Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CAPON
Description: nitric oxide synthase 1 adaptor protein
Alias: 6330408P19Rik, CAPON, carboxyl-terminal PDZ ligand of neuronal nitric oxide synthase protein, C-terminal PDZ domain ligand of neuronal nitric oxide synthase (CAPON), C-terminal PDZ ligand of neuronal nitric oxide synthase protein, ligand of neuronal nitric oxide synthase with carboxyl-terminal PDZ domain, nitric oxide synthase 1 (neuronal) adaptor protein
Publications108 found, 100 shown here
- Post W, Shen H, Damcott C, Arking D, Kao W, Sack P, et al. Associations between genetic variants in the NOS1AP (CAPON) gene and cardiac repolarization in the old order Amish. Hum Hered. 2007;64:214-9 pubmed..study, we discovered an association of the electrocardiographic QT interval with polymorphisms in the NOS1AP (CAPON) gene. The purpose of the current study was to replicate this association in the Old Order Amish...
- Eijgelsheim M, Aarnoudse A, Rivadeneira F, Kors J, Witteman J, Hofman A, et al. Identification of a common variant at the NOS1AP locus strongly associated to QT-interval duration. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:347-57 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we found rs12143842 6 kb upstream distance of NOS1AP to be more strongly associated to QT-interval duration than rs10494366T > G. Functional analysis of this marker is warranted. ..
- Pfeufer A, Sanna S, Arking D, Müller M, Gateva V, Fuchsberger C, et al. Common variants at ten loci modulate the QT interval duration in the QTSCD Study. Nat Genet. 2009;41:407-14 pubmed publisher..These results, together with an accompanying paper from the QTGEN consortium, identify new candidate genes for ventricular arrhythmias and SCD. ..
- Newton Cheh C, Guo C, Wang T, O Donnell C, Levy D, Larson M. Genome-wide association study of electrocardiographic and heart rate variability traits: the Framingham Heart Study. BMC Med Genet. 2007;8 Suppl 1:S7 pubmed
- Chang K, Barth A, Sasano T, Kizana E, Kashiwakura Y, Zhang Y, et al. CAPON modulates cardiac repolarization via neuronal nitric oxide synthase signaling in the heart. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:4477-82 pubmed publisher..Apart from the rare disease-causing mutations, common genetic variants in CAPON, a neuronal nitric oxide synthase (NOS1) regulator, have recently been associated with QT interval variations in a ..
- Tobin M, Kahonen M, Braund P, Nieminen T, Hajat C, Tomaszewski M, et al. Gender and effects of a common genetic variant in the NOS1 regulator NOS1AP on cardiac repolarization in 3761 individuals from two independent populations. Int J Epidemiol. 2008;37:1132-41 pubmed publisher..Further studies should aim to confirm this finding and to assess whether NOS1AP genotype influences the risk of drug-induced QT prolongation and risk of consequent arrhythmias. ..
- Raitakari O, Blom Nyholm J, Koskinen T, Kahonen M, Viikari J, Lehtimaki T. Common variation in NOS1AP and KCNH2 genes and QT interval duration in young adults. The Cardiovascular Risk in Young Finns Study. Ann Med. 2009;41:144-51 pubmed publisher..Further studies are warranted to investigate the effects of this variant on sudden cardiac death and ventricular arrhythmias. ..
- Puri V, McQuillin A, Thirumalai S, Lawrence J, Krasucki R, Choudhury K, et al. Failure to confirm allelic association between markers at the CAPON gene locus and schizophrenia in a British sample. Biol Psychiatry. 2006;59:195-7 pubmed..It was then claimed that markers at the carboxyl-terminal PDZ ligand of neuronal nitric oxide synthase (CAPON) gene showed allelic association with schizophrenia in Canadian families...
- Lehtinen A, Newton Cheh C, Ziegler J, Langefeld C, Freedman B, Daniel K, et al. Association of NOS1AP genetic variants with QT interval duration in families from the Diabetes Heart Study. Diabetes. 2008;57:1108-14 pubmed publisher..Stronger effects of NOS1AP variants in diabetic individuals suggest that this patient subset may be particularly susceptible to genetic variants that influence myocardial depolarization and repolarization as manifest in the QT interval. ..
