Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: calcitonin
Description: calcitonin related polypeptide alpha
Alias: CALC1, CGRP, CGRP-I, CGRP1, PCT, calcitonin, calcitonin gene-related peptide 1, alpha-type CGRP, calcitonin 1, calcitonin gene-related peptide I, calcitonin/calcitonin-related polypeptide, alpha, katacalcin
Publications576 found, 100 shown here
- Solution structure of human calcitonin gene-related peptide by 1H NMR and distance geometry with restrained molecular dynamicsA L Breeze
Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, U K
Biochemistry 30:575-82. 1991The structure of human calcitonin gene-related peptide 1 (hCGRP-1) has been determined by 1H NMR in a mixed-solvent system of 50% trifluoroethanol/50% H2O at pH 3.7 and 27 degrees C...
- RAMPs regulate the transport and ligand specificity of the calcitonin-receptor-like receptorL M McLatchie
Receptor Systems and Cell Biology Units, Glaxo Wellcome Medicines Research Centre, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, UK
Nature 393:333-9. 1998b>Calcitonin-gene-related peptide (CGRP) and adrenomedullin are related peptides with distinct pharmacological profiles...
- Increased blood pressure in alpha-calcitonin gene-related peptide/calcitonin gene knockout miceP R Gangula
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Internal Medicine, and Anatomy and Neurosciences, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 1062, USA
Hypertension 35:470-5. 2000Nerves that contain calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) are components of the sensory nervous system...
- The role of the 8-18 helix of CGRP8-37 in mediating high affinity binding to CGRP receptors; coulombic and steric interactionsStephen G Howitt
Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Institute, Aston University, Birmingham, B4 7ET
Br J Pharmacol 138:325-32. 20031. The role of individual residues in the 8-18 helix of CGRP(8-37) in promoting high-affinity binding to CGRP(1) receptors expressed on rat L6 and human SK-N-MC cells has been examined...
- Molecular approximation between a residue in the amino-terminal region of calcitonin and the third extracellular loop of the class B G protein-coupled calcitonin receptorMaoqing Dong
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, Scottsdale, Arizona 85259, USA
J Biol Chem 279:31177-82. 2004The calcitonin receptor is a member of the class B family of G protein-coupled receptors, which contains numerous potentially important drug targets...
- CGRP inhibits osteoprotegerin production in human osteoblast-like cells via cAMP/PKA-dependent pathwayI Villa
Department of Pharmacology, Chemotherapy and Medical Toxicology, University of Milan, Via Vanvitelli 32, 20129 Milan, Italy
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 291:C529-37. 2006..Primary cultures of human osteoblast-like cells (hOB) express calcitonin receptor-like receptor (CLR) and receptor activity modifying protein 1, and, because CGRP stimulates cAMP (one ..
- Procalcitonin for the clinical laboratory: a reviewHans Gerhard Schneider
Clinical Biochemistry Unit, Alfred Pathology Service, The Alfred Hospital, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Pathology 39:383-90. 2007..It has obtained FDA approval and is now widely marketed in the United States and Europe. This review summarises the current assays available, the evidence for its use and possible future applications of the assay...
- Assessment of the prognostic value of certain acute-phase proteins and procalcitonin in the prognosis of acute pancreatitisAnna Gurda-Duda
Department of General and GI Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Medical College, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Pancreas 37:449-53. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the role of serum amyloid A, C-reactive protein, procalcitonin, and routinely measured parameters in the early prediction of the course of AP...
- Procalcitonin values after dialysis is closely related to type of dialysis membraneMartina Montagnana
Sezione di Chimica Clinica, Dipartimento di Scienze Morfologico Biomediche, Ospedale Policlinico G B Rossi, Piazzale Scuro, 10, Verona 37134, Italy
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 69:703-7. 2009..In this setting, procalcitonin (PCT) could be useful for detection of systemic bacterial infections.
- The value of procalcitonin at predicting the severity of acute pancreatitis and development of infected pancreatic necrosis: systematic reviewReza Mofidi
Department of Clinical and Surgical Sciences Surgery, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Surgery 146:72-81. 2009Many studies have evaluated serum levels of procalcitonin (PCT) as a predictor in the development of severe acute pancreatitis (SAP) and infected pancreatic necrosis (IPN)...
- [Comparison of diagnostic utility between procalcitonin and C-reactive protein for the patients with blood culture-positive sepsis]Mina Hur
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Konkuk University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Lab Med 29:529-35. 2009Procalcitonin (PCT) is a relatively new marker for bacterial infections, and its diagnostic utility has been variable across the studies...
- Prognostic value of inflammatory markers (notably cytokines and procalcitonin), nutritional assessment, and organ function in patients with sepsisMarta Suárez-Santamaría
Biochemistry Laboratory, University Hospital of the Canary Islands, Tenerife, Spain
Eur Cytokine Netw 21:19-26. 2010..Our objective was to determine the prognostic value of procalcitonin determined at the onset of sepsis, and to compare it with other markers of inflammatory response, malnutrition and organ dysfunction data...
- Prognostic value of procalcitonin in community-acquired pneumoniaP Schuetz
Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Eur Respir J 37:384-92. 2011The prognostic value of procalcitonin (PCT) levels to predict mortality and other adverse events in community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) remains undefined...
- Predictive value of procalcitonin decrease in patients with severe sepsis: a prospective observational studySari Karlsson
Department of Intensive Care Medicine, Tampere University Hospital, Teiskontie 35, 33521 Tampere, Finland
Crit Care 14:R205. 2010This prospective study investigated the predictive value of procalcitonin (PCT) for survival in 242 adult patients with severe sepsis and septic shock treated in intensive care.
- Extracellular loops 1 and 3 and their associated transmembrane regions of the calcitonin receptor-like receptor are needed for CGRP receptor functionJames Barwell
School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Birmingham, B4 7ET, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1813:1906-16. 2011..an alanine/leucine scan of ECLs 1 and 3 and loop-associated transmembrane (TM) domains of the secretin-like GPCR calcitonin receptor-like receptor which associates with receptor activity modifying protein 1 to form the CGRP receptor...
- Effects of CGRP on human osteoclast-like cell formation: a possible connection with the bone loss in neurological disorders?A Akopian
Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, at CHU Brugmann, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, 4 Place Van Gehuchten, 1020 Brussels, Belgium
Peptides 21:559-64. 2000..Among the neuropeptides recently described in bone, calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) has been shown in animal studies to inhibit bone resorption in vivo and OCL-like ..
- Identification of four novel polymorphisms in the calcitonin/alpha-CGRP (CALCA) gene and an investigation of their possible associations with Parkinson disease, schizophrenia, and manic depressionS Buervenich
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Berzelius väg 3, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
Hum Mutat 17:435-6. 2001We identified novel polymorphisms in the calcitonin/CGRPalpha (CALCA) gene by direct sequencing of genomic DNA and subsequent genotyping by RFLP (restriction fragment length polymorphism) detection and investigated association with ..
