Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CAMK2D
Description: calcium/calmodulin dependent protein kinase II delta
Alias: CAMKD, calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase type II subunit delta, CaM kinase II delta subunit, CaM-kinase II delta chain, CaMK-II delta subunit, calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase (CaM kinase) II delta, calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase type II delta chain
- Ye J, Das S, Roy A, Wei W, Huang H, Lorenz Guertin J, et al. Ischemic Injury-Induced CaMKIIδ and CaMKIIγ Confer Neuroprotection Through the NF-κB Signaling Pathway. Mol Neurobiol. 2019;56:2123-2136 pubmed publisher..Here, we investigated the role of the CaMKII family in neuronal survival during I/R. Our data indicated that CAMK2D/CaMKIIδ and CAMK2G/CaMKIIγ were selectively upregulated in a time-dependent manner at both transcriptional and ..
- Simats A, García Berrocoso T, Ramiro L, Giralt D, Gill N, Penalba A, et al. Characterization of the rat cerebrospinal fluid proteome following acute cerebral ischemia using an aptamer-based proteomic technology. Sci Rep. 2018;8:7899 pubmed publisher..Seven promising candidates were further evaluated in rat plasma and brain (CKB, CaMK2A, CaMK2B, CaMK2D, PDXP, AREG, CMPK)...
- Yang C, Raghuram V, Emamian M, Sandoval P, Knepper M. Deep proteomic profiling of vasopressin-sensitive collecting duct cells. II. Bioinformatic analysis of vasopressin signaling. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2015;309:C799-812 pubmed publisher..Bayes' rule was used to integrate the new colocalization data with prior data to identify protein kinases most likely to phosphorylate aquaporin-2 at Ser(256) (Camk2b > Camk2d > Prkaca) and Ser(261) (Mapk1 = Mapk3 > Mapk14).
- Kim J, Song D, Kwon E, Hong S, Song H, Min C, et al. miR-185 plays an anti-hypertrophic role in the heart via multiple targets in the calcium-signaling pathways. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0122509 pubmed publisher..Our study further identified Camk2d, Ncx1, and Nfatc3 as direct targets of miR-185...
- Ye J, Beetz N, O Keeffe S, Tapia J, Macpherson L, Chen W, et al. hnRNP U protein is required for normal pre-mRNA splicing and postnatal heart development and function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E3020-9 pubmed publisher..normal heart development and function, including Titin and calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II delta (Camk2d)...
- Sahraoui A, Dewachter C, de Medina G, Naeije R, Aouichat Bouguerra S, Dewachter L. Myocardial Structural and Biological Anomalies Induced by High Fat Diet in Psammomys obesus Gerbils. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0148117 pubmed publisher..calcium channel (Cacna1c) decreased, while protein kinase A (PKA) and calcium-calmodulin-dependent protein kinase (CaMK2D) expressions increased...
- Xu Q, Deng F, Xing Z, Wu Z, Cen B, Xu S, et al. Long non-coding RNA C2dat1 regulates CaMKII? expression to promote neuronal survival through the NF-?B signaling pathway following cerebral ischemia. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2173 pubmed publisher..Through an lncRNA array analysis in a rat model of focal cerebral ischemia/reperfusion (I/R), we have identified CAMK2D-associated transcript 1 (C2dat1) as a novel I/R-induced lncRNA that regulated the expression of CaMKII? in murine ..
- Neidl R, Schneider A, Bousiges O, Majchrzak M, Barbelivien A, de Vasconcelos A, et al. Late-Life Environmental Enrichment Induces Acetylation Events and Nuclear Factor ?B-Dependent Regulations in the Hippocampus of Aged Rats Showing Improved Plasticity and Learning. J Neurosci. 2016;36:4351-61 pubmed publisher..g., Bdnf, CamK2D)...
- Wyles S, Li X, Hrstka S, Reyes S, Oommen S, Beraldi R, et al. Modeling structural and functional deficiencies of RBM20 familial dilated cardiomyopathy using human induced pluripotent stem cells. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:254-65 pubmed publisher..analysis for RBM20-dependent splice variants affected sarcomeric (TTN and LDB3) and calcium (Ca(2+)) handling (CAMK2D and CACNA1C) genes. Indeed, RBM20 hiPSC-CMs exhibited increased sarcomeric length (RBM20: 1.747 Â± 0...
