Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: BTEB
Description: Kruppel like factor 9
Alias: BTEB, BTEB1, Krueppel-like factor 9, BTE-binding protein 1, GC-box-binding protein 1, basic transcription element-binding protein 1, transcription factor BTEB1
- Wong L, Saw E, Lim J, Zhou Y, Richards A, Wang P. MicroRNA Let-7d-3p Contributes to Cardiac Protection via Targeting HMGA2. Int J Mol Sci. 2019;20: pubmed publisher..It is known that HMGA2 is a strong apoptosis trigger through the blocking of DNA repair. Thus, we speculate that the anti-apoptotic effects of Let-7d-3p mimic during hypoxia challenge are due to direct targeting of HMGA2. ..
- Chen X, Huang Y, Wang Y, Wu Q, Hong S, Huang Z. THBS4 predicts poor outcomes and promotes proliferation and metastasis in gastric cancer. J Physiol Biochem. 2019;75:117-123 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, THBS4 had positive effects on GC proliferation and metastasis via targeting KLF9. ..
- Mostafa M, Rider C, Shah S, Traves S, Gordon P, Miller Larsson A, et al. Glucocorticoid-driven transcriptomes in human airway epithelial cells: commonalities, differences and functional insight from cell lines and primary cells. BMC Med Genomics. 2019;12:29 pubmed publisher..Since many such gene expression changes occurred in human airways post-ICS inhalation, the effects observed in cell lines and primary HBE cells in vitro may be relevant to ICS in vivo. ..
- Bagheri Yarmand R, Sinha K, Li L, Lu Y, Cote G, Sherman S, et al. Combinations of Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor and ERAD Inhibitor Promote Oxidative Stress-Induced Apoptosis through ATF4 and KLF9 in Medullary Thyroid Cancer. Mol Cancer Res. 2019;17:751-760 pubmed publisher..IMPLICATIONS: These findings reveal a combination therapy that induces reactive oxygen species-dependent catastrophic cell death through induction of ATF4 and KLF9 transcriptional activity. ..
- Zhong Z, Zhou F, Wang D, Wu M, Zhou W, Zou Y, et al. Expression of KLF9 in pancreatic cancer and its effects on the invasion, migration, apoptosis, cell cycle distribution, and proliferation of pancreatic cancer cell lines. Oncol Rep. 2018;40:3852-3860 pubmed publisher..KLF9 may have potential diagnostic and therapeutic values in this type of cancer. ..
- Fink E, Moparthy S, Bagati A, Bianchi Smiraglia A, Lipchick B, Wolff D, et al. XBP1-KLF9 Axis Acts as a Molecular Rheostat to Control the Transition from Adaptive to Cytotoxic Unfolded Protein Response. Cell Rep. 2018;25:212-223.e4 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, Klf9 deficiency attenuates tunicamycin-induced ER stress in mouse liver. These data reveal a role for XBP1s in cytotoxic UPR and provide insights into mechanisms of life-or-death decisions in cells under ER stress. ..
- Parga J, Rodriguez Perez A, García Garrote M, Rodriguez Pallares J, Labandeira Garcia J. Angiotensin II induces oxidative stress and upregulates neuroprotective signaling from the NRF2 and KLF9 pathway in dopaminergic cells. Free Radic Biol Med. 2018;129:394-406 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data indicate that AngII induces a damaging effect in neuronal cells, but also acts as a signaling molecule to activate NRF2 and KLF9 neuroprotective pathways in cellular and animal models of PD. ..
- Bagamasbad P, Bonett R, Sachs L, Buisine N, Raj S, Knoedler J, et al. Deciphering the regulatory logic of an ancient, ultraconserved nuclear receptor enhancer module. Mol Endocrinol. 2015;29:856-72 pubmed publisher..Our findings support that the KSM plays a central role in hormone regulation of vertebrate Klf9 genes, it evolved in the tetrapod lineage, and has been maintained by strong stabilizing selection. ..
- Marziali L, Garcia C, Pasquini J. Transferrin and thyroid hormone converge in the control of myelinogenesis. Exp Neurol. 2015;265:129-41 pubmed publisher..Here we describe the possible relationship between TH and aTf and its implication in oligodendrogenesis. ..
