Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CACNA1B
Description: calcium voltage-gated channel subunit alpha1 B
Alias: BIII, CACNL1A5, CACNN, Cav2.2, DYT23, voltage-dependent N-type calcium channel subunit alpha-1B, Cav2.2 voltage-gated Ca2+ channel, brain calcium channel III, calcium channel alpha12.2 subunit, calcium channel, L type, alpha-1 polypeptide, calcium channel, voltage-dependent, L type, alpha 1B subunit, calcium channel, voltage-dependent, N type, alpha 1B subunit, voltage-gated calcium channel alpha subunit Cav2.2, voltage-gated calcium channel subunit alpha Cav2.2
Publications147 found, 100 shown here
- Pipiková J, Papajová I, Majlathova V, Soltys J, Bystrianska J, Schusterová I, et al. First report on Giardia duodenalis assemblage F in Slovakian children living in poor environmental conditions. J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2018;: pubmed publisher..As regards the determination of sub-assemblages of assemblage B, 4 isolates were characterized as sub-assemblage BIII and 6 isolates as sub-assemblage BIV...
- Zheng Y, Hu G, Wu W, Zhao Z, Meng S, Fan L, et al. Transcriptome analysis of juvenile genetically improved farmed tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) livers by dietary resveratrol supplementation. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2019;: pubmed publisher..foxo signaling (ccnb2), steroid hormone biosynthesis (cyp3a40), fatty acid metabolism (scd1), metabolism (cacna1b) have been significantly decreased, while genes associated with such pathways above (leap-2, prdx4, mb, homer1, ..
- Luo H, Shen J, Chen C, Ma X, Lin C, Ouyang Q, et al. Lipid-lowering effects of oleanolic acid in hyperlipidemic patients. Chin J Nat Med. 2018;16:339-346 pubmed publisher..Five mRNAs (CACNA1B, FCN, STEAP3, AMPH, and NR6A1) were selected to validate the expression levels by qRT-PCR...
- Piaggi P, Mašindová I, Muller Y, Mercader J, Wiessner G, Chen P, et al. A Genome-Wide Association Study Using a Custom Genotyping Array Identifies Variants in GPR158 Associated With Reduced Energy Expenditure in American Indians. Diabetes. 2017;66:2284-2295 pubmed publisher..to GPR158, which is highly expressed in the brain and interacts with two other genes (RGS7 and CACNA1B) known to affect obesity in knockout mice...
- RamÃrez J, Heredia R, HernÃ¡ndez C, LeÃ³n C, Moncada L, Reyes P, et al. Molecular diagnosis and genotype analysis of Giardia duodenalis in asymptomatic children from a rural area in central Colombia. Infect Genet Evol. 2015;32:208-13 pubmed publisher..Hence, the sub-assemblages were typed as AI, AII, BIII and BIV across the population...
- Gherman C, Kalmar Z, Györke A, Mircean V. Occurrence of Giardia duodenalis assemblages in farmed long-tailed chinchillas Chinchilla lanigera (Rodentia) from Romania. Parasit Vectors. 2018;11:86 pubmed publisher..6%). Assemblages B (151/190), D (33/190) and E (6/190) were identified. Among assemblage B, sub-assemblages BIII (6/151) and BIV (145/151) were determined. This study demonstrates that Giardia spp...
- Rahimian F, Sadraei J, Pirestani M, Ghaffarifar F. A modified PCR-RFLP method to determine genetic diversity of Giardia lamblia human isolates based on triosephosphate isomerase (TPI) gene. Acta Trop. 2018;186:58-62 pubmed publisher..The latter RFLP was carried out to identify subtypes.The final results were 100% (35/35) AII, 82.3% (14/17) BIII, and 17.7% (3/17) BIV...
- Gadotti V, Bladen C, Zhang F, Chen L, GÃ¼ndÃ¼z M, ÅžimÅŸek R, et al. Analgesic effect of a broad-spectrum dihydropyridine inhibitor of voltage-gated calcium channels. Pflugers Arch. 2015;467:2485-93 pubmed publisher..3 (T-type) and Cav2.2 (N-type) currents. Altogether, our data indicate that broad-spectrum inhibition of multiple calcium channel subtypes can lead to potent analgesia in rodents. ..
- Furukawa H, Yamane N, Honda T, Yamasawa T, Kanaoka Y, Tanemoto K. Angiographic appearance of patent saphenous vein grafts more than 25 years after coronary artery bypass grafting. Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2018;: pubmed publisher..The other eight grafts exhibited some vein graft disease (BII:3, BIII:5). The sequential anastomosis was performed for 5 SVGs...
