Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: BMP-7
Description: bone morphogenetic protein 7
Alias: OP-1, bone morphogenetic protein 7, osteogenic protein 1
- Guo X, Lin Y, Horbinski C, Drahushuk K, Kim I, Kaplan P, et al. Dendritic growth induced by BMP-7 requires Smad1 and proteasome activity. J Neurobiol. 2001;48:120-30 pubmed..These data indicate that BMP-induced dendritic growth requires Smad1 activation and involves proteasome-mediated degradation events. ..
- Luo D, Phillips A, Fraser D. Bone morphogenetic protein-7 inhibits proximal tubular epithelial cell Smad3 signaling via increased SnoN expression. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:1139-47 pubmed publisher..These results provide an important mechanistic insight into a key regulator of TGF-beta signaling. ..
- Im H, Pacione C, Chubinskaya S, Van Wijnen A, Sun Y, Loeser R. Inhibitory effects of insulin-like growth factor-1 and osteogenic protein-1 on fibronectin fragment- and interleukin-1beta-stimulated matrix metalloproteinase-13 expression in human chondrocytes. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:25386-94 pubmed..We propose that IGF-1 and OP-1 could be key physiological regulators of MMP-13 gene expression and that the combination of IGF-1 and OP-1 may be useful in controlling the excess catabolic activity in arthritis. ..
- Rothhammer T, Wild P, Meyer S, Bataille F, Pauer A, Klinkhammer Schalke M, et al. Bone morphogenetic protein 7 (BMP7) expression is a potential novel prognostic marker for recurrence in patients with primary melanoma. Cancer Biomark. 2007;3:111-7 pubmedThe purpose of this study was to investigate whether protein expression of bone morphogenetic protein 7 (BMP7) is associated with clinico-pathologic characteristics in benign and malignant melanocytic skin tumors...
- Grijelmo C, Rodrigue C, Svrcek M, Bruyneel E, Hendrix A, De Wever O, et al. Proinvasive activity of BMP-7 through SMAD4/src-independent and ERK/Rac/JNK-dependent signaling pathways in colon cancer cells. Cell Signal. 2007;19:1722-32 pubmed
- Macias Silva M, Hoodless P, Tang S, Buchwald M, Wrana J. Specific activation of Smad1 signaling pathways by the BMP7 type I receptor, ALK2. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:25628-36 pubmed..Furthermore, we show that ALK1 (TSRI), an orphan receptor that is closely related to ALK2 also mediates Smad1 signaling. Thus, ALK1 and ALK2 induce Smad1-dependent pathways and ALK2 functions to mediate BMP7 but not activin signaling. ..
- Tacke F, Gabele E, Bataille F, Schwabe R, Hellerbrand C, Klebl F, et al. Bone morphogenetic protein 7 is elevated in patients with chronic liver disease and exerts fibrogenic effects on human hepatic stellate cells. Dig Dis Sci. 2007;52:3404-15 pubmed..This study investigated the role of bone morphogenetic protein 7 (BMP7) as a member of the transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta superfamily in chronic liver disease...
- Liu F, Ventura F, Doody J, Massague J. Human type II receptor for bone morphogenic proteins (BMPs): extension of the two-kinase receptor model to the BMPs. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:3479-86 pubmed..The combinatorial nature of these receptors and their capacity to crosstalk with the activin receptor system may underlie the multifunctional nature of their ligands. ..
- Alarmo E, Pärssinen J, Ketolainen J, Savinainen K, Karhu R, Kallioniemi A. BMP7 influences proliferation, migration, and invasion of breast cancer cells. Cancer Lett. 2009;275:35-43 pubmed publisherb>Bone morphogenetic protein 7 (BMP7) is a signaling molecule originally identified based on its ability to form bone. It is essential during development, and more recently has also been implicated in cancer pathogenesis...
- Maric I, Poljak L, Zoricic S, Bobinac D, Bosukonda D, Sampath K, et al. Bone morphogenetic protein-7 reduces the severity of colon tissue damage and accelerates the healing of inflammatory bowel disease in rats. J Cell Physiol. 2003;196:258-64 pubmed..Taken together, the results of this study suggest that BMP-7 plays an important role in the regulation of anti-inflammatory response in the adult gut tissue. ..
