Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CAP1
Description: CAP, adenylate cyclase-associated protein 1 (yeast)
Alias: CAP, CAP1-PEN, CAP 1, adenylyl cyclase-associated protein 1
Publications192 found, 100 shown here
- Tissue reaction to an implantable identification device in miceG N Rao
Division of Toxicology Research and Testing, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709
Toxicol Pathol 18:412-6. 1990..Neoplastic changes were not observed in the tissue around the glass-sealed devices with polypropylene cap for up to 24 months.
- Lack of efficacy of topical capsaicin in serotonin-induced itchE Weisshaar
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany
Skin Pharmacol Appl Skin Physiol 13:1-8. 2000Capsaicin (CAP) has been demonstrated to be an effective topical inhibitor of cutaneous vasodilatation, pain and pruritus induced by a variety of chemical and physical stimuli...
- Interaction of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4G with the nuclear cap-binding complex provides a link between nuclear and cytoplasmic functions of the m(7) guanosine capL McKendrick
Department of Biochemistry, School of Biological Sciences, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton BN1 9QG, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 21:3632-41. 2001In eukaryotes the majority of mRNAs have an m(7)G cap that is added cotranscriptionally and that plays an important role in many aspects of mRNA metabolism...
- Arterial blood gas and pulse oximetry in initial management of patients with community-acquired pneumoniaK P Levin
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 16:590-8. 2001..blood gas (ABG) and pulse oximetry (PO) in the initial management of patients with community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) and arterial hypoxemia at presentation...
- Translational thermotolerance provided by small heat shock proteins is limited to cap-dependent initiation and inhibited by 2-aminopurineLinda Doerwald
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Nijmegen, 6500HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 278:49743-50. 2003..Here we investigate the effect of overexpressing a single heat shock protein on cap-dependent and cap-independent initiation of translation during recovery from a heat shock...
- The clinical significance of the spectrum of interactions of CAP+1 (A-->C), a silent beta-globin gene mutation, with other beta-thalassemia mutations and globin gene modifiers in north IndiansGurjeewan Garewal
Department of Haematology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Eur J Haematol 79:417-21. 2007To assess the clinical significance of the interactions of CAP+1 (A-->C), a silent beta-globin gene mutation, with other beta-thalassemia mutations and globin gene modifiers in north Indians.
- Adenylyl cyclase-associated protein-1/CAP1 as a biological target substrate of gelatinase B/MMP-9Bénédicte Cauwe
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Rega Institute for Medical Research, University of Leuven, Minderbroedersstraat 10, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Exp Cell Res 314:2739-49. 2008..Adenylyl cyclase-associated protein-1 or CAP1 was identified as a novel and most efficient substrate of gelatinase B/MMP-9...
- Adenylate cyclase-associated protein 1 overexpressed in pancreatic cancers is involved in cancer cell motilityKen Yamazaki
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Keio University, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
Lab Invest 89:425-32. 2009..As a result of profiling, the adenylate cyclase-associated protein 1 (CAP1) gene was shown to be overexpressed in all of the xenografts...
- A systematic overview of chemotherapy effects in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukaemiaE Kimby
Department of Haematology, University Hospital, Huddinge, Sweden
Acta Oncol 40:224-30. 2001..randomised multicentre trials a benefit from fludarabine as primary therapy compared with polychemotherapy (CHOP or CAP) has been observed in terms of tolerance and treatment response but not yet in survival...
- Clinical presentation, processes and outcomes of care for patients with pneumococcal pneumoniaJ A Brandenburg
School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 15:638-46. 2000..PARTICIPANTS: Inpatients and outpatients with community-acquired pneumonia (CAP)...
- Defects in mRNA 3'-end formation, transcription initiation, and mRNA transport associated with the yeast mutation prp20: possible coupling of mRNA processing and chromatin structureW Forrester
Department of Biochemistry, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, Madison, Wisconsin 53706
Genes Dev 6:1914-26. 1992..Transcription initiation also is disrupted, in that initiation sites upstream of the normal cap site are used...
- Cloning and expression of a cDNA copy of the viral K28 killer toxin gene in yeastM J Schmitt
, , Germany
Mol Gen Genet 246:236-46. 1995..replication, M28-VLPs depend on a second dsRNA virus (LA), which has been shown to encode the major capsid protein (cap) and a capsid-polymerase fusion protein (cap-pol) that provides the toxin-coding M-satellites with their ..
- RNA polymerase I-promoted HIS4 expression yields uncapped, polyadenylated mRNA that is unstable and inefficiently translated in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeH J Lo
Department of Biology, Indiana University, Bloomington 47405, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:665-75. 1998..This finding indicated that rhis4 mRNAs are rapidly degraded, presumably due to the lack of a cap structure at the 5' end of the mRNA...
- Hospitalized pneumonia. Outcomes, treatment patterns, and costs in urban and rural areasJ R Lave
Department of Health Services Administration, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 11:415-21. 1996..treatment patterns, costs, and outcomes of patients hospitalized with community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) in Pennsylvania hospitals and compare these patients from rural and urban counties...
- Cap-dependent and cap-independent translation by internal initiation of mRNAs in cell extracts prepared from Saccharomyces cerevisiaeN Iizuka
Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Genetics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262
Mol Cell Biol 14:7322-30. 1994..The translation of mRNA molecules in these extracts were cooperatively enhanced by the presence of 5'-terminal cap structures and 3'-terminal poly(A) sequences...
- Role of sodium in the pathophysiology of secondary spinal cord injuryM G Fehlings
Spinal Cord Injury Neurophysiology Laboratory, Playfair Neuroscience Unit, Toronto Hospital Research Institute, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:2187-91. 1995..exchange blocker amiloride, the Na+ channel blocker procaine, and the Na(+)-Ca++ exchanger blocker benzamil on CAP recovery after compressive injury were assessed. RESULTS...
- [Leukocytes and arteriosclerosis]L Capron
, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 84:1845-50. 1991..thirds of the cells in the center of the lesion (lipid core), and a quarter of the cells in its periphery (fibrous cap); 2. T lymphocytes comprise 10 to 15% of the plaque cells...
- [Community-acquired pneumonia requiring inpatient treatment: outcome and prognostic rule]S Ewig
Pneumologie 50:712-7. 1996OBJECTIVE: Mortality in community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) may be reduced by early identification of patients requiring intensive care treatment...