- Fernandes L, Al Dwairi A, Simmen R, Marji M, Brown D, Jewell S, et al. Malic Enzyme 1 (ME1) is pro-oncogenic in ApcMin/+ mice. Sci Rep. 2018;8:14268 pubmed publisher..Targeting of ME1 may add to the armentarium of therapies for cancers of the gastrointestinal tract. ..
- Ji P, Fan X, Ma X, Wang X, Zhang J, Mao Z. Krüppel-like factor 9 suppressed tumorigenicity of the pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma by negatively regulating frizzled-5. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;499:815-821 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings indicated that KLF9 suppressed tumorigenicity of the pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma by negatively regulating frizzled-5. ..
- Xue X, Hixson S, Hori T, Booman M, Parrish C, Anderson D, et al. Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) liver transcriptome response to diets containing Camelina sativa products. Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics. 2015;14:1-15 pubmed publisher..This nutrigenomic study provides molecular biomarkers for use in developing novel aquafeeds using camelina products. ..
- Ning M, Koh K, Pan X, Jeong H. Hepatocyte nuclear factor (HNF) 4Î± transactivation of cytochrome P450 (Cyp) 2d40 promoter is enhanced during pregnancy in mice. Biochem Pharmacol. 2015;94:46-52 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that while the underlying molecular mechanism is different from that for CYP2D6, Cyp2d40 is induced during pregnancy through enhanced transactivation by HNF4Î±. ..
- Ye H, Zhang J, Wang J, Gao Y, Du Y, Li C, et al. CD4 T-cell transcriptome analysis reveals aberrant regulation of STAT3 and Wnt signaling pathways in rheumatoid arthritis: evidence from a case-control study. Arthritis Res Ther. 2015;17:76 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that the aberrant expression of several zinc finger transcription factors (ZEB1, ZNF292, and ZNF644) may be potential pathogenic factors for RA. ..
- Besnard A, Langberg T, Levinson S, Chu D, Vicidomini C, Scobie K, et al. Targeting Kruppel-like Factor 9 in Excitatory Neurons Protects against Chronic Stress-Induced Impairments in Dendritic Spines and Fear Responses. Cell Rep. 2018;23:3183-3196 pubmed publisher..Thus, Klf9 functions as a stress-responsive transcription factor that mediates circuit and behavioral resilience in a sex-specific manner. ..
- Hudecova S, Markova J, Simko V, Csaderova L, Stracina T, Sirova M, et al. Sulforaphane-induced apoptosis involves the type 1 IP3 receptor. Oncotarget. 2016;7:61403-61418 pubmed publisher..Our results clearly show that IP3R1 is involved in SFN-induced apoptosis through the depletion of reticular calcium and modulation of transcription factors through nuclear calcium up-regulation. ..
- MCAVOY K, Scobie K, Berger S, Russo C, Guo N, Decharatanachart P, et al. Modulating Neuronal Competition Dynamics in the Dentate Gyrus to Rejuvenate Aging Memory Circuits. Neuron. 2016;91:1356-1373 pubmed publisher..Rejuvenation of the DG by enhancing integration of adult-born DGCs in adulthood, middle age, and aging enhanced memory precision. ..
- Naqvi H, Mamillapalli R, Krikun G, Taylor H. Endometriosis Located Proximal to or Remote From the Uterus Differentially Affects Uterine Gene Expression. Reprod Sci. 2016;23:186-91 pubmed publisher..Similarly, systemic effects of endometriosis on other organs may also be responsible for the widespread manifestations of the disease. ..
- Brown A, Simmen R, Raj V, Van T, MacLeod S, Simmen F. KrÃ¼ppel-like factor 9 (KLF9) prevents colorectal cancer through inhibition of interferon-related signaling. Carcinogenesis. 2015;36:946-55 pubmed publisher..KrÃ¼ppel-like factor 9 (KLF9) is a haploinsufficient tumor suppressor in the ApcMin/+ mouse colon by suppressing expression of ISG15, an apoptosis-inhibiting cytokine. ..
- Heo J, Jung T, Lee S, Kim H, Choi G, Jung M, et al. Effect of bexarotene on differentiation of glioblastoma multiforme compared with ATRA. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2016;33:417-29 pubmed publisher..Bexarotene also showed in vivo tumoricidal effects in a GBM xenograft mouse model. Therefore, we suggest bexarotene as a more beneficial differentiation agent than ATRA for GBM. ..
