Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CACNA1G
Description: calcium voltage-gated channel subunit alpha1 G
Alias: Ca(V)T.1, Cav3.1, NBR13, SCA42, voltage-dependent T-type calcium channel subunit alpha-1G, calcium channel, voltage-dependent, T type, alpha 1G subunit, cav3.1c, voltage-dependent T-type calcium channel alpha 1G subunit, voltage-dependent calcium channel alpha 1G subunit, voltage-gated calcium channel subunit alpha Cav3.1
Publications140 found, 100 shown here
- Zhang Q, He M, Wang J, Liu S, Cheng H, Cheng Y. Predicting of disease genes for gestational diabetes mellitus based on network and functional consistency. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2015;186:91-6 pubmed publisher..network and functional consistency, 6 candidate genes of GDM were considered to be candidate disease genes of GDM, including CYP1A1, LEPR, ESR1, GYS2, AGRP, and CACNA1G. However, further studies are required to validate these results.
- Chernov Rogan T, Li T, Lu G, Verschoof H, Khakh K, Jones S, et al. Mechanism-specific assay design facilitates the discovery of Nav1.7-selective inhibitors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018;115:E792-E801 pubmed publisher..7-selective chemical scaffolds. Hence, we address a major hurdle in Nav1.7 drug discovery, and this mechanistic approach to assay design is applicable to Cav3.1, Kv1.3, and many other ion channels to facilitate drug discovery. ..
- Mesirca P, Torrente A, Mangoni M. T-type channels in the sino-atrial and atrioventricular pacemaker mechanism. Pflugers Arch. 2014;466:791-9 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, loss-of-function of Cav3.1 channels contributes to severe form of congenital bradycardia and atrioventricular block in paediatric patients. ..
- Cha Y, Kim S, Yeo H, Baek J, Choi M, Jung K, et al. Association of CHFR Promoter Methylation with Treatment Outcomes of Irinotecan-Based Chemotherapy in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer. Neoplasia. 2019;21:146-155 pubmed publisher..SULF2) associated with chemotherapy response and five CpG island methylator phenotype (CIMP)-specific markers (CACNA1G, IGF2, NEUROG1, RUNX3, and SOCS1)...
- Visa A, Sallán M, Maiques O, Alza L, Talavera E, López Ortega R, et al. T-Type Cav3.1 Channels Mediate Progression and Chemotherapeutic Resistance in Glioblastoma. Cancer Res. 2019;79:1857-1868 pubmed publisher..Here we analyzed the expression of TTCC transcripts in human GBM cells and show a prevalence of Cacna1g/Cav3.1 mRNAs...
- Hu S, Li L, Huang W, Liu J, Lan G, Yu S, et al. CAV3.1 knockdown suppresses cell proliferation, migration and invasion of prostate cancer cells by inhibiting AKT. Cancer Manag Res. 2018;10:4603-4614 pubmed publisher..Upregulated CAV3.1 is positively associated with the development of PCa. CAV3.1 knockdown can inhibit PCa cell proliferation, migration, and invasion by suppressing AKT activity. ..
- Berg M, Nordgaard O, KÃ¸rner H, Oltedal S, Smaaland R, SÃ¸reide J, et al. Molecular subtypes in stage II-III colon cancer defined by genomic instability: early recurrence-risk associated with a high copy-number variation and loss of RUNX3 and CDKN2A. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0122391 pubmed publisher..2 (95% CI 1.1-9.3; P = 0.026). Losses of CACNA1G (OR of 2.9, 95% CI 1.4-6.0; P = 0.001), IGF2 (OR of 4.3, 95% CI 1.1-15.8; P = 0.007), CDKN2A (p16) (OR of 2...
- Cheng X, Ma L, Feng X, Zhu M, Zhang D, Xu L, et al. Antigen retrieval pre-treatment causes a different expression pattern of Cav3.2 in rat and mouse spinal dorsal horn. Eur J Histochem. 2019;63: pubmed publisher..2 but not GFAP. Together, our findings indicate that AR pre-treatment or not impacts the expression pattern of Cav3.2, which may make a significant contribution to the future study of Cav3.2 in SDH. ..
- Handforth A, Homanics G, Covey D, Krishnan K, Lee J, Sakimura K, et al. T-type calcium channel antagonists suppress tremor in two mouse models of essential tremor. Neuropharmacology. 2010;59:380-7 pubmed publisher..It is uncertain whether medications developed to block only the Cav3.1 subtype would exhibit efficacy. ..
