Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: calumenin
Alias: calumenin, IEF SSP 9302, crocalbin-like protein, multiple EF-hand protein
Publications118 found, 100 shown here
- Hseu M, Yen C, Tzeng M. Crocalbin: a new calcium-binding protein that is also a binding protein for crotoxin, a neurotoxic phospholipase A2. FEBS Lett. 1999;445:440-4 pubmed..The ability to bind Ca2+ has been ascertained by calcium overlay experiment. Evidenced by sequence similarity in addition, it is concluded that crocalbin is a new member of the reticulocalbin family of calcium-binding proteins. ..
- Kurpińska A, Suraj J, Bonar E, Zakrzewska A, Stojak M, Sternak M, et al. Proteomic characterization of early lung response to breast cancer metastasis in mice. Exp Mol Pathol. 2019;107:129-140 pubmed publisher..chitinase-like protein 4 (Chi3l4), reticulocalbin-1 (Rcn1), EF-hand domain-containing protein D2 (Efhd2), calumenin (Calu)]...
- Pulit Penaloza J, Sun X, Creager H, Zeng H, Belser J, Maines T, et al. Pathogenesis and Transmission of Novel Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza H5N2 and H5N8 Viruses in Ferrets and Mice. J Virol. 2015;89:10286-93 pubmed publisher..The results of this study are important for the evaluation of public health risk. ..
- Kuo M, Jee S, Chou M, Ueng T. Involvement of oxidative stress in motorcycle exhaust particle-induced DNA damage and inhibition of intercellular communication. Mutat Res. 1998;413:143-50 pubmed..The MEP-induced oxidative stress was critically involved in both genotoxic and non-genotoxic activity. ..
- Lindner K, Ströbele M, Schlick S, Webering S, Jenckel A, Kopf J, et al. Biological effects of carbon black nanoparticles are changed by surface coating with polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. Part Fibre Toxicol. 2017;14:8 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that the biological effect of CBNP is determined by a combination of specific surface area and surface-bound PAH, and varies in different target cells. ..
- Thornbrough J, Jha B, Yount B, Goldstein S, Li Y, Elliott R, et al. Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus NS4b Protein Inhibits Host RNase L Activation. MBio. 2016;7:e00258 pubmed publisher..Our report may offer a potential target for therapeutic intervention if NS4b proves to be critical to pathogenesis inin vivomodels of MERS-CoV infection. ..
- Russo A, Saide A, Smaldone S, Faraonio R, Russo G. Role of uL3 in Multidrug Resistance in p53-Mutated Lung Cancer Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Altogether our results describe a new function of uL3 as a regulator of oxidative stress response genes and advance our understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying multidrug resistance in cancers. ..
- Liu Q, Ghosh P, Magpayo N, Testa M, Tang S, Gheorghiu L, et al. Lung cancer cell line screen links fanconi anemia/BRCA pathway defects to increased relative biological effectiveness of proton radiation. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2015;91:1081-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that functional biomarkers, such as size of residual 53BP1 foci, may be used to identify cancers with increased sensitivity to proton radiation. ..
- Li W, Zheng G, Xia J, Yang G, Sun J, Wang X, et al. Cell cycle-related and expression-elevated protein in tumor overexpression is associated with proliferation behaviors and poor prognosis in non-small-cell lung cancer. Cancer Sci. 2018;109:1012-1023 pubmed publisher..Moreover, CREPT overexpression promoted tumor growth in a nude mice model. These results suggest that CREPT is closely relevant to the proliferation of NSCLC cells and it might be a potential prognostic marker in NSCLC patients. ..
- Zhang J, Li H, Wu Q, Chen Y, Deng Y, Yang Z, et al. Tumoral NOX4 recruits M2 tumor-associated macrophages via ROS/PI3K signaling-dependent various cytokine production to promote NSCLC growth. Redox Biol. 2019;22:101116 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study indicates that tumoral NOX4 recruits M2 TAMs via ROS/PI3K signaling-dependent various cytokine production, thus contributing NSCLC cell growth. ..