- [Direct cardiac effects of angiotensins I and II and 2 converting enzyme inhibitors (captopril and perindopril). Indirect demonstration of a converting enzyme in the rat heart]H Diebold
Centre de cardiologie, CHU de Dijon
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 81:29-32. 1988..This reduction was 2.06 +/- 1.8 for the control, 1.96 +/- 1.27 when captopril (CAP) (10(-5) M) was added to the perfusion liquid and 1 +/- 0.42 when perindopril (PER) (1...
- Congenitally deaf children following cochlear implantationT Nikolopoulos
Department of Otolaryngology, University Hospital, Queen's Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 52:111-4. 1998..9 months). Auditory performance is assessed by using the Categories of Auditory Perception (CAP) scale which is developed primarily as a clinical tool for evaluating profoundly deaf young children following ..
- [Different threshold concentrations for sensitization by cattle hair allergen Bos d 2 in atopic and non-atopic farmers]S Hinze
Allergie-und Asthma-Klinik Wilhelm Gronemeyer, Bad Lippspringe
Pneumologie 50:177-81. 1996..Additionally, samples of venous blood were taken to demonstrate specific IgE towards cow epithelia by CAP-RAST...
- Q fever community-acquired pneumonia in a patient with Crohn's disease on immunosuppressive therapySara Nausheen
Infectious Disease Division, Winthrop University Hospital, Mineola, NY 11501, USA
Heart Lung 36:300-3. 2007Community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) may be caused by typical or atypical pathogens...
- A critical analysis of Swanson ulnar head replacement arthroplasty: rheumatoid versus nonrheumatoidR Y McMurtry
Sunnybrook Medical Centre, University of Toronto, Canada
J Hand Surg Am 15:224-31. 1990..Bone resorption about the implant predisposed the cap to both side-to-side tilt and pistoning of the prosthesis on supination and pronation...
- The influence of bladder volume on the position and mobility of the urethrovesical junctionH P Dietz
Dunedin School of Medicine, University of Otago, New Zealand
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 10:3-6. 1999..6 +/- 0.4 cm, max. cap. 2.5 +/- 0.4 cm; P = 0.003) and it descended further with the Valsalva maneuver (50 ml: 1.9 +/- 1.2 cm, max. cap. 1...
- [Probe types of Norwalk-like viruses genome detected by RT-PCR with seven primer pairs in Yamanashi Prefecture]T Yamagami
Yamanashi Institute for Public Health
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 74:567-72. 2000..The primer pair G2R1/F1 that amplifies the capsid (CAP) region of NLVs genes can detect all NLVs genes of the Genogroup2...
- Transposon tagging and the study of root development in ArabidopsisR Tsugeki
Biotechnology Institute, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, USA
Gravit Space Biol Bull 11:79-87. 1998..We have identified and are analyzing two plant lines in which genes expressed either in the root cap cells or in the quiescent cells, cortex/endodermal initial cells and columella cells of the root cap have been ..
- Evaluation of EEG cyclic alternating pattern during sleep in insomniacs and controls under placebo and acute treatment with zolpidemM G Terzano
Department of Neurology, University of Parma, Italy
Sleep 15:64-70. 1992..However, no relevant differences emerged from the other traditional polysomnographic variables. Conversely, CAP rate (CAP time x 100/NREM sleep time) showed highly sensitive and consistent modifications...
- Genetic analysis of maintenance and expression of L and M double-stranded RNAs from yeast killer virus K28M J Schmitt
, , Germany
Yeast 8:373-84. 1992..acts at the level of dsRNA replication, presumably reflecting competition for the L-A-H encoded capsid and cap-pol fusion protein, rather than reflecting incompatibility of toxin or immunity expression...
- Mycoplasma pneumoniae community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) in the elderly: Diagnostic significance of acute thrombocytosisBurke A Cunha
Winthrop University Hospital, Mineola, New York, USA
Heart Lung 38:444-9. 2009The most common cause of nonzoonotic atypical community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) is Mycoplasma pneumoniae. M. pneumoniae CAP is most common in young adults but may occur at any age. Like other atypical CAPs, M...
- [Influence of cytotoxic chemotherapy on superoxide production by neutrophils in cancer patients]M Yoshida
Department of Urology, Tokyo Metropolitan Toshima General Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 67:30-5. 1993..in time sequence in 9 cancer patients; 6 patients with transitional cell carcinoma of urothelium treated with CAP, the combination of cyclophosphamide, adriamycin and cisplatin, and the other 3 with testicular tumor treated with ..
- Fluorescence studies on association of human translation initiation factor eIF4E with mRNA cap-analoguesZ Wieczorek
Department of Physics and Biophysics, University of Agriculture and Technology, Olsztyn, Poland
Z Naturforsch C 54:278-84. 1999Binding of a long series of mono- and dinucleotide analogues of the 7-methylguanosine containing 5'-mRNA-cap to human protein translation initiation factor eIF4E has been investigated by means of fluorescence...
- Phase II trial with alternating two drug schedules, CAP/MEC', for advanced (stage III Mo/M1) non-small-cell lung cancerD Tummarello
Tumori 75:486-8. 1989..The combinations were cisplatin, adriamycin and cyclophosphamide (CAP) and methotrexate, etoposide and CCNU (MEC')...
- Calcium channels mediate phase shifts of the Bulla circadian pacemakerS B Khalsa
Department of Biology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22901
J Comp Physiol A 164:195-206. 1988..The light-induced CAP activity of the putative pacemaker cells was not inhibited by Ni2+, suggesting that its blocking action was ..
- Turnover mechanisms of the stable yeast PGK1 mRNAD Muhlrad
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721
Mol Cell Biol 15:2145-56. 1995..In xrn1 delta cells, PGK1 transcripts lacking the 5' cap structure and a few nucleotides at the 5' end were detected after deadenylation...
- Validation of the pneumonia severity index. Importance of study-specific recalibrationW D Flanders
Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health of Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Gen Intern Med 14:333-40. 1999..and calibration of the pneumonia severity-of-illness index (PSI) in patients with community-acquired pneumonia (CAP). PATIENTS: Randomly selected patients (n = 1,024) admitted with CAP to 22 community hospitals...