- Wratten N, Memoli H, Huang Y, Dulencin A, MATTESON P, Cornacchia M, et al. Identification of a schizophrenia-associated functional noncoding variant in NOS1AP. Am J Psychiatry. 2009;166:434-41 pubmed publisher..The A allele of rs12742393 appears to be a risk allele associated with schizophrenia that acts by enhancing transcription factor binding and increasing gene expression. ..
- Chu A, Coresh J, Arking D, Pankow J, Tomaselli G, Chakravarti A, et al. NOS1AP variant associated with incidence of type 2 diabetes in calcium channel blocker users in the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) study. Diabetologia. 2010;53:510-6 pubmed publisher..Further exploration of NOS1AP variants and type 2 diabetes and functional studies of NOS1AP in type 2 diabetes pathology is warranted. ..
- Arking D, Pfeufer A, Post W, Kao W, Newton Cheh C, Ikeda M, et al. A common genetic variant in the NOS1 regulator NOS1AP modulates cardiac repolarization. Nat Genet. 2006;38:644-51 pubmed..This genome-wide study identified NOS1AP (CAPON), a regulator of neuronal nitric oxide synthase, as a new target that modulates cardiac repolarization...
- Aarnoudse A, Newton Cheh C, de Bakker P, Straus S, Kors J, Hofman A, et al. Common NOS1AP variants are associated with a prolonged QTc interval in the Rotterdam Study. Circulation. 2007;116:10-6 pubmed..Common variants in NOS1AP are strongly associated with QT-interval duration in an elderly population. Larger sample sizes are needed to confirm or exclude an effect on sudden cardiac death risk. ..
- Jaffrey S, Benfenati F, Snowman A, Czernik A, Snyder S. Neuronal nitric-oxide synthase localization mediated by a ternary complex with synapsin and CAPON. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:3199-204 pubmed..Here, we show that the nNOS adapter protein, CAPON, interacts with synapsins I, II, and III through an N-terminal phosphotyrosine-binding domain interaction, which ..
- Zheng Y, Li H, Qin W, Chen W, Duan Y, Xiao Y, et al. Association of the carboxyl-terminal PDZ ligand of neuronal nitric oxide synthase gene with schizophrenia in the Chinese Han population. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;328:809-15 pubmed..Recently, some genetic variants within CAPON have been reported as exhibiting significant linkage disequilibrium to schizophrenia in Canadian familial-..
- Newton Cheh C, Eijgelsheim M, Rice K, de Bakker P, Yin X, Estrada K, et al. Common variants at ten loci influence QT interval duration in the QTGEN Study. Nat Genet. 2009;41:399-406 pubmed publisher..5% of the variation in QT interval. These results, together with an accompanying paper, offer insights into myocardial repolarization and suggest candidate genes that could predispose to sudden cardiac death and drug-induced arrhythmias. ..
- Jaffrey S, Snowman A, Eliasson M, Cohen N, Snyder S. CAPON: a protein associated with neuronal nitric oxide synthase that regulates its interactions with PSD95. Neuron. 1998;20:115-24 pubmed..Here, we report the identification of a novel nNOS-associated protein, CAPON, which is highly enriched in brain and has numerous colocalizations with nNOS...
- Marjamaa A, Newton Cheh C, Porthan K, Reunanen A, Lahermo P, VÃ¤Ã¤nÃ¤nen H, et al. Common candidate gene variants are associated with QT interval duration in the general population. J Intern Med. 2009;265:448-58 pubmed publisher..In addition, we robustly confirm the previous findings that three independent KCNH2 and NOSA1P variants are associated with adjusted QT interval. ..
- Valeri M, Dias G, Pereira V, Campos Silva Kuhn G, Svartman M. An eutherian intronic sequence gave rise to a major satellite DNA in Platyrrhini. Biol Lett. 2018;14: pubmed publisher..This is the first report to our knowledge of a single copy intronic sequence giving origin to a satDNA that reaches up to 100 000 copies in some genomes. ..
