Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: C1QC
Description: complement C1q C chain
Alias: C1Q-C, C1QG, complement C1q subcomponent subunit C, complement component 1, q subcomponent, C chain, complement component 1, q subcomponent, gamma polypeptide
- Haure Mirande J, Wang M, Audrain M, Fanutza T, Kim S, Heja S, et al. Integrative approach to sporadic Alzheimer's disease: deficiency of TYROBP in cerebral Aβ amyloidosis mouse normalizes clinical phenotype and complement subnetwork molecular pathology without reducing Aβ burden. Mol Psychiatry. 2019;24:431-446 pubmed publisher..switch from homeostatic microglia to disease-associated microglia (DAM), including Trem2, complement (C1qa, C1qb, C1qc, and Itgax), Clec7a and Cst7...
- Han S, Lan Q, Park A, Lee K, Park S, Ahn H, et al. Polymorphisms in innate immunity genes and risk of childhood leukemia. Hum Immunol. 2010;71:727-30 pubmed publisher..Three SNPs (STAT6 rs703817, C1qG rs17433222, and MBP rs3794845) were significantly associated with childhood leukemia risk (p(trend) < 0...
- Kelly K, Liu Y, Zhang J, Dominguez J. Renal C3 complement component: feed forward to diabetic kidney disease. Am J Nephrol. 2015;41:48-56 pubmed publisher..The classic complement pathway was activated in diabetic kidneys with significant increases of C1qa, C1qb, and C1qc mRNAs in DI over LS...
- Du H, Shi J, Wang M, An S, Guo X, Wang Z. Analyses of gene expression profiles in the rat dorsal horn of the spinal cord using RNA sequencing in chronic constriction injury rats. J Neuroinflammation. 2018;15:280 pubmed publisher..A total of 63 DEGs were found significantly changed with 56 upregulated (e.g., Cxcl13, C1qc, Fcgr3a) and 7 downregulated (e.g., Dusp1) at 14 days after CCI...
- Bartling B, Niemann K, Pliquett R, Treede H, Simm A. Altered gene expression pattern indicates the differential regulation of the immune response system as an important factor in cardiac aging. Exp Gerontol. 2019;117:13-20 pubmed publisher..chemokines (CCLs 6, 8, 9), proteins of the S100 family (S100s 4, 8, 9, 10, 11), complement components (C1qa, C1qb, C1qc, C3, C4b), bacteria/virus-induced genes (lysozyme 1/2, interferon-activated genes), and pro-inflammatory caspases (..
- Chen M, Ding M, Li Y, Zhong X, Liu S, Guo Z, et al. The complement component 1 q (C1q) in Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus): Functional characterization in host defense against bacterial infection and effect on cytokine response in macrophages. Dev Comp Immunol. 2018;87:98-108 pubmed publisher..In this study, the full-length of C1q subcomponent A, B and C chain genes (C1qA, C1qB and C1qC) were identified and characterized from Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus)...
- van Schaarenburg R, Daha N, Schonkeren J, Nivine Levarht E, van Gijlswijk Janssen D, Kurreeman F, et al. Identification of a novel non-coding mutation in C1qB in a Dutch child with C1q deficiency associated with recurrent infections. Immunobiology. 2015;220:422-7 pubmed publisher..We identified the mutation using deep-sequencing. By qPCR we studied the mRNA expression of C1qA, C1qB and C1qC in the PBMCs of the patient...
- Carbutt S, Duff J, Yarnall A, Burn D, Hudson G. Variation in complement protein C1q is not a major contributor to cognitive impairment in Parkinson's disease. Neurosci Lett. 2015;594:66-9 pubmed publisher..between C1q and cognitive function we assessed the genetic variability of the C1q encoding genes: C1QA, C1QB and C1QC between PD patients and matched controls...
- Mauceri D, Hagenston A, Schramm K, Weiss U, Bading H. Nuclear Calcium Buffering Capacity Shapes Neuronal Architecture. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:23039-49 pubmed publisher..They suggest that the development of cognitive deficits observed in neurological conditions associated with CaBP deregulation may reflect the loss of necessary structural features of dendrites and spines. ..