- Tevoufouet E, Nembo E, DibuÃ© Adjei M, Hescheler J, Nguemo F, Schneider T. Cardiac functions of voltage-gated Ca(2+) channels: role of the pharmacoresistant type (E-/R-Type) in cardiac modulation and putative implication in sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP). Rev Physiol Biochem Pharmacol. 2014;167:115-39 pubmed publisher
- Sharop B, Boldyriev O, Batiuk M, Shtefan N, Shuba Y. Compensatory reduction of Cav3.1 expression in thalamocortical neurons of juvenile rats of WAG/Rij model of absence epilepsy. Epilepsy Res. 2016;119:10-2 pubmed publisher..The weakened expression of Cav3.1 in juveniles of WAG/Rij rats could represent a compensatory mechanism determining the pattern of the age dependency in the disease manifestation by this model of absence epilepsy. ..
- Sun X, Wang Q, Guo B, Liu X, Wang B. Identification of skin-related lncRNAs as potential biomarkers that involved in Wnt pathways in keloids. Oncotarget. 2017;8:34236-34244 pubmed publisher..As a result, four lncRNAs including CACNA1G-AS1, HOXA11-AS, LINC00312 and RP11-91I11...
- Lee S, Lee C, Woo C, Kang S, Shin K. Chronic social defeat stress-induced enhancement of T-type calcium channels increases burst-firing neurons in the ventral subiculum. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that CSDS-induced enhancement of Cav3.1 expression increased bursting neuronal population in the vSub, which may contribute to stress-related behaviors. ..
- Howarth F, Qureshi M, Jayaprakash P, Parekh K, Oz M, Dobrzynski H, et al. The Pattern of mRNA Expression Is Changed in Sinoatrial Node from Goto-Kakizaki Type 2 Diabetic Rat Heart. J Diabetes Res. 2018;2018:8454078 pubmed publisher..3), Cacna1g (Cav3.1), Cacna1h (Cav3...
- Liu Y, Wang P, Ma F, Zheng M, Liu G, Kume S, et al. Asparagine-linked glycosylation modifies voltage-dependent gating properties of CaV3.1-T-type Ca2+ channel. J Physiol Sci. 2019;69:335-343 pubmed publisher..1-T-type Ca2+ channel but to the regulation of the gating properties of the channel when the channel proteins were processed during the folding and trafficking steps in the cell. ..
- Sekiguchi F, Kawara Y, Tsubota M, Kawakami E, Ozaki T, Kawaishi Y, et al. Therapeutic potential of RQ-00311651, a novel T-type Ca2+ channel blocker, in distinct rodent models for neuropathic and visceral pain. Pain. 2016;157:1655-65 pubmed publisher..1/Cav3.2 T channels and may serve as an orally available analgesic for treatment of neuropathic and inflammatory pain including distinct visceral pain with minimum central side effects. ..
- Cohen S, Yu M, Baker K, Redman M, Wu C, Heinzerling T, et al. The CpG island methylator phenotype is concordant between primary colorectal carcinoma and matched distant metastases. Clin Epigenetics. 2017;9:46 pubmed publisher..the CIMP status of 70 pairs of primary CRC and matched metastases using a CRC-specific panel of five markers (CACNA1G, IGF2, NEUROG1, RUNX3, and SOCS1) where CIMP positive was defined as 3/5 positive ..
- Liu Y, Iwano T, Ma F, Wang P, Wang Y, Zheng M, et al. Short- and long-term roles of phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate PIP2 on Cav3.1- and Cav3.2-T-type calcium channel current. Pathophysiology. 2019;26:31-38 pubmed publisher..1-ICa.T. PIP2 modulates CaV3.1- and CaV3.2-ICa.T not by their current density but by their channel gating properties possibly through its membrane-delimited actions. ..
- Hühns M, Krohn S, Murua Escobar H, Prall F. Genomic heterogeneity in primary colorectal carcinomas and their metastases: born bad or brought up a villain?. Hum Pathol. 2018;74:54-63 pubmed publisher..D9S942, D9S1748, D5S346, D5S1385) and DNA methylation studies with a marker panel (MLH1, CDNK2A, NEUROG1, CRABP1, CACNA1G, IGF2, RUNX3, SOCS1) showed remarkably "insular" genomic aberrations in all cases for at least some of the ..
