Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: c-Fos
Description: Fos proto-oncogene, AP-1 transcription factor subunit
Alias: AP-1, C-FOS, p55, proto-oncogene c-Fos, FBJ murine osteosarcoma viral (v-fos) oncogene homolog (oncogene FOS), FBJ murine osteosarcoma viral oncogene homolog, Fos proto-oncogene, AP-1 trancription factor subunit, G0/G1 switch regulatory protein 7, activator protein 1, cellular oncogene c-fos
- Ivorra C, Kubicek M, Gonzalez J, Sanz González S, Alvarez Barrientos A, O Connor J, et al. A mechanism of AP-1 suppression through interaction of c-Fos with lamin A/C. Genes Dev. 2006;20:307-20 pubmed..We propose lamin A/C-mediated c-Fos sequestration at the NE as a novel mechanism of transcriptional and cell cycle control. ..
- Li Y, Tao K, Ren N, Wang Y. Effect of c-fos antisense probe on prostaglandin E2-induced upregulation of vascular endothelial growth factor mRNA in human liver cancer cells. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:4427-30 pubmed..PGE2 increases the expression and secretion of VEGF in HCC cells by activating the transcription factor c-fos, promotes the angiogenesis of HCC and plays an important role in the pathogenesis of liver cancer. ..
- Bossis G, Malnou C, Farras R, Andermarcher E, Hipskind R, Rodriguez M, et al. Down-regulation of c-Fos/c-Jun AP-1 dimer activity by sumoylation. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:6964-79 pubmed..This supports the idea that this modification does not constitute a final inactivation step that necessarily precedes protein degradation. ..
- Silvestre D, Gil G, Tomasini N, Bussolino D, Caputto B. Growth of peripheral and central nervous system tumors is supported by cytoplasmic c-Fos in humans and mice. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9544 pubmed publisher..They also disclose this protein as a potential target for controlling tumor growth in the nervous system. ..
- Mahner S, Baasch C, Schwarz J, Hein S, Wölber L, Janicke F, et al. C-Fos expression is a molecular predictor of progression and survival in epithelial ovarian carcinoma. Br J Cancer. 2008;99:1269-75 pubmed publisher..These results are in contrast to the classic concept of c-Fos as an oncogene, but are supported by the recently discovered tumour-suppressing and proapoptotic function of c-Fos in various cancer types. ..
- Jin S, Kim J, Kim M, Yang H, Lee H, Lee H, et al. Prognostic significance of loss of c-fos protein in gastric carcinoma. Pathol Oncol Res. 2007;13:284-9 pubmed..The above findings suggest that loss of c-fos expression has tumor suppressor activity in gastric cancer and we suspect that this suppressor activity might be related to the pro-apoptotic function of c-fos. ..
- Liu G, Ding W, Liu X, Mulder K. c-Fos is required for TGFbeta1 production and the associated paracrine migratory effects of human colon carcinoma cells. Mol Carcinog. 2006;45:582-93 pubmed..Thus, c-Fos may have utility as a target for blocking tumor cell-secreted TGFbeta1, thereby suppressing the migratory behavior associated with the malignant phenotype of HCCCs. ..
- Bossis G, Ferrara P, Acquaviva C, Jariel Encontre I, Piechaczyk M. c-Fos proto-oncoprotein is degraded by the proteasome independently of its own ubiquitinylation in vivo. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:7425-36 pubmed
- Monje P, Hernandez Losa J, Lyons R, Castellone M, Gutkind J. Regulation of the transcriptional activity of c-Fos by ERK. A novel role for the prolyl isomerase PIN1. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:35081-4 pubmed
- Tanos T, Marinissen M, Leskow F, Hochbaum D, Martinetto H, Gutkind J, et al. Phosphorylation of c-Fos by members of the p38 MAPK family. Role in the AP-1 response to UV light. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:18842-52 pubmed..Thus, these newly described pathways act concomitantly with the activation of c-Jun by JNK/MAPKs, thereby contributing to the complexity of AP1-driven gene transcription regulation. ..
- Guinea Viniegra J, Zenz R, Scheuch H, Jimenez M, Bakiri L, Petzelbauer P, et al. Differentiation-induced skin cancer suppression by FOS, p53, and TACE/ADAM17. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:2898-910 pubmed publisher..We propose FOS/AP-1 inhibition or p53/TACE reactivating strategies as differentiation-inducing therapies for SCCs. ..