- Peng Y, Chen F, Ge J, Zhu J, Shi X, Li X, et al. miR-429 Inhibits Differentiation and Promotes Proliferation in Porcine Preadipocytes. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed..Taken together, our data support a novel role of miR-429 in regulating porcine preadipocyte differentiation and proliferation, and KLF9 and p27 are potent targets of miR-429 during these processes. ..
- Li J, Donangelo I, Abe K, Scremin O, Ke S, Li F, et al. Thyroid hormone treatment activates protective pathways in both inÂ vivo and inÂ vitro models of neuronal injury. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2017;452:120-130 pubmed publisher..The findings from both inÂ vitro and inÂ vivo studies support a role of thyroid hormone in activating pathways important for neuronal protection and promotion of neuronal recovery after injury. ..
- Choi J, Ishizuya Oka A, Buchholz D. Growth, Development, and Intestinal Remodeling Occurs in the Absence of Thyroid Hormone Receptor ? in Tadpoles of Xenopus tropicalis. Endocrinology. 2017;158:1623-1633 pubmed publisher..As in the TR? null mouse model, TR?KO frogs had statistically significant but surprisingly mild growth and development phenotypes with normal survival and fertility. ..
- Shewade L, Schneider K, Brown A, Buchholz D. In-vivo regulation of Krüppel-like factor 9 by corticosteroids and their receptors across tissues in tadpoles of Xenopus tropicalis. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2017;248:79-86 pubmed publisher..These results are consistent with previous in-vitro studies and indicate for the first time in-vivo that corticosteroid regulation of klf9 occurs exclusively via corticosterone and type-II receptor interaction across tissues. ..
- Sakane Y, Iida M, Hasebe T, Fujii S, Buchholz D, Ishizuya Oka A, et al. Functional analysis of thyroid hormone receptor beta in Xenopus tropicalis founders using CRISPR-Cas. Biol Open. 2018;7: pubmed publisher..These results indicate TRÎ² is not required but contributes to the timing of resorptive events of metamorphosis. ..
- Knoedler J, Subramani A, Denver R. The Krüppel-like factor 9 cistrome in mouse hippocampal neurons reveals predominant transcriptional repression via proximal promoter binding. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:299 pubmed publisher..We have identified genomic targets of Klf9 in hippocampal neurons and created a foundation for future studies on how it functions in chromatin, and regulates neuronal morphology and survival across the lifespan. ..
- Austin Hammond S, Jackman K, Partovi S, Veldhoen N, Helbing C. Identification of organ-autonomous constituents of the molecular memory conferred by thyroid hormone exposure in cold temperature-arrested metamorphosing Rana (Lithobates) catesbeiana tadpoles. Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics. 2016;17:58-65 pubmed publisher..Subsequent investigations are now possible to identify endogenous factors that modulate the molecular memory in intact animals. ..
- Rico Santacruz M, Serrano E, MarcÃ¬ G, GarcÃa LÃ³pez E, GarcÃa MartÃnez J. Titania-Silica Materials for Enhanced Photocatalysis. Chemistry. 2015;21:18338-44 pubmed publisher..precursor, tetrabuthylortotitanate (TBOT), with two organosilica precursors, 1,4-bis(triethoxysilyl) benzene (BTEB) and 1,2-bis(triethoxysilyl) ethane (BTEE), in mild conditions and in the absence of surfactant...
- Park Y, Ge K. Glucocorticoid Receptor Accelerates, but Is Dispensable for, Adipogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..These results clarify the role of GR in adipogenesis in vivo and demonstrate that DEX-mediated activation of GR accelerates, but is dispensable for, adipogenesis. ..
- Ri M. Endoplasmic-reticulum stress pathway-associated mechanisms of action of proteasome inhibitors in multiple myeloma. Int J Hematol. 2016;104:273-80 pubmed publisher..These findings contribute to a better understanding of the mechanisms underlying BTZ-induced apoptosis in MM cells; however, further study is needed to develop potential predictive biomarkers of efficacy of BTZ-containing therapy. ..