- Calcitonin gene polymorphism CALCA-624 (T/C) and ovarian cancerMarc T Goodman
Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, University of Hawaii, 1236 Lauhala Street, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Environ Mol Mutagen 46:53-8. 2005..2002. Am J Epidemiol 156:148-57). The CALCA gene codes for calcitonin, an important regulator of bone calcium metabolism...
- Association between the calcitonin-related peptide alpha (CALCA) gene and essential hypertension in Japanese subjectsAkihiko Morita
Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Hypertens 20:527-32. 2007b>Calcitonin-related peptide alpha (CALCA) is a neuropeptide that is a very potent vasodilator. It has been reported that CALCA knockout mice have a significantly elevated systolic blood pressure (BP)...
- Endothelin-converting enzyme-1 regulates endosomal sorting of calcitonin receptor-like receptor and beta-arrestinsBenjamin E Padilla
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Cell Biol 179:981-97. 2007..b>Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) co-internalizes with calcitonin receptor-like receptor (CLR), receptor activity-..
- Calcitonin gene-related peptide biases Langerhans cells toward Th2-type immunityWanhong Ding
Department of Dermatology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Immunol 181:6020-6. 2008..LC are associated with nerves containing the neuropeptide calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), and CGRP inhibits LC Ag-presentation in several models including presentation to a ..
- BCL2-938C>A and CALCA-1786T>C polymorphisms in aseptic loosened total hip arthroplastyChristian Wedemeyer
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Duisburg Essen, Germany
Eur J Med Res 14:250-5. 2009..The CALCA -1786T>C polymorphism belongs to the CALCA gene encoding alpha-Calcitonin Gene Related Peptide (CGRP) and Calcitonin...
- Procalcitonin for reduced antibiotic exposure in ventilator-associated pneumonia: a randomised studyD Stolz
Clinic of Pulmonary Medicine and Respiratory Cell Research, University Hospital, Petersgraben 4, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Eur Respir J 34:1364-75. 2009..Serum procalcitonin reduces antibiotic therapy exposure in patients with ventilator associated pneumonia...
- Temporal and spatial CGRP innervation in recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein induced spinal fusion in rabbitsXiao Yun Wang
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 34:2363-8. 2009..Animal experiment using a rabbit posterolateral intertransverse process fusion model...
- Effect of calcitonin gene-related peptide on nitric oxide production in osteoblasts: an experimental studyLi Yan
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Xingqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, Peoples Republic of China
Cell Biol Int 35:757-65. 2011The aim of this study was to investigate the in vitro effects and regulatory mechanism of CGRP (calcitonin gene-related peptide) on NO (nitric oxide) production in osteoblasts...
- Comparison of serum procalcitonin with Ranson, APACHE-II, Glasgow and Balthazar CT severity index scores in predicting severity of acute pancreatitisSu Mi Woo
Department of Internal Medicine, Dong A University College of Medicine, Busan, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 58:31-7. 2011The aim of this study is to assess serum procalcitonin (PCT) for early prediction of severe acute pancreatitis compared with multiple scoring systems and biomarkers.
- High concentrations of procalcitonin but not mature calcitonin in normal human milkJ Struck
Research Laboratories, B R A H M S AG, Biotechnology Center Hennigsdorf, Hennigsdorf, Germany
Horm Metab Res 34:460-5. 2002Procalcitonin (PCT) is one of the precursors in the synthesis of calcitonin in thyroidal C-cells and other neuroendocrine cells...
- Contribution of interleukin-1 beta to the inflammation-induced increase in nerve growth factor levels and inflammatory hyperalgesiaB Safieh Garabedian
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London
Br J Pharmacol 115:1265-75. 1995..IL-1 beta) and nerve growth factor (NGF) levels in the inflamed tissue and of the peptides, substance P and calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) in the L4 dorsal root ganglion 48 h post CFA injection. 3...
- Interaction of human adrenomedullin 13-52 with calcitonin gene-related peptide receptors in the microvasculature of the rat and hamsterJ M Hall
Biomedical Sciences Division, King s College London
Br J Pharmacol 114:592-7. 1995..circulating hypotensive peptide, shares limited sequence homology with the sensory nerve-derived vasodilator, calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP)...
- Inhibition by SR 140333 of NK1 tachykinin receptor-evoked, nitric oxide-dependent vasodilatation in the hamster cheek pouch microvasculature in vivoJ M Hall
Biomedical Sciences Division, King s College London
Br J Pharmacol 113:522-6. 1994..SR140333 (10 nM) did not inhibit submaximal dilator responses evoked by human alpha calcitonin gene-related peptide (alpha CGRPh; 1.0 nM; P > 0.05; n = 5)...
- Characterization of the structural and functional properties of cloned calcitonin receptor cDNAsS R Goldring
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
Horm Metab Res 25:477-80. 1993..Both CTRs demonstrate low affinity binding and AC activation in response to calcitonin gene related peptide, amylin or secretin, providing a possible explanation for the cross-reactivity among these ..
- Profile of capsaicin-induced mouse ear oedema as neurogenic inflammatory model: comparison with arachidonic acid-induced ear oedemaH Inoue
Research Laboratory, Minophagen Pharmaceutical Co, Kanagawa, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 110:1614-20. 1993..v.), an aminopeptidase, failed to enhance oedema formation. 5. Neuropeptides (1-100 pmol per site) such as rat calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), SP, neurokinin A (NKA), and vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), which are released ..
- Deficiency of tumor necrosis factor alpha in a subclass of menstrual migraineursL Mueller
Department of Family Medicine, University Headache Center, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Moorestown, NJ 08057, USA
Headache 41:129-37. 2001..Vasoactive substances involved in this process may include substance P, calcitonin gene-related peptide, neurokinin A, serotonin, and nitric oxide...
- The influence of the trigeminal ganglion on carotid blood flow in anaesthetized guinea-pigsD T Beattie
Pharmacology II, Glaxo Research and Development Ltd, Ware, Herts
Br J Pharmacol 112:262-6. 1994..3 mg kg-1) and CP-99,994 (0.4 mg kg-1), calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) receptor antagonist, CGRP8-37 (0...
- Characterization of the receptor and the mechanisms underlying the inflammatory response induced by des-Arg9-BK in mouse pleurisyR M Vianna
Department of Pharmacology, Centre of Biological Sciences, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, , Brazil
Br J Pharmacol 123:281-91. 1998..An i.t. injection of the calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) receptor antagonist CGRP8-37 (1 nmol per site), administered 5 min before pleurisy ..