- Goshima M, Sekiguchi R, Matsushita M, Nonaka M. The complement system of elasmobranches revealed by liver transcriptome analysis of a hammerhead shark, Sphyrna zygaena. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;61:13-24 pubmed publisher..No MBL, ficolin, C1qA or C1qC were found...
- Lin P, Nicholls L, Assareh H, Fang Z, Amos T, Edwards R, et al. Transcriptome analysis of human brain tissue identifies reduced expression of complement complex C1Q Genes in Rett syndrome. BMC Genomics. 2016;17:427 pubmed publisher..over two hundred differentially expressed genes, and identified the complement C1Q complex genes (C1QA, C1QB and C1QC) as a point of convergence between gene expression changes in human and mouse Rett syndrome brain...
- Peng Q, Wu B, Jiang M, Jin J, Hou Z, Zheng J, et al. Characterization of Behavioral, Neuropathological, Brain Metabolic and Key Molecular Changes in zQ175 Knock-In Mouse Model of Huntington's Disease. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0148839 pubmed publisher..Altered striatal medium spiny neuronal marker, postsynaptic marker protein and complement component C1qC also characterized zQ175 mice...
- Lenna S, Assassi S, Farina G, Mantero J, Scorza R, Lafyatis R, et al. The HLA-B*35 allele modulates ER stress, inflammation and proliferation in PBMCs from Limited Cutaneous Systemic Sclerosis patients. Arthritis Res Ther. 2015;17:363 pubmed publisher..Among genes downregulated by HLA-B*35 lentivirus were genes related to complement (C1QB, C1QC), cell cycle (CDNK1A) and apoptosis (Bax, Gadd45)...
- Arenas Hernandez M, Gomez Lopez N, Garcia Flores V, Rangel Escareño C, Alvarez Salas L, Martínez Acuña N, et al. Choriodecidual leukocytes display a unique gene expression signature in spontaneous labor at term. Genes Immun. 2019;20:56-68 pubmed publisher..The most up-regulated genes were CCL18, GPNMB, SEPP1, FN1, RNASE1, SPP1, C1QC, and PLTP...
- Wang J, Ma S, Tao R, Xia L, Liu L, Jiang Y. Gene expression profile changes in rat dorsal horn after sciatic nerve injury. Neurol Res. 2017;39:176-182 pubmed publisher..g. ILF3 and LYVE1); and 41 were common in both two groups (e.g. FCER1G, C1QA, C1QB and C1QC)...
- Li J, Ge X, Wang X, Liu X, Ma J. Complement System in the Pathogenesis of Benign Lymphoepithelial Lesions of the Lacrimal Gland. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0148290 pubmed publisher..genes in the pathologic tissue, including C2, C3, ITGB2, CR2, C1QB, CR1, ITGAX, CFP, C1QA, C4B|C4A, FANCA, C1QC, C3AR1 and CFHR4, were significantly upregulated while 7 other complement system-related genes, C5, CFI, CFHR1|CFH, ..
- Szabo J, Cervenak L, Toth F, Prohaszka Z, Horvath L, Kerekes K, et al. Soluble gC1q-R/p33, a cell protein that binds to the globular "heads" of C1q, effectively inhibits the growth of HIV-1 strains in cell cultures. Clin Immunol. 2001;99:222-31 pubmed..Since gC1q-R is a human protein, it is most probably not antigenic in humans. It would seem logical, therefore, to consider gC1q-R or its fragments involved in the CD4 binding as potential therapeutic agents. ..
- Bozzini S, Falcone V, Conaldi P, Visai L, Biancone L, Dolei A, et al. Heparin-binding domain of human fibronectin binds HIV-1 gp120/160 and reduces virus infectivity. J Med Virol. 1998;54:44-53 pubmed..Thus, Fn that is present in plasma and mucinous secretions may well affect HIV infectivity and virus distribution in vivo. ..