- Mutations in translation initiation factors lead to increased rates of deadenylation and decapping of mRNAs in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeD C Schwartz
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
Mol Cell Biol 19:5247-56. 1999..Since the cap structure plays a critical role in the assembly of translation initiation factors, we hypothesized that the status ..
- Specific and total IgE in patients with recurrent, acute urticaria caused by Anisakis simplexM J Perteguer
, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 94:259-68. 2000..Skin-prick tests were carried out with A. simplex extract, and blue- and white-fish extracts. The CAP system (Pharmacia), a commercial test kit developed for the assay of food-specific IgE, was used to monitor serum ..
- Severe Q fever community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) mimicking Legionnaires' disease: Clinical significance of cold agglutinins, anti-smooth muscle antibodies and thrombocytosisBurke A Cunha
Infectious Disease Division, Winthrop University Hospital, Mineola, New York 11501, USA
Heart Lung 38:354-62. 2009Atypical community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) may be caused by zoonotic or nonpulmonary pathogens...
- [Safety aspects of bronchoalveolar lavage in risk patients in childhood--continuous end-expiratory pCO2 monitoring]P Ahrens
Zentrum der Kinderheilkunde, , Frankfurt/Main
Pneumologie 52:157-60. 1998..68 +/- 10.7 mmHg to 50.1 +/- 10.47 mmHg. Correlation of ET PCO2 compared to cap PCO2 was good (r = 0.89). One patient showed desaturation up to 72% another patient hypercapnia up to 77 mmHg...
- Prevalence and clinical relevance of specific immunoglobulin E to pollen caused by sting- induced specific immunoglobulin E to cross-reacting carbohydrate determinants in Hymenoptera venomsA M Kochuyt
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Clin Exp Allergy 35:441-7. 2005..sIgE to such cross-reacting CD (CCD) are believed to have little or no biological activity and thus may cause misdiagnosis of pollen sensitization after a sting...
- The circadian rhythm and photosensitivity of small impulses of the Bulla eyeM E Geusz
Department of Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37235
J Comp Physiol A 166:795-801. 1990..Typically, the small-spike frequency is at a minimum within an hour of the peak in CAP frequency and is maximal during the subjective night...
- Fate and residues of 14C-chloramphenicol in laying chickensM H Akhtar
Centre for Food and Animal Research, Research Branch, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Environ Sci Health B 31:1061-84. 1996Studies were conducted to determine the metabolic fate of chloramphenicol (CAP) in White Leghorn using the 14C-labelled compound...
- Sequence of the M28 dsRNA: preprotoxin is processed to an alpha/beta heterodimeric protein toxinM J Schmitt
, , Germany
Virology 213:341-51. 1995..This 3'-sequence contains two potential stem-loop structures predicted to bind the L-A encoded cap-pol protein, initiating encapsidation; high-level expression results in curing of M1 dsRNA...
- [Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis (ABPA)]G Menz
Abteilung Pneumologie II, Hochgebirgsklinik Davos Wolfgang/Schweiz
Pneumologie 54:375-84. 2000..A panel of recombinant allergens is now available for routine assay in CAP-System.
- Conventional perimetry, short-wavelength automated perimetry, frequency-doubling technology, and visual evoked potentials in the assessment of patients with multiple sclerosisG Corallo
Eye Clinic, Dept of Neurosciences, Ophthalmology and Genetics, University of Genova, Genova, Italy
Eur J Ophthalmol 15:730-8. 2005To evaluate the diagnostic power of conventional, achromatic, automated perimetry (CAP), short-wavelength automated perimetry (SWAP), frequency-doubling technology (FDT) perimetry, and visual evoked potentials (VEP) in a group of ..
- Feminism and regulation collide: the Food and Drug Administration's approval of the cervical capD M Gallagher
Division of Population and Family Health, Los Angeles 90024 1772
Women Health 15:87-97. 1989In May 1988, the Prentif Cavity Rim cervical cap, a barrier method of contraception, was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for contraceptive purposes in the United States...
- An opsin-based photopigment mediates phase shifts of the Bulla circadian pacemakerM E Geusz
Department of Biology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22901
J Comp Physiol A 168:565-70. 1991..Bulla gouldiana was examined in two ways: by using the latency of the first light-evoked compound action potential (CAP) as an acute photoresponse of the putative pacemaker cells of the eye, the basal retinal neurons (BRNs), and by ..
- The enigmatic perineurial cell and its participation in tumors and in tumorlike entitiesR A Erlandson
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021
Ultrastruct Pathol 15:335-51. 1991..immunohistochemical, and experimental evidence supporting origin from the fibroblast, Schwann cell, and arachnoid cap cell...
- Changes in androgen receptor nongenotropic signaling correlate with transition of LNCaP cells to androgen independenceEmmanual Unni
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine and VA Medical Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Cancer Res 64:7156-68. 2004A cure for prostate cancer (CaP) will be possible only after a complete understanding of the mechanisms causing this disease to progress from androgen dependence to androgen independence...
- Bold endeavors: behavioral lessons from polar and space explorationJ W Stuster
Anacapa Sciences, Inc, Santa Barbara, CA, USA
Gravit Space Biol Bull 13:49-57. 2000..perspective, the differences are few between confinement in a small wooden ship locked in the polar ice cap and confinement in a small high-technology ship hurtling through interplanetary space...
- Costal osteochondroma. A rare cause of spinal cord compressionW M Tang
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Hong Kong, Duchess of Kent Hospital, China
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:1900-3. 1998..The exact extent of the osteochondroma, particularly the cartilage cap, was delineated accurately by magnetic resonance imaging...
- Deadenylation of the unstable mRNA encoded by the yeast MFA2 gene leads to decapping followed by 5'-->3' digestion of the transcriptD Muhlrad
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721
Genes Dev 8:855-66. 1994..in yeast, the MFA2 transcript is deadenylated normally but persists as a full-length mRNA lacking the 5' cap structure...
- Characterization of the myelotoxicity of chloramphenicol succinate in the B6C3F1 mouseJohn A Turton
Centre for Toxicology, Department of Pharmacology, The School of Pharmacy, University of London, London, UK
Int J Exp Pathol 87:101-12. 2006Chloramphenicol (CAP) is haemotoxic in man, inducing two types of toxicity...