- Vasilescu J, Zweitzig D, Denis N, Smith J, Ethier M, Haines D, et al. The proteomic reactor facilitates the analysis of affinity-purified proteins by mass spectrometry: application for identifying ubiquitinated proteins in human cells. J Proteome Res. 2007;6:298-305 pubmed..The Proteomic Reactor is a novel technology that facilitates the analysis of affinity-purified proteins and has the potential to aid future biological studies. ..
- Fukuda A, Nakadai T, Shimada M, Hisatake K. Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein R enhances transcription from the naturally configured c-fos promoter in vitro. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:23472-80 pubmed publisher..Recombinant heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein R enhanced transcription from the c-fos promoter and displayed cooperativity with PC4 and Mediator, thus demonstrating its direct transcriptional activity. ..
- Marini E, Tiberio L, Caracciolo S, Tosti G, Guzman C, Schiaffonati L, et al. HIV-1 matrix protein p17 binds to monocytes and selectively stimulates MCP-1 secretion: role of transcriptional factor AP-1. Cell Microbiol. 2008;10:655-66 pubmed..Overall our results suggest that p17 may play a critical role in the monocyte-mediated inflammatory processes, which are suspected to be major precipitating events in AIDS-defining diseases. ..
- van Riggelen J, Buchwalter G, Soto U, De Castro Arce J, zur Hausen H, Wasylyk B, et al. Loss of net as repressor leads to constitutive increased c-fos transcription in cervical cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:3286-94 pubmed..These data indicate that loss of Net and constitutive c-fos expression appear to be a key event in the transformation of cervical cancer cells. ..
- Varin A, Decrion A, Sabbah E, Quivy V, Sire J, Van Lint C, et al. Synthetic Vpr protein activates activator protein-1, c-Jun N-terminal kinase, and NF-kappaB and stimulates HIV-1 transcription in promonocytic cells and primary macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:42557-67 pubmed..Therefore, our results suggest that extracellular Vpr could fuel the progression of AIDS via stimulation of HIV-1 provirus present in such cellular reservoirs as mononuclear phagocytes in HIV-infected patients. ..
- Price M, Rogers A, Treisman R. Comparative analysis of the ternary complex factors Elk-1, SAP-1a and SAP-2 (ERP/NET). EMBO J. 1995;14:2589-601 pubmed..Each TCF activation domain can be phosphorylated in vitro by partially purified ERK2, and ERK activation in vivo is sufficient to potentiate transcriptional activation. ..
- Mehic D, Bakiri L, Ghannadan M, Wagner E, Tschachler E. Fos and jun proteins are specifically expressed during differentiation of human keratinocytes. J Invest Dermatol. 2005;124:212-20 pubmedb>Activator protein 1 (AP-1) proteins play key roles in the regulation of cell proliferation and differentiation...
- Hein S, Mahner S, Kanowski C, Löning T, Janicke F, Milde Langosch K. Expression of Jun and Fos proteins in ovarian tumors of different malignant potential and in ovarian cancer cell lines. Oncol Rep. 2009;22:177-83 pubmed..No correlation with the proliferative and invasive potential of ovarian cancer cell lines could be found. ..
- Neub A, Houdek P, Ohnemus U, Moll I, Brandner J. Biphasic regulation of AP-1 subunits during human epidermal wound healing. J Invest Dermatol. 2007;127:2453-62 pubmed..b>Activator protein 1 (AP-1) subunits have been implicated in the regulation of genes important for these processes and have been ..
- Bakin A, Curran T. Role of DNA 5-methylcytosine transferase in cell transformation by fos. Science. 1999;283:387-90 pubmed..Inhibition of histone deacetylase, which associates with methylated DNA, also caused reversion. These results suggest that fos may transform cells through alterations in DNA methylation and in histone deacetylation. ..
- Monje P, Marinissen M, Gutkind J. Phosphorylation of the carboxyl-terminal transactivation domain of c-Fos by extracellular signal-regulated kinase mediates the transcriptional activation of AP-1 and cellular transformation induced by platelet-derived growth factor. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:7030-43 pubmed..Furthermore, we provide evidence that the ERK-dependent activation of c-Fos is an integral component of the mitogenic pathway by which PDGF regulates normal and aberrant cell growth. ..