- Roumenina L, Ruseva M, Zlatarova A, Ghai R, Kolev M, Olova N, et al. Interaction of C1q with IgG1, C-reactive protein and pentraxin 3: mutational studies using recombinant globular head modules of human C1q A, B, and C chains. Biochemistry. 2006;45:4093-104 pubmed..Thus, a recently proposed model suggesting the rotation of the gC1q domain upon ligand recognition may be extended to C1q interaction with CRP and PTX3 in addition to IgG1. ..
- Fraser D, Tenner A. Innate immune proteins C1q and mannan-binding lectin enhance clearance of atherogenic lipoproteins by human monocytes and macrophages. J Immunol. 2010;185:3932-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a novel pathway in which C1q and MBL influence removal and metabolism of atherogenic forms of LDL in the early stages of atherosclerosis. ..
- Vanhecke D, Roumenina L, Wan H, Osthoff M, Schaller M, Trendelenburg M. Identification of a major linear C1q epitope allows detection of systemic lupus erythematosus anti-C1q antibodies by a specific peptide-based enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. Arthritis Rheum. 2012;64:3706-14 pubmed publisher..The ELISA using this peptide was more specific and more sensitive than a conventional anti-C1q assay for the detection of active nephritis in SLE patients. ..
- Reid K. Complete amino acid sequences of the three collagen-like regions present in subcomponent C1q of the first component of human complement. Biochem J. 1979;179:367-71 pubmed..The B- and C-chains have alanine residues at positions B-9 and C-36 where glycine might be expected. The A-chain has a threonine residue at position A-39, which is located between two Gly-X-Y triplets. ..
- Hidvegi T, Prohaszka Z, Ujhelyi E, Thielens N, Dierich M, Hampl H, et al. Studies on the mechanism of complement-mediated inhibition of antibody binding to HIV gp41. Clin Exp Immunol. 1993;94:490-3 pubmed
- Lood C, Gullstrand B, Truedsson L, Olin A, Alm G, Rönnblom L, et al. C1q inhibits immune complex-induced interferon-alpha production in plasmacytoid dendritic cells: a novel link between C1q deficiency and systemic lupus erythematosus pathogenesis. Arthritis Rheum. 2009;60:3081-90 pubmed publisher..Our findings contribute to the understanding of why C1q deficiency is such a strong risk factor for SLE and suggest an explanation for the up-regulation of the type I IFN system seen in SLE patients. ..
- Martens H, Zuurman M, de Lange A, Nolte I, van der Steege G, Navis G, et al. Analysis of C1q polymorphisms suggests association with systemic lupus erythematosus, serum C1q and CH50 levels and disease severity. Ann Rheum Dis. 2009;68:715-20 pubmed publisher..Although the studied population was small and allele frequencies were low, this is the first study to suggest an association of C1q polymorphisms with SLE. ..
- Sellar G, Cockburn D, Reid K. Localization of the gene cluster encoding the A, B, and C chains of human C1q to 1p34.1-1p36.3. Immunogenetics. 1992;35:214-6 pubmed
- Petry F, Le D, Kirschfink M, Loos M. Non-sense and missense mutations in the structural genes of complement component C1q A and C chains are linked with two different types of complete selective C1q deficiencies. J Immunol. 1995;155:4734-8 pubmed
- Ebenbichler C, Thielens N, Vornhagen R, Marschang P, Arlaud G, Dierich M. Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 activates the classical pathway of complement by direct C1 binding through specific sites in the transmembrane glycoprotein gp41. J Exp Med. 1991;174:1417-24 pubmed..These data provide the first experimental evidence of a direct interaction between the C1 complex and HIV-1, and indicate that C1 binding and activation are mediated by specific sites in gp41. ..
- Stoiber H, Thielens N, Ebenbichler C, Arlaud G, Dierich M. The envelope glycoprotein of HIV-1 gp120 and human complement protein C1q bind to the same peptides derived from three different regions of gp41, the transmembrane glycoprotein of HIV-1, and share antigenic homology. Eur J Immunol. 1994;24:294-300 pubmed..These data suggest that in addition to functional homology between C1q and gp120 structural homology between these two molecules exists. This molecular mimicry might become the basis for immunologically relevant autoimmune phenomena. ..