- Pudukulatham Z, Zhang F, Gadotti V, M Dahoma S, Swami P, Tamboli Y, et al. Synthesis and characterization of a disubstituted piperazine derivative with T-type channel blocking action and analgesic properties. Mol Pain. 2016;12: pubmed publisher..2 channels. Altogether, our data identify a novel T-type calcium channel blocker with tight structure activity relationship (SAR) and relevant in vivo efficacy in inflammatory pain conditions. ..
- Ament S, Szelinger S, Glusman G, Ashworth J, Hou L, Akula N, et al. Rare variants in neuronal excitability genes influence risk for bipolar disorder. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:3576-81 pubmed publisher..candidate genes in an additional 3,014 cases and 1,717 controls confirmed rare variant associations in ANK3, CACNA1B, CACNA1C, CACNA1D, CACNG2, CAMK2A, and NGF...
- Khan S, Riazuddin S, Shahzad M, Ahmed N, Zafar A, Rehman A, et al. DFNB79: reincarnation of a nonsyndromic deafness locus on chromosome 9q34.3. Eur J Hum Genet. 2010;18:125-9 pubmed publisher..We are currently screening the 113 candidate DFNB79 genes for mutations and have excluded CACNA1B, EDF1, PTGDS, EHMT1, QSOX2, NOTCH1, MIR126 and MIR602.
- Kerti Szigeti K, Nusser Z. Similar GABAA receptor subunit composition in somatic and axon initial segment synapses of hippocampal pyramidal cells. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..1 (i.e. parvalbumin) or Cav2.2 (cholecystokinin) positive presynaptic active zones are comparable. We conclude that perisomatic synapses made by three distinct interneuron types have similar GABAA receptor subunit content. ..
- Tamandegani P, Zafari D, Marik T, Szekeres A, Vagvolgyi C, Kredics L. Peptaibol profiles of Iranian Trichoderma isolates. Acta Biol Hung. 2016;67:431-441 pubmed publisher..reported trichotoxins (trichotoxin A-50s and T5D2) and trichobrachins (longibrachins AI, AII, AIII, BII and BIII)...
- O Connell K, McGregor N, Malhotra A, Lencz T, Emsley R, Warnich L. Variation within voltage-gated calcium channel genes and antipsychotic treatment response in a South African first episode schizophrenia cohort. Pharmacogenomics J. 2019;19:109-114 pubmed publisher..Most notably, the CACNA1B rs2229949 CC genotype was associated with improved negative symptomology, where the C allele was predicted to ..
- Tumova P, Mazánek L, Lecová L, Dluhošová J, Typovska H, Kotrasová V, et al. A natural zoonotic giardiasis: Infection of a child via Giardia cysts in pet chinchilla droppings. Parasitol Int. 2018;67:759-762 pubmed publisher..Both Giardia sub-assemblages BIII and BIV were present in the chinchilla droppings, whereas only the sub-assemblage BIV was isolated from the child's ..
- Lan C, Zhao S, Luo J, Fan P. First-principles study of anion diffusion in lead-free halide double perovskites. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2018;: pubmed publisher..band method, these double perovskites are found with different barriers for halide ion migrations around Ag- and BIII-octahedrons due to different migration bottleneck radii and B-X bond characters...
- Lenkey N, Kirizs T, Holderith N, MÃ¡tÃ© Z, SzabÃ³ G, Vizi E, et al. Tonic endocannabinoid-mediated modulation of GABA release is independent of the CB1 content of axon terminals. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6557 pubmed publisher..2 Ca(2+) channel subunit. Our data suggest that only a subpopulation of CB1s, within nanometre distances from their target Cav2.2 channels, are responsible for endocannabinoid-mediated modulation of GABA release. ..
- Wu D, Li T, Wang H, Shi W, Hou Q, Zhang H, et al. [Clinical and genetic analysis of a boy with 9q34.3 microdeletion syndrome]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi. 2017;34:849-852 pubmed publisher..3 in the proband, which encompassed the EHMT1 gene and part of CACNA1B gene. The de novo 9q34.3 deletion probably underlies the mental retardation and development delay in the boy...
- Khan M, Murtaza G, Revaprasadu N, O Brien P. Synthesis of chalcopyrite-type and thiospinel minerals/materials by low temperature melts of xanthates. Dalton Trans. 2018;: pubmed publisher..The method has great potential for the facile scalable synthesis of ternary materials of composition ABX2 (such as AI = Ag, Cu; BIII = Bi, Cr, Fe, In, Sb and X = S) or AB2X4 (AII = Cd, Co, Cu, Ni; BIII = Co, Cr, Ni, Fe, and X = S).
- Turvey S, Hansford J, Kennerley R, NuÃ±ez MiÃ±o J, Brocca J, Young R. A new subspecies of hutia (Plagiodontia, Capromyidae, Rodentia) from southern Hispaniola. Zootaxa. 2015;3957:201-14 pubmed publisher..The southeastern Hispaniolan subspecies is described as Plagiodontia aedium bondi subsp. nov., and is assessed as Endangered under Criterion B1a,biii,v on the IUCN Red List.
