Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: C5orf41
Description: chromosome 5 open reading frame 41
Alias: LRF, UPF0474 protein C5orf41, adult retina protein, luman-recruiting factor
- Identification and characterization of differentially expressed genes in the early response phase during liver regenerationW Xu
Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, 27 Taiping Road, Beijing, 100850, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 278:318-25. 2000..In addition to well-characterized up-regulated genes during liver regeneration, including IGFBP-1, LRF-1, and metallothionein, we demonstrate the differential expression of at least 6 genes previously not known to be ..
- Investigation of prion removal/inactivation from chromatographic gelJ Thyer
CSL Bioplasma, 189 209 Camp Road, Broadmeadows, Victoria 3047, Australia
Vox Sang 91:301-8. 2006....
- Combined effects of probiotic fermentation and high-pressure extraction on the antioxidant, antimicrobial, and antimutagenic activities of deodeok (Codonopsis lanceolata)Xinlong He
Division of Biomaterials Engineering, Kangwon National University, Medical and Bio material Research Center, Chuncheon, Gangwon 200 701, Republic of Korea
J Agric Food Chem 58:1719-25. 2010..The BLF-HPE and L. rhamnosus-fermented C. lanceolata samples extracted by high pressure (LRF-HPE) exhibited the highest antimutagenic activities in S...
- A feasibility study on laser rapid forming of a complete titanium denture base plateJiang Wu
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Stomatology, The Fourth Military Medical University, 145 Changlexi Street, Xi an 710032, China
Lasers Med Sci 25:309-15. 2010..the technologies of computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacture (CAD/CAM) and laser rapid forming (LRF) for the fabrication of the titanium plate of a complete denture...
- The prognostic significance of a positive direct antiglobulin test in chronic lymphocytic leukemia: a beneficial effect of the combination of fludarabine and cyclophosphamide on the incidence of hemolytic anemiaClaire Dearden
Royal Marsden National Health Service NHS Foundation Trust and Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Blood 111:1820-6. 2008Autoimmune hemolytic anemia (AHA) is a common complication in chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). The UK LRF CLL4 trial is the largest prospective trial in CLL to examine the prognostic impact of both a positive direct antiglobulin test (..
- Antibiosis between ruminal bacteria and ruminal fungiB A Dehority
Department of Animal Sciences, Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, The Ohio State University, Wooster, Ohio 44691 4096, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 66:2921-7. 2000..The inhibitory activity was present in rumen fluid, could be extracted from lyophilized rumen fluid (LRF) with water, and was stable in response to proteolytic enzymes...
- Evaluation of mechanical properties and porcelain bonded strength of nickel-chromium dental alloy fabricated by laser rapid formingYihan Liu
School of Stomatology, Fourth Military Medical University, 145 West Changle Road, Xi an, Shaanxi, 710032, P R China
Lasers Med Sci 25:799-804. 2010..properties and porcelain bonded strength of nickel-chromium (Ni-Cr) dental alloy fabricated by laser rapid forming (LRF)...
- [Effect of sandblasting particle sizes on bonding strength between porcelain and titanium fabricated by rapid laser forming]Li Jun Zhang
Department of Prosthodontics, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
Zhonghua Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi 44:677-80. 2009To evaluate the effect of sandblasting particle sizes of Al2O3 on the bonding strength between porcelain and titanium fabricated by laser rapid forming (LRF).
- Identification of a lipopolysaccharide inducible transcription factor in murine macrophagesB E Drysdale
Department of Research Service, Baltimore VA Medical Center, MD 21201, USA
Mol Immunol 33:989-98. 1996..designated LRG-21, was identified that showed nucleic acid sequence homology to rat liver regenerating factor-1 (LRF-1) and human activating transcription factor-3 (ATF3)...
- The impact of dose escalation and resistance modulation in older patients with acute myeloid leukaemia and high risk myelodysplastic syndrome: the results of the LRF AML14 trialAlan K Burnett
Department of Haematology, School of Medicine, Cardiff University Heath Park, Cardiff, UK
Br J Haematol 145:318-32. 2009..In conclusion, these four interventions have not improved outcomes in older patients. New agents need to be explored and novel trial designs are required to maximise prospects of achieving timely progress...
- Studies on the improvement of leucodepletion performance of the Haemonetics MCS+ for production of leucodepleted platelet concentrateJ Seghatchian
National Blood Service North London, Colindale Avenue, Colindale, London NW9 5BG, UK
Platelets 12:298-301. 2001..The new continuous filtration protocol (version C) using a less impact filter LRF-XL and a lower (7 ml/min) head pressure was also effective but failure still occurred twice on one of the donors ..