- Nowotarski S, Pachaiyappan B, Holshouser S, Kutz C, Li Y, Huang Y, et al. Structure-activity study for (bis)ureidopropyl- and (bis)thioureidopropyldiamine LSD1 inhibitors with 3-5-3 and 3-6-3 carbon backbone architectures. Bioorg Med Chem. 2015;23:1601-12 pubmed publisher..The compounds described in this paper represent the most potent epigenetic modulators in this series, and have potential for use as antitumor agents. ..
- Farhane Z, Bonnier F, Casey A, Maguire A, O Neill L, Byrne H. Cellular discrimination using in vitro Raman micro spectroscopy: the role of the nucleolus. Analyst. 2015;140:5908-19 pubmed publisher..The results point to the importance of the nucleolar regions in diagnostic applications of Raman microscopy as well as further applications in subcellular analysis of cytological processes. ..
- Xu Z, Zuo Y, Wang J, Yu Z, Peng F, Chen Y, et al. Overexpression of the regulator of G-protein signalingÂ 5 reduces the survival rate and enhances the radiation response of human lung cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2015;33:2899-907 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, RGS5 enhanced the cytotoxic effect of radiation in the human lung cancer cells. Our results indicated that RGS5 may be a potential target for cancer therapy. ..
- Kim H, Lee K, Park C, Song J, Shin D, Park Y, et al. Polyhexamethylene guanidine phosphate aerosol particles induce pulmonary inflammatory and fibrotic responses. Arch Toxicol. 2016;90:617-32 pubmed publisher..A simultaneous state of tissue destruction and inflammation caused by PHMG-phosphate had whipped up a "perfect storm" in the respiratory tract. ..
- Herbert C, Do K, Chiu V, Garthwaite L, Chen Y, Young P, et al. Allergic environment enhances airway epithelial pro-inflammatory responses to rhinovirus infection. Clin Sci (Lond). 2017;131:499-509 pubmed publisher..Increased viral entry or enhanced signalling via pattern-recognition receptors could also contribute to the exaggerated inflammatory response to RV observed in allergic asthmatics. ..
- Dobosz M, Haupt U, Scheuer W. Improved decision making for prioritizing tumor targeting antibodies in human xenografts: Utility of fluorescence imaging to verify tumor target expression, antibody binding and optimization of dosage and application schedule. MAbs. 2017;9:140-153 pubmed publisher..Our results clearly demonstrate the great potential of combined in vivo and ex vivo fluorescence imaging for the preclinical development and characterization of monoclonal antibodies. ..
- Liu W, Yang J, Hong M, Gao C, Dong J. A potential peptide vector that allows targeted delivery of a desired fusion protein into the human breast cancer cell line MDA-MB-231. Oncol Lett. 2016;11:3943-3952 pubmed..In summary, PI was able to deliver PI-GST into MDA-MB-231 cells. Thus, PI could be modified to be a potential vector, and may contribute to the development of targeted therapeutic strategies for breast cancer. ..
- Drzewiecka H, GaÅ‚Ä™cki B, JarmoÅ‚owska Jurczyszyn D, Kluk A, Dyszkiewicz W, JagodziÅ„ski P. Increased expression of 17-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 in non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2015;87:107-16 pubmed publisher..Increased expression of HSD17B1 in NSCLC may contribute to an elevated intratissue level of E2 and consequently may support the development and spread of cancer. ..
- Murgia X, Yasar H, Carvalho Wodarz C, Loretz B, Gordon S, Schwarzkopf K, et al. Modelling the bronchial barrier in pulmonary drug delivery: A human bronchial epithelial cell line supplemented with human tracheal mucus. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2017;118:79-88 pubmed publisher..This model may therefore be used as a tool to study potential mucus interactions of aerosolized drugs, and more specifically NP-based drug delivery systems designed to exert their effect in the bronchial region. ..
- Chu D, Hui K, Perera R, Miguel E, Niemeyer D, Zhao J, et al. MERS coronaviruses from camels in Africa exhibit region-dependent genetic diversity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018;115:3144-3149 pubmed publisher..Genetic and phenotypic differences in West African viruses may be relevant to zoonotic potential. There is an urgent need for studies of MERS-CoV at the animal-human interface. ..