- Nookala A, Shah A, Noel R, Kumar A. HIV-1 Tat-mediated induction of CCL5 in astrocytes involves NF-?B, AP-1, C/EBP? and C/EBP? transcription factors and JAK, PI3K/Akt and p38 MAPK signaling pathways. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e78855 pubmed publisher..This was further confirmed at transcriptional level that AP-1, C/EBP? and C/EBP? were involved in CCL5 up-regulation. ..
- Chen R, Abate C, Blenis J. Phosphorylation of the c-Fos transrepression domain by mitogen-activated protein kinase and 90-kDa ribosomal S6 kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:10952-6 pubmed..This study suggests a role for nuclear RSK and MAP kinase in modulating newly synthesized c-Fos phosphorylation and downstream signaling. ..
- Dolfini D, Zambelli F, Pedrazzoli M, Mantovani R, Pavesi G. A high definition look at the NF-Y regulome reveals genome-wide associations with selected transcription factors. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:4684-702 pubmed publisher..These data define genome-wide rules for the organization of NF-Y-centered regulatory modules, supporting a model of distinct categorization and synergy with well defined sets of TFs. ..
- Fraley G. ICV galanin-like peptide stimulates non-contact erections but not touch-based erections in adult, sexually experienced male rats. Neuropeptides. 2017;64:69-73 pubmed publisher..GALP had no significant effect on touch-based erections compared to vehicle. These data suggest that GALP's activation of fos within the mPOA is indicative of its action to stimulate the appetitive aspects of male sexual behavior. ..
- Monfil T, Vazquez Roque R, Camacho Abrego I, Tendilla Beltran H, Iannitti T, Meneses Morales I, et al. Hyper-response to Novelty Increases c-Fos Expression in the Hippocampus and Prefrontal Cortex in a Rat Model of Schizophrenia. Neurochem Res. 2018;43:441-448 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the nVHL disrupts the neural activity in the PFC and CA1 region of hippocampus in the process of coding novelty in the rat. ..
- Flores Ã, JuliÃ HernÃ¡ndez M, Maldonado R, Berrendero F. Involvement of the orexin/hypocretin system in the pharmacological effects induced by Î”(9) -tetrahydrocannabinol. Br J Pharmacol. 2016;173:1381-92 pubmed publisher..Our results provide new findings to further clarify the interaction between orexins and cannabinoids. OX1 and OX2 receptors are differently implicated in the pharmacological effects of cannabinoids. ..
- Yin D, Liu Y, Wang T, Hu Z, Qu W, Chen J, et al. Paeoniflorin exerts analgesic and hypnotic effects via adenosine A1 receptors in a mouse neuropathic pain model. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2016;233:281-93 pubmed publisher..The present findings indicated that paeoniflorin exerted analgesic and hypnotic effects via adenosine A1Rs and might be of potential use in the treatment of neuropathic pain and associated insomnia. ..
- Zhang H, Li K, Chen H, Gao S, Xia Z, Zhang J, et al. Dorsal raphe projection inhibits the excitatory inputs on lateral habenula and alleviates depressive behaviors in rats. Brain Struct Funct. 2018;223:2243-2258 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal the functional connectivity of DRN-LHb circuit and its antidepressant action, which may provide a novel target for the treatment of depression. ..
- Kang S, Lim S, Won S, Shin Y, Lim Y, Ahn B, et al. c-Fos regulates hepatitis C virus propagation. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:3236-44 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that c-Fos acts as a positive regulator of HCV propagation and may contribute to HCV-associated pathogenesis. ..
- Nakagawa N, Barron L, Gomez I, Johnson B, Roach A, Kameoka S, et al. Pentraxin-2 suppresses c-Jun/AP-1 signaling to inhibit progressive fibrotic disease. JCI Insight. 2016;1:e87446 pubmed publisher..Our studies therefore identify rhPTX-2 as a potential therapy for chronic fibrotic disease of the kidney and an important inhibitor of pathological c-Jun signaling in this setting. ..
- Nemoto W, Yamada K, Ogata Y, Nakagawasai O, Onodera K, Sakurai H, et al. Chondroitin sulfate attenuates formalin-induced persistent tactile allodynia. J Pharmacol Sci. 2016;131:275-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that CS attenuates formalin-induced tactile allodynia through the inhibition of p38 MAPK phosphorylation and subsequent up-regulation of c-Fos expression in the dorsal lumbar spinal cord. ..