- Evaluating human liver reserve function by measuring serum concentrations of phenacetin and its metabolitesWen Jian Xiong
Department of Gastroenterology, Central Hospital of Xuhui District, Shanghai, China
J Dig Dis 11:358-63. 2010To evaluate human liver reserve function (LRF) by a simple and efficient method for measuring serum concentrations of phenacetin and its metabolites.
- MicroRNA (miRNA)-mediated interaction between leukemia/lymphoma-related factor (LRF) and alternative splicing factor/splicing factor 2 (ASF/SF2) affects mouse embryonic fibroblast senescence and apoptosisLorena Verduci
Laboratory of Gene and Molecular Therapy, Institute of Clinical Physiology, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, 56124 Pisa, Italy
J Biol Chem 285:39551-63. 2010Leukemia/lymphoma-related factor (LRF) is a transcriptional repressor, which by recruiting histone deacetylases specifically represses p19/ARF expression, thus behaving as an oncogene...
- The role of the number of uninvolved lymph nodes in predicting locoregional recurrence in breast cancerPer Karlsson
Department of Oncology, University of Goteborg, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
J Clin Oncol 25:2019-26. 2007To identify groups of early breast cancer patients with substantial risk (10-year risk > 20%) for locoregional failure (LRF) who might benefit from postmastectomy radiotherapy (RT).
- Induction of LRF-1/ATF3 by vasopressin in hepatocytes: role of MAP kinasesDagny Sandnes
Department of Pharmacology, Medical Faculty, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Cell Physiol Biochem 25:523-32. 2010Liver regeneration factor 1 (LRF-1/ATF3) is an early response gene which is rapidly induced upon partial hepatectomy in rats, and by growth factors and G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) agonists in cultured rat hepatocytes...
- Evaluation of planned treatment breaks during radiation therapy for anal cancer: update of RTOG 92-08Andre Konski
Department of Radiation Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 72:114-8. 2008..Long-term efficacy and late toxicity reporting are the specific aims of this study...
- Using a LRF sensor in the Kalman-filtering-based localization of a mobile robotLuka Teslić
Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Ljubljana, LMSV and LAMS, Trzaska 25, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
ISA Trans 49:145-53. 2010..The extended Kalman filter (EKF) is used to localize the mobile robot with a laser range finder (LRF) sensor in an environment described with line segments...
- How long have I had my cancer, doctor? Estimating tumor age via Collins' lawMichael V Patrone
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27514, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 25:38-43, 46. 2011..of cancers at the time of diagnosis, we reviewed data on the "time to local/regional recurrence" (LRF) following initial surgical resection for three common cancers, then applied a modified version of Collins' law...
- Transcriptional activation of cartilage oligomeric matrix protein by Sox9, Sox5, and Sox6 transcription factors and CBP/p300 coactivatorsChuan Ju Liu
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, NY 10003, USA
Front Biosci 12:3899-910. 2007..Subsequently we isolated LRF transcription repressor as an NRE-binding protein and established that LRF inhibits COMP gene expression via ..
- Regulation of B versus T lymphoid lineage fate decision by the proto-oncogene LRFTakahiro Maeda
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Science 316:860-6. 2007..Here we show that the proto-oncogene LRF plays an essential role in the B versus T lymphoid cell-fate decision...
- Health and safety strategy in Swedish agriculturePeter Lundqvist
Department of Work Science, Business Economics and Environmental Psychology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, PO Box 88 SE 230 53 Alnarp, Sweden
Work 41:5304-7. 2012..It involves the Swedish Work Environment Authority,, the Federation of Swedish Farmers (LRF), the Swedish Institute of Agricultural and Environmental Engineering, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (..
- The LRF transcription factor regulates mature B cell development and the germinal center response in miceNagisa Sakurai
Division of Hematopoietic Stem Cell and Leukemia Research, Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope, Duarte, California 91010, USA
J Clin Invest 121:2583-98. 2011..knockout mice, we have demonstrated here that the transcription factor leukemia/lymphoma-related factor (LRF) forms an obligate dimer in B cells and regulates mature B cell lineage fate and humoral immune responses via ..
- Intraoperative and postoperative outcome of robot-assisted and traditional laparoscopic Nissen fundoplicationG Ceccarelli
Department of General, Vascular, Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery, San Matteo degli Infermi Hospital, ASL 3 dell Umbria, Spoleto, Italy
Eur Surg Res 43:198-203. 2009..Robotics has been proposed as a tool to improve laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication. However, a clear benefit of this technology for minimally invasive antireflux surgery has not been demonstrated...