- Altamirano F, Perez C, Liu M, Widrick J, Barton E, Allen P, et al. Whole body periodic acceleration is an effective therapy to ameliorate muscular dystrophy in mdx mice. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e106590 pubmed publisher..pGz increased muscle force generation and expression of both utrophin and the carboxy-terminal PDZ ligand of nNOS (CAPON)...
- Svane K, Asis E, Omelchenko A, Kunnath A, Brzustowicz L, Silverstein S, et al. d-Serine administration affects nitric oxide synthase 1 adaptor protein and DISC1 expression in sex-specific manner. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2018;89:20-32 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that d-serine influences the function and expression of NOS1AP, D2 receptor, and DISC1 in a sex-specific manner and reverses the effects of NOS1AP overexpression on dendrite morphology. ..
- Corponi F, Fabbri C, Boriani G, Diemberger I, Albani D, Forloni G, et al. Corrected QT Interval Prolongation in Psychopharmacological Treatment and Its Modulation by Genetic Variation. Neuropsychobiology. 2019;77:67-72 pubmed publisher..Despite the limited power of this study, our results suggest that ABCB1, NOS1AP, and KCNH2 may play a role in QTc duration/prolongation during treatment with psychotropic drugs. ..
- Carlson G, Lin R, Chen Y, Brookshire B, White R, Lucki I, et al. Dexras1 a unique ras-GTPase interacts with NMDA receptor activity and provides a novel dissociation between anxiety, working memory and sensory gating. Neuroscience. 2016;322:408-15 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, data suggest that modulating Dexras1 activity has contrasting effects on emotional, sensory and cognitive domains. ..
- Qin W, Zhang R, Hu C, Wang C, Lu J, Yu W, et al. A variation in NOS1AP gene is associated with repaglinide efficacy on insulin resistance in type 2 diabetes of Chinese. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2010;31:450-4 pubmed publisher..013). A common variant in rs10494366 is associated with repaglinide monotherapy efficacy on insulin resistance in newly diagnosed Shanghai Chinese type 2 diabetes patients. ..
- Lu C, Hao G, Nikiforova N, Larsen H, Liu K, Crabtree M, et al. CAPON modulates neuronal calcium handling and cardiac sympathetic neurotransmission during dysautonomia in hypertension. Hypertension. 2015;65:1288-1297 pubmed publisherGenome-wide association studies implicate a variant in the neuronal nitric oxide synthase adaptor protein (CAPON) in electrocardiographic QT variation and sudden cardiac death...
- Verweij N, Mateo Leach I, Isaacs A, Arking D, Bis J, Pers T, et al. Twenty-eight genetic loci associated with ST-T-wave amplitudes of the electrocardiogram. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:2093-2103 pubmed..These associations may provide insights in the spatiotemporal contribution of genetic variation influencing cardiac repolarization and provide novel leads for future functional follow-up. ..
- Muszyński S, Kwiecień M, Tomaszewska E, Świetlicka I, Dobrowolski P, Kasperek K, et al. Effect of caponization on performance and quality characteristics of long bones in Polbar chickens. Poult Sci. 2017;96:491-500 pubmed publisher..That suggests a higher risk of permanent deformation as capon bones become less elastic...
- Porthan K, Marjamaa A, Viitasalo M, Vaananen H, Jula A, Toivonen L, et al. Relationship of common candidate gene variants to electrocardiographic T-wave peak to T-wave end interval and T-wave morphology parameters. Heart Rhythm. 2010;7:898-903 pubmed publisher..The previously observed prognostic value of T-wave morphology parameters likely is not based on these SNPs. ..
- Spellmann I, Reinhard M, Veverka D, Zill P, Obermeier M, Dehning S, et al. QTc prolongation in short-term treatment of schizophrenia patients: effects of different antipsychotics and genetic factors. Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2018;268:383-390 pubmed publisher..Further association studies are needed to confirm our findings. With a better understanding of these interactions the cardiovascular risk of patients may be decreased. ..
- Kao W, Arking D, Post W, Rea T, Sotoodehnia N, Prineas R, et al. Genetic variations in nitric oxide synthase 1 adaptor protein are associated with sudden cardiac death in US white community-based populations. Circulation. 2009;119:940-51 pubmed publisher..In a combined analysis of 2 population-based prospective cohort studies, sequence variations in NOS1AP were associated with baseline QT interval and the risk of SCD in white US adults. ..