- Wetzel P, Haag J, Campean V, Goldschmeding R, Atalla A, Amann K, et al. Bone morphogenetic protein-7 expression and activity in the human adult normal kidney is predominantly localized to the distal nephron. Kidney Int. 2006;70:717-23 pubmed..These findings suggest that BMP-7 plays a physiological role mostly in this part of the kidney. Still, as reported previously, PTCs are responsive to BMP-7, but presumably not in an autocrine or paracrine mode in normal adult kidneys. ..
- Morrissey C, Brown L, Pitts T, Vessella R, Corey E. Bone morphogenetic protein 7 is expressed in prostate cancer metastases and its effects on prostate tumor cells depend on cell phenotype and the tumor microenvironment. Neoplasia. 2010;12:192-205 pubmed..Further studies are needed to identify changes in BMP-7 signaling that lead to the loss of its control of proliferation during PCa progression. ..
- Honsawek S, Chayanupatkul M, Tanavalee A, Sakdinakiattikoon M, Deepaisarnsakul B, Yuktanandana P, et al. Relationship of plasma and synovial fluid BMP-7 with disease severity in knee osteoarthritis patients: a pilot study. Int Orthop. 2009;33:1171-5 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that BMP-7 might serve as a biochemical parameter for determining disease severity in primary knee OA and could play a potential role in cartilage protection and repair of OA. ..
- Murray L, Hackett T, Warner S, Shaheen F, Argentieri R, Dudas P, et al. BMP-7 does not protect against bleomycin-induced lung or skin fibrosis. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e4039 pubmed publisher..Taken together our data indicates that BMP-7 has no anti-fibrotic effect in lung or skin fibrosis either in vivo or in vitro. This suggests that the therapeutic options for BMP-7 may be confined to the renal compartment. ..
- Lee M, Yang C, Jin D, Chang Y, Bang B, Kim Y. Bone morphogenetic protein-7 inhibits constitutive and interleukin-1 beta-induced monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression in human mesangial cells: role for JNK/AP-1 pathway. J Immunol. 2003;170:2557-63 pubmed
- Aoki M, Ishigami S, Uenosono Y, Arigami T, Uchikado Y, Kita Y, et al. Expression of BMP-7 in human gastric cancer and its clinical significance. Br J Cancer. 2011;104:714-8 pubmed publisher..We can use BMP-7 expression as one of the strong predictors of risk of tumour recurrence in gastric cancer. ..
- Buijs J, Rentsch C, van der Horst G, Van Overveld P, Wetterwald A, Schwaninger R, et al. BMP7, a putative regulator of epithelial homeostasis in the human prostate, is a potent inhibitor of prostate cancer bone metastasis in vivo. Am J Pathol. 2007;171:1047-57 pubmed..Thus, BMP7 can still counteract the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition process in the metastatic tumor, positioning BMP7 as a novel therapeutic molecule for treatment of metastatic bone disease. ..
- Huse K, Bakkebø M, Oksvold M, Forfang L, Hilden V, Stokke T, et al. Bone morphogenetic proteins inhibit CD40L/IL-21-induced Ig production in human B cells: differential effects of BMP-6 and BMP-7. Eur J Immunol. 2011;41:3135-45 pubmed publisher..Expression of transcription factors regulating earlier stages (IRF4, PRDM1) was not affected by BMP-6. Taken together, these results show that BMPs are potent suppressors of naive and memory B cells. ..
- Chubinskaya S, Frank B, Michalska M, Kumar B, Merrihew C, Thonar E, et al. Osteogenic protein 1 in synovial fluid from patients with rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis: relationship with disease and levels of hyaluronan and antigenic keratan sulfate. Arthritis Res Ther. 2006;8:R73 pubmed..The purpose of our study was to identify and characterize osteogenic protein 1 (OP-1) in SF from patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) or with osteoarthritis (OA) and to correlate ..
- Shen B, Wei A, Whittaker S, Williams L, Tao H, Ma D, et al. The role of BMP-7 in chondrogenic and osteogenic differentiation of human bone marrow multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells in vitro. J Cell Biochem. 2010;109:406-16 pubmed publisher..BMP-7 may be a useful enhancer of in vitro differentiation of BM MSCs for cell-based tissue repair. ..