- Rapid induction of PC3/BTG2 gene by hepatopoietin or partial hepatectomy and its mRNA expression in hepatocellular carcinomaZhi min Zhang
Cancer Center, Research Institute of Surgery, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 8:288-93. 2009....
- Prognosis after ipsilateral breast tumor recurrence and locoregional recurrences in patients treated by breast-conserving therapy in five National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project protocols of node-negative breast cancerStewart J Anderson
Department of Biostatistics, University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:2466-73. 2009Locoregional failure (LRF) after breast-conserving therapy (BCT) is associated with increased risk of distant disease and death. The magnitude of this risk has not been adequately characterized in patients with lymph node-negative disease.
- Expression of leukemia/lymphoma-related factor (LRF/POKEMON) in human breast carcinoma and other cancersAnshu Aggarwal
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE, 68178, USA
Exp Mol Pathol 89:140-8. 2010..Leukemia/lymphoma-related factor (LRF) belongs to the POK family of transcriptional repressors and is also known as POK erythroid myeloid ontogenic ..
- Prognostic factor analysis of the survival of elderly patients with AML in the MRC AML11 and LRF AML14 trialsKeith Wheatley
Birmingham Clinical Trials Unit, School of Cancer Sciences, Robert Aitken Institute, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Br J Haematol 145:598-605. 2009..trial (n = 1071) was used to develop the index; this was validated using data from the Leukaemia Research fund (LRF) AML14 trial on 1137 intensively (AML14I) and 275 non-intensively (AML14NI) treated patients...
- LRF is an essential downstream target of GATA1 in erythroid development and regulates BIM-dependent apoptosisTakahiro Maeda
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Dev Cell 17:527-40. 2009..Here, we show that the POZ-Krüppel family transcription factor, LRF (also known as Zbtb7a/Pokemon), is a direct target of GATA1 and plays an essential antiapoptotic role during ..
- Cerebral blood flow estimation in vivo using local tissue reference functionsJayme Cameron Kosior
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Magn Reson Imaging 29:183-8. 2009....
- Multisensor-based human detection and tracking for mobile service robotsNicola Bellotto
Human Centred Robotics Group, Department of Computing and Electronic Systems, University of Essex, CO4 3SQ Colchester, UK
IEEE Trans Syst Man Cybern B Cybern 39:167-81. 2009..The system utilizes a new algorithm for laser-based leg detection using the onboard laser range finder (LRF)...
- Inactivation of virus in intravenous immunoglobulin G using solvent/detergent treatment and pasteurizationA Aghaie
Iranian Blood Transfusion Organization and Iranian Blood Research and Fractionation, Research Centre, Tehran, Iran
Hum Antibodies 17:79-84. 2008..was measured by end point titration and their effectiveness expressed as Logarithmic Reduction Factors (LRF). Solvent/detergent treatment reduced the amount of enveloped viruses by 5-6 logs...
- Patients' experience of chronic lymphocytic leukaemia: baseline health-related quality of life results from the LRF CLL4 trialMonica Else
Section of Haemato oncology, The Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Br J Haematol 143:690-7. 2008..001*). These findings support the recommendation to begin treatment when patients experience symptomatic disease, to improve HRQoL...
- Evidence for fast, low-level motor resonance to action observation: an MEG studyHein T van Schie
Radboud University Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Soc Neurosci 3:213-28. 2008..Observation of left and right hand movements generated a neuromagnetic lateralized readiness field (LRF) over contralateral motor cortex...
- Mutational status of the TP53 gene as a predictor of response and survival in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia: results from the LRF CLL4 trialDavid Gonzalez
Section of Haemato oncology, The Institute of Cancer Research, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 29:2223-9. 2011..We aimed to address the frequency and prognostic value of TP53 abnormalities in patients with CLL in the context of a prospective randomized trial...
- Deduction of the evaluation limit and termination timing of multi-round protein misfolding cyclic amplification from a titration curveAtsuko Takeuchi
Department of Neurological Science, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Microbiol Immunol 55:502-9. 2011..fashion with the mean dilution factor of mock-treated, infected brains, corresponding to a log reduction factor (LRF) of 3.8-7.3 log. No signals were observed in the PMCA products amplified from normal hamster brain homogenates...
- Squamous cell carcinoma of the anal canal: patterns and predictors of failure and implications for intensity-modulated radiation treatment planningJean L Wright
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33133, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 78:1064-72. 2010..Prevention of locoregional failure (LRF) using IMRT requires appropriate clinical target volume (CTV) definition...