- Assessing medication adherence by pill count and electronic monitoring in the African American Study of Kidney Disease and Hypertension (AASK) Pilot StudyJ Y Lee
Biostatistics Unit, University of Alabama, Birmingham 35294-3300, USA
Am J Hypertens 9:719-25. 1996The Medication Event Monitoring System (MEMS), an electronic monitor which records the date and time of bottle cap openings, and pill counts were used to assess patterns of adherence for the primary antihypertensive drug in the African ..
- Silencing of the Escherichia coli bgl promoter: effects of template supercoiling and cell extracts on promoter activity in vitroK Schnetz
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 24:2422-8. 1996Regulation of the Escherichia coli bgl promoter involves the catabolite gene activator protein (CAP) and silencer elements that are located upstream and downstream of the promoter and its CAP binding site...
- Phase I/II combined chemoimmunotherapy with carcinoembryonic antigen-derived HLA-A2-restricted CAP-1 peptide and irinotecan, 5-fluorouracil, and leucovorin in patients with primary metastatic colorectal cancerMartin R Weihrauch
Center for Experimental Medicine, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:5993-6001. 2005....
- Amorphous compositions using concentration enhancing polymers for improved bioavailability of itraconazoleJames C Dinunzio
Division of Pharmaceutics, The University of Texas at Austin, 1 University Station A1920, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
Mol Pharm 5:968-80. 2008..compositions of itraconazole (ITZ) and potential concentration enhancing polymers, cellulose acetate phthalate (CAP) and polyvinyl acetate phthalate (PVAP), were produced by ultra-rapid freezing to investigate the effect of these ..
- Boundary cap cells constrain spinal motor neuron somal migration at motor exit points by a semaphorin-plexin mechanismRomke Bron
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, King s College London, Guy s Campus, London Bridge, London, SE1 1UL, UK
Neural Dev 2:21. 2007..disengagement came from our study of the behaviour of embryonic spinal motor neurons following ablation of boundary cap cells...
- The controversy of combination vs monotherapy in the treatment of hospitalized community-acquired pneumoniaKarl Weiss
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, University of Montreal, 5415 L Assomption, Montreal, QC, Canada H1T 2M4
Chest 128:940-6. 2005The majority of community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) patients (about 80%) will be treated as outpatients, because therapy with a single agent will work...
- Potential of garlic and its active constituent, S-allyl cysteine, as antihypertensive and cardioprotective in presence of captoprilS M Asdaq
Department of Phaarmacology, Krupanidhi College of Pharmacy, Varthur Hobli, Chikkabellandur Village, Carmalaram Post, Bangalore 560035, India
Phytomedicine 17:1016-26. 2010..o.) or SACS (0.111 and 0.222 mg/kg/day, p.o.) for the next 3 weeks in their respective groups. In CAP alone and interactive groups (GH+CAP; SACS+CAP), captopril 30 mg/kg was given during sixth week of 10% fructose in ..
- Relationship of slow and rapid EEG components of CAP to ASDA arousals in normal sleepL Parrino
, Parma, Italia
Sleep 24:881-5. 2001..b>CAP (cyclic alternating pattern) is the spontaneous EEG rhythm that ties both slow and rapid activating complexes ..
- The TbMTr1 spliced leader RNA cap 1 2'-O-ribose methyltransferase from Trypanosoma brucei acts with substrate specificityBidyottam Mittra
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Molecular Genetics, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 283:3161-72. 2008In metazoa cap 1 (m(7)GpppNmp-RNA) is linked to higher levels of translation; however, the enzyme responsible remains unidentified...
- Angiogenesis, p53, bcl-2 and Ki-67 in the progression of prostate cancer after radical prostatectomyJ W Moul
Urology Service, Department of Surgery, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Eur Urol 35:399-407. 1999Within the past 5 years, research has increasingly addressed molecular alterations in prostate cancer (CaP). Mutations of tumor suppressor gene p53 have been found in a variety of cancers, including urologic neoplasms...
- Mycobacterium marinum MMAR_2380, a predicted transmembrane acyltransferase, is essential for the presence of the mannose cap on lipoarabinomannanNicole N Driessen
Department of Medical Microbiology and Infection Control, VU University Medical Center, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Microbiology 156:3492-502. 2010..of the arabinan branches can become substituted with one to three α(1→2)-linked mannosyl residues, the mannose cap, producing ManLAM...
- The role of combination cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin and cisplatin (CAP) chemotherapy in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerR Rosell Costa
Section of Medical Oncology, Hospital de Badalona Germans Trias, Badalona, Spain
Tumori 73:345-9. 1987..III (T3 N2 M 0-1), were treated with cyclophosphamide (400 mg/m2), adriamycin (40 mg/m2) and cisplatin (60 mg/m2) (CAP) every 4 weeks for 8 cycles. Twenty-six patients were evaluable for response...
- Diagnostic and prognostic accuracy of clinical and laboratory parameters in community-acquired pneumoniaBeat Muller
Departments of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Petersgraben 4, CH 4031, Basel, Switzerland
BMC Infect Dis 7:10. 2007Community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) is the most frequent infection-related cause of death. The reference standard to diagnose CAP is a new infiltrate on chest radiograph in the presence of recently acquired respiratory signs and symptoms...
- Ribose 2'-O methylation of the vesicular stomatitis virus mRNA cap precedes and facilitates subsequent guanine-N-7 methylation by the large polymerase proteinAmal A Rahmeh
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Harvard Medical School, 200 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Virol 83:11043-50. 2009During conventional mRNA cap formation, two separate methyltransferases sequentially modify the cap structure, first at the guanine-N-7 (G-N-7) position and subsequently at the ribose 2'-O position...
- Fractionation and analysis of Artemisia capillaris Thunb. by affinity chromatography with human serum albumin as stationary phaseH Wang
National Chromatographic R and A Centre, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, The Chinese Academy of Sciences
J Chromatogr A 870:501-10. 2000..on their affinity to HSA, two of them were identified as scoparone (SCO, 6,7-dimethoxycoumarin) and capillarisin (CAP). CAP shows a much higher affinity to HSA than SCO...