- Kum C, Kim E, Kim J, Lee B, Min J, Heo J, et al. Cyperus Rotundus L. extract suppresses RANKL-induced osteoclastogenesis through NFATc1/c-fos downregulation and prevent bone loss in OVX-induced osteoporosis rat. J Ethnopharmacol. 2017;205:186-194 pubmed publisher..CyR inhibited trabecular bone loss in the femur caused by OVX. The results of this study indicate that CyR inhibits the RANKL-induced osteoclast differentiation in RAW 264.7 cells and trabecular bone loss in OVX rats. ..
- Ahern M, Goodell D, Adams J, Bland S. Brain regional differences in social encounter-induced Fos expression in male and female rats after post-weaning social isolation. Brain Res. 2016;1630:120-33 pubmed publisher..Negative relationships were observed between social interactions and Fos in some regions. Forebrain hypofunction produced by early-life adversity may be involved in socially inappropriate behavior. ..
- Yin G, Du J, Cao H, Liu X, Xu Q, Xiang M. Reg3g Promotes Pancreatic Carcinogenesis in a Murine Model of Chronic Pancreatitis. Dig Dis Sci. 2015;60:3656-68 pubmed publisher..Reg3g appears to promote CP-related PC in mice through multiple mechanisms, involving enhanced transcription of pancreatic tumor markers, repression of anti-tumor immunity, and activation of STAT3/p65 signal transduction pathways. ..
- Kinnavane L, Amin E, Olarte SÃ¡nchez C, Aggleton J. Detecting and discriminating novel objects: The impact of perirhinal cortex disconnection on hippocampal activity patterns. Hippocampus. 2016;26:1393-1413 pubmed publisher..2016 The Authors Hippocampus Published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Dillman N, Messinger M, Dinh K, Placencia J, Moffett B, Guaman M, et al. Evaluation of the Effects of Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation on Antiepileptic Drug Serum Concentrations in Pediatric Patients. J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther. 2017;22:352-357 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study is to evaluate the effect of ECMO on AED serum concentrations...
- Iskit S, Schlicker A, Wessels L, Peeper D. Fra-1 is a key driver of colon cancer metastasis and a Fra-1 classifier predicts disease-free survival. Oncotarget. 2015;6:43146-61 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that Fra-1 is an important determinant of the metastatic potential of human colon cancer cells, and that the Fra-1 classifier can be used as a prognostic predictor in colon cancer patients. ..
- Elkady A, Hussein R, El Assouli S. Harmal Extract Induces Apoptosis of HCT116 Human Colon Cancer Cells, Mediated by Inhibition of Nuclear Factor-?B and Activator Protein-1 Signaling Pathways and Induction of Cytoprotective Genes. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016;17:1947-59 pubmed
- Pinto H, Carvalho V, Medeiros D, Almeida A, Mendes E, Moraes M. Auditory processing assessment suggests that Wistar audiogenic rat neural networks are prone to entrainment. Neuroscience. 2017;347:48-56 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a competing myriad of interferences among different networks that after seizure onset converge to a massive oscillatory circuit. ..
- Bhattarai G, Kook S, Kim J, Poudel S, Lim S, Seo Y, et al. COMP-Ang1 prevents periodontitic damages and enhances mandible bone growth in an experimental animal model. Bone. 2016;92:168-179 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings may support the therapeutic potentials of COMP-Ang1 in preventing inflammatory periodontal damages and in stimulating new bone growth. ..
- Kralj S, Leeflang C, Sierra E, Kempiński B, Alkan V, Kolkman M. Synthesis of fructooligosaccharides (FosA) and inulin (InuO) by GH68 fructosyltransferases from Bacillus agaradhaerens strain WDG185. Carbohydr Polym. 2018;179:350-359 pubmed publisher..These are the first examples of the molecular and biochemical characterization of a ?-fructofuranosidase (FosA) and an inulosucrase enzyme (InuO) and its product from a Bacillus agaradhaerens strain. ..
- Yamaguchi M, Osuka S, Shoji M, Weitzmann M, Murata T. Survival of lung cancer patients is prolonged with higher regucalcin gene expression: suppressed proliferation of lung adenocarcinoma A549 cells in vitro. Mol Cell Biochem. 2017;430:37-46 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of regucalcin using gene delivery may constitute a novel therapeutic approach to treating lung cancer. ..