- Genome-wide association study of PR intervalArne Pfeufer
Institute of Human Genetics, Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Nat Genet 42:153-9. 2010..0056). This suggests a role for common variation in ion channel and developmental genes in atrial and atrioventricular conduction as well as in susceptibility to atrial fibrillation...
- Obtaining of CD34+ cells from healthy blood donors: development of a rapid and efficient procedure using leukoreduction filtersYann Peytour
CNRS UMR 5164, University of Bordeaux 2, Etablissement Français du Sang Aquitaine Limousin, Laboratoire d Hematologie, CHU of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Transfusion 50:2152-7. 2010..The CD34+ cell concentration in healthy donor blood is low (1×10(3) -4×10(3) /mL), but their number trapped in one LRF after filtration of 400 to 450mL of blood is high (0.4×10(6) -1.6×10(6) ).
- Functional identification of LRF as an oncogene that bypasses RASV12-induced senescence via upregulation of CYCLIN ELiesbeth C W Vredeveld
Division of Molecular Genetics, Center for Biomedical Genetics and Cancer Genomics Center, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Carcinogenesis 31:201-7. 2010..We report here the identification of leukemia/lymphoma related factor (Lrf) encoding a transcription factor with a BTB/POZ domain and Krüppel-like zinc fingers...
- Interactions among LRF-1, JunB, c-Jun, and c-Fos define a regulatory program in the G1 phase of liver regenerationJ C Hsu
Department of Human Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 6145
Mol Cell Biol 12:4654-65. 1992In regenerating liver, a physiologically normal model of cell growth, LRF-1, JunB, c-Jun, and c-Fos among Jun/Fos/LRF-1 family members are induced posthepatectomy...
- Prognostic factors identified three risk groups in the LRF CLL4 trial, independent of treatment allocationDavid Oscier
Department of Haematology, Royal Bournemouth Hospital, Bournemouth, UK
Haematologica 95:1705-12. 2010..The aim of this study was to determine which of the available markers independently predicted outcome in patients requiring treatment and to use these to define new risk groups...
- Depth related amino acid uptake by Prochlorococcus cyanobacteria in the Southern Atlantic tropical gyreMikhail V Zubkov
Southampton Oceanography Centre, Waterfront Campus, European Way, Southampton, Hants, UK
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 50:153-61. 2004..bacterioplankton consumption of amino acids could be assigned to Prochlorococcus with low red fluorescence (Pro LRF) inhabiting the surface mixed layer down to 80 m and about 50% assigned to Prochlorococcus with high red ..
- The role of adjuvant radiation in uterine sarcomasSagus Sampath
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California, Davis, Health System, Sacramento, CA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 76:728-34. 2010..To determine clinical and pathological factors significant for overall survival (OS) and local-regional failure-free survival (LRFFS) in uterine sarcoma as they relate to adjuvant radiotherapy (AR)...
- Blood salvage use in gynecologic oncologyNimesh P Nagarsheth
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Science, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, New York 10029 6574, USA
Transfusion 49:2048-53. 2009..Recent studies have demonstrated that filtering the salvaged blood using a leukoreduction filter (LRF) significantly decreases the number of cancer cells in the recovered RBC aliquot in a variety of cancer types.
- Higher biologically effective dose of radiotherapy is associated with improved outcomes for locally advanced non-small cell lung carcinoma treated with chemoradiation: an analysis of the Radiation Therapy Oncology GroupMitchell Machtay
University Hospitals Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 82:425-34. 2012Patients treated with chemoradiotherapy for locally advanced non-small-cell lung carcinoma (LA-NSCLC) were analyzed for local-regional failure (LRF) and overall survival (OS) with respect to radiotherapy dose intensity.
- Multi-institutional trial of accelerated hypofractionated intensity-modulated radiation therapy for early-stage oropharyngeal cancer (RTOG 00-22)Avraham Eisbruch
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 76:1333-8. 2010..To assess the results of a multi-institutional study of intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) for early oropharyngeal cancer...
- Expression of leukemia/lymphoma related factor (LRF/Pokemon) in human benign prostate hyperplasia and prostate cancerHimanshu Aggarwal
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
Exp Mol Pathol 90:226-30. 2011Leukemia/lymphoma related factor (LRF), also known as Pokemon, is a protein that belongs to the POK family of transcriptional repressors. It has an oncogenic role in many different solid tumors...