- Function and regulation of endothelin-1 and its receptors in salt sensitive hypertension induced by sensory nerve degenerationDiana Z Ye
Department of Medicine, College of Human Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Hypertension 39:673-8. 2002..ABT-627 (Con+HS+ABT-627), control + high salt diet + A-192621 (Con+HS+A-192621), capsaicin + normal salt diet (Cap+NS), capsaicin + high salt diet (Cap+HS), capsaicin + high salt diet + ABT-627 (Cap+HS+ABT-627), capsaicin + high ..
- Congenital onychodysplasia of the index fingersT Miura
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, Nagoya University, Japan
J Hand Surg Am 15:793-7. 1990..Narrowing at the distal end of the affected distal phalanx (lack of the cresent-shaped cap), and a Y-shaped bony projection were characteristic features seen on x-ray films...
- [Experiments of contamination with bacteria while transfusion between the newly developed porous polymer plug and by air needle plug]I Suzuki
Mukai Microbiological Laboratory, Muaki Clinic
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 64:1157-61. 1990We newly developed a transfusion plug that has an air passage of polymer porous material (I Cap). This porous polymer material theoretical does not pass the infectious microorganisms...
- Indirect readout of DNA sequence at the primary-kink site in the CAP-DNA complex: recognition of pyrimidine-purine and purine-purine stepsAndrew A Napoli
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology and Waksman Institute Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
J Mol Biol 357:173-83. 2006The catabolite activator protein (CAP) bends DNA in the CAP-DNA complex, typically introducing a sharp DNA kink, with a roll angle of approximately 40 degrees and a twist angle of approximately 20 degrees, between positions 6 and 7 of ..
- A new central venous catheter cap: decreased microbial growth and risk for catheter-related bloodstream infectionA L Buchman
Division of Gastroenterology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
J Vasc Access 10:11-21. 2009..The source of many catheter-related infections is contamination of the catheter hub. Herein an antimicrobial catheter cap, the AB Cap is described.
- Community-acquired pneumonia on the intensive care unit: secondary analysis of 17,869 cases in the ICNARC Case Mix Programme DatabaseMark Woodhead
Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
Crit Care 10:S1. 2006This paper describes the case mix, outcome and activity for admissions to intensive care units (ICUs) with community-acquired pneumonia (CAP).
- Crystallisation properties in stone forming and normal subjects' urine diluted using a standardised procedure to match the composition of urine in the distal part of the distal tubule and the middle part of the collecting ductH G Tiselius
Department of Urology and Clinical Research Centre, Huddinge University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Urol Res 29:75-82. 2001..73 m2 body surface area, respectively. The nucleation was studied in DTd urine following supersaturation with CaP. The crystal size distribution was assessed with a Coulter counter both following supersaturation of DTd urine with ..
- Pharmacodynamic target attainment analysis against Streptococcus pneumoniae using levofloxacin 500 mg, 750 mg and 1000 mg once daily in plasma (P) and epithelial lining fluid (ELF) of hospitalized patients with community acquired pneumonia (CAP)Ayman M Noreddin
Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Man, Canada
Int J Antimicrob Agents 24:479-84. 2004..and pharmacodynamics of levofloxacin in patients with respiratory infections such as community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) are poorly documented...
- Effect of an oxytocin antagonist on prostaglandin F2 alpha secretion and the course of luteolysis in sowsG Kotwica
Department of Animal Physiology, University of Agriculture and Technology, Olsztyn Kortowo, Poland
Acta Vet Hung 47:249-62. 1999..F2 alpha (PGF2 alpha) secretion during luteolysis in gilts was studied using a highly specific OT antagonist (CAP-581)...
- Osteochondroma in laboratory rats: a report of 3 cases in a Fischer-344, a Sprague-Dawley, and a Wistar ratH Ernst
Fraunhofer Institute of Toxicology and Aerosol Research, Hannover, Germany
Toxicol Pathol 20:264-7. 1992..in all rats and consisted of a central core of trabecular bone, interspersed with fatty marrow and covered by a cap of hyaline cartilage...
- Nanostructured calcium phosphates for biomedical applications: novel synthesis and characterizationPrashant N Kumta
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Acta Biomater 1:65-83. 2005..This paper illustrates our approach to implement calcium phosphates as gene delivery agents. Calcium phosphates (CaP) belong to the family of biocompatible apatites and there are several CaP phases, the most ubiquitous being ..
- Mutational analysis of Encephalitozoon cuniculi mRNA cap (guanine-N7) methyltransferase, structure of the enzyme bound to sinefungin, and evidence that cap methyltransferase is the target of sinefungin's antifungal activitySushuang Zheng
Molecular Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, Weill College of Medicine of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 281:35904-13. 2006b>Cap (guanine-N7) methylation is an essential step in eukaryal mRNA synthesis and a potential target for antiviral, antifungal, and antiprotozoal drug discovery...
- The roles of light and the nucleus in the regulation of reproductive onset in Acetabularia acetabulumR F Kratz
Department of Botany, Box 355325, University of Washington and Center for Developmental Biology, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Planta 209:503-12. 1999..vertical elongation of the axis of the plant to lateral expansion of a disk-shaped reproductive structure, the "cap." We used amputation to synchronize cap initiation and to facilitate investigation of the light requirements during ..
- Structured RNA upstream of insect cap distal iron responsive elements enhances iron regulatory protein-mediated control of translationHelen Nichol
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721, USA
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 32:1699-710. 2002..blocks ribosomal assembly by binding to an iron responsive element (IRE) located proximal (<60 nts) to the mRNA cap, thereby repressing translation...
- Effect of biphasic calcium phosphates on drug release and biological and mechanical properties of poly(epsilon-caprolactone) composite membranesHae won Kim
School of Materials Science and Engineering, Seoul National University, 151 742, Korea
J Biomed Mater Res A 70:467-79. 2004Poly(epsilon-caprolactone) (PCL) and biphasic calcium phosphate (CaP) composite membranes were prepared for use in tissue regeneration by a novel solvent casting-pressing method...
- Cap-binding protein (eukaryotic initiation factor 4E) and 4E-inactivating protein BP-1 independently regulate cap-dependent translationD Feigenblum
Department of Biochemistry, New York University Medical School, New York 10016, USA
Mol Cell Biol 16:5450-7. 1996b>Cap-dependent protein synthesis in animal cells is inhibited by heat shock, serum deprivation, metaphase arrest, and infection with certain viruses such as adenovirus (Ad)...