- Silva F, Miranda A, Santos R, Olmo I, Zamponi G, Dobransky T, et al. N-type Ca2+ channels are affected by full-length mutant huntingtin expression in a mouse model of Huntington's disease. Neurobiol Aging. 2017;55:1-10 pubmed publisher..Notably, 12-month old BACHD mice exhibit decreased Cav2.2 cell surface expression and glutamate release, suggesting that Cav2.2 alterations vary according to disease stage. ..
- Akinkuotu O, Takeet M, Otesile E, Olufemi F, Greenwood S, McClure J. Multi-locus genotyping and phylogenetic analyses of Giardia intestinalis isolates from indigenous goats in Ogun State, Nigeria. Acta Trop. 2019;195:15-22 pubmed publisher..Additionally, sub-assemblages BI (n = 7) and BIII (n = 2) were identified with up to four single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) occurring in these isolates...
- Li L, Li D, Chen S, Chen J, Hu H, Pan H. Potentiation of high voltage-activated calcium channels by 4-aminopyridine depends on subunit composition. Mol Pharmacol. 2014;86:760-72 pubmed publisher..2-CavÎ²3 and Cav2.2-CavÎ²3 interactions. The therapeutic effect of 4-AP on neuromuscular function is probably mediated by its actions on CavÎ²3-containing L-type Ca(2+) channels. ..
- Mallmann R, Ondacova K, Moravcikova L, Jurkovicova Tarabova B, Pavlovicová M, Moravcik R, et al. Four novel interaction partners demonstrate diverse modulatory effects on voltage-gated CaV2.2 Ca2+ channels. Pflugers Arch. 2019;: pubmed publisher..Therefore, TMEM223 and, to a lesser extent, PTGDS, may negatively modulate Ca2+ entry required for transmitter release and/or for dendritic plasticity under physiological conditions. ..
- Leenders A, Lin L, Huang L, Gerwin C, Lu P, Sheng Z. The role of MAP1A light chain 2 in synaptic surface retention of Cav2.2 channels in hippocampal neurons. J Neurosci. 2008;28:11333-46 pubmed publisher..2 to the actin cytoskeleton, thus contributing to presynaptic function. ..
- Beqollari D, Romberg C, Filipova D, Papadopoulos S, Bannister R. Functional assessment of three Rem residues identified as critical for interactions with Ca(2+) channel Î² subunits. Pflugers Arch. 2015;467:2299-306 pubmed publisher..In contrast to the earlier work demonstrating that Rem H229A was unable to interact with Î²3 subunits in vitro, V-Rem H229A produced nearly complete inhibition of CaV2.2-mediated currents. ..
- Li Y, Liu Y, Fan J, Zhou Q, Song X, Peng Z, et al. Validation and bioinformatic analysis of propofol-induced differentially expressed microRNAs in primary cultured neural stem cells. Gene. 2018;664:90-100 pubmed publisher..Gabbr1 and Cacna1b, which are targeted by miRNAs that are up-regulated following propofol exposure, showed decreased expression at ..
- Yang J, Xie M, Hu L, Wang X, Mai J, Li Y, et al. Upregulation of N-type calcium channels in the soma of uninjured dorsal root ganglion neurons contributes to neuropathic pain by increasing neuronal excitability following peripheral nerve injury. Brain Behav Immun. 2018;71:52-65 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the upregulation of Cav2.2 in uninjured DRG neurons via IL-1β over-production contributes to neuropathic pain by increasing neuronal excitability following peripheral nerve injury. ..
- Wang Z, Cai J, Fu Q, Cheng L, Wu L, Zhang W, et al. Anti-Inflammatory Activities of Compounds Isolated from the Rhizome of Anemarrhena asphodeloides. Molecules. 2018;23: pubmed publisher..Timosaponin BIII (TBIII) and trans-hinokiresinol (t-HL) exhibited significant inhibitory effects on the NO production in a ..
- Naranjo D, Wen H, Brehm P. Zebrafish CaV2.1 calcium channels are tailored for fast synchronous neuromuscular transmission. Biophys J. 2015;108:578-84 pubmed publisher..1. The efficient activation of CaV2.1 channels during APs may contribute to the highly reliable transmission at zebrafish neuromuscular junctions. ..
- Wang H, Lu C, Lin T, Kuo J, Wang S. WAY208466 inhibits glutamate release at hippocampal nerve terminals. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016;781:117-27 pubmed publisher..This finding implicated a potential therapeutic role of 5-HT6 receptor agonist in the treatment of depression and other neurological diseases associated with glutamate excitotoxicity. ..
