Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: BLOC1S2
Description: biogenesis of lysosomal organelles complex 1 subunit 2
Alias: BLOS2, BORCS2, CEAP, CEAP11, biogenesis of lysosome-related organelles complex 1 subunit 2, 11 kDa centrosome associated protein, BLOC-1 subunit 2, centrosomal 10 kDa protein, centrosome protein oncogene
- Ciciotte S, Gwynn B, Moriyama K, Huizing M, Gahl W, Bonifacino J, et al. Cappuccino, a mouse model of Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome, encodes a novel protein that is part of the pallidin-muted complex (BLOC-1). Blood. 2003;101:4402-7 pubmed
- Monfregola J, Napolitano G, D Urso M, Lappalainen P, Ursini M. Functional characterization of Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein and scar homolog (WASH), a bi-modular nucleation-promoting factor able to interact with biogenesis of lysosome-related organelle subunit 2 (BLOS2) and gamma-tubulin. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:16951-7 pubmed publisher..We have also found that WASH interacts through its N-terminal region with BLOS2, a centrosomal protein belonging to the BLOC-1 complex that functions as a scaffolding factor in the biogenesis of ..
- Moriyama K, Bonifacino J. Pallidin is a component of a multi-protein complex involved in the biogenesis of lysosome-related organelles. Traffic. 2002;3:666-77 pubmed..These observations indicate that pallidin is a subunit of a novel multi-protein complex involved in the biogenesis of lysosome-related organelles. ..
- Xia P, Wang S, Du Y, Zhao Z, Shi L, Sun L, et al. WASH inhibits autophagy through suppression of Beclin 1 ubiquitination. EMBO J. 2013;32:2685-96 pubmed publisher..The lysine 437 ubiquitination of Beclin 1 enhances the association with Vps34 to promote Vps34 activity. WASH can suppress Beclin 1 ubiquitination to inactivate Vps34 activity leading to suppression of autophagy. ..
- Gdynia G, Lehmann Koch J, Sieber S, Tagscherer K, Fassl A, Zentgraf H, et al. BLOC1S2 interacts with the HIPPI protein and sensitizes NCH89 glioblastoma cells to apoptosis. Apoptosis. 2008;13:437-47 pubmed publisher..In search for other binding partners of HIPPI, we performed a yeast two hybrid screen and identified BLOC1S2 (Biogenesis of lysosome-related organelles complex-1 subunit 2) as a novel HIPPI-interacting protein...
- Niwa S, Tao L, Lu S, Liew G, Feng W, Nachury M, et al. BORC Regulates the Axonal Transport of Synaptic Vesicle Precursors by Activating ARL-8. Curr Biol. 2017;27:2569-2578.e4 pubmed publisher..We found mutations in six BORC subunits-blos-1/BLOS1, blos-2/BLOS2, snpn-1/Snapin, sam-4/Myrlysin, blos-7/Lyspersin, and blos-9/MEF2BNB-cause defects in axonal transport of SVPs, ..
- Wang Z, Wei H, Yu Y, Sun J, Yang Y, Xing G, et al. Characterization of Ceap-11 and Ceap-16, two novel splicing-variant-proteins, associated with centrosome, microtubule aggregation and cell proliferation. J Mol Biol. 2004;343:71-82 pubmed..These two alternatively spliced polypeptide-variants are associated with centrosomes, and are designated Ceap-11 and Ceap-16, respectively, according to the acronym Ceap for centrosomal-associated protein and the approximate ..
- Starcevic M, Dell Angelica E. Identification of snapin and three novel proteins (BLOS1, BLOS2, and BLOS3/reduced pigmentation) as subunits of biogenesis of lysosome-related organelles complex-1 (BLOC-1). J Biol Chem. 2004;279:28393-401 pubmed..Using specific antibodies to detect endogenous proteins from human and mouse cells, we found that Snapin, BLOS1, BLOS2, and BLOS3 co-immunoprecipitate, and co-fractionate upon size exclusion chromatography, with previously known BLOC-..
- Li W, Zhang Q, Oiso N, Novak E, Gautam R, O Brien E, et al. Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome type 7 (HPS-7) results from mutant dysbindin, a member of the biogenesis of lysosome-related organelles complex 1 (BLOC-1). Nat Genet. 2003;35:84-9 pubmed