- Lee W, Do J, Park C, Kim J, Chung H, Kim K, et al. Identification of Putative Biomarkers for the Early Stage of Porcine Spermatogonial Stem Cells Using Next-Generation Sequencing. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0147298 pubmed publisher..These finding may not only be useful in facilitating the enrichment and sorting of porcine spermatogonia, but may also be useful in the study of the early stages of spermatogenic meiosis. ..
- Pei J, Grishin N. C2H2 zinc finger proteins of the SP/KLF, Wilms tumor, EGR, Huckebein, and Klumpfuss families in metazoans and beyond. Gene. 2015;573:91-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, two nonmetazoan groups of KLFs are present in Choanoflagellatea and Filasterea. WT1 could be evolutionarily the earliest among these GC/GT-box-binding families due to its sole presence in Ichthyosporea. ..
- Uehiro N, Sato F, Pu F, Tanaka S, Kawashima M, Kawaguchi K, et al. Circulating cell-free DNA-based epigenetic assay can detect early breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res. 2016;18:129 pubmed..As detection of early BC using this system was comparable with that of mammography screening, this system would be beneficial as an optional method of screening for BC. ..
- Peng N, Miao Z, Wang L, Liu B, Wang G, Guo X. MiR-378 promotes the cell proliferation of osteosarcoma through down-regulating the expression of kruppel-like factor 9. Biochem Cell Biol. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results demonstrated the molecular interaction between miR-378 and KLF9, indicating the therapeutic potential of miR-378 for OS. ..
- Escalona Nandez I, Guerrero Escalera D, Estanes HernÃ¡ndez A, OrtÃz Ortega V, Tovar A, PÃ©rez Monter C. The activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor Î³ is regulated by KrÃ¼ppel-like transcription factors 6 & 9 under steatotic conditions. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;458:751-6 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, the loss-of-function experiments reduced cytoplasmic triglyceride accumulation. Here, we demonstrated that KLF6 and KLF9 proteins directly regulate PPARÎ³ expression under steatotic conditions. ..
- Qiao F, Yao F, Chen L, Lu C, Ni Y, Fang W, et al. Krüppel-like factor 9 was down-regulated in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma and negatively regulated beta-catenin/TCF signaling. Mol Carcinog. 2016;55:280-91 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our study clarified the function of KLF9 in both ESCC progression and the regulation of beta-catenin/TCF signaling. ..
- Pabona J, Zhang D, Ginsburg D, Simmen F, Simmen R. Prolonged pregnancy in women is associated with attenuated myometrial expression of progesterone receptor co-regulator KrÃ¼ppel-like Factor 9. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2015;100:166-74 pubmed publisher..Myometrial KLF9 may contribute to the onset of human parturition through its regulation of PGR expression and inflammatory signaling networks. ..
- Zucker S, Fink E, Bagati A, Mannava S, Bianchi Smiraglia A, Bogner P, et al. Nrf2 amplifies oxidative stress via induction of Klf9. Mol Cell. 2014;53:916-928 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal an Nrf2-dependent feedforward regulation of ROS and identify Klf9 as a ubiquitous regulator of oxidative stress and lung injury. ..
- Gamper I, Koh K, Ruau D, Ullrich K, Bartunkova J, Piroth D, et al. GAR22: a novel target gene of thyroid hormone receptor causes growth inhibition in human erythroid cells. Exp Hematol. 2009;37:539-548.e4 pubmed publisher..Mining for T3-induced genes identified basic transcription element binding protein 1/Krüppel-like factor 9 (BTEB1/KLF9) and GAR22 as TR target genes...
- Hashimoto H, Toide K, Kitamura R, Fujita M, Tagawa S, Itoh S, et al. Gene structure of CYP3A4, an adult-specific form of cytochrome P450 in human livers, and its transcriptional control. Eur J Biochem. 1993;218:585-95 pubmed..Sogawa, K., Yasumoto, K. & Fujii-Kuriyama, Y. (1990) Mol. Cell. Biol. 10, 1470-1475]. The BTE binding factor (BTEB) was present in both adult and fetal human livers...
- Mannava S, Zhuang D, Nair J, Bansal R, Wawrzyniak J, Zucker S, et al. KLF9 is a novel transcriptional regulator of bortezomib- and LBH589-induced apoptosis in multiple myeloma cells. Blood. 2012;119:1450-8 pubmed publisher..Our data identify KLF9 as a novel and potentially clinically relevant transcriptional regulator of drug-induced apoptosis in MM cells...