- Substance P theory: a unique focus on the painful and painless phenomena of cluster headacheF Sicuteri
Institute of Internal Medicine and Therapy, IV, University of Florence, Italy
Headache 30:69-79. 1990..of the iris in CH); substance P (SP) and allied transmitters such as Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide (VIP) and Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide (CGRP) are the main agonists of this dual afferent-efferent function; b) impaired pain ..
- [Role of neuropeptides in dermatology]I Sanchez-Carpintero
Departamento de Dermatologia, Clinica Universitaria, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Espana
Rev Neurol 25:S222-31. 1997..In this article we attempt to study the role played by some of these substances such as substance P (SP), calcitonin gene related peptide (CGRP), neuropeptide Y (NPY), vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), somatostatin (S), and ..
- Inhibition of natural killer activity by calcitonin gene-related peptideY Umeda
Department of Chemotherapy and Biochemistry, Nippon Roche Research Center, Kamakura, Japan
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 11:309-20. 1989The effect of calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) on natural killer (NK) cell activity in spleen cells from Balb/c mice and nude mice was studied...
- Potentiation by tonic A2a-adenosine receptor activation of CGRP-facilitated [3H]-ACh release from rat motor nerve endingsP Correia-de-Sá
Laboratory of Pharmacology, ICBAS, University of Oporto, Portugal
Br J Pharmacol 111:582-8. 19941. The effect of calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) on [3H]-acetylcholine ([3H]-ACh) release from motor nerve endings and its interaction with presynaptic facilitatory A2a-adenosine and nicotinic acetylcholine receptors was studied on ..
- Calcitonin gene-related peptide receptors in human gastrointestinal epitheliaH M Cox
Department of Pharmacology, Royal College of Surgeons of England, London
Br J Pharmacol 113:1243-8. 19941. The secretory responses to calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) receptor agonists have been characterized in two human adenocarcinoma cell lines, namely HCA-7 and Colony-29 (Col-29) epithelia...
- Modulating effects of sensory and autonomic neuropeptides on murine splenocyte proliferation and cytokine secretion induced by Leishmania majorA A Ahmed
Department of Dermatology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 21:507-26. 1999..b>Calcitonin gene-related peptide enhanced IFN-gamma secretion in susceptible mouse splenocytes at 10(-6), 10(-7) and 10(-9) ..
- Neural regulation of the pulmonary vasculature in a semi-arboreal snake, Elaphe obsoletaJ A Donald
Department of Zoology, University of Florida, Gainesville 32611
J Comp Physiol B 159:677-85. 1990..The distribution of calcitonin gene-related peptide- and SP-LI axons was similar suggesting that the axons are sensory nerves...
- Innervation of the spinal dura. Myth or reality?R Kumar
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Ohio, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 21:18-26. 1996..The posterior longitudinal ligament and peridural membrane were also examined for these elements...
- Altered microvascular reactivity to endothelin-1, endothelin-3 and NG-nitro-L-arginine methyl ester in streptozotocin-induced diabetes mellitusE Lawrence
Pharmacology Group, Biomedical Sciences Division, King s College, London
Br J Pharmacol 106:1035-40. 1992..3 and 3 pmol/site) and vasodilatation to the neuropeptide calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP, 1O pmol/site) were similarly reduced in the diabetic rats (P <0.05).5...
- Neuropeptides modulate a murine monocyte/macrophage cell line capacity for phagocytosis and killing of Leishmania major parasitesA A Ahmed
Department of Dermatology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 23:397-409. 2001..7). The sensory neuropeptides somatostatin (SOM), calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) and substance P (SP) suppressed the macrophage capacity for phagocytosing L...
- Impaired sensory-motor nerve function in the isolated mesenteric arterial bed of streptozotocin-diabetic and ganglioside-treated streptozotocin-diabetic ratsV Ralevic
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London
Br J Pharmacol 110:1105-11. 1993..Vasodilator responses to exogenously applied calcitonin gene-related peptide, the principal vasodilator transmitter released from these nerves, were not different ..
- Acute cardiovascular and renal effects of human calcitonin gene-related peptideC Gennari
Institute of Medical Semeiotics, University of Siena, Italy
Am J Hypertens 2:45S-49S. 1989Acute cardiovascular and renal effects of 25 micrograms IV human calcitonin gene-related peptide (hCGRP) have been studied in four normotensive and untreated subjects, in the absence and the presence of indomethacin, a prostaglandin ..
- Capsaicin-induced relaxation in the rat isolated external urethral sphincter: characterization of the vanilloid receptor and mediation by CGRPM Parlani
Menarini Ricerche Sud, Pharmacology Department, Pomezia, Rome, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 110:989-94. 1993..3. Capsaicin-induced relaxation of NA-precontracted REUS was mimicked by calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP, 0...
- Postjunctional inhibitory effect of the NK2 receptor antagonist, SR 48968, on sensory NANC bronchoconstriction in the guinea-pigY P Lou
Department of Pharmacology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Pharmacol 109:765-73. 1993..However, the same concentration of SR 48968 did not affect the release of neuropeptide calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP)-like immunoreactivity (LI) evoked by either vagal stimulation or capsaicin in the ..
- Involvement of B1 and B2 receptors in bradykinin-induced rat paw oedemaM M Campos
Department of Pharmacology, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, , Brazil
Br J Pharmacol 114:1005-13. 1995..03 +/- 0.01 ml). 3. Co-administration of prostaglandin E2 (PGE2), prostaglandin I2 (PGI2), calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT), substance P (SP) or platelet activating factor (PAF) (1 ..
- The modulation of inflammatory oedema by calcitonin gene-related peptideP Newbold
Biomedical Sciences Division, King s College, London
Br J Pharmacol 108:705-10. 19931. The effect of calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) when given with or as a pretreatment to oedema inducing agents was investigated in the skin and paws of male Wistar and Sprague Dawley rats. 2...
- Characterization of thermal hyperalgesia, c-fos expression, and alterations in neuropeptides after mechanical irritation of the dorsal root ganglionK Chatani
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kyoto Prefecture Yosanoumi Hospital, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:277-89; discussion 290. 1995..Substance P, calcitonin gene-related peptide, and c-fos expression also were examined in the spinal cord by immunohistochemistry...
- An anatomic study of neuropeptide immunoreactivities in the lumbar dura mater after lumbar sympathectomyY Sekiguchi
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Fukushima Medical College, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 21:925-30. 1996..Density of calcitonin gene-related peptide immunoreactive fibers in sympathectomy side of the lumbar dura mater decreased to 45...
- Effects of interactions of naturally-occurring neuropeptides on blood flow in the rat knee jointF Y Lam
Institute of Physiology, University of Glasgow
Br J Pharmacol 108:694-9. 1993..3. Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) produced dose-dependent vasodilatation which was more pronounced than that produced ..