- Cassidy J, Ferron L, Kadurin I, Pratt W, Dolphin A. Functional exofacially tagged N-type calcium channels elucidate the interaction with auxiliary Î±2Î´-1 subunits. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:8979-84 pubmed publisher..2 and Î±2Î´-1 is not disrupted by gabapentin. Altogether, these results demonstrate that CaV2.2 and Î±2Î´-1 are intimately associated at the plasma membrane and allow us to infer a region of interaction. ..
- Song L, Espinoza Fuenzalida I, Etheridge S, Jones O, Fitzgerald E. The R-Domain: Identification of an N-terminal Region of the Î±2Î´-1 Subunit Which is Necessary and Sufficient for its Effects on Cav2.2 Calcium Currents. Curr Mol Pharmacol. 2015;8:169-79 pubmed..We suggest, therefore, that Rd likely constitutes the major locus for physical interaction with the Î±1 subunit and may provide a target for novel Cav therapeutics. ..
- Chang C, Lin T, Lu C, Wang C, Wang Y, Chou S, et al. Apigenin, a natural flavonoid, inhibits glutamate release in the rat hippocampus. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015;762:72-81 pubmed publisher..2 (N-type) and Cav2.1 (P/Q-type) channels, thereby inhibiting glutamate release from the rat hippocampal nerve terminals. ..
- Weiss J, Pyrski M, Weissgerber P, Zufall F. Altered synaptic transmission at olfactory and vomeronasal nerve terminals in mice lacking N-type calcium channel Cav2.2. Eur J Neurosci. 2014;40:3422-35 pubmed publisher..In Cacna1b mutant mice lacking the Cav2...
- Patel R, Bauer C, Nieto Rostro M, Margas W, Ferron L, Chaggar K, et al. Î±2Î´-1 gene deletion affects somatosensory neuron function and delays mechanical hypersensitivity in response to peripheral nerve damage. J Neurosci. 2013;33:16412-26 pubmed publisher..Thus, Î±2Î´-1 is essential for rapid development of mechanical hypersensitivity in a nerve injury model of neuropathic pain. ..
- Inpankaew T, SchÃ¤r F, Odermatt P, Dalsgaard A, Chimnoi W, Khieu V, et al. Low risk for transmission of zoonotic Giardia duodenalis from dogs to humans in rural Cambodia. Parasit Vectors. 2014;7:412 pubmed publisher..5% (11/40) of Giardia positive humans into assemblage AII and 72.5% (29/40) into assemblage BIII of G.â€‰duodenalis. In dogs, 20.0% (2/10) of Giardia-positive samples were characterised as G...
- Berecki G, Motin L, Adams D. Mechanism of direct Cav2.2 channel block by the ?-opioid receptor agonist U50488H. Neuropharmacology. 2016;109:49-58 pubmed publisher..This cross-reactivity also suggests potentially common U50488H binding motifs across Cav channel targets. ..
- Moutal A, Yang X, Li W, Gilbraith K, Luo S, Cai S, et al. CRISPR/Cas9 editing of Nf1 gene identifies CRMP2 as a therapeutic target in neurofibromatosis type 1-related pain that is reversed by (S)-Lacosamide. Pain. 2017;158:2301-2319 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal the protein partners that drive NF1 pain and suggest that CRMP2 is a key target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Rajagopal S, Fields B, Burton B, On C, Reeder A, Kamatchi G. Inhibition of protein kinase C (PKC) response of voltage-gated calcium (Cav)2.2 channels expressed in Xenopus oocytes by CavÎ² subunits. Neuroscience. 2014;280:1-9 pubmed publisher..2Î±1 subunits. In addition to affecting channel expression and current kinetics, CavÎ² subunits may also modulate the response of these channels to neurochemicals. ..
- Meng S, Wang H, Xue D, Zhang W. Screening and validation of differentially expressed extracellular miRNAs in acute pancreatitis. Mol Med Rep. 2017;16:6412-6418 pubmed publisher..prediction analysis revealed that downstream target genes of miR?24 included Vav2, Syk, Lhcgr, Slc9a3r1, Cacnb1, Cacna1b, Bcl10, and Fgd3...
- Zhang S, Yang L, Zhang K, Liu X, Dai W, Zhang C, et al. ZC88, a novel N-type calcium channel blocker from 4-amino-piperidine derivatives state-dependent inhibits Cav2.2 calcium channels. Brain Res. 2015;1605:12-21 pubmed publisher..2 channel inhibitor and can achieve an improved therapeutic window over the relatively state-independent Cav2.2-selective inhibitor, which may have potential to be developed into a novel analgesic agent. ..
- Park S, Min S, Kang H, Lee J. Differential zinc permeation and blockade of L-type Ca2+ channel isoforms Cav1.2 and Cav1.3. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1848:2092-100 pubmed publisher..2. In overall, we provide evidence that Cav1.2 and Cav1.3 isoforms are capable of potentially functioning as zinc permeation routes, through which zinc entry can be differentially augmented by mild acidifications. ..