- Li Y, Shi L, Yue L, Gao R, Yu Z, Yang X, et al. Hippocampal gene expression profiling in a rat model of functional constipation reveals abnormal expression genes associated with cognitive function. Neurosci Lett. 2018;675:103-109 pubmed publisher..And then, those enriched DEGs were verified by qRTPCR methods As far as the mRNA expressions of Chrna4, Camk2d and Gng13, there were significant difference between the control rats and model rats...
- Douglas L, McGuire A, Manzardo A, Butler M. High-resolution chromosome ideogram representation of recognized genes for bipolar disorder. Gene. 2016;586:136-47 pubmed publisher..g., CACNA1C, CAMK2A, CAMK2D, ADCY1, ADCY2); glutamatergic (e.g., GRIK1, GRM3, GRM7), dopaminergic (e.g...
- Bao M, Szeto V, Yang B, Zhu S, Sun H, Feng Z. Long non-coding RNAs in ischemic stroke. Cell Death Dis. 2018;9:281 pubmed publisher..metastasis-associate lung adenocarcinoma transcript 1 (MALAT1), N1LR, maternally expressed gene 3 (MEG3), H19, CaMK2D-associated transcript 1 (C2dat1), Fos downstream transcript (FosDT), small nucleolar RNA host gene 14 (SNHG14), ..
- Wu X, McMurray C. Calmodulin kinase II attenuation of gene transcription by preventing cAMP response element-binding protein (CREB) dimerization and binding of the CREB-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:1735-41 pubmed..Thus, CamKII confers a dominant inhibitory effect on transcription by preventing dimerization of CREB, and this mechanism may account for the attenuation of gene expression. ..
- Tang S, Pan Y, Wang Y, Hu L, Cao S, Chu M, et al. Genome-wide association study of survival in early-stage non-small cell lung cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2015;22:630-5 pubmed publisher..We found that rs10023113 in calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II delta (CAMK2D) was consistently associated with survival of early-stage NSCLC in the GWAS scan and the replication cohort [GWAS ..
- Hamdani N, Krysiak J, Kreusser M, Neef S, dos Remedios C, Maier L, et al. Crucial role for Ca2(+)/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase-II in regulating diastolic stress of normal and failing hearts via titin phosphorylation. Circ Res. 2013;112:664-74 pubmed publisher..CaMKII phosphorylates the titin springs at conserved serines/threonines, thereby lowering F(passive). Deranged CaMKII-dependent titin phosphorylation occurs in heart failure and contributes to altered diastolic stress. ..
- Nguyen T, Shively J. Induction of Lumen Formation in a Three-dimensional Model of Mammary Morphogenesis by Transcriptional Regulator ID4: ROLE OF CaMK2D IN THE EPIGENETIC REGULATION OF ID4 GENE EXPRESSION. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:16766-76 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, CaMK2D was up-regulated in CEACAM1-transfected cells, effecting phosphorylation of HDAC4 and its sequestration in the ..
- Burgner D, Davila S, Breunis W, Ng S, Li Y, Bonnard C, et al. A genome-wide association study identifies novel and functionally related susceptibility Loci for Kawasaki disease. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000319 pubmed publisher..Pathway Analysis identified a single functional network (p = 10(-13)) containing five fine-mapped genes-LNX1, CAMK2D, ZFHX3, CSMD1, and TCP1-with functional relationships potentially related to inflammation, apoptosis, and ..
- Mukherjee S, Sheng W, Sun R, Janssen L. Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase IIÎ² and IIÎ´ mediate TGFÎ²-induced transduction of fibronectin and collagen in human pulmonary fibroblasts. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2017;312:L510-L519 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that TGFÎ² induces the expression of CamK IIÎ² and CamK IIÎ´, which in turn are activated by TGFÎ²-evoked Ca2+ waves in a frequency-dependent manner, leading to increased expression of ECM proteins. ..
- Chew C, Chen X, Zhang H, Berg E, Zhang H. Calcium/calmodulin-dependent phosphorylation of tumor protein D52 on serine residue 136 may be mediated by CAMK2delta6. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2008;295:G1159-72 pubmed publisher..The cloned, expressed protein comigrated with D52 kinase and colocalized with D52 protein in T84 and HEK293 cells. These findings support a role for CAMK2delta6 in the mediation of D52 phosphorylation. ..