- Efficacy of a hypofractionated schedule in electron beam radiotherapy for epithelial skin cancer: Analysis of 434 casesMarjan van Hezewijk
Department of Radiation Oncology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Radiother Oncol 95:245-9. 2010..Efficacy of radiotherapy for epithelial skin cancer was evaluated and treatment outcomes of two electron beam fractionation schedules were compared...
- Extent of hepatitis E virus elimination is affected by stabilizers present in plasma products and pore size of nanofiltersM Yunoki
Infectious Pathogen Research Group, Hirakata Research Laboratory, Research and Development Division, Benesis Corporation, Hirakata, Osaka, Japan
Vox Sang 95:94-100. 2008..To investigate the physico-chemical properties of hepatitis E virus (HEV) with regard to inactivation/removal, we have studied four isolates with respect to sensitivity to heat during liquid/dry-heating as well as removal by nanofiltration...
- Prognostic value of extracapsular tumor spread for locoregional control in premenopausal patients with node-positive breast cancer treated with classical cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and fluorouracil: long-term observations from International Breast CaGünther Gruber
Department of Radiation Oncology, and the Institute of Medical Oncology, Inselspital, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 23:7089-97. 2005..We sought to determine retrospectively whether extracapsular spread (ECS) might identify a subgroup that could benefit from radiotherapy after mastectomy, especially patients with 1 to 3 positive lymph nodes (LN1-3+)...
- Impact of postoperative shed blood transfusion, with or without leucocyte reduction, on acute-phase response to surgery for total knee replacementM Munoz
Department of Clinical Chemistry, GIEMSA, School of Medicine, Univeristy of Malaga, Malaga, Spain
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 49:1182-90. 2005..We evaluated the impact of USB return, with or without leucocytes, on the acute-phase response (APR) after TKR...
- Survival and intra-hepatic recurrences after laparoscopic radiofrequency of hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with liver cirrhosisRoberto Santambrogio
Bilio Pancreatic Surgery Unit, Ospedale San Paolo, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Surg Oncol 89:218-25; discussion 225-6. 2005..Our objective was to assess a novel operative combination of laparoscopic ultrasound (LUS) with laparoscopic radiofrequency (LRF) in the treatment of HCC not amenable to liver resection.
- Postmastectomy radiotherapy of the chest wall. Comparison of electron-rotation technique and common tangential photon fieldsThomas Hehr
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 180:629-36. 2004..A retrospective analysis of patterns of locoregional failure (LRF) after modified radical mastectomy and axillary lymph node dissection followed by locoregional radiotherapy with or ..
- Patterns of locoregional failure in patients with operable breast cancer treated by mastectomy and adjuvant chemotherapy with or without tamoxifen and without radiotherapy: results from five National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project randomized cAlphonse Taghian
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project Operations and Biostastical Centers, University of Pittsburgh, Graduate School of Public Health, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:4247-54. 2004To assess patterns of locoregional failure (LRF) in lymph node-positive (LN+) breast cancer patients treated with mastectomy and adjuvant chemotherapy (+/- tamoxifen) and without postmastectomy radiotherapy (PMRT) in five National ..
- G protein-coupled receptor agonist-stimulated expression of ATF3/LRF-1 and c-myc and comitogenic effects in hepatocytes do not require EGF receptor transactivationLaila S Nilssen
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, N 0316 Oslo, Norway
J Cell Physiol 201:349-58. 2004..the mRNA expression of c-myc, and also of activating transcription factor 3 (ATF3)/liver regeneration factor-1 (LRF-1), which is a novel finding...
- Leukemia/lymphoma-related factor, a POZ domain-containing transcriptional repressor, interacts with histone deacetylase-1 and inhibits cartilage oligomeric matrix protein gene expression and chondrogenesisChuan Ju Liu
Musculoskeletal Research Center, New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases Department of Orthopedic Surgery, New York, New York 10003, USA
J Biol Chem 279:47081-91. 2004..screen for proteins that associate with the NRE led to the identification of the leukemia/lymphoma-related factor (LRF), a transcriptional repressor that contains a POZ (poxvirus zinc finger) domain, as an NRE-binding protein...
- Lifestyle risk factors for chronic disease by family origin among children in multiethnic, low-income, urban neighborhoodsJennifer O'Loughlin
Joint Departments of Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Occupational Health, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Ethn Dis 14:340-50. 2004To describe the prevalence of lifestyle risk factors (LRF) for chronic disease by family origin (FO) among children in multiethnic, low-income, urban neighborhoods.