- Griffith D, Keck P, Sampath T, Rueger D, Carlson W. Three-dimensional structure of recombinant human osteogenic protein 1: structural paradigm for the transforming growth factor beta superfamily. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:878-83 pubmedWe report the three-dimensional structure of osteogenic protein 1 (OP-1, also known as bone morphogenetic protein 7) to 2.8-A resolution...
- Lavery K, Swain P, Falb D, Alaoui Ismaili M. BMP-2/4 and BMP-6/7 differentially utilize cell surface receptors to induce osteoblastic differentiation of human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:20948-58 pubmed publisher..These results suggest different mechanisms for BMP-2/4- and BMP-6/7-induced osteoblastic differentiation in primary hMSC. ..
- Kron K, Pethe V, Briollais L, Sadikovic B, Ozcelik H, Sunderji A, et al. Discovery of novel hypermethylated genes in prostate cancer using genomic CpG island microarrays. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4830 pubmed publisher..This study identifies novel epigenetic biomarkers of prostate cancer and prostate cancer progression, and provides a global assessment of DNA methylation in prostate cancer. ..
- Kalluri R, Neilson E. Epithelial-mesenchymal transition and its implications for fibrosis. J Clin Invest. 2003;112:1776-84 pubmed..This review highlights recent advances in the process of EMT signaling in health and disease and how it may be attenuated or reversed by selective cytokines and growth factors. ..
- Merrihew C, Kumar B, Heretis K, Rueger D, Kuettner K, Chubinskaya S. Alterations in endogenous osteogenic protein-1 with degeneration of human articular cartilage. J Orthop Res. 2003;21:899-907 pubmed..In conclusion, an overall decrease in endogenous OP-1 in degenerated and OA tissue suggests that OP-1 could be one of the factors responsible for normal homeostasis and matrix integrity in cartilage. ..
- Beck H, Drahushuk K, Jacoby D, Higgins D, Lein P. Bone morphogenetic protein-5 (BMP-5) promotes dendritic growth in cultured sympathetic neurons. BMC Neurosci. 2001;2:12 pubmed
- Godin R, Takaesu N, Robertson E, Dudley A. Regulation of BMP7 expression during kidney development. Development. 1998;125:3473-82 pubmed..By contrast, BMP7 expression in the metanephric mesenchyme is dependent on proteoglycans and possibly Wnt signaling. ..
- Celeste A, Iannazzi J, Taylor R, Hewick R, Rosen V, Wang E, et al. Identification of transforming growth factor beta family members present in bone-inductive protein purified from bovine bone. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:9843-7 pubmed
- Schwalbe M, Sänger J, Eggers R, Naumann A, Schmidt A, Höffken K, et al. Differential expression and regulation of bone morphogenetic protein 7 in breast cancer. Int J Oncol. 2003;23:89-95 pubmedb>Bone morphogenetic protein 7 (BMP-7) is an important regulator of cell development and differentiation of various organs...
- Motoyama K, Tanaka F, Kosaka Y, Mimori K, Uetake H, Inoue H, et al. Clinical significance of BMP7 in human colorectal cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2008;15:1530-7 pubmed publisher..30; p < 0.05). Expression of BMP7 in colorectal tumors correlates with parameters of pathological aggressiveness such as liver metastasis and poor prognosis. Thus, BMP7 could be a useful clinical marker for colorectal cancer patients. ..
- Rosenzweig B, Imamura T, Okadome T, Cox G, Yamashita H, ten Dijke P, et al. Cloning and characterization of a human type II receptor for bone morphogenetic proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:7632-6 pubmed..Binding of OP-1/BMP-7 to BMPR-II was also observed in nontransfected cell lines. Moreover, a transcriptional activation signal was transduced by BMPR-II in the presence of type I receptors after stimulation by OP-1/BMP-7. ..
