Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CACNA1I
Description: calcium voltage-gated channel subunit alpha1 I
Alias: Cav3.3, ca(v)3.3, voltage-dependent T-type calcium channel subunit alpha-1I, calcium channel, voltage-dependent, T type, alpha 1I subunit, calcium channel, voltage-dependent, alpha 1I subunit, voltage-gated calcium channel subunit alpha Cav3.3
- Tomášová L, Pavlovicová M, Malekova L, Misak A, Kristek F, Grman M, et al. Effects of AP39, a novel triphenylphosphonium derivatised anethole dithiolethione hydrogen sulfide donor, on rat haemodynamic parameters and chloride and calcium Cav3 and RyR2 channels. Nitric Oxide. 2015;46:131-44 pubmed publisher
- Kumar D, Dedic N, Flachskamm C, VoulÃ© S, Deussing J, Kimura M. Cacna1c (Cav1.2) Modulates Electroencephalographic Rhythm and Rapid Eye Movement Sleep Recovery. Sleep. 2015;38:1371-80 pubmed publisher..Lower spectral gamma activity, slightly increased sleep demands, and altered REM sleep responses found in heterozygous Cacna1c knockout mice may rather resemble a sleep phenotype observed in schizophrenia patients. ..
- Tompkins J, Merriam L, Girard B, May V, Parsons R. Nickel suppresses the PACAP-induced increase in guinea pig cardiac neuron excitability. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2015;308:C857-66 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that a PACAP-enhanced, Ni(2+)-sensitive current contributes to PACAP-induced modulation of neuronal excitability. ..
- Harraz O, Visser F, Brett S, Goldman D, Zechariah A, Hashad A, et al. CaV1.2/CaV3.x channels mediate divergent vasomotor responses in human cerebral arteries. J Gen Physiol. 2015;145:405-18 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study documents the expression of three distinct Ca(2+) channel subtypes in human cerebral arteries and further shows how they act together to orchestrate arterial tone. ..
- Kim M, Jung H, Kim S, Park J, Seo Y. Electromagnetic fields and nanomagnetic particles increase the osteogenic differentiation of human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Int J Mol Med. 2015;35:153-60 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the mRNA expression of calcium channels (CACNA1C, CACNA1E, CACNA1G and CACNA1I) was activated during osteogenic differentiation...
- CalderÃ³n Rivera A, Sandoval A, GonzÃ¡lez RamÃrez R, GonzÃ¡lez Billault C, Felix R. Regulation of neuronal cav3.1 channels by cyclin-dependent kinase 5 (Cdk5). PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0119134 pubmed publisher..1subunit. These results highlight a novel role for Cdk5 in the regulation of T-type Ca2+ channels. ..
- Wen X, Li X, Li H, Liang H, Yang C, Wang H. CaMK II γ down regulation protects dorsal root ganglion neurons from ropivacaine hydrochloride neurotoxicity. Sci Rep. 2017;7:5262 pubmed publisher..2 and Cav3.3 expression. In conclusion, CaMKIIγ regulated Cav3.2 and Cav3.3 expression in DRG, which was involved with ropivacaine hydrochloride-induced cell injury. ..
- Gadotti V, Bladen C, Zhang F, Chen L, GÃ¼ndÃ¼z M, ÅžimÅŸek R, et al. Analgesic effect of a broad-spectrum dihydropyridine inhibitor of voltage-gated calcium channels. Pflugers Arch. 2015;467:2485-93 pubmed publisher..3 (T-type) and Cav2.2 (N-type) currents. Altogether, our data indicate that broad-spectrum inhibition of multiple calcium channel subtypes can lead to potent analgesia in rodents. ..
- Pudukulatham Z, Zhang F, Gadotti V, M Dahoma S, Swami P, Tamboli Y, et al. Synthesis and characterization of a disubstituted piperazine derivative with T-type channel blocking action and analgesic properties. Mol Pain. 2016;12: pubmed publisher..2 channels. Altogether, our data identify a novel T-type calcium channel blocker with tight structure activity relationship (SAR) and relevant in vivo efficacy in inflammatory pain conditions. ..
- Andrade A, Hope J, Allen A, Yorgan V, Lipscombe D, Pan J. A rare schizophrenia risk variant of CACNA1I disrupts CaV3.3 channel activity. Sci Rep. 2016;6:34233 pubmed publisherb>CACNA1I is a candidate schizophrenia risk gene. It encodes the pore-forming human CaV3.3 ?1 subunit, a subtype of voltage-gated calcium channel that contributes to T-type currents...
- Yabuki Y, Matsuo K, Izumi H, Haga H, Yoshida T, Wakamori M, et al. Pharmacological properties of SAK3, a novel T-type voltage-gated Ca2+ channel enhancer. Neuropharmacology. 2017;117:1-13 pubmed publisher..1 knockout (KO) mice. These findings suggest overall that T-VGCCs play a key role in cognition by enhancing hippocampal ACh release and that the cognitive enhancer SAK3 could be a candidate therapeutic in Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Yang W, Li Q, Wang S, Gao F, Qian W, Li F, et al. Cannabinoid receptor agonists modulate calcium channels in rat retinal MÃ¼ller cells. Neuroscience. 2016;313:213-24 pubmed publisher..The existence of receptor-dependent and -independent mechanisms suggests that cannabinoids may modulate MÃ¼ller cell functions through multiple pathways. ..