- Wu J, Zhou Y, Liang C, Zhang X, Lai J, Ye S, et al. Cyclovirobuxinum D alleviates cardiac hypertrophy in hyperthyroid rats by preventing apoptosis of cardiac cells and inhibiting the p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathway. Chin J Integr Med. 2017;23:770-778 pubmed publisher..01). These results demonstrate that Cvb-D protects against cardiac hypertrophy, which is possibly mediated by prevention of cardiac cell apoptosis and inhibition of the p38MAPK signaling pathway. ..
- Wang Z, Yu G, Wang H, Yi S, Su R, Gong Z. Changes in VGLUT2 expression and function in pain-related supraspinal regions correlate with the pathogenesis of neuropathic pain in a mouse spared nerve injury model. Brain Res. 2015;1624:515-524 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that changes in the expression of supraspinal VGLUT2 may be a new mechanism relevant to the induction of neuropathic pain after nerve injury that acts through an aggravation of glutamate imbalance. ..
- Vargas V, Gurung S, Grant B, Hyatt K, Singleton K, Myers S, et al. Gestational hypoxia disrupts the neonatal leptin surge and programs hyperphagia and obesity in male offspring in the Sprague-Dawley rat. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185272 pubmed publisher..HPX offspring had fewer ?MSH fibers in the PVN vs. NMX offspring on PN16. In conclusion, gestational hypoxia impacts the developing ARH resulting in hyperphagia contributing to adult obesity on a control diet and exacerbated by a HFD. ..
- Victoriano A, Okamoto T. Transcriptional control of HIV replication by multiple modulators and their implication for a novel antiviral therapy. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2012;28:125-38 pubmed publisher..We include recent findings on chromatin remodeling toward HIV transcription and its therapeutic implication is also discussed. The current status of small-molecular-weight compounds that affect HIV transcription is also described. ..
- Tian Y, Wang G, Hu Q, Xiao X, Chen S. AML1/ETO trans-activates c-KIT expression through the long range interaction between promoter and intronic enhancer. J Cell Biochem. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data uncover a novel transcriptional activity mechanism of AML1/ETO and enrich our knowledge of the onco-fusion protein mediated transcription regulation. This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved...
- Shin M, Park J, Lee J, Yoo H, Hahm D, Lee S, et al. Anti-inflammatory effects and corresponding mechanisms of cirsimaritin extracted from Cirsium japonicum var. maackii Maxim. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:3076-3080 pubmed publisher..7 cells. Collectively, these results show that cirsimaritin possesses anti-inflammatory activity, which is regulated by inhibition of c-fos and STAT3 phosphorylation in RAW264.7 cells. ..
- Fischer C, Mikami M, Minematsu H, Nizami S, Goo Lee H, Stamer D, et al. Calreticulin inhibits inflammation-induced osteoclastogenesis and bone resorption. J Orthop Res. 2017;: pubmed publisher..2017 Orthopaedic Research Society. Published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. J Orthop Res...
- Jang B, Ishigami A, Kim Y, Choi E. The Peptidylarginine Deiminase Inhibitor Cl-Amidine Suppresses Inducible Nitric Oxide Synthase Expression in Dendritic Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that Cl-amidine acts as a novel suppressor of iNOS expression, suggesting that Cl-amidine has the potential to ameliorate the effects of excessive iNOS/NO-linked immune responses. ..
- Silvério S, Macedo E, Teixeira J, Rodrigues L. New ?-galactosidase producers with potential for prebiotic synthesis. Bioresour Technol. 2018;250:131-139 pubmed publisher..07-0.5?g/L·h-1 productivity) and FOS (4-30% yield and 0.1-1?g/L·h-1 productivity) by crude extracts exhibiting dual enzymatic activity. ..
- Bard Chapeau E, Jeyakani J, Kok C, Müller J, Chua B, Gunaratne J, et al. Ecotopic viral integration site 1 (EVI1) regulates multiple cellular processes important for cancer and is a synergistic partner for FOS protein in invasive tumors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:2168-73 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data indicate that EVI1 is a multipurpose transcription factor that synergizes with FOS in invasive tumors. ..