- Earle N, Poppe K, Pilbrow A, Cameron V, Troughton R, Skinner J, et al. Genetic markers of repolarization and arrhythmic events after acute coronary syndromes. Am Heart J. 2015;169:579-86.e3 pubmed publisher..Three SNPs were associated with SCD/CA. Repolarization time was associated with variation in the NOS1AP gene. This study demonstrates a possible role for SNPs in risk stratification for arrhythmic events after ACS. ..
- Husted J, Ahmed R, Chow E, Brzustowicz L, Bassett A. Childhood trauma and genetic factors in familial schizophrenia associated with the NOS1AP gene. Schizophr Res. 2010;121:187-92 pubmed publisher..91, respectively). The results suggest that childhood trauma is associated with expression of schizophrenia independent of measured genetic susceptibility and may be a candidate for gene-environment research using genetic variants. ..
- Jing H, Wang H, Liu Z, Shen X. DOA Estimation for Underwater Target by Active Detection on Virtual Time Reversal Using a Uniform Linear Array. Sensors (Basel). 2018;18: pubmed publisher..DOA) estimation for underwater targets, a method based on the active detection on virtual time reversal (ADVTR) Capon algorithm is proposed...
- Smith J, Avery C, Evans D, Nalls M, Meng Y, Smith E, et al. Impact of ancestry and common genetic variants on QT interval in African Americans. Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2012;5:647-55 pubmed publisher..In addition, our genome-wide association study extends the association of polymorphisms at several loci associated with repolarization in individuals of European ancestry to include individuals of African ancestry. ..
- Kapoor A, Sekar R, Hansen N, Fox Talbot K, Morley M, Pihur V, et al. An enhancer polymorphism at the cardiomyocyte intercalated disc protein NOS1AP locus is a major regulator of the QT interval. Am J Hum Genet. 2014;94:854-69 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that focused studies of proteins within the cardiomyocyte ID are likely to provide insights into QT prolongation and its associated disorders. ..
- Amorim A, Rodrigues S, Pereira E, Teixeira A. Physicochemical composition and sensory quality evaluation of capon and rooster meat. Poult Sci. 2016;95:1211-9 pubmed publisher..study was to evaluate the effect of caponization on the physicochemical and sensory characteristics of rooster and capon meat (2 Portuguese autochthonous chicken breeds of roosters:Amarela and PedrÃªs), raised under the same ..
- Hitzemann R, Edmunds S, Wu W, Malmanger B, Walter N, Belknap J, et al. Detection of reciprocal quantitative trait loci for acute ethanol withdrawal and ethanol consumption in heterogeneous stock mice. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2009;203:713-22 pubmed publisher..The QTL data point to the potential involvement of NO signaling and/or the unfolded protein response. ..
- Allegue C, Coll M, Mates J, Campuzano O, Iglesias A, Sobrino B, et al. Genetic Analysis of Arrhythmogenic Diseases in the Era of NGS: The Complexity of Clinical Decision-Making in Brugada Syndrome. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0133037 pubmed publisher..In the era of personalized medicine using high-throughput tools, clinical decision-making is increasingly complex. ..
- Waddell Smith K, Skinner J. Update on the Diagnosis and Management of Familial Long QT Syndrome. Heart Lung Circ. 2016;25:769-76 pubmed publisher..Indications for ICD therapies have been refined; and a primary indication for ICD in post-pubertal females with long QT type 2 and a very long QT interval is emerging. ..
- Lawford B, Morris C, Swagell C, Hughes I, Young R, Voisey J. NOS1AP is associated with increased severity of PTSD and depression in untreated combat veterans. J Affect Disord. 2013;147:87-93 pubmed publisher..Our data also suggest that a genetic variant in NOS1AP may increase the susceptibility to severe depression in patients with PTSD and increased risk for suicide. ..
- Andreasen C, Mogensen M, Borch Johnsen K, Sandbaek A, Lauritzen T, Almind K, et al. Lack of association between PKLR rs3020781 and NOS1AP rs7538490 and type 2 diabetes, overweight, obesity and related metabolic phenotypes in a Danish large-scale study: case-control studies and analyses of quantitative traits. BMC Med Genet. 2008;9:118 pubmed publisher..encoding the liver pyruvate kinase and NOS1AP encoding the nitric oxide synthase 1 (neuronal) adaptor protein (CAPON) are positioned within this chromosomal region and are thus positional candidates for the observed linkage peak...