- Yeh L, Tsai A, Lee J. Bone morphogenetic protein-7 regulates differentially the mRNA expression of bone morphogenetic proteins and their receptors in rat achilles and patellar tendon cell cultures. J Cell Biochem. 2008;104:2107-22 pubmed publisher..The findings may have implications in the treatment of different tendon injuries with BMPs. ..
- Dudas P, Argentieri R, Farrell F. BMP-7 fails to attenuate TGF-beta1-induced epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in human proximal tubule epithelial cells. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2009;24:1406-16 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we were unable to demonstrate BMP-7-stimulated MET in rat renal fibroblasts. A protective effect was however observed at an elevated BMP-7 concentration in mouse renal tubular epithelial cells. ..
- Ozkaynak E, Rueger D, Drier E, Corbett C, Ridge R, Sampath T, et al. OP-1 cDNA encodes an osteogenic protein in the TGF-beta family. EMBO J. 1990;9:2085-93 pubmed..Sequence analysis indicates that OP-1 is a relative of the murine Vgr-1 (Vg-1 related gene). This report describes the cDNA structure and putative amino acid sequence of OP-1. ..
- Helder M, Ozkaynak E, Sampath K, Luyten F, Latin V, Oppermann H, et al. Expression pattern of osteogenic protein-1 (bone morphogenetic protein-7) in human and mouse development. J Histochem Cytochem. 1995;43:1035-44 pubmed..These data suggest that, although OP-1 has been isolated from bone matrix, it may have additional regulatory roles in the morphogenesis and/or function of the kidney, limb bud, tooth, heart, and intestine. ..
- Mitu G, Hirschberg R. Bone morphogenetic protein-7 (BMP7) in chronic kidney disease. Front Biosci. 2008;13:4726-39 pubmed..Although at present the beneficial effects of BMP7 have only been studied in rodent models of chronic renal diseases, there is promise for therapeutic utility of rhBMP7 or small molecule BMP7 agonists in patients. ..
- Merrihew C, Soeder S, Rueger D, Kuettner K, Chubinskaya S. Modulation of endogenous osteogenic protein-1 (OP-1) by interleukin-1 in adult human articular cartilage. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2003;85-A Suppl 3:67-74 pubmed..The results of the present study indicate that human adult chondrocytes have an ability to respond anabolically to initial or early catabolic events through an upregulation of endogenous OP-1. ..
- Tsai A, Yeh L, Lee J. Effects of osteogenic protein-1 (OP-1, BMP-7) on gene expression in cultured medial collateral ligament cells. J Cell Biochem. 2003;90:777-91 pubmed
- Yang S, Zhong C, Frenkel B, Reddi A, Roy Burman P. Diverse biological effect and Smad signaling of bone morphogenetic protein 7 in prostate tumor cells. Cancer Res. 2005;65:5769-77 pubmed
- Garriock H, Kraft J, Shyn S, Peters E, Yokoyama J, Jenkins G, et al. A genomewide association study of citalopram response in major depressive disorder. Biol Psychiatry. 2010;67:133-8 pubmed publisher..We have carried out a genomewide association study to determine whether common DNA variation influences antidepressant response...
- Xu G, Tang S, Yang J, Chen K, Kang J, Zhao G, et al. BMP7 expression in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma and its potential role in modulating metastasis. Dig Dis Sci. 2013;58:1871-9 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that BMP7 modulates the expression of E-cadherin and MMP-9, and by which mechanism it may regulate cell migration and metastasis of ESCCs. ..
- Mohan R, Morgan B, Anumanthan G, Sharma A, Chaurasia S, Rieger F. Characterization of Inhibitor of differentiation (Id) proteins in human cornea. Exp Eye Res. 2016;146:145-53 pubmed publisher..Also, Id's were differentially regulated with TGFÎ²1 and/or BMP7 in a time dependent manner and might serve as a therapeutic target in corneal fibrosis. ..
- McCullough K, Waits C, Garimella R, Tague S, Sipe J, Anderson H. Immunohistochemical localization of bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) 2, 4, 6, and 7 during induced heterotopic bone formation. J Orthop Res. 2007;25:465-72 pubmed..These new data can be useful in understanding the role of BMPs in promoting clinical bone repair and in various pathologic conditions. ..