- Mouton Liger F, Thomas S, Rattenbach R, Magnol L, Larigaldie V, Ledru A, et al. PCP4 (PEP19) overexpression induces premature neuronal differentiation associated with Ca(2+) /calmodulin-dependent kinase II-? activation in mouse models of Down syndrome. J Comp Neurol. 2011;519:2779-802 pubmed publisher..TgPCP4 and Ts1Cje mice developed similar modifications, demonstrating that these mechanisms may account for abnormal neuronal development in DS. ..
- Lobo D, Aleksandrova L, Knight J, Casey D, El Guebaly N, Nobrega J, et al. Addiction-related genes in gambling disorders: new insights from parallel human and pre-clinical models. Mol Psychiatry. 2015;20:1002-10 pubmed publisher..In humans, DG was significantly associated with tagSNPs in DRD3 (rs167771) and CAMK2D (rs3815072). Our results suggest that age and gender might moderate the association between CAMK2D and DG...
- Ma Lauer Y, Carbajo Lozoya J, Hein M, MÃ¼ller M, Deng W, Lei J, et al. p53 down-regulates SARS coronavirus replication and is targeted by the SARS-unique domain and PLpro via E3 ubiquitin ligase RCHY1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E5192-201 pubmed publisher..The calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II delta (CAMK2D), which normally influences RCHY1 stability by phosphorylation, also binds to SUD...
- Permuth Wey J, Chen Y, Tsai Y, Chen Z, Qu X, Lancaster J, et al. Inherited variants in mitochondrial biogenesis genes may influence epithelial ovarian cancer risk. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2011;20:1131-45 pubmed publisher..050), especially for NRF1, MTERF, PPARGC1A, ESRRA, and CAMK2D. Several SNP-level associations strengthened after adjustment for nongenetic factors, particularly for MTERF...
- Mishra Gorur K, Singer H, Castellot J. The S18 ribosomal protein is a putative substrate for Ca2+/calmodulin-activated protein kinase II. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:33537-40 pubmed..Taken together these data support the idea that S18 could be a novel substrate for CaMK II, thus providing a potential link between Ca(2+)-mobilizing agents and protein translation. ..
- Sawasaki T, Kamura N, Matsunaga S, Saeki M, Tsuchimochi M, Morishita R, et al. Arabidopsis HY5 protein functions as a DNA-binding tag for purification and functional immobilization of proteins on agarose/DNA microplate. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:221-8 pubmed..Thus, this method may facilitate rapid functional analysis of a wide range of proteins. ..
- Correia S, Bassani S, Brown T, Lise M, Backos D, El Husseini A, et al. Motor protein-dependent transport of AMPA receptors into spines during long-term potentiation. Nat Neurosci. 2008;11:457-66 pubmed publisher..In summary, we identified the specific motor protein and organelle acceptor that catalyze the directional transport of AMPARs into spines during activity-dependent synaptic plasticity. ..
- Rellos P, Pike A, Niesen F, Salah E, Lee W, von Delft F, et al. Structure of the CaMKIIdelta/calmodulin complex reveals the molecular mechanism of CaMKII kinase activation. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000426 pubmed publisher..Please note that a web plugin is required to access this enhanced functionality. Instructions for the installation and use of the Web plugin are available in Text S1. ..
- Krapivinsky G, Krapivinsky L, Manasian Y, Ivanov A, Tyzio R, Pellegrino C, et al. The NMDA receptor is coupled to the ERK pathway by a direct interaction between NR2B and RasGRF1. Neuron. 2003;40:775-84 pubmed..The specific association of RasGRF1 with the NR2B subunit and study of ERK activation in neurons with varied content of NR2B suggests that NR2B-containing channels are the dominant activators of the NMDA-dependent ERK pathway. ..
- Wollmuth L, Kuner T, Sakmann B. Adjacent asparagines in the NR2-subunit of the NMDA receptor channel control the voltage-dependent block by extracellular Mg2+. J Physiol. 1998;506 ( Pt 1):13-32 pubmed..The contribution to the blocking site, in contrast to the prevailing view, is stronger for the N + 1 site than for the N-site asparagine. The block may involve binding of Mg2+ to these residues. ..
- Huang C, Cao W, Liao R, Wang J, Wang Y, Tong L, et al. PP1? functionally augments the alternative splicing of CaMKII? through interaction with ASF. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2014;306:C167-77 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results show that PP1? promotes the alternative splicing of CaMKII? through its interacting with ASF, exacerbating OGD/R-triggered apoptosis in primary cardiomyocytes. ..