- Risk factors for locoregional recurrence among breast cancer patients: results from International Breast Cancer Study Group Trials I through VIIA Wallgren
University of Goteborg, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
J Clin Oncol 21:1205-13. 2003To explore prognostic factors for locoregional failures (LRF) among women treated for invasive breast cancer within clinical trials of adjuvant therapies.
- Removal of neutralized model parvoviruses and enteroviruses in human IgG solutions by nanofiltrationA Omar
ZLB Bioplasma AG, Berne, Switzerland
Transfusion 42:1005-10. 2002....
- The hcKrox gene family regulates multiple extracellular matrix genesR L Widom
Arthritis Center, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Matrix Biol 20:451-62. 2001..in NIH3T3 fibroblasts demonstrate that hcKrox-alpha -beta and -gamma, as well as the murine cKrox-beta homologue, LRF, suppress transcription driven by promoters for the alpha1(I) and alpha2(I) collagen, fibronectin and elastin genes...
- Assessment of needs for plasma for fractionation in EuropeJ J Burckhardt
ZLB Central Laboratory Blood Transfusion Service SRC, Wankdorfstrasse 10, Bern, 22, Switzerland
Biologicals 27:337-41. 1999..The demonstrated margins of safety, expressed as logarithmical reduction factors (LRF), range from 4 to over 20 log(10), depending on product, virus, and inactivation procedure used...
- Microrheology of filtered autotransfusion drain blood with and without leukocyte reductionT Dalen
Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospital, Umea Sweden
Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 21:113-23. 1999..5 microm pore filtration) of FKDB (n = 23) with versus without the addition of a leukocyte reducing filter (LRF) in line with the drain. As expected the whole blood clogging was reduced (p < 0...
- Locoregional failure 10 years after mastectomy and adjuvant chemotherapy with or without tamoxifen without irradiation: experience of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology GroupA Recht
Joint Center for Radiation Therapy, Harvard Medical School, and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Clin Oncol 17:1689-700. 1999..patterns of failure and how selected prognostic and treatment factors affect the risks of locoregional failure (LRF) after mastectomy in breast cancer patients with histologically involved axillary nodes treated with chemotherapy ..
- Novel BTB/POZ domain zinc-finger protein, LRF, is a potential target of the LAZ-3/BCL-6 oncogeneJ M Davies
Leukaemia Research Fund Centre at the Institute of Cancer Research, Chester Beatty Laboratories, London, UK
Oncogene 18:365-75. 1999..We have now identified a new member of this gene subfamily which encodes a 62 kDa Zn-finger protein, termed LRF, with a BTB/POZ domain highly similar to that of PLZF...
- Identification of genes differentially expressed in B16 murine melanoma sublines with different metastatic potentialsT Ishiguro
Laboratory of Biomedical Research, University of Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Res 56:875-9. 1996..expressed in B16-F10 cells but not in B16-BL6 cells: TI-225 (polyubiquitin), TI-229 (pyruvate kinase), TI-241 (LRF-1 homologue), and TI-227 (novel gene)...
- A unifying approach for surrogate marker validation based on Prentice's criteriaAriel Alonso
Center for Statistics, Hasselt University, Campus Diepenbeek, Agoralaan Building D, BE 3590 Diepenbeek, Belgium
Stat Med 25:205-21. 2006..Finally, we extend this concept to the non-normal case using the so-called 'likelihood reduction factor' (LRF) a new validation measure based on some of the Prentice's criteria...
- Modeling and estimation of replication fitness of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 in vitro experiments by using a growth competition assayHulin Wu
Department of Biostatistics and Computational Biology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, New York 14642, USA
J Virol 80:2380-9. 2006..These indices include the log fitness ratio (LFR), the log relative fitness (LRF), and the production rate ratio (PRR)...
- [Experimental study on fabricating Ni-Cr alloy coping with laser rapid forming]Jiang Hu
Department of Prosthodontics, College of Stomatology, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
Zhonghua Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi 43:107-10. 2008To probe the feasibility of fabricating Ni-Cr alloy coping with laser rapid forming (LRF).
- The proto-oncogene LRF is under post-transcriptional control of MiR-20a: implications for senescenceLaura Poliseno
Laboratory of Gene and Molecular Therapy, Institute of Clinical Physiology, CNR, Pisa, Italy
PLoS ONE 3:e2542. 2008..The transcriptional regulator LRF (Leukemia/lymphoma Related Factor) has been shown to prevent p19ARF transcription and consequently to inhibit ..
