogenesis. 2006;27:606-9 pubmed..35, P(trend) = 0.007), pointing to the interaction between the CASP10 and CASP8 polymorphisms in breast carcinogenesis. ..
- Brownhill S, Cohen D, Burchill S. Proliferation index: a continuous model to predict prognosis in patients with tumours of the Ewing's sarcoma family. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e104106 pubmed publisher..028); patients with a pelvic tumour and a PIâ‰¥20 had a 6 fold-increased risk of death. These studies advocate the evaluation of PI in a risk model of outcome for patients with ESFT. ..
- El Qaidi S, Chen K, Halim A, Siukstaite L, Rueter C, Hurtado Guerrero R, et al. NleB/SseK effectors from Citrobacter rodentium, Escherichia coli, and Salmonella enterica display distinct differences in host substrate specificity. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:11423-11430 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that members of this highly conserved family of bacterial virulence effectors target different host protein substrates and exhibit distinct cellular modes of action to suppress host responses. ..
- Li X, Bai Y, Zhang D, Jiao H, He R. Euphornin reduces proliferation of human cervical adenocarcinoma HeLa cells through induction of apoptosis and G2/M cell cycle arrest. Onco Targets Ther. 2018;11:4395-4405 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that euphornin has the potential to be used as a cancer therapeutic agent against human cervical adenocarcinoma. ..
- Smith A, Lange L, Ampleford E, Meyers D, Bleecker E, Howard T. Association of polymorphisms in CASP10 and CASP8 with FEV(1)/FVC and bronchial hyperresponsiveness in ethnically diverse asthmatics. Clin Exp Allergy. 2008;38:1738-44 pubmed publisher..025) and Hispanic (P=0.033) populations, respectively. These data suggest a role for CASP10 as a potential modifier of the asthma phenotype, specifically with measures of airway obstruction and BHR. ..
- Guo H, Cui H, Fang J, Zuo Z, Deng J, Wang X, et al. Nickel chloride-induced apoptosis via mitochondria- and Fas-mediated caspase-dependent pathways in broiler chickens. Oncotarget. 2016;7:79747-79760 pubmed publisher..Our results provide novel insight into Ni and Ni-compound toxicology evaluated in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Manavalan B, Lee J. SVMQA: support-vector-machine-based protein single-model quality assessment. Bioinformatics. 2017;33:2496-2503 pubmed publisher..SVMQA method can be freely downloaded from http://lee.kias.re.kr/SVMQA/SVMQA_eval.tar.gz. email@example.com. Supplementary data are available at Bioinformatics online. ..
- Cerutti E, Campagnoli M, Ferretti M, Garelli E, Crescenzio N, Rosolen A, et al. Co-inherited mutations of Fas and caspase-10 in development of the autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome. BMC Immunol. 2007;8:28 pubmed..In both patients, the mutations were inherited from distinct healthy parents. These data strongly suggest that co-transmission of these mutation was responsible for ALPS. ..
- He Y, Rackovsky S, Yin Y, Scheraga H. Alternative approach to protein structure prediction based on sequential similarity of physical properties. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:5029-32 pubmed publisher..It is also shown that PFM outperforms PSI BLAST in informatically challenging targets. ..
- Kinch L, Li W, Monastyrskyy B, Kryshtafovych A, Grishin N. Assessment of CASP11 contact-assisted predictions. Proteins. 2016;84 Suppl 1:164-80 pubmed publisher..Proteins 2016; 84(Suppl 1):164-180. Â© 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Zheng Q, Cao J, Hamad N, Kim H, Moon J, Sohn S, et al. Single nucleotide polymorphisms in apoptosis pathway are associated with response to imatinib therapy in chronic myeloid leukemia. J Transl Med. 2016;14:82 pubmed publisher..SNP markers in the apoptosis pathway including FAS genotype (rs2234767) can be potential surrogates for predicting deeper molecular response after imatinib therapy. ..
- Alcivar A, Hu S, Tang J, Yang X. DEDD and DEDD2 associate with caspase-8/10 and signal cell death. Oncogene. 2003;22:291-7 pubmed..DEDD and DEDD2 also readily associate with themselves and with each other. These results suggest that DEDD and DEDD2 may be important mediators for death receptors and that they may target caspases to the nucleus. ..
- Cheung V, Bouralexis S, Gillespie M. PTHrP Overexpression Increases Sensitivity of Breast Cancer Cells to Apo2L/TRAIL. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66343 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal a novel role for PTHrP with Apo2L/TRAIL that maybe important for future diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer. ..
- Sinha S, Chaudhary P. Induction of apoptosis by X-linked ectodermal dysplasia receptor via a caspase 8-dependent mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:41873-81 pubmed..Instead, XEDAR signaling leads to the formation of a secondary complex containing FADD, caspase 8, and caspase 10, which results in caspase activation...