- Shin A, Woo J, Kim J, Kim D. Nodding behavior couples to vigilance fluctuation in a high-calorie diet model of drowsiness. Mol Brain. 2018;11:33 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that delta oscillations play a dominant role in controlling vigilance dynamics during sleep/wake competition and that our novel mouse model may be useful for studying drowsiness and related neurological disorders. ..
- Garcia Caballero A, Zhang F, Hodgkinson V, Huang J, Chen L, Souza I, et al. T-type calcium channels functionally interact with spectrin (α/β) and ankyrin B. Mol Brain. 2018;11:24 pubmed publisher..2 in hippocampal neurons. These findings reveal spectrin (α/β) / ankyrin B cytoskeletal and signaling proteins as key regulators of T-type calcium channels expressed in the nervous system. ..
- Elíes J, Johnson E, Boyle J, Scragg J, Peers C. H2S does not regulate proliferation via T-type Ca2+ channels. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;461:659-64 pubmed publisher..1. Our data indicate that inhibition of T-type Ca(2+) channel-mediated proliferation by H2S is independent of the channels' sensitivity to H2S. ..
- Harraz O, Visser F, Brett S, Goldman D, Zechariah A, Hashad A, et al. CaV1.2/CaV3.x channels mediate divergent vasomotor responses in human cerebral arteries. J Gen Physiol. 2015;145:405-18 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study documents the expression of three distinct Ca(2+) channel subtypes in human cerebral arteries and further shows how they act together to orchestrate arterial tone. ..
- Kim J, Cho N, Bae J, Kim K, Rhee Y, Lee H, et al. Nuclear maspin expression correlates with the CpG island methylator phenotype and tumor aggressiveness in colorectal cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:1920-8 pubmed..by methylation-specific quantitative PCR method (MethyLight) using eight CIMP markers (MLH1, NEUROG1, CRABP1, CACNA1G, CDKN2A (p16), IGF2, SOCS1, and RUNX3) in 216 MSI-H CRCs...
- Ranzato E, Magnelli V, Martinotti S, Waheed Z, Cain S, Snutch T, et al. Epigallocatechin-3-gallate elicits Ca2+ spike in MCF-7 breast cancer cells: essential role of Cav3.2 channels. Cell Calcium. 2014;56:285-95 pubmed publisher..2 currents. Cav3.2 channels are in part responsible for EGCG inhibition of MCF-7 viability, suggesting that deregulation of [Ca(2+)]i by EGCG may be relevant in breast cancer treatment. ..
- Jung S, Jeong Y, Jeon D. Epileptic activity during early postnatal life in the AY-9944 model of atypical absence epilepsy. Cell Calcium. 2015;57:376-84 pubmed publisher..Our findings may aid our understanding of the pathophysiological mechanisms of clinical AAE in individuals, such as those with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome. ..
- Haverinen J, Hassinen M, Dash S, Vornanen M. Expression of calcium channel transcripts in the zebrafish heart: dominance of T-type channels. J Exp Biol. 2018;221: pubmed publisher..The large ventricular ICaT is likely to play a significant role in E-C coupling. ..
- Elíes J, Scragg J, Huang S, Dallas M, Huang D, MacDougall D, et al. Hydrogen sulfide inhibits Cav3.2 T-type Ca2+ channels. FASEB J. 2014;28:5376-87 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate a novel target for H2S regulation, the T-type Ca(2+) channel Cav3.2, and suggest that such modulation cannot account for the pronociceptive effects of this gasotransmitter. ..
- Park Y, Choi J, Lee C, Kim S, Kim Y, Chang K, et al. Heterogeneity of tremor mechanisms assessed by tremor-related cortical potential in mice. Mol Brain. 2015;8:3 pubmed publisher..1Â T-type Ca(2+) channels (Cacna1g), in which the tremor caused by the absence of Gabra1 is potentiated by the absence of Cacna1g, showed a coherent ..