- Felizola S, Maekawa T, Nakamura Y, Satoh F, Ono Y, Kikuchi K, et al. Voltage-gated calcium channels in the human adrenal and primary aldosteronism. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2014;144 Pt B:410-6 pubmed publisher..The immunolocalization of CCs in NA and IHA was detected in the zona glomerulosa (ZG), with a predominance of CaV3.2 in APA. These findings suggest that different types of CC can be involved in calcium-related aldosterone biosynthesis. ..
- Swensen A, Niforatos W, Lee C, Jarvis M, McGaraughty S. Characterization of the triazine, T4, a representative from a novel series of CaV2 inhibitors with strong state-dependence, poor use-dependence, and distinctively fast kinetics. Eur J Pharmacol. 2014;745:234-42 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, T4 inhibited CaV2.2 channels more potently when channel inactivation was driven through a tonic sub-threshold depolarization rather than through a use-dependent protocol, despite similar levels of inactivation. ..
- Liu F, Zhou Q, Zhou J, Sun H, Wang Y, Zou X, et al. 14-3-3Ï„ promotes surface expression of Cav2.2 (Î±1B) Ca2+ channels. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:2689-98 pubmed publisher..2 channels in transfected tsA-201 cells and neurons. Altogether, our findings reveal a previously unidentified regulatory function of 14-3-3 proteins in promoting the surface expression of Cav2.2 Î±1B channels. ..
- Kim D, Kang M, Kim S, Lee J, Park Y, Chang I, et al. Molecular Basis of the Membrane Interaction of the Î²2e Subunit of Voltage-Gated Ca(2+) Channels. Biophys J. 2015;109:922-35 pubmed publisher..The PS-Î²2e interaction observed here provides a molecular insight into general principles for protein binding to the plasma membrane, as well as the regulatory roles of phospholipids in transporters and ion channels. ..
- Gil H, Cano L, de Lucio A, Bailo B, de Mingo M, Cardona G, et al. Detection and molecular diversity of Giardia duodenalis and Cryptosporidium spp. in sheltered dogs and cats in Northern Spain. Infect Genet Evol. 2017;50:62-69 pubmed publisher..allowed the characterization of 19 canine isolates that were unambiguously assigned to sub-assemblages AII (n=7), BIII (n=1), and BIV (n=7), and assemblages C (n=3) and D (n=1)...
- D Arco M, Margas W, Cassidy J, Dolphin A. The upregulation of Î±2Î´-1 subunit modulates activity-dependent Ca2+ signals in sensory neurons. J Neurosci. 2015;35:5891-903 pubmed publisher..2 channels. Thus, by controlling channel abundance at the plasma membrane, the Î±2Î´-1 subunit has a major impact on the organization of depolarization-induced intracellular Ca(2+) signaling in dorsal root ganglion neurons. ..
- Moutal A, FranÃ§ois Moutal L, Perez Miller S, Cottier K, Chew L, Yeon S, et al. (S)-Lacosamide Binding to Collapsin Response Mediator Protein 2 (CRMP2) Regulates CaV2.2 Activity by Subverting Its Phosphorylation by Cdk5. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:1959-1976 pubmed publisher..2 in (S)-LCM-treated neurons compared to controls. (S)-LCM, to our knowledge, is the first molecule described to directly inhibit CRMP2 phosphorylation and may be useful for delineating CRMP2-facilitated functions. ..
- Tang W, Thevathasan J, Lin Q, Lim K, Kuroda K, Kaibuchi K, et al. Stimulation of Synaptic Vesicle Exocytosis by the Mental Disease Gene DISC1 is Mediated by N-Type Voltage-Gated Calcium Channels. Front Synaptic Neurosci. 2016;8:15 pubmed publisher..2 currents. Collectively, these results show that DISC1-dependent enhancement of SV exocytosis is mediated by Cav2.2 and point to aberrant glutamate release as a probable endophenotype of major psychiatric disorders. ..
- Chang C, Lin T, Lu C, Huang S, Wang Y, Chou S, et al. Hesperidin inhibits glutamate release and exerts neuroprotection against excitotoxicity induced by kainic acid in the hippocampus of rats. Neurotoxicology. 2015;50:157-69 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that hesperidin may be a promising candidate for preventing or treating glutamate excitotoxicity related brain disorders such as neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Tang Z, Li G, Yang J, Duan J, Qian D, Guo J, et al. Anemarrhena asphodeloides Non-Steroidal Saponin Components Alter the Pharmacokinetic Profile of Its Steroidal Saponins in Rat. Molecules. 2015;20:11777-92 pubmed publisher..At different time points, the concentration of timosaponin BII, anemarsaponin BIII, timosaponin AIII and timosaponin E1 in rat plasma were determined and main pharmacokinetic parameters including ..