- An investigation into the mechanism of capsaicin-induced oedema in rabbit skinP Newbold
Pharmacology Group, King s College, London
Br J Pharmacol 114:570-7. 1995..induced by intradermal histamine (3 nmol) and bradykinin (1 nmol), when in the presence of vasodilator doses of calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) (3 pmol) or prostaglandin E1, (PGE1) (10 pmol), was significantly inhibited (P < ..
- Innervation of the spondylolysis "ligament"S M Eisenstein
Centre for Spinal Studies, Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital, Oswestry, Shropshire, United Kingdom
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 19:912-6. 1994..Histochemistry involved immunostaining for the neuropeptides: protein gene product, calcitonin gene related peptide, substance P, vasoactive intestinal peptide, and the c-flanking peptide of neuropeptide Y...
- Silver impregnation and immunohistochemical study of nerves in lumbar facet joint plical tissueM Gronblad
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Helsinki, Central Hospital, Finland
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 16:34-8. 1991..Heterologous antisera to protein gene product (PGP) 9.5, substance P, calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), and galanin were used to stain nerves...
- Symptomatic lumbar spondylolysis. Neuroimmunologic studiesD Nordstrom
Fourth Department of Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 19:2752-8. 1994..This study characterized the defect using neuroimmunologic and inflammatory cell analysis...
- An immunohistochemical study of innervation of lumbar spinal dura and longitudinal ligamentsS Kallakuri
Wayne State University, Bioengineering Center, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:403-11. 1998..A population of substance P, calcitonin gene-related peptide, and tyrosine hydroxylase-reactive nerve fibers were observed in all the tissues...
- Action of calcitonin gene-related peptide at the calcitonin receptor of the T47D cell lineF Raue
Abteilung Innere Med. I, Endokrinologie und Stoffwechsel, , Germany
Horm Metab Res 19:563-4. 1987Some effects of calcitonin (CT) can also be produced by calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), an alternative product of the calcitonin gene. This might be mediated by interaction of CGRP at the CT-receptor site...
- Whole-body autoradiography of 123I-labelled islet amyloid polypeptide (IAPP). Accumulation in the lung parenchyma and in the villi of the intestinal mucosa in ratsM Stridsberg
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Oncol 32:155-9. 1993..in a 37 amino-acid pancreatic islet polypeptide, displaying about 50% amino-acid homology with neuropeptide calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP)...
- Lithium inhibits substance P and vasoactive intestinal peptide-induced relaxations on isolated porcine ophthalmic arteryM B Vincent
Department of Neurology, Trondheim University Hospital, Norway
Headache 32:335-9. 1992..of cluster headache and related diseases by liberating neuropeptides such as substance P (SP) and calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) in the eye-forehead region...
- Islet amyloid polypeptide (IAPP). A short reviewM Stridsberg
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Oncol 30:451-6. 1991..It consists of 37 amino acids and displays about 50% homology with the neuropeptide calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP)...
- Modulation of immune function by intestinal neuropeptidesL P Sirinek
Department of Pediatrics, Ohio State University, Columbus
Acta Oncol 30:509-17. 1991..Peptides to be discussed include substance P, somatostatin, vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), the opioid peptides leu and met enkephalin, calcitonin gene related peptide (CGRP), neuropeptide Y, and cholecystokinin (CCK).
- Hypotensive effect of 13-hydroxylinoleic acid in the rat: mediation via the release of a CGRP-like mediator from capsaicin-sensitive nervesD van Heuven Nolsen
Department of Pharmacology, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Br J Pharmacol 115:835-9. 1995..5. Ruthenium red (120 micrograms kg-1 min-1), an inhibitor of excitatory effects on sensory nerves, and the CGRP antagonist, CGRP8-37 (1-3 micrograms kg-1 min-1) also inhibited the hypotensive effect of 13-HODE. 6...
- Evidence for ETA and ETB receptors in rat skin and an investigation of their function in the cutaneous microvasculatureE Lawrence
Biomedical Sciences Division, King s College, London
Br J Pharmacol 115:840-4. 1995..oedema formation as measured by [125I]-albumin accumulation in the presence or absence of the vasodilator, calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP)...
- Sensory and autonomic innervation of the facet joint in the rat lumbar spineM Ahmed
Department of Orthopaedics, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 18:2121-6. 1993..Substance P and calcitonin gene-related peptide immunoreactivities, representing sensory nerves, were observed as varicose fibers in the ..
- Effect of bradykinin and prostaglandins on the release of calcitonin gene-related peptide-like immunoreactivity from the rat spinal cord in vitroL Andreeva
Sandoz Institute for Medical Research, London
Br J Pharmacol 108:185-90. 19931. The release of calcitonin gene-related peptide-like immunoreactivity (CGRP-LI) from the dorsal horn of the rat spinal cord in vitro in response to dorsal root stimulation was measured by radioimmunoassay. 2...
- Current concepts in gastric microcirculatory pathophysiologyP H Guth
Medical Service, VA Medical Center West Los Angeles, CA 90073
Yale J Biol Med 65:677-88. 1992..back-diffusion, and, when this process occurs, signal for a protective increase in blood flow via release of calcitonin gene-related peptide from the submucosal periarteriolar fibers...
- Neuroimmunohistochemical analysis of peridiscal nociceptive neural elementsY T Konttinen
Fourth Department of Medicine, University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 15:383-6. 1990..presence of neurofilament-positive neural elements containing nociceptive neuropeptides substance P (SP) and/or calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP)...
- Innervation of the lumbar facet joints. Origins and functionsK Suseki
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, Chiba University, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 22:477-85. 1997..The dorsal ramus of the spinal nerve and rami communicantes were connected to each other by calcitonin gene-related peptide immunoreactive fibers and dopamine beta-hydroxylase immunoreactive fibers...
- Effect of the tachykinin NK1 receptor antagonists, RP 67580 and SR 140333, on electrically-evoked substance P release from rat spinal cordM Malcangio
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, London
Br J Pharmacol 113:635-41. 1994..3 +/- 2.5 fmol/8 ml, n = 10). 3. RP 67580 (10 nM) did not modify electrically-evoked release of calcitonin gene-related peptide-LI from rat spinal cord slices. 4...
- Joint 1994 Wolff Award Presentation. Peripheral and central trigeminovascular activation in cat is blocked by the serotonin (5HT)-1D receptor agonist 311C90P J Goadsby
Department of Neurology, Prince Henry Hospital, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Headache 34:394-9. 1994..It has been shown that certain peptides can act as markers for the trigeminal system, in particular calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), and that CGRP is elevated in migraine...
- The paradoxical vascular interactions between endothelin-1 and calcitonin gene-related peptide in the rat gastric mucosal microcirculationJ Lopez Belmonte
Department of Pharmacology, Wellcome Research Laboratories, Beckenham, Kent
Br J Pharmacol 110:496-500. 19931. The interactions between local intra-arterial infusion of endothelin-1 (ET-1) and rat alpha-calcitonin gene-related peptide (alpha-CGRP) on gastric mucosal damage and blood flow have been investigated in the pentobarbitone-..