- Monteil A, Chausson P, Boutourlinsky K, Mezghrani A, Huc Brandt S, Blesneac I, et al. Inhibition of Cav3.2 T-type Calcium Channels by Its Intracellular I-II Loop. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:16168-76 pubmed publisher..2 and Cav3.3 channels, only the fast inactivating T-type current (Cav3.2 component) was significantly inhibited. Altogether, these data describe a new strategy to differentially inhibit Cav3 isoforms of the T-type calcium channels. ..
- Choi S, Yu E, Hwang E, LlinÃ¡s R. Pathophysiological implication of CaV3.1 T-type Ca2+ channels in trigeminal neuropathic pain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:2270-5 pubmed publisher..1 knockout mice. Our results suggest that the presence of CaV3.1 channels is a key element in the pathophysiology of trigeminal neuropathic pain. ..
- Pudukulatham Z, Zhang F, Gadotti V, M Dahoma S, Swami P, Tamboli Y, et al. Synthesis and characterization of a disubstituted piperazine derivative with T-type channel blocking action and analgesic properties. Mol Pain. 2016;12: pubmed publisher..2 channels. Altogether, our data identify a novel T-type calcium channel blocker with tight structure activity relationship (SAR) and relevant in vivo efficacy in inflammatory pain conditions. ..
- Gangadharan G, Shin J, Kim S, Kim A, Paydar A, Kim D, et al. Medial septal GABAergic projection neurons promote object exploration behavior and type 2 theta rhythm. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:6550-5 pubmed publisher..These findings define object exploration distinguished from open-field exploration and reveal a critical role of T-type Ca(2+) channels in the medial septal GABAergic projection neurons in this behavior. ..
- Kim M, Jung H, Kim S, Park J, Seo Y. Electromagnetic fields and nanomagnetic particles increase the osteogenic differentiation of human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Int J Mol Med. 2015;35:153-60 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the mRNA expression of calcium channels (CACNA1C, CACNA1E, CACNA1G and CACNA1I) was activated during osteogenic differentiation...
- Sakkaki S, Gangarossa G, Lerat B, FranÃ§on D, Forichon L, Chemin J, et al. Blockade of T-type calcium channels prevents tonic-clonic seizures in a maximal electroshock seizure model. Neuropharmacology. 2016;101:320-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data indicate that TTA-A2 is a potent anticonvulsant and that the Cav3.1 isoform plays a prominent role in mediating TTA-A2 tonic seizure protection. ..
- Cohen S, Wu C, Yu M, Gourgioti G, Wirtz R, Raptou G, et al. Evaluation of CpG Island Methylator Phenotype as a Biomarker in Colorectal Cancer Treated With Adjuvant Oxaliplatin. Clin Colorectal Cancer. 2016;15:164-9 pubmed publisher..CIMP status was determined using the DNA methylation status of CACNA1G, IGF2, NEUROG1, RUNX3, and SOCS1. Cox models were used to assess the association of CIMP with survival...
- Gallois C, Taieb J, Le Corre D, Le Malicot K, Tabernero J, Mulot C, et al. Prognostic value of methylator phenotype in stage III colon cancer treated with oxaliplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapy. Clin Cancer Res. 2018;: pubmed publisher..PCR where CIMP+ status was defined by methylation of at least three of the five following genes: IGF2, CACNA1G, NEUROG1, SOCS1, and RUNX3...
- CalderÃ³n Rivera A, Sandoval A, GonzÃ¡lez RamÃrez R, GonzÃ¡lez Billault C, Felix R. Regulation of neuronal cav3.1 channels by cyclin-dependent kinase 5 (Cdk5). PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0119134 pubmed publisher..1subunit. These results highlight a novel role for Cdk5 in the regulation of T-type Ca2+ channels. ..
- Yu P, Kang A, Jing L, Wang Y. Long non-coding RNA CACNA1G-AS1 promotes cell migration, invasion and epithelial-mesenchymal transition by HNRNPA2B1 in non-small cell lung cancer. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2018;22:993-1002 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to investigate the role of CACNA1G-AS1 in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Hansen P. Functional importance of T-type voltage-gated calcium channels in the cardiovascular and renal system: news from the world of knockout mice. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2015;308:R227-37 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Cav3.1 and Cav3.2 are new therapeutic targets in several cardiovascular pathologies, but the use of T-type blockers should be specifically directed to the disease and to the channel subtype. ..