- Bel Hadj Ali I, Thys M, Beltaief N, Schrauwen I, Hilgert N, Vanderstraeten K, et al. A new locus for otosclerosis, OTSC8, maps to the pericentromeric region of chromosome 9. Hum Genet. 2008;123:267-72 pubmed publisher..16 Mb interval between the markers D9S970 and D9S1799. This region comprises the pericentromeric region on both arms of chromosome 9, a highly complex region containing many duplicated sequences...
- Grasso E, Gori S, Paparini D, Soczewski E, Fernandez L, Gallino L, et al. VIP induces the decidualization program and conditions the immunoregulation of the implantation process. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2018;460:63-72 pubmed publisher..These evidences suggest that VIP contributes to the implantation process inducing decidualization, allowing BLS invasion and favoring a tolerogenic micro-environment. ..
- Koh K, Pan X, Zhang W, McLachlan A, Urrutia R, Jeong H. KrÃ¼ppel-like factor 9 promotes hepatic cytochrome P450 2D6 expression during pregnancy in CYP2D6-humanized mice. Mol Pharmacol. 2014;86:727-35 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that increased KLF9 expression is in part responsible for CYP2D6 induction during pregnancy via the potentiation of HNF4Î± transactivation of CYP2D6. ..
- Zhang J, Moncrieffe M, Kaczynski J, Ellenrieder V, Prendergast F, Urrutia R. A conserved alpha-helical motif mediates the interaction of Sp1-like transcriptional repressors with the corepressor mSin3A. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:5041-9 pubmed..Interestingly, the alpha-HRM is conserved in both the TIEG (TIEG1 and TIEG2) and BTEB (BTEB1, BTEB3, and BTEB4) subfamilies of Sp1-like proteins...
- Imataka H, Nakayama K, Yasumoto K, Mizuno A, Fujii Kuriyama Y, Hayami M. Cell-specific translational control of transcription factor BTEB expression. The role of an upstream AUG in the 5'-untranslated region. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:20668-73 pubmedb>BTEB is a GC-box binding transcription factor that can activate human immunodeficiency virus type 1 long terminal repeat and cellular gene promoters containing multiple GC boxes...
- Bai X, Li S, Wang M, Li X, Yang Y, Xu Z, et al. KrÃ¼ppel-like factor 9 down-regulates matrix metalloproteinase 9 transcription and suppresses human breast cancer invasion. Cancer Lett. 2018;412:224-235 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results uncovered a new mechanism by which KLF9 could down-regulate MMP9 expression to inhibit breast cancer metastasis. ..
- Mao Z, Fan X, Zhang J, Wang X, Ma X, Michalski C, et al. KLF9 Is a Prognostic Indicator in Human Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3795-3799 pubmed..001). Multivariate analysis confirmed KLF9 as an independent prognostic factor (p=0.000). KLF9 expression was found to be a valuable prognostic factor for patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. ..
- Okada Y, Kubo M, Ohmiya H, Takahashi A, Kumasaka N, Hosono N, et al. Common variants at CDKAL1 and KLF9 are associated with body mass index in east Asian populations. Nat Genet. 2012;44:302-6 pubmed publisher..0 × 10(-8)) between a SNP in the KLF9 locus (rs11142387) and one in the MSTN (also known as GDF8) locus at 2q32 (rs13034723). These findings should provide useful insights into the etiology of obesity. ..
- Korani M, Fallah S, Tehranian A, Nourbakhsh M, Samadikuchaksaraei A, Pour M, et al. The evaluation of the FOXO1, KLF9 and YT521 genes expression in human endometrial cancer. Clin Lab. 2013;59:483-9 pubmed..It is suggested that the alteration of the gene expression profiles of FOXO1, KLF9 and YT521, which occur in human endometrial cancers likely play a crucial role in initiation of cancer. ..
- DU H, Sarno J, Taylor H. HOXA10 inhibits Kruppel-like factor 9 expression in the human endometrial epithelium. Biol Reprod. 2010;83:205-11 pubmed publisher..HOXA10 directly and selectively repressed KLF9 expression in endometrial epithelial cells. HOXA10 repression of KLF9 likely contributes to the loss of sex steroid responsiveness in secretory-phase endometrial epithelium. ..