- Effective oral treatment of unconjugated hyperbilirubinemia in Gunn ratsAnja M Hafkamp
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Department of Pediatrics, Center for Liver, Digestive, and Metabolic Diseases, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Hepatology 41:526-34. 2005..hyperbilirubinemia, dietary supplementation with the lipase inhibitor orlistat (Orl) or with calcium phosphate (CaP) decreases plasma unconjugated bilirubin (UCB) levels...
- Circadian and light-induced conductance changes in putative pacemaker cells of Bulla gouldianaM R Ralph
Department of Biology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22901
J Comp Physiol A 166:589-95. 1990..large, phasic depolarization accompanied by a burst of CAPs; this is followed by a repolarizing phase during which CAP activity is reduced to zero; and finally a tonic depolarization develops that is accompanied by a resumption of CAP ..
- Structure of a two-CAP-domain protein from the human hookworm parasite Necator americanusOluwatoyin A Asojo
Pathology and Microbiology Department, 986495 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 6495, USA
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 67:455-62. 2011..stage hookworms upon host entry include Ancylostoma secreted proteins (ASPs), which are characterized by one or two CAP (cysteine-rich secretory protein/antigen 5/pathogenesis related-1) domains...
- A comparative study of the metastable equilibrium solubility behavior of high-crystallinity and low-crystallinity carbonated apatites using pH and solution strontium as independent variablesD D Heslop
Department of Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, 213 A Skaggs Hall, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, 84112, USA
J Colloid Interface Sci 289:14-25. 2005..and pH as independent variables, the metastable equilibrium solubility (MES) behavior of two carbonated apatite (CAP) samples has been examined, a high-crystallinity CAP (properties expected to be similar to dental enamel) and a low-..
- Identification of an enhancer agonist cytotoxic T lymphocyte peptide from human carcinoembryonic antigenS Zaremba
Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1750, USA
Cancer Res 57:4570-7. 1997..Single amino acid substitutions were introduced to the CAP1 peptide (YLSGANLNL), an immunogenic HLA-A2+-binding peptide derived from human carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA)...
- Biomarkers of thrombosis, fibrinolysis, and inflammation in patients with severe sepsis due to community-acquired pneumonia with and without Streptococcus pneumoniaeG M Vail
Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Infection 37:358-64. 2009..Using data from patients with community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) and severe sepsis, we investigated: (1) the baseline patient characteristics and biomarkers of thrombosis, ..
- Role of 'atypical pathogens' among adult hospitalized patients with community-acquired pneumoniaGrace Lui
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong
Respirology 14:1098-105. 2009..pneumoniae and Legionella pneumophila are recognized as important causes of community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) worldwide...
- Treatment failure rates and health care utilization and costs among patients with community-acquired pneumonia treated with levofloxacin or macrolides in an outpatient setting: a retrospective claims database analysisXin Ye
i3 Innovus, Eden Prairie, Minnesota, USA
Clin Ther 30:358-71. 2008Macrolide antibiotics and fluoroquinolones are extensively used in the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia (CAP).
- Stacking efficiency and flexibility analysis of aromatic amino acids in cap-binding proteinsRemigiusz Worch
Division of Biophysics, Institute of Experimental Physics, Faculty of Physics, Warsaw University, 02 089 Warszawa, Poland
Proteins 71:2026-37. 2008Recognition of the ribonucleic acid 5' termini (RNA 5' cap) by a wide class of cap-binding proteins is largely accomplished by cation-pi stacking that involves the positively charged 7-methylguanine ring and aromatic amino acid side ..
- Expression of cementum-derived attachment protein in bovine tooth germ during cementogenesisM Saito
Department of Operative Dentistry and Endodontics, Kanagawa Dental College, Yokosuka, Japan
Bone 29:242-8. 2001Cementum-derived attachment protein (CAP) is a 56 kDa collagenous protein that promotes attachment of mesenchymal cells. Previous studies have shown that the presence of CAP is restricted to cementum in adult human tissues...
- Circulating high-mobility group box 1 (HMGB1) concentrations are elevated in both uncomplicated pneumonia and pneumonia with severe sepsisDerek C Angus
Clinical Research, Investigation, and Systems Modeling of Acute Illness CRISMA Laboratory, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Crit Care Med 35:1061-7. 2007..We describe plasma HMGB1 concentrations in humans with community-acquired pneumonia (CAP), the most common cause of severe sepsis, and test the hypotheses that HMGB1 levels are higher in CAP than healthy ..
- Is the diagnosis of physical abuse changed when Child Protective Services consults a Child Abuse Pediatrics subspecialty group as a second opinion?James Anderst
Division of Emergency Medical Services, Section for Children at Risk, Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, University of Missouri at Kansas City, 2401 Gillham Road, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Child Abuse Negl 33:481-9. 2009To characterize the changes regarding the diagnosis of physical abuse provided to Child Protective Services (CPS) when CPS asks a Child Abuse Pediatrics (CAP) specialty group for a second opinion and works in concert with that CAP group.
- [Repair of immedicable ulcer in skull cap with expanded bipedical axial flap in senile patients]Yanqiu Wu
Department of Burns and Plastic Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of the General Hospital of PLA, Beijing 100037, PR China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 21:917-20. 2007To investigate the method to repair immedicable ulcer in skull cap in senile patient and the clinical effect of expanded bipedical axial flap in skull cap.
- Comparative performance of three ceramic bone graft substitutesKarin A Hing
IRC in Biomedical Materials, Queen Mary University of London, London, United Kingdom
Spine J 7:475-90. 2007..There is, however, a lack of comparative performance data regarding the relative efficacy of these materials when placed in an osseous defect site...
- Effects of different moving devices at loading on stress response and meat quality in pigsJ A Correa
F Ménard Inc, Ange Gardien, Quebec, J0E 1E0, Canada
J Anim Sci 88:4086-93. 2010..board and a paddle from the finishing pen and using a compressed air prod in the ramp before going into the truck (CAP). A subpopulation of 144 pigs (48 pigs/treatment) was equipped with heart rate monitors...
- The "cap" technique: nonmicrosurgical reattachment of fingertip amputationsE H Rose
Division of Plastic Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Calif
J Hand Surg Am 14:513-8. 1989..In a series of seven adult patients the severed tip was filleted and replaced as a "cap" over the skeletonized distal phalanx of the stump...