- Wang H, Zhang X, Xue L, Xing J, Jouvin M, Putney J, et al. Low-Voltage-Activated CaV3.1 Calcium Channels Shape T Helper Cell Cytokine Profiles. Immunity. 2016;44:782-94 pubmed publisher..1-deficient T cells. These data provide evidence for T-type channels in immune cells and their potential role in shaping the autoimmune response. ..
- Winkel B, Yuan L, Olesen M, Sadjadieh G, Wang Y, Risgaard B, et al. The role of the sodium current complex in a nonreferred nationwide cohort of sudden infant death syndrome. Heart Rhythm. 2015;12:1241-9 pubmed publisher..In a nonreferred nationwide Danish cohort of SIDS cases, up to 5/66 (7.5%) of SIDS cases can be explained by genetic variants in the sodium channel complex genes. ..
- Busch E, Galanko J, Sandler R, Goel A, Keku T. Lifestyle Factors, Colorectal Tumor Methylation, and Survival Among African Americans and European Americans. Sci Rep. 2018;8:9470 pubmed publisher..Tumor methylation was assessed in CACNA1G, MLH1, NEUROG1, RUNX3, and SOCS1...
- Tomášová L, Pavlovicová M, Malekova L, Misak A, Kristek F, Grman M, et al. Effects of AP39, a novel triphenylphosphonium derivatised anethole dithiolethione hydrogen sulfide donor, on rat haemodynamic parameters and chloride and calcium Cav3 and RyR2 channels. Nitric Oxide. 2015;46:131-44 pubmed publisher
- Tompkins J, Merriam L, Girard B, May V, Parsons R. Nickel suppresses the PACAP-induced increase in guinea pig cardiac neuron excitability. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2015;308:C857-66 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that a PACAP-enhanced, Ni(2+)-sensitive current contributes to PACAP-induced modulation of neuronal excitability. ..
- Park S, Min S, Kang H, Lee J. Differential zinc permeation and blockade of L-type Ca2+ channel isoforms Cav1.2 and Cav1.3. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1848:2092-100 pubmed publisher..2. In overall, we provide evidence that Cav1.2 and Cav1.3 isoforms are capable of potentially functioning as zinc permeation routes, through which zinc entry can be differentially augmented by mild acidifications. ..
- Boudreau BÃ©land J, Duverger J, Petitjean E, Maguy A, Ledoux J, Comtois P. Spatiotemporal stability of neonatal rat cardiomyocyte monolayers spontaneous activity is dependent on the culture substrate. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0127977 pubmed publisher..These results reveal the importance of carefully selecting the culture substrate for studies involving mechanical stimulation, especially for tissue engineering or pharmacological high-throughput screening of cardiac tissue analog. ..
- Pan Y, Li B, Wang J, Li X. Rosuvastatin Alleviates Type 2 Diabetic Atrial Structural and Calcium Channel Remodeling. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2016;67:57-67 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, long-term RSV therapy can alleviate structural and calcium channel remodeling in the type 2 diabetic rat atrium. ..
- Frandsen R, Salomonsson M, Hansen P, Jensen L, Braunstein T, Holstein Rathlou N, et al. No apparent role for T-type CaÂ²âº channels in renal autoregulation. Pflugers Arch. 2016;468:541-50 pubmed publisher..1 or treatment with low concentrations of mibefradil does not affect renal autoregulation. Thus, T-type calcium channels are not involved in renal autoregulation in response to acute increases in RPP. ..
- Wen X, Xu S, Zhang Q, Li X, Liang H, Yang C, et al. Inhibitory gene expression of the Cav3.1 T-type calcium channel to improve neuronal injury induced by lidocaine hydrochloride. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016;775:43-9 pubmed publisher..In this study, we observed the effects of lidocaine hydrochloride on the pshRNA-CACNA1G-SH-SY5Y cells that silenced Cav3...
- Yabuki Y, Matsuo K, Izumi H, Haga H, Yoshida T, Wakamori M, et al. Pharmacological properties of SAK3, a novel T-type voltage-gated Ca2+ channel enhancer. Neuropharmacology. 2017;117:1-13 pubmed publisher..1 knockout (KO) mice. These findings suggest overall that T-VGCCs play a key role in cognition by enhancing hippocampal ACh release and that the cognitive enhancer SAK3 could be a candidate therapeutic in Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Liang X, Ma L, Long X, Wang X. LncRNA expression profiles and validation in keloid and normal skin tissue. Int J Oncol. 2015;47:1829-38 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, bioinformation analysis suggested that lncRNA CACNA1G-AS1 may be crucial to keloid formation...