- Huang S, Wang C, Yi Y, Sun X, Luo M, Zhou Z, et al. KrÃ¼ppel-like factor 9 inhibits glioma cell proliferation and tumorigenicity via downregulation of miR-21. Cancer Lett. 2015;356:547-55 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings indicate a novel mechanism for KLF function in tumorigenesis and may also suggest new targets for clinical intervention in human cancer. ..
- Wang C, Zhang M, Li W, Huang X, Li S, Luan S, et al. Investigation on the function of nonionic surfactants during compressed CO2-mediated periodic mesoporous organosilica formation. Soft Matter. 2017;13:5704-5713 pubmed publisher..oxide) (Brij-58 and Brij-76), and alkyl-phenol poly(ethylene oxide) (TX-100) have been employed as templates and BTEB as a bridged organosilica precursor to synthesize PMO materials at 5.90 MPa...
- Natesampillai S, Kerkvliet J, Leung P, Veldhuis J. Regulation of Kruppel-like factor 4, 9, and 13 genes and the steroidogenic genes LDLR, StAR, and CYP11A in ovarian granulosa cells. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2008;294:E385-91 pubmed..These data introduce new potent gonadal transregulators of genes encoding proteins that mediate sterol uptake and steroid biosynthesis. ..
- Fu D, Cheng Y, He H, Liu H, Liu Y. The fate of Krüppel-like factor 9-positive hepatic carcinoma cells may be determined by the programmed cell death protein 5. Int J Oncol. 2014;44:153-60 pubmed publisher..We confirmed that PDCD5 overexpression stimulated the promoter activities of KLF9 by luciferase reporter assays. ..
- Elhamifar D, Ramazani Z, Norouzi M, Mirbagheri R. Magnetic iron oxide/phenylsulfonic acid: A novel, efficient and recoverable nanocatalyst for green synthesis of tetrahydrobenzo[b]pyrans under ultrasonic conditions. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2018;511:392-401 pubmed publisher..was prepared via modification of magnetic iron oxide cores with 1,4-bis(triethoxysilyl)benzene (BTEB) followed by sulfonation of aromatic rings...
- Ohguchi H, Tanaka T, Uchida A, Magoori K, Kudo H, Kim I, et al. Hepatocyte nuclear factor 4alpha contributes to thyroid hormone homeostasis by cooperatively regulating the type 1 iodothyronine deiodinase gene with GATA4 and Kruppel-like transcription factor 9. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:3917-31 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that HNF4alpha regulates thyroid hormone homeostasis through transcriptional regulation of the mouse Dio1 gene with GATA4 and KLF9. ..
- Zhang Q, Dou H, Tang Y, Su S, Liu P. Lentivirus-mediated knockdown of KrÃ¼ppel-like factor 9 inhibits the growth of ovarian cancer. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2015;291:377-82 pubmed publisher..Besides, KLF9 deficiency significantly inhibited tumor growth in nude mice. Therefore, our data reveal that lentivirus-mediated KLF9 silencing might be promising in the treatment of human ovarian cancer. ..
- Pabona J, Simmen F, Nikiforov M, Zhuang D, Shankar K, Velarde M, et al. Krüppel-like factor 9 and progesterone receptor coregulation of decidualizing endometrial stromal cells: implications for the pathogenesis of endometriosis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;97:E376-92 pubmed publisher..Loss of KLF9 coregulation of endometrial stromal PGR-responsive gene networks may underlie progesterone resistance in endometriosis. ..
- Cui C, Cui Y, Fu Y, Ma S, Zhang S. Microarray analysis reveals gene and microRNA signatures in diabetic kidney disease. Mol Med Rep. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Three miRNAs may also be used as biomarkers for therapy of DKD, including miR?17?5p, miR?20a and miR?106a, with the predicted targets of NR4A3, PTPRO and KLF9...
- Tong X, Liu T, Wang G, Zhang C, Liu H. MicroRNA-570 promotes lung carcinoma proliferation through targeting tumor suppressor KLF9. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:2829-34 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest a previously unknown miR-570/KLF9 molecular network controlling lung carcinoma progression. ..