- Salomon J, Hagos Y, Petzke S, KÃ¼hne A, Gausterer J, Hosoya K, et al. Beta-2 Adrenergic Agonists Are Substrates and Inhibitors of Human Organic Cation Transporter 1. Mol Pharm. 2015;12:2633-41 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that Î²2-agonists are specific substrates and inhibitors of OCT1 in human respiratory epithelial cells and that this transporter might play a role in the pulmonary disposition of drugs of this class. ..
- Patkee W, Carr G, Baker E, Baines D, Garnett J. Metformin prevents the effects of Pseudomonas aeruginosa on airway epithelial tight junctions and restricts hyperglycaemia-induced bacterial growth. J Cell Mol Med. 2016;20:758-64 pubmed publisher..aeruginosa action on airway epithelial tight junctions could yield new therapeutic targets to prevent/suppress hyperglycaemia-induced respiratory infections, avoiding the use of antibiotics. ..
- Karami P, Majidi M, Johari Ahar M, Barar J, Omidi Y. Development of screen-printed tryptophan-kynurenine immunosensor for in vitro assay of kynurenine-mediated immunosuppression effect of cancer cells on activated T-cells. Biosens Bioelectron. 2017;92:287-293 pubmed publisher..Owing to the screen-printed nature, such kind of biosensors have capability of being integrated into lab-on-a-chip (LOC), microfluidics, and micro total analysis systems. ..
- Patil H, Freches D, Karmani L, Duncan G, Ucakar B, Suk J, et al. Fate of PEGylated antibody fragments following delivery to the lungs: Influence of delivery site, PEG size and lung inflammation. J Control Release. 2018;272:62-71 pubmed publisher..Finally, using I125-labeled anti-IL-17A Fab', we showed that the protein fragment hardly penetrated into the lungs following subcutaneous injection, as opposed to pulmonary delivery. ..
- Drzewiecka H, Gałęcki B, Jarmołowska Jurczyszyn D, Kluk A, Dyszkiewicz W, Jagodziński P. Decreased expression of connective tissue growth factor in non-small cell lung cancer is associated with clinicopathological variables and can be restored by epigenetic modifiers. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2016;142:1927-46 pubmed publisher..Decreased expression of CTGF is a common feature in NSCLC; however, it can be restored by the chromatin-modifying agents such as 5-dAzaC or TSA and consequently restrain cancer development. ..
- Dimer F, de Souza Carvalho Wodarz C, Haupenthal J, Hartmann R, Lehr C. Inhalable Clarithromycin Microparticles for Treatment of Respiratory Infections. Pharm Res. 2015;32:3850-61 pubmed publisher..The appropriate aerodynamic properties and the excellent deposition on Calu-3 cells indicate that clarithromycin microparticles are suitable for administration via pulmonary route and are efficient to inhibit bacteria proliferation. ..
- Smith L, Litman P, Kohli E, Amick J, Page R, Misra S, et al. RACK1 interacts with filamin-A to regulate plasma membrane levels of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2013;305:C111-20 pubmed publisher..Disruption of the RACK1-FlnA interaction causes a reduction in CFTR surface levels. Our results suggest that a novel RACK1-FlnA interaction is an important regulator of CFTR surface localization. ..
- Garnett D. Caveolae as a target to quench autoinduction of the metastatic phenotype in lung cancer. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2016;142:611-8 pubmed publisher..When signalling by extracellular signals is quenched by removal of the hydrophilic conduit provided by caveolae, the transcriptome responds by moving the cellular identity towards quiescence. ..
- Liu T, Sun H, Zhu D, Dong X, Liu F, Liang X, et al. TRA2A Promoted Paclitaxel Resistance and Tumor Progression in Triple-Negative Breast Cancers via Regulating Alternative Splicing. Mol Cancer Ther. 2017;16:1377-1388 pubmed publisher..i>Mol Cancer Ther; 16(7); 1377-88. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Ibrahim S, Turner M, Saint Criq V, Garnett J, Haq I, Brodlie M, et al. CK2 is a key regulator of SLC4A2-mediated Cl-/HCO3- exchange in human airway epithelia. Pflugers Arch. 2017;469:1073-1091 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings are the first to demonstrate that CK2 is a key regulator of Cl--dependent HCO3- export at the serosal membrane of human airway epithelial cells. ..