- Slawinska A, Plowiec A, Siwek M, Jaroszewski M, Bednarczyk M. Long-Term Transcriptomic Effects of Prebiotics and Synbiotics Delivered In Ovo in Broiler Chickens. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0168899 pubmed publisher..transport (BEST4, SLC9A3, and SLC13A2), metabolism (OGT, ALPP, CA4, and CA7), signaling (FGG, G3BP2, UBB, G3BP2, CACNA1G, and ATP6V0A4), and immune responses (MSMB, LGALS3, CABIN1, CXCR5, PAX5, and TNFRSF14)...
- Devergnas A, Chen E, Ma Y, Hamada I, Pittard D, Kammermeier S, et al. Anatomical localization of Cav3.1 calcium channels and electrophysiological effects of T-type calcium channel blockade in the motor thalamus of MPTP-treated monkeys. J Neurophysiol. 2016;115:470-85 pubmed publisher..Whereas the described changes are promising, a more complete assessment of the cellular and behavioral effects of ML218 (or similar drugs) is needed for a full appraisal of their anti-Parkinsonian potential. ..
- Tikkanen E, Haverinen J, Egginton S, Hassinen M, Vornanen M. Effects of prolonged anoxia on electrical activity of the heart in crucian carp (Carassius carassius). J Exp Biol. 2017;220:445-454 pubmed publisher..2b K+ channel gene (kcnj12b), whereas expression of Ca2+ (cacna1a, cacna1c and cacna1g) and Na+ channel genes (scn4a and scn5a) was not affected...
- Tracy M, Tesic V, Stamenić T, Joksimovic S, Busquet N, Jevtovic Todorovic V, et al. CaV3.1 isoform of T-type calcium channels supports excitability of rat and mouse ventral tegmental area neurons. Neuropharmacology. 2018;135:343-354 pubmed publisher..1 T-type channels in drug response. We conclude that pharmacological targeting of CaV3.1 isoform of T-channels may be a novel approach for the treatment of disorders of mesolimbic reward system. ..
- Weaver E, Zamora F, Hearne J, Martin Caraballo M. Posttranscriptional regulation of T-type Ca(2+) channel expression by interleukin-6 in prostate cancer cells. Cytokine. 2015;76:309-320 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the functional expression of T-type Ca(2+) channels is regulated by the interplay of multiple factors in LNCaP cells. ..
- KarmaÅ¾ÃnovÃ¡ M, JaÅ¡kovÃ¡ K, Griac P, Perez Reyes E, LacinovÃ¡ Ä. Contrasting the roles of the I-II loop gating brake in CaV3.1 and CaV3.3 calcium channels. Pflugers Arch. 2015;467:2519-27 pubmed publisher..We suggest that activation of the voltage sensor in domain I is limiting both the voltage dependence and the kinetics of CaV3 channel activation. ..
- Yang W, Li Q, Wang S, Gao F, Qian W, Li F, et al. Cannabinoid receptor agonists modulate calcium channels in rat retinal MÃ¼ller cells. Neuroscience. 2016;313:213-24 pubmed publisher..The existence of receptor-dependent and -independent mechanisms suggests that cannabinoids may modulate MÃ¼ller cell functions through multiple pathways. ..
- Cain S, Ahn S, Garcia E, Zhang Y, Waheed Z, Tyson J, et al. Heantos-4, a natural plant extract used in the treatment of drug addiction, modulates T-type calcium channels and thalamocortical burst-firing. Mol Brain. 2016;9:94 pubmed
- Jeong K, Lee S, Seo H, Oh Y, Jang D, Choe J, et al. Ca-Î±1T, a fly T-type Ca2+ channel, negatively modulates sleep. Sci Rep. 2015;5:17893 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study suggests invertebrate T-type Ca(2+) channels promote wakefulness rather than stabilizing sleep. ..
- Mitani K, Sekiguchi F, Maeda T, Tanaka Y, Yoshida S, Kawabata A. The prostaglandin E2/EP4 receptor/cyclic AMP/T-type Ca(2+) channel pathway mediates neuritogenesis in sensory neuron-like ND7/23 cells. J Pharmacol Sci. 2016;130:177-80 pubmed publisher..The neuritogenesis induced by db-cAMP or PGE2 was abolished by T-channel blockers. T-channels were functionally upregulated by db-cAMP. The PGE2/EP4/cAMP/T-channel pathway thus appears to mediate neuritogenesis in sensory neurons. ..