- Mahmoud S, Farrag M, Ruiz Velasco V. GÎ³7 proteins contribute to coupling of nociceptin/orphanin FQ peptide (NOP) opioid receptors and voltage-gated Ca(2+) channels in rat stellate ganglion neurons. Neurosci Lett. 2016;627:77-83 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that the GÎ±i1/GÎ²2(Î²4)/GÎ³7 heterotrimeric G protein complex determines the NOP receptor-mediated modulation of CaV channels in SG neurons. ..
- Dahimene S, Page K, Nieto Rostro M, Pratt W, D Arco M, Dolphin A. A CaV2.1 N-terminal fragment relieves the dominant-negative inhibition by an Episodic ataxia 2 mutant. Neurobiol Dis. 2016;93:243-56 pubmed publisher..1, which prevents the correct folding of the wild-type channel. In agreement with this, we were able to disrupt the interaction between EA2 and the full length channel by co-expressing a free N-terminal peptide. ..
- Lazcano Pérez F, Castro H, Arenas I, Garcia D, González Muñoz R, Arreguin Espinosa R. Activity of Palythoa caribaeorum Venom on Voltage-Gated Ion Channels in Mammalian Superior Cervical Ganglion Neurons. Toxins (Basel). 2016;8: pubmed publisher..Together, these results provide evidence for the potential use of zoanthids as a novel source of cnidarian toxins active on voltage-gated ion channels. ..
- Hijjawi N, Yang R, Mukbel R, Yassin Y, Mharib T, Ryan U. First genetic characterisation of Giardia in human isolates from Jordan. Parasitol Res. 2016;115:3723-9 pubmed publisher..Subtyping at the gdh locus identified sub-assemblage AII in 43.7 % (21/48) of isolates and sub-assemblages BIII and BIV in 25 % (12/48) and 31...
- Zhao H, Yang C, Yan X. Fabrication and bioconjugation of BIII and CrIII co-doped ZnGa2O4 persistent luminescent nanoparticles for dual-targeted cancer bioimaging. Nanoscale. 2016;8:18987-18994 pubmed..This work provides a dual-targeting strategy for fabricating PLNP-based nanoprobes to realize precision tumour-targeted bioimaging. ..
- Kim Y, Jeong J, Ahn D, Chung S. Phospholipase C-dependent hydrolysis of phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate underlies agmatine-induced suppression of N-type Ca2+ channel in rat celiac ganglion neurons. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;484:342-347 pubmed publisher..2 channel voltage-independently, and that the PLC-dependent PIP2 hydrolysis is responsible for the agmatine-induced suppression of the Cav2.2 channel. ..
- Yu R, Seymour V, Berecki G, Jia X, Akcan M, Adams D, et al. Less is More: Design of a Highly Stable Disulfide-Deleted Mutant of Analgesic Cyclic Î±-Conotoxin Vc1.1. Sci Rep. 2015;5:13264 pubmed publisher..Because it has only one disulfide bond, hcVc1.1 is not subject to disulfide bond shuffling and does not form multiple isomers during peptide synthesis. ..
- Zhang F, Gadotti V, Souza I, Chen L, Zamponi G. BK Potassium Channels Suppress Cavα2δ Subunit Function to Reduce Inflammatory and Neuropathic Pain. Cell Rep. 2018;22:1956-1964 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data reveal an endogenous ligand of the Cavα2δ subunit with analgesic properties. ..
- Moutal A, Sun L, Yang X, Li W, Cai S, Luo S, et al. CRMP2-Neurofibromin Interface Drives NF1-related Pain. Neuroscience. 2018;381:79-90 pubmed publisher..Our findings support future pharmacological targeting of the CRMP2/neurofibromin interface for NF1-related pain relief. ..
- Rahman W, Patel R, Dickenson A. Electrophysiological evidence for voltage-gated calcium channel 2 (Cav2) modulation of mechano- and thermosensitive spinal neuronal responses in a rat model of osteoarthritis. Neuroscience. 2015;305:76-85 pubmed publisher..Our in vivo electrophysiological results demonstrate a pathological state-dependent effect of TROX-1, which suggests an increased functional role of Cav2, likely Cav2.2, channels in mediating OA pain. ..
- Cavazzini F, Campioni D, Ferrari L, Buldini B, Bardi M, Michielotto B, et al. Expression of the immunoglobulin superfamily cell membrane adhesion molecule Cd146 in acute leukemia. Cytometry B Clin Cytom. 2016;90:247-56 pubmed publisher..Among B-ALL CD146-positive cases, 78.6% were associated with a "common"/BII-ALL and 21.4% with a pre-B/BIII-ALL immunophenotype while pro-B/BI-ALL and mature-B/BIV-ALL cases were CD146-negative...