- Zhang X, Wang C, Zhao J, Xu J, Geng Y, Dai L, et al. miR-146a facilitates osteoarthritis by regulating cartilage homeostasis via targeting Camk2d and Ppp3r2. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2734 pubmed publisher..We further identified calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II delta (Camk2d) and protein phosphatase 3, regulatory subunit B, beta isoform (Ppp3r2, also known as calcineurin B, type II) were ..
- Rochlitz H, Voigt A, Lankat Buttgereit B, Goke B, Heimberg H, Nauck M, et al. Cloning and quantitative determination of the human Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II (CaMK II) isoforms in human beta cells. Diabetologia. 2000;43:465-73 pubmed..These results provide the basis for exploring the pathophysiological relevance of CaMK IIbeta in human diabetes. ..
- Maier L, Zhang T, Chen L, DeSantiago J, Brown J, Bers D. Transgenic CaMKIIdeltaC overexpression uniquely alters cardiac myocyte Ca2+ handling: reduced SR Ca2+ load and activated SR Ca2+ release. Circ Res. 2003;92:904-11 pubmed..We conclude that CaMKIIdeltaC overexpression causes acute modulation of excitation-contraction coupling, which contributes to heart failure. ..
- Bauch A, Campbell K, Reth M. Interaction of the CD5 cytoplasmic domain with the Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent kinase IIdelta. Eur J Immunol. 1998;28:2167-77 pubmed..The interaction of CD5 with the Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent kinase IIdelta was reproduced in vitro using fusion proteins. The potential function of these proteins in CD5 internalization and negative signaling is discussed. ..
- Purohit A, Rokita A, Guan X, Chen B, Koval O, Voigt N, et al. Oxidized Ca(2+)/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II triggers atrial fibrillation. Circulation. 2013;128:1748-57 pubmed publisher..Our studies suggest that CaMKII is a molecular signal that couples increased reactive oxygen species with AF and that therapeutic strategies to decrease oxidized CaMKII may prevent or reduce AF. ..
- Moyers J, Bilan P, Zhu J, Kahn C. Rad and Rad-related GTPases interact with calmodulin and calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:11832-9 pubmed..Thus, the Rad family of GTP-binding proteins possess unique characteristics of binding CaM and calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II, suggesting a role for Rad-like GTPases in calcium activation of serine/threonine kinase cascades. ..
- Mohlig M, Wolter S, Mayer P, Lang J, Osterhoff M, Horn P, et al. Insulinoma cells contain an isoform of Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II delta associated with insulin secretion vesicles. Endocrinology. 1997;138:2577-84 pubmed..CaM kinase II delta2 thus is identified as the subtype associated with insulin secretory granules and is likely to be involved in insulin secretion. ..
- Tombes R, Mikkelsen R, Jarvis W, Grant S. Downregulation of delta CaM kinase II in human tumor cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1452:1-11 pubmed..Endogenous delta CaMK-II has a perinuclear distribution in fibroblasts and extends along neurites in PC-12 cells. These findings point to a role for delta CaMK-II isozymes in cellular differentiation. ..
- Lantsman K, Tombes R. CaMK-II oligomerization potential determined using CFP/YFP FRET. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1746:45-54 pubmed..Our results indicate that alpha, beta, and delta CaMK-IIs can freely hetero-oligomerize and that increased variable region lengths place amino termini further apart, potentially influencing the rate of inter-subunit autophosphorylation. ..
- Awad S, Al Haffar K, Marashly Q, Quijada P, Kunhi M, al Yacoub N, et al. Control of histone H3 phosphorylation by CaMKIIÎ´ in response to haemodynamic cardiac stress. J Pathol. 2015;235:606-18 pubmed publisher..The findings reveal a novel in vivo function of CaMKIIÎ´ in regulating H3 phosphorylation and suggest a novel epigenetic mechanism by which CaMKIIÎ´ controls cardiac hypertrophy. ..
- Ashpole N, Herren A, Ginsburg K, Brogan J, Johnson D, Cummins T, et al. Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II (CaMKII) regulates cardiac sodium channel NaV1.5 gating by multiple phosphorylation sites. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:19856-69 pubmed publisher..5 at multiple sites (including Thr-594 and Ser-516) appears to be required to evoke loss-of-function changes in gating that could contribute to acquired Brugada syndrome-like effects in heart failure. ..