- Ugwu M, Oli A, Esimone C, Agu R. Organic cation rhodamines for screening organic cation transporters in early stages of drug development. J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods. 2016;82:9-19 pubmed publisher..Cationic rhodamines, especially rhodamine-B and rhodamine- 6G can be used as organic cation transporter substrates in respiratory cells. During such studies, buffer selection, pH and light exposure should be taken into consideration. ..
- Iwuchukwu O, Ramirez A, Shi Y, BOWTON E, Kawai V, Schildcrout J, et al. Genetic determinants of variability in warfarin response after the dose-titration phase. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2016;26:510-516 pubmed..The stability of anticoagulation after the warfarin dose-titration phase is differentially affected by variants in CYP4F2 in European-Americans and GGCX loci in African-Americans. ..
- Chen K, Shi W. Autophagy regulates resistance of non-small cell lung cancer cells to paclitaxel. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:10539-44 pubmed publisher..Strategies that increase miR-216b levels or inhibit cell autophagy may improve the outcome of paclitaxel treatment in NSCLC therapy. ..
- Rigo L, Carvalho Wodarz C, Pohlmann A, Guterres S, Schneider Daum N, Lehr C, et al. Nanoencapsulation of a glucocorticoid improves barrier function and anti-inflammatory effect on monolayers of pulmonary epithelial cell lines. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2017;119:1-10 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that nanoencapsulation of pulmonary delivered corticosteroids could be advantageous for the treatment of inflammatory conditions, such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases. ..
- Gaspar D, Faria V, GonÃ§alves L, Taboada P, RemuÃ±Ã¡n LÃ³pez C, Almeida A. Rifabutin-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles for inhaled antitubercular therapy: Physicochemical and in vitro studies. Int J Pharm. 2016;497:199-209 pubmed publisher..Cell viability studies using relevant lung cell lines (A549 and Calu-3) revealed low cytotoxicity for the SLN, suggesting these could be new potential vehicles for pulmonary delivery of antitubercular drugs. ..
- Arechaga Ocampo E, López Camarillo C, Villegas Sepúlveda N, González De la Rosa C, Perez Añorve I, Roldan Perez R, et al. Tumor suppressor miR-29c regulates radioresistance in lung cancer cells. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317695010 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate a new role of miR-29c in radioresistance, highlighting their potential as a novel biomarker for outcomes of radiotherapy in lung cancer. ..
- GÃ¼nday TÃ¼reli N, Torge A, Juntke J, Schwarz B, Schneider Daum N, TÃ¼reli A, et al. Ciprofloxacin-loaded PLGA nanoparticles against cystic fibrosis P. aeruginosa lung infections. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2017;117:363-371 pubmed publisher..Notably, a decrease in mucus turbidity was observed upon incubation with NPs. Herewith, ciprofloxacin complex-loaded PLGA NPs are introduced as promising pulmonary nano drug delivery systems against P.aeruginosa infections in CF lung. ..
- Cuthbert A, Murthy M, Darlington A. Neural control of submucosal gland and apical membrane secretions in airways. Physiol Rep. 2015;3: pubmed publisher..The data are discussed in relation way in which transplanted lungs can maintain mucociliary clearance and hence a sterile environment in the absence of external innervation, as in transplanted lungs. ..
- Warnders F, Terwisscha van Scheltinga A, Knuehl C, Van Roy M, de Vries E, Kosterink J, et al. Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 3-Specific Tumor Uptake and Biodistribution of 89Zr-MSB0010853 Visualized by Real-Time and Noninvasive PET Imaging. J Nucl Med. 2017;58:1210-1215 pubmed publisher..sup>89Zr-MSB0010853 PET imaging gives insight into the in vivo behavior of MSB0010853. ..
- Sun M, Zhao J, Chen X, Zong Z, Han J, Du Y, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of novel tricyclic oxazine and oxazepine fused quinazolines. Part 2: Gefitinib analogs. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2016;26:4842-4845 pubmed publisher..Compounds 1c-1f, 1h effectively inhibited the in vitro kinase activity of EGFR and HER2 with similar efficacy as gefitinib and erlotinib. ..