- Takada Y, Hirano M, Kiyonaka S, Ueda Y, Yamaguchi K, Nakahara K, et al. Rab3 interacting molecule 3 mutations associated with autism alter regulation of voltage-dependent CaÂ²âº channels. Cell Calcium. 2015;58:296-306 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data raise the interesting possibility that autism phenotypes are elicited by synaptic dysfunction via altered regulation of presynaptic VDCC function and neurotransmitter release. ..
- Gafar H, Dominguez Rodriguez M, Chandaka G, Salzer I, Boehm S, Schicker K. Membrane coordination of receptors and channels mediating the inhibition of neuronal ion currents by ADP. Purinergic Signal. 2016;12:497-507 pubmed publisher..This juxtaposition may even result in apparent physical interactions between receptors and channels. ..
- FaragÃ³ N, Kocsis Ã, BraskÃ³ C, Lovas S, RÃ³zsa M, Baka J, et al. Human neuronal changes in brain edema and increased intracranial pressure. Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2016;4:78 pubmed publisher..In single pyramidal cells, mRNA copy numbers of AQP1, AQP3, HMOX1, KCNN4, SCN3B and SOD2 increased, while CACNA1B, CRH decreased in edema...
- Lai C, Ho Y, Hsieh M, Wang H, Cheng J, Chau Y, et al. Spinal Fbxo3-Dependent Fbxl2 Ubiquitination of Active Zone Protein RIM1? Mediates Neuropathic Allodynia through CaV2.2 Activation. J Neurosci. 2016;36:9722-38 pubmed publisher..Research in this area, now in its infancy, could potentially provide a novel therapeutic strategy for pain relief. ..
- Dacal E, Saugar J, de Lucio A, Hernández de Mingo M, Robinson E, Köster P, et al. Prevalence and molecular characterization of Strongyloides stercoralis, Giardia duodenalis, Cryptosporidium spp., and Blastocystis spp. isolates in school children in Cubal, Western Angola. Parasit Vectors. 2018;11:67 pubmed publisher..3%), AII (14.3%), BIII (7.1%) and BIV (25.0%). Discordant typing results AII/AIII and BIII/BIV were identified in 7.1% and 14...
- Lu C, Lin T, Huang S, Wang S. Echinacoside Inhibits Glutamate Release by Suppressing Voltage-Dependent Ca(2+) Entry and Protein Kinase C in Rat Cerebrocortical Nerve Terminals. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..According to these results, we suggest that the inhibitory effect of echinacoside on evoked glutamate release is associated with reduced voltage-dependent Ca(2+) entry and subsequent suppression of protein kinase C activity. ..
- Xie J, Chew L, Yang X, Wang Y, Qu C, Wang Y, et al. Sustained relief of ongoing experimental neuropathic pain by a CRMP2 peptide aptamer with low abuse potential. Pain. 2016;157:2124-40 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results validate the potential therapeutic significance of targeting the CaV-CRMP2 axis for treatment of neuropathic pain. ..
- Wang F, Yan Z, Liu Z, Wang S, Wu Q, Yu S, et al. Molecular basis of toxicity of N-type calcium channel inhibitor MVIIA. Neuropharmacology. 2016;101:137-45 pubmed publisher..2. The combinative mutations of the loop 2 of MVIIA or other Ï‰-conopeptides may be used for future development of more effective Cav2.2 inhibitors with lower side effects. ..
- Sugino S, Farrag M, Ruiz Velasco V. GÎ±14 subunit-mediated inhibition of voltage-gated Ca2+ and K+ channels via neurokinin-1 receptors in rat celiac-superior mesenteric ganglion neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2016;115:1577-86 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide evidence of a new GÎ±14-coupled signaling pathway that modulates CaV2.2 and M-currents via SP-stimulated NK-1 receptors in CSMG neurons. ..
- Rangaraju A, Krishnan S, Aparna G, Sankaran S, Mannan A, Rao B. Genetic variants in post myocardial infarction patients presenting with electrical storm of unstable ventricular tachycardia. Indian Pacing Electrophysiol J. 2018;18:91-94 pubmed publisher..sequencing and identified 25 rare variants in 19 genes predominantly in RYR2, SCN5A, KCNJ11, KCNE1 and KCNH2, CACNA1B, CACNA1C, CACNA1D and desmosomal genes - DSP and DSG2 that could potentially be implicated in electrical storm...
- Berecki G, Motin L, Adams D. Voltage-Gated R-Type Calcium Channel Inhibition via Human Î¼-, Î´-, and Îº-opioid Receptors Is Voltage-Independently Mediated by GÎ²Î³ Protein Subunits. Mol Pharmacol. 2016;89:187-96 pubmed publisher..3 channels as potential targets for opioid analgesics. Their novel modulation is dependent on pre-existing OR activity and mediated by membrane-delimited GÎ²Î³ subunits in a voltage-independent manner. ..