- Bayer K, Lebel E, McDonald G, O Leary H, Schulman H, De Koninck P. Transition from reversible to persistent binding of CaMKII to postsynaptic sites and NR2B. J Neurosci. 2006;26:1164-74 pubmed..This activity-dependent incorporation of CaMKII into postsynaptic sites may play a role in maturation and plasticity of synapses. ..
- Zhao J, Gao Z, Ji Q, Wang H, Zhang H, Yang Y, et al. Regulation of cofilin activity by CaMKII and calcineurin. Am J Med Sci. 2012;344:462-72 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, the authors suggest that CaMKII and Cn provide a switch-like mechanism that controls Ca-dependent LIMK1, SSH1L and cofilin activation, and subsequently actin cytoskeletal reorganization. ..
- Anborgh P, Qian X, Papageorge A, Vass W, DeClue J, Lowy D. Ras-specific exchange factor GRF: oligomerization through its Dbl homology domain and calcium-dependent activation of Raf. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:4611-22 pubmed
- Cairns B, Svensson P, Wang K, Hupfeld S, Graven Nielsen T, Sessle B, et al. Activation of peripheral NMDA receptors contributes to human pain and rat afferent discharges evoked by injection of glutamate into the masseter muscle. J Neurophysiol. 2003;90:2098-105 pubmed..It is conceivable that activation of peripheral NMDA receptors may contribute to masticatory muscle pain and that peripherally acting NMDA receptor antagonists could prove to be effective analgesics for this type of pain. ..
- Maier L, Bers D. Role of Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase (CaMK) in excitation-contraction coupling in the heart. Cardiovasc Res. 2007;73:631-40 pubmed..In the present review we summarize important aspects of the role of CaMKII in ECC with an emphasis on recent novel findings. ..
- Sossalla S, Fluschnik N, Schotola H, Ort K, Neef S, Schulte T, et al. Inhibition of elevated Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II improves contractility in human failing myocardium. Circ Res. 2010;107:1150-61 pubmed publisher..The mechanism proposed consists of a reduced SR Ca(2+) leak and consequently increased SR Ca(2+) load. Thus, CaMKII inhibition appears to be a possible therapeutic option for patients with HF and merits further investigation. ..
- Nair J, DaFonseca C, Tjernberg A, Sun W, Darnell J, Chait B, et al. Requirement of Ca2+ and CaMKII for Stat1 Ser-727 phosphorylation in response to IFN-gamma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:5971-6 pubmed..Thus two different cellular signaling events, IFN-gamma receptor occupation and Ca(2+) flux, are required for Stat1 to achieve maximal transcriptional activation through regulation of phosphorylation. ..
- Inagaki N, Nishizawa M, Arimura N, Yamamoto H, Takeuchi Y, Miyamoto E, et al. Activation of Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II within post-synaptic dendritic spines of cultured hippocampal neurons. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:27165-71 pubmed
- Hoch B, Meyer R, Hetzer R, Krause E, Karczewski P. Identification and expression of delta-isoforms of the multifunctional Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase in failing and nonfailing human myocardium. Circ Res. 1999;84:713-21 pubmed..1+/-3.2% in the nonfailing group; P<0.05, n=3 through 6). Our data characterize for the first time the delta-CaMKII isoform expression pattern in human hearts and demonstrate changes in this expression pattern in heart failure. ..
- Daniels L, Bell J, Delbridge L, McDonald F, Lamberts R, Erickson J. The role of CaMKII in diabetic heart dysfunction. Heart Fail Rev. 2015;20:589-600 pubmed publisher..This review will highlight the pathological role of CaMKIIÎ´ in diabetes and discuss CaMKIIÎ´ as a therapeutic target in DM, and also the effects of exercise on CaMKIIÎ´. ..
- Yamamoto H. [Molecular mechanisms of the intracellular localizations of Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II isoforms, and their physiological functions]. Tanpakushitsu Kakusan Koso. 2002;47:241-7 pubmed
- Currie S. Cardiac ryanodine receptor phosphorylation by CaM Kinase II: keeping the balance right. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2009;14:5134-56 pubmed
- Andersen D, Tannenberg A, Burke C, Dodd P. Developmental rearrangements of cortical glutamate-NMDA receptor binding sites in late human gestation. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 1995;88:178-85 pubmed..The evidence suggests that Glutamate-NMDA binding sites may undergo structural rearrangements which alter their ability to interact with ligands during the later stages of human gestation, and that such changes are regionally variable. ..