- Calhoun J, Hawkins N, Zachwieja N, Kearney J. Cacna1g is a genetic modifier of epilepsy caused by mutation of voltage-gated sodium channel Scn2a. Epilepsia. 2016;57:e103-7 pubmed publisher..Genetic mapping and RNA-Seq analysis identified Cacna1g as a candidate modifier gene at the Moe1 locus, which influences Scn2a(Q54) phenotype severity...
- Shiovitz S, Bertagnolli M, Renfro L, Nam E, Foster N, Dzieciatkowski S, et al. CpG island methylator phenotype is associated with response to adjuvant irinotecan-based therapy for stage III colon cancer. Gastroenterology. 2014;147:637-45 pubmed publisher..from available tumor samples (nÂ = 615) was used to determine CIMP status based on methylation patterns at the CACNA1G, IGF2, NEUROG1, RUNX3, and SOCS1 loci...
- Tatsuki F, Sunagawa G, Shi S, Susaki E, Yukinaga H, Perrin D, et al. Involvement of Ca(2+)-Dependent Hyperpolarization in Sleep Duration in Mammals. Neuron. 2016;90:70-85 pubmed publisher..Here we found that impaired Ca(2+)-dependent K(+) channels (Kcnn2 and Kcnn3), voltage-gated Ca(2+) channels (Cacna1g and Cacna1h), or Ca(2+)/calmodulin-dependent kinases (Camk2a and Camk2b) decrease sleep duration, while impaired ..
- Lin X, Lim I, Wu Y, Teh A, Chen L, Aris I, et al. Developmental pathways to adiposity begin before birth and are influenced by genotype, prenatal environment and epigenome. BMC Med. 2017;15:50 pubmed publisher..Neonatal methylation markers from seven gene loci (ANK3, CDKN2B, CACNA1G, IGDCC4, P4HA3, ZNF423 and MIRLET7BHG) were significantly associated with birth weight, with a subset of these in ..
- Wen X, Zhong J, Zhang T, Lai X, Liu H, Wang H, et al. [Role of calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II in bupivacaine hydrochloride-induced injury of SH-SY5Y cells]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2015;35:1133-6 pubmed..All these changes were partly reversed by treatment of the cells with 1 mmol/L KN93. CaMKII may play a role in bupivacaine hydrochloride-induced SH-SY5Y cells injury, which is related with upregulated Cav3.1 protein expression. ..
- Bardai G, Lemyre E, Moffatt P, Palomo T, Glorieux F, Tung J, et al. Osteogenesis Imperfecta Type I Caused by COL1A1 Deletions. Calcif Tissue Int. 2016;98:76-84 pubmed..Three individuals from 2 families had deletions that included also CACNA1G, and these individuals had learning disabilities...
- Yang J, Mamounis K, Yasrebi A, Roepke T. Regulation of gene expression by 17Î²-estradiol in the arcuate nucleus of the mouse through ERE-dependent and ERE-independent mechanisms. Steroids. 2016;107:128-38 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that E2B regulates multiple genes through these mechanisms. Of note, Cacna1g and Kcnmb1 channel expression was increased by E2B in WT females only, suggesting an ERE-dependent regulation...
- Ferdous Z, Qureshi M, Jayaprakash P, Parekh K, John A, Oz M, et al. Different Profile of mRNA Expression in Sinoatrial Node from Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rat. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0153934 pubmed publisher..Gjc1; cell membrane transport, Slc8a1, Trpc1, Trpc6 (4-fold); intracellular Ca2+-transport, Ryr3; calcium channel Cacna1g, Cacna1h, Cacnb3; potassium channels, Kcnj5, Kcnk3 and natriuretic peptides, Nppa (5-fold) and Nppb (7-fold)...
- Emerick M, Stein R, Kunze R, McNulty M, Regan M, Hanck D, et al. Profiling the array of Ca(v)3.1 variants from the human T-type calcium channel gene CACNA1G: alternative structures, developmental expression, and biophysical variations. Proteins. 2006;64:320-42 pubmedWe describe the regulated transcriptome of CACNA1G, a human gene for T-type Ca(v)3.1 calcium channels that is subject to extensive alternative RNA splicing...