- Nolte I, Wallace C, Newhouse S, Waggott D, Fu J, Soranzo N, et al. Common genetic variation near the phospholamban gene is associated with cardiac repolarisation: meta-analysis of three genome-wide association studies. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6138 pubmed publisher..These data offer further mechanistic insights into genetic influence on the QT interval which may predispose to life threatening arrhythmias and sudden cardiac death. ..
- Sano M, Kamitsuji S, Kamatani N, Hong K, Han B, Kim Y, et al. Genome-wide association study of electrocardiographic parameters identifies a new association for PR interval and confirms previously reported associations. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:6668-76 pubmed publisher..Our findings support a functional role of sodium-calcium exchanger in human atrial and atrioventricular nodal conduction as suggested by genetically modified mouse models. ..
- Wang Z, Zhao J, Sun J, Nie S, Li K, Gao F, et al. Sex-dichotomous effects of NOS1AP promoter DNA methylation on intracranial aneurysm and brain arteriovenous malformation. Neurosci Lett. 2016;621:47-53 pubmed publisher..Our results also confirmed that regular tobacco smoking was associated with increased NOS1AP methylation in humans. Additional studies with larger sample sizes are required to replicate and extend these findings. ..
- Wang J, Jin L, Zhu Y, Zhou X, Yu R, Gao S. Research progress in NOS1AP in neurological and psychiatric diseases. Brain Res Bull. 2016;125:99-105 pubmed publisherNitric Oxide Synthase 1 Adaptor Protein (NOS1AP, previously named CAPON) was firstly identified in rat brain in 1998...
- Sundar I, Yin Q, Baier B, Yan L, Mazur W, Li D, et al. DNA methylation profiling in peripheral lung tissues of smokers and patients with COPD. Clin Epigenetics. 2017;9:38 pubmed publisher..Future studies are required to correlate DNA methylation status with transcriptomics of selective genes identified in this study and elucidate their role and involvement in the progression of COPD and its exacerbations. ..
- Westaway S, Reinier K, Huertas Vazquez A, Evanado A, Teodorescu C, Navarro J, et al. Common variants in CASQ2, GPD1L, and NOS1AP are significantly associated with risk of sudden death in patients with coronary artery disease. Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2011;4:397-402 pubmed publisher..These findings provide further evidence for overlap between the genetic architecture of rare and common forms of SCD, and replication in additional populations is warranted. ..
- Izadi S, Mahloojifar A, Asl B. Weighted Capon beamformer combined with coded excitation in ultrasound imaging. J Med Ultrason (2001). 2015;42:477-88 pubmed publisherb>Capon-based beamformers are well-known methods to improve the SNR and quality of medical ultrasound images. Furthermore, they can improve the resolution of the images unexpectedly more than conventional DAS beamformers...
- Li D, Paterson D. Cyclic nucleotide regulation of cardiac sympatho-vagal responsiveness. J Physiol. 2016;594:3993-4008 pubmed publisher..In this review, we illustrate the action of nitric oxide-CAPON signalling and brain natriuretic peptide on cGMP and cAMP regulation of cardiac sympatho-vagal transmission in ..
- Sugiyama K, Sasano T, Kurokawa J, Takahashi K, Okamura T, Kato N, et al. Oxidative Stress Induced Ventricular Arrhythmia and Impairment of Cardiac Function in Nos1ap Deleted Mice. Int Heart J. 2016;57:341-9 pubmed publisher..Although Nos1ap(-/-) mice have apparently normal hearts, oxidative stress evokes ventricular tachyarrhythmia and heart failure, which may cause sudden cardiac death. ..
- Shen Y, Liu H, Gu S, Wei Z, Liu H. The role of Capon in multiple myeloma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317713674 pubmed publisherb>Capon is a ligand protein of nitric oxide synthase 1. Recently, studies have shown that Capon is involved in the development of tumors. It is independent of the regulation of nitric oxide synthase 1 in this process...