- Chou C, Hwang G, Hageman D, Han L, Agrawal P, Pisitkun T, et al. Identification of UT-A1 and AQP2 interacting proteins in rat inner medullary collecting duct. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2017;:ajpcell.00082.2017 pubmed publisher..list were those involved in post-translational modifications: phosphorylation (protein kinases Cdc42bpb, Phkb, Camk2d and Mtor), ubiquitylation/deubiquitylation (Uba1, Usp9x), and neddylation (Nae1 and Uba3)...
- Williams C, Phelps S, Porter R. Expression of Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase types II and IV, and reduced DNA synthesis due to the Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase inhibitor KN-62 (1-[N,O-bis(5-isoquinolinesulfonyl)-N-methyl-L-tyrosyl]-4-phenyl piperazine) in smal. Biochem Pharmacol. 1996;51:707-15 pubmed..The expression of both CaMKII and CaMKIV by SCLC cells, and the sensitivity of these cells to the anti-proliferative effects of KN-62, suggest a role for CaM kinase in regulating SCLC proliferation. ..
- Lee K, Chen Y, Hsu S, Yu M. Phosphorylation of Serine 235 of the Hepatitis C Virus Non-Structural Protein NS5A by Multiple Kinases. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0166763 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CKI?-mediated NS5A S235 phosphorylation is critical for HCV replication. CaMKII ? and ? may have negative roles in the HCV life cycle. ..
- Zhang T, Maier L, Dalton N, Miyamoto S, Ross J, Bers D, et al. The deltaC isoform of CaMKII is activated in cardiac hypertrophy and induces dilated cardiomyopathy and heart failure. Circ Res. 2003;92:912-9 pubmed
- Drago A, Cocchi E, Crisafulli C, Serretti A. A molecular pathway analysis of the glutamatergic-monoaminergic interplay serves to investigate the number of depressive records during citalopram treatment. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2015;122:465-75 pubmed publisher..The best associated results are relative to two signle SNPs, (rs7744492 in AKAP12 p = 0.0004 and rs17046113 in CAMK2D p = 0.0006) and a molecular pathway (cAMP biosynthetic process p = 0.005)...
- Little G, Bai Y, Williams T, Poizat C. Nuclear calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase IIdelta preferentially transmits signals to histone deacetylase 4 in cardiac cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:7219-31 pubmed..These findings identify HDAC4 as a specific downstream substrate of CaMKIIdeltaB in cardiac cells and have broad applications for the signaling pathways leading to cardiac hypertrophy and heart failure. ..
- Bossuyt J, Helmstadter K, Wu X, Clements Jewery H, Haworth R, Avkiran M, et al. Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase IIdelta and protein kinase D overexpression reinforce the histone deacetylase 5 redistribution in heart failure. Circ Res. 2008;102:695-702 pubmed publisher..This may directly contribute to the development and/or maintenance of HF. ..
- Hook S, Means A. Ca(2+)/CaM-dependent kinases: from activation to function. Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol. 2001;41:471-505 pubmed..Gene transcription has been chosen as the functional endpoint to illustrate the recent advances in Ca(2+)/CaM-mediated signal transduction mechanisms. ..
- Backs J, Song K, Bezprozvannaya S, Chang S, Olson E. CaM kinase II selectively signals to histone deacetylase 4 during cardiomyocyte hypertrophy. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:1853-64 pubmed..These findings reveal a central role for HDAC4 in CaMKII signaling pathways and have implications for the control of gene expression by calcium signaling in a variety of cell types. ..
- Nguyen T, Chen C, Shively J. Phosphorylation of CEACAM1 molecule by calmodulin kinase IID in a three-dimensional model of mammary gland lumen formation. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:2934-45 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CaMKIID specifically phosphorylates Thr-457 on CEACAM1-SF, which in turn regulates the process of lumen formation via apoptosis of the central acinar cells. ..
- de Groot R, den Hertog J, Vandenheede J, Goris J, Sassone Corsi P. Multiple and cooperative phosphorylation events regulate the CREM activator function. EMBO J. 1993;12:3903-11 pubmed..These results show that the activity of CREM tau is regulated by multiple phosphorylation events, suggesting that CREM could be considered as a nuclear effector where signalling pathways may converge and/or cross-talk. ..