- Mbae C, Mulinge E, Guleid F, Wainaina J, Waruru A, Njiru Z, et al. Molecular Characterization of Giardia duodenalis in Children in Kenya. BMC Infect Dis. 2016;16:135 pubmed publisher..A isolates as sub-assemblage AII while 6 and 14 assemblage B isolates were categorized into sub-assemblage BIII and BIV respectively. A mixed infection with sub-assemblage BIII and BIV was recorded in 28 isolates. Over half (55...
- Ohno S, Yokoi H, Mori K, Kasahara M, Kuwahara K, Fujikura J, et al. Ablation of the N-type calcium channel ameliorates diabetic nephropathy with improved glycemic control and reduced blood pressure. Sci Rep. 2016;6:27192 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Cav2.2 inhibition exerts renoprotective effects against the progression of diabetic nephropathy, partly by protecting podocytes. ..
- Song Y, Zhang M, Tao X, Xu Z, Zheng Y, Zhu M, et al. Difference of acute dissociation and 1-day culture on the electrophysiological properties of rat dorsal root ganglion neurons. J Physiol Biochem. 2018;74:207-221 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the 1-d cultured neurons had different properties with those of the acutely dissociated neurons, and lack of NGF may contribute to some of these differences. ..
- Kim D, Jung H, Park S, Chin H. Isolation and characterization of the 5'-upstream region of the human N-type calcium channel alpha1B subunit gene. Chromosomal localization and promoter analysis. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:5098-104 pubmed
- Park S, Park Y, Kim K, Rhee M, Cho H, Kim D. A direct repeat of N-type Ca2+ channel alpha1B gene functions as a negative regulatory element in HeLa cells. Mol Cells. 2002;13:341-6 pubmed..Overall, these results suggest that a 39 bp DNA element might act as repressor in non-neuron cells through the specific interactions of the DNA-proteins. ..
- Grimaldo L, Sandoval A, Garza López E, Felix R. Involvement of Parkin in the ubiquitin proteasome system-mediated degradation of N-type voltage-gated Ca2+ channels. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185289 pubmed publisher..Together these results unveil a novel functional coupling between Parkin and the CaV2.2 channels and provide a novel insight into the basic mechanisms of CaV channels protein quality control and functional expression. ..
- Thomas J, Hagen J, Soh D, Lee A. Molecular moieties masking Ca2+-dependent facilitation of voltage-gated Cav2.2 Ca2+ channels. J Gen Physiol. 2018;150:83-94 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a functional divergence in the CDF regulatory domains of Cav2 channels, which may help to diversify the modes by which Cav2.1 and Cav2.2 can modify synaptic transmission. ..
- Williams M, Brust P, Feldman D, Patthi S, Simerson S, Maroufi A, et al. Structure and functional expression of an omega-conotoxin-sensitive human N-type calcium channel. Science. 1992;257:389-95 pubmed..The heterogeneity of alpha 1B subunits, along with the heterogeneity of alpha 2 and beta subunits, is consistent with multiple, biophysically distinct N-type calcium channels. ..
- Kinoshita M, Nukada T, Asano T, Mori Y, Akaike A, Satoh M, et al. Binding of G alpha(o) N terminus is responsible for the voltage-resistant inhibition of alpha(1A) (P/Q-type, Ca(v)2.1) Ca(2+) channels. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:28731-8 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that the voltage-resistant inhibition of the P/Q-type, alpha(1A) channel is caused by the interaction between the C-terminal domain of Ca(2+) channel alpha(1A) subunit and the N-terminal region of G alpha(o). ..
- Mould J, Yasuda T, Schroeder C, Beedle A, Doering C, Zamponi G, et al. The alpha2delta auxiliary subunit reduces affinity of omega-conotoxins for recombinant N-type (Cav2.2) calcium channels. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:34705-14 pubmed..These results may have implications for the antinociceptive properties of omega-conotoxins, given that the alpha(2)delta subunit is up-regulated in certain pain states. ..
- Gandini M, Henríquez D, Grimaldo L, Sandoval A, Altier C, Zamponi G, et al. CaV2.2 channel cell surface expression is regulated by the light chain 1 (LC1) of the microtubule-associated protein B (MAP1B) via UBE2L3-mediated ubiquitination and degradation. Pflugers Arch. 2014;466:2113-26 pubmed publisher..Together these results revealed a novel functional coupling between LC1 and the N-type channels. ..
- Mencacci N, R bibo L, Bandrés Ciga S, Carecchio M, Zorzi G, Nardocci N, et al. The CACNA1B R1389H variant is not associated with myoclonus-dystonia in a large European multicentric cohort. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:5326-9 pubmed publisher..The CACNA1B variant c.4166G>A; (p...