- Dually innervating nociceptive networks in the rat lumbar posterior longitudinal ligamentsS Imai
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Shiga University of Medical Science, Otsu shi, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:2086-92. 1995..METHODS. Rat posterior longitudinal ligaments of whole thickness was immunohistochemically stained for calcitonin gene-related peptide and tyrosine hydroxylase, which have been considered markers of nociceptive and ..
- Direct innervation of sensory fibers from the dorsal root ganglion of the cervical dura mater of ratsH Yamada
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:1524-9; discussion 1529-30. 1998..Some calcitonin gene-related peptide immunoreactive fibers in the dorsal root ganglion were directly innervated from dorsal root ..
- Influence of peripheral targets on the expression of calcitonin gene-related peptide immunoreactivity in rat cranial motoneuronesP N McWilliam
Institute for Cardiovascular Research, Research School of Medicine, University of Leeds, United Kingdom
J Neurobiol 28:506-14. 1995b>Calcitonin gene-related peptide-like immunoreactivity (CGRP-ir) is displayed by motoneurons that innervate striated muscle but is absent from preganglionic parasympathetic motoneurons...
- Effect of a calcitonin gene-related peptide antagonist (CGRP8-37) on skin vasodilatation and oedema induced by stimulation of the rat saphenous nerveK J Escott
Division of Biomedical Sciences, King s College, London
Br J Pharmacol 110:772-6. 19931. The effect of the calcitonin gene-related peptide antagonist (CGRP8-37, 400 nmol kg-1, i.v...
- Regional haemodynamic effects of human and rat adrenomedullin in conscious ratsS M Gardiner
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Nottingham Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre
Br J Pharmacol 114:584-91. 1995..to compare the responses to human adrenomedullin to those of human alpha-CGRP in the absence and presence of the CGRP1-receptor antagonist, human alpha-CGRP [8-37], and to determine the involvement of nitric oxide (NO)-mediated ..
- Calciotropic hormones in human and experimental hypertensionL M Resnick
Cardiovascular Center, New York Hospital, Cornell Medical Center, New York
Am J Hypertens 3:171S-178S. 1990..Recent research provides evidence that parathyroid hormone, calcitonin, 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D, as well as newly described factors such as calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), ..
- Sensory innervation of the lumbar dura mater passing through the sympathetic trunk in ratsY Konnai
Departments of Orthopaedic Surgery and Anatomy, Fukushima Medical College, Fukushima, and the Department of Anatomy, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:776-82. 2000..To establish the sensory property, the materials were processed in immunohistochemistry for calcitonin gene-related peptide...
- In vivo pharmacological characterization of the non-peptide endothelin receptor antagonist SB 209670S A Douglas
Department of Cardiovascular, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406 0939
Br J Pharmacol 114:405-13. 1995..The haemodynamic actions of angiotensin II and calcitonin gene-related peptide were unaltered by 100 micrograms kg-1 min-1 (+/-)-SB 209670. 4. Bolus i.v...
- Modulation of nocioceptive transmission with calcitonin gene-related peptide receptor antagonists in the thalamusOliver Summ
Headache Group Department of Neurology, University of California San Francisco, 1701 Divisadero St, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Brain 133:2540-8. 2010b>Calcitonin gene-related peptide receptor antagonists are effective acute migraine treatments without the vascular contraindications associated with triptans...
- Colonic vascular conductance increased by Daikenchuto via calcitonin gene-related peptide and receptor-activity modifying protein 1Toru Kono
Division of Gastroenterologic and General Surgery, Department of Surgery, Asahikawa Medical College, Hokkaido, Japan
J Surg Res 150:78-84. 2008..DKT may increase gastrointestinal motility by an up-regulation of the calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP). CGRP is also the most powerful vasoactive substance...
- Differential distribution of calcitonin gene-related peptide and its receptor components in the human trigeminal ganglionS Eftekhari
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Experimental Vascular Research, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Neuroscience 169:683-96. 2010b>Calcitonin gene related peptide (CGRP) has a key role in migraine and recently CGRP receptor antagonists have demonstrated clinical efficacy in the treatment of migraine...
- The second intracellular loop of the calcitonin gene-related peptide receptor provides molecular determinants for signal transduction and cell surface expressionAlex C Conner
School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 281:1644-51. 2006The calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) receptor is a heterodimer of a family B G-protein-coupled receptor, calcitonin receptor-like receptor (CLR), and the accessory protein receptor activity modifying protein 1...
- Novel peptide antagonists of adrenomedullin and calcitonin gene-related peptide receptors: identification, pharmacological characterization, and interactions with position 74 in receptor activity-modifying protein 1/3Samuel D Robinson
School of Biological Sciences, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 331:513-21. 2009Human adrenomedullin (AM) is a 52-amino acid peptide belonging to the calcitonin peptide family, which also includes calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) and AM2...
- Deletions of genes encoding calcitonin/alpha-CGRP, amylin and calcitonin receptor have given new and unexpected insights into the function of calcitonin receptors and calcitonin receptor-like receptors in boneU H Lerner
Department of Oral Cell Biology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact 6:87-95. 2006..Recently, gene deletion experiments have shown that calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), one of the neuropeptides present in skeletal nerve fibers, is an important ..
- Intermedin is a calcitonin/calcitonin gene-related peptide family peptide acting through the calcitonin receptor-like receptor/receptor activity-modifying protein receptor complexesJaesook Roh
Division of Reproductive Biology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5317, USA
J Biol Chem 279:7264-74. 2004b>Calcitonin, calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), adrenomedullin (ADM), and amylin belong to a unique group of peptide hormones important for homeostasis in diverse tissues...
- The influence of brain injury or peripheral nerve injury on calcitonin gene-related peptide concentration variation and fractures healing processDianying Zhang
Department of Trauma Orthopedics, People s Hospital, Peking University, Beijing, China
Artif Cells Blood Substit Immobil Biotechnol 37:85-91. 2009To investigate the changes of calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) in rat's blood plasma, spinal anterior motorneuron, and dorsal root ganglion (DRG) after fractures combined with central or peripheral nerve injuries and its influence ..
- Identification of N-terminal receptor activity-modifying protein residues important for calcitonin gene-related peptide, adrenomedullin, and amylin receptor functionTao Qi
School of Biological Sciences, University of Auckland, Symonds Street, Auckland, New Zealand
Mol Pharmacol 74:1059-71. 2008b>Calcitonin-family receptors comprise calcitonin receptor-like receptor (CL) or calcitonin receptor and receptor activity-modifying protein (RAMP) pairings...