- Brigaud I, Agniel R, Leroy Dudal J, Kellouche S, Ponche A, Bouceba T, et al. Synergistic effects of BMP-2, BMP-6 or BMP-7 with human plasma fibronectin onto hydroxyapatite coatings: A comparative study. Acta Biomater. 2017;55:481-492 pubmed publisher..Finally, this work supports the alternative use of FN/BMP-6 to induce osteogenic activity under physiological conditions, with minimum side effects. ..
- Zhang X, Guo J, Wu G, Zhou Y. Effects of heterodimeric bone morphogenetic protein-2/7 on osteogenesis of human adipose-derived stem cells. Cell Prolif. 2015;48:650-60 pubmed publisher..Heterodimeric BMP-2/7 significantly promoted osteogenesis of hASCs in vitro and in vivo. However, BMP-2/7 was not found to be a stronger inducer of osteogenesis compared to homodimeric either BMP-2 or BMP-7. ..
- Zhang L, Li K, Yan X, Liang X, Wang S, Han Q, et al. MicroRNA-498 Inhibition Enhances the Differentiation of Human Adipose-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells into Podocyte-Like Cells. Stem Cells Dev. 2015;24:2841-52 pubmed publisher..Thereby, our study advocated an efficient method for the induction of kidney podocyte-like (iPod) cells from hAD-MSCs and provided an ideal candidate for regenerative therapies of the kidney. ..
- Long D, Ulici V, Chubinskaya S, Loeser R. Heparin-binding epidermal growth factor-like growth factor (HB-EGF) is increased in osteoarthritis and regulates chondrocyte catabolic and anabolic activities. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2015;23:1523-31 pubmed publisher..Cultured chondrocytes were treated with fibronectin fragments (FN-f) as a catabolic stimulus and osteogenic protein 1 (OP-1) as an anabolic stimulus...
- Akiyama I, Yoshino O, Osuga Y, Shi J, Harada M, Koga K, et al. Bone morphogenetic protein 7 increased vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-a expression in human granulosa cells and VEGF receptor expression in endothelial cells. Reprod Sci. 2014;21:477-82 pubmed publisher..In the present study, the relationship between VEGF and intraovarian cytokine, bone morphogenetic protein 7 (BMP-7) was investigated...
- Wu D, Wang S, Liu C, Wuputra K, Kato K, Lee Y, et al. Reprogramming Antagonizes the Oncogenicity of HOXA13-Long Noncoding RNA HOTTIP Axis in Gastric Cancer Cells. Stem Cells. 2017;35:2115-2128 pubmed publisher..noncoding RNAs (lncRNAs)-homeobox protein HOXA13 axis on the switching of the oncogenic function of bone morphogenetic protein 7 (BMP7), which is significantly lost in the gastric cancer cell derived iPS-like cells (iPSLCs)...
- Yan Z, Li N, Guo Y, Yao X, Wang H, Luo W, et al. [Genetic variations of bone morphogenetic protein 7 gene are associated with hypertriglyceridemia of Uygur Chinese in Xinjiang]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2011;39:221-7 pubmed..562 by logistic regression analysis (95%CI: 0.393 - 0.802, P = 0.002). The present study shows rs6025422 polymorphism in the BMP7 gene is linked with hypertriglyceridemia phenotype in Uygur Chinese population. ..
- Chaofeng W, Chao Z, Deli W, Jianhong W, Yan Z, Cheng X, et al. Nucleus pulposus cells expressing hBMP7 can prevent the degeneration of allogenic IVD in a canine transplantation model. J Orthop Res. 2013;31:1366-73 pubmed publisher..the biological tissue engineering IVD by injecting the nucleus pulposus cells (NPCs) expressing human bone morphogenetic protein 7 (hBMP7) into cryopreserved IVD, and transplant the biological tissue engineering IVD into a beagle dog ..
- Xu K, Wu X, Shapiro E, Huang H, Zhang L, Hickling D, et al. Bmp7 functions via a polarity mechanism to promote cloacal septation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29372 pubmed publisher..Yet, the cellular mechanisms of cloacal septation remain poorly understood. We previously detected Bone morphogenetic protein 7 (Bmp7) expression in the urorectal mesenchyme (URM), and have shown that loss of Bmp7 function results ..