- Barnard D, Diaz H, Burke T, Donoho G, Beckmann R, Jones B, et al. LY2603618, a selective CHK1 inhibitor, enhances the anti-tumor effect of gemcitabine in xenograft tumor models. Invest New Drugs. 2016;34:49-60 pubmed publisher..LY2603618 worked effectively to remove the S-phase DNA damage checkpoint and increase the DNA damage and the antitumor activity of gemcitabine treatment. ..
- Polke M, Seiler F, Lepper P, Kamyschnikow A, Langer F, Monz D, et al. Hypoxia and the hypoxia-regulated transcription factor HIF-1? suppress the host defence of airway epithelial cells. Innate Immun. 2017;23:373-380 pubmed publisher..The inflammatory response was decreased in lungs of mice stimulated with inactivated P. aeruginosa under hypoxia. These data suggest that hypoxia suppresses the innate immune response of airway epithelial cells via HIF-1?. ..
- Summers H, Rees P, Wang J, Al Jamal K. Spatially-resolved profiling of carbon nanotube uptake across cell lines. Nanoscale. 2017;9:6800-6807 pubmed publisher..We concluded that there is dose homeostasis i.e., the population-averaged cellular dose of CNTs remained unchanged. ..
- Ye Z, Fang B, Pan J, Zhang N, Huang J, Xie C, et al. miR-138 suppresses the proliferation, metastasis and autophagy of non-small cell lung cancer by targeting Sirt1. Oncol Rep. 2017;37:3244-3252 pubmed publisher..It may inhibit the proliferation, invasion and migration of lung cancer through downregulation of Sirt1 expression and activation of cell autophagy. The downregulation of miR-138 is closely related to the development of lung cancer. ..
- Trotta V, Lee W, Loo C, Haghi M, Young P, Scalia S, et al. In vitro biological activity of resveratrol using a novel inhalable resveratrol spray-dried formulation. Int J Pharm. 2015;491:190-7 pubmed publisher..Results presented in this investigation suggested that resveratrol could potentially be developed as a dry powder for inhalation for the treatment of inflammatory lung diseases like COPD. ..
- Min K, Rosania G, Kim C, Shin M. Functional and cytometric examination of different human lung epithelial cell types as drug transport barriers. Arch Pharm Res. 2016;39:359-69 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the Calu-3 cell monolayers could be used as functional cell barriers for the lung-targeted drug transport studies. ..
- Xie C, Cao X, Chen X, Wang D, Zhang W, Sun Y, et al. Mechanosensitivity of wild-type and G551D cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) controls regulatory volume decrease in simple epithelia. FASEB J. 2016;30:1579-89 pubmed publisher..Zhang, W. K., Sun, Y., Hu, W., Zhou, Z., Wang, Y., Huang, P. Mechanosensitivity of wild-type and G551D cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) controls regulatory volume decrease in simple epithelia. ..
- Marchand S, GrÃ©goire N, Brillault J, Lamarche I, Gobin P, Couet W. Biopharmaceutical Characterization of Nebulized Antimicrobial Agents in Rats. 4. Aztreonam. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:3196-8 pubmed publisher..These results confirm that ATM is a low-permeability molecule and a good candidate for nebulization. ..
- Momin M, Sinha S, Tucker I, Doyle C, Das S. Dry powder formulation of kanamycin with enhanced aerosolization efficiency for drug-resistant tuberculosis. Int J Pharm. 2017;528:107-117 pubmed publisher..l-leucine improved the aerosolization of kanamycin by surface modification, which may be helpful for the effective treatment of drug-resistant tuberculosis. ..
- Karavasili C, Bouropoulos N, Sygellou L, Amanatiadou E, Vizirianakis I, Fatouros D. PLGA/DPPC/trimethylchitosan spray-dried microparticles for the nasal delivery of ropinirole hydrochloride: in vitro, ex vivo and cytocompatibility assessment. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2016;59:1053-1062 pubmed publisher..All formulations tested were found to be non-toxic to cells. The results suggest that polymer-lipid microparticles may be a promising carrier for the nasal delivery of RH. ..