- Involvement of multiple receptors in the biological effects of calcitonin gene-related peptide and amylin in rat and guinea-pig preparationsS Giuliani
Pharmacology Department, A Menarini Pharmaceuticals, Florence, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 107:510-4. 19921. The activity of rat alpha and beta calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) as compared to the structurally related peptide, rat amylin, has been investigated in the guinea-pig isolated left atrium (electrically driven), in mucosa-free ..
- An ultrastructural study of calcitonin gene-related peptide-immunoreactive nerve fibers innervating the rat posterior longitudinal ligament. A morphologic basis for their possible efferent actionsS Imai
Department of Anatomy, University of Helsinki, Finland
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 22:1941-7. 1997STUDY DESIGN: The present study investigated ultrastructural characteristics of calcitonin gene-related peptide-immunoreactive nerve fibers in the posterior longitudinal ligament of the rat lumbar spine...
- Neonatal sciatic nerve section results in thiamine monophosphate but not substance P or calcitonin gene-related peptide depletion from the terminal field in the dorsal horn of the rat: the role of collateral sproutingM L Reynolds
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, U K
Neuroscience 51:191-202. 1992The expression of substance P, calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) and thiamine monophosphatase in the sciatic nerve terminal field of the lumbar dorsal horn of the rat was examined following neonatal sciatic nerve section and ligation...
- Calcitonin gene-related peptide receptor expression in the neurons and glia of developing rat cerebellum: an autoradiographic and immunohistochemical analysisS Morara
Istituto Neuroscienze e Bioimmagini CNR, 20131, Milano, Italy
Neuroscience 100:381-91. 2000Quantitative autoradiography (using [125I]human alpha-calcitonin gene-related peptide as a ligand) and immunofluorescence (using monoclonal antibodies directed against a purified receptor) followed by confocal analysis were applied to ..
- Calcitonin gene related peptide (CGRP) inhibits norepinephrine induced apoptosis in cultured rat cardiomyocytes not via PKA or PKC pathwaysFu Ping Zhao
Department of Anesthesiology, Shanxi Medical University, Taiyuan, Shanxi, China
Neurosci Lett 482:163-6. 2010Evidence showed overrelease of norepinephrine can induce apoptosis in ventricle myocytes. Calcitonin gene related peptide and norepinephrine could be simultaneously up-regulated in early time of acute myocardial ischemia, suggesting a co-..
- Functional calcitonin gene-related peptide subtype 2 receptors in porcine coronary arteries are identified as calcitonin gene-related peptide subtype 1 receptors by radioligand binding and reverse transcription-polymerase chain reactionB R Rorabaugh
Department of Pharmacology, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska 68178, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 299:1086-94. 2001b>Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) receptors are classified into CGRP subtype 1 (CGRP(1)) and CGRP subtype 2 (CGRP(2)) based on the affinity of the antagonist, human alpha (halpha)-CGRP(8-37)...
- Changes in the mRNA expression pattern, with special reference to calcitonin gene-related peptide, after axonal injuries in rat motoneurons depends on age and type of injuryF Piehl
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Exp Brain Res 119:191-204. 1998..after a peripheral nerve transection in the adult animal is characterized by a robust upregulation of alpha-calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) messenger RNA (mRNA) together with mRNAs encoding cytoskeletal and growth-related ..
- Levels of vasoactive intestinal peptide, cholecystokinin and calcitonin gene-related peptide in plasma and jejunum of rats following traumatic brain injury and underlying significance in gastrointestinal dysfunctionChun Hua Hang
Department of Neurosurgery, Jinling Hospital, 305 East Zhongshan Road, Nanjing 210002, Jiangsu Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:875-80. 2004..To study the alterations of brain-gut peptides following traumatic brain injury (TBI) and to explore the underlying significance of these peptides in the complicated gastrointestinal dysfunction...
- Effects of calcitonin gene-related peptide on apoptosis of peripheral blood mononuclear cells from patients with systemic lupus erythematosusC Liu
Department of Dermatology, Affiliated Hospital of Yunyang Medical College, Shiyan, China
Clin Exp Dermatol 32:650-3. 2007Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is an autoimmune disease with abnormal apoptosis and autoantibody production. Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) is a neuropeptide produced by the central and peripheral nervous systems and by ..
- Phenotypic inflammation switch in rats shown by calcitonin gene-related peptide immunoreactive dorsal root ganglion neurons innervating the lumbar facet jointsS Ohtori
Third Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:1009-13. 2001..the L5-L6 facet joint were studied using the retrograde neurotransport method and the immunohistochemistry of calcitonin gene-related peptide in an inflammatory model of rats...
- NICOLE LEANNE WARD; Fiscal Year: 2014..provided by applicant): Psoriatic skin contains more nerve fibers and increased levels of sensory nerve-derived calcitonin gene related peptide (CGRP) and substance P (SP)...
- Rodger A Liddle; Fiscal Year: 2016..vasodilation, plasma extravasation, and pain and is due largely to release of the neuropeptides substance P and calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP)...
- Spinal Cord-Mediated Acute Neurogenic InflammationQing Lin; Fiscal Year: 2010..determine if neurogenic inflammation following CAP injection involves triggering DRRs that cause the release of calcitonin gene-related peptide and/or substance P from primary afferent nociceptors and if this process would in turn ..
- The role of BNST CGRP in stress-enhanced anxiety behavior and HPA-axis functionKelly S Sink; Fiscal Year: 2013..as an important component of stress regulation circuitry, contains dense terminals that release the neuropeptide calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP)...
- Mechanisms of airway neurogenic inflammation by asthma-inducing allergensArmen N Akopian; Fiscal Year: 2013..One of the possibilities is that neuropeptides such as substance P (SP) and calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), which trigger neurogenic inflammation, could be released from sensory nerve ..
- Andrew F Russo; Fiscal Year: 2015..DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Migraine is a debilitating neurological condition involving the neuropeptide calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP)...
- NEUROGENIC MECHANISMS OF INTESTINAL INFLAMMATIONEileen Grady; Fiscal Year: 2006This proposal examines the general hypothesis that the neuropeptides substance P (SP) and calcitonin-gene related peptide (CGRP) act in a co-operative fashion to induce neurogenic inflammation of the intestine...
- Ontogeny of CRLR and RAMPs in MyometriumChandrasekhar Yallampalli; Fiscal Year: 2002..In the absence or imbalance of these molecules within the uterus, fetus will be delivered prematurely. Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) is the most potent smooth muscle relaxant peptide known, and is also a major ..
- Liya Qiao; Fiscal Year: 2016..including Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase (CaMK)II, cAMP-response element binding protein (CREB), calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), and cerebellin 1 precursor (Cbln1) in bladder afferent neurons before and during ..
- Treat Neuropathic Pain with Dissolvable Microneedles Containing Anti-CGRP PeptideXinmin Simon Xie; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide (CGRP) appears to be critical in this process...