- Fang C, Tang W, Tang R, Wang L, Zhou G, Huang K, et al. Family-based association studies of CAPON and schizophrenia in the Chinese Han population. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2008;32:1210-3 pubmed publisherAlthough there is evidence pointing to CAPON as a susceptible gene for schizophrenia, the results of independent association studies have so far been inconsistent. A recent case-control study by Zheng et al...
- Loganadan N, Huri H, Vethakkan S, Hussein Z. Genetic markers predicting sulphonylurea treatment outcomes in type 2 diabetes patients: current evidence and challenges for clinical implementation. Pharmacogenomics J. 2016;16:209-19 pubmed publisher..Future studies need to address these limitations to develop personalized sulphonylurea medicine for T2DM management. ..
- Gao S, Wang J, Zhang T, Liu G, Jin L, Ji D, et al. Low Expression of CAPON in Glioma Contributes to Cell Proliferation via the Akt Signaling Pathway. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmedb>CAPON is an adapter protein for nitric oxide synthase 1 (NOS1). CAPON has two isoforms in the human brain: CAPON-L (long form of CAPON) and CAPON-S (short form of CAPON)...
- van Noord C, Aarnoudse A, Eijgelsheim M, Sturkenboom M, Straus S, Hofman A, et al. Calcium channel blockers, NOS1AP, and heart-rate-corrected QT prolongation. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2009;19:260-6 pubmed publisher..3563). SNP rs10918594 showed similar results. In conclusion, we showed that the minor alleles of both NOS1AP SNPs significantly potentiate the QTc prolonging effect of verapamil. ..
- Zhu L, Tao T, Zhang D, Liu X, Ke K, Shen A. NOS1AP O-GlcNAc Modification Involved in Neuron Apoptosis Induced by Excitotoxicity. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:16560-75 pubmed publisher..All these results suggest that O-GlcNAc modification of NOS1AP exerts protective effects during glutamate-induced neuronal apoptosis. ..
- Rindal O, Aakhus S, Holm S, Austeng A. Hypothesis of Improved Visualization of Microstructures in the Interventricular Septum with Ultrasound and Adaptive Beamforming. Ultrasound Med Biol. 2017;43:2494-2499 pubmed publisherIn this work, in vivo ultrasound cardiac images created with Capon's minimum variance adaptive beamformer are compared with images acquired with the conventional delay-and-sum beamformer...
- Jamshidi Y, Nolte I, Dalageorgou C, Zheng D, Johnson T, Bastiaenen R, et al. Common variation in the NOS1AP gene is associated with drug-induced QT prolongation and ventricular arrhythmia. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012;60:841-50 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that common variations in the NOS1AP gene may have relevance for future pharmacogenomic applications in clinical practice permitting safer prescription of drugs for vulnerable patients. ..
- Mendez Giraldez R, Gogarten S, Below J, Yao J, Seyerle A, Highland H, et al. GWAS of the electrocardiographic QT interval in Hispanics/Latinos generalizes previously identified loci and identifies population-specific signals. Sci Rep. 2017;7:17075 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that whereas the same loci influence QT across populations, population-specific variation exists, motivating future trans-ethnic and ancestrally diverse QT GWAS. ..
- Osawa M, Kimura R, Hasegawa I, Mukasa N, Satoh F. SNP association and sequence analysis of the NOS1AP gene in SIDS. Leg Med (Tokyo). 2009;11 Suppl 1:S307-8 pubmed publisher..This postmortem association study showed variations in NOS1AP might be involved in occurrence of SIDS. ..
- Luciano M, Evans D, Hansell N, Medland S, Montgomery G, Martin N, et al. A genome-wide association study for reading and language abilities in two population cohorts. Genes Brain Behav. 2013;12:645-52 pubmed publisher..The results implicate novel candidates for study in additional cohorts for reading and language abilities...
- Lencz T, Lambert C, DeRosse P, Burdick K, Morgan T, Kane J, et al. Runs of homozygosity reveal highly penetrant recessive loci in schizophrenia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:19942-7 pubmed..Other risk ROHs feature haplotypes that are also common in healthy individuals, possibly indicating a source of balancing selection. ..