- Shiratsuchi H, Wang Z, Chen G, Ray P, Lin J, Zhang Z, et al. Oncogenic Potential of CYP24A1 in Lung Adenocarcinoma. J Thorac Oncol. 2017;12:269-280 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that CYP24A1 has oncogenic properties mediated by increasing RAS signaling, targeting of which may provide an alternate strategy to treat a subset of lung AC. ..
- Hielpos M, Ferrero M, FernÃ¡ndez A, Bonetto J, Giambartolomei G, Fossati C, et al. CCL20 and Beta-Defensin 2 Production by Human Lung Epithelial Cells and Macrophages in Response to Brucella abortus Infection. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0140408 pubmed publisher..abortus and/or to cytokines produced by infected monocytes. Whereas these molecules do not seem to exert antimicrobial activity against this pathogen, they could recruit immune cells to the infection site. ..
- Creager H, Zeng H, Pulit Penaloza J, Maines T, Tumpey T, Belser J. In vitro exposure system for study of aerosolized influenza virus. Virology. 2017;500:62-70 pubmed publisher..This system provides a novel enhancement to traditional in vitro experiments, particularly those focused on the early stages of infection. ..
- Park W. Antiapoptotic effects of caspase inhibitors on H2O2-treated lung cancer cells concerning oxidative stress and GSH. Mol Cell Biochem. 2018;441:125-134 pubmed publisher..The antiapoptotic effects of caspase inhibitors were somewhat related to the suppression of H2O2-induced oxidative stress and GSH depletion. ..
- Martucciello S, Paolella G, Muzashvili T, Skhirtladze A, Pizza C, Caputo I, et al. Steroids from Helleborus caucasicus reduce cancer cell viability inducing apoptosis and GRP78 down-regulation. Chem Biol Interact. 2018;279:43-50 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that selected compounds from H. caucasicus are potential interesting agents in anti-cancer therapy. ..
- Liedtke C, Cody D, Cole T. Differential regulation of Cl- transport proteins by PKC in Calu-3 cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2001;280:L739-47 pubmed
- Tripathi R, Benz N, Culleton B, TrouvÃ© P, FÃ©rec C. Biophysical characterisation of calumenin as a charged F508del-CFTR folding modulator. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e104970 pubmed publisher..Recently, calumenin, a secretory protein, belonging to the CREC family of low affinity calcium binding proteins has been identified ..
- Oyewumi M, Manickavasagam D, Novak K, Wehrung D, Paulic N, Moussa F, et al. Osteoactivin (GPNMB) ectodomain protein promotes growth and invasive behavior of human lung cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2016;7:13932-44 pubmed publisher..Thus, strategies that suppress GPNMB/OA expression on lung cancer cells as well as negate shedding of GPNMB/OA ECD protein are worthy of consideration in lung cancer therapeutics. ..
- Zeng L, Gao Y, Ge X, Zhang Q, Peng C, Yang X, et al. Bat Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome-Like Coronavirus WIV1 Encodes an Extra Accessory Protein, ORFX, Involved in Modulation of the Host Immune Response. J Virol. 2016;90:6573-6582 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the reverse genetics system we constructed will be helpful for study of the pathogenesis of this group of viruses and to develop therapeutics for future control of emerging SARS-like infections. ..
- Lang J, Ying L, Morris B, Sigmund C. Transcriptional and posttranscriptional mechanisms regulate human renin gene expression in Calu-6 cells. Am J Physiol. 1996;271:F94-100 pubmed..Our results suggest that multiple regulatory elements regulate basal transcriptional activity of the hREN gene and the increase in hREN mRNA by cAMP may be mediated by posttranscriptional mechanisms...
- Cuppoletti J, Tewari K, Sherry A, Kupert E, Malinowska D. ClC-2 Cl- channels in human lung epithelia: activation by arachidonic acid, amidation, and acid-activated omeprazole. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2001;281:C46-54 pubmed..Similar results were obtained with buccal cells from healthy individuals and cystic fibrosis patients. The ClC-2 Cl- channel is thus a potential target for therapy in cystic fibrosis...
- Pérez Andreu V, Roldan V, Lopez Fernandez M, Anton A, Alberca I, Corral J, et al. Pharmacogenetics of acenocoumarol in patients with extreme dose requirements. J Thromb Haemost. 2010;8:1012-7 pubmed publisher..Two clinical data, age and BSA, and three SNPs in the VKORC1, CYP2C9 and CYP4F2 genes strongly predict outlier patients treated with acenocoumarol. ..