- Cain S, Ahn S, Garcia E, Zhang Y, Waheed Z, Tyson J, et al. Heantos-4, a natural plant extract used in the treatment of drug addiction, modulates T-type calcium channels and thalamocortical burst-firing. Mol Brain. 2016;9:94 pubmed
- Weaver E, Zamora F, Hearne J, Martin Caraballo M. Posttranscriptional regulation of T-type Ca(2+) channel expression by interleukin-6 in prostate cancer cells. Cytokine. 2015;76:309-320 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the functional expression of T-type Ca(2+) channels is regulated by the interplay of multiple factors in LNCaP cells. ..
- Sharop B, Boldyriev O, Batiuk M, Shtefan N, Shuba Y. Compensatory reduction of Cav3.1 expression in thalamocortical neurons of juvenile rats of WAG/Rij model of absence epilepsy. Epilepsy Res. 2016;119:10-2 pubmed publisher..The weakened expression of Cav3.1 in juveniles of WAG/Rij rats could represent a compensatory mechanism determining the pattern of the age dependency in the disease manifestation by this model of absence epilepsy. ..
- Manoach D, Pan J, PURCELL S, Stickgold R. Reduced Sleep Spindles in Schizophrenia: A Treatable Endophenotype That Links Risk Genes to Impaired Cognition?. Biol Psychiatry. 2016;80:599-608 pubmed publisher..For example, the SZ risk gene CACNA1I encodes a calcium channel that is abundantly expressed in the thalamic spindle generator and plays a critical ..
- Jeong K, Lee S, Seo H, Oh Y, Jang D, Choe J, et al. Ca-Î±1T, a fly T-type Ca2+ channel, negatively modulates sleep. Sci Rep. 2015;5:17893 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study suggests invertebrate T-type Ca(2+) channels promote wakefulness rather than stabilizing sleep. ..
- KarmaÅ¾ÃnovÃ¡ M, JaÅ¡kovÃ¡ K, Griac P, Perez Reyes E, LacinovÃ¡ Ä. Contrasting the roles of the I-II loop gating brake in CaV3.1 and CaV3.3 calcium channels. Pflugers Arch. 2015;467:2519-27 pubmed publisher..We suggest that activation of the voltage sensor in domain I is limiting both the voltage dependence and the kinetics of CaV3 channel activation. ..
- Zhang D, Chen J, Saraf A, Cassar S, Han P, Rogers J, et al. Association of Catsper1 or -2 with Ca(v)3.3 leads to suppression of T-type calcium channel activity. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:22332-41 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that CatSper1 and CatSper2 can associate with and modulate the function of the Ca(v)3.3 channel, which might be important in the regulation of sperm function. ..
- Smith C, Abdallah S, Wong Y, Le P, Harracksingh A, Artinian L, et al. Evolutionary insights into T-type Ca2+ channel structure, function, and ion selectivity from the Trichoplax adhaerens homologue. J Gen Physiol. 2017;149:483-510 pubmed publisher..TCav3 is the most divergent metazoan T-type calcium channel and thus provides an evolutionary perspective on Cav3 channel structure-function properties, ion selectivity, and cellular physiology. ..
- Shan H, Hammarback J, Godwin D. Ethanol inhibition of a T-type Ca²+ channel through activity of protein kinase C. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2013;37:1333-42 pubmed publisher..EtOH primarily affects the CaV3.2 isoform of T-type Ca²? channels acting through PKC, highlighting a novel target and mechanism for EtOH effects on excitable membranes. ..
- Xu W, Liu Y, Chen J, Guo Q, Liu K, Wen Z, et al. Genetic risk between the CACNA1I gene and schizophrenia in Chinese Uygur population. Hereditas. 2018;155:5 pubmed publisher..Recent researches indicated that the CACNA1I involved in calcium channels probably affect the potential pathogenesis of SCZ...
- Fornaro L, Vivaldi C, Lin D, Xue H, Falcone A, Wang Y, et al. Prognostic relevance of a T-type calcium channels gene signature in solid tumours: A correlation ready for clinical validation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182818 pubmed publisher..Alterations in CACNA gene expression are linked to tumour prognosis. Gastric cancer represents the most promising setting for further evaluation. ..
- Chemin J, Taiakina V, Monteil A, Piazza M, Guan W, Stephens R, et al. Calmodulin regulates Cav3 T-type channels at their gating brake. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:20010-20031 pubmed publisher..Our findings may have implications for arrhythmia disorders arising from mutations in the gating brake or CaM. ..
- Xie Y, Huang D, Wei L, Luo X. Further evidence for the genetic association between CACNA1I and schizophrenia. Hereditas. 2018;155:16 pubmed publisher..between genetic variants in three calcium signaling pathway genes (CACNB2, CACNA1C and CACNA1I) and SCZ in 1615 SCZ cases and 1597 controls...