- Prohaszka Z, Hidvegi T, Ujhelyi E, Stoiber H, Dierich M, Susal C, et al. Interaction of complement and specific antibodies with the external glycoprotein 120 of HIV-1. Immunology. 1995;85:184-9 pubmed..Addition of specific antibodies did not increase complement activation by rgp120 and only in the case of a monoclonal antibody to the V3-loop could we see complement-dependent inhibition of antibody binding. ..
- Kouser L, Madhukaran S, Shastri A, Saraon A, Ferluga J, Al Mozaini M, et al. Emerging and Novel Functions of Complement Protein C1q. Front Immunol. 2015;6:317 pubmed publisher..C1q role in synaptic pruning, and thus CNS development, its anti-cancer effects as an immune surveillance molecule, and possibly in aging are currently areas of extensive research. ..
- Chew C, Chua K, Lian L, Puah S, Tan S. PCR-RFLP genotyping of C1q mutations and single nucleotide polymorphisms in Malaysian patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Hum Biol. 2008;80:83-93 pubmed..known mutations within the C1q gene [located at C1qA-Gln186 (C >T), C1qB-Gly15 (G >A), C1qB-Arg150 (C >T), C1qC-Gly6 (G >A), and C1qC-Arg41 (C >T)] and two SNPs located at C1qA-Gly70 (G/A) and C1qC-Pro14 (T/C) were ..
- Su H, Boackle R. Interaction of the envelope glycoprotein of human immunodeficiency virus with C1q and fibronectin under conditions present in human saliva. Mol Immunol. 1991;28:811-7 pubmed..e. to the salivary sediment), may play an important role in the reduction of HIV transmission via saliva. Further studies will be needed to test the latter speculation. ..
- Petry F. Molecular basis of hereditary C1q deficiency. Immunobiology. 1998;199:286-94 pubmed
- Trouw L, Daha N, Kurreeman F, Böhringer S, Goulielmos G, Westra H, et al. Genetic variants in the region of the C1q genes are associated with rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Exp Immunol. 2013;173:76-83 pubmed publisher..We genotyped single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in and around the C1q genes, C1qA, C1qB and C1qC, in a Dutch set of 845 RA cases and 1046 controls...
- Nauta A, Bottazzi B, Mantovani A, Salvatori G, Kishore U, Schwaeble W, et al. Biochemical and functional characterization of the interaction between pentraxin 3 and C1q. Eur J Immunol. 2003;33:465-73 pubmed..These results indicate that PTX3 can both inhibit and activate the classical complement pathway by binding C1q, depending on the way it is presented. PTX3 may therefore be involved in the regulation of the innate immune response. ..
- Hamad O, Nilsson P, Wouters D, Lambris J, Ekdahl K, Nilsson B. Complement component C3 binds to activated normal platelets without preceding proteolytic activation and promotes binding to complement receptor 1. J Immunol. 2010;184:2686-92 pubmed publisher..However, the generation of C3(H(2)O) represents nonproteolytic activation of C3 and after factor I cleavage may act as a ligand for receptor binding. ..
- Chen L, Wu F, Yuan S, Feng B. Identification and characteristic of three members of the C1q/TNF-related proteins (CTRPs) superfamily in Eudontomyzon morii. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;59:233-240 pubmed publisher..The full-length cDNAs of C1qC-like (LaC1qAL), CTRP1-like (LaCTRP1), and CTRP9-like (LaCTRP9) consist of 723, 762 and 825 bp of nucleotide ..
- Chen G, Tan C, Teh B, Lu J. Molecular mechanisms for synchronized transcription of three complement C1q subunit genes in dendritic cells and macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:34941-50 pubmed publisher..The three human C1q genes are closely bundled on chromosome 1 (C1qA-C1qC-C1qB) and their basal and IFN?-stimulated expression, largely restricted to macrophages and dendritic cells, is ..
- Stoiber H, Ebenbichler C, Thielens N, Arlaud G, Dierich M. HIV-1 rsgp41 depends on calcium for binding of human c1q but not for binding of gp120. Mol Immunol. 1995;32:371-4 pubmed..Thus, calcium is required for the interaction between rsgp41 and C1q, whereas the interaction between rsgp41 and gp120 is independent of divalent cations. ..