- Harada T, Ariyoshi N, Shimura H, Sato Y, Yokoyama I, Takahashi K, et al. Application of Akaike information criterion to evaluate warfarin dosing algorithm. Thromb Res. 2010;126:183-90 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to evaluate the warfarin dosing algorithm by AIC. To further improve the dosing algorithm, AIC may be a simple and useful tool to evaluate both the model itself and factors to be incorporated into the algorithm. ..
- Kaushik V, Yakisich J, Azad N, Kulkarni Y, Venkatadri R, Wright C, et al. Anti-Tumor Effects of Cardiac Glycosides on Human Lung Cancer Cells and Lung Tumorspheres. J Cell Physiol. 2017;232:2497-2507 pubmed publisher..J. Cell. Physiol. 232: 2497-2507, 2017. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc...
- Datta A, Sandilands E, Mostov K, Bryant D. Fibroblast-derived HGF drives acinar lung cancer cell polarization through integrin-dependent RhoA-ROCK1 inhibition. Cell Signal. 2017;40:91-98 pubmed publisher..Thus, stromal derived signals can influence morphogenesis in epithelial cells by controlling activation and localization of cell polarity pathways. ..
- Ahdieh M, Vandenbos T, Youakim A. Lung epithelial barrier function and wound healing are decreased by IL-4 and IL-13 and enhanced by IFN-gamma. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2001;281:C2029-38 pubmed..These results demonstrate that IL-4 and IL-13 diminish the capacity of Calu-3 cells to maintain barrier function and repair wounds, whereas IFN-gamma promotes epithelial restitution by enhancing barrier function and wound healing...
- Nagel W, Katz U. Xanthine derivatives without PDE effect stimulate voltage-activated chloride conductance of toad skin. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2003;284:C521-7 pubmed..We propose that the xanthine derivatives increase the voltage sensitivity of a regulative component in the conductive Cl(-) pathway across amphibian skin...
- Kimura R, Kokubo Y, Miyashita K, Otsubo R, Nagatsuka K, Otsuki T, et al. Polymorphisms in vitamin K-dependent gamma-carboxylation-related genes influence interindividual variability in plasma protein C and protein S activities in the general population. Int J Hematol. 2006;84:387-97 pubmed..of gamma-glutamyl carboxylase (GGCX), vitamin K 2, 3-epoxide reductase complex 1 (VKORC1), and the chaperone calumenin (CALU)...
- Gonzalez Conejero R, Corral J, Roldan V, Ferrer F, Sánchez Serrano I, Sánchez Blanco J, et al. The genetic interaction between VKORC1 c1173t and calumenin a29809g modulates the anticoagulant response of acenocoumarol. J Thromb Haemost. 2007;5:1701-6 pubmed..We studied five functional polymorphisms: FVII -323 Del/Ins, CYP2C*9, VKORC1 c1173t, calumenin (CALU) R4Q and CALU a29809g. The dose required for a steady INR was also recorded...
- Carlquist J, Horne B, Mower C, Park J, Huntinghouse J, McKinney J, et al. An evaluation of nine genetic variants related to metabolism and mechanism of action of warfarin as applied to stable dose prediction. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2010;30:358-64 pubmed publisher..Addition of VKORC1 SNP -1639 to a model eliminated the association of VKORC1 3730 with warfarin dose (P-trend = 0.74), but -1639 remained highly significant. No impact on dose was observed for the other tested genetic variants. ..
- Hernandez Romero D, Ruiz Nodar J, Marin F, Tello Montoliu A, Roldan V, Mainar L, et al. CALU A29809G polymorphism in coronary atherothrombosis: Implications for coronary calcification and prognosis. Ann Med. 2010;42:439-46 pubmed publisherArterial calcification is a risk factor for atherosclerosis. Calumenin (CALU), a protein regulating proteins involved in coagulation and arterial calcification also has extracellular functions related to atherosclerosis...