- Characterization of hydrotropism: the timing of perception and signal movement from the root cap in the agravitropic pea mutant ageotropumC Stinemetz
Biology Department, Rhodes College, Memphis, Tennessee 38112, USA
Biol Sci Space 10:174-5. 1996..time required for signal transduction and transmission in roots following an osmotic stimulation at the root cap. In addition, we have compared the threshold times and signal transmission times of hydrotropism in the ageotropum ..
- Angiotensin Adrenergic Interactions in the KidneyRoland C Blantz; Fiscal Year: 2013..Combined AII blockade with ACE inhibitor (CAP) and AT-1 receptor blocker (LOS) (A/I + T1) totally normalizes the QO2/TNa...
- Chicago Community-Acquired Pneumonia ConsortiumRichard G Wunderink; Fiscal Year: 2010..A large body of information suggests that the etiology and possibly the frequency of CAP have changed since the last CDC-sponsored population-based study...
- Statins protect against adverse cardiac events during pneumoniaCarlos J Orihuela; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Individuals hospitalized for community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) are at increased risk for sudden death as a result of adverse cardiac events...
- Age-associated Toll-like receptor dysfunction in the lungsCarlos J Orihuela; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) is a leading cause of death among the elderly (>65 years);despite access to antimicrobials and supportive critical care, the case-fatality rate for elderly with ..
- Remote-control mouse-implantable micropumps for establishment of regenerative capJUAN GABRIEL contact SANTIAGO; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our mouse- implantable remote-control micropump technology overcomes this limitation;enabling more rapid, efficient, and economical discovery and delivery of regenerative therapies. ..
- Polymicrobial interactions in the lung.JENNIFER MELINDA BOMBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2010..an important pathogen in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD), community acquired pneumonia (CAP), ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP), non-CF bronchiectasis and cystic fibrosis (CF)...
- Polymicrobial Interactions in the LungJENNIFER MELINDA BOMBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2013..an important pathogen in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD), community acquired pneumonia (CAP), ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP), non-CF bronchiectasis and cystic fibrosis (CF)...
- ENVIRONMENTAL TOBACCO SMOKE EXPOSURE AMONG CHILDREN HOSPITALIZED WITH PNEUMONIADerek Williams; Fiscal Year: 2010..large, CDC-funded, multi-center surveillance study of the incidence and etiology of community- acquired pneumonia (CAP) among hospitalized children and adults...
- Spinal Cord-Mediated Acute Neurogenic InflammationQing Lin; Fiscal Year: 2010..we have experimentally established an acute model of neurogenic inflammation by using an intradermal capsaicin (CAP) injection...
- Mechanisms of Splicing Regulation During Environmental Stress in YeastJaclyn C Greimann; Fiscal Year: 2012..message which undergoes many molecular changes, or processing reactions, which alter its stability including 5'cap formation, RNA splicing and addition of a polyadenine tail...
- Imaging of Aortic Atherosclerosis and Inflammation in the Metabolic SyndromeWarren J Manning; Fiscal Year: 2012..useful for the evaluation of aortic plaque for fibrosis and for identification of focal inflammation in the fibrous cap. A Specialized Center of Clinically Oriented Research (SCCOR) program in Vascular Injury, Repair, and Remodeling ..
- Combined use of green tea and quercetin in prostate cancerSUSANNE MARGARETE HENNING; Fiscal Year: 2012..activity of GT by inhibiting EGCG methylation and increasing the bioavailability in prostate cancer (CaP)...
- Chicago Community-Acquired Pneumonia Consortium IIRichard G Wunderink; Fiscal Year: 2013Community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) and influenza are the 8th most frequent primary and an important secondary cause of death in the US...
- Epidemiology and Etiology of Hospitalized Pneumonia in ChildrenKrow Ampofo; Fiscal Year: 2013..all children in Salt Lake County diagnosed and hospitalized for clinically diagnosed and radiologically-confirmed CAP. Specific Aim 2: Determine the population-based incidence, etiology, and outcomes of pediatric influenza-associated ..
- The Incidence and Etiology of Influenza-Associated Community-Acquired Pneumonia iKATHRYN MARGARET EDWARDS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Moreover, our current knowledge of the distribution of etiologic organisms for community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) is limited and largely based on case series or studies performed decades ago or abroad...
- PKC/PKA Regulation in Prostate Cancer by SSeCKS/Gravin/AKAP12Irwin H Gelman; Fiscal Year: 2013..In human prostate cancer (CaP), PKC, levels increase with malignancy whereas PKC* levels are constant, yet only the overexpression of PKC, is ..
- Structural Studies of RNA Maturation and ProcessingChristopher D Lima; Fiscal Year: 2013..The 5'm7GpppN cap is the first co-transcriptional mRNA modification and is required for pre-mRNA splicing, export, stability, and ..
- HORMONAL REGULATION OF MESSENGER RNA STABILITYDaniel R Schoenberg; Fiscal Year: 2013..The decay of most mRNAs begins with shortening of the poly(A) tail, removal of the 5'cap and simultaneous 5'-3'and 3'-5'degradation of the mRNA body...
- Incidence and etiology of influenza associated pneumonia in hospitalized childrenJonathan A McCullers; Fiscal Year: 2010..In studies employing comprehensive diagnostic methods, the incidence of co-infections in CAP appears to be at least 40%...
- Adherence to Clinical Practice Guidelines in the Emergency DepartmentStacy Trent; Fiscal Year: 2013..Acute coronary syndrome (ACS), acute ST elevation myocardial infarction (AMI), community-acquired pneumonia (CAP), acute ischemic stroke (AIS), and severe sepsis and septic shock (SS) are 5 ideal disease processes to study ED ..
- Defining the telomerase holoenzyme in progenitor cells with agingSteven E Artandi; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Telomeres, the nucleoprotein structures that cap chromosome ends, are maintained by telomerase, a multi-subunit enzyme complex...
- Development of CNS-targeted AAV vectorsMIGUEL S ESTEVES; Fiscal Year: 2012..of an AAV capsid library with a diversity of 5x109 clones generated by DNA shuffling of AAV1, 2, 5, 8, 9, and rh10 Cap genes, to identify new brain- and spinal cord-tropic AAV capsids after intravenous or ICV delivery in adult animals...