- Hafez M, Al Harbi N, Al Hoshani A, Al hosaini K, Al Shrari S, Al Rejaie S, et al. Hepato-protective effect of rutin via IL-6/STAT3 pathway in CCl4-induced hepatotoxicity in rats. Biol Res. 2015;48:30 pubmed publisher..CCl4 administration causes alteration in expression of IL-6/STAT3 pathway genes, resulting in hepatotoxicity. Rutin protects against CCl4-induced hepatotoxicity by reversing these expression changes. ..
- Srinivasula S, Ahmad M, Fernandes Alnemri T, Litwack G, Alnemri E. Molecular ordering of the Fas-apoptotic pathway: the Fas/APO-1 protease Mch5 is a CrmA-inhibitable protease that activates multiple Ced-3/ICE-like cysteine proteases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:14486-91 pubmed..This contrasts with the observation that Mch4, the second FADD-related cysteine protease that is also able to process/activate all known ICE/Ced-3-like cysteine ..
- Choi H, Chang J, Jung Y. Peroxiredoxin 6 interferes with TRAIL-induced death-inducing signaling complex formation by binding to death effector domain caspase. Cell Death Differ. 2011;18:405-14 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that Prx6 modulates TRAIL signaling as a negative regulator of caspase-8 and caspase-10 in DISC formation of TRAIL-resistant metastatic cancer cells. ..
- Li Y, Zhou F, Huang J, Yang L, Jiang S, Yang Q, et al. Transcriptome reveals involvement of immune defense, oxidative imbalance, and apoptosis in ammonia-stress response of the black tiger shrimp (Penaeus monodon). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2018;83:162-170 pubmed publisher..ammonia stress altered the expression patterns of key apoptosis genes (Bcl-xL, PERK, caspase 7, and caspase 10), confirmed that ammonia-stress induce oxidative stress and eventually even apoptosis...
- Hu S, Snipas S, Vincenz C, Salvesen G, Dixit V. Caspase-14 is a novel developmentally regulated protease. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:29648-53 pubmed..Surprisingly, however, overexpression of MICE itself induced apoptosis in MCF7 human breast cancer cells, which was attenuated by traditional caspase inhibitors. ..
- Rashwan S, Youssef B. Refinement of Protein Structure Predicted Models Using Minimum Spanning Tree. Curr Comput Aided Drug Des. 2015;11:32-8 pubmed..We used a small set of 18 different targets got from CASP10. The results show the improvement in about (83.333%) of the cases. We compare our results with state-of-art algorithms results. ..
- Horn S, Hughes M, Schilling R, Sticht C, Tenev T, Ploesser M, et al. Caspase-10 Negatively Regulates Caspase-8-Mediated Cell Death, Switching the Response to CD95L in Favor of NF-ÎºB Activation and Cell Survival. Cell Rep. 2017;19:785-797 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data are consistent with a model in which both caspase-10 and cFLIP coordinately regulate CD95L-mediated signaling for death or survival. ..
- Zhang B, Li J, Lu Q. Prediction of 8-state protein secondary structures by a novel deep learning architecture. BMC Bioinformatics. 2018;19:293 pubmed publisher..Our experiment demonstrates that it is a valuable method for predicting protein secondary structure, and capturing local and global features concurrently is very useful in deep learning. ..
- Chen A, Zhang E, Guan W, Cheng F, Kleiboeker S, Yankee T, et al. The small 11 kDa nonstructural protein of human parvovirus B19 plays a key role in inducing apoptosis during B19 virus infection of primary erythroid progenitor cells. Blood. 2010;115:1070-80 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that the 11 kDa protein contributes to erythroid progenitor cell death during B19V infection...
- Huh S, Paik D, Chung H, Youn J. Regulation of GRB2 and FLICE2 expression by TNF-alpha in rheumatoid synovium. Immunol Lett. 2003;90:93-6 pubmed..Upregulated genes in the RA synovium included TNFR2, FLICE2, and signaling molecules involved in a MAP kinase pathway (GRB2, MAPK p38)...
- Reiter M, Eckhardt I, Haferkamp A, Fulda S. Smac mimetic sensitizes renal cell carcinoma cells to interferon-Î±-induced apoptosis. Cancer Lett. 2016;375:1-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the combination approach of IFNÎ± and BV6 represents a promising strategy for cooperative induction of apoptosis in RCC cells, which warrants further investigation. ..
- Lo Y, Lin S, Yang C, Tung J. Tandem DEDs and CARDs suggest novel mechanisms of signaling complex assembly. Apoptosis. 2015;20:124-35 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes recent structural studies on DED-containing proteins and especially discusses the studies on tandem DEDs and tandem CARDs, which suggest new mechanisms of signaling complex assembly. ..
- Morelli E, Leone E, Cantafio M, Di Martino M, Amodio N, Biamonte L, et al. Selective targeting of IRF4 by synthetic microRNA-125b-5p mimics induces anti-multiple myeloma activity in vitro and in vivo. Leukemia. 2015;29:2173-83 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our data provide proof-of-concept that synthetic miR-125b-5p mimics are promising anti-MM agents to be validated in early clinical trials. ..