- Correlation between pretreatment FDG-PET biological target volume and anatomical location of failure after radiation therapy for head and neck cancersDaniel E Soto
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0010, USA
Radiother Oncol 89:13-8. 2008To assess whether the pretreatment FDG-PET-defined biologic target volume (PET-BTV) correlates with the anatomical sites of loco-regional failure (LRF) after RT for head and neck cancer (HNC).
- Navigating a mobile robot by a traversability field histogramCang Ye
Department of Applied Science, University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Little Rock, AR 72204, USA
IEEE Trans Syst Man Cybern B Cybern 37:361-72. 2007..The system employs a two-dimensional laser range finder (LRF) for terrain mapping...
- Laparoscopic radiofrequency of hepatocellular carcinoma using ultrasound-guided selective intrahepatic vascular occlusionR Santambrogio
Bilio Pancreatic Surgery Unit, Ospedale San Paolo, Milan, Italy
Surg Endosc 22:2051-5. 2008..The authors aimed to assess a novel operative combination of laparoscopic radiofrequency (LRF) with a selective intrahepatic vascular occlusion (SIHVO) to obtain an increased rate of total necrosis and a ..
- Quantifying the effect of the surrogate marker by information gainYongming Qu
Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
Biometrics 63:958-62; author reply 962-3. 2007..Recently, Alonso et al. (2004, Biometrics 60, 724-728) proposed a quantity called the likelihood reduction factor (LRF) to evaluate the validity of a surrogate marker...
- Radiotherapy with or without erythropoietin for anemic patients with head and neck cancer: a randomized trial of the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG 99-03)Mitchell Machtay
Thomas Jefferson University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 69:1008-17. 2007..To determine whether the addition of recombinant human erythropoietin (Epo) could improve the outcomes of anemic patients receiving definitive radiotherapy for squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN)...
- Assessment of fludarabine plus cyclophosphamide for patients with chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (the LRF CLL4 Trial): a randomised controlled trialD Catovsky
Section of Haemato oncology, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, UK
Lancet 370:230-9. 2007..We aimed to establish whether this treatment combination provided greater survival benefit than did chlorambucil or fludarabine...
- Prion-removal capacity of chromatographic and ethanol precipitation steps used in the production of albumin and immunoglobulinsJ Thyer
CSL Bioplasma, Broadmeadows, Victoria, Australia
Vox Sang 91:292-300. 2006..The objective of these studies was to examine the prion-removal potential of the chromatographic purification and ethanol precipitation steps used to fractionate immunoglobulins and albumin from human plasma...
- An experimental study on pedestrian classificationS Munder
Machine Perception Department, DaimlerChrysler Research and Development, Ulm, Germany
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 28:1863-8. 2006..Our experiments show that the novel combination of SVMs with LRF features performs best...
- Factors affecting reproductive performance of Holstein heifersRicardo C Chebel
Caine Veterinary Teaching Center, University of Idaho, Caldwell, ID 83607, USA
Anim Reprod Sci 101:208-24. 2007..Exposure to rainfall was classified as above (HRF) or below (LRF) the mean for the period in question...
- Low locoregional recurrence rate among node-negative breast cancer patients with tumors 5 cm or larger treated by mastectomy, with or without adjuvant systemic therapy and without radiotherapy: results from five national surgical adjuvant breast and bowelAlphonse G Taghian
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project Operations and Biostatistical Centers, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:3927-32. 2006..In this study, we assess patterns of locoregional failure (LRF) in LN-negative patients who underwent mastectomy, either with or without adjuvant chemotherapy or hormonal therapy ..
- Radiofrequency of hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with liver cirrhosis: a critical appraisal of the laparoscopic approachR Santambrogio
Hepato Biliary Surgery Unit, University of Milan School of Medicine, Ospedale San Paolo, Milano, Italy
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 22:251-5. 2003..was to evaluate a novel operative combination of laparoscopic ultrasound with laparoscopic radiofrequency (LRF) in the treatment of HCC not amenable to liver resection...
- Prognostic significance of [18F]-misonidazole positron emission tomography-detected tumor hypoxia in patients with advanced head and neck cancer randomly assigned to chemoradiation with or without tirapazamine: a substudy of Trans-Tasman Radiation OncologDanny Rischin
Division of Haematology and Medical Oncology, Centre for Molecular Imaging, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, Australia
J Clin Oncol 24:2098-104. 2006To determine the association between tumor hypoxia, treatment regimen, and locoregional failure (LRF) in patients with stage III or IV squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck randomly assigned to radiotherapy (70 Gy in 35 fractions ..