- Contractile Regulation of Cardiocyte Protein SynthesisPaul J McDermott; Fiscal Year: 2013..that is G-C rich (82%) with extensive secondary structure in the form of a large, stable hairpin loop near the 54-cap, and a relatively long 34-UTR that has possible AU-rich elements involved in translation-linked mRNA stability...
- Identification and characterization of inhibitors for hantavirus replicationMOHAMMAD AYOUB MIR; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, N also binds to both the viral mRNA 5'cap and a highly conserved triplet repeat sequence of viral mRNA 5'UTR...
- Long-term effects of caffeine therapy for apnea of prematurity on sleep disordersCarole L Marcus; Fiscal Year: 2012..are currently receiving detailed neurocognitive and behavioral assessments (the Caffeine for Apnea of Prematurity [CAP] trial)...
- MULTICITY STUDY OF QUALITY OF CARE FOR HIV-RELATED TBCharles Bennett; Fiscal Year: 2000..evaluate quality of care for HIV-related Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP) and community acquired pneumonia (CAP) in several cities...
- Anti-Influenza Therapy in Hospitalized Patients with Community-Acquired PneumoniaJULIO ALBERTO RAMIREZ; Fiscal Year: 2012..the American Thoracic Society (ATS) have developed guidelines for the management of community-acquired pneumonia (CAP)...
- Impact of statins and ACE inhibitors on outcomes for pneumonia and sepsisEric Mortensen; Fiscal Year: 2009..for those >65 years of age, and the majority of these deaths are related to community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) and sepsis...
- Community-Academic Partnership: Building an Infrastructure to Improve Health forBeth A Marks; Fiscal Year: 2010..in the academic community, studies continue to demonstrate the benefits of community-academic partnerships (CAP) to develop and strengthen community capacity for the provision of culturally relevant health care in local ..
- Anti-HIV-1 Composite Cellulose Acetate Phthalate FilmShibo Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2006Cellulose acetate phthalate (CAP), used in the pharmaceutical industry for enteric film coating of tablets and capsules, is an HIV-1 entry inhibitor blocking the CXCR4/CCR5 coreceptor binding sites on the virus and eliciting "dead-end" ..
- Anti-HIV Microbicide: Cellulose Acetate Phthalate (CAP)A Robert Neurath; Fiscal Year: 2004Cellulose acetate phthalate (CAP) has been used as an enteric film coating material or as a matrix binder for tablets and capsules...
- The West Nile virus methyltransferaseHongmin Li; Fiscal Year: 2010..The 5'end of flavivirus plus- sense RNA genome contains a type 1 cap (m7GpppAmG)...
- Role of Cellular P-bodies and Hantavirus Nucleocapsid Protein in Viral mRNA "capMOHAMMAD AYOUB MIR; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The paradigm for viral transcription initiation involving cap snatching is based on orthomyxovirus, influenza, and posits that heterotrimeric viral RNA dependent RNA polymerase (RdRp) acquires 5'..
- Anti-GM1b IgM for Detection of Localized Prostate CancerMepur Ravindranath; Fiscal Year: 2005..specific anti-Gg lgM antibodies could serve as diagnostic and prognostic markers of subclinical prostate cancer (CAP). CaP progresses imperceptibly and is potentially curable when organ-confined...
- Translational partitioning of the SL RNADavid A Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2010..tarentolae, which generally exhibit the cap 1 phenotype, is that they are recognized by the translational masking factor, but cannot be unmasked...
- Structural Analysis of Helminth mRNA Cap-Binding ProteinsRichard E Davis; Fiscal Year: 2010..One intriguing potential target is the parasite translation initiation factor eIF4E. eIF4E recognizes the mRNA cap and is a key and rate-limiting step in translation...
- Self Assembly of Cartilage by Mesenchymal Stem Cells on Porous Chitosan/CaPSTEVEN HOWARD ELDER; Fiscal Year: 2010..integration and attachment of engineered cartilage to a porous chitosan-nanocrystalline calcium phosphate (chitosan/CaP) scaffold;3) Engineer a femoral head-sized hemispherical shell of cartilage attached to a mushroom-shaped chitosan/..
- Prostate Cancer Education in African American MenSTEPHEN LEPORE; Fiscal Year: 2007..Relative to other racial and ethnic groups, African American men have a higher prevalence of cancer of the prostate (CaP), are more likely to present with disease at later stages, often have more aggressive tumors, are more likely to ..
- CHEMOPREVENTION OF PROSTATE CANCER BY SANGUINARINENihal Ahmad; Fiscal Year: 2002In American men, cancer of the prostate gland (CaP) continues to be one of the most frequently occurring malignancies accounting for approximately 29% of all new cancer cases...
- PROSTATE CANCER CHEMOPREVENTION BY COX 2 INHIBITIONHasan Mukhtar; Fiscal Year: 2002Limited options for the treatment of cancer of the prostate gland (CaP) and its increasing incidence have spurred the search on novel treatment and preventive approaches for this disease...
- Adipose-Related Biomarkers of Prostate CancerJAY FOWKE; Fiscal Year: 2004..activate estrogen and androgen receptors in prostate cells, and E exposure may permit cancer of the prostate (CAP) to progress to clinical detection and androgen-independence...
- IGF-I: A Nutrition-Regulated Target in Prostate CancerPinchas Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2007..energy expenditure that is typical of Western diets has been associated with an increased risk of prostate cancer (CaP). Increased intake of lycopene-rich foods, such as cooked tomatoes, is associated with a decreased risk of CaP...
- Control of cap-independent translation by a viral 3' UTRWYATT MILLER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Cellular mRNAs require a 5' cap and poly(A) tail to recruit the ribosome and initiate translation in a regulated manner...
- PORT-II FOR PROSTATIC DISEASESMichael Barry; Fiscal Year: 1999..Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and carcinoma of the prostate (CAP) are two exceedingly common diseases of older men; 40% of men will eventually be diagnosed with BPH and 13% with ..
- ENDOTHELIAL GROWTH FACTOR IN PROSTATE CANCER METASTASISDan Theodorescu; Fiscal Year: 2005..In this regard, prostate cancer (CaP) has a strong predilection for bone metastasis with other sites being only rarely involved...