- John R Grider; Fiscal Year: 2016..are present in mucosal enteroendocrine cells that contain serotonin (5-HT) and sensory neurons containing calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) and substance P (SP), and that BDNF acts to enhance 5-HT and CGRP release in ..
- ROLE OF GUT PEPTIDES IN INTESTINAL PERISTALSISJOHN GRIDER; Fiscal Year: 2009..are present in mucosal enteroendocrine cells that contain serotonin (5-HT) and sensory neurons containing calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) and substance P (SP), and that BDNF acts to enhance 5-HT and CGRP release in ..
- Wade S Kingery; Fiscal Year: 2015..The project's specific aims are as follows: 1. We will test the hypothesis that substance P (SP), calcitonin gene related peptide (CGRP) and beta 2 adrenergic receptor agonists stimulate the production of key inflammasome ..
- Mark W Chapleau; Fiscal Year: 2015DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) functions as an autocrine/paracrine factor, hormone and neuro- modulator...
- The role of stress and mast cells in a preclinical mouse model of migraineANN CHRISTINE RADDANT; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) plays a critical role in migraine, as evidenced by recent success of CGRP ..
- Coronary Dysregulation Associated with ObesityChristine L Oltman; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) is a very potent physiological microvascular dilator...
- Human Fetoplacental Vasculature and CGRPYuan Lin Dong; Fiscal Year: 2005..b>Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) has been demonstrated to be involved in the regulation of blood pressure and ..
- Prevention of Diabetic Neuropathy with ACE InhibitorsMARK ANTHONY YOREK; Fiscal Year: 2012..NEP degrades natriuretic peptides as well as neuropeptides such as calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) and bradykinin...
- NEURONAL CONTROL OF CGRP GENE EXPRESSIONANDREW RUSSO; Fiscal Year: 2009b>Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) has been implicated in craniofacial pain and headache by virtue of its expression in the trigeminal ganglion and roles in neurogenic inflammation and nociception...
- Chandrasekhar Yallampalli; Fiscal Year: 2016..Peptides of the calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP)-family-CGRP, adrenomedullin (AM), and intermedin (IMD)-have been shown to play ..
- The Responses of Thermoregulatory Neurons to CGRPJohn Griffin; Fiscal Year: 2009..This transient hyperthermic shift in body temperature has been linked to the neuropeptide calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), which acts peripherally to increase vasodilation and centrally to increase ..
- Kalpaj Parekh; Fiscal Year: 2015..Specifically, this proposal will focus on the contribution of denervation to aberrant calcitonin gene related peptide (CGRP) neuropeptide responses that control stem cell proliferation in the airways...
- Marjan Boerma; Fiscal Year: 2014..hormone that is formed by mast cell proteinases;and 3) the cardioprotective sensory neuropeptide calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), as part of the neuroimmune interactions that are known to alter cardiac function ..
- INDUCIBLE ALTERATION OF CGRP IN PRIMARY AFFERENT NEURONSKARIN WESTLUND HIGH; Fiscal Year: 1993..to test the existence of inducible alterations in peptide content in primary afferent/autonomic pathways calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP)...
- Mouse model of vestibulodynia using recurrent vulvovaginal CandidiasisMELISSA ANNE FARMER; Fiscal Year: 2010..5 immunohistochemistry) and markers of nociception (via calcitonin gene related peptide and the vanilloid receptor TRPV1);(c) to examine the immunological profile of vulvar tissue ..
- DYNORPHIN MODULATES CGRP RELEASE VIA PKCZaijie Jim Wang; Fiscal Year: 2003..Both dynorphin and activation of PKC were found to augment capsaicin-evoked calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) release, characteristic of activation of primary afferent fibers...
- Natasha N Chattergoon; Fiscal Year: 2016..We determined that calcitonin gene-related peptide, a powerful vasodilator, is potent inhibitor of VSMC proliferation in vitro by stimulating ..
- Role of TRP Channels in Environmental Irritant-Induced HeadacheGerry S Oxford; Fiscal Year: 2013..TRPA1 homomers, or TRPA1/TRPV1 heteromers on trigeminal neurons innervating the meninges results in release of calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), a potent vasodilator implicated in migraine...
- Augen A Pioszak; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The human calcitonin (CTR) and calcitonin-like (CLR) receptors are cell-surface class B G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) that associate with receptor activity modifying protein (RAMP) co-receptors ..
- Ethanol Prevents Microvascular DysfunctionRonald J Korthuis; Fiscal Year: 2010..of an anti-inflammatory phenotype by stimulating the formation of eNOS-derived NO;(2) NO-induced release of calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) plays an essential role in the acquisition of tolerance to ischemia that is evoked ..
- Lorenzo Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2015..on saliva based factors including pH, buffering capacity, and viscosity as well as levels of total protein, calcitonin- gene-related peptide (CGRP), and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP);and 6...
- AMY-1 receptors: Novel targets for antipsychotic developmentBrian A Baldo; Fiscal Year: 2012..This receptor binds members of the calcitonin family of peptides, including amylin, salmon calcitonin, and calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP)...
- Role of CGRP in the association between migraine and obesityANA RECOBER-MONTILLA; Fiscal Year: 2013..The objective of this proposal is to test the concept that calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) represents a biological link between obesity and migraine...
- Genetic targeting of CGRP actions in a murine model of migraineERIC ALAN KAISER; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Migraine is a highly prevalent and disabling neurological pain disorder. Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) is now strongly implicated in migraine;however, its exact role in the pathophysiology of ..
- Intermedin / AM2 in Human PregnancyMADHU LATA CHAUHAN; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Calcitonin (CT), calcitonin gene related peptide CGRP, amylin and adrenomedullin (AM) belong to a unique group of peptide, hormones, important for homeostasis...
- REGULATION OF ALTERNATIVE PROCESSING OF CALCITONIN/CGRPSusan Berget; Fiscal Year: 2002..The gene under study is that coding for the peptide hormones calcitonin (CT) and calcitonin-gene-related peptide (CGRP)...
- CALCITONIN GENE-RELATED PEPTIDE IN HYPERTENSIONGianfranco Alpini; Fiscal Year: 2006..This efferent function is mediated by the release of neuropeptides, such as CGRP and substance P (SP)...
- CONTROL OF NEUROENDOCRINE GENE EXPRESSIONSTUART LEFF; Fiscal Year: 1992..project proposes to study the mechanisms by which cell- specific expression of the neuro- and endocrine peptides calcitonin and calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) is determined at a transcriptional and post-transcriptional level...
- CALCITONIN GENE RELATED PEPTIDE AND AGINGPANDU GANGULA; Fiscal Year: 2000..We propose that the calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) plays a critical role in such mechanisms...