- Ying M, Tilghman J, Wei Y, Guerrero Cazares H, Quinones Hinojosa A, Ji H, et al. Kruppel-like factor-9 (KLF9) inhibits glioblastoma stemness through global transcription repression and integrin Î±6 inhibition. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:32742-56 pubmed publisher..These findings enhance our understanding of the transcriptional networks underlying cancer cell stemness and differentiation and identify KLF9-regulated molecular targets applicable to cancer therapeutics. ..
- Tsukahara T, Yamagishi S, Matsuda Y, Haniu H. Lysophosphatidic acid signaling regulates the KLF9-PPAR? axis in human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived neurons. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:223-227 pubmed publisher..We discuss the contribution of the LPA1-PPAR?-KLF9 axis to neurite outgrowth and proliferation in human iPSC-derived neurons. ..
- Alizadeh Z, Shokrzadeh N, Saidijam M, Sanoee M. Semi-quantitative analysis of HOXA11, leukemia inhibitory factor and basic transcriptional element binding protein 1 mRNA expression in the mid-secretory endometrium of patients with endometriosis. Iran Biomed J. 2011;15:66-72 pubmedHOXA11 and leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) and basic transcriptional element binding protein1 (BTEB1) are expressed in endometrium throughout the menstrual cycle and show a dramatic increase during the mid-luteal phase at the time of ..
- Li J, Li J, Wang H, Li X, Wen B, Wang Y. MiR-141-3p promotes prostate cancer cell proliferation through inhibiting kruppel-like factor-9 expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;482:1381-1386 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that miR-141-3p/KLF9 may play an important role in regulating the growth of prostate cancer and is a potential target of prevention and therapy. ..
- Ying M, Sang Y, Li Y, Guerrero Cazares H, Quinones Hinojosa A, Vescovi A, et al. Krüppel-like family of transcription factor 9, a differentiation-associated transcription factor, suppresses Notch1 signaling and inhibits glioblastoma-initiating stem cells. Stem Cells. 2011;29:20-31 pubmed publisher..Our results show for the first time that KLF9 has differentiating and tumor-suppressing functions in tumor-initiating stem cells. ..
- Zhang Y, Xue Y, Cao C, Huang J, Hong Q, Hai T, et al. Thyroid hormone regulates hematopoiesis via the TR-KLF9 axis. Blood. 2017;130:2161-2170 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the TR-KLF9 axis is responsible for the hematopoietic dysfunction and might be exploited for the development of novel therapeutic interventions for thyroid diseases. ..
- Simmen F, Su Y, Xiao R, Zeng Z, Simmen R. The Krüppel-like factor 9 (KLF9) network in HEC-1-A endometrial carcinoma cells suggests the carcinogenic potential of dys-regulated KLF9 expression. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2008;6:41 pubmed publisher..KLF9 influences the expression of uterine epithelial genes through mechanisms likely involving its transcriptional activator and repressor functions and which may underlie altered tumor biology with aberrant KLF9 expression. ..
- Trakhtenberg E, Li Y, Feng Q, Tso J, Rosenberg P, Goldberg J, et al. Zinc chelation and Klf9 knockdown cooperatively promote axon regeneration after optic nerve injury. Exp Neurol. 2018;300:22-29 pubmed publisher..Thus, Zn2+ chelation in combination with Klf9 suppression holds therapeutic potential for promoting axon regeneration after optic nerve injury, and may also be effective for treating other CNS injuries and diseases. ..
- Cvoro A, Devito L, Milton F, Noli L, Zhang A, Filippi C, et al. A thyroid hormone receptor/KLF9 axis in human hepatocytes and pluripotent stem cells. Stem Cells. 2015;33:416-28 pubmed publisher..We propose that TRs cooperate with KLF9 to regulate hepatocyte proliferation and differentiation and early stages of organogenesis and that TRs exert widespread and important influences on ESC biology. ..
- Kobayashi A, Sogawa K, Imataka H, Fujii Kuriyama Y. Analysis of functional domains of a GC box-binding protein, BTEB. J Biochem. 1995;117:91-5 pubmedb>BTEB is a small GC box-binding protein containing three contiguous zinc finger structures in the C-terminal region of the molecule, and activates or represses the transcription of genes with the GC box sequence in the promoter, depending ..