- van Schaarenburg R, Suurmond J, Habets K, Brouwer M, Wouters D, Kurreeman F, et al. The production and secretion of complement component C1q by human mast cells. Mol Immunol. 2016;78:164-170 pubmed publisher..Fully differentiated mast cells were shown by both RNA sequencing and qPCR to express C1QA, C1QB and C1QC. C1q produced by mast cells has a similar molecular make-up as serum C1q...
- Kojouharova M, Gadjeva M, Tsacheva I, Zlatarova A, Roumenina L, Tchorbadjieva M, et al. Mutational analyses of the recombinant globular regions of human C1q A, B, and C chains suggest an essential role for arginine and histidine residues in the C1q-IgG interaction. J Immunol. 2004;172:4351-8 pubmed
- Yokota T, Oritani K, Takahashi I, Ishikawa J, Matsuyama A, Ouchi N, et al. Adiponectin, a new member of the family of soluble defense collagens, negatively regulates the growth of myelomonocytic progenitors and the functions of macrophages. Blood. 2000;96:1723-32 pubmed..Blood. 2000;96:1723-1732) ..
- Dardiotis E, Koutsou P, Zamba Papanicolaou E, Vonta I, Hadjivassiliou M, Hadjigeorgiou G, et al. Complement C1Q polymorphisms modulate onset in familial amyloidotic polyneuropathy TTR Val30Met. J Neurol Sci. 2009;284:158-62 pubmed publisher..One polymorphic site in C1QA (rs172378) and one in C1QC (rs9434) as well as the epsilon2 allele correlated with age of onset (p<0.05)...
- Qiu Y, Marquez Curtis L, Janowska Wieczorek A. Mesenchymal stromal cells derived from umbilical cord blood migrate in response to complement C1q. Cytotherapy. 2012;14:285-95 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest new molecular mechanisms of MSC migration that may contribute to their clinical application in tissue repair. ..
- Hosszu K, Santiago Schwarz F, Peerschke E, Ghebrehiwet B. Evidence that a C1q/C1qR system regulates monocyte-derived dendritic cell differentiation at the interface of innate and acquired immunity. Innate Immun. 2010;16:115-27 pubmed publisher..Thus, specific C1q/C1q receptor (R) interactions may control the transition from the monocyte state (innate immunity) toward the professional antigen-presenting cell state (adaptive immunity). ..
- Kishore U, Gupta S, Perdikoulis M, Kojouharova M, Urban B, Reid K. Modular organization of the carboxyl-terminal, globular head region of human C1q A, B, and C chains. J Immunol. 2003;171:812-20 pubmed..The heterotrimeric organization thus offers functional flexibility and versatility to the whole C1q molecule. ..
- Thielens N, Tacnet Delorme P, Arlaud G. Interaction of C1q and mannan-binding lectin with viruses. Immunobiology. 2002;205:563-74 pubmed..These interactions lead to virus inactivation, are independent of complement activation and are influenced by the oligomerization state of the collectin. ..
- Tsai V, Varghese R, Ravindran S, Ralston R, Vellekamp G. Complement component C1q and anti-hexon antibody mediate adenovirus infection of a CAR-negative cell line. Viral Immunol. 2008;21:469-76 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that complement protein C1q and anti-hexon antibodies together can mediate efficient adenovirus infection in CAR-negative cell types...
- Gaboriaud C, Juanhuix J, Gruez A, Lacroix M, Darnault C, Pignol D, et al. The crystal structure of the globular head of complement protein C1q provides a basis for its versatile recognition properties. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:46974-82 pubmed..The C1q/human IgG1 model suggests a critical role for the hinge region of IgG and for the relative orientation of its Fab domain in C1q binding. ..
- Kang M, Ko Y, Liang X, Ross C, Liu Q, Murray B, et al. Collagen-binding microbial surface components recognizing adhesive matrix molecule (MSCRAMM) of Gram-positive bacteria inhibit complement activation via the classical pathway. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:20520-31 pubmed publisher..As a result, C1r2C1s2 was displaced from C1q, and the C1 complex was deactivated. This novel function of the Cna-like MSCRAMMs represents a potential immune evasion strategy that could be used by numerous Gram-positive pathogens. ..