- Holm H, Gudbjartsson D, Arnar D, Thorleifsson G, Thorgeirsson G, Stefansdottir H, et al. Several common variants modulate heart rate, PR interval and QRS duration. Nat Genet. 2010;42:117-22 pubmed publisher..00032, respectively), between TBX5 and advanced atrioventricular block (P = 0.0067), and between SCN10A and pacemaker implantation (P = 0.0029). We also replicated previously described associations with the QT interval. ..
- Lu J, Hu C, Hu W, Zhang R, Wang C, Qin W, et al. A common variant of NOS1AP is associated with QT interval duration in a Chinese population with Type 2 diabetes. Diabet Med. 2010;27:1074-9 pubmed publisher..Future studies in different populations are needed to validate this finding and to evaluate the impact of NOS1AP variants on cardiovascular events and sudden cardiac death in diabetic patients. ..
- Weber H, Klamer D, Freudenberg F, Kittel Schneider S, Rivero O, Scholz C, et al. The genetic contribution of the NO system at the glutamatergic post-synapse to schizophrenia: further evidence and meta-analysis. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2014;24:65-85 pubmed publisher..The NOS1-NOS1AP PDZ interface may thus well constitute a novel target for small molecules in at least some forms of schizophrenia. ..
- Candemir E, Kollert L, WeiÃŸflog L, Geis M, MÃ¼ller A, Post A, et al. Interaction of NOS1AP with the NOS-I PDZ domain: Implications for schizophrenia-related alterations in dendritic morphology. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2016;26:741-55 pubmed publisher..neuronal nitric oxide (NO) synthase (NOS-I, also known as nNOS) and its adapter protein NOS1AP (previously named CAPON)...
- Huang J, Wang X, Hao B, Chen Y, Liu H, Quan L, et al. Genetic variants in KCNE1, KCNQ1, and NOS1AP in sudden unexplained death during daily activities in Chinese Han population. J Forensic Sci. 2015;60:351-6 pubmed publisher..Our study suggested that rs3751284 and rs348624 might be susceptibility loci for SUD during daily activities. Larger sample sizes and further molecular studies are needed to confirm or exclude an effect of the NOS1AP SNPs on SUD risk. ..
- Kim J, Hong K, Go M, Kim S, Tabara Y, Kita Y, et al. A common variant in SLC8A1 is associated with the duration of the electrocardiographic QT interval. Am J Hum Genet. 2012;91:180-4 pubmed publisher..500 has been reported in Asians (HapMap HCB [Han Chinese in Beijing, China] and JPT [Japanese in Tokyo, Japan] samples). This might explain why this locus has not been identified in Europeans in previous studies. ..
- Huang L, Yu Y, Chen Y, Tester D, Tang S, Ackerman M, et al. Association of common variants in NOS1AP gene with sudden unexplained nocturnal death syndrome in the southern Chinese Han population. Int J Legal Med. 2014;128:933-8 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of the association of common NOS1AP polymorphisms with SUNDS in the southern Chinese Han population. These findings suggest that the A allele of rs12567209 and haplotype GCTA may serve as a protective modifier. ..
- Margolis D, Hampton M, Hoffstad O, Mala D, Mirza Z, Woltereck D, et al. NOS1AP genetic variation is associated with impaired healing of diabetic foot ulcers and diminished response to healing of circulating stem/progenitor cells. Wound Repair Regen. 2017;25:733-736 pubmed publisher..We believe that further study of NOS1AP is merited and that it NOS1AP might be associated with a functional impairment...
- Lu S, Hu H, Yu X, Long J, Jing B, Zong Y, et al. Passive acoustic mapping of cavitation using eigenspace-based robust Capon beamformer in ultrasound therapy. Ultrason Sonochem. 2018;41:670-679 pubmed publisher..Recently, robust Capon beamformer (RCB) has been used in PAM to provide improved resolution and reduced artifacts over TEA-based PAM, but ..
- Brzustowicz L. NOS1AP in schizophrenia. Curr Psychiatry Rep. 2008;10:158-63 pubmed..In this review, I present the evidence supporting NOS1AP as a schizophrenia susceptibility gene, with a focus on explaining the strengths and weaknesses of the evidence obtained from each type of study that has been conducted. ..