- Wang S, Wang P, Gao F, Li Q, Liu Z, Fu X, et al. [Decreased mRNA expressions of T-type channel alpha1H and alpha1G in the sperm of varicocele patients and their implication]. Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue. 2012;18:331-4 pubmed
- Maasalu K, Laius O, Zhytnik L, Koks S, Prans E, Reimann E, et al. Featured Article: Transcriptional landscape analysis identifies differently expressed genes involved in follicle-stimulating hormone induced postmenopausal osteoporosis. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2017;242:203-213 pubmed publisher..Further statistical analysis identified a potential osteoporosis mRNA biomarker pattern consisting of six genes: CACNA1G, ALG13, SBK1, GGT7, MBNL3, and RIOK3...
- Chemin J, Taiakina V, Monteil A, Piazza M, Guan W, Stephens R, et al. Calmodulin regulates Cav3 T-type channels at their gating brake. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:20010-20031 pubmed publisher..Our findings may have implications for arrhythmia disorders arising from mutations in the gating brake or CaM. ..
- Bezençon O, Remen L, Richard S, Roch C, Kessler M, MOON R, et al. Discovery and evaluation of Cav3.1-selective T-type calcium channel blockers. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:5322-5325 pubmed publisher..2- and Cav3.3-channels. This compound displays poor DMPK properties, making its use difficult for in vivo applications. Nevertheless, this compound as well as analogous ones are well-suited for in vitro studies. ..
- Thuesen A, Andersen K, Lyngsø K, Burton M, Brasch Andersen C, Vanhoutte P, et al. Deletion of T-type calcium channels Cav3.1 or Cav3.2 attenuates endothelial dysfunction in aging mice. Pflugers Arch. 2018;470:355-365 pubmed publisher..Changes in NO levels are involved in this phenomenon in WT and Cav3.1-/- mice. These findings suggest that T-type channels play an important role in age-induced endothelial dysfunction. ..
- Bertolesi G, Jollimore C, Shi C, Elbaum L, Denovan Wright E, Barnes S, et al. Regulation of alpha1G T-type calcium channel gene (CACNA1G) expression during neuronal differentiation. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;17:1802-10 pubmed..1 Ca channel gene, CACNA1G. We identified two putative promoters (A and B) in 1.3 kb of cloned genomic DNA...
- Kim T, Choi J, Kim S, Kwon O, Nah S, Han Y, et al. The biochemical activation of T-type Ca2+ channels in HEK293 cells stably expressing alpha1G and Kir2.1 subunits. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;324:401-8 pubmed..1 cell line would have potential uses in the study of T-type Ca(2)(+) channel-mediated signaling pathways and possibly useful in the development of new therapeutic drugs associated with T-type Ca(2)(+) channels. ..
- Strom S, Stone J, Ten Bosch J, Merriman B, Cantor R, Geschwind D, et al. High-density SNP association study of the 17q21 chromosomal region linked to autism identifies CACNA1G as a novel candidate gene. Mol Psychiatry. 2010;15:996-1005 pubmed publisher..Markers within an interval containing the gene, CACNA1G, were found to be associated with Autism Spectrum Disorder at a locally significant level (P=1.9 × 10(-5))...
- Ohkubo T, Yamazaki J. T-type voltage-activated calcium channel Cav3.1, but not Cav3.2, is involved in the inhibition of proliferation and apoptosis in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells. Int J Oncol. 2012;41:267-75 pubmed publisher..1 knockdown blocked cyclophosphamide-induced apoptosis. These results suggest that Cav3.1 channels may contribute to the repression of tumor proliferation and the promotion of apoptosis mediated via Cav3.1-specific Ca2+ influx. ..
- Lopin K, Gray I, Obejero Paz C, Thevenod F, Jones S. Fe²? block and permeation of CaV3.1 (?1G) T-type calcium channels: candidate mechanism for non-transferrin-mediated Fe²? influx. Mol Pharmacol. 2012;82:1194-204 pubmed publisher..1 channels exhibit a significant "window current" at that voltage (open probability, ?1%), Ca(V)3.1 channels represent a likely pathway for Fe²? entry into cells with clinically relevant concentrations of extracellular Fe²?. ..