- Catterall W, Perez Reyes E, Snutch T, Striessnig J. International Union of Pharmacology. XLVIII. Nomenclature and structure-function relationships of voltage-gated calcium channels. Pharmacol Rev. 2005;57:411-25 pubmed..This article presents the molecular relationships and physiological functions of these calcium channel proteins and provides comprehensive information on their molecular, genetic, physiological, and pharmacological properties. ..
- Murbartián J, Arias J, Perez Reyes E. Functional impact of alternative splicing of human T-type Cav3.3 calcium channels. J Neurophysiol. 2004;92:3399-407 pubmed..The CACNA1I gene encodes the Cav3.3 isoform, which activates and inactivates much more slowly than the other Cav3 channels...
- Hildebrand M, David L, Hamid J, Mulatz K, Garcia E, Zamponi G, et al. Selective inhibition of Cav3.3 T-type calcium channels by Galphaq/11-coupled muscarinic acetylcholine receptors. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:21043-55 pubmed..3 channel are necessary and sufficient for complete M1 receptor-mediated channel inhibition and represent novel sites not previously implicated in T-type channel modulation. ..
- Mittman S, Guo J, Emerick M, Agnew W. Structure and alternative splicing of the gene encoding alpha1I, a human brain T calcium channel alpha1 subunit. Neurosci Lett. 1999;269:121-4 pubmedThe structure of CACNA1I, the gene encoding alpha1I, a human brain T Ca2+ channel alpha1 subunit, was determined by comparison of polymerase chain reaction-amplified brain cDNA and genomic sequences...
- Lee N, Jeong S, Kim K, Kim J, Park J, Kang H, et al. Ca2+ Regulation of Cav3.3 T-type Ca2+ Channel Is Mediated by Calmodulin. Mol Pharmacol. 2017;92:347-357 pubmed publisher..3. Taken together, our results suggest that Cav3.3 T-type channel is potently regulated by Ca2+i via interaction of Ca2+/CaM with the carboxyl terminus of Cav3.3. ..
- Wang J, Zhang Y, Liang J, Pan H, Wu H, Xu K, et al. CACNA1I is not associated with childhood absence epilepsy in the Chinese Han population. Pediatr Neurol. 2006;35:187-90 pubmedThis study investigated whether the T-type calcium channel gene CACNA1I causes susceptibility in the Chinese Han population to childhood absence epilepsy, a form of idiopathic generalized seizure disorder...
- Wen X, Liang H, Li H, Ou W, Wang H, Liu H, et al. In vitro neurotoxicity by ropivacaine is reduced by silencing Cav3.3 T-type calcium subunits in neonatal rat sensory neurons. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol. 2017;:1-8 pubmed publisher..Cav3.3 can regulate CaMKII? mRNA and protein expression. In conclusion, Cav3.3 regulated CaMKII? in DRG, which was involved with the cell injury induced by ropivacaine hydrochloride...
- . Genome-wide association study implicates HLA-C*01:02 as a risk factor at the major histocompatibility complex locus in schizophrenia. Biol Psychiatry. 2012;72:620-8 pubmed publisher..This study provides further support for involvement of MHC class I molecules in schizophrenia. We found evidence of association with previously reported risk alleles at the TCF4, VRK2, and ZNF804A loci. ..
- Basson M, Zeng B, Downey C, Sirivelu M, Tepe J. Increased extracellular pressure stimulates tumor proliferation by a mechanosensitive calcium channel and PKC-Î². Mol Oncol. 2015;9:513-26 pubmed publisher..Targeting this pathway may inhibit proliferation in large unresectable tumors. ..
- Gomora J, Murbartián J, Arias J, Lee J, Perez Reyes E. Cloning and expression of the human T-type channel Ca(v)3.3: insights into prepulse facilitation. Biophys J. 2002;83:229-41 pubmed..Therefore, Ca(v)3.3 is similar to high voltage-activated Ca(2+) channels in that depolarizing prepulses can regulate their activity, and their carboxy termini play a role in modulating channel activity. ..
- Chemin J, Monteil A, Perez Reyes E, Bourinet E, Nargeot J, Lory P. Specific contribution of human T-type calcium channel isotypes (alpha(1G), alpha(1H) and alpha(1I)) to neuronal excitability. J Physiol. 2002;540:3-14 pubmed
- Glauser T, Holland K, O Brien V, Keddache M, Martin L, Clark P, et al. Pharmacogenetics of antiepileptic drug efficacy in childhood absence epilepsy. Ann Neurol. 2017;81:444-453 pubmed publisherTo determine whether common polymorphisms in CACNA1G, CACNA1H, CACNA1I, and ABCB1 are associated with differential short-term seizure outcome in childhood absence epilepsy (CAE)...
- Monteil A, Chemin J, Leuranguer V, Altier C, Mennessier G, Bourinet E, et al. Specific properties of T-type calcium channels generated by the human alpha 1I subunit. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:16530-5 pubmed