- Shi L, Zhu B, Xu M, Wang X. Selection of AECOPD-specific immunomodulatory biomarkers by integrating genomics and proteomics with clinical informatics. Cell Biol Toxicol. 2018;34:109-123 pubmed publisher..We found that genes and proteins of C1QC and C1RL were co-differentially up-expressed in patients with COPD or AECOPD, while haptoglobin (HP), ORM1, ..
- Gulati P, Guc D, Lemercier C, Lappin D, Whaley K. Expression of the components and regulatory proteins of the classical pathway of complement in normal and diseased synovium. Rheumatol Int. 1994;14:13-9 pubmed..dot blot analysis showed that the mRNAs for all classical pathway complement components (C1qA chain, C1qB chain, C1qC chain, C1r, C1s, C4 and C2) and the fluid-phase regulatory components (C1-inhibitor, C4-bp and factor I) were ..
- Nam K, Wolfe C, Fitz N, Letronne F, Castranio E, Mounier A, et al. Integrated approach reveals diet, APOE genotype and sex affect immune response in APP mice. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis. 2018;1864:152-161 pubmed publisher..We determined that the immune response network with major hubs Tyrobp/DAP12, Csf1r, Tlr2, C1qc and Laptm5 correlated significantly and positively to the phenotype of female APP/E4-HFD mice...
- Bally I, Ancelet S, Moriscot C, Gonnet F, Mantovani A, Daniel R, et al. Expression of recombinant human complement C1q allows identification of the C1r/C1s-binding sites. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:8650-5 pubmed publisher..The expression method reported here opens the way for deciphering the molecular basis of the unusual binding versatility of C1q by mapping the residues involved in the sensing of its targets and the binding of its receptors. ..
- Gulez N, Genel F, Atlihan F, Gullstrand B, Skattum L, Schejbel L, et al. Homozygosity for a novel mutation in the C1q C chain gene in a Turkish family with hereditary C1q deficiency. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 2010;20:255-8 pubmed..reaction followed by direct sequence analysis revealed a novel homozygous missense mutation at codon 48 in the C1q C gene causing a glycine-to-arginine substitution affecting the collagen-like region of C1q...
- Slingsby J, Norsworthy P, Pearce G, Vaishnaw A, Issler H, Morley B, et al. Homozygous hereditary C1q deficiency and systemic lupus erythematosus. A new family and the molecular basis of C1q deficiency in three families. Arthritis Rheum. 1996;39:663-70 pubmed..The mutation in patient 1 has been previously reported in a patient of different ethnic origin. A survey of a series of 158 DNA samples from patients with systemic lupus erythematosus showed no other examples of this mutant allele. ..
- Daubener W, MacKenzie C, Hadding U. Establishment of T-helper type 1- and T-helper type 2-like human Toxoplasma antigen-specific T-cell clones. Immunology. 1995;86:79-84 pubmed..We therefore conclude that Toxoplasma-antigen is able to activate T-helper type 1 (Th1)- and Th2-like human T cells, and only IFN-gamma-producing cells are capable of inducing anti-parasitic effector mechanisms. ..
- Hao H, Wang S. Hypothermia induced by anesthesia regulates various signals expressions in the hippocampus of animals. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;95:1321-1330 pubmed publisher..of isoflurane enhances various signals expression in hippocampus, including Hspd1, Actb, Mgst1, THBS4, Syp, C1QC, Serpine, Plat, and Ngf, which were related to cellular stress, neural plasticity responses, and hippocampal injury...
- Rafiq S, Frayling T, Vyse T, Cunninghame Graham D, Eggleton P. Assessing association of common variation in the C1Q gene cluster with systemic lupus erythematosus. Clin Exp Immunol. 2010;161:284-9 pubmed publisherRecent studies have tested genetic variation at the C1QA, C1QB and C1QC (complement component 1, q subcomponent, A chain, complement component 1, q subcomponent, B chain and complement component 1, q subcomponent, c chain) loci in ..