- Performance of balance impaired elders on three balance tests under two visual conditionsMin Huang
Department of Physical Therapy, School of Health Related Professions, The University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 N State St, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
J Geriatr Phys Ther 29:5-9. 2006..This study compared differences in balance measures among elderly adults with different degrees of balance impairments under different visual conditions...
- Identification of LRF-1, a leucine-zipper protein that is rapidly and highly induced in regenerating liverJ C Hsu
Department of Human Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 6145
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:3511-5. 1991..gene encoding a 21-kDa leucine-zipper-containing protein that we have designated liver regeneration factor 1 (LRF-1). LRF-1 has no homology with other leucine-zipper proteins outside the basic and leucine-zipper domains...
- A novel protein, Luman/CREB3 recruitment factor, inhibits Luman activation of the unfolded protein responseTimothy E Audas
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
Mol Cell Biol 28:3952-66. 2008..Here, we report the identification of a novel Luman recruitment factor (LRF). Like Luman, LRF is a UPR-responsive basic-region leucine zipper protein that is prone to proteasomal degradation...
- Role of POZ-zinc finger proteins in tumorigenesis.Pier Paolo Pandolfi; Fiscal Year: 2011..We have characterized a new important member of this family, POKEMON/LRF, that shares structural similarities with BCL6 and PLZF and plays a critical and essential role in embryonic ..
- Role of POZ-zinc finger proteins in tumorigenesis.Pier Paolo Pandolfi; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have characterized a new important member of this family, POKEMON/LRF, that shares structural similarities with BCL6 and PLZF and plays a critical and essential role in embryonic ..
- Regulation of B cell development by the proto-oncogene LRF/PokemonTakahiro Maeda; Fiscal Year: 2010..of this application is to further clarify the role of the proto-oncogene Leukemia/lymphoma Related Factor (LRF, also known as Pokemon) in normal and malignant B cell development...
- Development of a Low Cost, Small Animal PET SystemRobert Miyaoka; Fiscal Year: 2007..g., positron range, photon acollinearity and detector response) will be studied. Finally, the feasibility of using the variation in the LRF to estimate depth of interaction for thick crystal designs will be investigated.
- Extrathymic T cell precursors: commitment and efficacyHarald von Boehmer; Fiscal Year: 2010..Special emphasis will be given to gene regulation by the LRF gene that antagonizes Notch in early precursors of lymphoid cells...
- The Lymphatic Continuum ConferenceStanley Rockson; Fiscal Year: 2002On May 3 and 4, 2002, the Lymphatic Research Foundation (LRF) will sponsor an important conference at the Natcher Center of the National Institutes of Health, entitled The Lymphatic Continuum...
- Notch signaling in mammalian neural progenitorsNICHOLAS R GAIANO; Fiscal Year: 2010..a new and exciting component of this work, we will examine a recently identified Notch pathway modulator, Pokemon (LRF/Zbtb7a), which has been shown to regulate Notch signaling in the immune system, and is expressed in the VZ of the ..
- Early Detection and Treatment of Lymphedema in Women with Breast CancerAlphonse G Taghian; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our study aims to evaluate whether early identification and treatment can decrease the rate of lymphedema and improve the quality of life of women who suffer from this devastating complication of treatment. ..
- Physiological Role of ADAMTS-7B in ArthritisChuanju Liu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed study will extend our understanding of the degradative events that occur in patients with arthritic disorders and may provide us with inhibitors designed to serve as therapeutics for the treatment of arthritis. ..
- MODELS AND INFERENTIAL TOOLS FOR HIV1 DYNAMICS IN VIVOHulin Wu; Fiscal Year: 2002..Thus, the proposed HIV-1 dynamic models in vivo and statistical inferential methodology will provide a powerful tool to understand the pathogenesis of HIV and to search for a cure for AIDS. ..
- Degradative COMP Fragments as a Biomarker of ArthritisChuanju Liu; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Role and Regulation of ADAMTS-12 in the Cartilage CatabolismChuanju Liu; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- THE ROLE OF p204 IN OSTEOGENESISChuanju Liu; Fiscal Year: 2007..A greater understanding of the process of how bone is generated can lead to new therapies which can help stem or reverse the course of these diseases. ..
- Nonparametric Modeling of Long-term HIV/Cell DynamicsHulin Wu; Fiscal Year: 2005..We expect that the results from this project can be used to assess the long-term effectiveness of antiretroviral therapies and provide information for long-term care and treatment management for HIV-I-infected patients. ..
- AIDS Clinical Trail Modeling and StimulatinosHulin Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The developed systems will be a useful tool for AIDS clinicians to develop individualized treatments for their patients. ..