- Pismenetskaya I, Butters T. Serum glycomarkers of endoplasmic reticulum and lysosomal-endosomal system stress in human healthy aging and diseases. Ukr Biochem J. 2017;89:59-70 pubmed publisher..As serum free oligosaccharides are able to reflect specifically perturbations in ER and endosomal-lysosomal system under wide range of stressors they can serve as extracellular markers of functionality of these organelles...
- Tseng C, Chao H, Huang H, Huang Y. Olfactory-Experience- and Developmental-Stage-Dependent Control of CPEB4 Regulates c-Fos mRNA Translation for Granule Cell Survival. Cell Rep. 2017;21:2264-2276 pubmed publisher..Activity-related c-FOS synthesis and GC survival are thus developmentally controlled by distinct molecular mechanisms to govern OB growth. ..
- Walter I, Wolfesberger B, Miller I, Mair G, Burger S, Gallè B, et al. Human osteosarcoma cells respond to sorafenib chemotherapy by downregulation of the tumor progression factors S100A4, CXCR4 and the oncogene FOS. Oncol Rep. 2014;31:1147-56 pubmed publisher..We conclude that sorafenib could serve as a potent chemotherapeutical agent by which to inhibit the metastatic progression of osteosarcomas. ..
- Kabelik D, Alix V, Singh L, Johnson A, Choudhury S, Elbaum C, et al. Neural activity in catecholaminergic populations following sexual and aggressive interactions in the brown anole, Anolis sagrei. Brain Res. 2014;1553:41-58 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we here map CA populations throughout the brown anole brain and demonstrate evidence for catecholaminergic involvement in appetitive and consummatory sexual behaviors and consummatory aggressive behaviors in this species. ..
- Meyer M, Benkusky N, Onal M, Pike J. Selective regulation of Mmp13 by 1,25(OH)2D3, PTH, and Osterix through distal enhancers. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2016;164:258-264 pubmed publisher..These data are consistent with those obtained through UAMS osteoblast cell culture and further define the specific roles of distal enhancers in the regulation of Mmp13. ..
- Lee S, Kim H, Park J, Kim H, Kim K, Son S, et al. Artemisia annua extract prevents ovariectomy-induced bone loss by blocking receptor activator of nuclear factor kappa-B ligand-induced differentiation of osteoclasts. Sci Rep. 2017;7:17332 pubmed publisher..AaE has beneficial applications for the prevention and inhibition of osteoporosis and osteoclast-mediated bone diseases. ..
- GÃ³mez SÃ¡nchez R, Gegg M, Bravo San Pedro J, Niso Santano M, Alvarez Erviti L, Pizarro Estrella E, et al. Mitochondrial impairment increases FL-PINK1 levels by calcium-dependent gene expression. Neurobiol Dis. 2014;62:426-40 pubmed publisher..This sensitivity to intracellular calcium levels supports the hypothesis that PINK1 may also play a role in cellular calcium homeostasis and neuroprotection. ..
- Lidove O, Barbey F, Niu D, Brand E, Nicholls K, Bizjajeva S, et al. Fabry in the older patient: Clinical consequences and possibilities for treatment. Mol Genet Metab. 2016;118:319-25 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to increase knowledge of Fabry disease and ERT in later life. ..
- Engster K, Kroczek A, Rose M, Stengel A, Kobelt P. Peripheral injection of bombesin induces c-Fos in NUCB2/nesfatin-1 neurons. Brain Res. 2016;1648:46-53 pubmed publisher..Our results show that peripherally injected bombesin activates NUCB2/nesfatin-1 neurons in the PVN and NTS giving rise to a possible interaction between bombesin and NUCB2/nesfatin-1 in the modulation of food intake. ..
- Jia Z, Wan Y, Tang J, Dai Y, Liu Y, Wang X, et al. Tissue factor/activated factor VIIa induces matrix metalloproteinase-7 expression through activation of c-Fos via ERK1/2 and p38 MAPK signaling pathways in human colon cancer cell. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2012;27:437-45 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that a novel TF/FVIIa/MAPK/c-Fos/MMP-7 axis plays an important role in modulating the invasion of colon cancer cells and blockage of this pathway holds promise to treat colon cancer metastasis. ..