- Wang Y, Li M, Qian S, Zhang Q, Zhou L, Zuo Z, et al. Zolpidem Mucoadhesive Formulations for Intranasal Delivery: Characterization, InÂ Vitro Permeability, Pharmacokinetics, and Nasal Ciliotoxicity in Rats. J Pharm Sci. 2016;105:2840-2847 pubmed publisher..25% hydroxypropyl methylcellulose was found to improve Cmax from 352.6 Â± 86.0 to 555.7 Â± 175.8 ng/mL, and AUC0-inf from 32,890 Â± 7547 to 65,447 Â± 36,996 ngÂ·min/mL with mild nasal ciliotoxicity in rats. ..
- Bossmann M, Ackermann B, Thome U, Laube M. Signaling Cascade Involved in Rapid Stimulation of Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator (CFTR) by Dexamethasone. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Glucocorticoids might thus represent, in addition to their immunomodulatory actions, a therapeutic strategy to rapidly increase airway fluid secretion. ..
- Kimura R, Miyashita K, Kokubo Y, Akaiwa Y, Otsubo R, Nagatsuka K, et al. Genotypes of vitamin K epoxide reductase, gamma-glutamyl carboxylase, and cytochrome P450 2C9 as determinants of daily warfarin dose in Japanese patients. Thromb Res. 2007;120:181-6 pubmed..the contribution of four genes, vitamin K epoxide reductase (VKORC1), gamma-glutamyl carboxylase (GGCX), calumenin (CALU), and cytochrome P450 2C9 (CYP2C9) to the warfarin maintenance dose required in Japanese patients ..
- Cadamuro J, Dieplinger B, Felder T, Kedenko I, Mueller T, Haltmayer M, et al. Genetic determinants of acenocoumarol and phenprocoumon maintenance dose requirements. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2010;66:253-60 pubmed publisher..member 2C9 (CYP2C9), vitamin K epoxide reductase complex subunit 1 (VKORC1), gamma-glutamyl carboxylase (GGCX), calumenin (CALU) and apolipoprotein E (APOE) were studied in 206 patients receiving AC or PC...
- Voora D, Koboldt D, King C, Lenzini P, Eby C, Porche Sorbet R, et al. A polymorphism in the VKORC1 regulator calumenin predicts higher warfarin dose requirements in African Americans. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2010;87:445-51 pubmed publisher..It is not known whether variants in calumenin (CALU) (vitamin K reductase regulator) have an influence on warfarin dose requirements...
- Rodrigues S, Cardoso L, da Costa A, Grenha A. Biocompatibility and Stability of Polysaccharide Polyelectrolyte Complexes Aimed at Respiratory Delivery. Materials (Basel). 2015;8:5647-5670 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results suggest good indications on the application of CS/CHS nanoparticles in respiratory transmucosal protein delivery, but the set of assays should be widened to clarify obtained results. ..
- Salar Behzadi S, Wu S, Mercuri A, Meindl C, Stranzinger S, Fröhlich E. Effect of the pulmonary deposition and in vitro permeability on the prediction of plasma levels of inhaled budesonide formulation. Int J Pharm. 2017;532:337-344 pubmed publisher..The developed model was significantly improved by using realistic lung deposition data combined with experimental data for peripheral permeability. ..
- Li B, Chen P, Wang J, Li L, Gong J, Yao H. Ferrerol overcomes the invasiveness of lung squamous cell carcinoma cells by regulating the expression of inducers of Epithelial Mesenchymal Transition. Microb Pathog. 2017;112:171-175 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that Ferrerol suppresses lung squamous cell carcinoma cell metastatic potential by modulating the expression of EMT proteins. ..
- He L, Chen Y, Yang J. [Investigation on the role and mechanism of prostagland in D2 synthase in non-small cell lung cancer]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2017;97:3022-3027 pubmed publisher..It may be a potential biomarker for the diagnosis and prognosis of NSCLC. However, whether it could be used for the treatment of NSCLC still needs more research...
- Park W. MAPK inhibitors, particularly the JNK inhibitor, increase cell death effects in H2O2-treated lung cancer cells via increased superoxide anion and glutathione depletion. Oncol Rep. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The enhanced effect of MAPK inhibitors, especially the JNK inhibitor, on cell death in H2O2-treated lung cancer cells was correlated with increased O2•- levels and GSH depletion...