- CONTROL OF NEUROENDOCRINE GENE EXPRESSIONSTUART LEFF; Fiscal Year: 1993..This project proposes to study the mechanism by which cell-specific expression of the neuro-and endocrine peptides calcitonin and calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) is determined at a transcriptional and post- transcriptional level...
- PROTEIN ENGINEERING - PEPTIDE HORMONE DESIGNJohn Taylor; Fiscal Year: 1993..Neuropeptide Y (NPY), calcitonin and calcitonin gene related peptide (CGRP) will serve as examples where there is already good evidence that ..
- Neuronal Plasticity Related to TMD and FibromyalgiaDean Dessem; Fiscal Year: 2006..increases the number of trigeminal ganglion (TG) muscle afferent neurons that express: substance P (SP), calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), neurokinin-1 receptor (NK-lr) and CGRP receptor (CGRPr)...
- Efferent Signaling through the CGRP receptor complexRHIANNON BUSSEY; Fiscal Year: 2007..The olivocochlear (OC) efferent system is composed of medial (M) OC and lateral (L) OC fibers. Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) is released from LOG fibers onto spiral ganglion fibers and inner hair cells ..
- Molecular Mechanisms Critical to CGRP Receptor SignalingJames Porter; Fiscal Year: 2003..The neuromodulator, calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) is released from peripheral and central nerve terminals upon sensory activation...
- Inflammatory Signaling Mechanisms of the CGRP ReceptorJames Porter; Fiscal Year: 2004..The immediate goal of this project is to characterize signaling pathways initiated by calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) receptor activation that lead to increased production of pro-inflammatory compounds...
- BRAIN REGULATING GASTRIC ACID FUNCTION BY NEUROPEPTIDESYVETTE TACHE; Fiscal Year: 2000..vagal cholinergic gastric hyperemic response to central injection of TRH was shown to be mediated by capsaicin- calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) and nitric oxide dependent mechanisms...
- Melanopsin Signal Transduction Studied by FTIR SpectroscopyKenneth J Rothschild; Fiscal Year: 2012..Prominent examples include serotonin, histamine, adrenergic, muscarinic and calcitonin receptors which are targets of current and potentially new drugs...
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF VESTIBULAR EFFERENT FUNCTIONP Wackym; Fiscal Year: 1999..neurotransmitter acetylcholine, represented by choline acetyltransferase (CHAT), the efferent neuromodulator calcitonin gene- related peptide (CGRP): and the nicotinic (nAChR) and muscarinic (mAChR) acetylcholine receptors in the ..
- ORGANIZATION AND EXPRESSION OF CGRP IN THE PANCREASCatia Sternini; Fiscal Year: 1991In our previous studies we have demonstrated the presence of calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) immunoreactivity in nerve fibers in the rat pancreas innervating the acini, ducti, blood vessels and islets of Langerhans as well as in a ..
- CGRP IN SUBARACHNOID HEMORRHAGEANDREW RUSSO; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION Release of calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) from trigeminal sensory fibers is a potent vasodilator mechanism in the cerebral circulation...
- CGRP CONTROL OF HUMAN MYOMETRIAL CONTRACTILITYYuan Lin Dong; Fiscal Year: 2001..b>Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) has been demonstrated to be involved in the regulation of blood pressure and ..
- MECHANISMS REGULATING ATRIOPEPTIN SECRETIONRick Schiebinger; Fiscal Year: 1991..Using this technique the following hypotheses will be tested. 1) Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) and neuropeptide Y (NP-Y), which are located in atrial nerve fibers, influence ANP ..
- Functional role of CGRP as an efferent neurotransmitterColleen Le Prell; Fiscal Year: 2007..Recently, Maison et al. (2003) presented evidence that calcitonin-gene-related peptide (CGRP) could modulate the excitatory LOC effects observed in the above investigations...
- CGRP, NO, AND SEPSIS INDUCED MICROVASCULAR DYSFUNCTIONWARWICK ARDEN; Fiscal Year: 2002..The investigator focuses on the role of the potent vasoactive neuropeptide calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) in resistant artery dysfunction in endotoxin-induced circulatory shock...
- Kathleen M Caron; Fiscal Year: 2016..peptide vasodilator adrenomedullin (AM) typically signals through a G-protein coupled receptor (GPCR) called calcitonin receptor-like receptor (Calcrl) when the receptor is bound to a novel class of proteins called receptor activity ..
- Role of RAMPs in Intermedin SignalingSheau Yu Teddy Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Functional studies showed that intermedin signals through a G protein-coupled receptor, calcitonin receptor-like receptor (CLR)...
- Michael Nitabach; Fiscal Year: 2016..signal through cAMP in fly circadian/sleep control circuits: PDF (Pigment Dispersing Factor), DH31 (fly calcitonin homologue), and DH44 (fly corticotropin releasing factor (CRF) homologue)...
- CALCITONIN RECEPTOR GENE EXPRESSIONSteven Goldring; Fiscal Year: 2002Our initial application proposed to study the mechanism of action and regulation of the calcitonin receptor (CTR) gene...
- REGULATION OF THE MURINE CALCITONIN RECEPTOR GENEDEBORAH GALSON; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION (adapted from the Investigator's abstract): Calcitonin (CT) was originally identified as an endocrine hormone that lowers extracellular calcium by inhibiting osteoclastic bone resorption and enhancing renal calcium excretion...
- Controlled delivery of polypeptide hormone calcitoninJagdish Singh; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Calcitonin isa polypeptide hormone with 32 amino acids and has a molecular mass of about 3500...
- METHYLATION OF THE CALCITONIN GENE IN HUMAN TUMORSStephen B Baylin; Fiscal Year: 2013..We investigate whether this change can foster cancer initiation and the molecular mechanisms though which it arises. ..
- Calcitonin in Prostate Growth and NeplasiaGirish V Shah; Fiscal Year: 2013..We and others have shown that all primary PCs and PC cell lines express calcitonin (CT) and/or its receptor (CTR), and their co-expression positively correlates with the tumor grade of primary ..
- Characterization of Neuroendocrine CGRP ReceptorsIan Dickerson; Fiscal Year: 2006unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): We have discovered a 148 aa protein named calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP)-receptor component protein (RCP) that is required for G protein-coupled signal transduction at receptors ..
- Regulation of B Cell Development by NeuropeptidesJOSEPH MCGILLIS; Fiscal Year: 2005..The focus of this project is on the role of the neuropeptide calcitonin- gene related peptide (CGRP) in regulating early B cell differentiation...
- SYMPATHETIC FIBER MODULATION OF NEUROGENIC INFLAMMATIONKenneth Hargreaves; Fiscal Year: 2003..inflammation, as measured by reduction of capsaicin-evoked release of the pro-inflammatory neuropeptide calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) from superfused dental pulp...
- Biologically active peptidesPatent Number: EP0070186-A1; Date:1983-01-19