- Boyajyan A, Zakharyan R, Atshemyan S, Chavushyan A, Mkrtchyan G. Schizophrenia-associated Risk and Protective Variants of c-Fos Encoding Gene. Recent Adv DNA Gene Seq. 2015;9:51-7 pubmed
- Trøen G, Nygaard V, Jenssen T, Ikonomou I, Tierens A, Matutes E, et al. Constitutive expression of the AP-1 transcription factors c-jun, junD, junB, and c-fos and the marginal zone B-cell transcription factor Notch2 in splenic marginal zone lymphoma. J Mol Diagn. 2004;6:297-307 pubmed
- Loi M, Sarabdjitsingh R, Tsouli A, Trinh S, Arp M, Krugers H, et al. Transient Prepubertal Mifepristone Treatment Normalizes Deficits in Contextual Memory and Neuronal Activity of Adult Male Rats Exposed to Maternal Deprivation. Eneuro. 2017;4: pubmed publisher..We conclude that transient prepubertal MIF treatment normalizes hippocampus-striatal-dependent contextual memory/spatial learning deficits in male rats exposed to early life adversity, possibly by normalizing glutamatergic transmission. ..
- Vallian S, Gaken J, Gingold E, Kouzarides T, Chang K, Farzaneh F. Modulation of Fos-mediated AP-1 transcription by the promyelocytic leukemia protein. Oncogene. 1998;16:2843-53 pubmed..This study demonstrated that PML is involved in the AP-1 complex and can modulate Fos-mediated transcriptional activity, which may contribute to its growth suppressor function. ..
- Mayer U, Rosa Salva O, Vallortigara G. First exposure to an alive conspecific activates septal and amygdaloid nuclei in visually-naïve domestic chicks (Gallus gallus). Behav Brain Res. 2017;317:71-81 pubmed publisher..Future studies could capitalize on these results, by identifying the specific visual cues eliciting this effect. ..
- Kunkler P, Zhang L, Lee Johnson P, Oxford G, Hurley J. Induction of chronic migraine phenotypes in a rat model after environmental irritant exposure. Pain. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Environmental irritant exposure yields an animal model of chronic migraine in which to study mechanisms for enhanced headache susceptibility after chemical exposure...
- Rodríguez Ortega E, Cañadas F, Carvajal F, Cardona D. In vivo stimulation of locus coeruleus: effects on amygdala subnuclei. Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars). 2017;77:261-268 pubmed..Therefore, our study provides evidence that in vivo electrical stimulation of LC is able to activate the amygdala subnuclei as measured by c-fos expression...
- Albertini G, Walrave L, Demuyser T, Massie A, De Bundel D, Smolders I. 6 Hz corneal kindling in mice triggers neurobehavioral comorbidities accompanied by relevant changes in c-Fos immunoreactivity throughout the brain. Epilepsia. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we correlate these behavioral changes to alterations in c-Fos protein expression throughout the brain following kindling...
- Miannay B, Minvielle S, Roux O, Drouin P, Avet Loiseau H, Guerin Charbonnel C, et al. Logic programming reveals alteration of key transcription factors in multiple myeloma. Sci Rep. 2017;7:9257 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that JUN/FOS-activation has a strong impact on the RN in view of the whole GEP, whereas FOXM1-activation could be an interesting way to perturb an MM subgroup identified by our method. ..
- Vellenga E, Tuyt L, Wierenga B, Muller M, Dokter W. Interleukin-6 production by activated human monocytic cells is enhanced by MK-571, a specific inhibitor of the multi-drug resistance protein-1. Br J Pharmacol. 1999;127:441-8 pubmed..4. These results indicate that the membrane transporter MRP1 is involved in the regulation of IL-6 expression in activated human peripheral blood monocytes...
- Tanaka T, Hoshijima M, Sunaga J, Nishida T, Hashimoto M, Odagaki N, et al. Analysis of Ca2+ response of osteocyte network by three-dimensional time-lapse imaging in living bone. J Bone Miner Metab. 2018;36:519-528 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that developmentally mature osteocytes are more responsive to mechanical stress than young osteocytes and have important functions in bone formation and remodeling. ..
- Gibellini D, Caputo A, Capitani S, La Placa M, Zauli G. Upregulation of c-Fos in activated T lymphoid and monocytic cells by human immunodeficiency virus-1 Tat protein. Blood. 1997;89:1654-64 pubmed..Our data suggest that the c-fos upregulation mediated by Tat might play a significant role in the control of viral gene transactivation. ..