- Shah S, Herrington D, Howard T, Divers J, Arnett D, Burke G, et al. Associations between NOS1AP single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and QT interval duration in four racial/ethnic groups in the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA). Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol. 2013;18:29-40 pubmed publisher..Genotyping within these regions may determine functional variants affecting QT and SCD risk. In addition, investigations are needed across ethnically diverse population cohorts. ..
- Cai S, Shi X, Zhu H. Direction-Of-Arrival Estimation and Tracking Based on a Sequential Implementation of C-SPICE with an Off-Grid Model. Sensors (Basel). 2017;17: pubmed publisher..A sequential DoA estimation method is proposed by extending the capon and sparse iterative covariance-based estimation (C-SPICE) method, which is an iterative off-grid method for ..
- Ort T, Maksimova E, Dirkx R, Kachinsky A, Berghs S, Froehner S, et al. The receptor tyrosine phosphatase-like protein ICA512 binds the PDZ domains of beta2-syntrophin and nNOS in pancreatic beta-cells. Eur J Cell Biol. 2000;79:621-30 pubmed..Thus, we propose that ICA512, through beta2-syntrophin and nNOS, links secretory granules with the actin cytoskeleton and signaling pathways involving nitric oxide...
- Marroni F, Pfeufer A, Aulchenko Y, Franklin C, Isaacs A, Pichler I, et al. A genome-wide association scan of RR and QT interval duration in 3 European genetically isolated populations: the EUROSPAN project. Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2009;2:322-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested an association between the RR interval and GPR133 and confirmed an association between the QT interval and NOS1AP. ..
- Chambers J, Zhao J, Terracciano C, Bezzina C, Zhang W, Kaba R, et al. Genetic variation in SCN10A influences cardiac conduction. Nat Genet. 2010;42:149-52 pubmed publisher..05) and a lower risk of ventricular fibrillation (P = 0.01). Our findings provide new insight into the pathogenesis of cardiac conduction, heart block and ventricular fibrillation. ..
- Kaczmarczyk M, Biernawska J, Zukowski M, Kotfis K, Zegan Barańska M, Binczak Kuleta A, et al. Association of rs10918594 polymorphisms of nitric oxide synthase 1 adaptor protein (NOS1AP) with QTc interval prolongation during kidney transplantation. Transplant Proc. 2011;43:2964-6 pubmed publisher..The NOS1AP rs203462 polymorphisms did not correlate with an increased risk of QT interval prolongation among kidney recipients. ..
- Lu S, Shi A, Jing B, Du X, Wan M. Real-time monitoring of controllable cavitation erosion in a vessel phantom with passive acoustic mapping. Ultrason Sonochem. 2017;39:291-300 pubmed publisher..In this study, a unique PAM method that combined the robust Capon beamformer (RCB) with the sign coherence factor (SCF) was proposed to monitor the superficial vessel erosion in ..
- Zhang R, Chen F, Yu H, Gao L, Yin X, Dong Y, et al. The genetic variation rs12143842 in NOS1AP increases idiopathic ventricular tachycardia risk in Chinese Han populations. Sci Rep. 2017;7:8356 pubmed publisher..001) and additive (P = 0.001) models. The minor T allele for the SNP rs12143842 in NOS1AP is significantly associated with IVT. NOS1AP might be a novel gene affecting IVT, and further functional studies should be performed. ..
- Aberg K, Adkins D, Liu Y, McClay J, Bukszar J, Jia P, et al. Genome-wide association study of antipsychotic-induced QTc interval prolongation. Pharmacogenomics J. 2012;12:165-72 pubmed publisher..However, some genes may also be unique for drug-induced prolongation. This study demonstrates the potential of GWAS to discover genes and pathways that mediate antipsychotic-induced QT prolongation. ..
- Saba S, Mehdi H, Shah H, Islam Z, Aoun E, Termanini S, et al. Cardiac levels of NOS1AP RNA from right ventricular tissue recovered during lead extraction. Heart Rhythm. 2012;9:399-404 pubmed publisher..Decreased NOS1AP expression in rs10494366 TT and rs10918594 CC homozygotes may underlie shorter repolarization times. ..