- Barbara N, Wrana J, Letarte M. Endoglin is an accessory protein that interacts with the signaling receptor complex of multiple members of the transforming growth factor-beta superfamily. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:584-94 pubmed..Our data suggest that endoglin is an accessory protein of multiple kinase receptor complexes of the TGF-beta superfamily. ..
- Ji X, Jin S, Qu X, Li K, Wang H, He H, et al. Lysine-specific demethylase 5C promotes hepatocellular carcinoma cell invasion through inhibition BMP7 expression. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:801 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of BMP7 significantly promotes shKDM5C-induced cell migration inhibition. Taken together, these data suggest that KDM5C-mediated BMP7 inactivation is essential for HCC cell invasion. ..
- Chen T, Li Q, Xu J, Ding K, Wang Y, Wang W, et al. Mutation screening of BMP4, BMP7, HOXA4 and HOXB6 genes in Chinese patients with hypospadias. Eur J Hum Genet. 2007;15:23-8 pubmed..Further functional studies are required to make the associations clear between these variants and hypospadias. ..
- Sengle G, Charbonneau N, Ono R, Sasaki T, Alvarez J, Keene D, et al. Targeting of bone morphogenetic protein growth factor complexes to fibrillin. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:13874-88 pubmed publisher..These data implicate the fibrillin microfibril network in the extracellular control of BMP signaling and demonstrate differences in how prodomains target their growth factors to the extracellular space. ..
- Garred M, Wang M, Guo X, Harrington C, Lein P. Transcriptional responses of cultured rat sympathetic neurons during BMP-7-induced dendritic growth. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21754 pubmed publisher..Since BMPs selectively promote dendritic growth in central neurons as well, these findings may be generally applicable to dendritic growth in other neuronal cell types. ..
- Hruska K, Guo G, Wozniak M, Martin D, Miller S, Liapis H, et al. Osteogenic protein-1 prevents renal fibrogenesis associated with ureteral obstruction. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2000;279:F130-43 pubmed..Thus OP-1 treatment inhibited tubular epithelial disruption stimulated by the renal injury of UUO, preventing tubular atrophy and diminishing the activation of tubulointerstitial inflammation and fibrosis and preserving renal function...
- Krizhanovsky V, Ben Arie N. A novel role for the choroid plexus in BMP-mediated inhibition of differentiation of cerebellar neural progenitors. Mech Dev. 2006;123:67-75 pubmed..Our data indicate that besides its secretory and barrier functions, the choroid plexus has a novel role in attenuating the differentiation of adjacent neural progenitors. ..
- Ordway G, Szebeni A, Chandley M, Stockmeier C, Xiang L, Newton S, et al. Low gene expression of bone morphogenetic protein 7 in brainstem astrocytes in major depression. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2012;15:855-68 pubmed publisher..The goal of this study was to identify potential mediators of brain noradrenergic dysfunction in MDD. Bone morphogenetic protein 7 (BMP7), a member of the transforming growth factor-? superfamily, is a critical mediator of ..
- Reddi A. Bone morphogenetic proteins and skeletal development: the kidney-bone connection. Pediatr Nephrol. 2000;14:598-601 pubmed..Targeted disruption of gene action by homologous recombination has demonstrated the role of BMP 7 in kidney, eye and skeletal development...
- Abir R, Ben Haroush A, Melamed N, Felz C, Krissi H, Fisch B. Expression of bone morphogenetic proteins 4 and 7 and their receptors IA, IB, and II in human ovaries from fetuses and adults. Fertil Steril. 2008;89:1430-40 pubmed..However, to elucidate whether indeed BMP-4 or BMP-7 are involved in the initiation of human primordial follicular growth, they should be added to the culture medium. ..
- Bollum L, Huse K, Oksvold M, Bai B, Hilden V, Forfang L, et al. BMP-7 induces apoptosis in human germinal center B cells and is influenced by TGF-β receptor type I ALK5. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177188 pubmed publisher..Altogether, we identified BMP-7 as a negative regulator of GC B-cell survival. The effect was counteracted by truncated ALK5, suggesting greater complexity in regulating BMP-7 signaling than previously believed. ..