- Salort G, Alvaro Bartolomé M, Garcia Sevilla J. Regulation of cannabinoid CB2 receptor constitutive activity in vivo: repeated treatments with inverse agonists reverse the acute activation of JNK and associated apoptotic signaling in mouse brain. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2017;234:925-941 pubmed publisher..Acute and chronic treatments with CB2 inverse agonists regulate in opposite directions brain death markers. ..
- Berndt S, Skibola C, Joseph V, Camp N, Nieters A, Wang Z, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies multiple risk loci for chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Nat Genet. 2013;45:868-76 pubmed publisher..3 (ODF1, P=5.40×10(-8)) and 5p15.33 (TERT, P=1.92×10(-7)). Although further studies are required, the proximity of several of these loci to genes involved in apoptosis suggests a plausible underlying biological mechanism. ..
- Boyd Tressler A, Lane G, Dubyak G. Up-regulated Ectonucleotidases in Fas-Associated Death Domain Protein- and Receptor-Interacting Protein Kinase 1-Deficient Jurkat Leukemia Cells Counteract Extracellular ATP/AMP Accumulation via Pannexin-1 Channels during Chemotherapeutic Drug-Induce. Mol Pharmacol. 2017;92:30-47 pubmed publisher
- Gopinath S, Vanamala S, Gujrati M, Klopfenstein J, Dinh D, Rao J. Doxorubicin-mediated apoptosis in glioma cells requires NFAT3. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2009;66:3967-78 pubmed publisher..by shNFAT3 (shNF3) significantly downregulated tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha induction, its receptor TNFR1, caspase 10, caspase 3, and poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase, abrogating DOX-mediated apoptosis in glioma cells...
- Lee S, Choi Y, Choi J, Kim M, Kim J, Jung D, et al. Polymorphisms in the caspase genes and the risk of lung cancer. J Thorac Oncol. 2010;5:1152-8 pubmed publisher..54, 95% confidence interval = 1.28-5.02, p = 0.008, respectively). These results suggest that a combined analysis of these three CASP gene polymorphisms might better predict the risk of lung cancer than analysis of a single polymorphism. ..
- Wang S, Weng S, Ma J, Tang Q. DeepCNF-D: Predicting Protein Order/Disorder Regions by Weighted Deep Convolutional Neural Fields. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:17315-30 pubmed publisher..Evaluated by the CASP9 and CASP10 targets, our method obtains 0.855 and 0.898 AUC values, which are higher than the state-of-the-art single ab initio predictors. ..
- Seki K, Cueno M, Kamio N, Saito Y, Kamimoto A, Kurita Ochiai T, et al. Varying butyric acid amounts induce different stress- and cell death-related signals in nerve growth factor-treated PC12 cells: implications in neuropathic pain absence during periodontal disease progression. Apoptosis. 2016;21:699-707 pubmed publisher..More importantly, we propose that neuropathic pain absence at any stage of periodontal disease progression is ascribable to BA accumulation regardless of amount. ..
- Baumann K, de Rouffignac C, Roinel N, Rumrich G, Ullrich K. Renal phosphate transport: inhomogeneity of local proximal transport rates and sodium dependence. Pflugers Arch. 1975;356:287-98 pubmed..The data indicate that in the proximal convoluted tubule 1. the rate of phosphate reabsorption is greater in the early part than in the later part, and 2. phospate reabsorption might occur as co-transport with Na+ ions. ..
- Buechler C, Bared S, Aslanidis C, Ritter M, Drobnik W, Schmitz G. Molecular and functional interaction of the ATP-binding cassette transporter A1 with Fas-associated death domain protein. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:41307-10 pubmed..The association of FADD with ABCA1 provides an unexpected link between high density lipoprotein metabolism and an adaptor molecule mainly described in death receptor signal transduction...
- Shikama Y, Yamada M, Miyashita T. Caspase-8 and caspase-10 activate NF-kappaB through RIP, NIK and IKKalpha kinases. Eur J Immunol. 2003;33:1998-2006 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that caspase-8 and -10 have roles in a non- or anti-apoptotic signaling pathway leading to NF-kappaB activation through RIP, NIK and IKKalpha. ..
- Sun T, Gao Y, Tan W, Ma S, Shi Y, Yao J, et al. A six-nucleotide insertion-deletion polymorphism in the CASP8 promoter is associated with susceptibility to multiple cancers. Nat Genet. 2007;39:605-13 pubmed..These results support the hypothesis that genetic variants influencing immune status modify cancer susceptibility. ..
- Yoo S, Choi J, Lee W, Choi Y, Kam S, Kim M, et al. Polymorphisms in the CASPASE genes and survival in patients with early-stage non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:5823-9 pubmed publisher..66; 95% CI, 1.23 to 2.26; P = .001). The CASP7 rs2227310 and CASP9 rs4645981 polymorphisms may affect survival in early-stage NSCLC. The analysis of these polymorphisms can help identify patients at high risk for a poor disease outcome. ..